PDA

View Full Version : I love hauling Military equipent

Spider
08-03-2009, 08:30 PM
These guys are just flat out bad ass , I was walking to the PX here at Camp Dona Anna ( near white sands) and saw a convoy of armed humvees ,I was just in awe , Paid a little tribute to the soldiers in each humvee , the gunners looked so young , I get into the px here , great place ........... Oh and lesson learned for sure , never ,ever under any circumstances ask a military man if something is in walking distance , these bad asses march 20 miles a day before noon , of course everything is in walking distance .........
Ft McCoy was another great place ...........

Spider
08-03-2009, 08:33 PM
By the way , you get a nice secure feeling staying on base , I havent been to a base yet , they havent let me park and spend the night .........
Nothing makes you prouder then seeing our military ..........These are some damn fine men and women ...........

Ratboy
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Military man?

I know we Airmen do things a little different.

"Sure, it's in walking distance (a mile at best), but we rather pay a $2.30 cab ride!"

Rock Chalk
08-03-2009, 08:36 PM
No one gives a ****. Training camp has started, leave your stupid threads out of the main forum.

Spider
08-03-2009, 08:41 PM
No one gives a ****. Training camp has started, leave your stupid threads out of the main forum.
then why open this thread **** stick ?

Spider
08-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Military man?

I know we Airmen do things a little different.

"Sure, it's in walking distance (a mile at best), but we rather pay a $2.30 cab ride!"

;D I am with you ....

Dudeskey
08-03-2009, 10:14 PM
By the way , you get a nice secure feeling staying on base , I havent been to a base yet , they havent let me park and spend the night .........
Nothing makes you prouder then seeing our military ..........These are some damn fine men and women ...........

That sort of how I felt when I used to live in Fountain near Fort Carson. they'd be doing artillery (I think) and that would shake my windows, but I didn't care. Not only did I think it was cool, but I'm glad they're doing exercises like that routinely. Then there was the stint I lived near Buckley AFB. Usually quiet, but at 10pm every night you can hear "Taps" being played...

Los Broncos
08-03-2009, 10:15 PM
Worthless without pics.

Spider
08-03-2009, 10:41 PM
I should have taken Pics , but I left my phone n my truck ........;D
That sort of how I felt when I used to live in Fountain near Fort Carson. they'd be doing artillery (I think) and that would shake my windows, but I didn't care. Not only did I think it was cool, but I'm glad they're doing exercises like that routinely. Then there was the stint I lived near Buckley AFB. Usually quiet, but at 10pm every night you can hear "Taps" being played...™
All I could think is , when an Iraqi or a Afghani sees that **** coming at them , they have to be scared ...........

Archer81
08-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Oh man, I miss the PX and the commissary. No state taxes.

:Broncos:

Miss I.
08-03-2009, 11:19 PM
hmm, I also enjoy hauling the military's equipment, but umm, I suppose you meant like actual machinery of some sort. ;D Oh well, time to make the donuts now....catch you all on the flipside...

Archer81
08-03-2009, 11:22 PM
hmm, I also enjoy hauling the military's equipment, but umm, I suppose you meant like actual machinery of some sort. ;D Oh well, time to make the donuts now....catch you all on the flipside...

High 5.

Mogulseeker
08-03-2009, 11:24 PM

Jeez, dude.

I swear to god... I tell this to every single person I come across when the topic arises: nothing we can possibly do can equate to the service of the men in uniform. I don't care who you are, if you've worn a military uniform, you've been through some ****.

Jim Webb's GI Bill was a nice start.

As for the hardware, well I'm a little partial to Aircraft Carriers, Amphibious Assault Vehicles and M-16's myself, lol :D

McDman
08-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Hahahaha this made me laugh out loud.

Mogulseeker
08-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Oh man, I miss the PX and the commissary. No state taxes.

Did you retire? IRR gave me commissary, PX, gym, and auto shop privileges at Buckley. I don't really use it because I'm across town, and the officers always give me **** when I'm on base because I have a beard now.

I still gas up at the base gas station and use the Navy Federal there, though. Even though I think it's ironic that the US Military buys most of its fuel from Hugo Chavez.

BroncoDoug
08-03-2009, 11:30 PM
Thats pretty cool spidey, what are you hauling? I can't wait to get out of basic and get my military career going. Those guys have been through some **** and deserve the utmost respect.

Archer81
08-03-2009, 11:56 PM
Did you retire? IRR gave me commissary, PX, gym, and auto shop privileges at Buckley. I don't really use it because I'm across town, and the officers always give me **** when I'm on base because I have a beard now.

I still gas up at the base gas station and use the Navy Federal there, though. Even though I think it's ironic that the US Military buys most of its fuel from Hugo Chavez.

No, I was a dependant. My dad is USMC. Currently he is in Afghanistan between Kabul and Jalalabad as an advisor to the Afghani army. My younger brothers joined the Marines, one has a year left in the reserves, the other has 2 years left on active duty, hes in Socal now. Had my own military ID so I could use the PX and Commissary. And gas on base was always cheaper than anywhere else. I grew up at Quantico and Camp LeJeune.

Mogulseeker
08-04-2009, 12:01 AM
no, i was a dependant. My dad is usmc. Currently he is in afghanistan between kabul and jalalabad as an advisor to the afghani army. My younger brothers joined the marines, one has a year left in the reserves, the other has 2 years left on active duty, hes in socal now. Had my own military id so i could use the px and commissary. And gas on base was always cheaper than anywhere else. I grew up at quantico and camp lejeune.

:broncos:

:usa:

Archer81
08-04-2009, 12:05 AM
:usa:

Amen.

ant1999e
08-04-2009, 07:20 AM
Then there was the stint I lived near Buckley AFB. Usually quiet, but at 10pm every night you can hear "Taps" being played...

I love hearing taps at 2200. It's very soothing. But retreat at 1630 is pretty cool also. I'm always proud when my kids stop playing to pay their respects to the flag. It's an awsome sight. :USA:

ND Bronco Fan
08-04-2009, 07:37 AM

This is the exact reason people are leaving the Mane for other places (people like you and your attitude).....listen douchebag, without these service men and women we would not have the freedom to sit in our undewear eating cheetos and bitching about whether or not the grass is too green at training camp.

Shut up and pay some respects and take your crabby ass back to the end of the line.

fido
08-04-2009, 07:47 AM
This is the exact reason people are leaving the Mane for other places (people like you and your attitude).....listen douchebag, without these service men and women we would not have the freedom to sit in our undewear eating cheetos and b****ing about whether or not the grass is too green at training camp.

Shut up and pay some respects and take your crabby ass back to the end of the line.

:thumbs:

SouthStndJunkie
08-04-2009, 07:57 AM
I don't think Rock Chalk was b****ing about the military in this thread....he was b****ing about Spider's propensity for starting numerous threads covering the minute details of his existence.

broncofan7
08-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Don't know about the other services --but we Airmen called it the 'BX'--base exchange

Dudeskey
08-04-2009, 08:12 AM
I love hearing taps at 2200. It's very soothing. But retreat at 1630 is pretty cool also. I'm always proud when my kids stop playing to pay their respects to the flag. It's an awsome site. :USA:

I liked it, except when my ghetto ass neighbors downstairs would drown it out.

Broncos_OTM
08-04-2009, 08:26 AM
spider needs to do twitte r that way everyone can read his tweets.....or not.

i aggree the mane is very hostile and childish, but has a few very good posters. i used to post alot onmania but it's like pre school there maybe its me but i'll take this over that. although the pile ons get old

Tombstone RJ
08-04-2009, 08:28 AM
No, I was a dependant. My dad is USMC. Currently he is in Afghanistan between Kabul and Jalalabad as an advisor to the Afghani army. My younger brothers joined the Marines, one has a year left in the reserves, the other has 2 years left on active duty, hes in Socal now. Had my own military ID so I could use the PX and Commissary. And gas on base was always cheaper than anywhere else. I grew up at Quantico and Camp LeJeune.

I know this is way off topic, but how do you feel about gays in the military? Thought I saw somewhere on this board that you are of the homosexual persuasion.

Spider
08-04-2009, 09:17 AM
Thats pretty cool spidey, what are you hauling? I can't wait to get out of basic and get my military career going. Those guys have been through some **** and deserve the utmost respect.

I had a D-8 Dozer on this time ......... But I haul just about everythng

Mogulseeker
08-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Don't know about the other services --but we Airmen called it the 'BX'--base exchange

I figured PX would be universal. That's Army.

The Navy and Marines call it the NEX

Spider
08-04-2009, 09:21 AM

;D I have been to 2 air bases , Ft March in Rivrside Cali , and Hector Air Force base out by Fargo ND ........Man I couldnt do that walk of the run way...... Mucho respect for those that do it

Spider
08-04-2009, 09:35 AM
I don't think Rock Chalk was b****ing about the military in this thread....he was b****ing about Spider's propensity for starting numerous threads covering the minute details of his existence.

you have the right to ignore my threads dont you ?
Besides who died and Left rock chalk in Charge ?
so stop your whining and move along

TheReverend
08-04-2009, 09:49 AM

LeJeune... no wonder you're gay. God that place is a ****-hole unrivaled by even third-world ****-holes. I still thank the heavens that I spent the majority of my time in Pendleton.

SouthStndJunkie
08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
you have the right to ignore my threads dont you ?
Besides who died and Left rock chalk in Charge ?
so stop your whining and move along

Breaker Breaker....we got a pissed off trucker with his panties in a bunch.

He is headed down the highway with a D-8 Dozer, no seat belt, and seems to be posting on the Internet while driving.

Spider
08-04-2009, 09:55 AM
Breaker Breaker....we got a pissed off trucker with his panties in a bunch.

He is headed down the highway with D-8 Dozer, no seat belt, and seems to be posting on the Internet while driving.

you should know by now I am not pissed , and I am sitting In El paso at the petro on exit 38 ........ Oh wait you was trying to be funny ......... My Bad

Archer81
08-04-2009, 11:12 AM
I know this is way off topic, but how do you feel about gays in the military? Thought I saw somewhere on this board that you are of the homosexual persuasion.

If someone feels a duty to serve their country, and they pick to join the military, then I am all for them expressing that need.

JJJ
08-04-2009, 12:28 PM

My grandfather ran the PX at Quantico for many years. My pop was born there and was a VMI grad and a 32-year man in the Corps. I grew up on MCRD, Pearl Harbor and Pendleton. Great memories, great people. Not too many people get to see just how amazing these men really are on a daily basis.

Semper Fi.

JJJ
08-04-2009, 12:32 PM
I figured PX would be universal. That's Army.

The Navy and Marines call it the NEX

Not on the bases I grew up on. It was always the PX. Must be a new age thing.

bronco militia
08-04-2009, 12:57 PM
you should know by now I am not pissed , and I am sitting In El paso at the petro on exit 38 ........ Oh wait you was trying to be funny ......... My Bad

Junkie forgot to ad the international internet symbol ;D for sarcasm

...after all, the ;D makes everypost OK

Ha!

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
then why open this thread **** stick ?

To try and get you to stop making stupid threads about where and what you are hauling. I mean if it's really interesting like you run someone over, discover a 2 headed hooker, see a chupacabra in Texas after driving 18 hours str8 etc etc.

We know you love some men in uniform so there was nothing new here.

Did you get a date?

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 01:13 PM
oh sorry ROFL!

makes it all better!!!!

A laughing smiley!!!!!!! A cure all for any comment!!!!!:D

Archer81
08-04-2009, 01:14 PM
Not on the bases I grew up on. It was always the PX. Must be a new age thing.

When I lived on base it was "the exchange" or the "px". NEX is new to me. Oddly enough no one referred to it as the store.

Spider
08-04-2009, 01:17 PM
To try and get you to stop making stupid threads about where and what you are hauling. I mean if it's really interesting like you run someone over, discover a 2 headed hooker, see a chupacabra in Texas after driving 18 hours str8 etc etc.

Did you get a date?

you still have the right to skip my threads , no need to continually whine is there ? .......Just shut the **** up and go to a thread you like . it isnt rocket science genius

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
you still have the right to skip my threads , no need to continually whine is there ? .......Just shut the **** up and go to a thread you like . it isnt rocket science genius

I didn't say anything about it, you asked why he was posting in the thread and I gave you an answer. Hilarious!

Besides I followed it up with a smiley, which on the mane means its all good!!!!:~ohyah!:

Spider
08-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Junkie forgot to ad the international internet symbol ;D for sarcasm

...after all, the ;D makes everypost OK

Ha!

I should be nice to Junkies main squeeze , thank you for clearing up Junkies post ....... How is that ?

Spider
08-04-2009, 01:21 PM
I didn't say anything about it, you asked why he was posting in the thread and I gave you an answer. Hilarious!

Besides I followed it up with a smiley, which on the mane means its all good!!!!:~ohyah!:

well since you spoke once for Alec , maybe you would like to do it again ...

Spider
08-04-2009, 01:23 PM
It is ****ing hot here , my A/C is not keeping up .......

bronco militia
08-04-2009, 01:26 PM
http://static.zoovy.com/img/2bhip/-/1/192_smiley_face_with_bullet_hole_belt_buckle_1.jpg

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 01:30 PM
whats worst is a stupid thread about what I am hauling gets more action then the one I started about getting on the bone marrow registry and saving lives. If you want to show appreciation for your country without joining the military, or being a trucker, then you can put your marrow on the registry and maybe save a life.

Check out the sticky thread of it. More people care about themselves around here then anything else just like real life.

So yeah its fine to say how much you love the boys in the military but talk is cheap and worthless to them in a ditch in Iraq dodging a bomb.

So I adopt a troop, send him things like cd's, ipods, magazines, batteries, letters from my music student kids telling how great they are.

So instead of just talking so much, how about some action people!!!!!

If we like the troops so much maybe we could do an adpot a troop for the whole mane.

with all of us pitching in even just 1 dollar a week we could buy him so cool stuff and maybe make afghanistan a little more comfy for him. You would be shocked to find out how many of our boys don't have dads like Spider out hustling for his kids. They joined up because they had nothing, and the marines are there family, we can show those ones how much we care by adopting them so they get letters and care packages just like the ones whose families can't wait for them to return.

Well? how about start a thread on something like that once in awhile? It's not all about you baby!!!!!!

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 01:32 PM
lol who is whining!!!! Only you really. Making a comment isn't whining. Getting all but hurt and telling people to leave your thread.......well that is whining.

Spider
08-04-2009, 01:34 PM
lol who is whining!!!! Only you really. Making a comment isn't whining. Getting all but hurt and telling people to leave your thread.......well that is whining.

Butt hurt ......... I am going to use that one on the cb ;D

Spider
08-04-2009, 01:36 PM
whats worst is a stupid thread about what I am hauling gets more action then the one I started about getting on the bone marrow registry and saving lives. If you want to show appreciation for your country without joining the military, or being a trucker, then you can put your marrow on the registry and maybe save a life.

Check out the sticky thread of it. More people care about themselves around here then anything else just like real life.

So yeah its fine to say how much you love the boys in the military but talk is cheap and worthless to them in a ditch in Iraq dodging a bomb.

So I adopt a troop, send him things like cd's, ipods, magazines, batteries, letters from my music student kids telling how great they are.

So instead of just talking so much, how about some action people!!!!!

If we like the troops so much maybe we could do an adpot a troop for the whole mane.

with all of us pitching in even just 1 dollar a week we could buy him so cool stuff and maybe make afghanistan a little more comfy for him. You would be shocked to find out how many of our boys don't have dads like Spider out hustling for his kids. They joined up because they had nothing, and the marines are there family, we can show those ones how much we care by adopting them so they get letters and care packages just like the ones whose families can't wait for them to return.

Well? how about start a thread on something like that once in awhile? It's not all about you baby!!!!!!
well said .......

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 01:48 PM
well said .......

:thanku:

but i just say things I heard my dad say. I am unoriginal and would be a total piece of crap if it wasnt for him. I get all my good stuff from pops.

All the things you don't like about me is my original stuff, the other stuff I just copy my dad!!!!:~ohyah!:

Archer81
08-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Family friends back east actually run care package programs for the troops overseas as well as the ones that come back hurt. Its amazing how often groups like these dont get the credit for what they do.

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 02:17 PM
Family friends back east actually run care package programs for the troops overseas as well as the ones that come back hurt. Its amazing how often groups like these dont get the credit for what they do.

goes for most charities really. It's the sort of work where people tell you a lot how great it is, but then walk away and you see no change in them. They are still selfish.

Or people like me who throw money at it but probably wouldn't be giving his time like some people I know. A girl friend of mine in Mexico last weekend building homes for poor people. Umm yeah that takes some heart. Sure she is religious, and its through that church that many of you feel does no good, but she is there nonetheless.

We can all do better, and have to do better, if the country is going to be what we want it to. Look at all the broke govts we have. They can't fix everything. At some point Americans have to get back to the frontier spirit where we didn't count on the govt for everything.

Govts let us down, but the people can not be stopped.

Orangemane should adpot a troop. It would be a good thing for the site.

Archer81
08-04-2009, 02:22 PM
goes for most charities really. It's the sort of work where people tell you a lot how great it is, but then walk away and you see no change in them. They are still selfish.

Or people like me who throw money at it but probably wouldn't be giving his time like some people I know. A girl friend of mine in Mexico last weekend building homes for poor people. Umm yeah that takes some heart. Sure she is religious, and its through that church that many of you feel does no good, but she is there nonetheless.

We can all do better, and have to do better, if the country is going to be what we want it to. Look at all the broke govts we have. They can't fix everything. At some point Americans have to get back to the frontier spirit where we didn't count on the govt for everything.

Govts let us down, but the people can not be stopped.

Orangemane should adpot a troop. It would be a good thing for the site.

Agreed. Whats funny is the guys overseas dont want the Ipod or anything expensive. They want magazines and books and letters and a 6 pack of soda. They probably want a beer, too, but we cant send that to iraq or afghanistan. I can email my friends and see if there is anything we can send or do and I can get the contact info for anyone who wants to do something.

Blueflame
08-04-2009, 02:22 PM

Did you get a date?

Talk about a study in frustration; doomed to failure before it even begins (the effort... or even a desire... to control what topics other posters choose to start threads about). Odds of success are far higher when one worries about one's own posts and lets others mind theirs....

We'll be back in on-season mode again soon and then the main forum can go back to football-only.

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Agreed. Whats funny is the guys overseas dont want the Ipod or anything expensive. They want magazines and books and letters and a 6 pack of soda. They probably want a beer, too, but we cant send that to iraq or afghanistan. I can email my friends and see if there is anything we can send or do and I can get the contact info for anyone who wants to do something.

They like hard candy so I send a ton of that. But the biggest hit is the baby wipes. So I send them everytime.

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Talk about a study in frustration; doomed to failure before it even begins (the effort... or even a desire... to control what topics other posters choose to start threads about). Odds of success are far higher when one worries about one's own posts and lets others mind theirs....

We'll be back in on-season mode again soon and then the main forum can go back to football-only.

Meh that's not even the point. The point is to have some fun with Spider. I have never once advocated the censorship of anything on the forum, that's your thing right? Spider knows I'm just yanking his chain just like he yanks mine.

By the way I don't worry about my posts too much either.......Can't ya tell?

cutthemdown
08-04-2009, 08:29 PM
My post was so funny and irreverent. It mentioned having a date, chupacabra, running people over, all in the same post. How anyone could take that seriously....well I don't know but me thinks some people could turn coal into diamonds.

SouthStndJunkie
08-04-2009, 08:33 PM

Spider....you still at the Petro?

When you use the restroom, don't eat the big pink mint this time.

Spider
08-04-2009, 09:02 PM

Yeah I am still at the petro , I sure do miss our snuggle time

Spider
08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
They like hard candy so I send a ton of that. But the biggest hit is the baby wipes. So I send them everytime.

;D doesnt melt ........

SouthStndJunkie
08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
Yeah I am still at the petro , I sure do miss our snuggle time

That was not me....I work the lots at Flying J's....not Petros.

Spider
08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
That was not me....I work the lots at Flying J's....not Petros.

my bad

Circle Orange
08-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Men always brag about loading up their rockets...:twokisses

Dudeskey
08-04-2009, 11:31 PM

I hear Chiefs fans use those for breath mints...

Blueflame
08-05-2009, 02:28 AM
My post was so funny and irreverent. It mentioned having a date, chupacabra, running people over, all in the same post. How anyone could take that seriously....well I don't know but me thinks some people could turn coal into diamonds.

So was mine... but if trying to herd cats is your thing, well then be my guest...

cutthemdown
08-05-2009, 04:17 AM
So was mine... but if trying to herd cats is your thing, well then be my guest...

I am a world class pussy wrangler. Bet you gotta a real tiger there sweetie!!!!!!