PDA

View Full Version : Vick in Denver speaking to the Broncos about joining the Team

SoDak Bronco
08-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Broncos owner Pat Bowlen said through a team spokesman today that Denver is not interested in signing former star quarterback Michael Vick, who has been reinstated to the NFL after serving a sentence for his role in a dog fighting operation.

According to a news release from Clear Channel radio, former Broncos linebacker Bill Romanowski said on a local radio show this morning that he had spoken with Bowlen, who confirmed to Romanowski that Vick was in Denver speaking to the Broncos about joining the team.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels has said repeatedly the team is not interested in signing Vick.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12983342

SoDak Bronco
08-03-2009, 12:02 PM
haha, sorry for the thread title :)

Northman
08-03-2009, 12:02 PM
http://stateoftheline.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/vick.jpg

DenverBrit
08-03-2009, 12:03 PM
Strange story. Roids vs Bourbon.

TheReverend
08-03-2009, 12:06 PM
lol epic

Rock Chalk
08-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I will fully jpm off the bandwagon if we sign Vick.

521 1N5
08-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I'm confused. What?

Gcver2ver3
08-03-2009, 12:13 PM
i don't recall McD ruling out Vick..

personally i'd be all for this...

as a back up of course...

broncofan2438
08-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh the offseason!

I also dont recall McD rulling him out, its always a possibility

CoopDawg
08-03-2009, 12:16 PM
This would be a shocking end to the most turbulent offseason in a long time.

SonOfLe-loLang
i dont mind it so much, obviously he'd be brought in as a change of pace guy, not as the starting QB...i assume they'd move him around the field, run the wildcat..etc. Obviously what he did was deplorable, but he paid the debt society gave to him and pretty much lost all his money in the process. That will humble a man.

underrated29
I would be sooooo pissed if we ran jay off for vick!

But it will never happen as Vick does not fit our scheme in any manner. Our new scheme relys on precision passing and smart plays. Pocket presence and reads.

Vick is the opposite of all those. He has a cannon for an arm, he is fast as ****. But he is innacurate all the time, has little pocket presence, he would rather break contain and run, and his ability to read different looks on defense and what not is imo not very good.

I like the guy, and do want to see him back in the nfl. But not for us. he does not fit our scheme.

broncofan7
08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Haha! In an offseason full of tragedy, this would have been the one to top them all...........

Punisher
anything to help the team.....

Bizzle
I wonder what Eddie Royal's thoughts are to acquiring Vick??

Obviously its a big gamble and risk, but really what do we have to lose at this point?

Punisher
08-03-2009, 12:18 PM

But it will never happen as Vick does not fit our scheme in any manner. Our new scheme relys on precision passing and smart plays. Pocket presence and reads.

Vick is the opposite of all those. He has a cannon for an arm, he is fast as ****. But he is innacurate all the time, has little pocket presence, he would rather break contain and run, and his ability to read different looks on defense and what not is imo not very good.

I like the guy, and do want to see him back in the nfl. But not for us. he does not fit our scheme.

If we sign him i don't think he'll be a QB maybe a RB or WR and Punt returner

lex
08-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I wonder what Eddie Royal's thoughts are to acquiring Vick??

Obviously its a big gamble and risk, but really what do we have to lose at this point?

If its a big gamble and risk, wouldnt we have a lot to lose by definition?

Northman
08-03-2009, 12:19 PM
I say we get Ryan Leaf.

lex
08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
They should have home play dog feces catcher.

broncofan7
08-03-2009, 12:20 PM
I say we get Ryan Leaf.

Tommy-"gun" Maddox.

supermanhr9
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
I would be so confused if this happenned, only because I used to love him,,, now I hate him, but see I used to love him, but now I hate him.

I guess what it would boil down to, could he help us or couldn't he? But I hate him,,,, but I used to think he was the most electrifying player in the NFL,,, now I think he just likes to electrify dogs..

So confused.

Bizzle
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
If its a big gamble and risk, wouldnt we have a lot to lose by definition?

Touché, but I think you got my point

Dagmar
08-03-2009, 12:28 PM
I would be absolutely enraged if this happens. Michael Vick is not a way to reach the Superbowl.

Man-Goblin
08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
My father told me once that circus never stops; it just picks up more freaks along the way.

Los Broncos
08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
This would be icing on the cake...

Dagmar
08-03-2009, 12:32 PM
"Pat Bowlen categorically denies meeting, or having a conversation with Michael Vick," said Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/bowlen-denies-conversation-with-vick/

The MVPlaya
08-03-2009, 12:33 PM
Honestly, what do we have to lose?

He served his time and maybe he's got something to prove now.

He's got a strong arm + he's more mobile than any QB we have... just not as accurate.

He doesn't seem like the "McDaniels" esque QB since he's only 6 feet... who knows tho.

MagicHef
08-03-2009, 12:34 PM

If they brought him in, I don't think he would be the QB. At least not the starting QB.

lex
08-03-2009, 12:35 PM
Honestly, what do we have to lose?

He served his time and maybe he's got something to prove now.

He's got a strong arm + he's more mobile than any QB we have... just not as accurate.

He doesn't seem like the "McDaniels" esque QB since he's only 6 feet... who knows tho.

The more relevant question would be what does Pat have to lose and the answer is A LOT.

Hotrod
08-03-2009, 12:35 PM
If we sign Vick you can retire my account here until he is released or killed in a horrible dog attack accident.

I'd have to find something to do with my Sundays this winter.

NFLBRONCO
08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
I doubt they bring him in because of the circus it would cause. I do think though Denver could use another weapon in the O we lack speed. I must say I'd like to see this regime not be afraid to sign anybody ie Vick Moss types and give it a whirl.

Slade
08-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Although most people on this board think that signing Vick would be awful, I 100% disagree.

Signing Vick would be genious. There is very little risk and a huge reward for doing so. All we would need to do is sign the guy for the minimum, give him a roster spot, he doesn't even have to be active on gameday. Let him use our resources to get back in game shape. And them trade him! You would have a guy who is 29 with fresh legs and could potentially get a #1 pick for him.

The repercussions for signing him would be messing things up with your sponsors, however Invesco is a near failed MF company and in no way would they create issues.

Do it! This guy would never even have to play a down for us and we could get a #1 for him. Never in NFL history has their been an opportunity like this!

Dagmar
"Pat Bowlen categorically denies meeting, or having a conversation with Michael Vick," said Broncos spokesman Jim Saccomano.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/03/bowlen-denies-conversation-with-vick/

The MVPlaya
The more relevant question would be what does Pat have to lose and the answer is A LOT.

I'm talking from a team perspective. Not from fans going haywire.

It's not like he'd be taking over Orton's job - we don't run that favorites bull**** around here no more. If Vick performs well then he deserves to play. We wouldn't have to pay much for Vick anyways... this guy served his time... you guys swear like he's going to go out and fight dogs again after what happened.

I honestly don't think he would fit just because he's not known to be accurate and he is short. But at the end of the day - what he did with Cassell leads me to believe that he knows what he is doing as a coach.

Competition will be better for the team anyways...

Slade

Like what? Vick doesn't even have to be active!!!

underrated29
08-03-2009, 12:41 PM
If they brought him in, I don't think he would be the QB. At least not the starting QB.

Thing is though is that is what vick wants to do. I do not think he would play at another position. He obviously would not want top dollar.

But we could just as well sign his stupid little brother who tried to do the same thing. Play QB- and move to WR/RB.

Obviously, mike could also serve as an emergency QB which is nice. Still- i dont like it. not for our offense. Remember we also had a quick little RB named anthony alridge who Mcd let loose. He is faster than vick. just sayin.:approve:

SoDak Bronco
08-03-2009, 12:42 PM

Romo thinks he is a "gutless" liar

lex
08-03-2009, 12:43 PM
I doubt they bring him in because of the circus it would cause. I do think though Denver could use another weapon in the O we lack speed. I must say I'd like to see this regime not be afraid to sign anybody ie Vick Moss Travis Henry types and give it a whirl.

fixed.

Miss I.
08-03-2009, 12:43 PM
If we sign Vick you can retire my account here until he is released or killed in a horrible dog attack accident.

I'd have to find something to do with my Sundays this winter.

Far be it from me to agree with Hotrod, but hiring Vick would be a mistake. I understand he served his time, but while he may not be killing dogs anymore, he still seems to get caught up doing stupid stuff off field (drugs, etc). And even if he were say, the greatest running back to put on a uniform, who he is off the field will impact who he is on the field. And maybe he did his time, but how many guys with felony convictions get to go back to their prior jobs? I mean those white collar criminals who embezzle don't go back to being an accountant (or they shouldn't). Granted, Vick didn't do anything illegal related to football, but the guy's a dirtbag and we've had enough dirtbags on our team in recent years and those guys didn't even do a prison sentence (It really isn't a crime to beat women right? Ask OJ) though often they ended up on the Raiders, which is a higher paid version of that.

It's just a mistake all around and we have made enough mistakes regarding QBs this off season.

Beantown Bronco
08-03-2009, 12:49 PM

Last time I checked, he said the same about meeting with Cutler immediately after the Shanny firing. We all know that story.

NFLBRONCO
08-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Denver WON'T want the circus esp after this offseason.

supermanhr9
If the team is denying it, I'm gonna say they did have a talk, and Pat said, F**& you dog killer.

However I must say, I fully support any player that puts on a broncos jersey or coaches us, I'm lame like that. I hated Cutler, but I suported him, I'd do the same for Vick. I knew Shanny was killing us, but I argued against that.

Bottom line, you just have to put on the jersey and I'd put aside the differences I had about the player.

Sassy
Nooooooo.................what is happening to our favorite team...............:(
We ARE NOT the Oakland Raiders...

The MVPlaya
08-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Far be it from me to agree with Hotrod, but hiring Vick would be a mistake. I understand he served his time, but while he may not be killing dogs anymore, he still seems to get caught up doing stupid stuff off field (drugs, etc). And even if he were say, the greatest running back to put on a uniform, who he is off the field will impact who he is on the field. And maybe he did his time, but how many guys with felony convictions get to go back to their prior jobs? I mean those white collar criminals who embezzle don't go back to being an accountant (or they shouldn't). Granted, Vick didn't do anything illegal related to football, but the guy's a dirtbag and we've had enough dirtbags on our team in recent years and those guys didn't even do a prison sentence (It really isn't a crime to beat women right? Ask OJ) though often they ended up on the Raiders, which is a higher paid version of that.

It's just a mistake all around and we have made enough mistakes regarding QBs this off season.

If you want to talk about white collared criminals please look @ wall street and realize how crooked it is.

But seriously - what makes you think he will go back and do the same? With drugs, etc... ?

Have you guys already forgotten that Tony Dungy is keeping a close eye on him? For Dungy to go out of his way to go visit him in prison and keep close contact with him means that Dungy understands that Vick is a special player.

It's a low risk/high reward situation.

BroncoInferno
08-03-2009, 01:00 PM
I have always been a harsh critic of Vick as a pure QB, but I highly doubt we would bring him in to be the starting QB. If he can still run, he would be EXTREMELY dangerous as a Wildcat/utility player. I'd have no problem with bringing him in if that's the role in mind.

521 1N5
08-03-2009, 01:00 PM

lol. You should do it again, nobody is listening. Who knows what to believe anymore-

BroncoInferno
08-03-2009, 01:04 PM

Not really. If you think fans are going to boycott games in masse you're naive. Some might, but there will be plenty of people in line to take their place. Most likely, whatever contract Vick signs with whatever team will not contain much up front money and include provisions to protect the team. It would be pretty low risk with high reward. Vick as a Wildcat/utility player would be very dangerous if he still has his speed/athleticism.

BroncoInferno
08-03-2009, 01:05 PM
In any case, Bowlen has denied this so we'll see how it plays out. I doubt we bring him in at the end of day.

oubronco
08-03-2009, 01:07 PM
http://stateoftheline.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/vick.jpg

sick em boy Hilarious!

lex
08-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Not really. If you think fans are going to boycott games in masse you're naive. Some might, but there will be plenty of people in line to take their place. Most likely, whatever contract Vick signs with whatever team will not contain much up front money and include provisions to protect the team. It would be pretty low risk with high reward. Vick as a Wildcat/utility player would be very dangerous if he still has his speed/athleticism.

Theres merchandise sales, potentially boycotting sponsors, and the ugly scenes outside the stadium. Not only that but just because there is a long waiting list, that doesnt mean its a good idea to piss off those who do have season tickets.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-03-2009, 01:13 PM
So, if Vick ends up signing with Denver, can we call out Saccomano?

Dagmar
08-03-2009, 01:25 PM
lol. You should do it again, nobody is listening. Who knows what to believe anymore-

Next time it's in bold.

Seriously, change the thread title a little to include the denial, the server is getting ass raped.

Denverr1
08-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Wow!!!!! I posted this 2 days ago and everyone here !!!!!!

I asked if anyone herd this about the talks and everyone a rude dumb jokes about it like i was crazy!!!!

Well i guess you all feel dumb now!!!!!! Lol

rastaman
08-03-2009, 07:32 PM

Ummmmm.....correction Cutler was ran off for Orton!!!ROFL!

Northman
08-03-2009, 07:33 PM

I asked if anyone herd this about the talks and everyone a rude dumb jokes about it like i was crazy!!!!

Emmm, no. Hilarious!

rastaman
08-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Vick will demand to wear # 7!!! LOL

Northman
08-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Vick will demand to wear # 7!!! LOL

He would be sorely disappointed. But, we could set him up with a shiny #14, #6, or #16. ^5

Tombstone RJ
08-03-2009, 07:35 PM
Fuggit.

I'll be the first poster to love the Vick signing with the Broncos. Dude's just to much of a threat with the ball in his hands than other player in the league.

PS. I'm really high....

kdissette
08-03-2009, 08:14 PM
i will say i would be more comfortable with him as a back up than simms or brandstater

footstepsfrom#27
08-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Why would Vick want to come here? NE is the most likely spot for him.

Garcia Bronco
08-03-2009, 08:24 PM
Why would Vick want to come here? NE is the most likely spot for him.

I wouldn't be suprised at all. Good call.

NUB
08-03-2009, 08:29 PM
Organization would lose a lot of face in signing Vick, IMO.

The transition into sucktitude would be complete, though.

Broncos_OTM
08-03-2009, 11:17 PM
i will fully jpm off the bandwagon if we sign vick.

+1

Broncos_OTM
08-03-2009, 11:21 PM
if we sign vick you can retire my account here until he is released or killed in a horrible dog attack accident.

I'd have to find something to do with my sundays this winter.

+1

Hulamau
08-03-2009, 11:41 PM

Correction, Jay ran himself off.....

Swedish Extrovert
08-03-2009, 11:59 PM
Vick is a problem as a human and is also a horrible fit for McD's system.

bcbronc
08-04-2009, 12:26 AM
I'd be willing to take a chance on the guy. he could be effective getting 3-5 snaps per game that take advantage of his dual run/throw-the-ball-really-far-down-the-field threat.

Jerry Curl
08-04-2009, 01:55 AM
Does anyone believe Romo?

But if he came in and won say 9 games then would people complain?

chrisp
08-04-2009, 02:03 AM
OK, I accept that previous denials - although Bowlen's denial was perhaps more emphatic than any previous - have proved false so we have to take with a pinch of salt, but there are a number fo reasons why its reasonable to believe this story is BS, beyond just the denial itself:

1) Josh McDaniels seems to have a high regard for Kyle Orton and seems to really believe in him as his starting QB
2) Many posters have pointed out that whatever you think of Vick his style is virtually the antithesis of what McD wants. McD wants a savvy QB who will stay within the gameplan and execute the system - not a freewheeling scramble-happy QB who will take off in a heartbeat rather than go through progressions
3) There has been substantial distraction and upheaval this offseason. the front office would have to believe that Vick is the second coming of Elway to want to take on the circus that his signing would entail...
4) the rumour comes from Bill Romanowski fer chissakes!!!!!! I loved him when he played for us, but he's been nothing but an idiot and a douchebag since he left. Suddenly he's plugged into the rumour-mill? Lets wait untill a more credible source repeats this shall we?

So please, speculate away but don't give these rumours too much credence - people are accepting this at face value - I know trust in the FO has been undermined to a certain extent, but even so....

watermock
08-04-2009, 02:12 AM
Th Circus never ends at Dove Valley.

Lev Vyvanse
08-04-2009, 06:45 AM
OK, I accept that previous denials - although Bowlen's denial was perhaps more emphatic than any previous - have proved false so we have to take with a pinch of salt, but there are a number fo reasons why its reasonable to believe this story is BS, beyond just the denial itself:

1) Josh McDaniels seems to have a high regard for Kyle Orton and seems to really believe in him as his starting QB
2) Many posters have pointed out that whatever you think of Vick his style is virtually the antithesis of what McD wants. McD wants a savvy QB who will stay within the gameplan and execute the system - not a freewheeling scramble-happy QB who will take off in a heartbeat rather than go through progressions
3) There has been substantial distraction and upheaval this offseason. the front office would have to believe that Vick is the second coming of Elway to want to take on the circus that his signing would entail...
4) the rumour comes from Bill Romanowski fer chissakes!!!!!! I loved him when he played for us, but he's been nothing but an idiot and a douchebag since he left. Suddenly he's plugged into the rumour-mill? Lets wait untill a more credible source repeats this shall we?

So please, speculate away but don't give these rumours too much credence - people are accepting this at face value - I know trust in the FO has been undermined to a certain extent, but even so....

All that and Vick was in VA yesterday throwing to high school kids. So yeah Romo is full of ****.

DenverBrit
08-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Romo got his wish. Three pages on the Mane.

Hotrod
08-04-2009, 07:41 AM

LOL post of the ****ing offseason right ****ing there ROFL!:spit::notworthy:spit:Ha!ROFL!

Paladin
08-04-2009, 08:02 AM
Actually, if he still has his speed and "shiftines", I could see him as a WR........

Broncos_OTM
08-04-2009, 08:09 AM
no no to the POS

Mountain Bronco
08-04-2009, 08:15 AM
Why does everyone assume he has to be a first string QB to help the team. Desing about 10-15 plays that utilize his strenghts, do some wildcat and line him up as a reciever. They guy is an amazing athlete that could help this team, not necessarily as the first sting QB.

He has paid his debt to society so i have no problem with him becoming a Bronco. I doubt it will happen though.

Beantown Bronco
08-04-2009, 08:32 AM
WAS an "amazing" athlete.....in some people's opinions.

Two years later, he is no longer anywhere close to the fastest guy on the field, which is really the only reason he held a job pre-prison. Today, he's probably significantly slower and even worse throwing the ball than he was pre-prison, which is saying quite a bit.

Some folks have an inflated idea of what he could be today. Sure, he's saved himself two seasons of wear and tear, but he's also gotten two years older and two years removed from the last time he really worked on his game and received any coaching whatsoever. It's not like he's going to pick up right where he left off. This season, he'd have to rely on raw skills alone, and I truly believe those aren't anywhere near where they used to be. And the competition has gotten both younger and faster. Not a lot is working in his favor right now.

broncofan7
08-04-2009, 09:03 AM
If we signed Vick--I would not feed my pitbull for one month prior to fanfare next year, I'd bring Lady and a bottle of A1 with me and then ask Vick to autograph Lady's collar--as soon as he started to sign--I'd squirt his gangster A$$ with the A1 and have lady go to town........WOOF! WOOF!

bowtown
08-04-2009, 09:04 AM
I think we need to continue talking about this until Bowlen categorically denies it.

DarkHorse
08-04-2009, 09:25 AM
Unless he could single handidly win us 3 or more games, why sign him?

He did his time in my opinion - he didn't walk away scott free after all. There are worse people, in higher positions, roaming the streets of this country that are near untouchable so Michael Vick is low on my 'don't care for' list.

Spider
08-04-2009, 09:30 AM
I wouldnt mind seeing Vick here , He paid his debt to society .............

GreatBronco16
08-04-2009, 09:33 AM
Can you say punt return specialist.

TailgateNut
08-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Can you say punt return specialist.

Did you say Waterboy?

bowtown
08-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Vick paying his debt to society and Vick turning our already joke of a media circus into a full blown comedy festival are two very differnt things. I don't care whether he can still play or not, I don't want him anywhere near Woody's sensationalism and Kizla's sandy vagina. I'd prefer everyone would just get back to forgetting that the Broncos even exist for a couple months, so that we can get back to sneaking up on people and winning some football games.

crowebomber
08-04-2009, 11:23 AM
Vick paying his debt to society and Vick turning our already joke of a media circus into a full blown comedy festival are two very differnt things. I don't care whether he can still play or not, I don't want him anywhere near Woody's sensationalism and Kizla's sandy vagina. I'd prefer everyone would just get back to forgetting that the Broncos even exist for a couple months, so that we can get back to sneaking up on people and winning some football games.

Yep.

I don't know what team would be able to endure that kind of distraction. It will totally divide the fans and cause animal rights organizations to be thrust into the spotlight protesting the team. Plus, that's all any reporter will want to ask about at least through the first half of the season.

GoBroncos DownUnder
08-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I LOVE the "Vick is in town rumours" - they are almost Urban Legends by now ...

I've heard that he's "in Washington", then "in Carolina" and on the weekend he was "in Pittsburgh" ... LMAO!!

Beantown Bronco
08-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I LOVE the "Vick is in town rumours" - they are almost Urban Legends by now ...

I've heard that he's "in Washington", then "in Carolina" and on the weekend he was "in Pittsburgh" ... LMAO!!

He's following Shanny around like he's Tyler Durden.

BBB1980
08-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Vick can play anywhere but DENVER. I am a 19 year season ticket holder and will be very disappointed if this move is made. Please make this rumor go away.

Circle Orange
08-04-2009, 09:40 PM
What's comical is that John Clayton was on ESPN howling about how the phone would be "ringing off the hook". THe only thing ringing are his ears after all the empty headed hype. You couldn't get Vick for a peanut butter sandwich with pickles. And the arena league's officially folded. ROFL!

Broncobiv
08-04-2009, 09:55 PM
It would be the ultimate end to the most ridiculous offseason I've ever witnessed. Sadly, it wouldn't surprise me too much. The past 6 months have been nuts for this team.

And also, people are saying that Vick would be a terrible fit for McD's scheme. But then people say that NE could be holding a spot for him. If he doesn't fit in McD's scheme, how would he fit in NE's?? Are they really gonna be that different of a team without McDaniels?

ZONA
08-04-2009, 10:48 PM
I doubt he's coming here. NFL Network said he is going to a team East of the mississippi and they think it's either Jacksonville or Carolina. Said it's not an if but when he will sign there. Sounds like a done deal, maybe just some red tape they have to go through first.

lazarus4444
08-05-2009, 12:29 AM
Wow, if we picked up Vick i doubt this off season will be topped for drama at the mane for the next 100 years.

rastaman
08-05-2009, 09:37 AM
If we signed Vick--I would not feed my pitbull for one month prior to fanfare next year, I'd bring Lady and a bottle of A1 with me and then ask Vick to autograph Lady's collar--as soon as he started to sign--I'd squirt his gangster A$$ with the A1 and have lady go to town........WOOF! WOOF!

Maybe Vick would just taser "Lady"! You know old habits are just too hard to break sometimes.:wiggle:

rastaman
08-05-2009, 09:39 AM
Vick can play anywhere but DENVER. I am a 19 year season ticket holder and will be very disappointed if this move is made. Please make this rumor go away.

Let me know if you are willing to sell your tickets!

Arkie
08-05-2009, 10:07 AM
He’s gonna face all kinds of picket signs, dog killer and “you suck” chants, middle fingers, burnt 7 jerseys and assassination threats from animal rights fanatics. I'll pass on that circus regardless of his talent or "debt paid to society."

GoBroncos DownUnder
08-05-2009, 10:37 AM
He’s gonna face all kinds of picket signs, dog killer and “you suck” chants, middle fingers, burnt 7 jerseys and assassination threats from animal rights fanatics. ..."

Or worse yet, he could sign with any of the following teams:
Detroit, Tennessee, Minnesota, Cincinnati, Green Bay, Baltimore, San Diego, Pittsburgh, Oakland, Jacksonville ... and of course Cleveland!
They all play AT the DAWG POUND this year!8') I think I'd try to go, if that was the case, just to see the "show".

Dutch
08-05-2009, 10:39 AM
I live in Atlanta and watched him the whole time he played here. He is done, I think. Don't think he is any faster than he was, and has been away from the game long enough that I don't think he can get "it" back. Look how well the Falcons did the year after losing him. Matty "Ice" Ryan has turned out to be a steal for the Falcons, but it also highlights that they may have been much better just by getting Vic out of the QB job and starting someone else. Not many folks missing him around here after last season, not even his biggest fans. If he comes back, I'll bet he ends up getting cut (unless the team he ends up on is super thin on talent...he doesn't play "D", so we don't need him anyway;D).