PDA

View Full Version : stallworth kills man, gets 24 days. burress carries gun, gets 1 year min..

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 12:08 PM
****ed up legal system.

Gcver2ver3
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
yea and Vick got roughly 2 yrs for killing dogs...

so to recap...

if you kill a human = 24 days

if you kill dogs = 2 yrs

if you shoot yourself = 1 yr

yea, that sounds about right...

oubronco
08-03-2009, 12:11 PM

so to recap...

if you kill dogs = 2 yrs

:spit:

boltaneer
08-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Different laws for different states vs federal laws.

Rabb
08-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Federal crimes people

Feds don't play around...they are actually doing it right, the local BS is what makes it seem wrong

521 1N5
08-03-2009, 12:14 PM
The family of the guy Stallworth killed received a huge payday and that's what kept him out of prison long term.

Gcver2ver3
08-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Federal crimes people

Feds don't play around...they are actually doing it right, the local BS is what makes it seem wrong

i don't think anyone really has a problem figuring out why the rulings came out the way they did...

it's just when you take a step back and look at the end result, it doesn't make much sense...really doesn't matter how we got there, just the fact that we got there...

Northman
08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
Yea, Vick was prosecuted for his gambling ring crossing state lines, etc. The fact he tortured and killed dogs didnt help his cause any. Stallworth killed a man while being impaired which to my knowledge has never been prosecuted as a premeditated murder case. As for Burress? Well, a year is a bit much but as already pointed out the Feds never take it easy on you.

Rabb
08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
i don't think anyone really has a problem figuring out why the rulings came out the way they did...

it's just when you take a step back and look at the end result, it doesn't make much sense...really doesn't matter how we got there, just the fact that we got there...

agree

Beantown Bronco
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
If somebody jumps in front of your car illegally while you are driving approximately 50 mph on a 3 lane state highway, would you/should you expect to do serious jail time?

Jason in LA
08-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Different violations, different states, different circumstances, but people want to compare the three?

Rabb
08-03-2009, 12:24 PM
I admit it is difficult to look at the 3 results and the sentences and have it make sense but it just shows the problem with the legal system, look at Martha Stewart...she did more time than Stallworth and it was ultimately for lying

worm
08-03-2009, 12:26 PM
If somebody jumps in front of your car illegally while you are driving approximately 50 mph on a 3 lane state highway, would you/should you expect to do serious jail time?

If you are drunk.

Beantown Bronco
08-03-2009, 12:27 PM
If you are drunk.

Which is why you only drink and drive in Florida. Doesn't everyone know this? :wiggle:

CoopDawg
08-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Burress took an unregistered gun into Manhattan, and whether we agree with their laws or not it is a minimum one year in prison. Stallworth got off way to easy, anyone know how big the payoff to the victim's family was?

mr007
08-03-2009, 12:31 PM
In the Stallworth situation, the dude jumped out in front of his car outside of a crosswalk..... I know he was drinking, but honestly the guy basically commited suicide.

Jason in LA
08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Stallworth could have beat the charges, that's why he got such a sweet deal.

lex
08-03-2009, 01:38 PM

so to recap...

if you kill dogs = 2 yrs

Vick did the bulk of his time fore the interstate commerce aspect of what he did. He really hasnt done squat for killing dogs.

Also, didnt the victims family agree to the sentence in the Stallworth case? Plus, its a question whether the Stallworth or the victim caused the accident.

lex
08-03-2009, 01:40 PM
I admit it is difficult to look at the 3 results and the sentences and have it make sense but it just shows the problem with the legal system, look at Martha Stewart...she did more time than Stallworth and it was ultimately for lying

Im not going to say the legal system isnt screwed up but it really helps when you know what youre talking about.

azbroncfan
08-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I admit it is difficult to look at the 3 results and the sentences and have it make sense but it just shows the problem with the legal system, look at Martha Stewart...she did more time than Stallworth and it was ultimately for lying Are you serious that you think Martha Stewart gladly agreed to do 5 months for just lying? Have you ever researched what she did? Stallworth probably wouldn't of done anytime if he wasn't drunk. The guy he hit wasn't in a crosswalk and was breaking a law himself. Burress knew what he was doing and knew what the consequences would be for carrying a gun into a nightclub. You can see why that is a bad idea and brings in the potential of a large sum of casualties. As mentioned before it the different circumstances, states and prosecutors.

Pontius Pirate
08-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Man, this whole thread is racist. Notice how all the font is BLACK. Man, that is some racist ****. Let's see you all post replies to this thread in WHITE font, huh? Yeah, that's what I thought.

MOCRUSH
08-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Man, this whole thread is racist. Notice how all the font is BLACK. Man, that is some racist ****. Let's see you all post replies to this thread in WHITE font, huh? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Bigdawg26
08-03-2009, 02:48 PM
You also forgot Vick SPONSORS his cousins which leads a dog fighting ring and he gets 2 years, loses his money, and suddenly he goes from a 2 or 3 time pro bowl quarterback under 30 to a freaking Wildcat QB at best. But Donte Stallworth gets drunk and kills a human being and gets 24 days and doesn't even lose his spot on the team. Or Big Ben rapes a girl and not a word and he still pisses excellence. Funny how that works huh?

Pontius Pirate
08-03-2009, 02:51 PM
You also forgot Vick SPONSORS his cousins which leads a dog fighting ring and he gets 2 years, loses his money, and suddenly he goes from a 2 or 3 time pro bowl quarterback under 30 to a freaking Wildcat QB at best. But Donte Stallworth gets drunk and kills a human being and gets 24 days and doesn't even lose his spot on the team. Or Big Ben rapes a girl and not a word and he still pisses excellence. Funny how that works huh?

Dogs > one's own leg > Random dudes crossing the street > chicks

Northman
08-03-2009, 03:00 PM

1. Stallworth to my knowledge has been banned from the NFL indefinitely.

2. Has Big Ben been found guilty yet of raping this girl?

Rother8
08-03-2009, 03:53 PM

so to recap...

if you kill dogs = 2 yrs

true, but you have to look more into it. Burress could have probably gotten less time and have more long term issues. Stallworth only got 24 days but he can never drive again and is on some ridiculous amount of probation. So maybe Vick and burress just got it over with now.

UberBroncoMan
08-03-2009, 05:15 PM

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... I notice a lot of blue too. There be some smurf hatin mother ****ers up in this joint boooooooooooi.

Northman
08-03-2009, 05:18 PM
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... I notice a lot of blue too. There be some smurf hatin mother ****ers up in this joint boooooooooooi.

Nah, just the balding man in black and his black panther Azrael. :rofl:

OABB
08-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Buress should get the worst of it imo...if you are stupid enough to shoot yourself in the leg, you should be locked up for a long time just to protect others. Driving drunk is no biggie as I do it daily, and the dog fighting ring thing is natural.. that's what they are bred for anyways. and if they lose their will to fight, they are as useful as a racehorse with a broken leg....it's lock and load time.

mizzoutigers
08-03-2009, 05:55 PM
it's all about the money, stallworth reached an agreement with the family.