PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Maners I am So Sorry

Pages : [1] 2

theAPAOps5
08-02-2009, 05:48 PM
In one fleeting moment I ruined what was a big step for the Orange Mane. On Friday I posted one of my pictures of Pat Bowlen. In the Caption I wrote the Myth, the Man, the Gutless. As I try to write my reports with the orange mane in mind I used what had become a friendly joke by many here after the meltdown resulting from the firing of Mike Shanahan.

We were informed today that the Broncos organization was not happy with that caption and that our press privledges for the remainder of camp have been suspended.

I have been a big supporting voice of Bowlen and it sickens me that something I wrote has ruined what was a great thing for this site. I am absolutely humiliated and disgusted that something like this came of that report.

I apologize to all of you and specifically to Taco, Kaylore, SoCalBronco, and the others who had been given the opportunity to report. My intentions were never ill will and I just can't believe I caused this to happen.

In light of that and in hopes of possibly the Broncos considering the Orange Mane in the future for press access have asked Taco to delete my account. I won't be posting anymore as I am too embarrassed and disgusted with myself.

I appreciate all of you even the ones I had heated arguments with as the passion and knowledge of this site is unequal to any others. I am so sorry that something I did caused such a horrible result.

If you want email me at nscott24@msn.com if you would like to chat. I hope that my actions haven't cause a permanent camp banning and hope this site continues to grow and evolve into even better things. Thank you all for your conversation and friendship its been a great few years.

Regards,
Nick aka ApaOps5

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Can we contact someone with Broncos media people to perhaps get the OM reinstated?

Taco John
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Nick, take it easy - there's no reason to beat yourself up too much over this.

I know that this is a blow, but I promise you that something good will come of this, whether it happens now or it happens years from now. I'm taking the long view on this, and didn't expect that the Mane's road to legitimacy wasn't going to come without any bumps in the road.

This is not the end of our coverage. This is not the end of my dreams for the site. It's just a road bump that put a serious bruise on our butt. That bruise will heal, and we'll come out better for it.

Take a break, buddy, and when you're ready to come back, your account and friends will all still be here waiting for you.

oubronco
08-02-2009, 05:54 PM
WTF dude don't let something like that run you off everybody makes mistakes we forgive you

2KBack
08-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Dude, that sucks, but not a reason to go into hiding. Despite any repercussions, you didn't do anything with malicious intent, and that goes pretty far with me.

You made the mistake, owned up, and apologized. Banishment is overkill. I'd hate to lose a quality contributor.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Can we contact someone with Broncos media people to perhaps get the OM reinstated?

We've done everything we can. Nick is no longer part of our training camp coverage team, and I've personally apologized to the Broncos over the incident letting them know that we've taken steps to correct the issue, that we still love the Broncos, and will continue to do our thing as best we can. It may be that this is a one and done thing for the Broncos. Let's hope not, and that they'll recognize that we've taken steps to correct the issue, and we can view this as a bump in the road to put behind us.

theAPAOps5
08-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Which is why I have asked Taco to erase my account. Its permanent and final and may go a long ways with the Broncos PR department.

Stuck In Texas
08-02-2009, 05:57 PM
Does this mean that anytime something is written that the Broncos don't like they're going to suspend press privileges? If so, that's a pretty troubling thing.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Darn. Don't be to hard on yourself Nick. Sounds to me like it was an error in judgement and you are taking it a little too hard. If the Broncos were to review your posts they would see you are very pro Bowlen and McD. Don't be too hard on yourself.

McDman
08-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Sounds like Fascism to me! I call shenanigans.

SpiritGuy
08-02-2009, 06:04 PM
Does this mean that anytime something is written that the Broncos don't like they're going to suspend press privileges? If so, that's a pretty troubling thing.

that's what I was wondering. It seems pretty thin skinned.

DenverBrit
08-02-2009, 06:04 PM
As Taco suggests, don't beat yourself up over it, the Mane is teaming with irreverent comments about Bowlen and McD....many of which are sarcasm aimed at other posters. As was yours.

Stick around.

tsiguy96
08-02-2009, 06:06 PM

i agree. i hope the broncos see that this is a fan site where hundreds of fans have detailed conversations on the team, and to no avail to us either, we have zero control or effect on the team yet spend hundreds of hours a year discussing the team, i would hope the team sees that and realizes how big of fans the people on this message board really are.

Popcorn Sutton
08-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Nick, take it easy man. It could have happened to any of us.

TheReverend
08-02-2009, 06:08 PM
From what I've read, the fan sections have had better views so far this camp, anyways. The press conferences with the media after practice we can read through the team site, and other existing media outlets.

Honestly, the hilarity that the Broncos saw Bowlen referred to as "gutless" and are having this kind of reaction is well worth it, imo.

DivineBronco
08-02-2009, 06:08 PM
the organization looks awful making this move.....makes me sad

TheReverend
08-02-2009, 06:09 PM
Who's the ****head, weasel, lurker PR bitch who can't take something in context?

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 06:09 PM
What? I must have missed all that. Dang, Apa, you must have pissed some people off. Not in a malicious intent, I surmise. I hope all this blows over, tempest in a teacup kind of thing . . . . . .

eddie mac
08-02-2009, 06:10 PM
Which is why I have asked Taco to erase my account. Its permanent and final and may go a long ways with the Broncos PR department.

To be honest I'd rather you stuck around mate, otherwise who am I gonna hammer in this years fantasy football final.:rofl:

In all seriousness though Apa, you're beating yourself up far too much there. There's no way you could've forseen the Broncos interpretation of your post and as Oskie says there's a queue of hundreds of posters on this site who've had far worse to say about our brass over the past few months.

Hang in there fella.

Paladin
08-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Some of the vitrolic name-calling and efforts to be "clever" had been over the top lately. When that gets out of hand, this ceases to be a site dedicated to dsicussions about the Broncos. Instead it becomes a site whereon people vie to use the more vile names in an effort to be "funny". Doesn't work well. Well, we may get the reports from the other sites, now.

Clever and smutty never work well together.

So long, Nick. Hope to see you on one of the other sites........

Ratboy
08-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Who cares? It's a joke anyways.

This shows what kind of organization the Broncos are now running. If Denver Post publishes an article that is harsh on Pat Bowlen, does that mean DP will be suspended from press conferences?

Whatever, who cares.

ND Bronco Fan
08-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Big deal, the camp reports were great before you guys had press access anyways. You will get a better view from the normal fan section anyways.......go back to your roots.

Grover
08-02-2009, 06:13 PM
ApaOps5 -

I've enjoyed you insight and am troubled by these events. I think the Broncos overreacted. But I guess that there is a difference between the standards of professional journalists and amateur blogs. I'm sure it was more like you were posting to "friends" and using an inside joke - which backfired when you look at the duties and responsibilities of the profession of journalism.

I wish you absolutely the best. I know you're hurt and embarrassed, but it will pass an you will have learned something from it.

I know we haven't communicated directly together and I "know" you just from your posts - but let me say, be well my friend.

Paladin
08-02-2009, 06:14 PM

This shows what kind of organization the Broncos are now running. If Denver Post publishes an article that is harsh on Pat Bowlen, does that mean DP will be suspended from press conferences?

Whatever, who cares.

There are ways to offer criticism without being vile or juvenile about it.....

rugbythug
08-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Should we Flog Him Now or Flog Him later?

If the Broncos are so thin skinned why oh why is Woody still welcome? Lets get this straight Broncos. This is the New Media, The OM is a giant Beacon to Broncos Fans Everywhere. We are not a bunch of computer geeks clustered in KC Basements. (That is Chiefs Planet)

illbroncsfn
08-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Not the end of the world APA- hang in there and know that we all make mistakes and as a valued member of the Mane you should not cut and run as that benefits no one in the end...

underrated29
08-02-2009, 06:17 PM
thats pretty weak.

APA- hey man its not like we still cant show up to camp and provide the reports.

The Maners here give the best TC reports in the nation. Denverpost, casserly, the fan, none can get what we got. And if 1k+ people show up for every TC then you can be sure that the number of people who get online to read it are more. I think it they will allow you guys to get back in it.

I am only on 3 sites now. But every single one of them creams their pants looking for these TC reports.

Bob's your Information Minister
08-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Don't feel bad.

The NFL is petty and ridiculous.

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 06:20 PM

Whatever, who cares.

Inquiring minds want to know if they also revoked ESPN's press passes because of what was said about the D-line... if not, then there's a double standard at work here.... just sayin'.

elsid13
08-02-2009, 06:21 PM
First of all, stop kicking yourself. There is no reason to get upset about the uptight nature of the PR department. IF they want to act like Danny Snyder ~ screw them. Overreacting like that, causes people to question if there is fire along with that smoke.

The mane remain one of the best place on the web to talk about the Denver Broncos and the PR department should understand what that means when you have highly turbulent off season.

lex
08-02-2009, 06:22 PM
the organization looks awful making this move.....makes me sad

This...some might even say "gutless".

ghwk
08-02-2009, 06:22 PM
I also say you shouldn't leave. People have to make mistakes to learn and you don't always know the edges of the boundary until you've crossed them sometimes. The Bronco organization should recognize that as well. Actually if they had any cajones at all they'd treat it as a learning on behalf of the organization and the mane. My guess is they don't always know what's over the edge and in this case you helped them define it.

You are no different than the rest of us, live, learn, and don't make a habit of making the same mistakes over an over again. Geez if Kizla still gets to cover the team after all the horrible stuff he's written over the years there should at least be a handshake moment between you and the org. that allows you to continue as a better reporter.

Someone pass that on to the Bronco PR department. They need to man up as well.

In the end if you withdraw from the Mane then we all lose, and that becomes a selfish act on your part. So please, stay, grow, participate and earn your way back to the field.

Respectfully,

ghwk

summerdenver
08-02-2009, 06:23 PM
Wow if they took exception to such a simple comment, what will happen if they see Rev's avatar.

Ratboy
08-02-2009, 06:25 PM
There are ways to offer criticism without being vile or juvenile about it.....

Please, I've read much worse things then what Apa posted.

Br0nc0Buster
wtf that is ridiculous

Someone said something that offended the Broncos on a website and now they are revoking press privileges?

Its not like Apa represents the Orange Mane by himself, and besides I think most people here have said things that are much worse than calling Bowlen "gutless"

honestly I dont think its a big deal though, we can still get good stuff from from the stands

BlaK-Argentina
This is so stupid. I can't believe the Broncos reacted like that.

SonOfLe-loLang
Why are you embarrassed? its kinda funny actually

Dean
08-02-2009, 06:26 PM
It sounds to me as though the Broncos organization is trying to control what is posted on private internet forums. . . somehow I thought that the organization had more class than that.

Members of other boards are able to post what occurs in practice without having a press pass. I am sure that whoever was able to attend the practices wtill could. While the loss of access is regretable it is not something worth what you seem to be putting yourself through, Nick.

TheReverend
08-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Wow if they took exception to such a simple comment, what will happen if they see Rev's avatar.

Brb, turning it into posters and flying in to Dove Valley.

kcxiv
08-02-2009, 06:27 PM
As a Chiefs fan, i am going to say thats a pretty crappy thing to do on the Bronco's organization. Sucks that the OM got the boot for joking around like that on a fan site.

to the OP, dont beat yourself up on something like that.

tnedator
08-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm a little surprised by the severe reaction from the Broncos' organization. I know they have cracked down on attacks on Broncos Country, but from what I gathered it was stuff much worse than what you posted.

Maybe an apology sent via snail mail to the PR department and Pat Bowlen, explaining that you are a long time fan, that it was meant in jest, and apologize for any problems it caused....

Either way, I sure hope you continue to post here, as you are a good fan and bring a lot to the Mane.

80smith
08-02-2009, 06:33 PM
In one fleeting moment I ruined what was a big step for the Orange Mane. On Friday I posted one of my pictures of Pat Bowlen. In the Caption I wrote the Myth, the Man, the Gutless. As I try to write my reports with the orange mane in mind I used what had become a friendly joke by many here after the meltdown resulting from the firing of Mike Shanahan.

We were informed today that the Broncos organization was not happy with that caption and that our press privledges for the remainder of camp have been suspended.

I have been a big supporting voice of Bowlen and it sickens me that something I wrote has ruined what was a great thing for this site. I am absolutely humiliated and disgusted that something like this came of that report.

I apologize to all of you and specifically to Taco, Kaylore, SoCalBronco, and the others who had been given the opportunity to report. My intentions were never ill will and I just can't believe I caused this to happen.

In light of that and in hopes of possibly the Broncos considering the Orange Mane in the future for press access have asked Taco to delete my account. I won't be posting anymore as I am too embarrassed and disgusted with myself.

I appreciate all of you even the ones I had heated arguments with as the passion and knowledge of this site is unequal to any others. I am so sorry that something I did caused such a horrible result.

If you want email me at nscott24@msn.com if you would like to chat. I hope that my actions haven't cause a permanent camp banning and hope this site continues to grow and evolve into even better things. Thank you all for your conversation and friendship its been a great few years.

Regards,
Nick aka ApaOps5

Dude!!! Its America. Post on............

telluride
08-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Apa, the apology was a decent/brave thing to do. And to those who want to ding the Bronco's PR dept, remember that allowing blogs into the press area is a favor extended by the Broncos, not a right commanded by the blogs. If you invited a guest into your house, and they engaged in name-calling and attacks, would you invite them back? (Also, I suspect that the OM was on a tight leash already, given all the previous "drunk" comments about Bowlen.)

That said, I suspect that they'll relent sooner rather than later. In the meantime, MHR has been doing some very good stuff, so we might all supplement our OM visits with some MHR visits.

elsid13
08-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Thinking about it, that was excuse to pull the OM press pass. Someone bitched about us being out there, and they (Broncos) went out of their to keep them (main stream media) happy.

elsid13
08-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Brb, turning it into posters and flying in to Dove Valley.

It time to license the image to Bing.

RhymesayersDU
08-02-2009, 06:37 PM
This is hilarious.

yerner
08-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Bowlen can suck it...

lex
08-02-2009, 06:38 PM
You should write a letter of apology, explaining that you meant to call Pat a drunk and not gutless.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 06:41 PM

I don't think so. I think the Broncos reaction here is legitimate. Bowlen was just there to watch his team practice. I don't blame the Broncos in the least for being offended when someone with press access posts a picture and takes an unecessary pot shot at him, even if the pot shot was made in jest following all the controversy from the Shanahan firing. It's one thing to take that shot in conjunction to something that was happening directly in the stream of news. It's another to take a pot shot at him when he's just sitting on the sidelines watching his team practice.

The only thing we can do is correct the issue, and keep on keeping on.

Meck77
08-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Apa stick around bud. Anyone can do a camp report anytime.

Is it still ok to hate on Griese, Plummer, and Cutler?

Orange_Beard
08-02-2009, 06:42 PM

Don't be such a drama Queen. Who was the one who started the Bowlen is a gutless drunk thread?

To me this is proof that he is a gutless drunk. If you can't take a little heat on a fan site, From bunch of people who love the Broncos, spend our hard earned money on the team. Then **** off Bowlen. **** you, you old fur coat wearing ass face. You are a Gutless drunk.

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree that Nick shouldn't be that hard on himself...things happen.

However, bloggers and community groups like this have to work harder than the others. I remember years and years ago when ChiefsPlanet was trying to do something similar reading a story about how the Redskins and other press members were not happy with a Redskin site similar to OM (can't remember the name) had their guys cheering real loud in the press box. It made me cringe because they are giving everyone a bad name. Cheering isn't allowed there. It is the rules and if you want to relay information and get the same access and professionals you have to act like it.

I kind of chuckled at Blueflame talking about how there was possibly a double standard like 'Oh wow, you really think so?' how long did it take you to get a read on that situation?

If groups like the OM want to step up to the next level they have to represent themselves better than the average message board sports genius.

I am all for the sports equivalent of these citizen reporters so I hope it all works out. I was just surprised by some of the reactions against the Broncos organization I didn't think anything they did was unreasonable. They have everything to lose from this kind of thing and very little to gain.

lex
08-02-2009, 06:44 PM
I think this incident has enhanced the Manes cache. It makes it seem more irreverent and edgy (or even honest) now. You probably just gave us big street credit Apa. Allen Iverson's posse is probably doting on you now and if not now, they will be soon.

elsid13
08-02-2009, 06:44 PM
Wonder how long before the story hits PFW??? Sometime the smart thing to do is not to make a big deal about something.

Orange_Beard
08-02-2009, 06:45 PM

Regards,
Nick aka ApaOps5

The more I think about this the more pissed off I get. When it comes down to it, How would you expect a gutless drunk to react?

TDmvp
08-02-2009, 06:45 PM
Don't be such a drama Queen. Who was the one who started the Bowlen is a gutless drunk thread?

To me this is proof that he is a gutless drunk. If you can't take a little heat on a fan site, From bunch of people who love the Broncos, spend our hard earned money on the team. Then **** off Bowlen. **** you, you old fur coat wearing ass face. You are a Gutless drunk.

Yup ... and rep

Every day since Jan 1st this organization has done everything it can to look more and more like the Bengals ... This is just one more step into stupidity ...

Hell I might photo shop me up some Pat Bowlen as Hitler Avs ... And Apa I wouldn't worry about it at all ... And to me it just emboldens my opinions .

tnedator
08-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Yup ... and rep

Every day since Jan 1st this organization has done everything it can to look more and more like the Bengals ... This is just one more step into stupidity ...

Hell I might photo shop me up some Pat Bowlen as Hitler Avs ... And Apa I wouldn't worry about it at all ... And to me it just emboldens my opinions .

Come on guys, reactions like this won't help the Mane's situation.

Pat Bowlen has provided us all with an awful lot of fun and enjoyment over the last 25 or 26 years. Some of the slams on him have gone beyond the 'in good fun' category.

From what I can see, he has been one of the better owners in the league during the tenure, and we are lucky to have him running our team than the likes of Al Davis or many of the other owners in the league.

OBF1
08-02-2009, 06:52 PM
Nick,

Why to sack up and come clean. That is all you needed to do. Taking off from the mane is extreme and uncalled.

Some of you just do not get a clue.... Sitting here popping off like a school aged child will not get the Mane back in the good graces of the organization. If your retort to this is Efffff em, why not go find a new team to cheer for. Take the good along with the bad and move on.

Stuck In Texas
08-02-2009, 06:53 PM
From what I can see, he has been one of the better owners in the league during the tenure, and we are lucky to have him running our team than the likes of Al Davis or many of the other owners in the league.I agree and that's what makes the last 8 months so puzzling.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't think so. I think the Broncos reaction here is legitimate. Bowlen was just there to watch his team practice. I don't blame the Broncos in the least for being offended when someone with press access posts a picture and takes an unecessary pot shot at him, even if the pot shot was made in jest following all the controversy from the Shanahan firing. It's one thing to take that shot in conjunction to something that was happening directly in the stream of news. It's another to take a pot shot at him when he's just sitting on the sidelines watching his team practice.

The only thing we can do is correct the issue, and keep on keeping on.

Dang, Apa, I still don't know what this is about, but it sounds like you f'd up pretty bad and now you are taking the hit for the team, which is standup.

I'm curious why Apa is taking the hit when SoCalBronco was talking about the 15 inch AIDS penis.

I guess it's about poor timing.

elsid13
08-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Nick,

Why to sack up and come clean. That is all you needed to do. Taking off from the mane is extreme and uncalled.

Some of you just do not get a clue.... Sitting here popping off like a school aged child will not get the Mane back in the good graces of the organization. If your retort to this is Efffff em, why not go find a new team to cheer for. Take the good along with the bad and move on.

If I understand the business correctly, the Broncos depend on us more then we depend on them. The Broncos are competing for our dollars not the other way around. This action is response of someone that doesn't get it.

Gcver2ver3
08-02-2009, 06:59 PM
eh, you owned up to it and even offered to have your account ripped...

from an outside perspective, gutless drunk sounds pretty harsh so i'm not angry at the broncos for being ticked...but i think that just telling us to remove the caption with a stern warning should've sufficed...

i'm not even sure i would chalk this up as a "mistake"...it was just a lil funny nickname we've been rollin with for a while...there was no harm intended...us Maners have a bit of a twisted sense of humor though...8')

i respect your position on this...but don't sweat it...stick around...

i don't agree with everything you post, but you're a strong contributor to this site...the Mane is better with you than without you...

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I agree that Nick shouldn't be that hard on himself...things happen.

However, bloggers and community groups like this have to work harder than the others. I remember years and years ago when ChiefsPlanet was trying to do something similar reading a story about how the Redskins and other press members were not happy with a Redskin site similar to OM (can't remember the name) had their guys cheering real loud in the press box. It made me cringe because they are giving everyone a bad name. Cheering isn't allowed there. It is the rules and if you want to relay information and get the same access and professionals you have to act like it.

I kind of chuckled at Blueflame talking about how there was possibly a double standard like 'Oh wow, you really think so?' how long did it take you to get a read on that situation?

If groups like the OM want to step up to the next level they have to represent themselves better than the average message board sports genius.

I am all for the sports equivalent of these citizen reporters so I hhttp://www.orangemane.com/BB/images/smilies/hippy.gifope it all works out. I was just surprised by some of the reactions against the Broncos organization I didn't think anything they did was unreasonable. They have everything to lose from this kind of thing and very little to gain.

Of course I already knew that they don't/won't revoke press passes for writers from the Post or ESPN... but the fact is that they won't succeed at controlling the message in cyberspace any more than they do in more traditional forms of media. If their goal is "pissing off the fanbase"... then that's an attainable goal through means like press pass revocation. It's about the only thing this type of tactic will achieve though.

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 07:01 PM
If I understand the business correctly, the Broncos depend on us more then we depend on them. The Broncos are competing for our dollars not the other way around. This action is response of someone that doesn't get it.

Yes, because you or anyone else won't be watching the Broncos this season for this.

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Of course I already knew that they don't/won't revoke press passes for writers from the Post or ESPN... but the fact is that they won't succeed at controlling the message in cyberspace any more than they do in more traditional forms of media. If their goal is "pissing off the fanbase"... then that's an attainable goal through means like press pass revocation. It's about the only thing this type of tactic will achieve though.

I don't think the fanbase will be affected by this move.

MileHighMania
08-02-2009, 07:04 PM

I don't think it's that at all... being a fan doesn't give you the right to say anything you want at any time in any format and not deal with consequences. It's unfortunate that this happened to the OM, but I can't say that I blame the Broncos.

They can't give a pass to every 'site' that requests one... and if those that receive them, abuse them... well, there are others that would be happy to have that pass.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-02-2009, 07:05 PM
I was actually shocked the team allowed "outside" sites and bloggers to receive press passes in the first place. Were you going to have access for the entire season?

You and the Mane will be alright. It's not a big deal. You'll be able to re-apply and try again next year. Obviously, there are some lessons to be learned.

Orange_Beard
08-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Nick,

Hmm, because Gutless drunk is acting like a gutless drunk I need to find a new team? BS, be a man, really, unless the truth hurts why would gutless drunk care what anyone says about him on the internet?
As far as I know the "gutless drunk" thread was started before this indecent, it's the internet. Grow a sack.

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't think the fanbase will be affected by this move.

So you don't think the readers/posters of the OrangeMane website are members of the Denver Broncos' fanbase? ??? The vast majority of registered members here are, in fact, Denver Broncos fans....

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 07:08 PM
The Broncos gave us access and let it be known that it was a trial period. We knew we were being watched. Obviously we hit a nerve. Is Pat Bowlen overly sensitive? Not necessarily, in fact he probably doesn't even know about the picture and caption. But put yourself in the young man's shoes that gave us conditional access. He is trying to tread carefully here. Imagine what a dilema it is for him. Imagine if Pat Bowlen did see the photo and caption. How would it look for the Bronco employee that gave us access only to have us take a picture of the owner standing just a few feet away, in an area they do not have to give us access to. It's understandable that the Broncos would act this way. They give us access and it appears as though we take advantage of that access to badmouth the head honcho. It's unfortunate, mainly bc it was really meant to poke fun of the OM and not Bowlen. Bummer.

Archer81
08-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Apa,

Dont worry about it. It happens. Dont leave the Mane because of a simple mistake.

:Broncos:

CEH
08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
I was actually shocked the team allowed "outside" sites and bloggers to receive press passes in the first place. Were you going to have access for the entire season?

You and the Mane will be alright. It's not a big deal. You'll be able to re-apply and try again next year. Obviously, there are some lessons to be learned.

Lesson #1: Don't bite the hand that feeds you

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
So you don't think the readers/posters of the OrangeMane website are members of the Denver Broncos' fanbase? ??? The vast majority of registered members here are, in fact, Denver Broncos fans....

I think posters will post and be angry because thats what posters do. Do you honestly think anyone involved in this thread will be consuming less Broncos information or watch one less moment of Broncos football over this?

I think you are also making the mistake that this small group of die hard fans represents the fanbase. Places like OM and CP don't accurately represent the fanbase.

loborugger
08-02-2009, 07:11 PM
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/08/vingrhamespulp.jpg

Consider your Dove Valley privileges revoked.

One part silly post & one part excessively thinned skin. What can you say, its been a long and brutal offseason.

DeusExManning
08-02-2009, 07:13 PM
The Broncos need to learn to deal with bad press.

TexanBob
08-02-2009, 07:19 PM
I had a friend with a fan site covering another NFL team about two years ago and he had his press pass revoked. He had said nothing insulting about the owners or the team. His crime was posting camp notes the team thought was too detailed.

We decided there was an underlying cause at work here. It wasn't really about the site vs. the team. It was the site vs. the media.

What does the Denver Post or other local media have to offer their readers/viewers that the fan sites on the internet can't? Access. The "credentialed" media can get into the locker rooms, conduct interviews, etc that many fan sites cannot. It's likely THEY are the ones who complained to the Broncos about the "gutless" comment and demanded press passes be revoked. IOW, if they didn't have the "gutless" excuse, they would have found another one because Nick and the others were invading the "turf" of the big boys who are watching the internet sap a lot of their revenues and profits.

The NFL is also getting prickly about a lot of training camp issues. Last year or the year before, the NFL told legit media sources they could not post interviews or highlights on their sites that lasted more than 45 seconds. I don't know if they've relaxed that since but there were howls of discontent from papers and tv stations about that. It was believed that the ban was because the NFL was trying to have exclusive content for their own website and cable channel.

So, Nick, don't beat yourself up over this. Chances are some people - whether the "credentialed" media or the Broncos - were simply waiting for a chance to kick you out and the real reason was that the OM and other similar sites make fans less likely to hit webpages of other sites to stay up on their favorite team. And that affects advertising and that means revenue lost. You're just a serf in the bigger picture. There's no need to take it personally.

RhymesayersDU
08-02-2009, 07:21 PM
I think posters will post and be angry because thats what posters do. Do you honestly think anyone involved in this thread will be consuming less Broncos information or watch one less moment of Broncos football over this?

Exactly. People always throw around things like "I'll never watch again" or "I am so done with this team" etc etc.

And at the end of the day, none of it's true, we buy just as many hats, jerseys, etc. We go to the games, buy the $8 beers, etc.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 07:23 PM
I think that is exactly what happened and I am pretty sure I know who said something. I am 99% sure.

DeusExManning
08-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Lesson #1: Don't bite the hand that feeds you

This hand does not feed us.

chadta
08-02-2009, 07:25 PM
it could be worse dood

they could have made you cover the chiefs as punishment

lex
08-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Exactly. People always throw around things like "I'll never watch again" or "I am so done with this team" etc etc.

And at the end of the day, none of it's true, we buy just as many hats, jerseys, etc. We go to the games, buy the $8 beers, etc.

Thats not true at all. As a Cub fan I vowed to not by any Cubs gear until Dusty was gone. I waited two years for his contract to expire. Given the tumultuous offseason, it shouldnt be assumed that they wouldnt take some kind of a hit. Its already been evident in a number of people not renewing their season tickets.

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
it could be worse dood

they could have made you cover the chiefs as punishment

http://cowlander.neobahumut.com/GIF%20TIME/insult%20master.gif

DenverBrit
08-02-2009, 07:30 PM
It was inevitable that having granted the Mane 'press' status for TC, the PR dept would look at the 'reviews.'

Unfortunately, they wouldn't be aware that the remarks are out of context and not aimed at Bowlen so much as the Bowlen critics.

I'm not sure the remarks can be explained satisfactorily without going back in time and following the threads.

They would need waders.

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Thats not true at all. As a Cub fan I vowed to not by any Cubs gear until Dusty was gone. I waited two years for his contract to expire. Given the tumultuous offseason, it shouldnt be assumed that they wouldnt take some kind of a hit. Its already been evident in a number of people not renewing their season tickets.

Of course in this instance we are not talking about something as big as the position of coach.

lex
08-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Of course in this instance we are not talking about something as big as the position of coach.

No but a lot of things aggregate and this is just one more thing.

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 07:33 PM
No but a lot of things aggregate and this is just one more thing.

To a small minority of the fanbase.

lex
08-02-2009, 07:34 PM
To a small minority of the fanbase.

If it remains only known to the Mane. But if word of this gets out and some site like Florios mentions this, it well find more eyes. The Broncos run the risk of this getting around and making them look bad.

Boss Man
08-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I wish the Broncos would spend less time worrying about an insult with words over the internet, and spend more time signing the first round ****ing picks...jeez

Northman
So wait a minute? The Broncos organization got bent out of shape over a comment made by 1 member on this board? Are you kidding me? Man, they should read half the crap that gets spewed on here on a daily basis about the organization if they really want to get pissy. Did Bowlen really think that after all the changes this year that it was going to go smoothly both with the team and the fans? lmao

Dude Apa, **** Bowlen and the organization. You have a right to speak your mind just like anybody else whether its joking or not.

ZachKC
If it remains only known to the Mane. But if word of this gets out and some site like Florios mentions this, it well find more eyes. The Broncos run the risk of this getting around and making them look bad.

Do you believe someone with press credentials should be free to say anything?

gunns
08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
Hell, a lot worse has been said than that. They should realize we all have our opinion and we all have our love for the Broncos. Seems a little shallow to me. Apa, I realize you think your leaving might remedy things but I'd say you would be missed. Being a Bronco fan became a lot nicer posting on this board and it's people like you that made it that way. This whole situation is not one you planned and your remorse is sincere. Don't leave.

TexanBob
08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
The Broncos already risk a fan mutiny if the team wins less games than last year and Cutler reaches the playoffs. I doubt they want to lose any more friends.

RhymesayersDU
08-02-2009, 07:37 PM

And yet magically, Invesco will still be sold out, etc.

"Looking bad" means virtually nothing.

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 07:38 PM
So wait a minute? The Broncos organization got bent out of shape over a comment made by 1 member on this board? Are you kidding me? Man, they should read half the crap that gets spewed on here on a daily basis about the organization if they really want to get pissy. Did Bowlen really think that after all the changes this year that it was going to go smoothly both with the team and the fans? lmao

Dude Apa, **** Bowlen and the organization. You have a right to speak your mind just like anybody else whether its joking or not.

Hell, a lot worse has been said than that. They should realize we all have our opinion and we all have our love for the Broncos. Seems a little shallow to me. Apa, I realize you think your leaving might remedy things but I'd say you would be missed. Being a Bronco fan became a lot nicer posting on this board and it's people like you that made it that way. This whole situation is not one you planned and your remorse is sincere. Don't leave.

So some people don't get the distinction between posting on this board and being a credentialed reporter of Broncos news. Bowlen isn't trying to police OM.

Rock Chalk
08-02-2009, 07:39 PM

I know that this is a blow, but I promise you that something good will come of this, whether it happens now or it happens years from now. I'm taking the long view on this, and didn't expect that the Mane's road to legitimacy wasn't going to come without any bumps in the road.

This is not the end of our coverage. This is not the end of my dreams for the site. It's just a road bump that put a serious bruise on our butt. That bruise will heal, and we'll come out better for it.

Take a break, buddy, and when you're ready to come back, your account and friends will all still be here waiting for you.

Dont need a media pass anyway really.

Fans get better seats. No interviews but that was just gravy. Most of us just care about the reports anyway.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 07:40 PM
So some people don't get the distinction between posting on this board and being a credentialed reporter of Broncos news. Bowlen isn't trying to police OM.

I have to agree with this.

24champ
08-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Broncos are definitely cracking down us, if you guys remember on friday morning, we were able to give small updates on here from our phones...well they certainly beefed up sideline security and it's hard to even look at your phone for 2 seconds.

I know the Broncos read this site, as well a lot of local writers who probably complained that we had access as well...

lex
08-02-2009, 07:42 PM
And now the Mane has begun a cover up. Lame.

2KBack
08-02-2009, 07:43 PM

I have to second this. This isn't an issue with what the vast majority of us say on this board. We are free to discuss at will. The issue is when someone is given access credentials and in the course of being essentially an official bronco reporter takes a pot shot at the owner (the sad part is that Apa was in no way actually doing that).

~Crash~
08-02-2009, 07:46 PM

taco is right you should not be banned even if you are a full nut job that you are you are . you are still a broncos nut job....:welcome:

now back to ignore for you lol you will not leave and that is probably really good for the board but you and I are oil and watter .Ha!

Popps
We've done everything we can. Nick is no longer part of our training camp coverage team, and I've personally apologized to the Broncos over the incident letting them know that we've taken steps to correct the issue

Find this at all a bit ironic, Taco?

Some of us do.

ZachKC
I have to agree with this.

I think fan based outfits need to play on their own ballpark. Interviews are boring...just boring as **** for most part. As bad as WPI is (a site that covers the Chiefs) there used to be a reporter over there named Mike Nudgent.

He was a football guy...really knew the X's and O's and he asked questions accordingly. I was helping them out with photography once and was a a press conference. It was funny watching Trent Green answer the same boring questions and when Mike asked him what he thought he could to do be effective against the so and so specific scheme this team was running the next week he perked up and became more engaged because he got to actually not about football.

Why even try to play on the same field as the main stream media? You won't do it better than them and why even try.

Those segments on ESPN for Ron Jaworski breaks down tape? Like or dislike Jaws those are really fun to watch.

By having really knowledgeable football people and making sure that translates to coverage community driven reporters can both break away from the main stream media and offer their readers what they are looking for.

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 07:47 PM
And now the Mane has begun a cover up. Lame.

Cover up?

broncosteven
08-02-2009, 07:48 PM

WOW!

Keep your head up Nick and continue to post, even if you make me cry on the INTernEts on Saturday nights!

LOL

Now I know what it must have felt like to live in Russia during the 1930's.

I thought I could talk about Broncos football here without worrying about reprisals from the team/FO.

Maybe it is better that we stay independent and not ask for press passes if we have to temper our thoughts and not speak/post what we really think or feel.

Northman
08-02-2009, 07:51 PM

None of them are credentialed man. If thats the case they would be getting paid for it. Kaylore, Nick, SoCal. They are doing it for the fans and not getting paid for it.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 07:52 PM

This. We had a responsibility to be professional and we dropped the ball. More so bc we incorporated an "inside joke" than acting inappropriately. And honestly, I'm glad that we did well enough to rattle someone into tattling.

broncosteven
08-02-2009, 07:52 PM
I think fan based outfits need to play on their own ballpark. Interviews are boring...just boring as **** for most part. As bad as WPI is (a site that covers the Chiefs) there used to be a reporter over there named Mike Nudgent.

He was a football guy...really knew the X's and O's and he asked questions accordingly. I was helping them out with photography once and was a a press conference. It was funny watching Trent Green answer the same boring questions and when Mike asked him what he thought he could to do be effective against the so and so specific scheme this team was running the next week he perked up and became more engaged because he got to actually not about football.

Why even try to play on the same field as the main stream media? You won't do it better than them and why even try.

Those segments on ESPN for Ron Jaworski breaks down tape? Like or dislike Jaws those are really fun to watch.

By having really knowledgeable football people and making sure that translates to coverage community driven reporters can both break away from the main stream media and offer their readers what they are looking for.

I agree, message boards should be an outlet for the fans, not an extension of the media.

Tombstone RJ
08-02-2009, 07:53 PM
Bummer dude. But, looks like the Broncos do visit this sight.

tesnyde
08-02-2009, 07:54 PM
ApaOps5....seems like your comments have been confirmed. Some dude makes a comment on a message board and this happens. Gutless.

PS. Any law class teaches that people in the public spotlight face a different level of critic, the first amendment, slander, etc but I guess Mr. B. missed that class when he got his law degree at OU.

ZachKC
08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
None of them are credentialed man. If thats the case they would be getting paid for it. Kaylore, Nick, SoCal. They are doing it for the fans and not getting paid for it.

Being credentialed does not = getting paid. It is a matter of access.

Popps
08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Apa,

Sent you an email, dude.

Props for manning up for "your" mistake, and I hope you're back posting soon. This board has precious few quality posters. We can't afford to lose any more.

Northman
08-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Being credentialed does not = getting paid.

Its still just for recreation.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Explain

Some of us do.

broncosteven
08-02-2009, 08:00 PM
This. We had a responsibility to be professional and we dropped the ball. More so bc we incorporated an "inside joke" than acting inappropriately. And honestly, I'm glad that we did well enough to rattle someone into tattling.

I could see if Taco created a "Professional - 2009 Camp only" forum here, but this is a losely moderated message board.

I am surprised the Broncos didn't have an Intern search the forum for Bowlen's name for derogatory comments before they granted the passes if they were worried about us.

2KBack
08-02-2009, 08:00 PM
ApaOps5....seems like your comments have been confirmed. Some dude makes a comment on a message board and this happens. Gutless.

PS. Any law class teaches that people in the public spotlight face a different level of critic, the first amendment, slander, etc but I guess Mr. B. missed that class when he got his law degree at OU.

uh...once again. We are allowed to say all we want, but it is the Broncos right to take away privileged access if they feel it's being abused. No one's rights are being infringed on here. Press passes are not a right

SoCalBronco
08-02-2009, 08:01 PM

Wow...that's an incredibly ignorant statement.

We've been doing camp better than the "mainstream media" for years, Zach. You would know that if you were paying attention. The reason people flocked to this site for camp was because of Khan and first couple years when he went out there all alone in the heat every day and served up report after report. If you were paying attention back then, you would have known that people thought the DPO and RMN's coverage of camp was a joke and that people looked forward to the famous Khan report every day. It got so big that people from other sites started stealing Khan's reports for anxious readers on other sites.

Meanwhile, your mainstream media were sitting in their white tents not willing to put forth any effort or put together anything of substance.

Wake up.

Northman
08-02-2009, 08:02 PM
I could see if Taco created a "Professional - 2009 Camp only" forum here, but this is a losely moderated message board.

I am surprised the Broncos didn't have an Intern search the forum for Bowlen's name for derogatory comments before they granted the passes if they were worried about us.

No kidding. Ha!

Taco John
08-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Dont need a media pass anyway really.

Fans get better seats. No interviews but that was just gravy. Most of us just care about the reports anyway.

THis is the way that I see it too. I hope that we can put this episode behind us quickly, because we've still got guys on the scene, and they'll be able to give the same coverage, only their vantage will be a little better since the fans have the best seats in the house. We won't get the great audio from the players, but we might start out own podcast and have our guys do an audio report at the end of camp.

One way or another, we're going to make this a positive for us. It's a bummer, but there's no reason for any drama over it. The Mane will get along one way or another.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 08:04 PM
The Broncos gave us access and let it be known that it was a trial period. We knew we were being watched. Obviously we hit a nerve. Is Pat Bowlen overly sensitive? Not necessarily, in fact he probably doesn't even know about the picture and caption. But put yourself in the young man's shoes that gave us conditional access. He is trying to tread carefully here. Imagine what a dilema it is for him. Imagine if Pat Bowlen did see the photo and caption. How would it look for the Bronco employee that gave us access only to have us take a picture of the owner standing just a few feet away, in an area they do not have to give us access to. It's understandable that the Broncos would act this way. They give us access and it appears as though we take advantage of that access to badmouth the head honcho. It's unfortunate, mainly bc it was really meant to poke fun of the OM and not Bowlen. Bummer.

It's a shame that Apa was sacrificed when you've been bagging on the Broncs, then turned on the professionalism all of a sudden.

Saulbadguy
08-02-2009, 08:06 PM
lol

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 08:07 PM

We've been doing camp better than the "mainstream media" for years, Zach. You would know that if you were paying attention. The reason people flocked to this site for camp was because of Khan and first couple years when he went out there all alone in the heat every day and served up report after report. If you were paying attention back then, you would have known that people thought the DPO and RMN's coverage of camp was a joke and that people looked forward to the famous Khan report every day. It got so big that people from other sites started stealing Khan's reports for anxious readers on other sites.

Meanwhile, your mainstream media were sitting in their white tents not willing to put forth any effort or put together anything of substance.

Wake up.

^^^^^^Yep. Absolutely right.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 08:09 PM

I totally disagree with this. I think that the fan perspective is a much better vantage point to cover the team than any media. Half the time, it seems like the media is missing the point, IMO, especially the national media.

kappys
08-02-2009, 08:10 PM
I agree with all who think Bowlen is gutless over this move; as stated by Taco first if I recall correctly.

Doesn't really matter. Just waiting to see what kind of product we field. I'm a lot more concerned over Bowlen's financials than I am over the Omane not having press access

Rock Chalk
08-02-2009, 08:12 PM

Its funny, I was wondering the same thing about your "photography" skills.

Why bother? You cant do it as good as the National Geographic guys anyway. You certainly can't get their diversity or their coverage.

Oh, you do it because you love to right?

Get the **** out of here Zach. Lots of people LOVE the interviews, LOVE the fact that a FAN is asking the questions instead of some journalist who could give a **** what the answer is or what the question is.

broncosteven
08-02-2009, 08:12 PM

Wake up.

I read his post differently, that our "community" reporters were asking the questions that we at the Mane were interested in and not posting a fluff piece or asking what kind of tree they would be if they were a tree.

Khan and everyone that gets off his ass to sit at TC for hours on end are all a great asset to this board. They manage to ask what those of us that can't go are interested in and deliver the goods.

24champ
08-02-2009, 08:17 PM
Its funny, I was wondering the same thing about your "photography" skills.

Why bother? You cant do it as good as the National Geographic guys anyway. You certainly can't get their diversity or their coverage.

Oh, you do it because you love to right?

Get the **** out of here Zach. Lots of people LOVE the interviews, LOVE the fact that a FAN is asking the questions instead of some journalist who could give a **** what the answer is or what the question is.

Rep.

bowtown
08-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Before I read your whole post, I'd just assumed you ruined Pat Bowlen's computer with a Rick Roll. I hope you stick around Appa. Get in touch with Bob, he knows how to hang around against all odds with 25 different usernames.

fido
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM
Apa, you have large brass ones' buddy. You manned up and took the hit. That said, stick around please, the mane is much better off with you than without. Your insight is good, and you break things down so that even I can understand them, and that takes some doing. Chin up. As an organization the Broncos need to realize that without fans, they would not exist. Stay. And it is most apparent that there is a definate lurker here from the front office.....shame on you, a quick call to taco, and it would have been fixed...no harm, no foul.

TexanBob
08-02-2009, 08:22 PM

Pay has nothing to do with it. "Credentialed" refers to being given access beyond what fans are given (i.e. "press credentials"). You normally have to apply for them to the team's public relations or media relations department and they can be limited based on who you are and what you intend to do.

I used to have a press pass where I could interview MLB players before the game, but not after, because I worked for a small-potatoes radio station in the ex-burbs. I could go into the dugouts or on the field but not to the locker room.

But you can get credentials if you are working on a book or some type of publicity thing. It isn't necessarily for pay.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Some of us do.

Not really. I personally still believe Pat made the wrong move. I wish that I didn't react so quickly to the move, and simmered down before I posted on his decision to get rid of a coach that you and I both believed was two years away from being in Superbowl contention (I've got the link where you said this yourself, so let's not even pretend that you said anything different). But it is what it is.

That has nothing to do with this issue. Pat wasn't making news when he was standing on the sidelines watching practice. He was just standing on the sidelines watching practice. There was no cause to call him any name. There was actually no cause to even post a picture about him. His role in camp was inconsequential. He was a spectator just like everyone else, and was making no news.

I'm not going to sell out my belief that firing Shanahan was a mistake for press access. Nor are the Broncos asking anyone to do that. They just want professionalism from our guys when they're inside the rope line. That's not what they got. I don't blame them whatsover with their decision. If I was in The Broncos' shoes, I'd have done the same thing. I just hope that it doesn't end our relationship with the Broncos, because it certainly doesn't end the aspirations for our site. We're going to continue to expand our coverage of the Broncos, with or without the access. It may be that covering them from the perspective of an outsider site works out better for us - who knows?

I'd much rather maintain friendly ties with the organization, and hope that we can put this behind us as a learning experience. If not, then we move ahead without ties to the Broncos organization except the ones where our hearts are...

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 08:25 PM

Some of us do.

Include me. I see sleazy bums like SoCal, TJ, Oskie, slithering away from Apa like the snakes in the grass they are, finding cover where they can, slithering and hiding. It's all Apa, yessir, it's all Apa when they've been bagging on the Broncs until all of a sudden it is politically correct to be pro-Bronco. Disgusting to see Apa taking heat when SoCal was crowing about the 15-inch AIDS penis that Bowlen should take in the ass.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Include me. I see sleazy bums like SoCal, TJ, Oskie, slithering away from Apa like the snakes in the grass they are, finding cover where they can, slithering and hiding. It's all Apa, yessir, it's all Apa when they've been bagging on the Broncs until all of a sudden it is politically correct to be pro-Bronco. Disgusting to see Apa taking heat when SoCal was crowing about the 15-inch AIDS penis that Bowlen should take in the ass.

I think that you missed post #3 in this thread. I'm not trying to distance myself from Apa at all. I'm not giving up my disagreement over Pat's decision to fire our HOF head coach and dismantle the team. But I have moved past it, excited for the new opportunity and expecting to see some great things from our new team.

In case you missed post #3 here it is:

broncosteven
08-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Not really. I personally still believe Pat made the wrong move. I wish that I didn't react so quickly to the move, and simmered down before I posted on his decision to get rid of a coach that you and I both believed was two years away from being in Superbowl contention (I've got the link where you said this yourself, so let's not even pretend that you said anything different). But it is what it is.

That has nothing to do with this issue. Pat wasn't making news when he was standing on the sidelines watching practice. He was just standing on the sidelines watching practice. There was no cause to call him any name. There was actually no cause to even post a picture about him. His role in camp was inconsequential. He was a spectator just like everyone else, and was making no news.

I'm not going to sell out my belief that firing Shanahan was a mistake for press access. Nor are the Broncos asking anyone to do that. They just want professionalism from our guys when they're inside the rope line. That's not what they got. I don't blame them whatsover with their decision. If I was in Patrick's shoes, I'd have done the same thing. I just hope that it doesn't end our relationship with the Broncos, because it certainly doesn't end the aspirations for our site. We're going to continue to expand our coverage of the Broncos, with or without the access. It may be that covering them from the perspective of an outsider site works out better for us - who knows?

I'd much rather maintain friendly ties with the organization, and hope that we can put this behind us as a learning experience. If not, then we move ahead without ties to the Broncos organization except the ones where our hearts are...

Just please keep the restaurant reviews with the lame 10 football scale in it's own forum.

SoCalBronco
08-02-2009, 08:32 PM

**** you.

Nobody is "slithering away" from Apa. I support Apa. Personally, I think the team overreacted and I don't think they understand the context of his comment...esp since he was one of the Bowlen backers. I understand that they are watching us and they misinterpreted his intent....but I object to the suggestion that once OSKIE and I came to camp we somehow became "pro-Bronco". I thought my report was balanced and objective. I don't like McD...people know that. By the same token, I take pride in writing exactly what I see. My report wasn't a cheerleader, homer type of thing, it had ups and downs in it.

You are right that at one time I said Bowlen should get ass raped by a 15 inch dick with AIDS. I was angry with Bowlen and am still angry with Bowlen and will continue to be angry with Bowlen for a long time. I'm not sure, however, what that has to do with going to camp and reporting what you see in an objective manner. Nobody's hiding, nobody's magically turning into pro-new regime posters. I'm not. I'm just there to report exactly what I see.

Feel free to ignore the reports if you like. I support Nick and feel very bad for him. I hope he doesn't leave because he's a heck of a fan and a heck of a reporter.

fido
08-02-2009, 08:32 PM

Wake up.

This is what originally drew me to the mane, oh so many years ago. Lurked a number of years before actually joining.

REP in a major way

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 08:37 PM

I'm not going to sell out my belief that firing Shanahan was a mistake for press access. Nor are the Broncos asking anyone to do that. They just want professionalism from our guys when they're inside the rope line. That's not what they got. I don't blame them whatsover with their decision. If I was in Patrick's shoes, I'd have done the same thing. I just hope that it doesn't end our relationship with the Broncos, because it certainly doesn't end the aspirations for our site. We're going to continue to expand our coverage of the Broncos, with or without the access. It may be that covering them from the perspective of an outsider site works out better for us - who knows?

'Nuff said. Apa I guess crossed that line, but you jackasses that goaded him on to the satirical post he made are responsible also. Don't try to hide, you are responsible also. Don't try to hide, you know and I know Apa's faux pas didn't just materialize out of a vacuum. Don't try to hide, TJ, you're not fooling everybody.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 08:39 PM

I wonder if that 15" Dick with AIDS is still around... because you are due a turn!

Every one of us has spoke with Nick and offered our support to him. I've posted several times in this thread that it was neither malicious nor intended to cause anything other than a laugh... at our expense. Meaning those of us that disagreed with some or all of the Broncos offseason decisions. That being said, to blame the Broncos for this isn't right either. We knew going in what the expectations were and that is why Nick himself said he made a mistake in using questionable judgment. Trust me when I say that Nick knows that we support him and that we are most certainly not slithering away or distancing ourselves from Nick.

As for having anti-broncos comments in the past, I think you are missing the real problem here. Not surprisingly, you struggle to comprehend the situation and therefore make accusations that make you look like a tool/fool. Sometimes Cito, it's better to keep your comments to yourself b/c in this case... you removed all doubt.

DivineBronco
08-02-2009, 08:42 PM
as I have read this thread further it really seems like who if anyone we need to be angry at is a member or members of the Denver media that got butthurt that there velvet rope had been crossed and were not the only ones being stroked by the Broncos. Sounds to me like we should be directing our rage at them instead of at the organization

Taco John
08-02-2009, 08:44 PM
'Nuff said. Apa I guess crossed that line, but you jackasses that goaded him on to the satirical post he made are responsible also. Don't try to hide, you are responsible also. Don't try to hide, you know and I know Apa's faux pas didn't just materialize out of a vacuum. Don't try to hide, TJ, you're not fooling everybody.

Hide?

Northman
08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
as I have read this thread further it really seems like who if anyone we need to be angry at is a member or members of the Denver media that got butthurt that there velvet rope had been crossed and were not the only ones being stroked by the Broncos. Sounds to me like we should be directing our rage at them instead of at the organization

Great point. I would like to know who it was that reported Apa as well.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 08:45 PM
I think that you missed post #3 in this thread. I'm not trying to distance myself from Apa at all. I'm not giving up my disagreement over Pat's decision to fire our HOF head coach and dismantle the team. But I have moved past it, excited for the new opportunity and expecting to see some great things from our new team.

In case you missed post #3 here it is:

You're trying to smooth it out, no problem.

Orange_Beard
08-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Hide?

Who closed move moved that thread that you started? The one where you came up with the nickname?

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Hide?

I'm done with that guy. I traded several text messages and talked to several friends ensuring that Nicky was alright after today's experience. Anybody that wants to contend otherwise can line up behind Cito for their turn with SoCal's 15"er and I'm pretty sure Rev would throw a Cobra in for me.

Northman
08-02-2009, 08:47 PM
Who closed move moved that thread that you started? The one where you came up with the nickname?

Ha!

Uh oh. Omanegate in the works.

broncosteven
08-02-2009, 08:49 PM

I am sure the Broncos FO is busy with camp, upcoming season and 2 1st round holdouts and all but did they ask that the offending pic and caption be taken down and the Mane given one less pass each practice the rest of camp?

This is a board where the author and or Mods can edit their posts.

The more I think about it the more harsh it seems.

UberBroncoMan
Ehem...

*cough* *cough*

/straitens out his shirt

Even with our fights during the Cutler saga Mr. Apa, I think there's something we can all take out of this ordeal. If Bowlen was really a man he would have come to you personally and told you how he felt about the caption. Rather he did a move that only validated your caption.

THIS PROVES THAT BOWLEN IS A GUTLESS DRUNK!

... now stop hitting yourself on the head and realize your a ****ing human, and no one is perfect.

Broncoman13
Ha!

What thread? ;D

Pony Boy
08-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Apa, hang in there you are a quality poster, now is not the time to "fall on your sword". I enjoy this site for many reasons and not just the pr coverage. Your posts are needed here, give it some time.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 08:53 PM
I am sure the Broncos FO is busy with camp, upcoming season and 2 1st round holdouts and all but did they ask that the offending pic and caption be taken down and the Mane given one less pass each practice the rest of camp?

This is a board where the author and or Mods can edit their posts.

The more I think about it the more harsh it seems.

I think it's more likely that they were looking for an excuse to not give out creds in the first place. I think someone probably asked why all the "bloggers" (as we're commonly referred to) are allowed to have creds. Right now there are tons of folks trying to cover the Broncos beat... and it's pretty competitive with the Rocky no longer out there. The funny thing... if you look at Gray's coverage, the Broncos finally have somebody doing it right.

DBroncos4life
08-02-2009, 08:54 PM
All this because we all poke fun at the owner? Nope this team isn't going down hill. If we don't like the moves we can't say anything anymore? This is a sad day in Broncos history.

azbroncfan
08-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Stick around APA. BTW you have had to set the record for most appology threads. It's good though you don't need to be a sheep poster and just fall in and agree with everyone. I hope you continue to post.

theAPAOps5
08-02-2009, 08:57 PM
At this point I feel I must step in. Cito I appreciate what you are trying to do. Oskie, SoCal, Taco, and Montrose have all called me and asked me not to leave. Taco and SoCal have been especially adamant about me staying.

That said they all know I had no intention of being unprofessional or provocative. But the Broncos were watching us. Even one little word that tarnishes the owner of the Broncos obviously isn't professional.

You fall into a habit though and its been a long running habit to joke about that infamous thread. There are things we could have done better like pre-edit our stories but we want to be timely on our reports as people are literally crashing the site to read them.

So please do not attack Taco or SoCal for something I did.

PaintballCLE
08-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Apa, you are a disgrace to the omane community!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(Real Omaners wouldn't apologize !)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

ant1999e
08-02-2009, 08:58 PM
We decided there was an underlying cause at work here. It wasn't really about the site vs. the team. It was the site vs. the media.

Thats what you (not you specifically Bob) get for bad mouthing Josina Anderson.thwack

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 09:02 PM
**** you.

Nobody is "slithering away" from Apa. I support Apa. Personally, I think the team overreacted and I don't think they understand the context of his comment...esp since he was one of the Bowlen backers. I understand that they are watching us and they misinterpreted his intent....but I object to the suggestion that once OSKIE and I came to camp we somehow became "pro-Bronco". I thought my report was balanced and objective. I don't like McD...people know that. By the same token, I take pride in writing exactly what I see. My report wasn't a cheerleader, homer type of thing, it had ups and downs in it.

You are right that at one time I said Bowlen should get ass raped by a 15 inch dick with AIDS. I was angry with Bowlen and am still angry with Bowlen and will continue to be angry with Bowlen for a long time. I'm not sure, however, what that has to do with going to camp and reporting what you see in an objective manner. Nobody's hiding, nobody's magically turning into pro-new regime posters. I'm not. I'm just there to report exactly what I see.

Feel free to ignore the reports if you like. I support Nick and feel very bad for him. I hope he doesn't leave because he's a heck of a fan and a heck of a reporter.

Up yours, SoCal. I get the impression you temper your opinion depending on which way the wind blows.

bronco militia
08-02-2009, 09:05 PM
LOL...this is stupid.

mark kizla and woody paige still have their golden ticker after all these years.

I doubt very much pat bowlen knows anything about the Mane.

Cito Pelon
At this point I feel I must step in. Cito I appreciate what you are trying to do. Oskie, SoCal, Taco, and Montrose have all called me and asked me not to leave. Taco and SoCal have been especially adamant about me staying.

That said they all know I had no intention of being unprofessional or provocative. But the Broncos were watching us. Even one little word that tarnishes the owner of the Broncos obviously isn't professional.

You fall into a habit though and its been a long running habit to joke about that infamous thread. There are things we could have done better like pre-edit our stories but we want to be timely on our reports as people are literally crashing the site to read them.

So please do not attack Taco or SoCal for something I did.

Fine with me, Apa. But, I like to attack.

Broncoman13
Up yours, SoCal. I get the impression you temper your opinion depending on which way the wind blows.

You have some sort of a problem Cito... you've been a dick and are trying to instigate a fight here for some self serving reason. Look above, Apa has already gave you your clue. I have a feeling that god blessed your point little head with a DUNCE CAP.

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 09:06 PM

If you think that, then I'd suggest that you really don't know SoCal... he's not like that at all....

theAPAOps5
08-02-2009, 09:06 PM
Fine with me, Apa. But, I like to attack.

I know thats your style but it wouldn't be right for me to say something when they have been very supportive.

Rock Chalk
08-02-2009, 09:08 PM

I fart in your general direction.

Your little tirade here drowned out my bashing of Zach asshole.

ghwk
Ehem...

*cough* *cough*

/straitens out his shirt

Even with our fights during the Cutler saga Mr. Apa, I think there's something we can all take out of this ordeal. If Bowlen was really a man he would have come to you personally and told you how he felt about the caption. Rather he did a move that only validated your caption.

THIS PROVES THAT BOWLEN IS A GUTLESS DRUNK!

... now stop hitting yourself on the head and realize your a ****ing human, and no one is perfect.

It proves nothing and Oskie was right when he said that Bowlen had nothing to do with this. He wouldn't take his time with it but someone responsible for press passes would, especially if pressured by the Post.

fido
Hey fellas, this personal vitriol between posters needs to end....it you guys need to, pm each other and go meet at a gym.

SoCalBronco
08-02-2009, 09:09 PM

If that were really true, I wouldn't have kept being critical of the team even when most of this site eventually joined their side in this whole saga.

I do alot of things and believe alot of things that are contrary to the way the wind is blowing. You need look no further than my sig for proof.

Your "impression" couldn't be more off.

Feel free to ignore the reports.

ghwk
Cito just because you like to attack doesn't absolve you from being a clueless jerk.

Broncoman13
LOL...this is stupid.

mark kizla and woody paige still have their golden ticker after all these years.

I doubt very much pat bowlen knows anything about the Mane.

Legit news sources. As big as the Mane has become, we are still considered a small blogging community by the Broncos. That's fine. Honestly, I think we can do a pretty good job rolling reports in from the sidelines. Alec, Champ, and Montrose have all done just that and even SoCal and I went and sat in the fan section today to view the 11 on 11 work. It's not a big deal, which is why nobody should be freaking out. And really, the only person freaking out is some dipdong that is more less trying to pick a fight... maybe he's having a hard time getting laid, I don't know??? He does have a certain penis on his mind.

fido
08-02-2009, 09:12 PM
legit news sources. As big as the mane has become, we are still considered a small blogging community by the broncos. That's fine. Honestly, i think we can do a pretty good job rolling reports in from the sidelines. Apa, champ, and montrose have all done just that and even socal and i went and sat in the fan section today to view the 11 on 11 work. It's not a big deal, which is why nobody should be freaking out. And really, the only person freaking out is some dipdong that is more less trying to pick a fight... Maybe he's having a hard time getting laid, i don't know??? He does have a certain penis on his mind.

lol

TheReverend
08-02-2009, 09:12 PM
TJ quit hiding. You obviously masterminded all this. You admin edited Nick's initial post, and then called the Broncos PR department.

I'm on to you thanks to the tip off from Cito.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 09:13 PM
I bet Cito is a friend of yours too huh Rev... that would figure!

Boobs McGee
08-02-2009, 09:14 PM

Regards,
Nick aka ApaOps5

WOw. Well, way to man up, but it seems like a crock to me. I think the Bronco's organization should realize a joke when they see it. I didn't think there was any animosity from your caption at all...but I guess that shows how much I know about the business world. It would seem to me that you let people in with a "press" pass, knowing full well they can put whatever spin they'd like on the information they come away with.

Anwho ****ty we lost our privleges, but I'm sure they'll come back some day.

Don't leave the mane apa, not worth it.

WE'll forgive and forget. :wave:

skunk
08-02-2009, 09:15 PM
Denver broncos? More like denver ****cos am i rite???? **** this canadian ****** and the horse he rode in on .... I am selling my tickets .

Goodbye cruel world

Victor
08-02-2009, 09:15 PM
You sure post alot for someone who is going away.

HAT
08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I'd like to nominate this thread for gayest of the year....

The Denver Broncos Organization could give a rat's ass about any message board. Anyone who thinks so probably uses the term "our" when speaking about the team.

TheReverend
08-02-2009, 09:16 PM
I bet Cito is a stalker of yours too huh Rev... that would figure!

fixed

UberBroncoMan
08-02-2009, 09:17 PM
It proves nothing and Oskie was right when he said that Bowlen had nothing to do with this. He wouldn't take his time with it but someone responsible for press passes would, especially if pressured by the Post.

/facepalm

bronco militia
08-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Legit news sources. As big as the Mane has become, we are still considered a small blogging community by the Broncos. That's fine. Honestly, I think we can do a pretty good job rolling reports in from the sidelines. Alec, Champ, and Montrose have all done just that and even SoCal and I went and sat in the fan section today to view the 11 on 11 work. It's not a big deal, which is why nobody should be freaking out. And really, the only person freaking out is some dipdong that is more less trying to pick a fight... maybe he's having a hard time getting laid, I don't know??? He does have a certain penis on his mind.

my point wasn't that the broncos don't know about the Mane, but bowlen himself probably could careless.

I bet someone in the Donk PR department is a Chorf Fan!Booya!

broncosteven
08-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I bet someone in the Donk PR department is a Chorf Fan!Booya!

After the last page or 2 of this thread I am guessing that Cito works in the Broncos PR dept.

80smith
08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
After the last page or 2 of this thread I am guessing that Cito works in the Broncos PR dept.

I feel the same......

lex
08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Ha!

Or Sellout-gate.

Ambiguous
08-02-2009, 09:30 PM

This site is really going to go downhill if having press passes means that we can't go into full on meltdown mode.

**** it, if we are going to stop making irrational posts slandering public figures, I'm out of here. Seriously - why would we have any reason to read this site vs a vanilla beat reporter?

I think the relationship between the Broncos organization and OM was fundamentally flawed, and we are seeing first hand why. Without the "Gutless Drunk" comments and the like, many of us would stop coming to this site and we would not be in the press area to begin with. Take away that freedom and there is no reason to come here.

Apa, don't stop posting here. It's better that the Broncos and the Mane are separate if they are going to try and control the content here. I'm pretty sure everyone would rather have that than a few extra interviews/pictures that just build a little bit on what is readily available.

Victor
08-02-2009, 09:35 PM
This site is really going to go downhill if having press passes means that we can't go into full on meltdown mode.

**** it, if we are going to stop making irrational posts slandering public figures, I'm out of here. Seriously - why would we have any reason to read this site vs a vanilla beat reporter?

I think the relationship between the Broncos organization and OM was fundamentally flawed, and we are seeing first hand why. Without the "Gutless Drunk" comments and the like, many of us would stop coming to this site and we would not be in the press area to begin with. Take away that freedom and there is no reason to come here.

Apa, don't stop posting here. It's better that the Broncos and the Mane are separate if they are going to try and control the content here. I'm pretty sure everyone would rather have that than a few extra interviews/pictures that just build a little bit on what is readily available.

I hear ya, bro...I can't get enough of those gutless drunk comments. I mean, the first thousand times they were really funny, but the next 10,000 have been off the chart hilarious. If you can't slander someone over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...it's not worth coming here.

Rock Chalk
08-02-2009, 09:35 PM
**** you.

See, you rambled on and on after this part of the post and it was the very first sentence.

This was all you needed to say. Its a powerful phrase my friend :) I use it all the time, or some derivation of it.

Cito certainly isnt worth more than those 8 characters (7 letters + the space).

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 09:36 PM
I know thats your style but it wouldn't be right for me to say something when they have been very supportive.

Except in public. You're being very charitable to weasels. All their support has caveats. I get a sense of relief you're taking all the heat.

coachmastermind
08-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Apa- thanks for your apology. An apology and a promise to be more responsible in all future reports is all that should have been needed both from the Orangmane's perspective and from the Broncos.

Your fellow OM training camp reporters should be standing up with you, rather than bending over and agreeing with the Broncos over-reaction, and stating that they are correct in the steps they’ve taken.

As far as Bowlen not being newsworthy enough to have even been photographed on the sidelines is laughable! He is an NFL owner, one of only 32 in the entire world, standing on the sidelines of a public practice, of his multi-million dollar franchise, that he’s made many newsworthy changes to. Yet,you don’t think he should be photographed, or that he isn't newsworthy?... no one forced him to purchase an NFL franchise nor did they force him into the public spotlight, nor did they force him into making huge offseason and headline drawing moves, nor was he forced to walk out onto the field in front of the public... it wasn't like Apa was the paparazzi following him into clubs, or stalking him outside his mansion. He’s outside at his practice.

All this over the word "gutless"... easily an over-reaction to pull credentials, and sad some are agreeing this was an appropriate step.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 09:37 PM
See, you rambled on and on after this part of the post and it was the very first sentence.

This was all you needed to say. Its a powerful phrase my friend :) I use it all the time, or some derivation of it.

Smartest thing you've said all day;D:thumbs:

JJJ
08-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Sounds like Bowlen lived up to his caption. Seems he is quite thin skinned underneath all that fur.

I am a Bolt fan but the Mane deserves better!

If a little sucking up doesn't get your creds back, then go postal and get Woody to get your credentials back. Ratchet up heat with your media brothers.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Except in public. You're being very charitable to weasels. All their support has caveats. I get a sense of relief you're taking all the heat.

Figures you'd be a pu$$y in public. Why is that not surprising.

Jagrego
08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
Do 10 push-ups an get back in there!

SoCalBronco
08-02-2009, 09:44 PM

Rep. LOL

ghwk
08-02-2009, 09:44 PM

i think that is where various members of the Mane are lost right now. By being extended press passes the Broncos are requesting a level of professionalism from the mane journalists. I doubt they are thrilled by subsequent anti Bowlen etc posts but I alos don't think that is what they are trying to regulate here. Mane Media act professional, the rest of us can be our usual selves. The two shouldn't be confused.

TheReverend
08-02-2009, 09:45 PM
i think that is where various members of the Mane are lost right now. By being extended press passes the Broncos are requesting a level of professionalism from the mane journalists. I doubt they are thrilled by subsequent anti Bowlen etc posts but I alos don't think that is what they are trying to regulate here. Mane Media act professional, the rest of us can be our usual selves. The two shouldn't be confused.

But who cares? The camp reports were great before the passes and they'll be great after.

As for my original "who cares" question, I suppose that's for TJ to decide, but, in my opinion, **** them for judging something they don't understand.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Why is it not a suprise that the arguments in this thread break down along the lines of those who supported Bowlen's move to fire Shanahan, and those who decried the decision?

A lot of people who think they know something about this aren't aware of all the phone calls and discussions that have taken place behind the scenes. That's ok. That's really what this site is about: taking the available information, and then discussing it from your perspective. I'm not afraid of being criticized for my role in this, and take my share of responsibility for creating this situation. Further, I believe that at the end of the day, the site will come out ahead, however it plays out. We've been around since 2001 without the help of the Broncos. The site continues to grow in popularity faster than I can keep up with. This is nothing but a bump in the road... a piece of the journey.

80smith
08-02-2009, 09:47 PM
Why is it not a suprise that the arguments in this thread break down along the lines of those who supported Bowlen's move to fire Shanahan, and those who decried the decision?

A lot of people who think they know something about this aren't aware of all the phone calls and discussions that have taken place behind the scenes. That's ok. That's really what this site is about: taking the available information, and then discussing it from your perspective. I'm not afraid of being criticized for my role in this, and take my share of responsibility for creating this situation. Further, I believe that at the end of the day, the site will come out ahead, however it plays out. We've been around since 2001 without the help of the Broncos. The site continues to grow in popularity faster than I can keep up with. This is nothing but a bump in the road... a piece of the journey.

Can I say something?..... I like this site...... That is all.....

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 09:48 PM
They just want professionalism from our guys when they're inside the rope line. That's not what they got. I don't blame them whatsover with their decision. If I was in The Broncos' shoes, I'd have done the same thing. I just hope that it doesn't end our relationship with the Broncos, because it certainly doesn't end the aspirations for our site. We're going to continue to expand our coverage of the Broncos, with or without the access. It may be that covering them from the perspective of an outsider site works out better for us - who knows?

I'd much rather maintain friendly ties with the organization, and hope that we can put this behind us as a learning experience. If not, then we move ahead without ties to the Broncos organization except the ones where our hearts are...TJ, while I respect that you're donating your time and resources to running the site, and I tend to appreciate your even-keeled POV; the first line of professionalism that was breached is the lack of editorial review (yes, that delays things, but so what?). Apa didn't make a mistake, you (or whoever) did by not setting professional guidelines for the camp reports. This might not be slithering in the grass so to speak (a gross mischaracterization), but I'm a bit embarrassed that you're not (or any other camp reporters--I'd hope there'd be some sense of "I should have said something") owning up to the loosey-goosey management of the camp the reports which led to not only the press credentials being pulled but a poster/reporter feeling so ashamed he felt he needed to leave a community he has 17000 some contributions in. Own it.

tsiguy96
08-02-2009, 09:48 PM

i kinda agree that if fear of losing a press pass makes you guys edit your content, well **** it, dump the press pass and keep doing waht youre doing. dont fans have a better view anyway

ghwk
08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
But who cares? The camp reports were great before the passes and they'll be great after.

As for my original "who cares" question, I suppose that's for TJ to decide, but, in my opinion, **** them for judging something they don't understand.

I think parts of the Mane care Rev. They are trying to increase the service to the rest of us goofballs by trying to cover the broncs in a different way. Maybe not better but different, actually I think having access to player interviews is kinda cool.

Whether I agree or not they can judge it and take action as they see fit. I do think it was over the top, warn first, punish later.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I fart in your general direction.

Your little tirade here drowned out my bashing of Zach a-hole.

I'll step it up to a major tirade - depending on what I see from here on out.

Ambiguous
08-02-2009, 09:50 PM
I hear ya, bro...I can't get enough of those gutless drunk comments. I mean, the first thousand times they were really funny, but the next 10,000 have been off the chart hilarious. If you can't slander someone over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over...it's not worth coming here.

<rolleyes>

You're missing the point...

If you don't like beating "gutless drunk" comments to death, you should stop coming here because we are just way too below your particular brand condescending banter. If you don't like it, fine, you don't have to read it - but I suspect that most people come here to read content posted from a FAN's perspective; even if that is one that comes from a group of idiots posting gutless drunk and AIDS dick comments ad nausem.

Even if that isn't what you are looking for, it's the cost you pay for 'free' content.

Boobs McGee
08-02-2009, 09:51 PM
tj, while i respect that you're donating your time and resources to running the site, and i tend to appreciate your even-keeled pov; the first line of professionalism that was breached is the lack of editorial review (yes, that delays things, but so what?). Apa didn't make a mistake, you (or whoever) did by not setting professional guidelines for the camp reports. This might not be slithering in the grass so to speak (a gross mischaracterization), but i'm a bit embarrassed that you're not (or any other camp reporters--i'd hope there'd be some sense of "i should have said something") owning up to the loosey-goosey management of the camp the reports which led to not only the press credentials being pulled but a poster/reporter feeling so ashamed he felt he needed to leave a community he has 17000 some contributions in. Own it.

qft.

DarkHorse
08-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Sorry to hear that it was taken out of context. I wouldn't delete the account, that's just foolish IMO. It was an "inside" joke and ended there - what about all the press this year that is critical to the Broncos organization?

ghwk
08-02-2009, 09:53 PM

Actually the pro or con Bowlen history never entered my mind. I think this is a learning for us in how to play with the organization and the possible clout bigger media outlets have and that is all. I also think the the board will be the better for it in the long run.

lex
08-02-2009, 09:53 PM
This post is being delayed pending approval of Pat Bowlen and the Denver Broncos.

Popps
08-02-2009, 09:54 PM
Why is it not a suprise that the arguments in this thread break down along the lines of those who supported Bowlen's move to fire Shanahan, and those who decried the decision?.

Yea, I don't think the organization had a problem with the OM's credentials because someone posted an eloquently-written disagreement with the principle moves the team has made in the off-season.

The irony here is how his started, and how it ended... and how so very much we're seeing different demeanors from a select group of people.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 09:55 PM
TJ, while I respect that you're donating your time and resources to running the site, and I tend to appreciate your even-keeled POV; the first line of professionalism that was breached is the lack of editorial review (yes, that delays things, but so what?). Apa didn't make a mistake, you (or whoever) did by not setting professional guidelines for the camp reports. This might not be slithering in the grass so to speak (a gross mischaracterization), but I'm a bit embarrassed that you're not (or any other camp reporters--I'd hope there'd be some sense of "I should have said something") owning up to the loosey-goosey management of the camp the reports which led to not only the press credentials being pulled but a poster/reporter feeling so ashamed he felt he needed to leave a community he has 17000 some contributions in. Own it.

We discussed that and decided that we were all professional enough not to need a peer review of reports. Apa's comment wasn't unprofessional either in the context he put it in. It was taken at face value without knowing the history. Kind of hard to fault the Broncos for that and yet we are being blamed for "taking their side" as opposed to just understanding their side. If you look at the reports out side of one questionable word, there is no reason to have them table-topped and approved thru some sort of peer review process. It's never been a problem before. We've reported accurately to include the negative, and we've been professional in the eyes of the Mane and the Broncos. Making everyone happy is neither possible nor was it our goal.

lex
08-02-2009, 09:56 PM
We discussed that and decided that we were all professional enough not to need a peer review of reports. Apa's comment wasn't unprofessional either in the context he put it in. It was taken at face value without knowing the history. Kind of hard to fault the Broncos for that and yet we are being blamed for "taking their side" as opposed to just understanding their side. If you look at the reports out side of one questionable word, there is no reason to have them table-topped and approved thru some sort of peer review process. It's never been a problem before. We've reported accurately to include the negative, and we've been professional in the eyes of the Mane and the Broncos. Making everyone happy is neither possible nor was it our goal.

This post is being delayed pending approval of Pat Bowlen and the Denver Broncos.

TheDave
08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Like it or not... There is a different level of responsibility when you go beyond the ropes. Reporters and talking heads in the main stream media would loose their press passes also if they ran clips or pictures of Bowlen with the caption "Gutless". To us it's an inside joke, to them it a case of some one "Biting the hand that feeds them". Seems like a reasonable reaction to me. Lesson learned...

If we want eat at the grown-ups table we have to act like grown-ups.

Apa... You a good poster. Don't run off because of a mistake.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 09:58 PM
Yea, I don't think the organization had a problem with the OM's credentials because someone posted an eloquently-written disagreement with the principle moves the team has made in the off-season.

The irony here is how his started, and how it ended... and how so very much we're seeing different demeanors from a select group of people.

So this is Taco's fault b/c he started the thread originally using the gutless term? Okay. I'll buy that. It's Taco's fault. Now what?

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I bet Cito is a friend of yours too huh Rev... that would figure!

Don't try to hide behind Rev to do your dirty work, Oskie.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 10:00 PM
Like it or not... There is a different level of responsibility when you go beyond the ropes. Reporters and talking heads in the main stream media would loose their press passes also if they ran clips or pictures of Bowlen with the caption "Gutless". To us it's an inside joke, to them it a case of some one "Biting the hand that feeds them". Seems like a reasonable reaction to me. Lesson learned...

Exactly, 100% how I feel.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Don't try to hide behind Rev to do your dirty work, Oskie.

Dude are you high?

Phobia
08-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I'm no Broncos fan but I respect the work TJ and others have put into this site. I'm rarely active here any longer but I stay in touch with some of the keys through other mediums based on the relationships built here and on ChiefsPlanet. I'm disgusted by the Broncos retaliation here - so much so that I've taken a few moments to fire off feedback myself. I'm uncertain it will be taken seriously or even forwarded to the right set of eyeballs but it makes me feel partially vindicated.

This seems like a Carl Peterson type of move. Even when they restore your privileges, do NOT cow to their wishes. You have to be able to write as you see it. If they yank your pass, that's on them.

Ambiguous
08-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Even when they restore your privileges, do NOT cow to their wishes. You have to be able to write as you see it. If they yank your pass, that's on them.

This.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
fixed

You and Oskie are cyber-girlfriends?

RhymesayersDU

Uh, false.

I get that it's an inside joke, I can appreciate that. But it was unprofessional being broadcast by somebody with a press credential.

Pseudofool
We discussed that and decided that we were all professional enough not to need a peer review of reports. Apa's comment wasn't unprofessional either in the context he put it in. It was taken at face value without knowing the history. Kind of hard to fault the Broncos for that and yet we are being blamed for "taking their side" as opposed to just understanding their side. If you look at the reports out side of one questionable word, there is no reason to have them table-topped and approved thru some sort of peer review process. It's never been a problem before. We've reported accurately to include the negative, and we've been professional in the eyes of the Mane and the Broncos. Making everyone happy is neither possible nor was it our goal.While I'm happy to hear you guys discussed it, you all obviously came to the wrong conclusions (I mean, there's fallout here). A single person needs to have the hat and the responsibility of ensuring something like professionalism. Everyone makes mistakes that's why writers/reporters have editors/bosses.

To be clear, I don't mean to belittle any of your marvelous efforts, and it's not blame that I'm interested in, but rather I can't help but feel there's a lack of ownership from the camp-reporting circle, and I think Apa's intial post here is case-in-point of that. To think that someone would feel so ashamed to leave the community...clearly that person is all our Sisyphus (yes, an exaggeration, but to prove a point).

I also agree it's a bump in the road, but we shouldn't be so naive as to think such things won't happen in the future given the current method of camp reporting. This is all fine and good if we don't care about camp credentials. If I was the Broncos media people what would convince me to reinstate the credentials would be a editorial review system that had a designated point person (maybe with some actual PR or editing skills) that ran the system (just a thought).

LonghornBronco
08-02-2009, 10:06 PM
Your big mouth finally caught up with you... I hope you learned something A-hole.

LonghornBronco
08-02-2009, 10:07 PM
The mane sure did pick the wrong guy to represent them.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Uh, false.

I get that it's an inside joke, I can appreciate that. But it was unprofessional being broadcast by somebody with a press credential.

Taken in the context of "Here is your 'gutless' owner OM" vs "Pat Bowlen, the gutless one".

I get what you're saying. All I am saying is that Apa didn't mean anything other than to be funny. Obviously the Broncos aren't going to be familiar with him or know that he is one of the biggest supporters of every move they've made this offseason. I guess that's the part that makes me feel bad for Apa. He is one of the very few that has really chugged on the Orange cool-aid and he's the one writing the apology post...

Popps
08-02-2009, 10:10 PM
So this is Taco's fault b/c he started the thread originally using the gutless term? Okay. I'll buy that. It's Taco's fault. Now what?

You tell me.

It's not my site.

If it was, and I cared about a professional relationship with the organization, I might have thought about that in the first place.

What now?

That's a long, complicated discussion with a multitude of answers.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 10:12 PM
While I'm happy to hear you guys discussed it, you all obviously came to the wrong conclusions (I mean, there's fallout here). A single person needs to have the hat and the responsibility of ensuring something like professionalism. Everyone makes mistakes that's why writers/reporters have editors/bosses.

To be clear, I don't mean to belittle any of your marvelous efforts, and it's not blame that I'm interested in, but rather I can't help but feel there's a lack of ownership from the camp-reporting circle, and I think Apa's intial post here is case-in-point of that. To think that someone would feel so ashamed to leave the community...clearly that person is all our Sisyphus (yes, an exaggeration, but to prove a point).

I also agree it's a bump in the road, but we shouldn't be so naive as to think such things won't happen in the future given the current method of camp reporting. This is all fine and good if we don't care about camp credentials. If I was the Broncos media people what would convince me to reinstate the credentials would be a editorial review system that had a designated point person (maybe with some actual PR or editing skills) that ran the system (just a thought).

I don't disagree.

Cito Pelon

No, Cito is calling out posters that ragged on the Broncs unmercifully up to August are suddenly trying to present themselves as objective observers.

coachmastermind

So is Twitter media? I've read Scheffter, Eisen, Mort and Schlereth make comments via twitter that could be construed as more blatantly critical of teams, owners and current NFL players than the term "gutless".

PFT.com has NFL press credentials... look at some of crap that they write, I don't think NFL teams are out there going around yanking press passes right and left.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 10:13 PM
The mane sure did pick the wrong guy to represent them.

That's a dick move... and btw, I wore my Longhorn hat to practice today. Chris and Tim took notice. :strong:

Pseudofool
What now?

That's a long, complicated discussion with a multitude of answers.Actually, that's quite easy. You set of up an editorial review system that the Broncos media people can buy into.

I'm sure there's a volunteer with editing or pr experience around here somewhere who could read through the camp reports before they go live.

Ambiguous

I agree with you, but I'm in the camp that would rather sit at the kids table. If someone from this site starts changing their content to "eat with the grown ups" we are just getting the worst of both worlds - amateur journalism with a professional bias.

If the Broncos don't want to play ball, fine, either do I.

Boss Man
08-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I dont know. I guess i find it pretty ****in ridiculous, that someone of Bowlens "status, and value" would ever even be offended by what was written on a message board. **** is ****in pathetic. whether it was him or pr or what, this is childsplay man.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 10:16 PM
You tell me.

It's not my site.

If it was, and I cared about a professional relationship with the organization, I might have thought about that in the first place.

What now?

That's a long, complicated discussion with a multitude of answers.

You off your soap box now? I know you've said things in haste. Things you've later regretted. All you can do is learn from it and move on. If you're looking for an apology from Taco for posting that thread, I doubt you'd get one. Rather, you'll probably just see him think things thru a little more in the future. Pretty sure he's allowed to make mistakes just like you or me. And show me where he's trying to let Apa take the blame here. I'd bet good money that Taco probably openly shared the blame with Nick in a private conversation, but that isn't for me or you to know.

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I dont know. I guess i find it pretty ****in ridiculous, that someone of Bowlens "status, and value" would ever even be offended by what was written on a message board. **** is ****in pathetic. whether it was him or pr or what, this is childsplay man.
I doubt Bowled even caught a whiff of this; low-level media people made the decision I'm sure.

Kaylore
08-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Hey Guys,

I feel I should say something since I was a part of what we worked to build. First let me say that I'm disappointed and I think Apa made a mistake. We were told by the Broncos PR department that they were "going to be watching us very closely" before we went this year. All the reporters had a conference call and this was explicitly outlined. I understand that Nick was being facetious with the comment and that he's actually a supporter of the owner, however that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't acting professionally. In that sense I understand why the Broncos did what they did.

Do I think Nick should be crucified? No. It was a mistake and an honest one and I think he probably feels worse than any of us do. I think if it wasn't this it would have been something else and this was likely inevitable. My Wife believes they were looking for something (and too be fair they said as much) and this was the first opportunity. Considering some of the other things that have been written here, I was frankly surprised they gave us any access at all this year. So really what little we did get just seemed like a bonus to me.

I'm actually more sad for the guys like BroncoBuff who are flying in from out of town and have never stood behind the lines to see and talk with the players. I live here and it's a seven minute drive for me. SoCal and BB bought plane tickets and reserved vacation time. It's much higher price and unfortunate there will be some limitations there.

The good news is we can still keep doing what we're doing. The fans have the best seats in the house and now we can all sit together and discuss what we're seeing. Now granted, we won't be able to move around and look at the individual drills. Install won't be seen so we can't see the blitz packages and whatnot. And we also won't get anymore sound bites. However we still can do what made this place popular and that's go to camp and report what we see. I was PMing Alec and telling him I wanted to sit in the fan section this week anyway because you can see the offensive and defensive lines better and it seems more fun.

In many respects our reporting has already changed what the team site and the local press has tried to focus on anyway. Seeing the demand we've generated, the other media upped their game in this aspect. I personally feel in that respect I've already done my job. This has come a long way from when I was a disgruntled missionary in Korea shaking his head at the worthless fluff I read on the internet. Many of you out-of-state and out-of-country folks have written me thanking us for what we provide. I've always had you guys in mind specifically.

So It's back to the old school and its going to be more fun this way anyway. I enjoyed the privilege of access to the players, but ultimately people want to know how the team looks and is going to perform. We have a lot of people doing that this year and now we can all sit together and cheer like we want to. So let's keep this place going and enjoy discussing Broncos football.

Hugs and kisses,
Khan :haw!:

thumpc
08-02-2009, 10:20 PM
If the Mane had not been kicked out of camp I'd have to go find a board that was.

Broncoman13
You and Oskie are cyber-girlfriends?

Cito, go find these posts that you are referring to, the ones where I "ragged unmercifully on the Broncos". For every one post that I "ragged" on them, I will find you ten where I supported them.

ghwk
You off your soap box now? I know you've said things in haste. Things you've later regretted. All you can do is learn from it and move on. If you're looking for an apology from Taco for posting that thread, I doubt you'd get one. Rather, you'll probably just see him think things thru a little more in the future. Pretty sure he's allowed to make mistakes just like you or me. And show me where he's trying to let Apa take the blame here. I'd bet good money that Taco probably openly shared the blame with Nick in a private conversation, but that isn't for me or you to know.

Rep.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 10:22 PM
Figures you'd be a pu$$y in public. Why is that not surprising.

I've been busting your ass in public for a couple days now. Only a pansy like yourself thinks otherwise.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 10:22 PM
No, Cito is calling out posters that ragged on the Broncs unmercifully up to August are suddenly trying to present themselves as objective observers.

This whole discussion is going over your head.

The one thing that we're not, nor ever will represent ourselves to be, is objective observers. This site is about the fan perspective, and what is best for the Broncos organization from that perspective. We're not guys hired out of journalist school to cover the local team. We're fans who have invested heart and soul into the organization, and are covering it from that perspective.

I'm not an objective observer whatsoever. I am an observer who wants what is best for the Broncos. This means that when something happens that I think is in the Broncos worst interest, I'll voice it. And when it's something that I think is REALLY REALLY REALLY bad for the Broncos, I might voice it rashly.

Maybe we don't belong behind the press lines. That might be the answer to this whole thing. I don't think it has to be like that though. I'm hoping that this isn't one strike you're done. Whatever the answer is, The Orange Mane is going to come out better for this.

ghwk
08-02-2009, 10:24 PM
I've been busting your ass in public for a couple days now. Only a pansy like yourself thinks otherwise.

And that makes you what?? A hero???

Broncoman13
Hey Guys,

I feel I should say something since I was a part of what we worked to build. First let me say that I'm disappointed and I think Apa made a mistake. We were told by the Broncos PR department that they were "going to be watching us very closely" before we went this year. All the reporters had a conference call and this was explicitly outlined. I understand that Nick was being facetious with the comment and that he's actually a supporter of the owner, however that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't acting professionally. In that sense I understand why the Broncos did what they did.

Do I think Nick should be crucified? No. It was a mistake and an honest one and I think he probably feels worse than any of us do. I think if it wasn't this it would have been something else and this was likely inevitable. My Wife believes they were looking for something (and too be fair they said as much) and this was the first opportunity. Considering some of the other things that have been written here, I was frankly surprised they gave us any access at all this year. So really what little we did get just seemed like a bonus to me.

I'm actually more sad for the guys like BroncoBuff who are flying in from out of town and have never stood behind the lines to see and talk with the players. I live here and it's a seven minute drive for me. SoCal and BB bought plane tickets and reserved vacation time. It's much higher price and unfortunate there will be some limitations there.

The good news is we can still keep doing what we're doing. The fans have the best seats in the house and now we can all sit together and discuss what we're seeing. Now granted, we won't be able to move around and look at the individual drills. Install won't be seen so we can't see the blitz packages and whatnot. And we also won't get anymore sound bites. However we still can do what made this place popular and that's go to camp and report what we see. I was PMing Alec and telling him I wanted to sit in the fan section this week anyway because you can see the offensive and defensive lines better and it seems more fun.

In many respects our reporting has already changed what the team site and the local press has tried to focus on anyway. Seeing the demand we've generated, the other media upped their game in this aspect. I personally feel in that respect I've already done my job. This has come a long way from when I was a disgruntled missionary in Korea shaking his head at the worthless fluff I read on the internet. Many of you out-of-state and out-of-country folks have written me thanking us for what we provide. I've always had you guys in mind specifically.

So It's back to the old school and its going to be more fun this way anyway. I enjoyed the privilege of access to the players, but ultimately people want to know how the team looks and is going to perform. We have a lot of people doing that this year and now we can all sit together and cheer like we want to. So let's keep this place going and enjoy discussing Broncos football.

Hugs and kisses,

Great Post. Give me a call when you want to go to camp... I've got some time to take this week. ;D

Popps
You off your soap box now? .

Soap box? Why is my opinion a soap box, and yours isn't?

Shall we do a word-count and see who's posted more in this thread?

If you're looking for an apology from Taco for posting that thread, I doubt you'd get one.

I'll sleep the same either way. He doesn't owe me anything. I never asked for any apology. I stated that it was ironic... and it is.

And show me where he's trying to let Apa take the blame here. I'd bet good money that Taco probably openly shared the blame with Nick in a private conversation, but that isn't for me or you to know.

Yea, well... here's his response...

Friendly enough. Sounds like he's giving Nick a pass for ****ing up, to me. Maybe I missed the part where he owned it 100%, and completely absolved Nick of responsibility. You're right, maybe it was done in private and it's not our business.

However, this has been posted and responded to on the main page, so... clearly someone thinks it's all of our business.

Look, Taco (and Co.) spent a long time pushing in one direction. This wasn't anything said "in haste." This stuff went on for months. That's fine. Its' a message board. Opinions are supposed to fly.

But, someone else going down for it because they actually referenced it in a very purposely sarcastic way (in other words, he didn't agree with "gutless") is very ironic.

It is what it is. You can jump to anyone's defense you'd like. I'm simply commenting on a thread on the main page just like anyone else.

Cito Pelon
TJ, while I respect that you're donating your time and resources to running the site, and I tend to appreciate your even-keeled POV; the first line of professionalism that was breached is the lack of editorial review (yes, that delays things, but so what?). Apa didn't make a mistake, you (or whoever) did by not setting professional guidelines for the camp reports. This might not be slithering in the grass so to speak (a gross mischaracterization), but I'm a bit embarrassed that you're not (or any other camp reporters--I'd hope there'd be some sense of "I should have said something") owning up to the loosey-goosey management of the camp the reports which led to not only the press credentials being pulled but a poster/reporter feeling so ashamed he felt he needed to leave a community he has 17000 some contributions in. Own it.

That's a good point.

coachmastermind
08-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Hey Guys,

Hugs and kisses,

Thank you for some perspective.

bronco610
08-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Apa, dont beat yourself up over a decision prob. made by a lower employee on the totem poll. Chances are slim Bowlen, McD or anyone of any importance even knows about this. As for everyone else, now would be the time to make the biggest stink. Whether it is the media recognized stories about Meck and his bus, the tailgates, or anything else this site has stood for. Bombard the Broncos in the media or by emails and faxes. Bring it to the attention of someone upstairs who counts. As I said this decision was almost surley made below even middle management.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 10:26 PM

You're kind of a loser so I don't usually read your posts. :peace:

TheDave
08-02-2009, 10:27 PM
So is Twitter media? I've read Scheffter, Eisen, Mort and Schlereth make comments via twitter that could be construed as more blatantly critical of teams, owners and current NFL players than the term "gutless".

PFT.com has NFL press credentials... look at some of crap that they write, I don't think NFL teams are out there going around yanking press passes right and left.

First off, I have no idea if they have said worse or not. More importantly, None of our guys are Schefter, Eisen, Mortenson, or Schlereth. Nor is the Orangemane.com comparable to ESPN or the NFL Network. Like it or not these are professional journalist who have done their job for years and have MAJOR networks backing them. On top of that they have a team of editors and Lawyers overseeing everything they say.

We're a very small fish in a very big pond and just took a swipe at the owner.

Like I said... Lesson Learned.

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 10:35 PM
We were told by the Broncos PR department that they were "going to be watching us very closely" before we went this year. All the reporters had a conference call and this was explicitly outlined. I understand that Nick was being facetious with the comment and that he's actually a supporter of the owner, however that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't acting professionally. In that sense I understand why the Broncos did what they did.K, you know I appreciate your thoughtfulness on all things Broncos, but... Knowing that the Broncos would be watching you closely makes the lack of some review system even worse. I'm sure the threshold of a 'mistake' was very low with the Broncos. If Apa hadn't made this mistake, someone else might have stumbled unexpectedly as well. Reporters shouldn't be trusted with their own professionalism; there job is to report, not clean up their act. :)

Something to consider: How long did Apa's picture and caption exist before any of the other reporters or site managers thought it was unprofessional?

I feel like I'm a lone drummer in a marching band, but I think there is a lot of disavowal going on here.

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Actually, that's quite easy. You set of up an editorial review system that the Broncos media people can buy into.

I'm sure there's a volunteer with editing or pr experience around here somewhere who could read through the camp reports before they go live.

You do realize that if these guys have to have their reports "proofread" by another person (an "editor") before they're posted, it will significantly delay them time-wise? These reports draw so much traffic to the site.... and people already are impatient ("where's the ***ing training camp report?"). Even though the complaints are tongue-in-cheek, do we really want or need for proofreading to delay the reports? I think they are... and have always been... just fine as the writers post them..

SoDak Bronco
08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I don't blame the Broncos, pretty big slap in the face, giving a Blog team press passes, you have to be aware of the consequences of a comment like that.

SoDak Bronco
08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
As for leavin the board, dude, its not the end of the world, can't do anything about it at this point, live and learn.

SouthStndJunkie
08-02-2009, 10:39 PM
We were told by the Broncos PR department that they were "going to be watching us very closely" before we went this year. All the reporters had a conference call and this was explicitly outlined. I understand that Nick was being facetious with the comment and that he's actually a supporter of the owner, however that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't acting professionally. In that sense I understand why the Broncos did what they did.

Want to know what I think?

****'em....this site was not built just to walk around on egg shells, being ever so sensitive not to offend the golden goose.

If they are watching 'closely' then they can read this post and suck on these nuts.

Pat Bowlen probably has no idea about this. If you said Orange Mane to him, he would probably look in the mirror and ask if he stayed in the tanning booth too long. I am sure this was some little PR goon with a chip on his shoulder.

Part of the beauty of the forum/site and all of us is the freedom to express our views with out being censored. Entering the realm of 'professional media' automatically allowed the Broncos to wrap their corporate hands around the Mane's collective balls....and they decided to squeeze tight in a show of power.

Personally, I would move in other direction. We don't need to apologize and get on our knees to make it right. This is a fan site. Sit in the stands with the masses and let your opinions be known and write the reports there. Getting to stand with the media and all that **** is not worth it if you have to cower around like a beaten wife. If you start caving to the demands of the Broncos and walk that political plank....then you are being controlled....and that is not what this site is all about.

You don't need the Broncos validation to be a legitimate voice of the people.

Lights out. Guerrilla Radio....Turn that **** up!

coachmastermind
08-02-2009, 10:40 PM
First off, I have no idea if they have said worse or not. More importantly, None of our guys are Schefter, Eisen, Mortenson, or Schlereth. Nor is the Orangemane.com comparable to ESPN or the NFL Network. Like it or not these are professional journalist who have done their job for years and have MAJOR networks backing them. On top of that they have a team of editors and Lawyers overseeing everything they say.

We're a very small fish in a very big pond and just took a swipe at the owner.

Like I said... Lesson Learned.

I'm not disagreeing with you man, I think it's obvious we're hearing the Mane is on a shorter leash, and I was just stating I don't think some others, had they made a comment similar, would have had press passes revoked, and it's for the exact reasons you mentioned.

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 10:41 PM
You do realize that if these guys have to have their reports "proofread" by another person (an "editor") before they're posted, it will significantly delay them time-wise? These reports draw so much traffic to the site.... and people already are impatient ("where's the ***ing training camp report?"). Even though the complaints are tongue-in-cheek, do we really want or need for proofreading to delay the reports? I think they are... and have always been... just fine as the writers post them..
Meh. Who said proofread? Grammar is for sissies. Having someone who's on-call that day to read over a post for professionalism would take less than five minutes for each report. Editing does not equal proofreading (how sheepish of you).

McDman
08-02-2009, 10:43 PM
I don't think this will really matter in the end. Honestly the only thing we'll not get are the soundbites, but who really cares about those. While they are interesting, I'd much rather just read about what is going on during TC.

You guys are doing a hell of a job so keep it up.