PDA

View Full Version : Fellow Maners I am So Sorry

Pages : 1 [2]

NUB
08-02-2009, 09:43 PM
[Post deleted by Pat Bowlen]

Pseudofool
I don't blame the Broncos, pretty big slap in the face, giving a Blog team press passes, you have to be aware of the consequences of a comment like that.
Who is the you in this case? Apa? TJ? The training camp reporters? All of us?

Again, how long did this caption exist on the site before the crap hit the fan?

How many "should have known better types" read over it and said nothing?

Cito Pelon
Dude are you high?

I'm tired of you running your mouth about how bad the Broncs would be up til August, now you're trying to pretend like you're some kind of objective god.

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Meh. Who said proofread? Grammar is for sissies. Having someone who's on-call that day to read over a post for professionalism would take less than five minutes for each report. Editing does not equal proofreading (how sheepish of you).

What's the point in adding a layer of bureaucracy then if you're not talking about a real proofreader or editor who presumably could have and would have taken out the one word that some team PR guy found offensive? Our training camp reporters do a fine job without having a "nanny" looking over their shoulder... or delaying the posting of the report by even 5 minutes. JMHO.

TheDave
08-02-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm tired of you running your mouth about how bad the Broncs would be up til August, now you're trying to pretend like you're some kind of objective god.

Jesus... let it go.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Soap box? Why is my opinion a soap box, and yours isn't?

Well because it's me and not you, obviously.

Shall we do a word-count and see who's posted more in this thread?

Yes, you do it though and let me know what you come up with...k? Cuz I care. A lot. Seriously. ;D

I'll sleep the same either way. He doesn't owe me anything. I never asked for any apology. I stated that it was ironic... and it is.

Karma is a biatch sometimes. Truer words have never been spoken. We have a pretty good mix of folks here on the Mane and doing the camp reports. SoCal and TJ are pretty opposing when it comes to the moves we've seen in the past 7 months. Montrose and I are pretty even keel. I like a lot of them, didn't care for some of the others... and then realize that some will take a long while to figure out. I think you have to try and not be afraid to fail to make things happen. So with that in mind I try to understand a lot of our moves. Then you have Nick who supported every single move and stated that Bowlen and McD have never made a mistake... though he was joking, that is close to how supportive he's been this offseason. Anyhow, if TJ wanted a slanted view he wouldn't have chose people like myself, Kaylore, Apa, and Montrose to report on the Broncos. We've been way to positive... but that wasn't what he was looking for. Just some good reports that were justifiable based on observations. I think that we've done just that and even the main stream media is starting to pick up on it. In fact, I'll make you a bet on the side... PM coming shortly.

Yea, well... here's his response...

Nick, take it easy - there's no reason to beat yourself up too much over this.

I know that this is a blow, but I promise you that something good will come of this, whether it happens now or it happens years from now. I'm taking the long view on this, and didn't expect that the Mane's road to legitimacy wasn't going to come without any bumps in the road.

This is not the end of our coverage. This is not the end of my dreams for the site. It's just a road bump that put a serious bruise on our butt. That bruise will heal, and we'll come out better for it.

Take a break, buddy, and when you're ready to come back, your account and friends will all still be here waiting for you.

Friendly enough. Sounds like he's giving Nick a pass for ****ing up, to me. Maybe I missed the part where he owned it 100%, and completely absolved Nick of responsibility. You're right, maybe it was done in private and it's not our business.

Don't know, don't care. Nick is a stand up dude and probably knows the deal either way. I don't think TJ needs to call him and let him know that he was partly responsible for starting the thread 7 months ago, Nick can probably figure that out on his own.

However, this has been posted and responded to on the main page, so... clearly someone thinks it's all of our business.

I think Nick felt obligated to let everyone know that he was at least partly responsible for "losing" access to the players for interviews. Had he asked me or anybody else, we most likely would have said to just let Taco post something or keep it in house. Not sure why everyone needed to know the specifics???

Look, Taco (and Co.) spent a long time pushing in one direction. This wasn't anything said "in haste." This stuff went on for months. That's fine. Its' a message board. Opinions are supposed to fly.

Taco does his best to try and not over moderate the board. He pulled the thread much too late and still took abuse for it. My guess, it was probably something he wished would just go away and by closing it, it would have just drawn more attention to it. Just my opinion though.

But, someone else going down for it because they actually referenced it in a very purposely sarcastic way (in other words, he didn't agree with "gutless") is very ironic.

That's what sucks most about this whole thing... that and the fact that it was the team's biggest supporter that is being called to the carpet for it.

It is what it is. You can jump to anyone's defense you'd like. I'm simply commenting on a thread on the main page just like anyone else.

I think there are a lot of people that are defendable here. I wouldn't have engaged in this thread at all if I didn't think it worthy of my time. I'd much rather be in bed right now than spending hours on the OM... such is life.

Killericon
08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
So I guess this means "Pat Bowlen" isn't Pat Bowlen?

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 09:50 PM

Then go to bed loser...

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 09:52 PM
What's the point in adding a layer of bureaucracy then if you're not talking about a real proofreader or editor who presumably could have and would have taken out the one word that some team PR guy found offensive? Our training camp reporters do a fine job without having a "nanny" looking over their shoulder... or delaying the posting of the report by even 5 minutes. JMHO.The bureaucracy of one. Ha. Obviously a nanny was needed. All reporters are babies even the ones that no one hears cry.

Meck77
08-02-2009, 09:52 PM
I need a drink after reading the last few pages.

Pat you are a mack daddy pimp and don't let anyone tell you differently! :pimp:

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 09:56 PM
The bureaucracy of one. Ha. Obviously a nanny was needed. All reporters are babies even the ones that no one hears cry.

If you believe "a nanny was obviously needed", then apparently you haven't been paying much attention to what the guys who go to training camp said. You know... the part about how the team was just looking for any excuse to revoke the press passes anyway and this was probably going to happen regardless.

The guys do a great job and oversight of their reports is unnecessary... and (IMHO) a stupid idea.

Cmac821
08-02-2009, 09:59 PM
So they wouldn't like the "he is a Gutless Drunk" thread either?

I remember reading the caption and I took as a reference to the above thread I mentioned, can't say I thought went to far.

The mane has lived many years without passes so everything will be fine

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 10:00 PM
I don't think this will really matter in the end. Honestly the only thing we'll not get are the soundbites, but who really cares about those. While they are interesting, I'd much rather just read about what is going on during TC.

You guys are doing a hell of a job so keep it up.

There are several closed practices this year, open only to those with media access. You guys are now dependent on Kiz, Klis, and a few others. Hopefully Gray keeps up the good work on those days, but a lot of his stuff from today was propaganda at best. "Orton throws a beautiful pass to Gaffney streaking down the sideline only to have SuperDawkins flight out from nowhere to bat down the impressive bullet." Meh, in truth it would have been a sack and Orton moved up and made a poor decision to throw into coverage and Dawkins missed an easy INT. Hopefully we don't get too much more of that.

Natedogg
08-02-2009, 10:02 PM
There are several closed practices this year, open only to those with media access. You guys are now dependent on Kiz, Klis, and a few others. Hopefully Gray keeps up the good work on those days, but a lot of his stuff from today was propaganda at best. "Orton throws a beautiful pass to Gaffney streaking down the sideline only to have SuperDawkins flight out from nowhere to bat down the impressive bullet." Meh, in truth it would have been a sack and Orton moved up and made a poor decision to throw into coverage and Dawkins missed an easy INT. Hopefully we don't get too much more of that.

Like Mile High Report. :/

TheDave
08-02-2009, 10:03 PM
If you believe "a nanny was obviously needed", then apparently you haven't been paying much attention to what the guys who go to training camp said. You know... the part about how the team was just looking for any excuse to revoke the press passes anyway and this was probably going to happen regardless.

The guys do a great job and oversight of their reports is unnecessary... and (IMHO) a stupid idea.

I 100% agree... IF we want to continue doing reports from the fans section.

On the other hand if we want the additional access that a press pass delivers then we need to play by a new set of rules. Those rules would certainly require some type of editorial oversight.

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 10:03 PM
You know... the part about how the team was just looking for any excuse to revoke the press passes anyway and this was probably going to happen regardless. Yeah, that's been substantiated. Because the Broncos gave them credentials to simply take them away! I don't doubt there was a low threshold of professionalism, but let's drop the conspiracy stuff.
The guys do a great job and oversight of their reports is unnecessary... and (IMHO) a stupid idea.Again what are the drawbacks of single person oversight? An hour delay, at most! We could turn posts around like nothing if we know what we are looking for (as editors). Like 5-15 minutes, if we designate people who we know will be on the computer that day.

Obviously you don't have much experience in content management or writing in general; I'd back off opining about what you don't have much expertise in. (Esp. calling another posters' sincere efforts to help out stupid; it's is just classless.)

Taco John
08-02-2009, 10:04 PM
Who is the you in this case? Apa? TJ? The training camp reporters? All of us?

Again, how long did this caption exist on the site before the crap hit the fan?

How many "should have known better types" read over it and said nothing?

For what it's worth, I agree that having a pair of eyes on "official" content is a good idea. This whole concept of covering the team from the explicit perspective of the fan is a new thing. I've said it once, I'll say it again: this is nothing but a bump in the road. Nobody should be hanging their head in shame and leaving the site over the error. Nor should we expect the Broncos to understand the culture of this site and understand the context of the jokes on this site.

This is just another episode in the storied history of this place. We can still cover the Broncos from a fan perspective without press access, ESPEICALLY in this day and age.

Natedogg
08-02-2009, 10:05 PM
Just wanted to say thanks again to all the camp reporters. Esp Apa for manning up. I feel I completly understand the situation, TJ's "post #3" explained it perfectly. I'll continue waiting intently every day for the Mane's camp report.

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 10:07 PM
For what it's worth, I agree that having a pair of eyes on "official" content is a good idea. This whole concept of covering the team from the explicit perspective of the fan is a new thing. I've said it once, I'll say it again: this is nothing but a bump in the road. Nobody should be hanging their head in shame and leaving the site over the error. Nor should we expect the Broncos to understand the culture of this site and understand the context of the jokes on this site.

This is just another episode in the storied history of this place. We can cover the Broncos from a fan perspective without press access, ESPEICALLY in this day and age.
Good, I was worried that we felt this was an aberration and not a fault the system put in place. Thanks for the FWIW.

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 10:11 PM
Yeah, that's been substantiated. Because the Broncos gave them credentials to simply take them away! I don't doubt there was a low threshold of professionalism, but let's drop the conspiracy stuff.
Again what are the drawbacks of single person oversight? An hour delay, at most! We could turn posts around like nothing if we know what we are looking for (as editors). Like 5-15 minutes, if we designate people who we know will be on the computer that day.

Obviously you don't have much experience in content management or writing in general; I'd back off opining about what you don't have much expertise in. (Esp. calling another posters' sincere efforts to help out stupid; it's is just classless.)

I'll take the word of those who were there and dealt with the team brass over yours.

Please keep your speculation about my personal background to yourself... you don't know me, so the odds of your being wrong are astronomical.

I still think our camp reporters have been doing an excellent job for literally years without official oversight and delaying those reports at all is going to frustrate a lot of people who are sitting and hitting "refresh" on the page every few minutes as they eagerly await the new threads.

Inkana7
08-02-2009, 10:14 PM
Is that even a legal move by the Broncos? I might look into that if I were you, Taco.

Los Broncos
08-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Sorry to hear that Apa, but its not something you need to leave the board over.

Take care of yourself.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Is that even a legal move by the Broncos? I might look into that if I were you, Taco.

Yes, it was perfectly legal. They don't owe us anything, least of all press access. And yes, we owed them a little more professionalism for that access. This specific issue was addressed during our Training Camp Reporter meeting, and emphasized again and again that the Broncos would be looking at us closely and evaluating what we do with that access. But even with this being made as a special point of emphasis during our meeting, it's too easy for someone to put on their "just having fun with this" hat and forget that what is being said is going to be scrutinized by eyes who don't understand the context. This is where an editorial review of Orange Mane official content comes into the picture. It's a good idea, even if it slows us down a little, and it's something that I'll be able to implement virtually overnight as I have a new front page already on the rails and am just working on finishing touches to it.

BroncoFaith
08-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Who closed move moved that thread that you started? The one where you came up with the nickname?

Did the Bowlen, Gutless Drunk thread get closed?
Maybe it was a first step in showing the Broncos the Mane is trustworthy.
I personally would prefer a fan's perspective, instead of a 'franchise friendly' message board.

Dudeskey
08-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that happened. But really? Leave the boards, man? Take Taco's advice & take a little hiatus from the mane. **** happens, you learn from it and move forward...™

McDman
08-02-2009, 10:34 PM

Will you guys not be able to do the reports from the fan sections? I agree, I don't like the mainstream media's reports, they are watered down and do not go into nearly as much interesting detail.

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Did the Bowlen, Gutless Drunk thread get closed?
Maybe it was a first step in showing the Broncos the Mane is trustworthy.
I personally would prefer a fan's perspective, instead of a 'franchise friendly' message board.

Me, too. If one wants nothing but "franchise friendly" stuff, there's always the official team site.

RMT
08-02-2009, 10:37 PM
so are the Broncos suspending press privileges for the Post, too? there are a sufficient number of disgusting and degrading articles (Kizla comes to mind) that have been written the past several weeks that warrant their privleges being suspended if the OM press privileges are.

tnedator
08-02-2009, 10:39 PM

Yea, I was just reading a post by someone who was at practice, and said the same thing about what Gray wrote, that play and one other. On that play, he said that Orton stepped up to avoid a sack and made a bad decision on the throw.

Not getting the interviews and recordings will be a loss, but I also read in a number of your reports, "we couldn't really see ______, because where the press was we didn't have as good a view as the fans. Getting back into the fan section, while having some loss of access, might give you the viewing perspective to give us the best reports.

Regardless, keep up the good work.

Pezman
08-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Want to know what I think?

****'em....this site was not built just to walk around on egg shells, being ever so sensitive not to offend the golden goose.

If they are watching 'closely' then they can read this post and suck on these nuts.

Pat Bowlen probably has no idea about this. If you said Orange Mane to him, he would probably look in the mirror and ask if he stayed in the tanning booth too long. I am sure this was some little PR goon with a chip on his shoulder.

Part of the beauty of the forum/site and all of us is the freedom to express our views with out being censored. Entering the realm of 'professional media' automatically allowed the Broncos to wrap their corporate hands around the Mane's collective balls....and they decided to squeeze tight in a show of power.

Personally, I would move in other direction. We don't need to apologize and get on our knees to make it right. This is a fan site. Sit in the stands with the masses and let your opinions be known and write the reports there. Getting to stand with the media and all that **** is not worth it if you have to cower around like a beaten wife. If you start caving to the demands of the Broncos and walk that political plank....then you are being controlled....and that is not what this site is all about.

You don't need the Broncos validation to be a legitimate voice of the people.

Lights out. Guerrilla Radio....Turn that **** up!

**** man, I was gonna type out something nowhere near as cool as this... SSJ sums it up well. Screw the organization. Pussies cant take some message board criticism? Nazis man... hahahahaa

BroncoFaith
08-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Me, too. If one wants nothing but "franchise friendly" stuff, there's always the official team site.

Ain't this the truth.
I can't tell you how many times I've gone to that site and thought 'what complete fluff this is'
I come here as much for the personal opinions and fan perspective as much as I do for entertainment like this thread.
I would hate to see the individuality and opinions here tempered by something like this.

Rock Chalk
08-02-2009, 10:43 PM
I'll take the word of those who were there and dealt with the team brass over yours.

Please keep your speculation about my personal background to yourself... you don't know me, so the odds of your being wrong are astronomical.

I still think our camp reporters have been doing an excellent job for literally years without official oversight and delaying those reports at all is going to frustrate a lot of people who are sitting and hitting "refresh" on the page every few minutes as they eagerly await the new threads.

You are completely wrong Blue, completely wrong.

IF the Mane is trying to be a more professional "media" source where they are getting press passes, then there absolutely SHOULD HAVE BEEN oversight in place.

The ****ing people can wait an extra 30 minutes to an hour for a little more professionalism and EXTRA content that we otherwise would not receive.

OSKIE made a great point about closed practices available ONLY to the media. Had some professional oversight been on through these camp reports - IF that is the direction Taco really wants to go - then the Orangemane would have had extremely good content when all other avenues were closed.

Now, Mile High Report is going to have that content almost exclusively and while I *like* MHR, the writer really isnt that knowledgeable or descriptive and sounds more and more like a mainstream douche writer (not as a person mind you).

Now if this was just to get a bit more access and Taco doesnt really care about making this a media hub for Broncos news thats one thing and the professionalism can slide out the window.

But why the **** should any organization allow unprofessional "media hacks" press passes?

Your entire argument is retarded and off base.

Hogan11
08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
Wow...just wow.

DarkHorse30
08-02-2009, 10:47 PM
First, ApaOps5 don't dig a hole for yourself and then jump in (unless it's a foxhole, of course). Your comment/dig(!) at Bowlen is fair game.....there is a LARGE portion of Denver's fanbase that is not happy with his actions (re: trading Cutler)......so why would a blog/the press NOT take a few shots at the owner for these actions?

Second, the Denver PR dept. has every right to pull credentials on anybody they like.....but they should realize that THEY have to live with the way they responded. It will only boil back on them, because fans are hyper-critical of any sport, and to refuse to recognize that is naive and dumb. My guess is that some new staffer made a stupid judgement call.....I doubt Bowlen is upset. I would blame the staff.

Third, they may only be sending a message, and respond with in a few days with your creds back.

Fourth, Bowlen is from Canada. Need I say more....eh?

Fifth, I bet nobody on this board wants you to go and sit in the corner for 5 months.

Sassy
08-02-2009, 10:49 PM

Agreed!

Meck77
08-02-2009, 10:51 PM
They should move camp back to Greeley. Back then it was just about guys hitting on each other getting ready for another playoff run.

Dove Valley is a circus.

OBF1
08-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Who freekin cares? I never found a single audio or video report anywhere, So all I ever read was the reports, just like the past few years that the guys have been doing it.

I will still sit back and wait to hear the reports they give us when they attend. Lets face it, the fan section is more friendly anyways. You go guys.

Taco John
08-02-2009, 11:03 PM
TJ, while I respect that you're donating your time and resources to running the site, and I tend to appreciate your even-keeled POV; the first line of professionalism that was breached is the lack of editorial review (yes, that delays things, but so what?). Apa didn't make a mistake, you (or whoever) did by not setting professional guidelines for the camp reports. This might not be slithering in the grass so to speak (a gross mischaracterization), but I'm a bit embarrassed that you're not (or any other camp reporters--I'd hope there'd be some sense of "I should have said something") owning up to the loosey-goosey management of the camp the reports which led to not only the press credentials being pulled but a poster/reporter feeling so ashamed he felt he needed to leave a community he has 17000 some contributions in. Own it.

Maybe this will make it clear: I take full responsibility for this event. The entire rigamarole has been a learning experience for me. It's a situation that I created. My apologies are to Nick, and my other reporters who I put out on the front lines in hopes that they might be able to self edit. In a less controversial year, this probably would have been ok. In the most controversial year in Broncos history, it clearly did not work out ok. This is my fault on many levels. I accept full responsibility for this event.

The good news is, it's an easy problem to remedy. I've almost got everything we need in place for a more formal editorial process. I'm working on finishing touches even tonight.

The bad news is that this might be a "one strike you're done" on the part of the Broncos. Even if that's the case, we can live with that. Having press access isn't what has made this site work since 2001. Having a diverse group of opinionated and passionate Broncos fans is what has made this site work for so long, and what will keep this place going for another decade and beyond.

This is all some exciting drama for a boring Sunday night, but at the end of the day, it's really just a bump in the road for us. The Orange Mane is The Orange Mane. We are what we are, and we're going to be just fine.

worm
08-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Well this is a trainwreck of a thread.

Blueflame
08-02-2009, 11:27 PM
You are completely wrong Blue, completely wrong.

IF the Mane is trying to be a more professional "media" source where they are getting press passes, then there absolutely SHOULD HAVE BEEN oversight in place.

The ****ing people can wait an extra 30 minutes to an hour for a little more professionalism and EXTRA content that we otherwise would not receive.

OSKIE made a great point about closed practices available ONLY to the media. Had some professional oversight been on through these camp reports - IF that is the direction Taco really wants to go - then the Orangemane would have had extremely good content when all other avenues were closed.

Now, Mile High Report is going to have that content almost exclusively and while I *like* MHR, the writer really isnt that knowledgeable or descriptive and sounds more and more like a mainstream douche writer (not as a person mind you).

Now if this was just to get a bit more access and Taco doesnt really care about making this a media hub for Broncos news thats one thing and the professionalism can slide out the window.

But why the **** should any organization allow unprofessional "media hacks" press passes?

Your entire argument is retarded and off base.

Our reports have been fine over the years, Alec... and bring more readers every single year. To be honest, if the Mane's heading toward being like the "official" site, I won't be interested in coming here.

DarkHorse30
08-02-2009, 11:33 PM
Our reports have been fine over the years, Alec... and bring more readers every single year. To be honest, if the Mane's heading toward being like the "official" site, I won't be interested in coming here.

Bingo. There are only 2 writers I respected in the Big Denver papers (Schefter and Rascizer). Orangemane TC reports and reporters are great because they aren't lazy hack writers, they are interested in what they are doing and they know what they are talking about. One of the reasons Adam and Lee are so good is because they get good information that isn't watered down or homogenized. Twitter allows some reporters to get their info out even faster....which is the name of the game.

Broncojef
08-03-2009, 12:10 AM
Stick around Nick if we can't say exactly what we think on any given topic this board is useless. We aren't an official press source which makes the data and the talk that much better. I'd prefer listening to talk here with all views than catering to the Broncos BS. The Broncos will be ours long after Pat or whatever future owners come and go.

cutthemdown
08-03-2009, 12:19 AM
Well since everyone being so nice I will say this. Pretty stupid to think the team would allow the site access if it was going to be used to embarrass the owner of the team.

Calling someone gutless is a pretty big slam and to tell you the truth if I was the Broncos I would have probably done the same thing.

cutthemdown
08-03-2009, 12:26 AM
TACO makes a great point that he is the one responsible. He should have set some over sight up just like he said. It would have been easy for TACO to be totally pissed and blame apa, but I think it shows what a stand up man and leader he is to take responsibility.

Hopefully the Broncos will change their minds, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Still though I think pretty cool how TACO handled this situation. Kudos.

TDmvp
08-03-2009, 12:29 AM
Boy if "gutless" hurts that thin skinned Sob's feelings I guess no one should tell him what a Fing 70's flamer he looked like in that fur coat ...

Way to go all Mike Brown , Al Davis and worry about something as insignificant as a message board Pat ... You should really think about raising ticket prices and pay toilets as a encore. Maybe start removing fans from the crowd who boo or something like that to top it off .

I guess we can add Classless Drunk and Drama Queening Drunk along with Gutless Drunk...

Blueflame
08-03-2009, 12:42 AM

Just to be certain there's no misunderstanding, this is by no means any kind of diss on the official site... it serves its purpose and is a good webpage. But I seldom visit it; it's not "home" like the Mane.

cutthemdown
08-03-2009, 01:03 AM
Just to be certain there's no misunderstanding, this is by no means any kind of diss on the official site... it serves its purpose and is a good webpage. But I seldom visit it; it's not "home" like the Mane.

I love it when people quote themselves. It's so avant garde.

I visit the official site, well, never really. The Mane kicks ass on anything for Broncos news, anywhere.

Why because anytime any of us see something about Broncos written somewhere, said somewhere, it gets posted.

I doubt any of this will make change how much we know or what is going on with the Broncos. It is a big bummer though for the guys who were getting the special passes. They IMO are being really gracious and that is a credit to there maturity.

ELEVATION
08-03-2009, 02:44 AM
the oversights and actions have been noted/explained/and apologized for the reponsible parties have said and handled there buisness.....

seems like the best thing to do now is end discussion and get back to bronco football....like how bout them upcoming camp reports with a better view....lol

elsid13
08-03-2009, 02:52 AM
Look they made their position clear, so it's time to move on. The Broncos, and other fan dependent companies are going to have to learn how to deal with new media in the age of youtube,message boards and blogging.

Personally I think it great that we have been asked to leave the media section, it give the look of the underdog reporting the truth that corporation doesn't want you to hear.

uplink
08-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Wonder if the Denver Post knows about the new rules so they can start to censor their forums? Comments below are from the Denver Post's Broncos Forum:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Article Discussion: Drama of McJaygate sounds familiar (http://talk.politicswest.com/viewtopic.php?p=703647#p703627)

http://talk.politicswest.com/styles/prosilver-neighbors/imageset/icon_post_target.gif (http://talk.politicswest.com/viewtopic.php?p=703627&sid=ae1f7330d45d2752a52798dfc3c35d0d#p703627)by HogBlog (http://talk.politicswest.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=28369&sid=ae1f7330d45d2752a52798dfc3c35d0d) on March 12th, 2009, 8:35 pm
OK Jay! You can both get out! You and "Gutless". Goodbye!
<dl class="postprofile" id="profile703627"><dt> HogBlog (http://talk.politicswest.com/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=28369&sid=ae1f7330d45d2752a52798dfc3c35d0d)</dt></dl>---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<hr class="divider">

Pseudofool
08-03-2009, 06:04 AM
Maybe this will make it clear: I take full responsibility for this event. The entire rigamarole has been a learning experience for me. It's a situation that I created. My apologies are to Nick, and my other reporters who I put out on the front lines in hopes that they might be able to self edit. In a less controversial year, this probably would have been ok. In the most controversial year in Broncos history, it clearly did not work out ok. This is my fault on many levels. I accept full responsibility for this event.

The good news is, it's an easy problem to remedy. I've almost got everything we need in place for a more formal editorial process. I'm working on finishing touches even tonight.

The bad news is that this might be a "one strike you're done" on the part of the Broncos. Even if that's the case, we can live with that. Having press access isn't what has made this site work since 2001. Having a diverse group of opinionated and passionate Broncos fans is what has made this site work for so long, and what will keep this place going for another decade and beyond.

This is all some exciting drama for a boring Sunday night, but at the end of the day, it's really just a bump in the road for us. The Orange Mane is The Orange Mane. We are what we are, and we're going to be just fine.

:thumbs:

Broncos_OTM
08-03-2009, 06:05 AM
im calling facism, bowlen if you think thats bad iwould suggest you put a winning product on the field or thid will pale in comparrison.

Apa dont pull a jarvis on us.

broncofan7
08-03-2009, 06:15 AM
Hey man, those threads changed my life.

ROFL!--now you can pee without having to 'guess'? ;)

TailgateNut
08-03-2009, 06:36 AM
I need a drink after reading the last few pages.

Pat you are a mack daddy pimp and don't let anyone tell you differently! :pimp:

No doubt. I feel so DIRTY after reading all this NEWS!

I don't think I have enough time to jump into this "disgustion".:wiggle:

TailgateNut
08-03-2009, 06:46 AM
The entire rigamarole .

I though NOBODY uses that expression anymore. :notworthy
It sums up the whole story and ensuing battle.

I'm in the "who gives a hoot" camp. Football is less than 5 days away.:thumbsup:

Beantown Bronco
08-03-2009, 06:49 AM
Is beastiality even frowned on anymore?

No moreso than counting cards or masterbating on an airplane.....

broncofan7
08-03-2009, 06:50 AM
Who's Pat Bowlen?

_Oro_
08-03-2009, 06:52 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedMonth=August&field=selectedDate&selectedDate=08%2F14%2F2009

broncofan7
08-03-2009, 06:55 AM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedMonth=August&field=selectedDate&selectedDate=08%2F14%2F2009

Thanks--good to know--Den @ SF live on NFLN Aug 14th