PDA

View Full Version : Outside the lines w/ josh mcdaniels

ELEVATION
08-02-2009, 01:11 PM
some good stuff, some stuff we already know....

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2533/Video--OTL-on-Josh-McDaniels.html

BroncoDoug
08-02-2009, 01:12 PM
I like how Bowlen took all the credit for trading Cutler, It was his decision and his decision alone is interesting. What do the McD haters say to that?

and EDIT: this was my 1,000 post!! Cake and punch for everyone in celebration
http://www.rosemarycompany.com/media/AgedtoPerfectionPartyHats1.jpghttp://www.shakesfrozencustard.com/graphics/items/menuCakesConfetti.gif
http://www.biomax1.com/images/punch_fruit.jpg

NYBronco
08-02-2009, 01:13 PM
I like how Bowlen took all the credit for trading Cutler, It was his decision and his decision alone is interesting. What do the McD haters say to that?

He's just saying that to keep his job.

BroncoDoug
08-02-2009, 01:18 PM
He's just saying that to keep his job.

keep whos job? Bowlens? I think his job is safe....

Punisher
08-02-2009, 01:27 PM
<object width="440" height="361">
<param name="movie" value="http://sports.espn.go.com/videohub/player.swf?mediaId=4369078"/>
<param name="wmode" value="transparent"/>
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/>
<embed src="http://sports.espn.go.com/videohub/player.swf?mediaId=4369078" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="always" width="440" height="361"></embed>
</object>

NYBronco
08-02-2009, 01:28 PM
keep whos job? Bowlens? I think his job is safe....

Bowlen keeping his job and I was joking, well sort of.

BroncoDoug
08-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Bowlen keeping his job and I was joking, well sort of.

lol, i got you. even if it isnt true I think its something that he had to say to take some of the heat of his rookie coach...

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 01:36 PM
That beady-eyed, Neanderthal-looking, McCromagnon ****head should be crucified.

ScottXray
08-02-2009, 02:04 PM
lol, i got you. even if it isnt true I think its something that he had to say to take some of the heat of his rookie coach...

I can't see why anyone thinks it was McDaniels decision to trade Cutler.

The very first reports of it actually happening were right out of Bowlens mouth, and McD had been saying that JC was going to be his QB right up until then.

As to who and where Cutler went once Bowlen said "trade him" that was probably influenced by McD more than Xanders, and who the QB they got in return was gonna be, as weel as the draft picks.

BroncoDoug
08-02-2009, 02:11 PM
I think it was all Bowlen that traded Jay. But you're not going to convince any of the McD haters of that...

lazarus4444
08-02-2009, 02:17 PM
Jay was acting like the little bitch that he is and bowlen took care of it, end of story. I actually wouldn't mind seeing the bears in the SB.

TheDave
08-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Not to interupt the 14,672nd Cutler V. McDaniels thread, but did anyone actually watch the video?

FWIW, it was pretty good :thumbs:

BroncoMan4ever
08-02-2009, 02:47 PM
someone needs to talk to McD about the faces he makes when he is waiting to answer the next question.

all in all it was a good interview, and Bowlen's part should finally put to rest the McDaniels traded Cutler bull**** so many here spew.

And Cutler was basically useless in the interview, he still can't find words to justify his being a bitch

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Too bad this will do nothing to convince the haters; even McD owning up to 'taking the phone call'--noting that it was proactive will be seen as a halftruth by many. Jay's and Bowlen's interviews reconfirmed my feelings on the whole ordeal.

Blart
08-02-2009, 03:08 PM
Summary for those who can't watch the video:

As a kid he cleaned his room, ate his broccoli. He doesn't smile or joke the whole interview, and his big life challenge was missing an extra point kick in highschool.

Chidoze
08-02-2009, 03:14 PM
I think it was all Bowlen that traded Jay. But you're not going to convince any of the McD haters of that...
It's pretty clear that Jay not returning Bowlens phone calls, pissed him off.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Not to interupt the 14,672nd Cutler V. McDaniels thread, but did anyone actually watch the video?

Yeah, I did, and that tennisball-headed, hoodie-wearing, cross-eyed, maphrodite-looking sorryass HC should have been fired yesterdoom. I'm sure you agree.

Beantown Bronco
08-02-2009, 03:29 PM

Personally, I can't wait for the day when every other quote posted here isn't followed up by one of the following or a variation thereof:

What do the McD haters or nut-huggers have to say about....
What do the Jay haters or widows have to say about....
What do the Bowlen haters have to say about....

you get the point.

How about we just post these informative and/or interesting links without the unnecessary side commentary once or twice and see what comes of it? The only way we can truly move on is to quit stirring the pot where there is nothing new to stir.

lex
08-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Too bad this will do nothing to convince the haters; even McD owning up to 'taking the phone call'--noting that it was proactive will be seen as a halftruth by many. Jay's and Bowlen's interviews reconfirmed my feelings on the whole ordeal.

I remain unconvinced that it was as simple as it was characterized in this piece.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 04:23 PM
someone needs to talk to McD about the faces he makes when he is waiting to answer the next question.

all in all it was a good interview, and Bowlen's part should finally put to rest the McDaniels traded Cutler bull**** so many here spew.

And Cutler was basically useless in the interview, he still can't find words to justify his being a b****

True.

telluride
08-02-2009, 04:24 PM
The still photos they used of mopey Jay, pouty Jay, puffy Jay were priceless. Kudos to the picture editor!

Gcver2ver3
08-02-2009, 04:27 PM
personally, i can't wait for the day when every other quote posted here isn't followed up by one of the following or a variation thereof:

What do the mcd haters or nut-huggers have to say about....
What do the jay haters or widows have to say about....
What do the bowlen haters have to say about....

You get the point.

How about we just post these informative and/or interesting links without the unnecessary side commentary once or twice and see what comes of it? The only way we can truly move on is to quit stirring the pot where there is nothing new to stir.

rep!...

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 04:28 PM
I remain unconvinced that it was as simple as it was characterized in this piece.Do you have any evidence to think otherwise? Or are we purely going on a hunch?

lex
08-02-2009, 04:30 PM
Do you have any evidence to think otherwise? Or are we purely going on a hunch?

I have at least as much evidence as you have to the contrary.

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 05:19 PM
I have at least as much evidence as you have to the contrary.So it's the hunch. There's plenty of evidence in the video clip that supports my view point. And I just don't accept the antithesis that Bowlen and McD are being bold-faced liars.

TonyR
08-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I have at least as much evidence as you have to the contrary.

Actually lex when you think about it the "evidence" suggests there wasn't much to the Cutler trade talks and that this version is accurate. The Pats traded Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick. If they really could have received better comp then they wouldn't have made this deal. Unless of course you believe they didn't want a 1st rounder because of financial considerations which is ridiculous since they could have traded down with it. Plus there's the fact that supposedly multiple teams were involved in trade talks for Cutler and yet not a single legit story with any details has come out in any of the cities supposedly involved.

DenverBrit
08-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Actually lex when you think about it the "evidence" suggests there wasn't much to the Cutler trade talks and that this version is accurate. The Pats traded Cassel and Vrabel for a 2nd round pick. If they really could have received better comp then they wouldn't have made this deal. Unless of course you believe they didn't want a 1st rounder because of financial considerations which is ridiculous since they could have traded down with it. Plus there's the fact that supposedly multiple teams were involved in trade talks for Cutler and yet not a single legit story with any details has come out in any of the cities supposedly involved.

It's amazing that some still cling to the 'evidence' that Jay was being shopped.....there has never been any.
All the 'evidence' that has been shown to date, confirms the versions mentioned by Bowlen and McD in the video.

Anyway, if the 'trade' were serious, Cassel would be the Broncos QB.
That trade would have happened in a heartbeat had McD initiated it.
It was no more than a last gasp attempt by another team(s) to create a 3 way trade....one that the evidence indicates didn't originate in Denver or NE.

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 06:26 PM
It's amazing that some still cling to the 'evidence' that Jay was being shopped.....there has never been any.
All the 'evidence' that has been shown to date, confirms the versions mentioned by Bowlen and McD in the video.

Anyway, if the 'trade' were serious, Cassel would be the Broncos QB.
That trade would have happened in a heartbeat had McD initiated it.
It was no more than a last gasp attempt by another team(s) to create a 3 way trade....one that the evidence indicates didn't originate in Denver or NE.

True.

Pseudofool
08-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Anyone surprised lex stopped posting in this thread? I'm not.

lex
08-02-2009, 07:04 PM

This doesnt really line up with what I said--at all.

Br0nc0Buster
08-02-2009, 07:38 PM
good interview

I liked him as a candidate because Patriot fans and coaches were always quick to point out how smart and prepared he always was.

Ill take that over the rah rah guys anyday

That whole "he motivates the players" stuff only goes so far

TDmvp
08-03-2009, 01:14 AM
Summary for those who can't watch the video:

As a kid he cleaned his room, ate his broccoli. He doesn't smile or joke the whole interview, and his big life challenge was missing an extra point kick in highschool.

thanks for the review ... Unit Josh Mcbrowneye wins a title or sniffs the playoffs he is Josh Mcbrowneye as far as I'm concerned .

He HAS NEVER been a head coach on any level including pee wee , and every job / gig he has got is because he knew somebody who knew somebody right down to starting for his own high school team cause his daddy was the coach which is a big time pose move and should have got his father fired. So till he shows me something F him.

ELEVATION
08-03-2009, 04:26 AM
i like the inetrview, but im on the fence......i dont have a problem with where we stand as a team right now, but its showtime win and you remove doubt, lose and you confirm are fears....

its really a simple concept....in the end the supposed blind homers are just as right as the haters and vice versa, because not a single game has been played....

the denver broncos are still 0-0 so how can the facts be for either side when there is nothing to go off other than speculation and media propaganda and how one interprets such info....

Hulamau
08-03-2009, 06:12 AM
I remain unconvinced that it was as simple as it was characterized in this piece.

Get over it!

Hulamau
08-03-2009, 06:31 AM
i like the inetrview, but im on the fence......i dont have a problem with where we stand as a team right now, but its showtime win and you remove doubt, lose and you confirm are fears....

its really a simple concept....in the end the supposed blind homers are just as right as the haters and vice versa, because not a single game has been played....

the denver broncos are still 0-0 so how can the facts be for either side when there is nothing to go off other than speculation and media propaganda and how one interprets such info....

No .... this isn't only about wins and loses this year alone! This is about playing the hand you've got ..as it arises ... and playing it with smarts and integrity, even if the decisions are unpopular and even if, as a result, you wind up having to take a step or two back before going forward again.

That's what this is about. Resurrecting a new/old standard here for a proud franchise that isn't going to bend over backwards and get reamed by a surly, **** for brains, petulant crybaby, even if he turns out to be the best QB in the league for a few years, and thus let the inmates run the asylum from now on!

This video also made it abundantly clear how right Bowlen was in picking McD from among the candidates available at the time. Regardless of how it turns out! McD was the best and most well-rounded of the coaching prospects under 50 that Bowlen had to choose from. He made his choice from all the best available evidence he had at the time, not with benefit of hindsight. And he picked well ....

I thoroughly believe McD when he insisted that he had no intention of trading Jay when he got here, but then when Cutler had a melt down over the mere speculation that he might be up for a trade, McD knew there were limits on how far they would, or should, go in accommodating this kind of narcissistic hissy fit from a 'supposed' team leader (and one that few of his teammates really liked to begin with).

But it was Bowlen that cut Cutler off at the knees and sent his ass packing.

ELEVATION
08-03-2009, 07:25 AM
No .... this isn't only about wins and loses this year alone! This is about playing the hand you've got ..as it arises ... and playing it with smarts and integrity, even if the decisions are unpopular and even if, as a result, you wind up having to take a step or two back before going forward again.

That's what this is about. Resurrecting a new/old standard here for a proud franchise that isn't going to bend over backwards and get reamed by a surly, **** for brains, petulant crybaby, even if he turns out to be the best QB in the league for a few years, and thus let the inmates run the asylum from now on!

This video also made it abundantly clear how right Bowlen was in picking McD from among the candidates available at the time. Regardless of how it turns out! McD was the best and most well-rounded of the coaching prospects under 50 that Bowlen had to choose from. He made his choice from all the best available evidence he had at the time, not with benefit of hindsight. And he picked well ....

I thoroughly believe McD when he insisted that he had no intention of trading Jay when he got here, but then when Cutler had a melt down over the mere speculation that he might be up for a trade, McD knew there were limits on how far they would, or should, go in accommodating this kind of narcissistic hissy fit from a 'supposed' team leader (and one that few of his teammates really liked to begin with).

But it was Bowlen that cut Cutler off at the knees and sent his ass packing.

why you decided to get all high and mighty about cutler and MCD issues is beyond me....lol.....i wasnt implying either way. I was talking about results on the field....Personally i love the direction of this club but the fact of the matter is if we go 4-12 how are we better off.....coaches are judged on wins and losses not how they try and get there......

its simple win..and the detractors ease up...lose and they increase...thats just how it is and goes, regardless of whether its right or wrong....

Los Broncos
08-03-2009, 08:26 AM
It was cool hearing about how he grew up around football and coaching.

And this Cutler thing wont die, the guy is gone, time to move on.

TonyR
08-03-2009, 08:34 AM
He HAS NEVER been a head coach on any level including pee wee , and every job / gig he has got is because he knew somebody who knew somebody right down to starting for his own high school team cause his daddy was the coach which is a big time pose move and should have got his father fired. So till he shows me something F him.

So Belichick promoted a young guy to O-coordinator because he knew somebody? You don't think it perhaps had something to do with what an impressive job he did? Who did he know that got him the job in Denver? And is that really how you go through life, F everybody until they show you something?

2KBack
08-03-2009, 08:37 AM
So Belichick promoted a young guy to O-coordinator because he knew somebody? You don't think it perhaps had something to do with what an impressive job he did? Who did he know that got him the job in Denver? And is that really how you go through life, F everybody until they show you something?

Waste of time dude. His posts are abominations, might as well ignore.

Rabb
08-03-2009, 08:58 AM
Waste of time dude. His posts are abominations, might as well ignore.

or as I say "you've been lex'ed"

dbfan21
08-03-2009, 09:00 AM

Agreed. I'll admit, I don't know a whole lot about McD, so it was nice to watch a piece on his background and childhood. He seems very passionate about football. I imagine his passion will inevitably rub off on the players.

I feel that players, many times, adopt the personality of the head coach. Shanahan was terrific from 95-02. It seemed as time went on after the 02 season, Shanahan lost his tenacity and the chip on his shoulder. The team's ability to close games, and ultimately, seasons was the end result.

I appreciate Mike Shanahan and his contributions to the Broncos. He assembled the pieces to bring two Super Bowl titles to Denver. As they say, all good things must come to an end. It was his time to go. I am embracing the McDaniels era with open arms. Firstly, because we have no other choice. Secondly, and most importantly, I truly believe he can make the Broncos a championship team again.

Go Broncos!!

lex
08-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Get over it!

Ill let you know if and when that happens.

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 09:22 AM
awesome video, pretty much confirms the real chain of events. no other story has ever, ever even been proposed from others except from cutler at the time he wanted out (and would say anything to get out...) and from mcd haters imaginations. shows its pretty obvious he wanted out before mcdaniels even got here, and found a reason to bitch his way out.

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 09:26 AM
ps: cutler said "you know" 4 times in 14 seconds.

Houshyamama
08-03-2009, 09:30 AM

Wouldn't proactive be MAKING the phone call? :thumbsup:

Cutler is looking more and more juvenile in my eyes. I haven't said much on this subject so far as I kind of wanted to wait and see what happened... but McD seems pretty stand up to me and Cutler seems less so.

Rabb
08-03-2009, 09:31 AM
Jay is a goofy bastard and I thought that before he was gone, that McDonalds commercial he had was just almost too difficult to watch

dbfan21
08-03-2009, 10:22 AM
ps: cutler said "you know" 4 times in 14 seconds.

:rofl: He's the king of "ya knows".

jhns
08-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I love how bronco fans validate giving away cutler by saying the team is changing and had to get rid of me first players and crybabies. The funny part of that is marshall is still on the team. What gives? Me first players only have to go if they were already traded? Why is there no cry to get marshall kicked off the team from these people? Obviously this character thing isn't something mcdaniels cares about.

Also cutler being gone is all on the front office. Players, especially young ones, sometimes handle things poorly. What cutler did when crying made himself look bad. What the front office did when they cried ended up hurting the team. Cutler had no way of trading himself. A billion players have asked for trades and not received them. Cutler said, even after the trade request, that he would be at the april camp. Not one other front office in this league would have traded cutler. The reason for that is they have experience and brains.

Again, cutler handling the situation wrong only hurts cutler. The front office handling it wrong hurts the entire team. It also will make us the punchline of sports jokes for a long time once people watch cutler develope and see the extreme downgrade we are now playing with.

lex
08-03-2009, 11:45 AM
Does anyone remember in that piece where Bowlen said he expects his coach to take that phone call? Well, this kind of confirms what Buff was alledging which was that McDaniels has GM power as well. Trades are something usually a GM manages. And this also doesnt reconcile to what Pat said at his press conference when he claimed he wanted a seperation of coach GM duties.

Beantown Bronco
08-03-2009, 12:00 PM
I love how bronco fans validate giving away cutler by saying the team is changing and had to get rid of me first players and crybabies. The funny part of that is marshall is still on the team. What gives? Me first players only have to go if they were already traded? Why is there no cry to get marshall kicked off the team from these people?

The whole "team player vs. me-first player" debate always makes me laugh. Any player that tells you he is not a "me first" player deep down is flat-out lying.

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Does anyone remember in that piece where Bowlen said he expects his coach to take that phone call? Well, this kind of confirms what Buff was alledging which was that McDaniels has GM power as well. Trades are something usually a GM manages. And this also doesnt reconcile to what Pat said at his press conference when he claimed he wanted a seperation of coach GM duties.

would you get over that already? for ****s sake, no one disagrees that mcdaniels has power of the players on hte roster, so has EVERY coach that bowlen has ever hired, and its not gonna change.

jhns
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
The whole "team player vs. me-first player" debate always makes me laugh. Any player that tells you he is not a "me first" player deep down is flat-out lying.

The thing I find funny about it is cutler was always a first in, last ou kind of guy. He even worked the entire last two offseasons to get better. If you listen to his post game press confrences after losses, he always would say that he needed to play better. The only time I ever heard him throw the defense under the bus was just a bad choice of words when trying to dog the chargers.

The best part to me is that people have actually convinced themselves that it just took mcdaniels to show us just how horrible cutler was. That is on and off the field. The stuff I read about him now just makes me laugh.

Rock Chalk
08-03-2009, 12:39 PM
The thing I find funny about it is cutler was always a first in, last ou kind of guy. He even worked the entire last two offseasons to get better. If you listen to his post game press confrences after losses, he always would say that he needed to play better. The only time I ever heard him throw the defense under the bus was just a bad choice of words when trying to dog the chargers.

The best part to me is that people have actually convinced themselves that it just took mcdaniels to show us just how horrible cutler was. That is on and off the field. The stuff I read about him now just makes me laugh.

Choker is gone. Get over it.

jhns
08-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Choker is gone. Get over it.

No