PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Tidbits from Josina with Fox

theAPAOps5
08-02-2009, 07:47 AM
First please leave the childish comments out as its just bull****, okay 24Champ.

She posts some good tidbits about the 3 PUP players. Sounds like here source is Marcus Thomas calling the test BS and high school. Get used to it is what I have to say be fit.

http://community.kdvr.com/_Sources-Fishy-Circumstances-surround-Bailey-Thomas-Hill-Absence/BLOG/489583/96399.html?widgetId=216686

elsid13
08-02-2009, 08:01 AM
“I believe this test comes from the Patriots. If you are Bill Belichick maybe, but you are not Bill Belichick. All his other disciples have gotten run over. You can’t just go in and demand respect, you have to earn it. Trust me, this is not the way to do it.”

“Something happened. My guess, either (Broncos owner) Pat Bowlen got in Josh McDaniels [edit] and said what the [edit] are you doing, get Champ out there, or all these guys on the field; or, two, Josh felt like he made his point and now he is softening his stance. Perhaps it’s something in between that,” said the source with knowledge of the situation.

Interesting. The team needs to win or going to be long season.

Rulon Velvet Jones
08-02-2009, 08:01 AM
Oh, waaaaaaa...I get paid millions of dollars to be in top-shape and I can't run a little bit. Waaaaaaaaa, Josh McDaniels is a bully. Waaaaaaaa...

F that.

_Oro_
08-02-2009, 08:03 AM
I have a feeling we didn't take any DT's cuz Vince is coming here next year.

theAPAOps5
08-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Whomever is the source needs to realize that the Patriots win SB's the Broncos win 8-8 seasons lately. They are doing something right. So shut the F up and do as you are told.

elsid13
08-02-2009, 08:06 AM
I have a feeling we didn't take any DT's cuz Vince is coming here next year.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that. Wilfolk is key to that defense and I doubt he gets away.

_Oro_
08-02-2009, 08:13 AM
<B>“It was nothing more than precaution<wbr>.”

When I said to this same player “so you didn’t fail the 300 sprint portion of the test,” they replied, “They just didn’t wanna throw us out there until we were physically<wbr> ready.”</B>

Is this Hill? Also I like the Patriot response.

elsid13
08-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Whomever is the source needs to realize that the Patriots win SB's the Broncos win 8-8 seasons lately. They are doing something right. So shut the F up and do as you are told.

If that was the case then Cleveland, NYJ and ND would all be top teams in their league. PATs success has more to do with having Brady, and difference makers on defense then it does with the coaches.

kent156
08-02-2009, 08:22 AM
so one of these sources was told Thomas is key to holding the line together, maybe Moss should’ve gotten those words of encouragement

2KBack
08-02-2009, 08:23 AM
If that was the case then Cleveland, NYJ and ND would all be top teams in their league. PATs success has more to do with having Brady, and difference makers on defense then it does with the coaches.

The Jets and the Browns have both been in the playoffs more recently than the Broncos.

Drek
08-02-2009, 08:30 AM
A lot of this is coming directly from Marcus Thomas' perspective, wouldn't be surprised if his agent or someone close to him is the source.

If so he's going to get cut. There is ample fodder in there for McDaniels and the FO to figure out who the leak is, and there is no way they'll tolerate someone openly questioning them (even anonymously) through the media.

Interesting aspect of it all though? Apparently Urban Meyer uses the same fitness test, as he was Marcus Thomas' coach when he was a junior at Florida (where Thomas apparently failed it there as well).

NYBronco
08-02-2009, 08:30 AM

Shanahan excluded of course.

BroncoSojia
08-02-2009, 08:32 AM
The Jets and the Browns have both been in the playoffs more recently than the Broncos.

The browns haven't made the playoffs since 2001

2KBack
08-02-2009, 08:39 AM
The browns haven't made the playoffs since 2001

wow, tied for first in the division at 10-6 and miss the playoffs, tough year. Still more successful than denver has been in the last few years.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-02-2009, 08:43 AM
You have to wear your big girl panties at training camp.

Breck Bronc
08-02-2009, 08:46 AM
wow, tied for first in the division at 10-6 and miss the playoffs, tough year. Still more successful than denver has been in the last few years.Successful means going 6-10, 4-12, 10-6, and 4-12 under Crennell? Wow.

2KBack
08-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Successful means going 6-10, 4-12, 10-6, and 4-12 under Crennell? Wow.

they had a winning season and challenged for the division more recently than denver, therefor they have been more successful in the last few years. It really is a simple concept.

Of course that is without addressing that ROMEO CRENNEL is not our coach!

CEH
08-02-2009, 08:54 AM
I like McD and am anxious to see him coach the season but wearing a hoodie or twirling his whistle around his finger just like BB is no reason for fans to state "but it's the way the Pats do it and they have won Super Bowls" No Tom Brady , BB and his defensive schemes have won Super Bowl.

I counter these short- sighted comments with one question. How many playoff games has his disciples and/or more importantly Bill Parcells won without BB? None nada. Me think its more about BB himself than any coach or system they try to install.

If there is only one thing I want McD to bring here to Denver it's BB front office expertise. BB is unbelievable judge of talent. Even after losing Pioli he work the draft like a mother.

rugbythug
08-02-2009, 08:58 AM
How out of line can this conditioning test be if 73 players passed it. Including me
http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/getty/headshot/P/A/R/PAR333592.jpg

CEH
08-02-2009, 09:00 AM
they had a winning season and challenged for the division more recently than denver, therefor they have been more successful in the last few years. It really is a simple concept.

Of course that is without addressing that ROMEO CRENNEL is not our coach!

Having a winning record and challenging for the division are two mutually exclusive items. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Denver tied SD for the division crown this year and lost out on a tie breaker.

2KBack
08-02-2009, 09:00 AM
I like McD and am anxious to see him coach the season but wearing a hoodie or twirling his whistle around his finger just like BB is no reason for fans to state "but it's the way the Pats do it and they have won Super Bowls" No Tom Brady , BB and his defensive schemes have won Super Bowl.

I counter these short- sighted comments with one question. How many playoff games has his disciples and/or more importantly Bill Parcells won without BB? None nada. Me think its more about BB himself than any coach or system they try to install.

If there is only one thing I want McD to bring here to Denver it's BB front office expertise. BB is unbelievable judge of talent. Even after losing Pioli he work the draft like a mother.

One more thing that i think BB excels in, is getting the team to buy in. I'm not sure how exactly, since he isn't mr. personality.

Either way, for all the talk of the "patriot way," nothing I've heard from these reports makes me think of Belichek. I don't remember hearing about Bill running around with the type of enthusiasm McD is described with.

2KBack
08-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Having a winning record and challenging for the division are two mutually exclusive items. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Denver tied SD for the division crown this year and lost out on a tie breaker.

They can be mutually exculsive, but that doesn't mean they are. In 2007 The browns had BOTH a winning record and challenged for the division.

so here's the comparison:
2007 browns 10-6 tied for first, missed playoffs on tiebreakers with 10-6 Tenessee Titans. Won 5 of their last 7 games.

2008 broncos 8-8 (7-9 hoculi), missed playoffs on tiebreakers losing by 30 points to the division winner. No chance at a wild card. finish the season on 3 game losing streak and losing 4 of the last 7.

So tell me smart guy, which season is more successful? Also for the sake of arguement, I do not subscribe to the attitude that all teams that miss the playoffs are equal. That's bull****, success and failure are a sprectrum.

Hamrob
08-02-2009, 09:12 AM
Whomever is the source needs to realize that the Patriots win SB's the Broncos win 8-8 seasons lately. They are doing something right. So shut the F up and do as you are told.See below.

Breck Bronc
08-02-2009, 09:13 AM

Of course that is without addressing that ROMEO CRENNEL is not our coach!Lol. CEH in post #20 already replied what I was going to. Simple concept, lol.

Hamrob
08-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Whomever is the source needs to realize that the Patriots win SB's the Broncos win 8-8 seasons lately. They are doing something right. So shut the F up and do as you are told.It's funny how all of a sudden...the Patriot way is the only way.

Take a look at the last 10 years. What's the record head to head between your Patriots and our Broncos?

Sure they do some good things. So did we. I seem to remember beating them a few years ago when we went on to the AFC Championship.

Give this Patriot way crap a rest!

Here you go...take a peak at your Patriots against our Broncos:

http://www.patriotsarchive.com/vsdenv.htm

Looks like we went 8-4 against them since 1995. Yeah, they've won 3 Superbowls in that time...but who was the team they didn't want to face?

How have they faired against us in the playoffs!

F*** the Patriots!

2KBack
08-02-2009, 09:22 AM
It's funny how all of a sudden...the Patriot way is the only way.

Take a look at the last 10 years. What's the record head to head between your Patriots and our Broncos?

Sure they do some good things. So did we. I seem to remember beating them a few years ago when we went on to the AFC Championship.

not as lopsided as you'd think. since BB took over Denver has beaten NE 5 times, and NE beat Denver 3. I guess we can ignore the 3 championships, 4 Superbowls, 5 AFCCG, and 6 Playoff appearances in 8 years.

tnedator
08-02-2009, 09:23 AM
“I believe this test comes from the Patriots. If you are Bill Belichick maybe, but you are not Bill Belichick. All his other disciples have gotten run over. You can’t just go in and demand respect, you have to earn it. Trust me, this is not the way to do it.”

“Something happened. My guess, either (Broncos owner) Pat Bowlen got in Josh McDaniels [edit] and said what the [edit] are you doing, get Champ out there, or all these guys on the field; or, two, Josh felt like he made his point and now he is softening his stance. Perhaps it’s something in between that,” said the source with knowledge of the situation.

Interesting. The team needs to win or going to be long season.

While that's possible, people saw the three re-running the test after Friday's practice. So, if that is the case, it would indicate they failed the second test as well.

lex
08-02-2009, 09:25 AM
not as lopsided as you'd think. since BB took over Denver has beaten NE 5 times, and NE beat Denver 3. I guess we can ignore the 3 championships, 4 Superbowls, 5 AFCCG, and 6 Playoff appearances in 8 years.

gyldenlove
08-02-2009, 09:38 AM

You need to realize that no Belichick assistant has won anything. Yes, Belichick has success, no, his system doesn't travel well so far.

Mcdaniels has to earn his stripes, he doesn't get credit for Belichicks Lombardi trophies.

lazarus4444
08-02-2009, 09:54 AM
wow all the mcdaniels haters are making appearances in this thread. Simply put, camp is being run a 100x better than shanny has been running it. We're going to have a MUCH more physical, MUCH more disciplined, MUCH more accountable and MUCH more prepared Broncos team than we've had the last 10 years. So shut the **** up and enjoy us getting a real football team on the field instead of a bunch of soft pussies.

McDman
08-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Who cares about the Patriot way bs. The fact is these guys were given plenty of notice about the test and they clearly did not properly prepare themselves.

It's unbelievable that they would whine about it.

meangene
08-02-2009, 09:57 AM
I don't think it's all that complicated - Patriots' way, Browns vs. Broncos, etc. The players were told you will have to pass this conditioning test to practice. So, you do a little training running that drill and come to camp ready to perform. Really not that hard for a professional athlete. All but a few players passed it, including plenty of big guys. What it tests is a player's dedication and attention to what he is being told. Period. So, stop whining, STFU and perform!

lazarus4444
08-02-2009, 09:59 AM
I love how even somebody like champ is being held accountable. We're going to see a much different broncos team this year and i for one am pretty excited. I'm a 100% sure we're not going to get blown out multiple times a year by ****ty teams anymore.

theAPAOps5
08-02-2009, 10:03 AM
You need to realize that no Belichick assistant has won anything. Yes, Belichick has success, no, his system doesn't travel well so far.

Mcdaniels has to earn his stripes, he doesn't get credit for Belichicks Lombardi trophies.

Yes he has to earn his stripes but this team constantly faded as the year went on and constantly got injured. Some of the injuries is just the way the cookies crumble. But you have to look at how camp had become club med in the past years. Let me break it down so you can see where I come from as I have been going to them for quite some time:

Shanny Way
-Out of pads very little contact
-Warm up and stretching was about 2 min. long and a joke that was half assed
-Camp sessions rarely went full session
-Camp sessions would be canceled
-Second session of the day was predominantly Special Teams
-Camp timed and coordinated
-Vets can go home at night

McDaniels
-Before camp starts you have to pass a grueling timed 300 test
-camp is in pads
-camp is timed and coordinated
-stretching and warm up is 15 min. minimum
-Fundamentals are stressed
-sessions go full length or over
-you mess up you run laps
-sprints after the scrimmage period is over
-both sessions so far are full team
-Team doesn't stay at home all go to hotel

Shanhans method worked great when he won us our 2 SB's. The team was full of vets and older players so this lighter method worked on players who had already performed in the NFL.

This method hasn't worked with the young Broncos team we have now. They need discipline and to be pushed because they will be in games.

So I am not a fan of the Patriot way but I am a fan of the McD way and it clearly takes from the Patriots. He has a lot to prove that much I agree but so far I like what he is doing.

Thats my point with my posts in here.

Broncojef
08-02-2009, 10:24 AM
It's funny how all of a sudden...the Patriot way is the only way.

Here you go...take a peak at your Patriots against our Broncos:

http://www.patriotsarchive.com/vsdenv.htm

Looks like we went 8-4 against them since 1995. Yeah, they've won 3 Superbowls in that time...but who was the team they didn't want to face?

**** the Patriots!

I don't know about you but that last meeting was a total embarassment for me. They could have scored 100+ points that game should they have wanted to. When a team puts in their second and third string in the second half something is just not right. Josh and the Broncos need to weed out the primadonnas and develop a team. Don't want to play at the given level then leave. Kudos to Josh and company for setting a standard and actually expecting these idiots to do their job.

lex
08-02-2009, 10:27 AM
We're actually 5-1 against Brady with that one loss coming when Danny Kanell was forced to start at QB. And even that game was far closer than it ever should have been.

Broncojef
08-02-2009, 10:28 AM

So you want him to somehow instill discipline, bring his way of football to our team without implementing anything too drastic up front? At what point do you guys just let the guy coach his way and change the crap we've put up with the last few years. McDaniels will earn his stripes when attitudes change and players actually come to play...no more coddling.

Drek
08-02-2009, 12:06 PM

Mangini won more in his three years with the Jets than Shanahan did in the same time, and Shanahan headed into '06 with an AFCC contender while Mangini had a top 5 pick.

Thomas Dimitroff has sure seen an awful lot of success in Atlanta, where he brought the Patriots approach to their FO and had it trickle down through to the players and coaches.

Ozzie Newsome came from the Belichick tree, cutting his teeth as a front office man with Belichick in Cleveland. He's a top tier team builder now.

And Bill Belichick himself just so happens to be spun off the Bill Parcells tree.

Just because one guy has been a failure in a completely non-analogous scenario (Wies at ND) and another in a town with no history of winning, poor ownership, and poor management saddling him with the mistakes of the past (Crennel in Cleveland) doesn't mean the general tenants of what makes them a successful organization doesn't travel.

In fact, they are the same tenants and methodologies applied by Urban Meyer, the Steelers FO and now Mike Tomlin, and the afore mentioned recently successful teams (Atlanta, Baltimore) among others. Its a mindset that works. The antithesis is to put it all on your stars, letting them be bigger than the team, the only recent examples of that having any success is Indy (Peyton Manning) and Green Bay (Favre). Before that you have to go back to our own Shanahan lead Broncos with Elway. Last I checked there isn't a John Elway level player just floating for us to grab up.

We're actually 5-1 against Brady with that one loss coming when Danny Kanell was forced to start at QB. And even that game was far closer than it ever should have been.

Wow, thats such an awesome point Lex. How about you convince the NFL scheduling committee to let us play New England 16 times a year and I'll convince Bowlen to bring Shanahan back. Then we might actually make the playoffs for the first time in three years!

lex
08-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Mangini won more in his three years with the Jets than Shanahan did in the same time, and Shanahan headed into '06 with an AFCC contender while Mangini had a top 5 pick.

Thomas Dimitroff has sure seen an awful lot of success in Atlanta, where he brought the Patriots approach to their FO and had it trickle down through to the players and coaches.

Ozzie Newsome came from the Belichick tree, cutting his teeth as a front office man with Belichick in Cleveland. He's a top tier team builder now.

And Bill Belichick himself just so happens to be spun off the Bill Parcells tree.

Just because one guy has been a failure in a completely non-analogous scenario (Wies at ND) and another in a town with no history of winning, poor ownership, and poor management saddling him with the mistakes of the past (Crennel in Cleveland) doesn't mean the general tenants of what makes them a successful organization doesn't travel.

In fact, they are the same tenants and methodologies applied by Urban Meyer, the Steelers FO and now Mike Tomlin, and the afore mentioned recently successful teams (Atlanta, Baltimore) among others. Its a mindset that works. The antithesis is to put it all on your stars, letting them be bigger than the team, the only recent examples of that having any success is Indy (Peyton Manning) and Green Bay (Favre). Before that you have to go back to our own Shanahan lead Broncos with Elway. Last I checked there isn't a John Elway level player just floating for us to grab up.

Wow, thats such an awesome point Lex. How about you convince the NFL scheduling committee to let us play New England 16 times a year and I'll convince Bowlen to bring Shanahan back. Then we might actually make the playoffs for the first time in three years!

Compared to yours, it was an awesome point. At least it was relevant to what was being discussed (which was our recent record against New England).

Popps
08-02-2009, 12:30 PM
I

**** the Patriots!

Yea, that was a long speech... but you should simplify it.

How many SBs have we played in v. how many have the Patriots played in going back a decade?

Sports fans would laugh you out of the room if you tried to compare the Broncos to the Patriots over that time-period. I don't care what situational stats you want to throw out.

The Patriots have a winning structure in place, and Broncos fans need to come to grips with reality. Just like when Shanahan turned us into the 49ers-Mountain, McDaniels will be turning us into the Patriots-Mountain.

The Patriots way won't be "given a rest." It'll be implemented completely, if not tweaked slightly to fit our skill-set.

If any of these guys couldn't pass a freakin' sprint-test, then **** 'em. I love Champ Bailey, but the guy couldn't stay on the field last year. If he's already starting camp behind as far as conditioning... then he needs to pick it up and be the leader he's supposed to be.

Thomas and Hill? How is it that 70 other players managed to complete the test and not these potential starters?

Sorry... no remorse from me. I don't care what the "source" says.

We'll probably never know the real details to this, but I don't mind what happened one bit. No one is above the team and McDaniels is just making that plainly obvious.

ScottXray
08-02-2009, 01:48 PM
I don't care if it's called the Patriot way, the Right way or whatever.

Having your team come into camp in shape and fit, then running the camp as if full contact might be part of the game at some point, right from the start of camp, rather than think that everything will work out ok once the season starts and the REAL hitting starts seems to make more sense, than the way Broncos camps have been run in the recent past.

And having your star CB sit out a day or two cause he can't pass a fitness test is something that shows everyone on the team that there won't be anymore favorites that can dog it, cause they are all-pro. This is going to build team Unity.

There is no try , only DO! McD is really Yoda!

KipCorrington25
08-02-2009, 01:54 PM
If 75 players can pass the test and 3 can't it's on the 3 that can't and not on the coach especially considering the fact they knew about the test since June.

Thomas has some nerve to talk he sucks.

Inkana7
08-02-2009, 02:02 PM
Compared to yours, it was an awesome point. At least it was relevant to what was being discussed (which was our recent record against New England).

Actually, that wasn't what was being discussed. It was mentioned, but the point of discussion was the "Patriot Way".

Traveler
08-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Yes he has to earn his stripes but this team constantly faded as the year went on and constantly got injured. Some of the injuries is just the way the cookies crumble. But you have to look at how camp had become club med in the past years. Let me break it down so you can see where I come from as I have been going to them for quite some time:

Shanny Way
-Out of pads very little contact
-Warm up and stretching was about 2 min. long and a joke that was half assed
-Camp sessions rarely went full session
-Camp sessions would be canceled
-Second session of the day was predominantly Special Teams
-Camp timed and coordinated
-Vets can go home at night

McDaniels
-Before camp starts you have to pass a grueling timed 300 test
-camp is in pads
-camp is timed and coordinated
-stretching and warm up is 15 min. minimum
-Fundamentals are stressed
-sessions go full length or over
-you mess up you run laps
-sprints after the scrimmage period is over
-both sessions so far are full team
-Team doesn't stay at home all go to hotel

Shanhans method worked great when he won us our 2 SB's. The team was full of vets and older players so this lighter method worked on players who had already performed in the NFL.

This method hasn't worked with the young Broncos team we have now. They need discipline and to be pushed because they will be in games.

So I am not a fan of the Patriot way but I am a fan of the McD way and it clearly takes from the Patriots. He has a lot to prove that much I agree but so far I like what he is doing.

Thats my point with my posts in here.

Bravo! As I mentioned in another post, We'll begin to hear whining from various players that camp is too hard. Same as when Coughlin took over the Giants. SLowly but surely, thos "whiners" will come around or be replaced. Loving it everytime I hear them complain. Means no more "Club Med" training camp.

Greybeard
08-02-2009, 02:54 PM
First please leave the childish comments out as its just bull****, okay 24Champ.

She posts some good tidbits about the 3 PUP players. Sounds like here source is Marcus Thomas calling the test BS and high school. Get used to it is what I have to say be fit.

http://community.kdvr.com/_Sources-Fishy-Circumstances-surround-Bailey-Thomas-Hill-Absence/BLOG/489583/96399.html?widgetId=216686

It seems Josina does the best undercover work of all those making a living doing
it, although she doesn't beat you Mane guys (and I'm not patronizing you; I
mean that). Good stuff . . .

-----

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 02:55 PM

Jo-jo was heading over to speak with Champ as we were leaving. She had just finished talking with Marcus Thomas. Marcus saw her coming, smiled, and acted like he was running away.

Drek
08-02-2009, 03:02 PM

I'm pretty sure that was an ancillary topic to the general point of "Patriot Way: Transferable or No?" that was going on here.

But maybe that was just me and everyone else in the thread just not getting how awesome your random tangent was though. My mistake, please don't let it stop you from making other totally awesome tangential posts with little to no merit behind them in support of a straw man argument.

cutthemdown
08-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Our new head coach is a hard worker, what more can you ask for? I give him 2 full seasons before I throw him under the bus. Shanny I think just got a little soft but I bet when he comes back he wont be.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 03:12 PM
If 75 players can pass the test and 3 can't it's on the 3 that can't and not on the coach especially considering the fact they knew about the test since June.

Thomas has some nerve to talk he sucks.

Actually the whole point is the double standard... they tried to give Champ special treatment in all of this, I think that is the message the some people aren't getting. If Champ wasn't involved in this, Thomas would still be sitting out.

Greybeard
08-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Actually the whole point is the double standard... they tried to give Champ special treatment in all of this, I think that is the message the some people aren't getting. If Champ wasn't involved in this, Thomas would still be sitting out.

In that case, I'm grateful to Champ.

From your reports and those of others, Thomas just might be one of the saviors to that D-line . . .

-----

R8R H8R
08-02-2009, 03:23 PM
It seems Josina does the best undercover work of all those making a living doing
it, although she doesn't beat you Mane guys (and I'm not patronizing you; I
mean that). Good stuff . . .

-----

I appreciate the fact that she gets the "inside" dirt that others don't/won't. I like the fact that we are getting info, that isn't coming from other sources.

However, with all that being said, her stories are full of un-named sources and innuendo. I can't help but wonder how many of her "sources" are fudged to make her story come-out the way she wants it.

On this particular story, I think she may be making a mountain out of a
mole-hill, but that is just my opinion, I may be wrong.

theAPAOps5
08-02-2009, 03:41 PM
Her unnamed sources are the players themselves its why they are unnamed. She tries to insinuate that as best she can.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 03:58 PM
She works the phones a lot... We were talking about it today and she said, "it's Sunday. Most people are at church or home sleeping.". Glad she still had a story to break! Bet she is getting another one right now! She is a friendly girl that likes sports, you would think the mane would love her.

Greybeard
08-02-2009, 04:08 PM
She works the phones a lot... We were talking about it today and she said, "it's Sunday. Most people are at church or home sleeping.". Glad she still had a story to break! Bet she is getting another one right now! She is a friendly girl that likes sports, you would think the mane would love her.

There are probably people in this world who despise Mother Teresa . . .

-----

lex
08-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that was an ancillary topic to the general point of "Patriot Way: Transferable or No?" that was going on here.

But maybe that was just me and everyone else in the thread just not getting how awesome your random tangent was though. My mistake, please don't let it stop you from making other totally awesome tangential posts with little to no merit behind them in support of a straw man argument.

Whatever. You still have some egg under your eye.

Lolad
08-02-2009, 04:37 PM
I don't know about you but that last meeting was a total embarassment for me. They could have scored 100+ points that game should they have wanted to. When a team puts in their second and third string in the second half something is just not right. Josh and the Broncos need to weed out the primadonnas and develop a team. Don't want to play at the given level then leave. Kudos to Josh and company for setting a standard and actually expecting these idiots to do their job.

did you watch that game? I can remember us moving the ball comfortably until a stupid RB fumbled the ball twice on their side of the field to mess up our momentum!

Florida_Bronco
08-02-2009, 04:42 PM

I don't think anyone doubts that she works hard, but her track record of accuracy is extremely spotty.

2KBack
08-02-2009, 05:00 PM
did you watch that game? I can remember us moving the ball comfortably until a stupid RB fumbled the ball twice on their side of the field to mess up our momentum!

it was 34 to nothing in the 4th quarter, when exactly did Denver move the ball and have momentum? The 12 play 41 yard 1st drive of the game? The vaunted Bronco super offense couldn't come back from a 6 point deficit after those 2 fumbles?

Fact is that was one of the worst total team embarrassments in the last few years, well unless you count the home raider game, both SD games in 2007, the Detroit game 2007, and the season finale last season...against SD.

Man this team got destroyed a lot recently

Hercules Rockefeller
08-02-2009, 05:06 PM

You, and especially she, have no proof of that. There's a ton of innuendo in there that that was the case, but even with an article full of unnamed sources (which I don't have a problem with), the best she could get is have someone speculate that someone overrode McD or McD felt he made his point and let all 3 back. Thomas and Hill aren't Champ, but they're both still starters so it's not like Joe Blow camp body was in that group.

And that article is terribly written. If someone from Fox 31 looked at that beforehand, they should be embarassed they let it be "published" on their site. If they let her post that without anyone doing an edit, they better start. It's almost unreadibly bad.

Ray Finkle
08-02-2009, 05:37 PM
You, and especially she, have no proof of that. There's a ton of innuendo in there that that was the case, but even with an article full of unnamed sources (which I don't have a problem with), the best she could get is have someone speculate that someone overrode McD or McD felt he made his point and let all 3 back. Thomas and Hill aren't Champ, but they're both still starters so it's not like Joe Blow camp body was in that group.

And that article is terribly written. If someone from Fox 31 looked at that beforehand, they should be embarassed they let it be "published" on their site. If they let her post that without anyone doing an edit, they better start. It's almost unreadibly bad.

that's my biggest issue with her as well. She does not write well at all for someone to be a journalist. The Brandon Marshall "from the horses mouth piece" made me read a few lines several times to understand her point....

Cito Pelon
08-02-2009, 05:40 PM

You like her 'cause she's friendly and cute.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 05:52 PM
I like her because she actually cares. There are 20 or more members of the media there and she is the one people talk to. Gray has done a great job covering as well, but not so much into getting into the behind the scenes stuff.

24champ
08-02-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't think anyone doubts that she works hard, but her track record of accuracy is extremely spotty.

This.

She may be approachable and friendly but that doesn't make her a good journalist.

Florida_Bronco
08-02-2009, 08:32 PM
This.

She may be approachable and friendly but that doesn't make her a good journalist.

Exactly. I think she's trying really hard to be the next Adam Schefter, but she has a long ways to go.

alkemical
08-03-2009, 06:40 AM
One more thing that i think BB excels in, is getting the team to buy in. I'm not sure how exactly, since he isn't mr. personality.

Either way, for all the talk of the "patriot way," nothing I've heard from these reports makes me think of Belichek. I don't remember hearing about Bill running around with the type of enthusiasm McD is described with.

He's not "mr. personality" to us, but we don't know how he is in the locker room. It appears he's got the patriots locked down where in-house, means just that.