PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best player on this team?

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Poll Coming

theAPAOps5
08-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Clady

lex
08-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Clady

BroncoDoug
08-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Clady is going to be the best LT in the NFL in 2 years... He's already in the top 5

tnedator
08-01-2009, 09:13 PM
I went with Clady, based on this line of reasoning. Based on what we saw last year, Clady could be one of the best, if not the best, LT in the game very soon, if not now.

Marshall, is by far the best WR on the team, but he is probably somewhere between 4-10 in the league right now.

Champ was the best CB in the league at one point, but now he is top 5, maybe top 3, but probably has no chance to be the 'best' in the league.

So, since it is impossible to compare a WR to a CB to a LT heads up, I can only look at where they are likely to rank in the NFL this season, and I think Clady has the best chance to be among the best at his position (but Marshall is a close second, but I don't think he has a chance at being 'the best', where Clady could be).

theAPAOps5
08-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Oh God this is fun. So far I have said in another thread that Royal is the best player on the team. In this thread I said Clady and I voted for Orton. LOL I am having a good time tonight.

I can't wait to do camp with SoCAL tomorrow we will have a great time debating as we are opposite ends of the spectrum. He says he is bringing me a #6 Jersey. First thing I am doing is picking up my dogs **** with it and taking a picture. :)

iDENVER
08-01-2009, 09:16 PM
gotta go with clady

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Eddie Royal has the best attitude and is a tremendous player, but he'll never have the size and physical ability of Brandon Marshall. Brandon Marshall has HOF potential. Eddie Royal, maybe/maybe not. We could have a completely different opinion after this season. Eddie Royal is going to catch a lot of passes (like Wes Welker) and he has the speed and quickness to catch a block and GO...

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Oh God this is fun. So far I have said in another thread that Royal is the best player on the team. In this thread I said Clady and I voted for Orton. LOL I am having a good time tonight.

I can't wait to do camp with SoCAL tomorrow we will have a great time debating as we are opposite ends of the spectrum. He says he is bringing me a #6 Jersey. First thing I am doing is picking up my dogs **** with it and taking a picture. :)

I knew you weren't serious about Royal being the best player on this team. You sounded way to foolish to be serious. He might be my favorite player, but I'm not delusional. lol

SoCalBronco
08-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Clady, with an honorable mention to Marshall (when healthy).

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Clady, with an honorable mention to Marshall (when healthy).

Call me when you have a minute...

MileHighMagic
08-01-2009, 09:24 PM
My first instinct was to say Clady, hands down but I think we've forgotten how good Champ Bailey is when he is healthy. What would he be capable of if we had a legit pass rush? Look at what he did a couple years back when he got snubbed for MVP and our pass rush wasn't even all that great.

DeusExManning
08-01-2009, 09:30 PM
Hillis then Clady:)

tnedator
08-01-2009, 09:30 PM
My first instinct was to say Clady, hands down but I think we've forgotten how good Champ Bailey is when he is healthy. What would he be capable of if we had a legit pass rush? Look at what he did a couple years back when he got snubbed for MVP and our pass rush wasn't even all that great.

I'm just not sure. I am by no means as down on him as many are now, and were last year, but I think he has lost a step, and no longer has the closing speed to make up for his guessing/gambling nature. I don't think he can any longer be the 'best' CB in the league.

theAPAOps5
08-01-2009, 09:33 PM
I knew you weren't serious about Royal being the best player on this team. You sounded way to foolish to be serious. He might be my favorite player, but I'm not delusional. lol

Don't assume here. Royal is the better of the 2. Ability means squat when you are a head case and half assed player. I have no problem you calling me foolish when you are defending a head case women beater who wastes his ability. Yeah I am the foolish one :spit: Hilarious!

Gcver2ver3
08-01-2009, 09:38 PM
i am as big a fan of Eddie Royal as anyone BUT...

can we please stop with the Royal>Marshall silliness?...

Marshall is a potentially top 5 WR in the game...

Eddie Royal is an emerging #2 receiver...c'mon guys...

theAPAOps5
08-01-2009, 09:40 PM
i am as big a fan of Eddie Royal as anyone BUT...

can we please stop with the Royal>Marshall silliness?...

Marshall is a potentially top 5 WR in the game...

Eddie Royal is an emerging #2 receiver...c'mon guys...

wrong.... try emerging #1 trust me it obvious in camp

Killericon
08-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I went with Champ. I want to see how Clady does without Cutler's mobility behind him(I'm sure he'll do well).

BroncoMan4ever
08-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Eddie Royal has the best attitude and is a tremendous player, but he'll never have the size and physical ability of Brandon Marshall. Brandon Marshall has HOF potential. Eddie Royal, maybe/maybe not. We could have a completely different opinion after this season. Eddie Royal is going to catch a lot of passes (like Wes Welker) and he has the speed and quickness to catch a block and GO...

i wanted to say Eddie but based on the physical atttributes it is hard to say he is better than Marshall, RIGHT NOW.

however, if he can build upon last season and embrace the Wes Welker position on this team it is quite possible we have a Steve Smith type of diminutive WR that is unquestionably the number 1 receiver on the team. he runs better routes than Marshall, has better hands, is a better leader and has a better attitude. but with Marshall's freakish size and strength and production the last 2 years, it is premature to elevate Royal over him at this point. But next season even if Marshall is still here, i'd bet Royal is seen as a better receiver than him

but i went with Clady because he was the best player on the team last season and is quite possibly the best LT in the game right now, and if not right now he will be within the next 2 years.

tnedator
I went with Champ. I want to see how Clady does without Cutler's mobility behind him(I'm sure he'll do well).

Yea, this is a good point. From what I saw last year, I think he will do fine, but there is no question that Jay's mobility helped the line.

Gcver2ver3

i love ER...the guy is a gamer and caught a lot off people off guard as a rookie...

but to say he's better than that beast wearing #15 is going too far...

i like royal and i'm estatic to hear he's doing well in camp...but he's no brandon marshall...

theAPAOps5
08-01-2009, 09:49 PM
i love ER...the guy is a gamer and caught a lot off people off guard as a rookie...

but to say he's better than that beast wearing #15 is going too far...

i like royal and i'm estatic to hear he's doing well in camp...but he's no brandon marshall...

He is better. Have you seen something different in camp? Sorry if that cuts into you man crush but its fact.

And I thank God he is no Brandon Marshall as that would be a waste! Good point!

MileHighMagic
08-01-2009, 09:52 PM
I am surprised Marshall doesn't have more votes.

lex
08-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Clady

You voted for Orton.

listopencil
08-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Hillis

BroncoMan4ever
08-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Yea, this is a good point. From what I saw last year, I think he will do fine, but there is no question that Jay's mobility helped the line.

Orton isn't as lead footed as many here believe him to be. he has good pocket presence and is good at sliding and avoiding pressure. it is just hard to tell when his line was letting 3 guys get by every other play.

he isn't going to scramble and take off for a 1st down or good yards, but he will be able to buy extra time and avoid sacks.

although unlike Jay, when there is nothing available, if he can't get rid of the ball he will take the sack. He isn't going to throw a stupid pass.

BroncoMan4ever
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I am surprised Marshall doesn't have more votes.

drops too many passes, not a great route runner, bad attitude, and currently his heart isn't int playing in Denver.

maher_tyler
08-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Wow...i thought Champ would get a little more love. I had to go with Champ mainly because he's been doing it longer...Clady is a beast and i don't have any doubts that he will be reguarded as one of the best T's in the league for years to come!!

montrose
08-01-2009, 10:12 PM
The 2007 version of Marshall would be, now it's Clady. Lots of ways to define best player though.

Gcver2ver3
08-01-2009, 10:15 PM
He is better. Have you seen something different in camp? Sorry if that cuts into you man crush but its fact.

what man crush?...don't start into the immature insults...lets keep it civil if possible...i like royal way better than i like marshall...with royal whats not to like...

but eddie royal isn't a better WR than brandon marshall...at least not yet...marshall has a chance to be top 5 this year...heck he was on his way to that last year...

royal wasn't the focal point of the offense last year (save the raider game) so he hasn't been gameplanned to be stopped like teams tried with marshall...

i think marshall will be a force this year...and i think royal will be a terrific #2 also...both players are getting better ...

DHallblows
08-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I don't want to say a player is the best if they haven't played more than 16 NFL games yet.
Brandon

tnedator
08-01-2009, 10:23 PM
although unlike Jay, when there is nothing available, if he can't get rid of the ball he will take the sack. He isn't going to throw a stupid pass.

I hope he throws the ball away, rather than taking the sack.

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 10:27 PM

You've been to one camp and you yourself admitted you couldn't see well. And you allow your displeasure for players off field issues to cloud your on field analysis. Nobody is saying you have to like the player, just analyze the performance on the field. Too difficult???

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 10:31 PM

You tying one on tonight??? Pushing back on just about everyone, somebody needs to get some rest or some nookie. One before the other usually makes both better. ;D

BroncoMan4ever
08-01-2009, 10:54 PM
I hope he throws the ball away, rather than taking the sack.

i should elaborate on how i meant that. if there is nothing available, Orton will first try to throw it away, but if he feels he can't safely put the ball out of the way of the defense he will take the sack.

Jay, rarely, if ever threw the ball away, if he felt pressure he would try to throw through 3 defenders instead of doing the smart thing.

he only got sacked 12 times last season, but had he thrown the ball away instead of forcing a bad pass or taken a sack rather than throw a bad pass, his INT total would have probably been cut in half.

CoopDawg
08-02-2009, 01:58 AM
Lonnie Paxton

SouthStndJunkie
08-02-2009, 02:05 AM
Ryan Clady.

B-Marsh is close, but he is a pain in the ass.

Rocket 7
08-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Lonnie Paxton

2002 NYG vs SF Giants wish their long snapper was good. It happens

BowlenBall
08-02-2009, 02:45 AM
Clady by a country mile. Marshall and Royal are talents, to be sure, but wide receivers are somewhat easier to find and to replace, in general. A left tackle of Clady's ability, however, is worth more than his weight in gold:

Clady's weight = 325 pounds = (as per Denver Broncos Roster)
Gold's price on August 2nd, 2009 = $954.80 per troy ounce
Troy Ounces in an avoirdupois pound = 14.58333
1 Clady worth of Gold (as of August 2nd, 2009) = $4,525,353.13
Clady's contract = 5 years, $14,750,000 = $2,950,000 per year

Hulamau
08-02-2009, 02:52 AM
I hope its a new guy not on the list who emerges from camp and at the end of the year as the 'Stud' ... would just make us all that much better.

Ratboy
08-02-2009, 03:05 AM

You are the only who is 100% sure that Eddie Royal is the better receiver.

How well do you think Eddie Royal would preform when he is constantly being double covered? Would Royal have 104 receptions for 1265 yards? I am guessing no, but no body can say for sure now. Royal may not even be able to handle the physical abuse from that.

Marshall and Royal are a great combo! Marshall has the ability to take on double coverages, become the possession receiver and still make plays and take it to the house. Marshall certainly opens up the field for Royal.

Ratboy
08-02-2009, 03:09 AM
I went with Bailey. He has been doing it much longer than anyone else.

Broncojef
08-02-2009, 03:15 AM
I went with Bailey. He has been doing it much longer than anyone else.

Seems like he's on the sidelines way too much the last two years, that coupled with coming in to camp out of shape is just enough for me to think Clady is the best on this team now.

Florida_Bronco
08-02-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm just not sure. I am by no means as down on him as many are now, and were last year, but I think he has lost a step, and no longer has the closing speed to make up for his guessing/gambling nature. I don't think he can any longer be the 'best' CB in the league.

I don't see that. Bailey was phenomenally fast coming into the league, so even being a step slower, he's still faster than most in the league. On top of that, he's almost certainly the most technically sound cornerback the league has seen in a long time. Like alot of players, he suffered when the scheme brought in under Bates/Slowik didn't play to his strengths, and even then he was still basically shutting people down right up until he got hurt.

I'll still take Champ as the top CB in the game right now. That kid in Oakland is real close as a coverage corner, but he's never been the playmaker that Champ has.

I really think that the regime change will do wonders for getting his career back on track as well.

Florida_Bronco
08-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Seems like he's on the sidelines way too much the last two years, that coupled with coming in to camp out of shape is just enough for me to think Clady is the best on this team now.

Bailey missed one game in 2007, and before that he'd only missed two games during his time in the league. Last year was the first year he had missed any significant playing time in 9 years in the league. I really don't think we have much to worry about as far as injuries go.

theAPAOps5
08-02-2009, 06:32 AM
You are the only who is 100% sure that Eddie Royal is the better receiver.

How well do you think Eddie Royal would preform when he is constantly being double covered? Would Royal have 104 receptions for 1265 yards? I am guessing no, but no body can say for sure now. Royal may not even be able to handle the physical abuse from that.

Marshall and Royal are a great combo! Marshall has the ability to take on double coverages, become the possession receiver and still make plays and take it to the house. Marshall certainly opens up the field for Royal.

Really I am the only one? Have trouble reading polls? I didn't even vote for royal so there are 4 others who agree........ :)

I think Marshall has the best ability on this team by far and if his mental ability matched his physical I would say he is the best player in the NFL. But he lacks mentally and Royal is better.

NYBronco
08-02-2009, 06:34 AM
Hillis then Clady:)

Couldn't have said it better.

BMarsh615
08-02-2009, 07:41 AM
I can't vote for a LT to be the best player on the team. So Brandon Marshall it is.

tnedator
08-02-2009, 09:06 AM
I don't see that. Bailey was phenomenally fast coming into the league, so even being a step slower, he's still faster than most in the league. On top of that, he's almost certainly the most technically sound cornerback the league has seen in a long time. Like alot of players, he suffered when the scheme brought in under Bates/Slowik didn't play to his strengths, and even then he was still basically shutting people down right up until he got hurt.

I'll still take Champ as the top CB in the game right now. That kid in Oakland is real close as a coverage corner, but he's never been the playmaker that Champ has.

I really think that the regime change will do wonders for getting his career back on track as well.

I hope you're right. He's a great player. I love the way he plays against the run. At times, he has been one of our most effective run stoppers on D, which you don't expect out of a 'cover' corner.

It is hard to tell, because no corner back looks good if there is zero pressure on the QB, so I would love to have this same discussion/poll at the end of the year and say, "Champ, without a doubt."

Los Broncos
08-02-2009, 09:21 AM
Teh clady