PDA

View Full Version : Check out these Videos and Pics from today

broncofan2438
08-01-2009, 08:45 PM
The first few are videos. Watch Marshall get slammed by Barrett

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=146896

BroncoDoug
08-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Nice, When I went on Friday I saw Marshall and Barrett pushing and shoving, its going to be interesting to see how all that plays out during camp...

iDENVER
08-01-2009, 09:10 PM
marshall and barret contact is some good stuff.. got the crowd pumped up

ghwk
08-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Any video of Hillis and Crowder anywhere?

BroncoMan4ever
08-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Nice, When I went on Friday I saw Marshall and Barrett pushing and shoving, its going to be interesting to see how all that plays out during camp...

good, Marshall deserves to have his ass kicked. knock some sense into him.

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 10:13 PM
anybody want to see a sick stiff arm?

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v690/zclevenger/?action=view&current=CIMG2389.flv

I guess if you're sitting in the VIP section you can take video???

BroncoMan4ever
08-01-2009, 10:15 PM
i am a big Barrett fan. I am loving that he is showing up and getting noticed.

even after getting that badass stiff arm he still didn't let go of Marshall.

montrose
08-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Marshall trucked Barrett yesterday.

Gcver2ver3
08-01-2009, 10:20 PM
wow...marshall got owned...

UberBroncoMan
08-01-2009, 10:27 PM
They trucked one another equally in both of their take downs.

lostknight
08-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Just as a note, I like some of the increase in tempo and physicality, but they also need to be careful not to injure too many players. Josh is playing with fire a bit. Practice in pads, and the number of two-a-days can wear a team down, and lead to injuries. It's a bit of a flip of the coin.

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 10:41 PM
They only had one practice today genius.

BroncoDoug
08-01-2009, 10:50 PM
They only had one practice today genius.

yeah, I like how he has it set up, its not two a days every single day, there are plenty of one day practices with lots of mettings

db56
08-01-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm on the J. Barrett bandwagon, dude has natural ability and with the right additude and some solid coaching could make it happen. Good to see him coming back and slamming Marshall to the turf! Marshall definitely needs to add toughness to his schtick, see Miami game last season.

Thanks for posting these!

montrose
08-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Still not sure if I see Josh making it. If I were McDaniels/Xanders and had to make my 53-man cut today, I'd have him on it but it'd be tight:

(3) QB: Orton, Simms, Brandstater
(4) HB: Moreno, Torain, Buckhalter, Jordan
(1) FB: Hillis
(6) WR: Marshall, Royal, Gaffney, Stokley, Lloyd, McKinley
(3) TE: Graham, Scheffler, Quinn
(8) OL: Clady, Hamilton, Wiegmann, Kuper, Harris, Polumbus, Olsen, Lichtensteiger
(7) DL: Fields, Thomas, Peterson, Powell, Baker, McBean, Pedescleaux
(4) OLB: Crowder, Reid, Dumervil, Ayers
(4) ILB: Williams, Davis, Larsen, Woodyard
(5) CB: Smith, Bailey, Goodman, Bell, Williams
(5) S: Dawkins, Hill, McBath, Bruton, Barrett
(3) ST: Prater, Kern, Paxson

Florida_Bronco
08-02-2009, 01:00 AM
Still not sure if I see Josh making it. If I were McDaniels/Xanders and had to make my 53-man cut today, I'd have him on it but it'd be tight:

(8) OL: Clady, Hamilton, Wiegmann, Kuper, Harris, Polumbus, Olsen, Lichtensteiger

I don't see Barrett not making the team. Him and McBath are probably the future at SS and FS respectively, with Bruton playing the ST demon/extra safety role that George Coghill excelled in.

Ratboy
08-02-2009, 01:11 AM

Good tackle by Barrett, but Marshall still has him beat, that stiff arm was gruesome.

Hulamau
08-02-2009, 01:24 AM
Just as a note, I like some of the increase in tempo and physicality, but they also need to be careful not to injure too many players. Josh is playing with fire a bit. Practice in pads, and the number of two-a-days can wear a team down, and lead to injuries. It's a bit of a flip of the coin.

Ahhh some more 'insight' from Mr. 'The Sky is Falling'. Relax .. so far I don't see a lot of evidence that McD is an idiot. I suspect the staff will have a good idea of when to ease off the pedal at times.

Hogan11
08-02-2009, 01:48 AM

Barrett's fast becoming one of my faves

Traveler
08-02-2009, 06:02 AM

I'm of the opposite opinion. This is exactly what this team needs. They have been way too soft in recent years. Kind of similar to when Cuoghlin took over ad HC with the Giants. There will be some grumbling early on and possibly a few injuries, but tye team team will benefit long term.

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 06:33 AM

The Bold and underlined are questionable IMO, but a very good list. I think Barrett is a lock. In fact, he'll be ahead of Bruton on that depth chart. JB has been running with the 2's and even got some reps with the 1s when Fox and McBath were out on day one... I'll pay close attention to that today.

montrose
08-02-2009, 06:36 AM
The Bold and underlined are questionable IMO, but a very good list. I think Barrett is a lock. In fact, he'll be ahead of Bruton on that depth chart. JB has been running with the 2's and even got some reps with the 1s when Fox and McBath were out on day one... I'll pay close attention to that today.

That would be simply based off the bit I saw. I thought Lloyd looked pretty good, who would put ahead of him? Chad Jackson? I wasn't terrible impressed with McBean but with Clemons hurt I figured he makes it. Who'd you put over him? Rulon Davis? J'Vonne Parker?

Drek
08-02-2009, 06:48 AM
I think McBean will make it, he's got a lot of potential but has exhausted most (all?) PS eligibility. A guy like Rulon Davis or Pedescleaux is easily slid to the PS and so we can keep them all if we go that route.

Barrett is adjusting to NFL speed and tempo very well physically, if he can do the same mentally he's a lock to make the team and probably to be a difference maker in a short while.

I see safety and CB as two spots where McDaniels will target flex roster spots. Our starting four as of now is pretty long in the tooth and we drafted a lot of young depth to train behind them. We need to keep the depth chart stocked for the possibility that one of the vets gets hurt.

McBath helps with that, he's very versatile so he could probably be used as a nickel CB in a pinch. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Bell or Jack Williams is on the chopping block first out of the young DBs because of that. I like them both and would like to see them stay, but if you can shift McBath down they're acceptable losses in order to keep someone like Barrett on the roster.

kent156
08-02-2009, 07:26 AM
those videos are promising it would be nice to see somebody make a drive killing open field tackle for a change

Broncoman13
08-02-2009, 07:32 AM
That would be simply based off the bit I saw. I thought Lloyd looked pretty good, who would put ahead of him? Chad Jackson? I wasn't terrible impressed with McBean but with Clemons hurt I figured he makes it. Who'd you put over him? Rulon Davis? J'Vonne Parker?

I think we'll carry 5 wide and that most likely leaves Lloyd as the odd man out. Rookie Center Blake Schlueter isn't a lock, but the team evidently likes everything about him. Need to make it a point to try and watch him.

I think we'll carry 9 LBs and 6 DLinemen simply b/c guys like Rulon Jones and J'Vonne Parker can be placed on the practice squad and guys like Ayers, Crowder, Reid, and Dumervil can put their hand in the dirt and play DE as well.

So, I just don't think McBean sticks... unless he starts turning in some good practices. Only day two so we don't have a big sample to go off of, but right now I wouldn't put him amongst the top 7 or 8. Just my opinion.

tsiguy96
08-02-2009, 07:38 AM
oskie, i think pats every single year have had minimum 6 WR, one year 7...

brother love
08-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Any video of Hillis and Crowder anywhere?

On Denverbroncos.com day 2 camp video at about 2:30 shows the hit.

rastaman
08-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Barrett's fast becoming one of my faves

Until he wants more money.......:~ohyah!:

_Oro_
08-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Wow its nice to hear some hits.

Baba Booey
08-02-2009, 09:04 PM
Barrett can lay wood