PDA

View Full Version : For you Shanny Fans...Shanahan spotted at Steelers Camp

Hogan11
08-01-2009, 11:16 AM
For those of you whom still care.....

Shanahan spotted at Steelers camp
by Lindsay Jones on August 1, 2009

So much for taking an August off.

Former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, along with his former defensive coordinator here in Denver, Bob Slowik, are spending Saturday at the Steelers’ training camp, according to a series of Twitter updates from NFL reporter Adam Schefter (soon to be of ESPN, formerly of The Denver Post and NFL Network).

Here’s what Adam (@Adam_Schefter) tweeted this morning:

9:03 a.m. EST: Mike Shanahan and Bob Slowik standing by Steelers defense, studying how the world champs do their thing.

9:57 a.m. EST: The other Mike and Mike: Mike Tomlin now talking with Mike Shanahan. Big welcome from Tomlin.

Interesting, don’t you think? Especially if Shanahan is serious about coaching again next season.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/08/01/shanahan-spotted-in-pittsburgh/

ludo21
08-01-2009, 11:21 AM
Shanny knows his defenses have sucked. So studying up and learning for next year what he will do is interesting.

Dragging Slowik around is interesting.. why the love for him?

Hogan11
08-01-2009, 11:25 AM
Shanny knows his defenses have sucked. So studying up and learning for next year what he will do is interesting.

He's his lackey.

~Crash~
08-01-2009, 11:26 AM

the guy is a lot like Dennison and Shanny must think smarts pays in the end it did when he stood behind Dennison

Hogan11
08-01-2009, 11:27 AM
My bad, I see this is already part of another thread, merge away

DomCasual
08-01-2009, 11:40 AM

Pictures. He has to have pictures.

DomCasual
08-01-2009, 11:41 AM
My bad, I see this is already part of another thread, merge away

Use EXISTING THREADS, freaking newb!

DomCasual
08-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Mwahahahahahaha!

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/15/128816306642988754.jpg

Tombstone RJ
08-01-2009, 11:52 AM

Former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan, along with his former defensive coordinator here in Denver, Bob Slowik, are spending Saturday at the Steelers’ training camp, according to a series of Twitter updates from NFL reporter Adam Schefter (soon to be of ESPN, formerly of The Denver Post and NFL Network).

9:03 a.m. EST: Mike Shanahan and Bob Slowik standing by Steelers defense, studying how the world champs do their thing.

9:57 a.m. EST: The other Mike and Mike: Mike Tomlin now talking with Mike Shanahan. Big welcome from Tomlin.

Interesting, don’t you think? Especially if Shanahan is serious about coaching again next season.

Best wishes for Mike, but IMHO he should have been doing this 10 years ago.

uplink
08-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Might be that Shanny used his time off to focus on his weaknesses as a coach and decided to do something about it. He is a successful guy however it looks like he couldn't rethink his defensive strategy while with the broncos. Too bad for us fans but McD will be good too.

Dukes
08-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Shanny keeping Slowik in his company says he didn't learn anything by being fired.

NFLBRONCO
08-01-2009, 12:39 PM
He can look at Pitt model all he wants but, his ability to draft D is his weakness. Shanny should land with a team with a solid D in place.

Los Broncos
08-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Look around before you post that stuff, stupid newbies.

NFLBRONCO
08-01-2009, 12:42 PM
What jobs do you see opening in 2010?

Dallas SD Chic Jax Carolina Houston Minn Buff

kupesdad
08-01-2009, 12:50 PM

Tour the NFL for less than 7 million per year.

listopencil
08-01-2009, 01:28 PM
Best wishes for Mike, but IMHO he should have been doing this 10 years ago.

I don't think NFL teams would let opposing coaches hang out and study like that.

Northman
08-01-2009, 01:40 PM
7 years too late Shanny. lmao

Popps
08-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Well, if you can't build a defense....

Hogan11
08-01-2009, 02:18 PM
Look around before you post that stuff, stupid newbies.

Yeah, I know...I deserve it. Oh well :ouwknow:

I was going to delete the thread, but since I don't run from my mistakes, I'll just leave it up to serve as a pinata.

Punisher
08-01-2009, 02:21 PM
9:03 a.m. EST: Mike Shanahan and Bob Slowik standing by Steelers defense, studying how the world champs do their thing

Why is Shanny still hanging with Slowdick?

atomicbloke
08-01-2009, 02:36 PM
Why is Shanny still hanging with Slowdick?

Because Slowik hid the pictures in a very secure location.....

UberBroncoMan
08-01-2009, 02:40 PM

They went to the University of Florida together. They are lifelong friends, which is why he didn't fire Slowik after the pathetic year, and what lead to his downfall. He put personal feelings in front of the success of the team.

Punisher
08-01-2009, 02:40 PM
because slowik hid the pictures in a very secure location.....

lmao!

rastaman
08-01-2009, 02:41 PM
7 years too late Shanny. lmao

Its never too late until you're 6 feet under or taking a permanent DIRT NAP. :sunshine:

rastaman
08-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I applaud Shanny for attempting to learn from and improve upon his greatest "Weakness" which is "Defense"!!!

This proves that Shanny knows he must change in order to stay relevant as a coach in the NFL. Hell even McD knows he must change and adjust to survive as an NFL HC as well.

Shanny likes a challenge and he's going prove Mc-Bowlen made a mistake getting rid of him about two years too early.

Can't wait for his return as an NFL HC in the near future.

Tombstone RJ
08-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I don't think NFL teams would let opposing coaches hang out and study like that.

Talking about switching to a base 3-4 and studying how teams like the Steelers have been so successful for so long. All the great coaches copy each other, that's no secret. Shanny could have hired someone from the Steeler's defensive coaching staff 5 years ago to come in and help transition.

Point being he was not proactive enough in changing the defense for the better.

Also, why is Tomlin so kind now to Shanny when he knows Shanny will be an opposing coach next year? Tomlin is happy to offer assistance because he knows its professional curtesy.

At the very least Shanny could have copied his best friend's approach to playing defense: Jeff Fischer. I'm sure if Shanny would have said to Jeff: "hey Jeff, I respect the way your defense plays, I need help with my teams inconsistent results, mind if I pick your brain?"

Think Fischer would say "No, sorry, can't help you dude."? I don't think he would...

lazarus4444
08-01-2009, 08:09 PM
I applaud Shanny for attempting to learn from and improve upon his greatest "Weakness" which is "Defense"!!!

This proves that Shanny knows he must change in order to stay relevant as a coach in the NFL. Hell even McD knows he must change and adjust to survive as an NFL HC as well.

Shanny likes a challenge and he's going prove Mc-Bowlen made a mistake getting rid of him about two years too early.

Can't wait for his return as an NFL HC in the near future.

Shanny needed a wakeup call and got fired. If he was still Broncos coach there is no way he does something like this to help improve the defense. The fact he is letting slovik tag along still is an epic fail destined to doom his career and HOF chances.

I know he is a good coach but why couldn't he change or recognize needs while he was here? Simple, nepotism. He delegated and stopped watching the hen house and the idiots raided the hen house while he was looking at the sunset.

elsid13
08-02-2009, 07:07 AM
Shanahan to visit
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/08/02/another_qb_still_an_option_for_patriots/
Former Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan is scheduled to visit training camp as a guest, soon-to-be-ESPN NFL reporter Adam Schefter reported on his Twitter feed after talking with Shanahan at Steelers camp . . . The Patriots waived punter Tom Malone, who was challenging veteran Chris Hanson . . . Outside linebacker Adalius Thomas, who is off to a strong start and at one point chased receiver Greg Lewis 50 yards downfield in a show of hustle, on the condition of his previously injured forearm: “So far, so good. [I’m] getting it back into shape.’’ . . . Quarterback Tom Brady and Moss spent parts of the afternoon practice working on pass plays inside the 10-yard line . . . For the third straight day, Moss was rested for the morning practice . . . The Patriots have gone full pads in each of their first six practices . . . Rookie offensive lineman Sebastian Vollmer worked at left tackle in place of Matt Light in both of yesterday’s sessions . . . Rookie Ron Brace, of Boston College, spent most of the day working at defensive end.

rastaman
08-02-2009, 10:37 AM
Shanny needed a wakeup call and got fired. If he was still Broncos coach there is no way he does something like this to help improve the defense. The fact he is letting slovik tag along still is an epic fail destined to doom his career and HOF chances.

I know he is a good coach but why couldn't he change or recognize needs while he was here? Simple, nepotism. He delegated and stopped watching the hen house and the idiots raided the hen house while he was looking at the sunset.

Its all about learning and adjusting. Shanny now knows he needs to change....nothing wrong with that...can't learn if you continue to stay stuborn and stuck in your ways. Shanny is a sure fire HOF coach his two SB victories guarantees it.

Shanny got lacked.....Bowlen got hasty and impatient.

R8R H8R
08-02-2009, 11:17 AM
The one thing Shanny can really learn the most from, is how the steelers approach personnel. He needs to spend a couple of days talking to their front-office, and figure out how the steelers seem to always have new players
step-up each year, no matter who they lost to injury,FA, or retirement.

Regardless of whether you love them or hate them, you would have to admit, the steelers know how to draft and manage FA.

CEH
08-02-2009, 03:19 PM
And Cutler's (Bears) camp is in a town called "Bourbon" - nais
Oh the irony

DBroncos4life
08-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Some team is going to get a motivated and angry Shanahan. Lets just hope that team is not in the AFC.