PDA

View Full Version : Time To call out #24

wolf754life
07-31-2009, 03:47 PM
read his article today on the denverpost title "champ longs for a championship"

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12954930

"It keeps me awake at night now," Bailey said this week. "That is no lie. It makes me kind of crazy. I've been impatient for the last four, five years, but it gets crazier and crazier every year, I'm losing sleep over it now. I'm working harder myself; at the same time, I need to make sure the other 52 guys are working as hard as I am."

Really Champ? you can't pass the conditioning test? the leader of our team, the figurehead of our leadership, and he can't get himself in shape.

Bailey wonders why he has never been on a team that has won anything meaningful....maybe he should look in the mirror....

he isn't even conducting himself like a professional....we all know he is overpaid, but we always gave him a pass due to his talent....

this has to stop, time to hold him accountable.

we expect more from our leaders...........

Eldorado
07-31-2009, 03:48 PM
1st!!1!!!!!1

lex
07-31-2009, 03:50 PM

"It keeps me awake at night now," Bailey said this week. "That is no lie. It makes me kind of crazy. I've been impatient for the last four, five years, but it gets crazier and crazier every year, I'm losing sleep over it now. I'm working harder myself; at the same time, I need to make sure the other 52 guys are working as hard as I am."

Really Champ? you can't pass the conditioning test?he leader of our team, the figurehead of our leadership, and he can't get himself in shape.

Bailey wonders why he has never been on a team that has won anything meaningful....maybe he should look in the mirror....

he isn't even conducting himself like a professional....we all know he is overpaid, but we always gave him a pass due to his talent....

Fair is fair.

But brace yourself for the jilted bedwetters who are all bent out of shape at such suggestions.

Gcver2ver3
07-31-2009, 03:53 PM

Really Champ? you can't pass the conditioning test? the leader of our team, the figurehead of our leadership, and he can't get himself in shape.

i'm one of the biggest champ apologists but actions speak louder than words...

not happy to hear he failed the cond test...with that said, i won't jump the gun yet...it's still early, but i am definitely not gonna let him off the hook if he doesn't bring it the way we need him to this year...

theAPAOps5
07-31-2009, 03:57 PM
I can't argue against it either. Timing of that article and failed conditioning test is not good.

McDman
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
Anyone ever think maybe he is hurt?

DenverBrit
07-31-2009, 03:58 PM
He failed the conditioning test? Didn't see that, only this:

Bailey reported to Broncos training camp Thursday along with the rest of the veterans,
but is on the active/physically unable to perform list despite participating in all the team's minicamps
and saying earlier this week he felt "100 percent."
Bailey had surgery on his elbow during the offseason.

theAPAOps5
07-31-2009, 03:59 PM
It hasn't been officially reported but off the record reports have the media talking. All of them saying the same thing.

NFLBRONCO
07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Its early in camp with a pro's pro and panic button is being hit. If its Sept 13th and he isn't playing then I get this stuff but, now NO.

Hogan11
07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Fair is fair.

But brace yourself for the jilted bedwetters who are all bent out of shape at such suggestions.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers....that said, Lex is right, although I think the days of Bailey being beyond criticism disappeared a year or so ago.

Take cover.

lex
07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
He failed the conditioning test? Didn't see that, only this:

I think I read the surgery was in Jan..

wolf754life
07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
he didn't pass the conditioning test... him, reynaldo hill, and marcus thomas....

they didn't take the off season seriously.........

champs words will ring hollow now that his teammates view him as a hypocrite.

highest paid guy on the squad and he can't get himself in shape.

Archer81
07-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Jesus Christ...its the first ****ing day...

:Broncos:

NFLBRONCO
07-31-2009, 04:11 PM
he didn't pass the conditioning test... him, reynaldo hill, and marcus thomas....

He is still in Stay in shape via Shanny way. This new regime of accountability will take alot of players time to actually follow it.

BMarsh615
07-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Charley Casserly is on The Fan right now and he drafted Champ Bailey in Washington. He says that he asked around and he was told that Champ didn't fail the conditioning test and he thinks they are just being smart and resting Champ...

24champ
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
Charley Casserly is on The Fan right now and he drafted Champ Bailey in Washington. He says that he asked around and he was told that Champ didn't fail the conditioning test and he thinks they are just being smart and resting Champ...

Sounds about right, another typical omane overreaction started by Wolf.

Jason in LA
07-31-2009, 04:23 PM
The article didn't say that he failed the physical conditioning test. McDaniels needs to clear up why these players are on the PUP list so there won't be speculation about it. It's possible that he didn't pass the conditioning test, but it is also very possible that it is a different problem that has nothing to do with his conditioning.

Whether it turns out to be true or not, seems like somebody just likes to stir the pot by jumping to a conclusion without any real information about the situation.

Archer81
07-31-2009, 04:25 PM
I find it funny that people automatically assume Bailey doesnt know how to condition his body for football after 20 years of playing it.

tsiguy96
07-31-2009, 04:26 PM

you think the morons here would use their brains. champ has the athletic ability to not practice all summer and still pass the conditioning test. wolfe should prolly have posting privileges suspended til he grows common sense.

atomicbloke
07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
Champ was the ONLY guy on defense making plays last season.... he had to run up to tackle the RB almost everytime the RB got a touch....

The dude got hurt being overused.... he had surgery in the off season.... give him a break.... with even average talent around him, we know he can be phenomenal (even by his standards)....

Archer81
07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
you think the morons here would use their brains. champ has the athletic ability to not practice all summer and still pass the conditioning test. wolfe should prolly have posting privileges suspended til he grows common sense.

Sensing a pattern with Wolf. Shanahan, Plummer, Bailey...like he has a hit list or something.

Greybeard
07-31-2009, 04:30 PM
The article didn't say that he failed the physical conditioning test. McDaniels needs to clear up why these players are on the PUP list so there won't be speculation about it. It's possible that he didn't pass the conditioning test, but it is also very possible that it is a different problem that has nothing to do with his conditioning.

Whether it turns out to be true or not, seems like somebody just likes to stir the pot by jumping to a conclusion without any real information about the situation.

Thank you. I've gotten the same impression . . .

-----

dbfan4life
07-31-2009, 04:38 PM
Jesus Christ...its the first ****ing day...

You fail to recognize the king of all negative started this thread.

Champ is not above criticism but cetainly not to the point that he deserves to be raked over the coals, either.

How easily it is forgotten that he was by far one of two best guys on this defense for a long time.

Archer81
07-31-2009, 04:41 PM
You fail to recognize the king of all negative started this thread.

Champ is not above criticism but cetainly not to the point that he deserves to be raked over the coals, either.

How easily it is forgotten that he was by far one of two best guys on this defense for a long time.

And directly responsible for our one playoff win this decade.

broncofan2438
07-31-2009, 04:41 PM
This is gonna get blown way outta wack here. He is just relaxing. MCD wants to keep his t's crossed and i's dotted

footstepsfrom#27
07-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Landing on PUP doesn't mean you didn't pass the conditioning test, it means you have a physical issue keeping you off the field. In this case that's probably his elbow surgery, likely still limiting what he's able to do. If i recall correctly the original story stated that Marcus Thomas hadn't passed the conditioning test, not Champ. Nobody works harder than Bailey and I have no doubt his problem is not related to laziness as some of you geniuses are implying.

cutthemdown
07-31-2009, 04:43 PM
It worries me because Champ said he was 100%. If his 100% fails a test what does that mean?

Drek
07-31-2009, 05:01 PM

What possibly makes you think he cares about media speculation, let alone our speculation on this board?

He comes from an organization that refers to a sprained ankle as a "lower body injury" and only does that when it is absolutely imperative that they give injury statements per league rules. People (media and fans alike) need to realize that Dove Valley will no longer be the sieve of information it used to be where every reporter had a viable leak they could pump for info.

Hulamau
07-31-2009, 05:33 PM

Get a grip and relax dude! McD even said at the end of practice when asked specifically about Champ that "He wasn't commenting on injuries now or any time this season so get used to it. Champ and the others will be back on the field when they are physically able to perform.

Maybe it was conditioning, but McD seemed to imply an injury in Champs case. For all you know he tweaked a hammy during the conditioning test?? Quote wetting the bed before you know what in the crap is going on!

Champ has been the most consistent guy on this team since he got here and yet you're ready to tar and feather him without knowing your but from third base yet! This is just being a Nervous Nelly of the first order . Why not take a chill pill for at least the fist day or so until you actually learn what the hell is going on before flaming out her on Day 1!

There's a lot to be excited about here and focus on while you wait to find out which way is up? And I suspect Champ is one of the least issues on the team

Malcontent
07-31-2009, 05:48 PM
This thread never should have been started...Oh..I see who started it.

missingnumber7
07-31-2009, 06:04 PM
So basically Champ reported the team said hey...let's check out that elbow before you get hit and mess it up again...simple reason to be on the pup. Greek or the docs or whomever will medically clear him hasn't done so yet. Good enough for me.

Broncofan_H
07-31-2009, 06:09 PM
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

USMCBladerunner
07-31-2009, 06:14 PM
Champ nor any other player is immune from criticism...but I suspect that his presence on the PUP list is due to injury rather than fitness.

TheChamp24
07-31-2009, 06:16 PM
In other news, I had some good Mac & Cheese!

Broncomutt
07-31-2009, 06:32 PM
Well Champ. The next time Big Ben hits you in the numbers for a pick 6, catch it! Then maybe your dreams will come true, lol.

rastaman
07-31-2009, 07:32 PM

We also expect better behavior and attitudes from unrealistic fans such as your self. Champ has already proven himself......can he help he's plays for a team whoes D absolutely sucks....i.e. no pass rush and LB's who couldn't tackle on a consistent basis.

Tell ya what put Champ on the Steelers and that outta change your tune and outlook.

rastaman
07-31-2009, 07:39 PM

You wouldn't have pass the conditioning test either! First b/c you are more than likely athletically challenged (bad genes), and wouldn't have the heart nor discipline to even attempt to get into professional football league SHAPE!

In fact you got the easiest job in the world.....as an un-realistic FAN.

tsiguy96
07-31-2009, 07:41 PM
champ can never, ever be called out, especially in the offseason. his play has warranted him so many "passes" especially when we dont even know why he is not out there. show some respect to the only guy on teh team who is a potential HOFer

BMarsh615
08-01-2009, 09:31 AM
After beginning full-squad<wbr> training camp on the physically<wbr> unable to perform (PUP) list Friday, it is expected as of early Saturday morning that cornerback<wbr> Champ Bailey, defensive tackle Marcus Thomas, and safety Renaldo Hill will practice Saturday.
Multiple sources reported this news to FOX31's Josina Anderson early Saturday morning, clearly barring any sudden changes.

The Denver Broncos are scheduled to start their workout today at 2:30pm MST.
It is now 9:15am, Saturday Morning.

http://community.kdvr.com/_UPDATE-BAILEY-THOMAS-HILL-EXPECTED-TO-PRACTICE-SATURDAY/BLOG/488821/96399.html?widgetId=216686

DenverBrit
08-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Now that Shanny has gone, Wolf has to have someone to b*tch about.

Once Champ is back on the field, Wolf will whine about someone else.

atomicbloke
08-01-2009, 09:54 AM
Well Champ. The next time Big Ben hits you in the numbers for a pick 6, catch it! Then maybe your dreams will come true, lol.

It'll take me a while to forget that play :(

Jason in LA
08-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Now that Shanny has gone, Wolf has to have someone to b*tch about.

Once Champ is back on the field, Wolf will whine about someone else.

I used to think that he just hated Shanny, but now that he's found a new target, turns out that he's just a complainer. Complainers are annoying people. Especially people who just make up a situation and then complain about that situation, which they totally made up. There is a whole lot to complain about this offseason. I can't figure out why wolf chose to complain about Champ, and why he chose to make something up to complain about. Like there isn't already enough to go on.

Broncos4tw
08-01-2009, 10:20 AM
The day Champ stops performing on the field, you can call him out. But considering he consistently year after year, performs at a very high level, I think it's a bit premature to be calling him out for anything.

bronco militia
08-01-2009, 10:45 AM
for the last three seasons, champ has been the broncos best DB and best front 7 player.

Northman
08-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Anyone ever think maybe he is hurt?

Seems to be a constant problem with him the last couple of years. We are paying big money for a guy to spend most of his time on the sideline which is a waste.

TheDave
08-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Though I can't stand Wolf or his act... IF Champ really did fail his conditioning test I can't argue with him on this.

Paladin
08-01-2009, 03:57 PM
McDaniels needs to clear up why these players are on the PUP list so there won't be speculation about it.

Whys should he? Nothing really matters until they begin playing the games. There is no reason to tell the media much of anything about anything. You can see the practices or get reports, but anything else is just pampering to the hero-worshippers or fantasy football wannabes, and doesn't amount to a hill of beans.....

broncogary
08-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Champ was the ONLY guy on defense making plays last season.... .

Ever heard of Wesley Woodyard? Ha!

Anaximines
08-01-2009, 07:02 PM
I haven't read through everyone's comments so I don't presume to be breaking new ground here but I've got a hunch that Champ having these problems (the conditioning test and being out of football shape in his own words according to Kaylore's report) has a lot to do with the regime change. Remember... wasn't it Slowik that Champ said was the best coach for the DBs he'd ever been around? Am I remembering that right?

wolf754life
08-02-2009, 05:17 PM
I was and still am right about bailey, he did fail the test, it has been confirmed. Bash me all you want but maybe our highest paid guy will take his job seriously......

maybe not....

he is on notice.

tnedator
08-02-2009, 05:20 PM
I was and still am right about bailey, he did fail the test, it has been confirmed. Bash me all you want but maybe our highest paid guy will take his job seriously......

maybe not....

he is on notice.

Based on what has been reported to date, it is hard to tell whether he failed the first test, or they didn't have him take it because he or they didn't think he was in the condition to take it.

RonDaChamp24
08-02-2009, 05:25 PM
There's no reason to be upset or "call out" Champ Bailey out over anything. He's still probably the best CB in the league. So he showed up a little out of shape. He's human, people make mistakes. In the words of AI "This is practice. Not a game. Practice." Champ will be ready come GAME TIME which is all that really matters.

lex
08-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Sorry, but when someone with "Champ24" in his user name defends Champ, it just doesnt seem as well reasoned as it would be if they werent such obvious Champ homers.

ZONA
08-03-2009, 03:50 AM
NO player is above being held accountable for their play and for some to suggest that Champ gets that is ridiculous. Maybe some people here don't hold him accountable but they don't matter. The coaches and his teammates do and he lives up to and usually exceeds them. I think some people forget he was out on that field a few years ago with one arm essentially strapped down to his side and he still made a ton of plays for us. I highly doubt he is out of shape, enough to the point where he would fail a conditioning test. All I know come opening day, he'll still be the best defensive player we have on the field. Guaranteed.

ELEVATION
08-03-2009, 03:53 AM
i think he has earned the right to be a little overzealous, anxious and lippy with regards to how things are going, what he sees etc........just as much as the posters here have the right to say what they want....

im sure the dude got a little reality check like many people do in life...its done with......