PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to those providing camp reports.

lex
07-31-2009, 01:17 PM
I thought it might make sense to create a thread for those of us who are not there to thank everyone for providing camp updates. Its very much appreciated. You guys are really taking in a lot information and doing a good job of presenting it to the rest of us. Kudos!

Los Broncos
07-31-2009, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the hard work, I really appreciate it.

Broncos_OTM
07-31-2009, 01:46 PM
no doubt about it . great reports

CoopDawg
07-31-2009, 02:25 PM
Thanks a lot guys, invaluable insight.

crowebomber
07-31-2009, 02:27 PM
I agree with Lex. I think I just puked in my mouth typing that.

BowlenBall
07-31-2009, 02:39 PM
Amazing 1st day coverage from several sectors. Here's how I'd rank it:

1) Orange Mane reports -- what do we have, 5 different members (Oskie, Kaylore, Montrose, 24Champ, Rock Chalk), each providing REAMS of reports, and actually dividing up labor so that they're each watching different things? Best fans in all of football, I tell ya....

2) Mile High Report reports -- Not sure if John Bena is a OM member (I'm guessing he is), but he's also doing a pretty good job over there. The site has really become a useful reference for die-hard Broncos fanatics.

3) DenverBroncos.com -- a pretty nice 1st day wrap-up from them as well, and the pretty pictures are always a nice bonus. Let's hope they keep up the good work for the next month.

4) Rocky Mountain News -- even shut down, they're better than....

5) Denver Post -- Somewhat disappointing coverage the last few months from the Denver Post. Having lost their main competitor seems to have them all complacent. A bare minimum of articles are written, and what is there seems to be uninspired. Of particular note, I'm still a bit annoyed about the reporter who was wondering who this Everette Pedesclaux character was. That really showed me that he wasn't engaged in his job, is not a Broncos fan, and hasn't been reading the OM, MHR, or the Denver Broncos website, as Pedesclaux has been featured in all of those several times over the last three months. Seriously, dude -- your job is to watch sports all day and write about them. What's the problem?

Anyway, major props to the Orange Maners who are giving us our daily fix. Much appreciated!

MileHighMagic
07-31-2009, 02:42 PM
Thx fellas!

Broncoman13
07-31-2009, 02:50 PM

1) Orange Mane reports -- what do we have, 5 different members (Oskie, Kaylore, Montrose, 24Champ, Rock Chalk), each providing REAMS of reports, and actually dividing up labor so that they're each watching different things? Best fans in all of football, I tell ya....

2) Mile High Report reports -- Not sure if John Bena is a OM member (I'm guessing he is), but he's also doing a pretty good job over there. The site has really become a useful reference for die-hard Broncos fanatics.

3) DenverBroncos.com -- a pretty nice 1st day wrap-up from them as well, and the pretty pictures are always a nice bonus. Let's hope they keep up the good work for the next month.

5) Denver Post -- Somewhat disappointing coverage the last few months from the Denver Post. Having lost their main competitor seems to have them all complacent. A bare minimum of articles are written, and what is there seems to be uninspired. Of particular note, I'm still a bit annoyed about the reporter who was wondering who this Everette Pedesclaux character was. That really showed me that he wasn't engaged in his job, is not a Broncos fan, and hasn't been reading the OM, MHR, or the Denver Broncos website, as Pedesclaux has been featured in all of those several times over the last three months. Seriously, dude -- your job is to watch sports all day and write about them. What's the problem?

Anyway, major props to the Orange Maners who are giving us our daily fix. Much appreciated!

You know, I lived in Houston and would come on the OM and click refresh 1000 x per day for Khan's reports. To be a part of this, at least for me, is an honor to give the same thing that I used to so look forward to. Glad you guys are liking the reports. They will only get better as we too are learning a lot about this team. We went in knowing that the first couple reports would be tough b/c of the amount of differences from year's past. Not just the massive personnel changes but the overall theme. Lots of changes going on at Dove Valley and I have to admit, I'm liking them. Apa is on tonight and will offer a different perspective from Khan and I. I look forward to seeing his reports and seeing what he thinks of the massive changes from years past. Fortunately we're all quite familiar with how Shanny ran things so we can offer a pretty good comparison.

tsiguy96
07-31-2009, 02:57 PM
suck it lex you whiny pussy.

telluride
07-31-2009, 03:05 PM
Indeed! Great work all around, and much appreciated.

Hogan11
07-31-2009, 03:08 PM
I look forward to these every year and every year they deliver. Awesome job guys, it's very much appreciated. :thumbs:

azbroncfan
07-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks guys. I don't even go to any of the fluff article sites and just wait to see what you guys are reporting. Thank you.

dbfan4life
07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Good thread. Absolutley thanks to all who contribute. You all are very much appreciated!

Cmac821
07-31-2009, 03:16 PM
Do they have like press passes or something? Their reports sound like it

fido
07-31-2009, 03:32 PM
Absolutely fantastic reporting guys! And many thanks also.

prodigalson139
07-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks so very much. I always look forward to this point in the season! You guys are so valuable and this community is fortunate!

Requiem
07-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Yes, thank you. Shameless plug, but BroncoTalk is also providing some camp reports. Not as in-depth, but they are there as well. Thanks once again to all you guys who make it happen.

mr007
07-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Concur with everyone else. Thanks a lot guys, they are very much appreciated!

Broncosfreak_56
07-31-2009, 04:29 PM
You guys are awesome.

broncofan2438
07-31-2009, 04:31 PM

I absolutely agree. I cant stand the local papers and writers. They give bullcrap updates and are very bias.

The O'Mane rocks and so do the updates

Hulamau
07-31-2009, 04:37 PM
Props to all our beat writers!

BroncsRule
07-31-2009, 05:02 PM
Four words:

We. Are. Not. Worthy!!

Memento
07-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Awesome job all! Thanks from those of us who can't attend (but wish we could)!

Haroldthebarrel
07-31-2009, 05:41 PM
I wish to thank all of you who take the effort to do these reports.
Orangemane has always been great at the training camp reports and they only seem to get better.
It is so nice to have internet and being able to follow up on the Broncos when you live in Europe as I do.
So again, thank all of you for the great reports.

mhgaffney
07-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Don't expect much from the Post. Indeed -- expect less.

Like all newspapers -- they are facing tough times.

Soon newspapers will be a memory.

BlaK-Argentina
07-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Excellent job as always. Many many many thanks!

KevinJames
07-31-2009, 06:58 PM
Thanks everyone !

tnedator
07-31-2009, 07:03 PM
Did Kaylore and company go to the evening practice?

Taco John
07-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Do they have like press passes or something? Their reports sound like it

Yes. We have been granted press access for training camp, so our guys are behind the lines.

Taco John
07-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Did Kaylore and company go to the evening practice?

We will have someone to cover every practice.

80smith
07-31-2009, 08:18 PM
Thanks guys....

Dark Helmet
07-31-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys!

OABB
07-31-2009, 09:36 PM
Oh god, thank you guys....these reports are such a nice change of pace from the civil war and bitchiness that has run itself rampant here. i think many are going a little too optimistic and the kool aid is flowing, but I welcome some happiness here on the mane. Socal, blue, lex, mock and all the other annoying debbie downers have been quiet today, well except for Lex, and I must say it is nice.

BroncoDoug
07-31-2009, 09:40 PM
I have some pics and some opinions if anyone is interested, the rest of the guys did a good job, but if you want more I could do another one from both practices...

theAPAOps5
07-31-2009, 09:41 PM
I have some pics and some opinions if anyone is interested, the rest of the guys did a good job, but if you want more I could do another one from both practices...

Man start a thread and post away. Everyone sees something different its hard to catch it all. The more the merrier!

Rock Chalk
07-31-2009, 10:29 PM

By all means.

Hopefully you are a better judge of talent than Kaylore and Oskie :)

I remember the Darius Watts, Adrian Madise and Dominque Hixon (they were, in all fairness, kinda right on that one) craze.

Kaylore raved about Jarvis Moss his rookie year. RAVED. Said we would suck without him. Well, we did, but then we sucked with him too so nyah.

I kid, I kid. Everyone does a great job in providing some perspective.

lazarus4444
07-31-2009, 10:31 PM
:thumbsup:I have some pics and some opinions if anyone is interested, the rest of the guys did a good job, but if you want more I could do another one from both practices...

I'm interested in any and all opinions!:thumbsup:

Kaylore
07-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Kaylore raved about Jarvis Moss his rookie year. RAVED. Said we would suck without him. Well, we did

See? I was right! :approve:

tnedator
07-31-2009, 11:08 PM
We will have someone to cover every practice.

Great news.

Rock Chalk
08-01-2009, 04:39 AM
See? I was right! :approve:

Yes you were.

But we sucked with him too ;)

Cmac821
08-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Yes. We have been granted press access for training camp, so our guys are behind the lines.

That's awesome they recognize us as press, the Mane is moving up in the world.

And thanks again for all the reports