PDA

View Full Version : Can I change my prediction to 13-3? Montrose's 7/31 AM Report

montrose
07-31-2009, 11:24 AM
Sorry this is short but the server screw up cost me my more detailed report. Most crowded camp Ive ever seen, everything is different! It only took me about 20 minutes to see what makes New England so good. Heres a basic breakdown of the new schedule:

1) Players do dynamic stretching (A and B Skips, Sprinting, Lunging) to music that pumps throughout the facilities.
2) Offense and defense stretch together in lines, actually stretching instead of horsing around like in the past.
3) Players spend a majority of practice with their position coaches and doing individual drills. These include TEs using shutes, RBs going through strip drills, WRs catching passes along the sideline and running detailed routes through cones, OL hitting the sled, DL working with their hands, OLBs working on pass rush moves, ILB working on tackling, STers practicing keeping punts out of the end-zone, etc. Ive never seen anything more detailed or organized. They are really focusing on the little things.
4) Some players go to inside run while the WRs and DBs work against each other.
5) OL and DL work together while skilled position players work together.
6) Full team practice 1st team vs. 1st team, 2nd team vs. 2nd team, etc.
* There was also special teams work mixed in.

Players who impressed me:

Kyle Orton Weve got ourselves a QB, hes extremely accurate and has plenty of arm strength. We ran a lot of the NE screens and intermediate routes of which Orton looked great. I only saw one incomplete pass and that was a miscommunication with the WR. He looks very comfortable in the pocket and has nice footwork. He threw a beautiful touch pass over Lee Robinson to Jabar Gaffney and later lasered a pass to Brandon Lloyd on the sidelines. He honestly looked like Tom Brady to me.

Ryan Torain and Peyton Hillis Far and away the best of the backs. Torain looked very explosive and powerful, demonstrating good vision while Hillis was used in a variety of ways including running the ball and running pass patterns.

Jabar Gaffney He looked great running awesome routes and didnt drop a pass. Already with good chemistry between he and Orton Gaffney seemed to catch the most passes of anyone today.

Brandon Marshall Pay him, he looked awesome and will be a monster in this system. Didnt drop a pass and had a nice one-armed snag. He trucked Josh Barrett in a one-on-one drill where the WRs and DBs explode at each other full speed.

Tim Crowder and Darrell Reid Holy crap! Talk about a position change being of benefit! Both guys have really good footwork and did an awesome job crashing down on the line. Crowder looked the best of the OLBs and had a few would-be sacks beating both Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris.

Ronald Fields and Chris Baker Saw both guys control the line of scrimmage and blow up their fair share of plays. Casey Wiegmann is going to hate full-pad practices with this DL (yes I actually said that).

Spencer Larsen and Wesley Woodyard Each had their moments with Larsen blowing up Torain in the hole and Woodyard smashing an OL back into LaMont Jordans lap. Woodyard should be in the nickel and Larsen may push Andra Davis who looked solid.

Alphonso Smith Dont worry about the draft pick, this kid is an unbelievable player. Best ball skills Ive ever seen in a DB and also blocked a kick. I could see him as our #1 CB by Week 1.

And those who didnt impress me:

Chris Simms He has a strong arm but was not accurate, misthrowing some out routes and not looking nearly as good as Orton in the offense.

LaMont Jordan He looked slow without any burst and not a lot of power. Torain looked much better to me.

Jarvis Moss Its not going to work guys. Richard Quinn and Tony Scheffler ate his lunch all day.

Brett Kern and Brandon Colquitt Neither punter looked very good today.

Again, sorry for the abbreviated report as my more detailed one was lost. Feel free to shoot away questions and Ill try my best to answer.

tsiguy96
07-31-2009, 11:29 AM
start saving reports in word before the OM!

cant wait to see the season, and all the haters sucking ortons theoretical weiner.

TailgateNut
07-31-2009, 11:29 AM
The Jay lovers/ McD hater wont appreciate your report. I do.

broncofan2438
07-31-2009, 11:44 AM
Nice report, its funny to here the difference of opinions on Orton, other people say Orton sucks today

montrose
07-31-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm in this picture! I'm the guy in the floppy hat with the blue jersey on near the top/middle.

http://web1.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/09%20Blogs/trainingcamp/090731/fans1_ks_090731.jpg

cmhargrove
07-31-2009, 11:49 AM
It's nice to hear that Crowder has a shot.

SOLB has been the position that worried me the most, and now it looks like we will have some competition between Reid, Crowder, and Ayers.

dbfan21
07-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Awesome work Montrose! Thank you so much for sending your resport to those of us who cannot attend camp. I am very encouraged about the improved warm-ups, stretching drills, the info on Orton, Torain/Hillis, Crowder beating our OTs, etc.

Great job man!!:thumbs:

lex
07-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Nice work. One thing thats kind of cool about going full pads is that you dont have the "yeah but wait until they go full pads" when reading about a good play. I guess, a little of that is still in play since they cant tackle the QB but, nevertheless, Im liking the full pads.

SoDak Bronco
07-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Montrose...that was almost better then sex. haha thanks for the report

SureShot
07-31-2009, 11:55 AM

Enough already. There isn't one person here that doesn't want to see the team do well.

Traveler
07-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Jarvis Moss Its not going to work guys. Richard Quinn and Tony Scheffler ate his lunch all day.

Jarvis Moss for Alan Branch straight up!^5

broncosteven
07-31-2009, 11:56 AM
How does the Oline look?

How is the depth on the Dline?

Do you think Smith is going to beat out Champ?

Gcver2ver3
07-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Sorry this is short but the server screw up cost me my more detailed report. Most crowded camp Ive ever seen, everything is different! It only took me about 20 minutes to see what makes New England so good. Heres a basic breakdown of the new schedule:

1) Players do dynamic stretching (A and B Skips, Sprinting, Lunging) to music that pumps throughout the facilities.
2) Offense and defense stretch together in lines, actually stretching instead of horsing around like in the past.
3) Players spend a majority of practice with their position coaches and doing individual drills. These include TEs using shutes, RBs going through strip drills, WRs catching passes along the sideline and running detailed routes through cones, OL hitting the sled, DL working with their hands, OLBs working on pass rush moves, ILB working on tackling, STers practicing keeping punts out of the end-zone, etc. Ive never seen anything more detailed or organized. They are really focusing on the little things.

Kyle Orton Weve got ourselves a QB, hes extremely accurate and has plenty of arm strength. We ran a lot of the NE screens and intermediate routes of which Orton looked great. I only saw one incomplete pass and that was a miscommunication with the WR. He looks very comfortable in the pocket and has nice footwork. He threw a beautiful touch pass over Lee Robinson to Jabar Gaffney and later lasered a pass to Brandon Lloyd on the sidelines. He honestly looked like Tom Brady to me.

Ryan Torain and Peyton Hillis Far and away the best of the backs. Torain looked very explosive and powerful, demonstrating good vision while Hillis was used in a variety of ways including running the ball and running pass patterns.

Jabar Gaffney He looked great running awesome routes and didnt drop a pass. Already with good chemistry between he and Orton Gaffney seemed to catch the most passes of anyone today.

Brandon Marshall Pay him, he looked awesome and will be a monster in this system. Didnt drop a pass and had a nice one-armed snag. He trucked Josh Barrett in a one-on-one drill where the WRs and DBs explode at each other full speed.

Tim Crowder and Darrell Reid Holy crap! Talk about a position change being of benefit! Both guys have really good footwork and did an awesome job crashing down on the line. Crowder looked the best of the OLBs and had a few would-be sacks beating both Ryan Clady and Ryan Harris.

Ronald Fields and Chris Baker Saw both guys control the line of scrimmage and blow up their fair share of plays. Casey Wiegmann is going to hate full-pad practices with this DL (yes I actually said that).

Spencer Larsen and Wesley Woodyard Each had their moments with Larsen blowing up Torain in the hole and Woodyard smashing an OL back into LaMont Jordans lap. Woodyard should be in the nickel and Larsen may push Andra Davis who looked solid.

Alphonso Smith Dont worry about the draft pick, this kid is an unbelievable player. Best ball skills Ive ever seen in a DB and also blocked a kick. I could see him as our #1 CB by Week 1.

Chris Simms He has a strong arm but was not accurate, misthrowing some out routes and not looking nearly as good as Orton in the offense.

LaMont Jordan He looked slow without any burst and not a lot of power. Torain looked much better to me.

Again, sorry for the abbreviated report as my more detailed one was lost. Feel free to shoot away questions and Ill try my best to answer.

you the man montrose....peroid!...

Punisher
07-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Spencer Larsen and Wesley Woodyard – Each had their moments with Larsen blowing up Torain in the hole and Woodyard smashing an OL back into LaMont Jordan’s lap. Woodyard should be in the nickel and Larsen may push Andra Davis who looked solid.

YES Start Larsen!

gyldenlove
07-31-2009, 12:07 PM
This is what I want, good news. Keep it coming and keep telling me Hillis is getting the ball and making people look stupid.

Sassy
07-31-2009, 12:08 PM

Not true. I think anyone right now that is a Bronco fan appreciates these reports!^5

philiptr2
07-31-2009, 12:11 PM
Most crowded camp Ive ever seen, everything is different!

I agree completely...there are a lot of people excited, or maybe curious about Broncos football this year.

I thought Buck looked good in the drills, but Torain and Hillis really shined when people started hitting.

Brandon Marshall Pay him, he looked awesome and will be a monster in this system. Didnt drop a pass and had a nice one-armed snag. .

He is out to impress...he is even trying to buy some favor with with fans. I saw hime high-five a kid that was walking along the side of the field at one point after he caught a ball. Later he pointed out a kid that was wearing a 15 jersey and called him over and gave him a football. Everybody around switched from "trade him" to "wow, Brandon is great...what a nice guy." Good PR move by BMarsh.

I couldn't see a whole lot else because it was so crowded, and the heat was getting to me. It seemed like a good practice...focused and efficient.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2009, 12:16 PM
All that and only 13-3?

Wuss.

I say 14-2.

DomCasual
07-31-2009, 12:16 PM

This is going to end up in someone's signature - it would be great if it was montrose's, at some point.

RonDaChamp24
07-31-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks Montrose. Although, not too sure about your comment about Smith being the #1 CB by week 1. Did you forget that we have Champ Bailey?

broncosteven
07-31-2009, 12:20 PM
Good stuff Montrose,

Right now I think we all feel that they can beat NE, Pitt, Sweep Chuggers, etc...

Now that Camp is here I can't wait for 8/13!

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2009, 12:21 PM
This is going to end up in someone's signature - it would be great if it was montrose's, at some point.

Seriously.....unless Orton finds himself writhing around on the ground holding his knee, I can pretty much guarantee you won't see that comparison again....at least in a serious discussion.

Rabb
07-31-2009, 12:26 PM
I am encouraged to hear such good things about Smith so far. Also, I wonder if Brandon is realizing that this is the best place for him now?

DomCasual
07-31-2009, 12:28 PM
I'm in this picture! I'm the guy in the floppy hat with the blue jersey on near the top/middle.

Did you ever talk with 24Champ? He was sitting right down in front of you.

SportinOne
07-31-2009, 12:28 PM

You should have put this at the top, it would have saved me a lot of time.

broncosteven
07-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Is Larsen playing both ways, LB and FB?

Kaylore
07-31-2009, 12:32 PM
Is Larsen playing both ways, LB and FB?

Yes.

2KBack
07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Seriously.....unless Orton finds himself writhing around on the ground holding his knee, I can pretty much guarantee you won't see that comparison again....at least in a serious discussion.

you're kidding right? Justified or not, if Orton starts having a lot of success here, that comparison will be made everywhere.

Crushaholic
07-31-2009, 12:49 PM
Eddie Royal agreed with montrose in his facebook status, today. He also liked the way practice went...

BroncoMan4ever
07-31-2009, 01:00 PM
Montrose...that was almost better then sex. haha thanks for the report

Montrose, the report was great, but SoDak, i think you may not be having sex right.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2009, 01:17 PM
you're kidding right? Justified or not, if Orton starts having a lot of success here, that comparison will be made everywhere.

Cassel, yes. Brady? Not any time soon.

Rock Chalk
07-31-2009, 01:42 PM

Probably not, unless Orton wins 3 superbowls in 4 years.

But the comparison is fairly accurate. BRady is smart, and accurate, but not the most mobile or strongest armed QB.

Orton is smart, and accurate but not the most mobile or strongest armed QB.

TheReverend
07-31-2009, 01:44 PM
He honestly looked like Tom Brady to me.

http://brightstarlights.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/tom-brady-2.jpg

http://addins.wgem.com/blogs/sports/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/orton.jpg

I don't see it...

Greybeard
07-31-2009, 01:45 PM

Why not? Because his name is Orton? Orton has a stronger arm and is more
mobile than Brady, and reading defenses and decision-making is a strength of
his. I'm not going to join in and say Orton will never be in Brady's class. He may
not, but then he may, too.

-----

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2009, 01:54 PM
Probably not, unless Orton wins 3 superbowls in 4 years.

But the comparison is fairly accurate. BRady is smart, and accurate, but not the most mobile or strongest armed QB.

Orton is smart, and accurate but not the most mobile or strongest armed QB.

So let's throw Griese in there too. He fits all of the above criteria......along with at least a dozen other QBs in the league.

Call me crazy, but I just can't let a comparison of Orton and Brady after one freakin practice go by completely unchecked.....

Broncoman13
07-31-2009, 01:56 PM

http://web1.denverbroncos.com/resources/custom/Images/09%20Blogs/trainingcamp/090731/fans1_ks_090731.jpg

Hey, I know that guy sitting next to you... We've been kicking it with each other for the last three years. Good dude.

Beantown Bronco
07-31-2009, 01:57 PM
I'm not going to join in and say Orton will never be in Brady's class.

Nobody ever said never. Just not any time soon.

Stranger things have happened I guess....but this is just a crazy thing to read after one July practice against the worst pass defense in the league, missing it's 2 best players....see what I'm saying?

tnedator
07-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks Montrose. Although, not too sure about your comment about Smith being the #1 CB by week 1. Did you forget that we have Champ Bailey?

Great report, thanks. However, I was going to post this same thing in regards to Smith as #1 CB.

Do you really think he is going to pass Champ on the depth chart?

2KBack
07-31-2009, 02:00 PM
So let's throw Griese in there too. He fits all of the above criteria......along with at least a dozen other QBs in the league.

Call me crazy, but I just can't let a comparison of Orton and Brady after one freakin practice go by completely unchecked.....

You're crazy. Those kind of comparisons are tossed around anually and no one has been hurt by it yet. I don't think people need a discussion board Hyperbole monitor.

TheDave
07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
13-3... Orton looked like Brady... Alphonso to supplant Champ by week 1...

Montrose was chugging the Orange Kool Aid today... :thumbs:

theAPAOps5
07-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Hey, I know that guy sitting next to you... We've been kicking it with each other for the last three years. Good dude.

Yeah that guy uses his vacation to go to all the camps he is a good guy! Wasn't he with us when I called that long lost 4th cousin of Clady a stalker?

zdoor
07-31-2009, 02:06 PM
http://brightstarlights.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/tom-brady-2.jpg

http://addins.wgem.com/blogs/sports/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/orton.jpg

I don't see it...

LOL... That is funny.....

I think Orton will actually turn out to be pretty good but that is hilarious...

Broncoman13
07-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Yeah that guy uses his vacation to go to all the camps he is a good guy! Wasn't he with us when I called that long lost 4th cousin of Clady a stalker?

Yup... that was when that guy kept pulling out all kinds of "proof" to show that he was Clady's cousin. That was funny, he even got Brandon to go get Ryan for him. But yeah, that's the dude we sat with last year. Who was it, me, you, Chris, and Jeff?

summerdenver
07-31-2009, 02:11 PM

I am guessing its Khan?

Thanks for the report Montrose.

broncswin
07-31-2009, 02:16 PM
Lets get this shiat rolling...and yes I am drinking the orange Kool Aid!!

Go broncos---Great Report Montrose

crowebomber
07-31-2009, 02:23 PM
I'm starting to drink the Kool Aid too. The offense has a lot of weapons. Orton's role is just going to be to protect the ball and get it in their hands. There are a lot of guys on that offense that will make him look good.

On Defense, the secondary looks awesome. Hopefully we'll find a linebacker out of our converted DEs and a couple of guys will step up to surprise on the line.

Hey, this is my 1000th post!!!! Gimme a cookie!

broncofan7
07-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks Montrose!

Regarding your report:

"Jarvis Moss Its not going to work guys. Richard Quinn and Tony Scheffler ate his lunch all day."

I respect your opinion but I hope that everyone remembers back to last year when people were saying Ryan Harris was getting beaten like an old rug at the start of camp.......

Tombstone RJ
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
Yes.

Is Larsen wearing a blue or white jersey?

telluride
07-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Great stuff, M!

Broncoman13
07-31-2009, 02:53 PM
I am guessing its Khan?

Thanks for the report Montrose.

No, Khan and I were standing on the other side of the field. Khan's a handsome fella, you couldn't mistake him. LOL :haw!:

Kaylore
07-31-2009, 03:06 PM
Is Larsen wearing a blue or white jersey?

Blue.

Pontius Pirate
07-31-2009, 03:18 PM
[QUOTE=montrose;2488621]

Kyle Orton He honestly looked like Tom Brady to me.

QUOTE]

You mean Greg Brady

Archer81
07-31-2009, 03:22 PM
[QUOTE=montrose;2488621]

Kyle Orton He honestly looked like Tom Brady to me.

QUOTE]

You mean Greg Brady

I want the brady that purposely hit marsha's nose...Thats accuracy my friend.

:Broncos:

fido
07-31-2009, 03:29 PM
Thank you for the time you put in write up a report for the rest of us. Good job!!

UberBroncoMan
07-31-2009, 03:38 PM
Even with all the negativity around here, kudos for writing a fun to read article.

bronco610
07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
Thanks Montrose!!!!!!!!

colonelbeef
07-31-2009, 04:01 PM
thanks for the report montrose

oubronco
07-31-2009, 04:04 PM
awsome job keep it coming

KevinJames
07-31-2009, 04:39 PM
thanks Montrose this sounds like McD is delivering on the "great tempo" he promised in camp so far.

Malcontent
07-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Keep the upbeat and well informed reporting flowing Monty!! I wish I were there with ya pal!

OBF1
07-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Screw McDaniels.... Trying to make this a winning team, I want his head on a plate now :)

Chris
07-31-2009, 05:26 PM
Woo
woowoo
woooooooooooooo!

mhgaffney
07-31-2009, 06:17 PM
Great to see my namesake looking sharp out there.

I can tell you he did not come from Ireland!

KevinJames
07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
Were we in any wildcat looks today? If so who was lined up as the wildcat QB?

Popps
07-31-2009, 06:50 PM

They said Buckhalter ran it at least once.

SoCalBronco
07-31-2009, 06:55 PM
Great job, Montrose!

Ambiguous
07-31-2009, 11:09 PM
Woo
woowoo
woooooooooooooo!

I see your woowoo and raise you a:

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/9657/ricflairwoowookh7.gif

montrose
08-01-2009, 12:39 AM

Yeah he was cool as hell.

watermock
08-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Maybe Crowder and Ayers CAN hold the edge

Sounds like McBeavis certainly has 'em goosestepping.

So did Hitler, till he attacked the Eastern Front.

Hulamau
08-01-2009, 01:40 AM
Maybe Crowder and Ayers CAN hold the edge

Sounds like McBeavis certainly has 'em goosestepping.

So did Hitler, till he attacked the Eastern Front.

Sieg Heil Mock!

FireFly
08-01-2009, 04:28 AM
Thanks man!

Meck77
08-01-2009, 08:06 AM
Nice work Montrose.

13-3 eh?

One thing about the omane. I've never read a doom and gloom camp report.Hilarious!

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 08:08 AM

Only saw it once, but Orton started off at QB, went in motion wide and Buckhalter stepped up to take the snap. He ran up the middle for a modest gain.

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah he was cool as hell.

Yep. We bring a sharpie so he opens his bag up and has about 10 (in a variety of colors) sharpies and says to have one. He's gone to as many practices as we have over the past several years and he was stoked on how we were looking.

We both agreed that Kenny McKinnley, though slender, is a heck of a player. That kid can flat out fly. He may be faster than Eddie Royal :spit:

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 08:12 AM
Nice work Montrose.

13-3 eh?

One thing about the omane. I've never read a doom and gloom camp report.Hilarious!

You going to come down at all this year? You are after all the ORIGINAL CAMP REPORTER. I forgot about those days when you and Disco would come out in OF1 and sneak back and forth to get reports out when you could. Come on down. It's been a while since we've seen you.

Hamrob
08-01-2009, 08:28 AM
LOL! Let's at least play a couple preseason games before we lose our minds!

We need to at least see that our Dline can put pressure on the QB and stop the run. Then we need to hope that a tough schedule on paper turns out differently.

And even then, 13-3 might be a pipe dream!

Having said that....thanks for the reports! I'll take them slanted anyway they come!

Broncoman13
08-01-2009, 08:30 AM
LOL! Let's at least play a couple preseason games before we lose our minds!

We need to at least see that our Dline can put pressure on the QB and stop the run. Then we need to hope that a tough schedule on paper turns out differently.

And even then, 13-3 might be a pipe dream!

Having said that....thanks for the reports! I'll take them slanted anyway they come!

DL won't be the one's applying the pressure, it will be the OLBs in the 3-4. We did run a little bit of 4-3 as well. Jarvis Moss was playing the end. Surprisingly, he did better against the run than he did rushing the passer.

outdoor_miner
10-12-2009, 10:53 AM

Bump for a (seemingly) good guy who caught a lot of crap for this post. Anyone else think Orton looked a little better than Brady yesterday? LOL

I'm not bumping this to call out any "haters" or anything, but to give montrose some props. I keep thinking about him (even though I don't know him), and hoping he is enjoying this run. He is a true fan, and was optimistic in the face of a truckload of negativity.

Three Cheers for montrose!!! Hip hip hooray! :)

listopencil
10-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Bump for a (seemingly) good guy who caught a lot of crap for this post. Anyone else think Orton looked a little better than Brady yesterday? LOL

I'm not bumping this to call out any "haters" or anything, but to give montrose some props. I keep thinking about him (even though I don't know him), and hoping he is enjoying this run. He is a true fan, and was optimistic in the face of a truckload of negativity.

Three Cheers for montrose!!! Hip hip hooray! :)

No ****. Hope you are having fun montrose.

TonyR
10-12-2009, 11:56 AM
I'm not bumping this to call out any "haters" or anything, but to give montrose some props.

He deserves some serious props as well as some apologies from numerous haters.

dbfan21
10-12-2009, 12:04 PM
I miss Montrose!

TheDave
10-12-2009, 12:08 PM
He deserves some serious props as well as some apologies from numerous haters.

Yeah, I don't get that.

13-3 is still doubtful

A Smith was going to replace champ and cover "85"... didn't happen

Kyle Orton looks like Tom Brady... Never going to happen

So why again are we apologizing for ribbing him?

BlaK-Argentina
10-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I don't get that.

13-3 is still doubtful You never know.

A Smith was going to replace champ and cover "85"... didn't happen Alphonso may replace Champ next year, not entirely false I guess.

Kyle Orton looks like Tom Brady... Never going to happen He did yesterday, or didn't you watch?

Montrose should come back.

Paladin
Cause he wasn't "ribbed". He was crucified. And I hope he is laughing the loudest now because he deserves it. Good man.

2KBack
Yeah, I don't get that.

13-3 is still doubtful

Yeah, Orton actually looked better than Tom Brady yesterday

TonyR
10-12-2009, 12:15 PM

He took some pretty heavy abuse but so far he's been more right than those who abused him. Clearly his optimism wasn't misguided whereas the chicken littles look like idiots. If not apologies then perhaps at least some acknowledgement of this. You've been among the few who have come to eat your crow but there are many others who haven't.

TheDave
10-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Montrose should come back.

Beleive it or not it takes more than one game to be considered equal to a 3 time superbowl champ.

and speaking of Champ he was supposed to be riding the bench right now.

You know what, I'm not going to spoil the party. If you guys want to think he is now vindicated... have at it. :thumbs:

TonyR
10-12-2009, 12:26 PM
If you guys want to think he is now vindicated... have at it.

Come on, Dave, keep it real here. Maybe he was off on some specifics but he was positive and optimistic and was clearly right to be so. You and all your knee jerk, chicken little, hate buddies were the opposite. You guys took the easy position and now need to own up to it. You started a thread doing so, remember?

Mr.Meanie
10-12-2009, 12:50 PM

???

skpac1001
10-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Beleive it or not it takes more than one game to be considered equal to a 3 time superbowl champ.

You know what, I'm not going to spoil the party. If you guys want to think he is now vindicated... have at it. :thumbs:

He certainly isn't proven right yet. But he is much closer to being proven right after 5 games then a lot of the guys attacking him. I do agree he was asking for a little ribbing with that post, but in hindsight...

theAPAOps5
10-12-2009, 01:02 PM
I was at the game with him yesterday. He is enjoying it and having fun!

outdoor_miner
10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah, I don't get that.

13-3 is still doubtful

Sorry - but Montrose's predictions were better than yours. :) We look more like a 13-3 team than a 3-13 team. Kyle Orton looked more like Tom Brady yesterday than whomever the "haters" were comparing him to.

I really didn't mean this to be about the haters, though, or you apologizing or "eating crow" or anything. Montrose went to the camp, was excited about the team, was excited about the "philosophy" and the talent... And - unlike some of the other pro McDaniels people (including me at times), Montrose was not confrontational or attacking in his optimism. He was simply excited about the team. We can now see that he was right to be excited!

OBF1
10-12-2009, 01:22 PM
So Montrose left? I keep hearing about MIA posters, but never notice they are gone.

Crushaholic
10-12-2009, 01:27 PM
So Montrose left? I keep hearing about MIA posters, but never notice they are gone.

He actually announced that he was leaving for personal reasons...

Mountain Bronco
10-12-2009, 01:28 PM
How could you have missed his heart felt, tear inducing, my counselor told me to leave the OM fairwell?

Tombstone RJ
10-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Montrose is a quality poster and his football takes are pretty darn solid. His optimism reflected the joy he found in covering the team and perhaps pursuing a long term career with the Broncos somewhere in their front office.

The joke is on all of us.

Unfortunately, he was constantly fighting a hostile message board that seemed more intent on pointing out how bad the Broncos supposedly were (or were going to be) than giving him props for his work.

Now this board is just that much worse for his absence.

Mountain Bronco
10-12-2009, 01:38 PM
For football Montrose was right on with a lot of his takes, not only this year, but in the past years as well. For that, he is missed by me. He consistently had great camp reports and was obviously the first to idenfity that the way McD does things was going to work.

His non football posts were brutal though.

Greybeard
10-12-2009, 09:00 PM
Sorry - but Montrose's predictions were better than yours. :) We look more like a 13-3 team than a 3-13 team. Kyle Orton looked more like Tom Brady yesterday than whomever the "haters" were comparing him to.

I really didn't mean this to be about the haters, though, or you apologizing or "eating crow" or anything. Montrose went to the camp, was excited about the team, was excited about the "philosophy" and the talent... And - unlike some of the other pro McDaniels people (including me at times), Montrose was not confrontational or attacking in his optimism. He was simply excited about the team. We can now see that he was right to be excited!

Orton looked more like Brady than did Brady yesterday . . .

-----

Greybeard
10-12-2009, 09:07 PM
yeah, orton actually looked better than tom brady yesterday

orton looked more like brady than did brady yesterday . . .

-----
Now is the time for all good men

OOPS!! ;D

-----

Greybeard
10-12-2009, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I don't get that.

13-3 is still doubtful

"Learning how to post tough"?

You've already learned how to post dark and dank, Dave. Wow . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/tsk-1.gif

-----

Meck77
10-12-2009, 09:13 PM
Mile High Salute Montrose.....

Broncos_OTM
10-12-2009, 09:15 PM

You know what, I'm not going to spoil the party. If you guys want to think he is now vindicated... have at it. :thumbs:Obviously you are not a very smart fella or you do not wanna own it. Montrose was verbally abused by alot of folks here because of his comments about compareing Brady to Orton. Not because of his prediction of alphonso smith. who has looked good. Oh and Orton outplayed brady...

Popps
10-12-2009, 09:19 PM

Wow. Winning has made some some people very bitter around here.

:spit:

http://simmerdown3.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/haterade-logo.jpg

Broncos_OTM
10-12-2009, 09:20 PM
How could you have missed his heart felt, tear inducing, my counselor told me to leave the OM fairwell?
The thing about it. Montrose was noticed when he left he is well respected and a great poster i have read very very little from him attacking other posters. Will anyone miss you when you stop posting tear jerking counselor telling or not. i know i wont.

R8R H8R
10-12-2009, 09:21 PM

Excellent take, my sentiments exactly. No one is saying that Orton is Brady, he'll have to win a SB or two to get that comparison.

But he sure looks closer to Brady, in this offense, than Tommy Maddox or some other bum that some of the people on this board have accused him of.

Greybeard
10-12-2009, 09:24 PM
So much for "noodle arm." That Hale Mary pass went about 65 yards in the air.
The velocity of some of his passes was eye-opening. The live arm he displayed
throughout his college career at Purdue has returned.

So much for inaccuracy. For the second game in a row, his comp percentage
was 70% or better.

So much for "can't win games, can't come from behind." The 90-yard drive and
the 98-yard drive proved his 97-yard drive last year was not a fluke.

So much for "no field vision." McDaniels said he didn't think Orton missed one
read yesterday.

I hear that a generous gob of ketchup helps the crow to slide down better, guys. ;)

-----

Cito Pelon
10-12-2009, 09:37 PM

Jeez, you did your best to spoil the party, now you say you don't want to spoil the party. Get lost and don't find your way back, Dave.