PDA

View Full Version : OT-Basketball- ODOM resigns with the LakeShow

cutthemdown
07-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow kept Odom and signed Artest!!!! Lakers going to have a good chance to repeat as NBA champs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4367213

The Los Angeles Lakers have at last reached terms on a new contract with sixth man Lamar Odom, after a month of frosty negotiations that might have troubled the team and its fans more than just about anything they saw during last season's playoff drive to the championship.

Arziza younger but Artest just a way better defender. Lakers will be really tough to beat if Kobe/Gasol/Artest/Odom all stay healthy.

BroncoMan4ever
07-31-2009, 10:28 AM
i was hoping Odom would have reunited with Wade.

also, how far above the luxury tax is LA now? with their starting 5, it seems like they should have the highest payroll in the league

cutthemdown
07-31-2009, 10:32 AM
I have no idea what there cap situation is, but as a Laker fan I knew they either had to re-sign odom, or basically get no one because I think you can go over for your players but not FA? I'm not really sure how that works to tell you the truth.

I would think once Kobe gets his new deal, I don't think he has yet, then Lakers would be probably highest payroll.

Odom smart to stay with Lakers, but with Wade he would have also had some shots at winning, probably.

Still though people have to be a little worried about facing the Lakers next yr. Artest really adds a nastiness factor to it all.

BroncoMan4ever
07-31-2009, 10:38 AM
I have no idea what there cap situation is, but as a Laker fan I knew they either had to re-sign odom, or basically get no one because I think you can go over for your players but not FA? I'm not really sure how that works to tell you the truth.

I would think once Kobe gets his new deal, I don't think he has yet, then Lakers would be probably highest payroll.

Odom smart to stay with Lakers, but with Wade he would have also had some shots at winning, probably.

Still though people have to be a little worried about facing the Lakers next yr. Artest really adds a nastiness factor to it all.

i agree. they were beasts last season, and now they have stocked up.

last season the Nuggets were a few points from being a team that could go to a championship game with a few breaks and a little more experience, now they are way behind LA.

cutthemdown
07-31-2009, 10:46 AM
Nuggets will have to hope the rookies add something, and that the existing players get better, but I don't see much chance of them taking the Lakers.

Lakers didn't even play well vs nuggets and still won. I would think next yr Nuggets would have hands full even more.