PDA

View Full Version : ryan torain doing good...

tsiguy96
07-31-2009, 10:28 AM
per josina andersons twitter.

# You can tell Torain has a lot of energy stored up from missing so much time due to injury. Looks explosive early.20 minutes ago from txt

#
Ryan Torain drew the most ooh's and ahhh's from the crowd today so far.20 minutes ago from txt

#
During RB drills, w/ Moreno out, LJ took snaps 1st, then Buckhalter, then Torain, then Hillis.21 minutes ago from txt

BroncoDoug
07-31-2009, 10:34 AM
He is looking good, good movement quickness.... He still runs too high thiugh

Br0nc0Buster
07-31-2009, 10:36 AM
Talent was never a concern, he is a beast physically

Just cant stay healthy

However I hope he sticks because in a rotation I think he can do some work

tsiguy96
07-31-2009, 10:38 AM
we might have too many backs to work with...i hope jordan doesnt make the team...will steal carries from torain, hillis, buckhalter and moreno.

Rabb
07-31-2009, 10:40 AM
we might have too many backs to work with...i hope jordan doesnt make the team...will steal carries from torain, hillis, buckhalter and moreno.

after last year I will never ever think this again lol

BabyTO
07-31-2009, 11:04 AM
1st round talent, hopefully he stays healthy this season.

Moreno + Torain + Hillis = Success on offense

worm
07-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Hixon is looking good!

BroncoMan4ever
07-31-2009, 11:26 AM
not wishing injury on the guy. But what is the over/under on the amount of practices he gets through before injury knocks him out of the lineup?

cutthemdown
07-31-2009, 11:30 AM
1st round talent, hopefully he stays healthy this season.

Moreno + Torain + Hillis = Success on offense

If Torain did get to a high level, and Moreno was real deal, that would be huge for Broncos.

IMO we already know Hillis a load at FB or RB so he compliments both of them well.

Throw in Buckhalter and Jordan as the vet contributers and the RB could be deep and productive this yr.

Still I would rather one guy look so good you give him ball 20 plus times a game.

broncosteven
07-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Anyone know who the FB was today?

KS Bronco
07-31-2009, 12:42 PM

if he's "stealing" carries from those guys, that means he is better than them on that play.

RMT
07-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Anyone know who the FB was today?

there weren't a lot of 2-back sets. mostly one back or out of the shotgun.

montrose
07-31-2009, 12:55 PM
there weren't a lot of 2-back sets. mostly one back or out of the shotgun.

A lot of 2 TE and 3 WR sets. When they went with 2 backs, Hillis and Larsen were the FBs.

rastaman
07-31-2009, 01:12 PM

Dont speak too soon.....should the rash of injuries that devastated our running back corp last season raises its ugly head in 09 Jordan will be a welcome addition.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-31-2009, 02:00 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qGh6rUBexUk/RgjXHTfJD_I/AAAAAAAAARg/8qjCMthtnlY/s320/mr+glass.jpg

Pontius Pirate
07-31-2009, 02:32 PM
http://pictureisunrelated.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/wtf-pics-head-bus-trips.jpg

TheElusiveKyleOrton
07-31-2009, 02:35 PM
Superman does good.

People -- and Torain -- do well.

Also: Josina Anderson's Twitter scares me. I don't want a disease.

lex
07-31-2009, 02:37 PM
We should showcase Torain as much as we can and then trade him if we can get anything decent.

Pontius Pirate
07-31-2009, 04:12 PM
We should showcase Torain as much as we can and then trade him if we can get anything decent.

I hear San Diego has a nice box of rocks they are looking to unload. I think if we put Torain and $5 on the table, they'd give us a box of rocks....perhaps

DHallblows
07-31-2009, 07:28 PM
I hope he blows out his knee early this year so people stfu about him.

I'm kidding about the injury, but not about annoying people

Rabb
07-31-2009, 07:31 PM
I seriously hope everyone is joking about stealing carries, etc.

If not, you obviously did not watch last year...nobody stole carries, we couldn't GIVE them away

maher_tyler
07-31-2009, 07:48 PM

So far he sounds like the odd man out...

BroncoMan4ever
07-31-2009, 08:18 PM

we couldn;t get anything for him.

at most all we could get is a conditional 7th. and with Mr Glass here, it is all but guaranteed that he won;t reach the playing time necessary for us to get that pick

tsiguy96
07-31-2009, 08:21 PM
So far he sounds like the odd man out...

id hope that buckhalter and jordan are the odd ones out, given we have much more youth at the position who have a higher ceiling earlier in their career...though having all these guys back there would be nice knowing well get production from all of em.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-31-2009, 08:32 PM

This has to be the most breathtakingly dumb post I have ever read in the history of the OrangeMane.

tsiguy96
07-31-2009, 09:00 PM
This has to be the most breathtakingly dumb post I have ever read in the history of the OrangeMane.

look who the author is, its no surprise.

DenverBrit
07-31-2009, 09:27 PM

LOL

He can top that most days.

rastaman
07-31-2009, 09:58 PM
Talent was never a concern, he is a beast physically

Just cant stay healthy

However I hope he sticks because in a rotation I think he can do some work

Had Torain and Hillis remained healthy last season, Denver makes the playoffs and wins the AFC. And Shanny and Cutler are still Broncos in 2009. Oh well.

tsiguy96
07-31-2009, 10:34 PM
Had Torain and Hillis remained healthy last season, Denver makes the playoffs and wins the AFC. And Shanny and Cutler are still Broncos in 2009. Oh well.

we would win the AFC last year, when we could barely beat some of the worst teams in the NFL (and in 2 cases, got beat by them). you are dillusional, with all these great reports of training camp compared to other years, how can you still want shanahan here?

lex
08-01-2009, 12:22 AM

Well, given the fact that youre from Oklahoma, thats not saying much.

Its better to get some value out of him before he is hurt again.

Popps
08-01-2009, 12:59 AM

I think you're really underselling the rest of his posts with that comment. It's really hard to pick just one.

BroncoMan4ever
08-01-2009, 02:27 AM

you know, months ago i would have agreed that it would be great that Mike and Cutler had remained and nothing changed, but after months of thinking and watching the happenings with the team, letting those 2 go was the best thing for the franchise.

Cutler has all the talent in the world, but he is a pussy. too overly emotional, has a false sense of entitlement and an inflated ego for having not actually accomplished anything since his high school days, coddled so much so that when a challenge was put in front of him by a new coach who demands more than our previos coach, he couldn't handle it and had to basically go into hiding and cry about hurt feelings.

Good riddance to the mopey bastard. you don't want to play here, you can get the **** out.

and with Shanahan, his firing came about a 7 years late. i am thankful to him for bringing us 2 championships, but he was losing the team and we needed a change.

so many here say we could have made the playoffs last season had we had Hillis. while that is probably true, what difference would it have made? we would have gotten destroyed in the Wild Card round at home and made it obvious we had no business being a playoff team.

in a way us not making the playoffs, Hillis getting injured and not being able to carry us to the playoffs, Bowe not hanging onto that onside kick which kept SD in the hunt, all led to the team being overhauled and moving in a new and better direction than it has in a long time.

Dr. Broncenstein
08-01-2009, 07:17 AM
Well, given the fact that youre from Oklahoma, thats not saying much.

Its better to get some value out of him before he is hurt again.

:rofl: