PDA

View Full Version : ayers contract done/voided by nfl

tsiguy96
07-30-2009, 08:23 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4367322&name=clayton_john&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fesp n%2fblog%2findex%3fentryID%3d4367322%26name%3dclay ton_john%26campaign%3drss%26source%3dESPNHeadlines

TheDave
07-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Hopefully it is something that can be easily adjusted without everyone having to return to the bargaining table.

LongDongJohnson
07-30-2009, 08:31 PM
welp.

their goes our season

DBroncos4life
07-30-2009, 08:40 PM
welp.

Their goes our season
for the love of god calm down we can get the deal done!!!

Man i'm so sick of the sky is falling with you!!!!

Pseudofool
No deal: The Broncos were close to getting a deal done with rookie DE Robert Ayers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12432) on Thursday, but the NFL Management Council did not approve the language of the contract, according to a source. Because of that, Ayers won't be in camp on time. First-round pick Knowshon Moreno (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12516) also remains unsigned. <!-- end free preview text -->

Kaylore
This has happened before to us and we had the issue resolved a few days later. The chief concern is how much of what language was "not approved" of.

rastaman
07-30-2009, 08:51 PM
for the love of god calm down we can get the deal done!!!

Man i'm so sick of the sky is falling with you!!!!

The season might be already done....to much turmoil going on and we haven't even had to deal the injuries that come along with the pre-season and the crueling 16 game schedule.

I don't envy McD thats for sure.....in 2009 its going to be a crap shoot on the outcome. All I can say is McD can get away with two consecutive 3 to 6 win seasons; and he has two years to find a replacement and franchise QB for Stop Gap Orton.

However, by the third year McD had better turn this ship around and win 10-14 games or he will find himself back in NE as Belichecks OC. And we Bronco fans will endure starting all over again with a new head coach.

Kaylore
07-30-2009, 08:54 PM
With Orakpo agreeing to terms, perhaps the rest will follow suit.

tsiguy96
07-30-2009, 08:54 PM
The season might be already done....to much turmoil going on and we haven't even had to deal the injuries that come along with the pre-season and the crueling 16 game schedule.

I don't envy McD thats for sure.....in 2009 its going to be a crap shoot on the outcome. All I can say is McD can get away with two consecutive 3 to 6 win seasons; and he has two years to find a replacement and franchise QB for Stop Gap Orton.

However, by the third year McD had better turn this ship around and win 10-14 games or he will find himself back in NE as Belichecks OC. And we Bronco fans will endure starting all over again with a new head coach.

wow, cool of you. prolly shouldnt watch the season then.

DBroncos4life
07-30-2009, 08:57 PM

I was playing :giggle:

rastaman
07-30-2009, 09:03 PM
wow, cool of you. prolly shouldnt watch the season then.

I'm looking forward to the season. I'm just taking a realistic approach is all.

Here's a question for ya, who is under the most pressure to produce....is it McD, Orton, or Cuttler??? Point, the 09 season and how both the Broncos and Bears turn out will be great drama and news......plain and simple.

lex
07-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, our front office is in great shape.

And, seriously, this is what Zander was supposed to be good at. What an embarrassment.

Popps
07-30-2009, 09:29 PM

BOO!

It's your own shadow.... RUN!!!!!

Popps
07-30-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm looking forward to the season. I'm just taking a realistic approach is all..

You're a gigantic pussy is what you are.

**** off and go jump some other team's bandwagon. You can come back when we start winning again.

"Realistic?"

You're a total joke. 50/50 chance you're an alter-ego of one of these other soft-ass, fair-weather fans around here.

boppool
07-30-2009, 09:36 PM
No deal: The Broncos were close to getting a deal done with rookie DE Robert Ayers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12432) on Thursday, but the NFL Management Council did not approve the language of the contract, according to a source. Because of that, Ayers won't be in camp on time. First-round pick Knowshon Moreno (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12516) also remains unsigned. <!-- end free preview text -->

How close are we with Knowshon? Does anyone know?

theAPAOps5
07-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah, our front office is in great shape.

You are such a cry baby. Too bad you didn't stay away, no one missed your chicken little ass.

Broncoman13
07-30-2009, 09:47 PM
You're a gigantic p***Y is what you are.

**** off and go jump some other team's bandwagon. You can come back when we start winning again.

"Realistic?"

You're a total joke. 50/50 chance you're an alter-ego of one of these other soft-ass, fair-weather fans around here.

:spit: Not to be mistook for a little or miniature P***Y... you sir are GIGANTIC..... Oh, and I agree with Popps on this one. You're a tool, go to Mock's office and get your dunce cap immediately.

Broncoman13
07-30-2009, 09:51 PM
You are such a cry baby. Too bad you didn't stay away, no one missed your chicken little ass.

x2...beyotch

SoCalBronco
07-30-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm sure they will work out the language and he'll be in there in a day or two.

Requiem
07-30-2009, 09:54 PM
I live life on full, I unzip my pants and I pull a big dick baby.

watermock
07-30-2009, 09:58 PM
Wasn't Rastaman on board earlier?

I guess rats are the first to jump ship.

Broncoman13
07-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Just give him his dunce cap and STFU... old timer.

Broncos_OTM
07-30-2009, 11:23 PM
I live life on full, I unzip my pants and I pull a big dick baby.

you used to annoy the **** out of me. but atleast you talked football. i dont know wtf happened, pull your **** together.

Los Broncos
07-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Dam, what are some people's expectations?

The season is over? Do you think were going to super bowl?

Take it for what it is, enjoy camp and the season win or lose.

Requiem
07-30-2009, 11:42 PM
you used to annoy the **** out of me. but atleast you talked football. i dont know wtf happened, pull your **** together.

I am not sure who you are.

footstepsfrom#27
07-31-2009, 12:41 AM
The Broncos were close to getting a deal done with rookie DE Robert Ayers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12432) on Thursday, but the NFL Management Council did not approve the language of the contract, according to a source. Because of that, Ayers won't be in camp on time.

Why no further explanation on this? That seems like real oddity...trying to recall if I've ever heard of this before and I don't think I have. I hope they get it done quick on both those guys.

<!-- end free preview text -->

footstepsfrom#27
07-31-2009, 12:44 AM
How close are we with Knowshon? Does anyone know?
I know Knowshon knows. ;D

meangene
07-31-2009, 03:43 AM
The Broncos were close to getting a deal done with rookie DE Robert Ayers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12432) on Thursday, but the NFL Management Council did not approve the language of the contract, according to a source. Because of that, Ayers won't be in camp on time.

Why no further explanation on this? That seems like real oddity...trying to recall if I've ever heard of this before and I don't think I have. I hope they get it done quick on both those guys.

<!-- end free preview text -->

It really is not that uncommon. It usually has to do with either how the bonus is pro-rated over the contract (cap numbers) or certain bonus incentives. It means we have basically agreed on a deal and just need to fine tune the language. I take this as good news.

watermock
07-31-2009, 04:33 AM
I take it back. Al davis IS the dumbest GM.

JMO, taking Bey over Crabtree was classic.

All Beavis' boys will be in camp soon.

Bank it.

Broncoman13
07-31-2009, 05:23 AM
I'm having a tough time admitting it, but I agree with Lex on this one... It doesn't look good when "X" is supposed to be "good" at this and he has a deal in place that's non-kosher by NFL standards. I don't care for that much.

Hercules Rockefeller
07-31-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm having a tough time admitting it, but I agree with Lex on this one... It doesn't look good when "X" is supposed to be "good" at this and he has a deal in place that's non-kosher by NFL standards. I don't care for that much.

This happens. When it happens with another team, it's usually the guy who is supposed to be "good" at this and has a deal in place that's non-kosher by NFL standards.

They're close, that's what matters.

kent156
07-31-2009, 05:58 AM
didn't the same thing happen to dwayne robertson contract language at first and it got worked out

oubronco
07-31-2009, 05:59 AM
I woke up and read this and am laughing my arse off this is some good shyt

_Oro_
07-31-2009, 06:05 AM

Just depends on how you look at it. You could also think of it as Xandy being creative and pushing the limits of NFL contracts.

Broncoman13
07-31-2009, 06:17 AM
This happens. When it happens with another team, it's usually the guy who is supposed to be "good" at this and has a deal in place that's non-kosher by NFL standards.

They're close, that's what matters.

Agreed.

Paladin
07-31-2009, 09:17 AM
Point, the 09 season and how both the Broncos and Bears turn out will be great drama and news......plain and simple.

Only for drama queens and people without lives.....

lex
08-03-2009, 08:24 AM
It really is not that uncommon. It usually has to do with either how the bonus is pro-rated over the contract (cap numbers) or certain bonus incentives. It means we have basically agreed on a deal and just need to fine tune the language. I take this as good news.

bump

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 08:27 AM
It was reported that the Broncos are the ones that renegged on the deal and now they are very far apart. McD says they are talking quite often, but it seems to me that this could last several days. I also read that the Broncos are shifting their attention to Knowshon.

lex
08-03-2009, 08:30 AM
It was reported that the Broncos are the ones that renegged on the deal and now they are very far apart. McD says they are talking quite often, but it seems to me that this could last several days. I also read that the Broncos are shifting their attention to Knowshon.

Wow, that doesnt look good for the organization at all. They agree to a contract that is only voided because of the league and then they change their mind. It really makes it seem like they dont have their **** together.

Plus the simple fact that the contract got rejected makes Xanders look bad or it makes it look like the Broncos were trying to be slick--or both.

TheDave
08-03-2009, 08:32 AM

Hopefully something gets done SOON... Too much longer and both of these guys rookie season is going to be severly hampered.

needless to say, we need all the help we can get.

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 08:34 AM
Wow, that doesnt look good for the organization at all. They agree to a contract that is only voided because of the league and then they change their mind. It really makes it seem like they dont have their **** together.

Plus the simple fact that the contract got rejected makes Xanders look bad or it makes it look like the Broncos were trying to be slick--or both.

I'm not even sure the league rejected the contract. If what I heard was true, the Broncos just decided against the terms themselves. It never made it as far as the league. Kind of think this might be true as the Broncos themselves never reported anything about the league rejecting a deal... rather it was Clayton based on a "source with knowledge of the situation".

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 08:36 AM

you are an idiot, everythingis the broncos fault with you. get the **** ut of here for a long, long time.

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 08:37 AM
Hopefully something gets done SOON... Too much longer and both of these guys rookie season is going to be severly hampered.

needless to say, we need all the help we can get.

I get what you're saying but neither of these guys are playing in a position of need. Hate to say it, but more and more these draft picks look like depth rather than impact players. Don't get me wrong, Knowshon and Ayers will most likely be very good football players... but Ayers isn't a huge upgrade and our depth at RB right now is great. We're probably going to have to cut a really good football player whether it be Ryan Torain or Lamont Jordan... And to be fair, Knowshon Moreno was one of my favorite players in this draft.

gyldenlove
08-03-2009, 08:37 AM

It happens, the Patriots had a few of their rookie deals turned down this year for their 2nd round players. Typically it is when bonus money gets a little too creative to circumvent the rookie pool.

The good news is that a deal has been reached in principle meaning that tweaks should be possible.

What worries me more is that we have two first round players both hold out, that doesn't look so good to me.

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 08:39 AM
you are an idiot, everythingis the broncos fault with you. get the **** ut of here for a long, long time.

This one does have that flavor though. I get what you're saying with Lex, but this particular issue seems to be a Bronco issue. It's not like it was 3 days ago when only 4 or 5 first rounders were signed. We're two of ten now.

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 08:40 AM
It happens, the Patriots had a few of their rookie deals turned down this year for their 2nd round players. Typically it is when bonus money gets a little too creative to circumvent the rookie pool.

The good news is that a deal has been reached in principle meaning that tweaks should be possible.

What worries me more is that we have two first round players both hold out, that doesn't look so good to me.

If it was that simple then they would have fixed the contract within a few hours and got it back up and running... it's been 3 or 4 days now. You still buying that story?

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 08:41 AM
This one does have that flavor though. I get what you're saying with Lex, but this particular issue seems to be a Bronco issue. It's not like it was 3 days ago when only 4 or 5 first rounders were signed. We're two of ten now.

ayers should be done, moreno is not and probably wont be until crabtree is, tahts on his agent.

lex
08-03-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm not even sure the league rejected the contract. If what I heard was true, the Broncos just decided against the terms themselves. It never made it as far as the league. Kind of think this might be true as the Broncos themselves never reported anything about the league rejecting a deal... rather it was Clayton based on a "source with knowledge of the situation".

Well, it also doesnt look good when theyre about to agree to a contract, then they change their mind and 4 days later nothing has been done. It really makes it look like they dont have their **** together.

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Well, it also doesnt look good when theyre about to agree to a contract, then they change their mind and 4 days later nothing has been done. It really makes it look like they dont have their **** together.

its because they dont and they suck and the team is horrible and its all bad, go bitch about another team soon please.

lex
08-03-2009, 08:47 AM
I wonder if Bowlen reviewed this and then ****canned it because he saw something he didnt like. This whole thing is just weird. Something smells on this one.

TheDave
08-03-2009, 08:50 AM
I get what you're saying but neither of these guys are playing in a position of need. Hate to say it, but more and more these draft picks look like depth rather than impact players. Don't get me wrong, Knowshon and Ayers will most likely be very good football players... but Ayers isn't a huge upgrade and our depth at RB right now is great. We're probably going to have to cut a really good football player whether it be Ryan Torain or Lamont Jordan... And to be fair, Knowshon Moreno was one of my favorite players in this draft.

I understand what you are saying... I just had high hopes for Moreno this year. IMO he could be devistating in a one back set especially on screens.

In all honesty we are only 4 days into camp... I just thought this was going to get done over the weekend.

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 08:51 AM
its because they dont and they suck and the team is horrible and its all bad, go b**** about another team soon please.
'

You get that you're the one instigating here right? You're no better than Lex, just the opposite end of the spectrum. Why can't you look at thinks and be objective based on the information you have?

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 08:52 AM
I understand what you are saying... I just had high hopes for Moreno this year. IMO he could be devistating in a one back set especially on screens.

In all honesty we are only 4 days into camp... I just thought this was going to get done over the weekend.

I was pretty surprised as well. I thought for sure it would have been handled on Friday... then I got the news about the Broncos renegging and the two sides being way apart.

TheDave
08-03-2009, 08:55 AM
'

You get that you're the one instigating here right? You're no better than Lex, just the opposite end of the spectrum. Why can't you look at thinks and be objective based on the information you have?

This place has become so engrained in the Pro vs Anti McDaniels crap that any assemblance of logic has been completely lost.

DBroncos4life
08-03-2009, 08:57 AM
This place has become so engrained in the Pro vs Anti McDaniels crap that any assemblance of logic has been completely lost.

you say that because you are on the wrong side. :P

TonyR
08-03-2009, 08:58 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Maclin_This_Time_For_Real.html

A source close to the situation said this morning that Denver has reached agreement with the player drafted 18th overall, defensive end Robert Ayers

TheDave
08-03-2009, 09:03 AM
you say that because you are on the wrong side. :P

I don't even know what side I'm on anymore...

Hated how they handled Cutler...

Loved how they handled BMarsh...

Hated trading our first next year for Al Smith...

Loved the Moreno and Ayers picks...

Hated that we didn't do more to bolster the Dline in FA...

Loved the Dawkins and Goodman pick-ups...

Hell, I'm more confused now than I was when I started this post...

TheDave
08-03-2009, 09:04 AM
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/Maclin_This_Time_For_Real.html

A source close to the situation said this morning that Denver has reached agreement with the player drafted 18th overall, defensive end Robert Ayers

Lets hope that is correct!!!

DenverBrit
08-03-2009, 09:21 AM
I wonder if Bowlen reviewed this and then ****canned it because he saw something he didnt like. This whole thing is just weird. Something smells on this one.

Must every little hitch be 'suspicious'?

gyldenlove
08-03-2009, 09:24 AM
If it was that simple then they would have fixed the contract within a few hours and got it back up and running... it's been 3 or 4 days now. You still buying that story?

It is not that simple, to move money from one payment to another means a lot of things for the cap and the rookie pool, plus it means the contract has to be rewritten in terms of conditional payments and ways of recouping the money if the player is unable to live up to the contract. Because of the expiring CBA there are some additional rules and limitations on contracts that have to be satisfied.

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 09:25 AM
'

i just said i think ayers should be signed, there is a 600k difference in their demands last i read, just give it to him. moreno however is clearly waiting for crabtree to get some fatty cash.

worm
08-03-2009, 09:25 AM

I agree with each one of those stances except the Moreno pick (like the player but I wanted nothing but front 7 D for that #1).

I wish you weren't confused because then you could explain it all to me.

Pony Boy
08-03-2009, 09:29 AM
I woke up and read this and am laughing my arse off this is some good shyt

Agreed, I use to read the funny papers in the morning but this is better !!!

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 10:43 AM

Wow... this is me. Add that I liked the pickups of Buckhalter and the drafting of Quinn (but not the trade) and didn't care for Ayers quite as much as most... but other than, you have the same feelings toward the offseason as me. What really confuses the whole thing... I really like Knowshon Moreno but know how much we need help on the DL.

oubronco
08-03-2009, 10:46 AM

then send Jordan out the door

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
then send Jordan out the door

That may or may not happen. He has a different skill set when compared to Torain. He catches the ball much better and can move the sticks. Torain seems to be more of a 1st/2nd down back. Something that we can get from Moreno, Buckhalter and Hillis. All of them have the ability to be good 3rd down backs...'cept for Torain.

oubronco
08-03-2009, 11:03 AM
That may or may not happen. He has a different skill set when compared to Torain. He catches the ball much better and can move the sticks. Torain seems to be more of a 1st/2nd down back. Something that we can get from Moreno, Buckhalter and Hillis. All of them have the ability to be good 3rd down backs...'cept for Torain.

well I do think I remember poeple saying that Torain was a punishing runner when we drafted him but I see what you mean, I just think he's got alot of upside and a chip on his shoulder to prove poeple wrong about him not being able to stay healthy and contribute

tsiguy96
08-03-2009, 11:04 AM
and can someone explain how the FO handled cutler wrong when all they did was let him sit at home and cry, and when he continued crying it was bowlen that ordered the trade, not mcdaniels? what else is the FO supposed to do when they cannot get a hold of the player they supposedly need to treat differently than the rest of the team to get him to show up?

Traveler
08-03-2009, 11:05 AM

Hillis and Jordan are one and the same making Jordan the odd man out IMO.
It will probably comes down to whether you pay a player with more long term viability and lower salary. That's Torain.

Gcver2ver3
08-03-2009, 11:06 AM

well i'd say the tiebreaker is your thoughts on firing Shanny...

did you like or dislike that move?...and did you like/dislike the decision to get McD?...

Traveler
08-03-2009, 11:08 AM
and can someone explain how the FO handled cutler wrong when all they did was let him sit at home and cry, and when he continued crying it was bowlen that ordered the trade, not mcdaniels? what else is the FO supposed to do when they cannot get a hold of the player they supposedly need to treat differently than the rest of the team to get him to show up?

TS-

This is not directed at you. But there are still people here that can't let that go by now, they never will. Please let's not keep going there. Cutler is gone, which means he isn't someone I worry about anymore.

oubronco
08-03-2009, 11:10 AM
TS-

This is not directed at you. But there are still people here that can't let that go by now, they never will. Please let's not keep going there. Cutler is gone, which means he isn't someone I worry about anymore.

as much as I hated trading Cutler I am with you he is not on this team anymore so Drop It and MOVE ON!!!

CoopDawg
08-03-2009, 11:26 AM
Hopefully they work this out with the league offices and get Ayers out there on the field as soon as possible.

Rock Chalk
08-03-2009, 11:30 AM
'

Not for nothing ALex but there is no information.

YOu heard, Clayton heard, but there are no official announcements. So lex jumping on the Broncos for no reason at all here...at least for the moment.

No one knows the contract situation at least, as far as I can see. Just rumors of what is goign on.

IF the league nixed the deal because of language, it may be language that was required to make the contract agreeable to both sides and if that language is altered, then the entire deal falls apart.

If the broncos renegged on the deal, it probably has to do with Bowlen seeing something he didnt like at the end result.

Either way, its not enough reason to bag on teh front office for this IMO.

Broncoman13
08-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Hillis and Jordan are one and the same making Jordan the odd man out IMO.
It will probably comes down to whether you pay a player with more long term viability and lower salary. That's Torain.

Not even close to the same. Jordan catches the ball exceptionally well. He is a premier blocker able to protect the QB on 3rd downs. He is 230+ and runs with outstanding power. Ryan Torain, runs with good power and great vision. He is neither proven nor referred to as a good blocker or receiving option. He has a brief history that includes several injuries. And finally, he doesn't have the "tribal knowledge" of a player like Lamont Jordan... especially when you consider his institutional knowledge of McD's offense.

TheDave
08-03-2009, 11:51 AM

I've said this 20X by now... So here goes #21

Handle him the exact same way as they did Marshall... Just keep repeating we'll see you at camp. We held ALL the cards.

I don't trade 25 year old probowl QB's with his skill set for Kyle Orton and draft picks... Period!

TheDave
08-03-2009, 11:53 AM
well i'd say the tiebreaker is your thoughts on firing Shanny...

did you like or dislike that move?...and did you like/dislike the decision to get McD?...

Neutral on Both... Loved Mike Shanahan, but his blind spot to the defense was getting out of hand.

Would of rather had a Defensive guy than McDaniels but his resume is hard to argue with.

Guess we are just going to have to see how this plays out.

Gcver2ver3
08-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Neutral on Both... Loved Mike Shanahan, but his blind spot to the defense was getting out of hand.

Would of rather had a Defensive guy than McDaniels but his resume is hard to argue with.

Guess we are just going to have to see how this plays out.

yea...i agree

Northman
08-03-2009, 11:56 AM

Handle him the exact same way as they did Marshall... Just keep repeating we'll see you at camp. We held ALL the cards.

I don't trade 25 year old probowl QB's with his skill set for Kyle Orton and draft picks... Period!

Not entirely. We still had a pretty good stable of WR's but in the Qb dept we didnt have anything. Also, at least Marshall was talking to the brass while Jay refused to do any talking. We could of said "see you in camp" but there was no guarantee that he would show up and considering he is getting paid better than Marshall he could of easily held out longer which would only hurt the team more than help it. IMO

OABB
08-03-2009, 11:58 AM

I don't fault Bowlen at all for trading Cutler after not taking his phone call. I don't care if Jesus of Nazereth is your qb, if you don't take the call it isn't going to work out period. period. Like Bowlen said, there is no where else to go at that point.

and by the way, the fo did handle it like the Marshall situation. And you better believe it that if Marshal didn't take Pat's phone call, he would be gone too.

_Oro_
08-03-2009, 01:51 PM
Seriously though they tried to trade Marshall but couldn't get anything for him. If ppl were only offering 4th rounder for Cutler wed still havem.