PDA

View Full Version : Camp Will Start Off On a Bad Note

prodigalson139
07-30-2009, 05:15 PM
Three on the PUP...including Bailey

http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/30/three-broncos-including-bailey-to-begin-camp-on-pup/875/

Three Broncos, including Bailey, to begin camp on PUP
July 30th, 2009, 6:41 pm · Post a Comment · posted by Frank Schwab

Three Denver Broncos veterans — cornerback Champ Bailey, safety Renaldo Hill and defensive tackle Marcus Thomas – will start training camp on the physically unable to perform list.

The moves were confirmed by two NFL sources, who did not want to be named because the Broncos didn’t announce the moves. Players who begin training camp on the PUP list can come off the list and be added to the active roster at any time.
One source said Thomas was on the PUP list for failing a conditioning test, held for all the veterans who reported Thursday. The reason Bailey and Hill — two projected starters – were on the list was unknown.

This stinks...

Los Broncos
07-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Damn, not a good start at all.

Broncosfreak_56
07-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Well, looks like McBath and Smith will be getting a lot of reps to start.

SonOfLe-loLang
they technically could be added tomorrow...we shall see

Man-Goblin
Weird. And Bailey just the other day said he felt better than he ever has going into camp.

cutthemdown
07-30-2009, 05:22 PM
yeah whats up Bailey said he was ready to go? Weird but until it happens into next week I won't worry.

broncofan2438
07-30-2009, 05:24 PM
Weird. And Bailey just the other day said he felt better than he ever has going into camp.

No kidding....it never ends in Bronco Country

lex
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
yeah whats up Bailey said he was ready to go? Weird but until it happens into next week I won't worry.

He must have said that in the interview with the Chicago radio station.

tsiguy96
07-30-2009, 05:35 PM
well bailey is coming off multiple muscle injuries (hamstring and groin i think) i think starting him off on PUP is not a bad idea. thomas is pulling a montrae. maybe mcbath will make a strong impression and stay with 1st team?

edit:
from rotoworld
Bailey underwent elbow surgery in January, but the team is likely just easing the veteran in early in camp.

Man-Goblin
07-30-2009, 05:43 PM
I'm going to miss Montrae this year. The stories last year about him pushing a sled around were pretty great, in retrospect.

OBF1
07-30-2009, 05:46 PM
The sky is falling

Popps
07-30-2009, 05:47 PM
The sky is falling

ROFL!

Probably precautionary stuff, though this is a bit odd...

One source said Thomas was on the PUP list for failing a conditioning test

WTF?

_Oro_
07-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Not too worried about Champ and Hill but it sucks to see Thomas showing up out of shape if that's what it really is.

Hogan11
07-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Much ado about nothing

FireFly
07-30-2009, 05:51 PM
Well, Thomas has been trying to put on a lot of weight from what I understand. He probably could have done it in a better way but its not suprising

Dukes
07-30-2009, 06:12 PM
A lot of overreacting going on here.

maher_tyler
07-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Three on the PUP...including Bailey

http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/07/30/three-broncos-including-bailey-to-begin-camp-on-pup/875/

Three Broncos, including Bailey, to begin camp on PUP
July 30th, 2009, 6:41 pm · Post a Comment · posted by Frank Schwab

Three Denver Broncos veterans — cornerback Champ Bailey, safety Renaldo Hill and defensive tackle Marcus Thomas – will start training camp on the physically unable to perform list.

The moves were confirmed by two NFL sources, who did not want to be named because the Broncos didn’t announce the moves. Players who begin training camp on the PUP list can come off the list and be added to the active roster at any time.
One source said Thomas was on the PUP list for failing a conditioning test, held for all the veterans who reported Thursday. The reason Bailey and Hill — two projected starters – were on the list was unknown.

This stinks...

:bs:

prodigalson139
07-30-2009, 06:34 PM
Now on the Denver Post Site:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/07/30/bailey-hill-thomas-to-start-camp-on-pup/

Just trying to link to some info...

BroncoBuff
07-30-2009, 06:37 PM
Much ado about nothing

This.

UberBroncoMan
07-30-2009, 06:41 PM

That's the typical thing to say.

Anyone remember Simeon Rice lol?

spdirty
07-30-2009, 06:41 PM
****in McDaniels.

KevinJames
07-30-2009, 06:54 PM
Not a big deal Wesley Woodyard was on the PUP list for like one day so was DJ

Champ will be fine.

BroncoMan4ever
07-30-2009, 07:23 PM
Well, looks like McBath and Smith will be getting a lot of reps to start.

i don't mind that at all. i would love if all the rookies could get a lot of reps.

Br0nc0Buster
07-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Champ will be fine
Im not terribly upset Hill is gonna miss time, I want McBath to beat him out

Prolly not gonna happen, but I would like Larsen to beat out Davis and McBath beat out Hill, oh and I would also like to see Chris Baker and Carlton Powell make the team

BroncoMan4ever
07-30-2009, 08:12 PM
Champ will be fine
Im not terribly upset Hill is gonna miss time, I want McBath to beat him out

Prolly not gonna happen, but I would like Larsen to beat out Davis and McBath beat out Hill, oh and I would also like to see Chris Baker and Carlton Powell make the team

i am really hoping that in the next 2-3 years our Safeties are Barrett and Bruton. I like McBath, but if Bruton can become a good Safety and not just special teamer, our Safeties would be insanely big, strong and fast

Archer81
07-30-2009, 08:15 PM
You know they are fine, right? Chill the **** out.

:Broncos:

theAPAOps5
07-30-2009, 08:20 PM
ROFL!

Probably precautionary stuff, though this is a bit odd...

One source said Thomas was on the PUP list for failing a conditioning test

WTF?

Apparently since the team had a month off McDaniels made it known that all players would have to pass a sprint test. According to several its grueling so you have to stay honest during your time off.

BroncoDoug
07-30-2009, 10:35 PM
they technically could be added tomorrow...we shall see

Although this is true, what is the point of putting them on the PUP if something wasn't wrong? Is there a roster exemption or something?

Meck77
07-30-2009, 10:41 PM
I need to scratch my balls.

Mr. Elway
07-30-2009, 11:03 PM
If they are on the list they are not allowed to practice. Hazarding a guess here, but maybe you put a guy like Champ or DJ on there if you think he will benefit from a day of rest, and you know it's not in their nature to take a day off. Plus maybe it gives the coaches a chance to evaluate secondary players running with the first team. There could be a number of reasons IMO.

Popps
07-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Apparently since the team had a month off McDaniels made it known that all players would have to pass a sprint test. According to several its grueling so you have to stay honest during your time off.

Really?

Cool.

**** any of these slobs that can't manage to sprint for gigantic sums of money.

BroncoDoug
07-30-2009, 11:07 PM
If they are on the list they are not allowed to practice. Hazarding a guess here, but maybe you put a guy like Champ or DJ on there if you think he will benefit from a day of rest, and you know it's not in their nature to take a day off. Plus maybe it gives the coaches a chance to evaluate secondary players running with the first team. There could be a number of reasons IMO.

But if you just want to sit them for a few days of rest, why put them on the PUP, why not just hold them out a day or too? I meant BMarsh didn't practice the last two days because of "soreness" why wasn't he placed on the PUP?

Hulamau
07-31-2009, 12:22 AM
Really?

Cool.

**** any of these slobs that can't manage to sprint for gigantic sums of money.

Yeap Apa is right, this is most likely about the conditioning test that the rookies had to pass. Really tough and maybe that is what sent Marshall on the PUP so fast as well, though he completed the test it may have stiffened him up.

Dont expect Champ and Renaldo to be out long .. nor Thomas I suspect

footstepsfrom#27
07-31-2009, 12:56 AM
:bs:
That makes 2 of us that can read.

ZONA
07-31-2009, 01:00 AM
All camps have players who go through this stuff. This is not a bad note at all. A bad note is once camp begins, having guys get injured and not being able to comeback until sometime after the real season starts.

Traveler
07-31-2009, 03:04 AM

I like McDaniels more and more each day! No more Club Med camps.

kent156
07-31-2009, 05:07 AM
coach going to need a healthy bailey, because i don't see teams throwing away from him.

ND Bronco Fan
07-31-2009, 09:10 AM
MHR just said Champ failed the conditioning test so they arent just resting him the first day.