PDA

View Full Version : OT: Vick apparently close to a new deal.

lex
07-30-2009, 12:00 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-vickbankruptcy&prov=ap&type=lgns

CoopDawg
07-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Oakland Raiders, book it.

lex
07-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Oakland Raiders, book it.

It could be a UFL team.

broncocalijohn
07-30-2009, 12:07 PM
It could be a UFL team.

I think one season is actually a good idea. Less pressure for him and getting back into football shape might land him a starting job in the NFL for next season. He should have been suspended for this year just for lying to the commissioner about the dog fighting.

NFLBRONCO
07-30-2009, 12:09 PM
Come on Denver do it

TailgateNut
07-30-2009, 12:10 PM
Come on Denver do it

You're Nucking Futs.

NFLBRONCO
07-30-2009, 12:14 PM
You're Nucking Futs.

You thought I was serious :rofl:

NFLBRONCO
07-30-2009, 12:15 PM
I predict it to be the Jagwads

TheReverend
07-30-2009, 12:17 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6360/kittenmittens.gif (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/kittenmittens.gif/)

broncofan2438
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Thats why practice was canceled

broncosteven
07-30-2009, 01:02 PM
I predict it to be the Jagwads

More Scarcasm?

WyoLaw
07-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Well, as I posted on another thread, there is a roster spot open. Speculate away....

Footnote.

The team waived injured rookie wide receiver Lucas Taylor. Taylor, who reported on Monday, had not participated in the first three days of practice, but McDaniels would not discuss the nature of his injury.

Denver Post (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12942252)
<!-- / message -->

telluride
07-30-2009, 01:12 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats signed him. They have no backup for Brady. Bill B would find innovative ways to get him on the field for a few plays a game. He's one of the few coaches that could take/wouldn't care about the heat he'd get for the signing. And he's tough enough to keep Vick in place.

Makes a lot of sense, actually. And the Pats would probably be stronger if they did it.

broncofan2438
07-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Well, as I posted on another thread, there is a roster spot open. Speculate away....

Footnote.

The team waived injured rookie wide receiver Lucas Taylor. Taylor, who reported on Monday, had not participated in the first three days of practice, but McDaniels would not discuss the nature of his injury.

<!-- / message -->

Make room for Vick

WyoLaw
07-30-2009, 01:15 PM
You never know.

NFLBRONCO
07-30-2009, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=broncosteven;2487238]More Scarcasm?[/QUOTE

NO NO NO NO NO NO

UberBroncoMan
07-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Make room for Vick

Just what we need in the locker room!

broncosteven
07-30-2009, 01:23 PM
Just what we need in the locker room!

But Tony Dungy is his Mentor!

TheReverend
07-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I could actually warm up to Mike Vick, I think.

broncosteven
07-30-2009, 01:44 PM

In jail?

TailgateNut
07-30-2009, 01:45 PM

Considering your warm and fuzzy feelings for Jay, I can understand another douche would be ok in your book.

Gcver2ver3
07-30-2009, 01:49 PM
why do you all act like the sky will have fallen if we signed Vick?...

so what if we signed him on the cheap to compete for a back-up QB spot and see what he can do in camp and a couple preseason games?...

how is that such a terrible thing?...

no one expects much from us this season anyhow...

whats the risk?...PR hit?...

been there done that remember?...

OBF1
07-30-2009, 01:57 PM
After what Vick and the Falcons did to Denver on a Halloween day game at Mile High a few years back, I would not be opposed to him coming to Denver.

TheDave
07-30-2009, 02:00 PM
He's not coming to denver... Though I have to admit this would be the only way to properly top the craziest off season ever.

SureShot
07-30-2009, 02:09 PM

Shouldn't we find out if he drinks the night before games first?

TheReverend
07-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Shouldn't we find out if he drinks the night before games first?

Absolutely. We need to make sure he's getting liquored up and swinging by the humane society on Saturday nights.

lex
07-30-2009, 02:16 PM
He's not coming to denver... Though I have to admit this would be the only way to properly top the craziest off season ever.

The thought of them signing him to deflect some of the heat away from McDaniels has crossed my mind.

ZONA
07-30-2009, 02:17 PM
He's not coming to Denver. McD likes smart players, not sure if Vick fits the bill in that regard.

Now in terms of smart and stupid, I think Al Davis tops the list on the stupid meter so I think he would be first in line to sign Vick.

lex
07-30-2009, 02:17 PM

so what if we signed him on the cheap to compete for a back-up QB spot and see what he can do in camp and a couple preseason games?...

Dont be silly.

broncosteven
07-30-2009, 02:20 PM

I do not see Vick coming to a team as a QB, could see him come in as maybe a Slash type guy who can run the Wildcat or line up in the slot and catch a screen and make some moves. Maybe be listed as a 3rd string QB...maybe...

IF he still has his speed.

If his speed is gone he is done in the NFL.

broncogary
07-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Heard on the radio here this afternoon that he was signing with the Cowboys. Do they still have Pacman? That would be quite a crew.

maher_tyler
07-30-2009, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats signed him. They have no backup for Brady. Bill B would find innovative ways to get him on the field for a few plays a game. He's one of the few coaches that could take/wouldn't care about the heat he'd get for the signing. And he's tough enough to keep Vick in place.

Makes a lot of sense, actually. And the Pats would probably be stronger if they did it.

I don't understand why everyone is saying this...i didn't realize he was a cancer in Atl??? Wasn't he a fan favorite and liked among his teamates?!

tsiguy96
07-30-2009, 04:45 PM
i hope we sign him. just so most of you guys go overboard and flip out. it would be mass OM suicide.

jsco70
07-30-2009, 05:54 PM

Rep

Los Broncos
07-30-2009, 05:58 PM
i hope we sign him. just so most of you guys go overboard and flip out. it would be mass OM suicide.

If it happened the server would do a mass suicide.

bronco_boi_5280
07-30-2009, 06:00 PM
I'm not saying that we sign Vick or are even looking at him...

But with that said, remember that McD learned under Belichick. Belichick, who brought in "malcontent, locker room cancer" Corey Dillon and won a SB. Who also brought in "guy who dogged it, malcontent, a-hole" Randy Moss and has been successful. Point being, it seems pretty obvious (IMO) that at the very least, McD won't shy away from somebody who he believes can help the team win, "bad guy" or not.

lex
07-30-2009, 06:15 PM

But with that said, remember that McD learned under Belichick. Belichick, who brought in "malcontent, locker room cancer" Corey Dillon and won a SB. Who also brought in "guy who dogged it, malcontent, a-hole" Randy Moss and has been successful. Point being, it seems pretty obvious (IMO) that at the very least, McD won't shy away from somebody who he believes can help the team win, "bad guy" or not.

Pat Bowlen has to sign off on it. And Belichick had already won a SB when they brought in these questionable character guys. Bowlen just had to write a letter to his season (and prospective) ticketholders because of the Cutler debacle. So there has been enough turmoil where a coach who has yet to win a game is concerned.

Plus, none of those guys brought the same public backlash

colonelbeef
07-30-2009, 06:50 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6360/kittenmittens.gif (http://img31.imageshack.us/i/kittenmittens.gif/)

awesome gif

oubronco
07-30-2009, 07:01 PM

Footnote.

<!-- / message -->

nothing McD does would surprise me now but Lucas was injured and it wasn't like he had a realistic shot at the roster

maher_tyler
07-30-2009, 07:07 PM

Was Vick a cancer in Atl?? I thought he was a fan favorite and was liked by his teamates???