PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Trade Brandon Marshall?

Slade
07-29-2009, 11:46 AM
By keeping BM out of practice are the Broncos trying to trade him?

One of the "knocks" on him was his health, but on the first day of practice he showed he was stronger and faster than before.

It seems the "last step" of the process is his court date. If he is not guilty then I would think teams start bidding for his services!

BroncoDoug
07-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Thats Possible, but I still dont think they will get equal value for him, thus I hope they don't trade him at all...

lex
07-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Thats Possible, but I still dont think they will get equal value for him, thus I hope they don't trade him at all...

Actually, I think they might get substantial value for him. Its not like its February when teams feel they have the draft or FA as an option for landing a WR. Given that Baltimores options are limited, they may actually have to overpay. Its not like Denver doesnt have a season infront of them too.

theAPAOps5
07-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Even after his court date his histroy is too long and his mind to little for teams to give huge money too right now. We are stuck with an athletic mental midget!

SonOfLe-loLang
07-29-2009, 11:52 AM
Im gladly stuck with a guy coming off two straight 100 catch seasons.

Rabb
07-29-2009, 11:56 AM
coincidence?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=82382

theAPAOps5
07-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Im gladly stuck with a guy coming off two straight 100 catch seasons.

How many points does 100 catches equate too? Because he had only 6 TD's which is abysmal. So his 100 catches must be worth some points to make him worth a prime contract. Or is it because the QB who would force anything to him is gone and he knows he won't get to rack up ticky tack catches?

Bronco_Beerslug
07-29-2009, 01:05 PM
Trying To Trade Brandon Marshall?One can only hope!!!

DBroncos4life
07-29-2009, 01:06 PM
How many points does 100 catches equate too? Because he had only 6 TD's which is abysmal. So his 100 catches must be worth some points to make him worth a prime contract. Or is it because the QB who would force anything to him is gone and he knows he won't get to rack up ticky tack catches?

damned if he does damned if he doesn't. How many of his catches that he didn't score on lead to Broncos points or first downs?

theAPAOps5
07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
damned if he does damned if he doesn't. How many of his catches that he didn't score on lead to Broncos points or first downs?

Please sir I am stirring the pot. Move along nothing to see here...... ;D

broncofan2438
07-29-2009, 01:09 PM
I read on denverbroncos.com forums that the Ravens might be interested in him again seriously. THey are giving Mason about 1 week to decide whether he is retiring or not

DBroncos4life
07-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Please sir I am stirring the pot. Move along nothing to see here...... ;D

I'll kill you. ;D

OBF1
07-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Brandon Marshall likes scooter pies, Just say'n

broncos-rock
07-29-2009, 01:24 PM
I'd go Braylon Edwards straight up for Marshall at this point!

SonOfLe-loLang
07-29-2009, 01:27 PM

I dont know that we really can debate marshall's importance. The guy is a gamer that can be electric after the catch. he's someone you have to game plan around and he hasnt even hit his prime yet. Look no further than that first San Diego game last year. He has the ability to take over a game.

Popps
07-29-2009, 02:28 PM
I'd go Braylon Edwards straight up for Marshall at this point!

Oh, **** yea. Absolutely.

Rabb
07-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I heard Edwards failed his physical today, seriously

LonghornBronco
07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Keep Brandon "Sarah" Marshall, he has no rival in terms of an offensive weapon except maybe Adrian Peterson...

Baba Booey
07-29-2009, 03:26 PM
We aren't going to get even close to equal value for him so **** no. I really hope he re-ups with us but I'm not holding my breath. All we can do is say our prayers that he gets his head out of his ass.

http://www.thisisjustcool.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/image/boy%20and%20dog%20praying.JPG

watermock
07-29-2009, 04:02 PM
Hell be gone next year, one way or another.

Hes not Beavis' kind of player.

Hogan11
07-29-2009, 04:36 PM
Hell be gone next year, one way or another.

Hes not Beavis' kind of player.

How does it go? Oh yeah, ahem......."This"

BroncoBuff
07-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Put as plainly as possible, Braylon Edwards is not in the same league as Brandon Marshall. Despite the fact he has a year on Brandon, and is on a team with FAR fewer weapons, Edwards' production has been just a fraction of Marshall's. Numbers don't lie.

Let's not panic and jump the gun, just because we're impatient Brandon's acting childish.

He's back at work and back in the fold. Let's just mellow out for now.

snowspot66
07-29-2009, 04:53 PM
McDaniels thinks he can work with any smart QB but he needs good receivers. Why would he go and trade Marshall?

gyldenlove
07-29-2009, 05:04 PM

I know, we should have a team with no playmakers at all. You don't need people throwing the ball or catching the ball or making sacks or anything. We just need to score more touchdowns as a team and give up fewer, but without making plays.

27atwater
07-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Braylon=steaming pile

tsiguy96
07-29-2009, 05:09 PM
McDaniels thinks he can work with any smart QB but he needs good receivers. Why would he go and trade Marshall?

wait, marshall got traded? or are you just prematurely whining?

BroncoBuff
07-29-2009, 05:22 PM
You got it backwards there, sport. It's the Marshall detractors that are doing the whining.

Criticism = Whining

Those of us defending the kid are the anti-whiners ;D

snowspot66
07-29-2009, 05:34 PM

No. I'm simply asking the question. Why would he trade Marshall? It makes no sense. He thinks he can work with Orton. I think he can. But he needs somebody to throw the ball to. A trade makes no sense.

tsiguy96
07-29-2009, 05:35 PM
No. I'm simply asking the question. Why would he trade Marshall? It makes no sense. He thinks he can work with Orton. I think he can. But he needs somebody to throw the ball to. A trade makes no sense.

thats why trades are essentially not even being discussed. go watch any player or coach interview from the last week, its always "we look forward to seeing him on the field" and brandon is showing up.

Premier-Ace55
07-29-2009, 06:08 PM
It's whatever I think that it's going to sprial out of control from a nasty brandon attitude tip. No one is budging and it just seems that Brandon is going to have a stank attitude for the rest of the year. Hopefully he'll play, get in with teammates and cool off some. I don't want to trade him but if we can get equal value i'm not trippin.

oubronco
07-29-2009, 07:19 PM
One can only hope!!!

and who in the hell is going to replace him?

we need him this year if we are going to have a snowballs chance in hell at winning 8 games

maher_tyler
07-29-2009, 07:30 PM
By keeping BM out of practice are the Broncos trying to trade him?

One of the "knocks" on him was his health, but on the first day of practice he showed he was stronger and faster than before.

It seems the "last step" of the process is his court date. If he is not guilty then I would think teams start bidding for his services!

Makes sense but i doubt it..if we trade BM i want another player not just draft picks..

broncos-rock
07-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I seriously think Marshall must be mental because he could put up huge numbers in a mcdaniels offense look at what Moss did in ne. Then he would get paid!:strong:

TonyR
07-29-2009, 07:47 PM
I seriously think Marshall must be mental because he could put up huge numbers in a mcdaniels offense look at what Moss did in ne. Then he would get paid!:strong:

You could say the same basic thing about Cutler. He's not going to look nearly as good wearing that failure of an offense in Chi-town as he would have looked here.

broncos-rock
07-29-2009, 10:46 PM
You could say the same basic thing about Cutler. He's not going to look nearly as good wearing that failure of an offense in Chi-town as he would have looked here.

Hate to beat an already dead horse here but I don't think McDaniels liked Cutlers decision making and his inability to read defenses. Which I suppose you can coach and help him along but I think Cutler was full of himself and maybe was'nt as coachable as maybe McDaniels would have liked. You know until one of them tells the real story the fan is always going to be left guessing.

Blueflame
07-29-2009, 11:08 PM
I know, we should have a team with no playmakers at all. You don't need people throwing the ball or catching the ball or making sacks or anything. We just need to score more touchdowns as a team and give up fewer, but without making plays.

Well... if we have no playmakers on the team... then I guess all credit for any wins would be unshared; it would go totally to "McDaniels' system" (aka "the Patriot Way"). Maybe that's the plan...who knows. *shrug*

cutthemdown
07-29-2009, 11:57 PM
Hate to beat an already dead horse here but I don't think McDaniels liked Cutlers decision making and his inability to read defenses. Which I suppose you can coach and help him along but I think Cutler was full of himself and maybe was'nt as coachable as maybe McDaniels would have liked. You know until one of them tells the real story the fan is always going to be left guessing.

LOL Mcdaniels will wait until Cutler struggles before he says those things.

For sure though you are right, at some point someone will say something. Right now the pressure is on and its easier to shut up in a situation like that.

Popps
07-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Well... if we have no playmakers on the team... then I guess all credit for any wins would be unshared; it would go totally to "McDaniels' system" (aka "the Patriot Way"). Maybe that's the plan...who knows. *shrug*

Lord... you two should just go hold each other and have a good cry.

We've had three practices in pads and you've got enough information to deem us to have "no playmakers." That makes sense. Why bother to see if anything actually works. Just bitch and criticize things you have absolutely no information about.

Blueflame
07-30-2009, 12:19 AM
Lord... you two should just go hold each other and have a good cry.

We've had three practices in pads and you've got enough information to deem us to have "no playmakers." That makes sense. Why bother to see if anything actually works. Just b**** and criticize things you have absolutely no information about.

What's wrong with questioning whether or not a total noob (at HC) is in over his head? You're free to have total faith in him (based on nothing whatsoever yet)... have at it.

Popps
07-30-2009, 12:40 AM
What's wrong with questioning whether or not a total noob (at HC) is in over his head? You're free to have total faith in him (based on nothing whatsoever yet)... have at it.

That wasn't what you two crybabies said.

You said we have "no playmakers."

What's wrong with that? Neither of you Cleo-wanna-be's have seen the future.

Eddie Royal will suck this year? Hillis? Moreno? Stokley? Gaffney? Buckhalter?
All of the offensive rookies?

How the hell do you know if we have any playmakers or not?

Answer? You don't. You're just b****ing to b****.

See, there's a difference between...

A. Blind Faith

B. Actually giving a new administration time to perform their duties before attempting to definitively proclaim that they're a failure.

See what I did there? I made it real easy for you.

Blueflame
07-30-2009, 01:24 AM
That wasn't what you two crybabies said.

You said we have "no playmakers."

What's wrong with that? Neither of you Cleo-wanna-be's have seen the future.

Eddie Royal will suck this year? Hillis? Moreno? Stokley? Gaffney? Buckhalter?
All of the offensive rookies?

How the hell do you know if we have any playmakers or not?

Answer? You don't. You're just b****ing to b****.

See, there's a difference between...

A. Blind Faith

B. Actually giving a new administration time to perform their duties before attempting to definitively proclaim that they're a failure.

See what I did there? I made it real easy for you.

Wrong.... the thread title is "Trying to Trade Brandon Marshall?" (with a question mark). We might have no playmakers (so-called "superstars" or "nationally-recognized household names") left on the offense if the front office trades away (arguably) the best WR in the division.

Try to follow along here... last year we had 3 players who went to the Pro Bowl. Our noob HC has already gotten rid of one... a second threatened to holdout for a new contract (which he got, thankfully) and the third wants out as well and his future with the team is in doubt. So...what could a noob HC possibly be thinking if... in his first preseason, he gets rid of 2 out of 3 Pro Bowlers? ??? And why would any fan of the team think this is a good thing? ???

Rausch 2.0
07-30-2009, 01:32 AM
Try to follow along here... last year we had 3 players who went to the Pro Bowl. Our noob HC has already gotten rid of one... a second threatened to holdout for a new contract (which he got, thankfully) and the third wants out as well and his future with the team is in doubt. So...what could a noob HC possibly be thinking if... in his first preseason, he gets rid of 2 out of 3 Pro Bowlers? ??? And why would any fan of the team think this is a good thing? ???

It's only fair that the Raiders, Chiefs, and Donks rebuild at the same time. Think of it as more of a race and less as a game of who-sucks-less this year.

And the Chargers still have Norm so they'll choke to an unimpressive 10-6 or 9-7...

Blueflame
07-30-2009, 01:38 AM
It's only fair that the Raiders, Chiefs, and Donks rebuild at the same time. Think of it as more of a race and less as a game of who-sucks-less this year.

And the Chargers still have Norm so they'll choke to an unimpressive 10-6 or 9-7...

Depends on the timeframe...if you're looking at just last year, the Chefs still suck the most (2-14 and in possession of the division cellar until another team *cough...the Raiders*... take it from them... again) but if you're talking "the last 5 years" or even "the last decade", then the Raiders are clearly the suckiest team in the NFL; nevermind just the division. And I agree that the Chargers' "window of opportunity" is closing and they will eventually be "Norv'ed"...

Do you see a pattern here?

Last Marty year: 14-2
First Norv year: 11-5
2nd Norv year: 8-8
If the pattern continues, do we see the Boltz go 5-11? ???

Broncos_OTM
07-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Wrong.... the thread title is "Trying to Trade Brandon Marshall?" (with a question mark). We might have no playmakers (so-called "superstars" or "nationally-recognized household names") left on the offense if the front office trades away (arguably) the best WR in the division.

bad chemistry?one bad apple can ........
i put alot into chad johnson and TO in spoiling their teams

Hotrod
07-30-2009, 08:47 AM
http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/ALL_DA_WAY_BABY_NY_GIANTS_46cbb215c5297.jpg

OR

http://www.firstandtensportsden.com/store/images/product_images/2X3FTBANNER-RAVENS.jpg

worm
07-30-2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.weblo.com/asset_images/large/ALL_DA_WAY_BABY_NY_GIANTS_46cbb215c5297.jpg

OR

http://www.firstandtensportsden.com/store/images/product_images/2X3FTBANNER-RAVENS.jpg

Is this like an eyechart test? If so, I say Ravens.

Broncos4tw
07-30-2009, 09:27 AM
No... as much trouble as Brandon has been, we need him on the team. If we start trading every player who whines a bit, asks to be traded, or doesn't meet our "Mister Rogers" attitude test, we'll have a bunch of mediocre, nice, "team player" losers. I'd like to have some skill on the team as well please. We already screwed up getting rid of Cutler, they should do everything in their power to keep Marshall.

ScottXray
07-30-2009, 10:04 AM
No... as much trouble as Brandon has been, we need him on the team. If we start trading every player who whines a bit, asks to be traded, or doesn't meet our "Mister Rogers" attitude test, we'll have a bunch of mediocre, nice, "team player" losers. I'd like to have some skill on the team as well please. We already screwed up getting rid of Cutler, they should do everything in their power to keep Marshall.

I agree that BM should stay here. Cutler is in Chicago, and while it MAY be a bad thing to have traded him, only the future will reveal that. At least we got good value for him, so it wasn't a complete disaster.
After the first six games last year both Cutler and Orton were being mentioned as possible MVP candidates, and the remainder of the season turned sour for both of them, albeit for diferent reasons (We lost all semblance of a run game, and Orton got hurt himself). I think Orton may just do a lot more than most people expect here.

The Broncos were pretty clear in their direction and intention when BM declared he wanted a trade ( "see you in camp"). Bowlen may have said he'd try to accomodate a trade, but that doesn't mean for ANY offer. While he is deserving of raise for his on field play, the trade offers received (4th round pick) were simply not on par for his talent level and were rejected (rightfully). On field BM is worth at least a first and third pick. His legal situation coming up is a worry to all parties, and is going to impact him and the team until resolved. Even BM and his agent have to realise now that his value is being affected by the off field issues, and becoming a cancer in the locker room would only serve to further limit his trade or performance value.

My bet is that if BM clears the legal issue, the Broncos will reward him with a
contract that pays him his worth, with the proviso that protects the team from further off field issues.