PDA

View Full Version : Dawkins on Jim Rome (radio) 2nd Hour

cousinal11
07-29-2009, 10:05 AM
My summary below, was good to hear from B-Dawk!

Doggcow
07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Any way to stream it? I love Rome.

cousinal11
07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Edit - to remove link after interview

Elway777
07-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Signing Dawkins is the only positive thing the Broncos have done all year.

Irish Stout
07-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Should be really good. Rome gives good interview.

I enjoy Rome's interviews. He always gets good interviews, but I can't stand the other nonsense that goes on in his show. Its not even about sports its about reading pointless texts and emails and having callers make fun of other clones.

cousinal11
07-29-2009, 10:13 AM
All about Philadelphia so far

tsiguy96
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
post updates about denver!!

broncofan2438
07-29-2009, 10:20 AM
Edit - to remove link after interview

Thanks, got to listen a bit. Talked about Jim Johnson and McDaniels a bit

SoDak Bronco
07-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Talked very positively about Josh McDaniels. Said wisdom dooesn't have an age, he demands everyone's respect. Knows his stuff, holds everyone accountable, "even myself" said Dawkins. Dawkins said he is excited to play in Denver, knows the fans get pumped up, all dressed up in orange.

SoDak Bronco
07-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Rome compared the signing to Lynch coming to Denver, expects to see similar results, great lockerroom guy, probowls, involved in the community.

cousinal11
07-29-2009, 10:26 AM
- Talked about how nothing will be different between DEN & PHI, he is going to be who he is. If the opportunity presents itself to say something he will, but he's just going to do what he does.

- Was tough to say later to Philly, not goodbye, because that will always be like home to him. He hopes to say the same about Denver.

- Was asked about PHI fans and he said they were critical but fair. If you gave it your all they would love you.

- Was asked about Denver fans compared to Philly fans and said we will find out. Right now from his experiences so far the Broncos fans are pumped, jacked up. Said DEN fans are proud and love their Broncos.

- When asked about McDaniels said he definitely has the respect and attention of all the players. In meetings everyone is so tuned in you could hear a pen drop. McDaniels is holding guys accountable, including B-Dawk himself. Nothing but positive talk about the coach.

- On Coach being so young, he said it doesn't matter if you have knowledge. His age doesn't bother him.

- And then to finish he had kind words about Jim Johnson and how much of an influence he was on his career. Gave him a lot of credit for his success. Johnson always believed in him and it was sad to hear the news yesterday. Finished talking about JJ and Hugh Douglas going back and forth years back and how funny it was.

Was a nice interview despite it was mostly about his past but the stuff he said about us fans and McDaniels was good to hear.

Flex Gunmetal
07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
This years NFCCG was on NFL network earlier this week. They showed Dawkins pumping up the team before kickoff, dude has some serious fire.

Rabb
07-29-2009, 10:45 AM
When asked about McDaniels said he definitely has the respect and attention of all the players. In meetings everyone is so tuned in you could hear a pen drop. McDaniels is holding guys accountable, including B-Dawk himself. Nothing but positive talk about the coach.

when this is the theme from anyone that talks, it makes me feel good about the situation

Shanny lost the locker room IMO over that last yew seasons

*enter the "but, but...players won't talk bad about the coach publicly" crowd*

Br0nc0Buster
07-29-2009, 10:52 AM
good interview, Dawkins also confirmed that Cutler is indeed a pussy at the end