PDA

View Full Version : Kahn's least favorite play from last season

montrose
07-14-2009, 01:50 PM
He hates this play so much. He brought it up every time we want to complain about the Broncos. From the day after the game to last week, this is the play that makes his head explode. Here's the good part, we won this game! Why does Kaylore hate this play so much?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80cf1851/Jets-Defense-Highlight-WK-13-vs-Broncos-2008

As an FYI, here are my two least favorites, not hard to see why:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d53ace/Panthers-Defense-Highlight-WK-15-vs-Broncos-2008
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d8b112/Bills-Defense-Highlight-WK-16-vs-Broncos-2008

bronco_boi_5280
07-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Glad we kicked this guy to the curb! Orton would never do something like that!

No way! It was only Cutler's 3rd year! He'll learn!

Just getting those two sentiments out of the way now. Proceed.

cutthemdown
07-14-2009, 01:59 PM
That was a perfect example of how Cutler will force the ball even with a lead, in scoring position, were a FG would really but game in control. Instead though he scrambles, forces ball to endzone and gets it picked off.

It's not just because he plays from behind or is losing. He plays the same no matter what which shows he has not yet advanced to the game general type level the really good qbs are at.

He needs to get better at that or I bet Chicago will be upset with him a lot.

Last thing you want to do with a 14-10 lead and a good defense is force the ball. At that point one turnover can lose the game.

Who thinks Cutler will play more under control? I for one think he is what he is and his game won't be changing much.

Beantown Bronco
07-14-2009, 02:01 PM
I thought his least favorite play was the one where Kuper hurt his hand. After all, that's the one that had more of an effect on their relationship.

bronco militia
07-14-2009, 02:02 PM
I thought for sure the game was going to turn in the jets favor after that play

Mr. Elway
07-14-2009, 02:07 PM
I really hated this one:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80cf0c3e/Thomas-Jones-Highlight-WK-13-vs-Broncos-2008

1st and 10 and Jones just made it look way too easy. Our secondary might as well have been sitting on the bench. I was standing in the airport being harassed by a Favre fan.

It baffles me that Shanny wanted to keep Slowick around.

crush17
07-14-2009, 02:09 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-Broncos-2008 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d53ace/Panthers-Defense-Highlight-WK-15-vs-Broncos-2008)
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...s-Broncos-2008 (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d8b112/Bills-Defense-Highlight-WK-16-vs-Broncos-2008)

Watch that 2nd video and look for Stokley right after the play. You can tell he's upset at that throw...

worm
07-14-2009, 02:09 PM
Last thing you want to do with a 14-10 lead and a good defense is force the ball. At that point one turnover can lose the game.

ummmm.

broncofan2438
07-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Glad we kicked this guy to the curb! Orton would never do something like that!

No way! It was only Cutler's 3rd year! He'll learn!

Just getting those two sentiments out of the way now. Proceed.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing

vancejohnson82
07-14-2009, 02:13 PM
ugghhh....the Buffalo pick still hurts to watch

Kaylore
07-14-2009, 02:15 PM
That's the one I use as an example of what Cutler's issues are, but it's not my least favorite.

My least favorites were both in the MNF Patriots game: Hall's consecutive fumbles and stupid-ass Jamie Winborn grabbing Cassel's facemask on third and long with the Pat's backed up to preserve a drive that resulted in a TD. It personified everything wrong with our defense last year.

Kaylore
07-14-2009, 02:19 PM
Watch that 2nd video and look for Stokley right after the play. You can tell he's upset at that throw...

Because he was open and it would have been a first down.

cousinal11
07-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Don't have to worry about that happening with Orton.

He's face down on the turf about 2 full seconds before Cutler lets it go.

Ambiguous
07-14-2009, 02:23 PM

This whole thread is pretty painful.

Los Broncos
07-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Mine was every time Winborn danced around after a tackle.

misturanderson
07-14-2009, 02:25 PM

Yeah, because Jay totally had a breakdown of his protection in all of those 3 clips ::). And I would take being facedown in the dirt over a pick in scoring position during a game that decides whether or not the team gets into the playoffs any day.

crush17
07-14-2009, 02:27 PM
Because he was open and it would have been a first down.

That's what I was implying...

Ambiguous
Yeah, because Jay totally had a breakdown of his protection in 2 of those 3 clips ::). And I would take being facedown in the dirt over a pick in scoring position during a game that decides whether or not the team gets into the playoffs any day.

This.

cousinal11
Mine was every time Winborn danced around after a tackle.

Definitely won't miss that. Remember the Pats game on national tv? We were getting smashed and every time he made a play, it was on.

cousinal11
07-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah, because Jay totally had a breakdown of his protection in all of those 3 clips ::). And I would take being facedown in the dirt over a pick in scoring position during a game that decides whether or not the team gets into the playoffs any day.

We won the game, thanks in large part to Jay.

Just sayin'.

TheDave
07-14-2009, 02:31 PM

Exactly what I was thinking... God I hated watching and athletic QB with escapability/pocket awarness and a cannon for an arm. Yes he forced the ball where he should not have. Young QB's do that...

We better all hope that Orton and his limited mobility and average arm make a lot less mistakes... 'cause he sure isn't going to make nearly as many of the jaw dropping plays.

BroncoMan4ever
07-14-2009, 02:31 PM

no ****. i remember that play. Stokley had a step on his man. that would have been good for at least a 1st down inside the 5 if not a TD, had Cutler not decided to force it to Marshall.

Ambiguous
07-14-2009, 02:32 PM

Just sayin'.

The second part of his post was referring to the Bills game, the most unacceptable loss of the entire season IMO.

misturanderson
07-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Just sayin'.

He did play very well for the most part. I would also give a huge amount of credit to Hillis' dominant running performance as well as the defense playing above its talent level on all but 2 plays that day (could be because Slowick was forced to play our superior rookie LBers that day). The team won that game and Cutler played a great role on that team.

montrose
07-14-2009, 02:36 PM
That's the one I use as an example of what Cutler's issues are, but it's not my least favorite.

My least favorites were both in the MNF Patriots game: Hall's consecutive fumbles and stupid-ass Jamie Winborn grabbing Cassel's facemask on third and long with the Pat's backed up to preserve a drive that resulted in a TD. It personified everything wrong with our defense last year.

I stand corrected sir.

Being at the games last season many of Cutler's targets would get visibly upset with him, Stokley especially. I also remember Michael Pittman getting in his grill after Cutler's pick in the SD game.

cousinal11
07-14-2009, 02:41 PM
The second part of his post was referring to the Bills game, the most unacceptable loss of the entire season IMO.

No doubt Jay missed some throws in that game, so of course, we lost.

telluride
07-14-2009, 02:46 PM
Ouch, these are painful. Happy feet, backpedaling or sliding needlessly outside his pocket, throwing off his back foot, getting picked, sulking, glaring at the receiver as if it was his fault.

The Jay Cutler Game Plan.

cousinal11
07-14-2009, 02:58 PM
He did play very well for the most part. I would also give a huge amount of credit to Hillis' dominant running performance as well as the defense playing above its talent level on all but 2 plays that day (could be because Slowick was forced to play our superior rookie LBers that day). The team won that game and Cutler played a great role on that team.

No doubt. Hillis was a beast that day.

fdf
07-14-2009, 02:59 PM

I was at that game. It was too cold for the Broncos to suck as badly as they did.

broncosteven
07-14-2009, 03:01 PM
He hates this play so much. He brought it up every time we want to complain about the Broncos. From the day after the game to last week, this is the play that makes his head explode. Here's the good part, we won this game! Why does Kaylore hate this play so much?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80cf1851/Jets-Defense-Highlight-WK-13-vs-Broncos-2008

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d53ace/Panthers-Defense-Highlight-WK-15-vs-Broncos-2008
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80d8b112/Bills-Defense-Highlight-WK-16-vs-Broncos-2008

I had no issue with those, I would rather have a QB willing to make those throws than a guy with no confidence and a guy who gets a rep for dinking and dunking

Once a guy is known to dink and dunk you get people playing off and baiting him. Plus D's will then try to take away the underneath stuff.

When you have a guy who will take a chance I think it keeps a D honest.

One other thing I don't pin tips on QB's - that Buff game he was trying to win on his own after losing the 7th RB of the season and a D that did not record a stop all 2nd half until < 5 min in the game.

BroncoBuff
07-14-2009, 03:07 PM

That's the one. That pick and the SF field goal to end the '06 season, those were the worst two plays.

The worst at least since the pick Jake threw with one minute to go before halftime :(

cmhargrove
07-14-2009, 03:13 PM
Awww - hey-ell no!

This was the worst play from last season.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OALtxAlt2o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3OALtxAlt2o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigPlayShay
07-14-2009, 03:18 PM
I was bothered by many plays in the home Raider game where Jay was forcing the ball down the field. In the picture below Jay threw it to Darrel Jackson who was covered by Asomugha. Had Graham wide open:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=22566&stc=1&d=1227672527

Taco John
07-14-2009, 03:21 PM
The guy has a lot of maturing to do still - especially where forcing the ball vs. throwing it away is concerned.

tsiguy96
07-14-2009, 03:30 PM

Just sayin'.

the jets game? hillis had like 130 yards 2 TDs. hillis (and oline) single handedly dominated that "great" running defense, which opened the game up for cutler to throw all day.

misturanderson
07-14-2009, 03:36 PM
the jets game? hillis had like 130 yards 2 TDs. hillis (and oline) single handedly dominated that "great" running defense, which opened the game up for cutler to throw all day.

Which, in his defense, he did admirably. He threw for over 350 yards, 2 TDs and that one idiotic pick. Hillis only had 1 TD also, but I'm sure if they gave him more goal line attempts it would have been higher.

broncosteven
07-14-2009, 03:48 PM
That's the one. That pick and the SF field goal to end the '06 season, those were the worst two plays.

The worst at least since the pick Jake threw with one minute to go before halftime :(

At least Jay had a concussion and was forced to go back in to play because Plummer put up a 0.0% QB rating and we had no hope with him under center.

To Jay's credit he did throw a clutch TD to send the game to OT, too bad the D could not contain Gore in OT.

BroncoBuff
07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Ouch, these are painful. Happy feet, backpedaling or sliding needlessly outside his pocket, throwing off his back foot, getting picked, sulking, glaring at the receiver as if it was his fault.

The Jay Cutler Game Plan.

Jilted fanboy!

outdoor_miner
07-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Which, in his defense, he did admirably. He threw for over 350 yards, 2 TDs and that one idiotic pick. Hillis only had 1 TD also, but I'm sure if they gave him more goal line attempts it would have been higher.

The Jets game was Cutler's best of the year (after the first couple games). Hillis definitely opened things up, but Cutler was really amazing in terrible weather. I couldn't believe how well he threw the ball in those awful conditions. Favre looked pathetic; like he couldn't even get a grip on the ball. I really enjoyed the Jets game.

BroncoBuff
07-14-2009, 04:04 PM
(In the SF game to end 2006 season), to Jay's credit he did throw a clutch TD to send the game to OT, too bad the D could not contain Gore in OT.
Forgot about that clutch throw ... and that was as he was in the darkest throes of fatigue and weight loss, after he had dropped 35 pounds in 4 months.

Hey telluride? Got any response to that?

Jilted fanboys?

Anybody?

;D

BroncoBuff
07-14-2009, 04:08 PM
The Jets game was Cutler's best of the year (after the first couple games). Hillis definitely opened things up, but Cutler was really amazing in terrible weather .... I really enjoyed the Jets game.
Me too, but the Cleveland 4th quarter was one of the Top 5-10 quarters in franchise history. 200+ yards ... 3 TDs ... in the fourth quarter ... which started two scores behind ... on the road ... with the season on the line??

That was NAILS.

The Joker
07-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Forgot about that clutch throw ... and that was as he was in the darkest throes of fatigue and weight loss, after he had dropped 35 pounds in 4 months.

Hey telluride? Got any response to that?

Jilted fanboys?

Anybody?

;D

Wrong year.

cousinal11
07-14-2009, 04:13 PM
The guy has a lot of maturing to do still - especially where forcing the ball vs. throwing it away is concerned.

That was my only beef with Jay on the field. Not so much throwing it away, but taking the underneath stuff defenses gave us.

BroncoBuff
07-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Wrong year.

Oh yeah ... ::)

(But he still had diabetes).

azbroncfan
07-14-2009, 04:18 PM
All those plays were what Plummer was blasted for by the mane here. The Jets throw was plain terrible with the big lead. It really put them back in the game and Denver got lucky Farve missed some throws.

jsco70
07-14-2009, 04:24 PM
I have distanced myself from all the Cutler BS over the offseason. There didn't seem to be any point to debate who was wrong or right, or why things turned out like they did. Cutler's gone and he ain't coming back. However, those replays remind me of how frustrating the offense was last season. That Jets game was 27-14 in the 3rd quarter. Save the heroics and just kick a damn field goal already. If McDaniels can eliminate the red zone turnovers, and increase the TDs, Denver might just surprise everyone. Regardless, I'm rooting like hell for him. Go Broncos!

BroncoMan4ever
07-14-2009, 04:31 PM
I was bothered by many plays in the home Raider game where Jay was forcing the ball down the field. In the picture below Jay threw it to Darrel Jackson who was covered by Asomugha. Had Graham wide open:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=22566&stc=1&d=1227672527

that is going to turn into a huge problem in Chicago. weak WR corps, and a good receiving RB and good TE. he doesn't know how to check down to his RB and TE, he is always looking down the field. and with Marshall, Royal, and Stokley you can get away with that a lot, but in Chicago he is going to get burned.
unless Hester over the offseason turned into a true number 1 receiver, Jay is in for a rough year

Br0nc0Buster
07-14-2009, 04:58 PM
My least favorite plays were the ones with Webster and Engleberger on the field

Doesnt matter what happened in those plays, the fact that they started pissed me off

TonyR
07-14-2009, 06:12 PM
That was NAILS.

Why/how is it okay to point out his great moments but not his lousy ones? And the fact that there are such strong opinions on both sides points to perhaps Cutler's biggest flaw: his inconsistency.

broncosteven
07-14-2009, 06:19 PM
that is going to turn into a huge problem in Chicago. weak WR corps, and a good receiving RB and good TE. he doesn't know how to check down to his RB and TE, he is always looking down the field. and with Marshall, Royal, and Stokley you can get away with that a lot, but in Chicago he is going to get burned.
unless Hester over the offseason turned into a true number 1 receiver, Jay is in for a rough year

I am guessing that Cutler is not going to see as many WR's open down field in Chicago as he did in Denver with Marshall and Royal.

I am guessing that Turner will not be afraid to throw a screen like Shanny was.

I don't expect Cutler to lead the league in any catagory but I don't see why they cannot win their division. Plus he doesn't have to play Rivers twice this year.

outdoor_miner
07-14-2009, 06:32 PM
Me too, but the Cleveland 4th quarter was one of the Top 5-10 quarters in franchise history. 200+ yards ... 3 TDs ... in the fourth quarter ... which started two scores behind ... on the road ... with the season on the line??

That was NAILS.

I liked the Cleveland ending, but not as much as the Jets game. The Cleveland game almost felt to me like Cleveland gave the game away. I seem to remember several passes where Jay just blindly chucked the ball downfield and it miraculously ended up in the hands of a Denver player. Not to say Jay didn't lead a great comeback, because it was miraculous no matter how you slice it. However, it felt like equal parts talent and luck.

The Jets game on the other hand... That was just an ass-whooping against a team that everyone said would stomp us. Great game. Cutler played great. We had Hillis pounding the ball down their throats. We had Larsen and Woodyard playing great on D. Seemed like we were headed for good things.

tsiguy96
07-14-2009, 06:36 PM
I am guessing that Cutler is not going to see as many WR's open down field in Chicago as he did in Denver with Marshall and Royal.

I am guessing that Turner will not be afraid to throw a screen like Shanny was.

I don't expect Cutler to lead the league in any catagory but I don't see why they cannot win their division. Plus he doesn't have to play Rivers twice this year.

he does have to play aaron rodgers, who is very good in his own right....

broncosteven
07-14-2009, 06:46 PM
he does have to play aaron rodgers, who is very good in his own right....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aaron Rodgers!

OMG

4 years in the league and he has a 6-10 record to show for it.

The dude is another version of Lossman.

tsiguy96
07-14-2009, 06:49 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aaron Rodgers!

OMG

so did you actually watch him play? or just basing this off of nothing?

aaron rodgers definitely was not hte problem with GB last year. he was handcuffed to the bench by perennial crybaby brett favre until last year. try getting informed before saying stupid ****.

JCMElway
07-14-2009, 07:08 PM
The thing that gets me is that Cutler made all of those mistake with a very good o-line in front of him. It's not like he was getting a ton of pressure and running for his life.

TonyR
07-14-2009, 07:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aaron Rodgers!

OMG

6th rated QB in the league last year. Pretty good for a guy who was under immense pressure to perform after the Favre fiasco. Didn't play much his first 3 years because he was stuck behind the aforementioned Favre.

That said, I agree with your previous post. Cutler will be fine in Chi and they have a good shot at the division.

SoCalBronco
07-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Actually, Khan's least favorite play last year was Aaron Francisco giving up the winning TD in the Super Bowl. :)

Don't worry Khan, it was clearly fixed by the league...we know its not physically possible for Aaron Francisco to give up a TD.

Br0nc0Buster
07-14-2009, 08:10 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Aaron Rodgers!

OMG

You didnt watch Green Bay last year did you?

Kaylore
07-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Actually, Khan's least favorite play last year was Aaron Francisco giving up the winning TD in the Super Bowl. :)

Don't worry Khan, it was clearly fixed by the league...we know its not physically possible for Aaron Francisco to give up a TD.

That was Aaron Francisco's evil twin, the bastard.

ColoradoDarin
07-14-2009, 09:06 PM

That was NAILS.

That was such an awesome game to watch. My favorite play was Eddie Royal's 93 yard TD that got us going in the 4th quarter.

montrose
07-14-2009, 09:55 PM
The thing that gets me is that Cutler made all of those mistake with a very good o-line in front of him. It's not like he was getting a ton of pressure and running for his life.

Kahn and I spoke about this all the time. My Steelers friends claimed that the Broncos would be undefeated with Roethlisberger because with that kind of time he'd be unbelievable. It is quite amazing that a guy with arguable the league's best pass blocking OL threw nearly 20 picks.

Inkana7
07-14-2009, 10:44 PM
Aaron Fransisco is a bastard.

TonyR
07-15-2009, 06:50 AM
It is quite amazing that a guy with arguable the league's best pass blocking OL threw nearly 20 picks.

And this is exactly what K.C. Joyner is pointing out. He makes far too many mistakes. It's going to be interesting to see how it works out in Chi with better defense on the one hand, but lesser protection and WR's on the other.

Rock Chalk
07-15-2009, 04:21 PM
No doubt Jay missed some throws in that game, so of course, we lost.

Jay cost us that game period.

ALmost 400 yards and 1 red zone interception. 0 TDs and the biggest boneheaded play of his career that, which is typical of Jay Cutler, happened when the game was on the line.

See Vanderbilt vs Florida. Same ****ing thing.

Jay Cutler is a big game choker. Always has been, always will be.

TheReverend
07-15-2009, 04:28 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w182/wak34/whatwhat.gif

orange crusher
07-15-2009, 05:21 PM
Kahn and I spoke about this all the time. My Steelers friends claimed that the Broncos would be undefeated with Roethlisberger because with that kind of time he'd be unbelievable.

Maybe if he brought his defense with him.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Aaron Fransisco is a bastard.

a RAT bastard

BroncoBuff
07-15-2009, 07:00 PM
stupid-ass Jamie Winborn grabbing Cassel's facemask on third and long with the Pat's backed up to preserve a drive that resulted in a TD.
Man, I couldda gone the rest of my life without being reminded of that stupid play :(

That one and the bogus PI call against B-March on the long TD vs. Jax.

Dedhed
07-15-2009, 07:53 PM
Mine was every time Winborn danced around after a tackle 30 yards down the field.

fixed that one for you.

Kaylore
07-15-2009, 09:08 PM
That one and the bogus PI call against B-March on the long TD vs. Jax.
There was one in the Jags game? I remember the Miami one, but not the Jags one.

Los Broncos
07-15-2009, 09:11 PM
fixed that one for you.

Heh, I knew it was missing something just couldn't work it in there.

BroncoBuff
07-15-2009, 10:21 PM
There was one in the Jags game? I remember the Miami one, but not the Jags one.
I dunno, maybe ... it was at Invesco, and he caught it on the far sidelines running right to left TV-wise. He ran all the way for the TD before it was called back.

It was a bogus little nothing contact ... that wiped out a touchdown ... lost a game ... cost us the division ... got a coach fired ... lost a quarterback ... and ended alotta beautiful relationships around here. It's the circle of life, Simba :(

BigPlayShay
07-15-2009, 10:53 PM
I dunno, maybe ... it was at Invesco, and he caught it on the far sidelines running right to left TV-wise. He ran all the way for the TD before it was called back.

It was a bogus little nothing contact ... that wiped out a touchdown ... lost a game ... cost us the division ... got a coach fired ... lost a quarterback ... and ended alotta beautiful relationships around here. It's the circle of life, Simba :(

You are talking about the Miami game:

2-16-DEN 23 (:21) 6-J.Cutler pass deep right to 15-B.Marshall for 77 yards, TOUCHDOWN NULLIFIED by Penalty. PENALTY on DEN-15-B.Marshall, Offensive Pass Interference, 10 yards, enforced at DEN 23 - No Play.

2-26-DEN 13 (:14) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler scrambles up the middle to DEN 15 for 2 yards (91-V.Holliday).

END QUARTER 3

And how did Cutler respond to the adversity?

4th Quarter
Denver Broncos continues ...
3-24-DEN 15 (15:00) (Shotgun) 6-J.Cutler pass deep left intended for 14-B.Stokley INTERCEPTED by 29-T.Culver at DEN 44. 29-T.Culver pushed ob at DEN 43 for 1 yard.

wolf754life
07-15-2009, 11:43 PM
shanahan put trash out at the end.........

half his players didn't like him....

he is gone, one step back to eventually take three forward...