PDA

View Full Version : fire jamie dukes

tsiguy96
07-13-2009, 07:27 PM
what a f-ing moron. how did he get a job? was he ever a starter in the NFL? hes kinda clueless about everything, and never takes **** beyond surface level just says super blanket statements that mean approximately nothing.

bronco_boi_5280
07-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Totally agree!

Wait, who is Jamie Dukes?

tsiguy96
07-13-2009, 07:28 PM
im not referring exactly to this situation, but it just proves the point even more:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d81147803/Broncos-2009-outlook

two things:
1. rod smith is the ultimate bronco, super badass and my favorite NFL player ever
2. jamie dukes is retarded.

edit: best line of the whole thing:
"im gonna put my dukes up for the broncos. ill hit ya with these rings! (sb rings)"

awesomeness.

Malcontent
07-13-2009, 07:29 PM
He has a huge ego for someone that.. well.... just shouldn't. Thumbs down.

BMarsh615
07-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Jamie Dukes ALWAYS gives praise to Ryan Clady and Eddie Royal. He just doesn't buy into the McDaniels kool-aid.

Rod Smith was cracking me up though. He is a diehard Bronco fan now that he is retired.^5

tsiguy96
07-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Jamie Dukes ALWAYS gives praise to Ryan Clady and Eddie Royal. He just doesn't buy into the McDaniels kool-aid.

Rod Smith was cracking me up though. He is a diehard Bronco fan now that he is retired.^5

funny how most of the players and many of the reporters in recent days do, you know, people actually associated with the team. right now its popular to not like the broncos so thats what hes doing.

tsiguy96
07-13-2009, 08:29 PM
another thing, rod smith was saying the same thing that many people on this board are sying to the negative nancys: stop crying about how bad they will be before you even see them on the field.

worm
07-13-2009, 08:58 PM
another thing, rod smith was saying the same thing that many people on this board are sying to the negative nancys: stop crying about how bad they will be before you even see them on the field.

Up on your soapbox again TSI? Preach that gospel!!!

http://uppitynegronetwork.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/soapbox.jpg

An internet message board is soooo full of awesome for people like you.

DHallblows
07-13-2009, 09:10 PM
Yes Rod is amazing. Yes Jamie Dukes has no room to talk.
But you just hate Jamie because he's saying what some on the board feel (which you disagree with) and love what Rod's saying because you feel the same way. So yes: FIRE ANYONE ON TV THAT HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME!!!

tsiguy96
07-13-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes Rod is amazing. Yes Jamie Dukes has no room to talk.
But you just hate Jamie because he's saying what some on the board feel (which you disagree with) and love what Rod's saying because you feel the same way. So yes: FIRE ANYONE ON TV THAT HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME!!!

no, jamie dukes in general is just wrong about everything. not just broncos, pretty much everything.

Popps
07-13-2009, 09:24 PM
Up on your soapbox again TSI? Preach that gospel!!!

http://uppitynegronetwork.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/soapbox.jpg

An internet message board is soooo full of awesome for people like you.

Wait, so... you're not here?

Which is it?

Just so we know.

Mr. Elway
07-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Regardless of which side you are on, Rod's point is valid - how the team plays will determine how the players (and everyone else) judge McDaniels in the end.

It was awesome to see Rod giving Dukes the evil eye for daring to even think anything bad about the Broncos. I wouldn't want to be on the business end of that look :notworthy

worm
07-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Wait, so... you're not here?

Which is it?

Just so we know.

I am a ray of light in a cold, dark, repetitive world. :)

However, at least your repetitiveness is not as boring as your lackey here.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-13-2009, 09:44 PM
whatever

yerner
07-13-2009, 10:03 PM
I thought it they were entertaining and pretty much gave to viewpoints on how this season can go. Good post, although I think Dukes gives truthful opinions that are not always the norm. I've seen him be both right and wrong.

JJJ
07-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Dukes is not entertaining or insightful and his in your face style is fingernails on chalkboard-like. Seems they can and should do much better.

I actually enjoy Sapp. Seems to really have some fun.

tsiguy96
07-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Dukes is not entertaining or insightful and his in your face style is fingernails on chalkboard-like. Seems they can and should do much better.

exactly. sapp seems like hes kinda out of it, but he isnt afraid to say what others are.

TheReverend
07-13-2009, 10:18 PM

I adore Warren Sapp. I loved his play (even in Silver and Black), I love his attitude and honesty (especially when it comes to punking Keyshawn), and I mildly enjoy his humor.

Cmac821
07-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah Internet fight!

footstepsfrom#27
07-13-2009, 10:47 PM
...hes kinda clueless about everything, and never takes **** beyond surface level just says super blanket statements that mean approximately nothing.
Uhh

tsiguy96
07-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Uhh

youre right, im the one saying: since jay cutler was traded, this team will fail.

or is that you? hmm...

USMCBladerunner
07-14-2009, 09:40 AM
no, jamie dukes in general is just wrong about everything. not just broncos, pretty much everything.

Actually Jamie Dukes isn't generally wrong about everything. What he is is the ultimate player apologist. So, when the topic is about something in which the player(s) is in the wrong, then Jamie Dukes will be wrong by sticking up for him. Conversely, if a player is in the right, Dukes will be as well, because Jamie Dukes is the greatest player apologist stuge ever to walk the earth.

I used to think it was Dieon, but Dukes has him whooped by a mile.

Gcver2ver3
07-14-2009, 09:43 AM
i want Jamie Dukes to stay and be on TV all season long...

so i can hear him tell the world how wrong he was about McD & Orton...

tsiguy96
07-14-2009, 09:45 AM
i want Jamie Dukes to stay and be on TV all season long...

so i can hear him tell the world how wrong he was about McD & Orton...

he wont. he will be like the guys on sirius radio who are wrong about way more **** than they are ever right about. they will just "accept" they are wrong and talk about the new reality of the team without ever mentioning that they were wrong or fessing up that they are full of ****.

Gcver2ver3
07-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Actually Jamie Dukes isn't generally wrong about everything. What he is is the ultimate player apologist. So, when the topic is about something in which the player(s) is in the wrong, then Jamie Dukes will be wrong by sticking up for him. Conversely, if a player is in the right, Dukes will be as well, because Jamie Dukes is the greatest player apologist stuge ever to walk the earth.

I used to think it was Dieon, but Dukes has him whooped by a mile.

no doubt...

watching Dukes blindly defend Cutler is just a sickening display...

Gcver2ver3
07-14-2009, 09:49 AM
he wont. he will be like the guys on sirius radio who are wrong about way more **** than they are ever right about. they will just "accept" they are wrong and talk about the new reality of the team without ever mentioning that they were wrong or fessing up that they are full of ****.

good point...

does he have a chat room or something?...

is there somewhere i can email him or something later in the season?...i will personally look to get him to eat crow if possible...

the line i never have forgotten is when i was watching Access and someone brought up the Broncos opportunities this year and he replied with, "they don't have a quarterback"...as if Orton doesn't even register as a NFL level player...

gets my goose just thinking about it...

boltaneer
07-14-2009, 10:26 AM
Wow. IMO Warren Sapp is a horrible analyst/TV personality. He might be mildly entertaining because of the crazy faces he can make but it seems like his last few years in Oakland completely warped his football knowledge.

He makes Jamie Dukes look like a genius and I'm not a fan of Dukes at all.

cousinal11
07-14-2009, 10:54 AM
Man, I love some Rod Smith. Dukes is okay. Overall, I think the NFLN crew is so much better than the ESPN crew, with the exception of TJ, of course.

Kaylore
07-14-2009, 11:09 AM

I agree with this post.

People that are willing to take a step back from hating or loving an analyst based on whether or not he agrees with you will see that Jamie Dukes is loud, abrasive and has a bad habit of cutting people off and taking people who disagree with him personally.

Honestly he's like a more hot-headed version of Sandy Clough.

rastaman
07-14-2009, 03:37 PM

You need to stop behaving overly optimistic first of all. Just b/c you have chosen to take on a College Fan attitude toward the entire situation doesn't mean the entire Bronco fan base will take on a "Monolithic" attitude on whether the season will go as you envision; all in the name of "Fan" gullibility.

Rod Smith also, said that winning cures everything! Point is McDisaster must prove he can win! Then the players will really get on board. The season doesn't start until September.....so the players are coyly buying into the system and schemes. Negative Nancy is only peculating below the surface as far as the players are concerned.

Lastly, lay off "Put-Up-Your Dukes"....Jamie Dukes! At least he played the game of football at the highest level. Dukes knows more about the locker room, game day, pre-season, and training camp environment more than YOU will ever hope to know.....don't be a HATER out jealousy this type of behavior only shortens your life span in the end.

meangene
07-14-2009, 07:05 PM
Jamie Douche is an uninformed moron who thinks you win arguments by talking over everybody else and being the loudest. The perfect example of how sometimes a little knowledge is worse than none at all. He is nothing but loud. And I have been saying this ever since NFL Network brought him on board so it has nothing to do with his opinions on McDaniels or Orton or Cutler.

tsiguy96
07-14-2009, 07:57 PM
You need to stop behaving overly optimistic first of all. Just b/c you have chosen to take on a College Fan attitude toward the entire situation doesn't mean the entire Bronco fan base will take on a "Monolithic" attitude on whether the season will go as you envision; all in the name of "Fan" gullibility.

Rod Smith also, said that winning cures everything! Point is McDisaster must prove he can win! Then the players will really get on board. The season doesn't start until September.....so the players are coyly buying into the system and schemes. Negative Nancy is only peculating below the surface as far as the players are concerned.

Lastly, lay off "Put-Up-Your Dukes"....Jamie Dukes! At least he played the game of football at the highest level. Dukes knows more about the locker room, game day, pre-season, and training camp environment more than YOU will ever hope to know.....don't be a HATER out jealousy this type of behavior only shortens your life span in the end.

wait, did you just honestly say stop being optimistic? wow.

you are really reaching now, telling people to not be optimistic about the season. what if some of us enjoy being optimistic, looking forward to good things from the team? is that bad? i guess you think so.

jamie dukes says some of the most outlandish ridiculous **** of any TV host, you dont have to be in the NFL to know what hes saying is dumb. even the charger fans (and everyone in this thread except you) agree. you just disagree because its the opposite of what i said and you think it makes you sound cool.

anyways, lets turn this around. atleast josh mcdaniels has coaching experience, he has coached the greatest offense in nfl history and turned a 7 year bench player into a 11 win QB. dont be a hater just because hes an NFL coach and youre not. he knows more about the NFL, coaching teams and leading offenses then you can ever imagine, you have no room to question him from your couch on sundays.

going back to being optimistic go broncos :thanku:

Dexter
07-14-2009, 08:42 PM
I agree with this post.

People that are willing to take a step back from hating or loving an analyst based on whether or not he agrees with you will see that Jamie Dukes is loud, abrasive and has a bad habit of cutting people off and taking people who disagree with him personally.

Honestly he's like a more hot-headed version of Sandy Clough.

That's my main issue with him. Even if he has a good point to make he's too loud and it always feels like he's screaming at whoever he's talking to. Everytime he's on TV I have to turn down the volume or change the channel.