PDA

View Full Version : Raiduhs cut draft pick

broncos-rock
07-13-2009, 04:12 PM
This is fricking funny!!

Raiders waive sixth-round pick
Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2009 4:53 PM
The Oakland Raiders have found a new way to avoid holdouts by rookie draft picks.

The solution? Cut them.

A league source tells us that the Raiders have waived defensive end Stryker Sulak, a sixth-round pick in the 2009 draft.

The formal designation was "waived/unsigned."

So, basically, the Raiders have cut Sulak before his rookie training camp. Said the source, "I've never seen that happen before."

But the tactic is permitted. Teams are required only to tender one-year contracts for the rookie minimum to their draft picks. Even if the draft pick were to sign the one-year tender, the team would still have the ability to terminate the non-guaranteed deal.

Sulak was the 26th player picked in round six, and the 199th overall in the draft. The Raiders selected Sulak with a draft pick obtained from the Patriots.

The reason for the Raiders' decision to cut Sulak isn't known. Yet.

bpc
07-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Seriously though, can we really laugh at anybody yet? Our offseason has been something that will go down in the annals of NFL history as one of the worst ever depending on how things go on the field. I hope that isn't the case because we, the fan, will suffer the most from it.

Atlas
07-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Sign him now!!

jebures
07-13-2009, 04:34 PM
This happens to me when I draft a kicker in the 6th round on madden :D

This is fricking funny!!

Raiders waive sixth-round pick
Posted by Mike Florio on July 13, 2009 4:53 PM
The Oakland Raiders have found a new way to avoid holdouts by rookie draft picks.

The solution? Cut them.

A league source tells us that the Raiders have waived defensive end Stryker Sulak, a sixth-round pick in the 2009 draft.

The formal designation was "waived/unsigned."

So, basically, the Raiders have cut Sulak before his rookie training camp. Said the source, "I've never seen that happen before."

But the tactic is permitted. Teams are required only to tender one-year contracts for the rookie minimum to their draft picks. Even if the draft pick were to sign the one-year tender, the team would still have the ability to terminate the non-guaranteed deal.

Sulak was the 26th player picked in round six, and the 199th overall in the draft. The Raiders selected Sulak with a draft pick obtained from the Patriots.

The reason for the Raiders' decision to cut Sulak isn't known. Yet.

Taco John
07-13-2009, 04:35 PM
It would be awesome to sign this guy, and then watch history turn him into an All Pro who has his biggest games against the Raiders. I'd tattoo his face on my chest if that happened.

MagicHef
07-13-2009, 04:41 PM
It would be awesome to sign this guy, and then watch history turn him into an All Pro who has his biggest games against the Raiders. I'd tattoo his face on my chest if that happened.

How about tattooing his chest on your face?

Florida_Bronco
07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
Seriously though, can we really laugh at anybody yet? Our offseason has been something that will go down in the annals of NFL history as one of the worst ever depending on how things go on the field. I hope that isn't the case because we, the fan, will suffer the most from it.

Oh give me a break. We fired a coach that had lost his touch and gained too much power while trading a QB who didn't want to play for us. That isn't even in the same universe as the crap that the Raiders have pulled over the last few years.

Northman
07-13-2009, 04:42 PM
We need this guy.

http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/games/mk3/stryker/bio.gif

Popps
07-13-2009, 04:44 PM

Good god, dude.... you need to take a break. Honestly.

Popps
07-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Hell, he's a Tiger. Sign him!

Los Broncos
07-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Hard to talk smack about another team when we have our own problems.

BroncoBuff
07-13-2009, 04:49 PM

Yeah, especially on D-line, no laughing matter. It says he was a 3-time All Big XII (which was one more than Tom Crowder :~ohyah!:)

At 4.77 he had the 6th fastest 40 of all D-linemen at the combine, and he benched 255 22 times, on the lower end of the spectrum there .... at 251 pounds, he's a 3-4 OLB, nothing more ......

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/845/87256812.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/stryker-sulak?id=71477

Popps
07-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Overview
A three-time All-Big 12 honoree, Sulak has the production and burst upfield to generate interest from every NFL team. He shared freshman of the year honors with tight end Chase Coffman of the Tigers, starting the final seven games of that season for Missouri and finishing with 38 tackles, 6.5 tackles for loss and four sacks. Sulak's production increased as he gained experience, topping out with eye-popping numbers as a senior -- 55 tackles, 15.5 tackles for loss, 10.5 sacks and an NCAA-leading six forced fumbles. With opposing offenses focusing much of their attention upon Missouri's other defenders, Sulak's production was inflated. Without the bulk to remain at defensive end full time in the NFL, he'll have to show he has the athleticism to make the transition to linebacker to avoid the "tweener" label.

Popps
07-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Hard to talk smack about another team when we have our own problems.

I find it quite easy... and enjoyable.

:thumbsup:

Northman
07-13-2009, 04:53 PM
I find it quite easy... and enjoyable.

:thumbsup:

Yea, i dont understand his comment either. So far we havent seen how this team will perform as they havent even taken the field so as far as im concerned we are still better than the Chiefs and Raiders. I just wish the emo kids would jump ship already. Their whining is just getting flat out annoying at this point.

TheReverend
07-13-2009, 04:58 PM
Yea, i dont understand his comment either. So far we havent seen how this team will perform as they havent even taken the field so as far as im concerned we are still better than the Chiefs and Raiders. I just wish the emo kids would jump ship already. Their whining is just getting flat out annoying at this point.

http://www.btinternetrangers.co.uk/YouaretheTeacher/WhoMe1.jpg

Northman
07-13-2009, 05:00 PM
http://www.btinternetrangers.co.uk/YouaretheTeacher/WhoMe1.jpg

LOL

No, you can stay. Just need to put your snake on a leash. Ha!

DomCasual
07-13-2009, 05:00 PM

Heh heh - heh heh - heh! Did he just say anals?

http://www.geocities.com/stimpysvideotrading/bandb.jpg

BroncoDoug
07-13-2009, 05:23 PM
Didn't they cut their 4th rounder a couple of years ago? I thought I read somewhere that a team cut its 4th round pick before training camp, could of sworn it was the Raiders.

Kaylore
07-13-2009, 05:30 PM
This isn't terribly uncommon especially for a sixth or seventh round pick. I know one or two years ago the Patriots drafted that dancing punter (Dragovich or something) in the seventh round and then cut him before camp without a contract.

worm
07-13-2009, 06:00 PM
The name Ted Gregory still puts me in convulsions.

You would like to see your picks not only make it to TC but through TC.

Ted was even worse than this dude because he was a #1.

Los Broncos
07-13-2009, 06:05 PM

You don't hear me whining, just saying with what has gone on, just waiting to see the product on the field.

BroncoMan4ever
07-13-2009, 06:28 PM
bring him in. i would love to see this guy turn into an all pro with a personal grudge against Oakland.

DenverBrit
07-13-2009, 06:38 PM

Florida_Bronco
07-13-2009, 06:41 PM
This isn't terribly uncommon especially for a sixth or seventh round pick. I know one or two years ago the Patriots drafted that dancing punter (Dragovich or something) in the seventh round and then cut him before camp without a contract.

While that's true, the Patriots have been extremely successful this decade while the Raiders have pretty much been bottom dwellers making horrible personnel moves.

Patriots get the benefit of the doubt. The Raiders do not.

BroncoBuff
07-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Bring him in ... easy call.

Bob's your Information Minister
07-13-2009, 11:39 PM
This guy went to Mizzou. The Chiefs will have the best shot at signing him.

SoCalBronco
07-13-2009, 11:43 PM
Eh this happens from time to time. A few years back, the Broncos cut Ben Claxton before camp started.

BroncoBuff
07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
This guy went to Mizzou. The Chiefs will have the best shot at signing him.

Only you could turn this tiny story into a twisted feud :~ohyah!:

Pick Six
07-13-2009, 11:47 PM
It's simple Al Davis logic. He thinks he already has enough players to roll over everybody next year on their way to the Super Bowl...

...and then he woke up...:spit: