PDA

View Full Version : interesting convo on sirius radio

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 09:00 PM
this one guy (total anti jay cutlers attitude, like me) called up and said maybe bronco fans are looking forward to a QB who is a game manager, not someone who feels they have to make the play and cause wild excitement, but often times wild disappointment. i was thinking about that...i kinda agree

go broncos

SouthStndJunkie
07-12-2009, 09:03 PM
Another thread on this crap....this one about a simple conversation on the radio?

Could you not cover this in an existing thread?

PaintballCLE
07-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Another thread on this crap....this one about a simple conversation on the radio?

Could you not cover this in an existing thread?

apparently you disagree.... ROFL!

Popps
07-12-2009, 09:09 PM
I look forward to us not having to ASK our QB to dig us out of ****-holes every weekend. I look forward to watching our team be able to get an opposing team off the field on 3rd down from time to time.

Dudeskey
07-12-2009, 09:12 PM
I look forward to us not having to ASK our QB to dig us out of ****-holes every weekend. I look forward to watching our team be able to get an opposing team off the field on 3rd down from time to time.

Amen, brother...™

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 09:13 PM

i think thats kinda what the guy was getting at.

and no, didnt feel like posting this in another thread as its kinda different. this talks about the role of the QB instead of just pure talent. kinda nice to have a QB that doesnt need to WIN games, but needs to contribute to the whole team winning. more level, consistent football, not wild inconsistency like last year.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 09:19 PM
**** for a second there I wasn't sure if you would make your quota of threads hating Cutler but lucking for us someone called in sirius radio and shared a equal hatred of Cutler. Between twiter, then rest of the internet sites, TV and now radio I think you have done enough digging through every mass media outlet to dig up something negative to post about Jay Cutler that would rival the CIA's search for terrorists.

TheReverend
07-12-2009, 09:20 PM

That's great and so do I.

However, in the play-offs against sterner competition, you need a quarterback who will be able to make big plays. Ours is now in Chicago LOL

At least I can laugh about it now :)

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 09:33 PM
**** for a second there I wasn't sure if you would make your quota of threads hating Cutler but lucking for us someone called in sirius radio and shared a equal hatred of Cutler. Between twiter, then rest of the internet sites, TV and now radio I think you have done enough digging through every mass media outlet to dig up something negative to post about Jay Cutler that would rival the CIA's search for terrorists.

wait, me saying that fitz said he knows brandon marshall summer plans are a negative thing about jay cutler? how is this post anti-cutler when it talks about how having a different qb will change the role of our QB, prolly for the better? when do i ever talk about TV? keep making **** up loser.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 09:37 PM
this one guy (total anti jay cutlers attitude, like me) called up and said maybe bronco fans are looking forward to a QB who is a game manager, not someone who feels they have to make the play and cause wild excitement, but often times wild disappointment. i was thinking about that...i kinda agree

go broncos

wait, me saying that fitz said he knows brandon marshall summer plans are a negative thing about jay cutler? how is this post anti-cutler when it talks about how having a different qb will change the role of our QB, prolly for the better? when do i ever talk about TV? keep making **** up loser.
I'm not sure let me get back to you on that

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm not sure let me get back to you on that

i ****ing hate jay cutlers attitude, many people here do and even did when he was our qb. hes whiny and immature and thats why hes not our QB anymore, as sad as that is.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 09:48 PM
i ****ing hate jay cutlers attitude, many people here do and even did when he was our qb. hes whiny and immature and thats why hes not our QB anymore, as sad as that is.

Like I said think god someone bitched about it on sirius radio giving you the idea to start yet another ****ing thread to beat into the ground that you infact don't like Jay Cutler nor his attitude while he was a QB for Denver. Do you think by chance this little factoid hasn't become clear to the 30,000 something posters that come here from day to day?

For the love of god man people like him and people hate him. You act like this is going to change EVER. It won't change now from someones opinion on sirius and it won't change if you over hear a dude taking a **** in the bathroom bitching about him and you happen to share his views.

Blueflame
07-12-2009, 09:49 PM

Surely you're joking. I never would have guessed it.... I mean you've completely managed to keep your distaste for his attitude such a secret and all...

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Surely you're joking. I never would have guessed it.... I mean you've completely managed to keep your distaste for his attitude such a secret and all...

which is why im talking about how having a system and a QB that may not rely on a single player to win games is kinda nice. im not talking about just jay cutler and surely not his attitude at all, the guy on the radio was bitching (and subsequently the guys on the show just started saying cutler is better than orton blah blah, sirius is almost as bad as nfln)

back to the topic, should be interesting to see if orton has to take off alot like he had to last year to make a play with our oline...even though the oline stats are inflated a bit because of cutlers scrambling ability, having someone more like brady/manning, using intelligence to beat the defense instead of athleticism would be cool. how was jake plummer at reading defenses? i was a casual bronco fan then for some reason until about 06.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:01 PM

What got me hooked on this place was all the good offseason info people would dig up so I wouldn't have to tied in with Kaylore's, Socal's and the rest of the crews training camp reports. Now its just a never ending daily report about this guy and him not liking Cutler.

KillerBronco#76
07-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Cutler was my favorite player on the team but we traded him so im over it... damn good player gonna make chicago alot better. but orton isn't bad doesn't have good accuracy on the deep ball and doesn't have good touch on short passes but he has a pretty good arm then again he has had terrible offensive lines if he has time to set he may be able to make better throws. We got Orton and Ayers from the trade so far we'll have to wait till next year to actually see who all we go for cutler though since we still have the bears pick. If Ayers becomes a pro bowler the argument may become void...

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:05 PM
which is why im talking about how having a system and a QB that may not rely on a single player to win games is kinda nice. im not talking about just jay cutler and surely not his attitude at all, the guy on the radio was b****ing (and subsequently the guys on the show just started saying cutler is better than orton blah blah, sirius is almost as bad as nfln)

back to the topic, should be interesting to see if orton has to take off alot like he had to last year to make a play with our oline...even though the oline stats are inflated a bit because of cutlers scrambling ability, having someone more like brady/manning, using intelligence to beat the defense instead of athleticism would be cool. how was jake plummer at reading defenses? i was a casual bronco fan then for some reason until about 06.

That makes me feel so much better knowing that I've been called out by you for being a true fan when I had to deal with being beat up (maybe not beat up but hit and verbally abused) in grade school for being a Elway fan.

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 10:05 PM
What got me hooked on this place was all the good offseason info people would dig up so I wouldn't have to tied in with Kaylore's, Socal's and the rest of the crews training camp reports. Now its just a never ending daily report about this guy and him not liking Cutler.

are you ****ing kidding me? try reading the whole ****ing post you god damn whiner.

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 10:07 PM
That makes me feel so much better knowing that I've been called out by you for being a true fan when I had to deal with being beat up (maybe not beat up but hit and verbally abused) in grade school for being a Elway fan.

thats wonderful, so the fact taht i casually followed football (always rooted for the broncos and no one else) until just a few years ago means you are a better fan then me. got it. now go cheer for jay cutler some more.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:08 PM
are you ****ing kidding me? try reading the whole ****ing post you god damn whiner.

A game manager is just what this D needs, not someone that could win a game if by some chance the other team happens to put together a drive that results in points against us.

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 10:09 PM
A game manager is just what this D needs, not someone that could win a game if by some chance the other team happens to put together a drive that results in points against us.

you are ****ing hopeless. you may as well jsut come back after the season, you know, because we are only gonna win 1 or 2 games the entire year. may cutler will come back for you.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
thats wonderful, so the fact taht i casually followed football (always rooted for the broncos and no one else) until just a few years ago means you are a better fan then me. got it. now go cheer for jay cutler some more.

You are some kind of awesome. Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:12 PM
you are ****ing hopeless. you may as well jsut come back after the season, you know, because we are only gonna win 1 or 2 games the entire year. may cutler will come back for you.

No man I'm not a causal kind of fan. For as long as I have remembered Denver losing has ****ed up my week. So I will be here everday pretty much like I have been since I joined the site to check up on your thoughts about Jay Cutler.

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 10:15 PM
No man I'm not a causal kind of fan. For as long as I have remembered Denver losing has ****ed up my week. So I will be here everday pretty much like I have been since I joined the site to check up on your thoughts about Jay Cutler.

because this entire thread was about jay cutler. oh wait, it wasnt until you started ****ing crying about it. this thread WAS about the type of QB that plummer and cutler were compared to having someone(and a system) who doesnt have the pressure of having to win the game on his back. but no, youre dumbass ruined that. now continue crying about how bad this team will be, im sure that makes youre offseason fun too, seeing constant pessimism about ****ing everything taht has ever been done with this team. you sound like mock.

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 10:19 PM
Like I said think god someone b****ed about it on sirius radio giving you the idea to start yet another ****ing thread to beat into the ground that you infact don't like Jay Cutler nor his attitude while he was a QB for Denver. Do you think by chance this little factoid hasn't become clear to the 30,000 something posters that come here from day to day?

For the love of god man people like him and people hate him. You act like this is going to change EVER. It won't change now from someones opinion on sirius and it won't change if you over hear a dude taking a **** in the bathroom b****ing about him and you happen to share his views.
Hilarious! I never thought I'd long to talk about Jake the Fake Plummer again but I surely do.

Blueflame
07-12-2009, 10:19 PM
which is why im talking about how having a system and a QB that may not rely on a single player to win games is kinda nice. im not talking about just jay cutler and surely not his attitude at all, the guy on the radio was b****ing (and subsequently the guys on the show just started saying cutler is better than orton blah blah, sirius is almost as bad as nfln)

A (currently still unproven) new system and a (less-physically-gifted) QB won't win a single additional game if the defense is still as soft as melted butter. Which it very well could be. The defense was the problem; hence what we needed to fix. Dammit.

SoCalBronco
07-12-2009, 10:21 PM
thats wonderful, so the fact taht i casually followed football (always rooted for the broncos and no one else) until just a few years ago .

It doesn't surprise me in the least that you were just a casual fan of football until recently.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:27 PM
because this entire thread was about jay cutler. oh wait, it wasnt until you started ****ing crying about it. this thread WAS about the type of QB that plummer and cutler were compared to having someone(and a system) who doesnt have the pressure of having to win the game on his back. but no, youre dumbass ruined that. now continue crying about how bad this team will be, im sure that makes youre offseason fun too, seeing constant pessimism about ****ing everything taht has ever been done with this team. you sound like mock.

I didn't pick up Plummers name till post 14. Most of the time the first post in the thread is about the topic, not the 14th but I will keep that in mind when you post a thread again about something.

The thing about QB's like Plummer they are effective when the D is good. That is why Shanny had to put a leash on him and cut the playbook in half. We as of now do not have a D to just simply hope that the QB doesn't turn the ball over because they are good enough to stop them. Maybe soon but right now there will be pressure for our QB to have to score a lot. I doubt they will have to score 30 plus points a game to win but I'm willing to bet its enough.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
It doesn't surprise me in the least that you were just a casual fan of football until recently.

lol :thumbs:

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 10:29 PM

yes because im so different then everyone else here. you know, starting to seriously follow football in your late teens is a CRIME, i forgot. i guess ill just come back in 10 years when we can be up to b****y whiny socal status. sounds good. seasons over! shouldshut down the mane until next draft, since theres no pointing in even having this year.

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 10:32 PM
I like Jay Cutler.

Discuss...

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:33 PM
I like Jay Cutler.

Discuss...

closet Bears fan.

TDmvp
07-12-2009, 10:41 PM
This thread is so special it needed a couple of new ones ...

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/6186/nottagain.jpg

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9703/post311056786062.jpg

:strong:

kamakazi_kal
07-12-2009, 10:44 PM

go broncos

I'm not sure but every now and then I think you post something to rouse the pro-cutler\the FO is insane\trade the team-a-way\dont trade marshall \WTF did you trade our 1st for a 2nd mcd ...... people into a argument.

kamakazi_kal
07-12-2009, 10:46 PM
yes because im so different then everyone else here. you know, starting to seriously follow football in your late teens is a CRIME, i forgot. i guess ill just come back in 10 years when we can be up to b****y whiny socal status. sounds good. seasons over! shouldshut down the mane until next draft, since theres no pointing in even having this year.

your a brown-noser at work arent you? .....

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 10:49 PM
your a brown-noser at work arent you? .....

nope, just not a whiny p***Y that thinks everything is gonna go wrong and theres no chance for success either. forgot though, optimism is a bad thing when it comes to football. im sure all the players on the team only expect 3 wins as well.

and no, i dont post **** to rouse them up, most of them are so ****ing out of whack and ridiculous its impossible to even discuss stuff with them.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:54 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMEJ70LlAZk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMEJ70LlAZk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TDmvp
07-12-2009, 10:55 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMEJ70LlAZk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMEJ70LlAZk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQiSgWGAc24&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EQiSgWGAc24&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

touché

Popps
07-12-2009, 10:57 PM
b****y whiny socal status. .

We're not all pussies down here.

GO BRONCOS, 2009.

:thumbsup:

kamakazi_kal
07-12-2009, 10:57 PM
nope, just not a whiny p***Y that thinks everything is gonna go wrong and theres no chance for success either. forgot though, optimism is a bad thing when it comes to football. im sure all the players on the team only expect 3 wins as well.

and no, i dont post **** to rouse them up, most of them are so ****ing out of whack and ridiculous its impossible to even discuss stuff with them.

an e-thug .... ha ha ha..... nice.

Just so you know .... i'm all in with the broncos every single year. Just like the government i'm free to question the moves that are made with the denver FO.

Guess im a whiny pussy ..... but, i'm not a blind follower whiny pussy.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 10:58 PM
For all the good things you can find on youtube, there is a million crappy things with the same name. Like this.....

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-mWqr8pb2MY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-mWqr8pb2MY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I mean 3oh!3 should be pissed.

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 11:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pYigW_dlvVM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pYigW_dlvVM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 11:04 PM
I want my last 3:10 minutes of my life back footsteps.

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 11:07 PM
I want my last 3:10 minutes of my life back footsteps.
LMAO :wave:

Popps
07-12-2009, 11:34 PM
That's great and so do I.

However, in the play-offs against sterner competition, you need a quarterback who will be able to make big plays. Ours is now in Chicago LOL

At least I can laugh about it now :)

We'll see. Cutler didn't make all of the big plays when he needed to, either. Yes, I'd rather have his arm... but I'm still looking at this entire off-season as a total philosophy shift.

We're absolutely revamping both sides of the ball and attempting to make major upgrades at places like STs, which we've ignored in the past.

Orton might fizzle out, but he might surprise you, man. He fought hard for his wins in Chicago in less than stellar circumstances. This really is a perfect situation for a quarterback to come into. Great line, great weapons, great RBs and a hands-on coach who is detail-oriented and experienced at helping QBs excel.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 11:42 PM
2006 tsiguy becomes a full time Broncos fan. Guess who Denver drafted in 2006 in the first round :thumbsup:

TheReverend
07-12-2009, 11:47 PM
We'll see. Cutler didn't make all of the big plays when he needed to, either. Yes, I'd rather have his arm... but I'm still looking at this entire off-season as a total philosophy shift.

No one does, Popps. NO ONE.

We're absolutely revamping both sides of the ball and attempting to make major upgrades at places like STs, which we've ignored in the past.

We've revamped defense and special teams annually for about 5 years. We even hired one of the premier ST coaches in the league (O'Brien) and ST specific signings like Smith, Keith Burns again and draft picks (D Will and Royal). On defense we hired a guy who literally invented one of the most popular forms of the 4-3 defense to this day in Jim Bates.

You say we've "revamped" the defensive line... as we've done every season.

04: Pryce, Pope, Fatafehi, Hayward
05: Pryce, Warren, Myers, Brown
06: Ekuban, Warren, Myers, Lang
07: Elvis, Adams, Gordon, Engleberger
08: Elvis, Thomas, Robertson, Engleberger

Orton might fizzle out, but he might surprise you, man. He fought hard for his wins in Chicago in less than stellar circumstances. This really is a perfect situation for a quarterback to come into. Great line, great weapons, great RBs and a hands-on coach who is detail-oriented and experienced at helping QBs excel.

I have no doubt he'll surprise me. But I doubt it will be in a positive way. I'm just hoping Knowshon and Hillis can do what it takes and stay healthy.

Orton fought hard for his wins? I'd say the defense and ST did a lot more of that fighting...

24champ
07-12-2009, 11:48 PM

I have a question. When did you turn into a nutbar?

kamakazi_kal
07-12-2009, 11:56 PM
No one does, Popps. NO ONE.

We've revamped defense and special teams annually for about 5 years. We even hired one of the premier ST coaches in the league (O'Brien) and ST specific signings like Smith, Keith Burns again and draft picks (D Will and Royal). On defense we hired a guy who literally invented one of the most popular forms of the 4-3 defense to this day in Jim Bates.

You say we've "revamped" the defensive line... as we've done every season.

04: Pryce, Pope, Fatafehi, Hayward
05: Pryce, Warren, Myers, Brown
06: Ekuban, Warren, Myers, Lang
07: Elvis, Adams, Gordon, Engleberger
08: Elvis, Thomas, Robertson, Engleberger

I have no doubt he'll surprise me. But I doubt it will be in a positive way. I'm just hoping Knowshon and Hillis can do what it takes and stay healthy.

Orton fought hard for his wins? I'd say the defense and ST did a lot more of that fighting...

own it...... very nice. I've been sayin the same thing for quite some time ... I think people tend to forget how a QB like cutler can change a game.

Orton won't carry this team ..... he wasn't brought here to do it...... he's a manager and if this "revamped" D wont hold, were f'd. He won't win games for us by himself and that's something cutler brought and you can't deny that.

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 11:56 PM
I have a question. When did you turn into a nutbar?

April 3, 2009

OrangeRising
07-13-2009, 12:15 AM

Now see? There's a man with conviction. Take both sides. You can't possibly lose.

Both feet planted firmly in the air. lol

lander
07-13-2009, 12:15 AM
Cutler was a very good player who is probably going to get even better. I don't like his attitude either, and I'm certainly not sorry to see him go.

Popps
07-13-2009, 12:26 AM
Now see? There's a man with conviction. Take both sides. You can't possibly lose.

Both feet planted firmly in the air. lol

Look, dude... I can't guarantee you anything with Orton.

Can you?

Convictions are the result of opinions driven by evidence. We haven't seen Orton take a snap. How do I know if he'll be our next great QB? He's had spotty NFL experience, some good... some not so good.

I think he comes into a great situation, but I wouldn't make any guarantees on his success. There's not a deep enough pool of evidence to draw from, despite what the resident "experts" on this board might think.

I believe in the direction of this franchise. That's a conviction. I believe we'll be a better team in a couple of years than we are now, and I believe our defense will improve IMMEDIATELY.

But, Kyle Orton? Who knows. I can only be a fan and root for the best. (Some of us fans still do that.)

OrangeRising
07-13-2009, 12:57 AM
Look, dude... I can't guarantee you anything with Orton.

Can you?

Convictions are the result of opinions driven by evidence. We haven't seen Orton take a snap. How do I know if he'll be our next great QB? He's had spotty NFL experience, some good... some not so good.

I think he comes into a great situation, but I wouldn't make any guarantees on his success. There's not a deep enough pool of evidence to draw from, despite what the resident "experts" on this board might think.

I believe in the direction of this franchise. That's a conviction. I believe we'll be a better team in a couple of years than we are now, and I believe our defense will improve IMMEDIATELY.

But, Kyle Orton? Who knows. I can only be a fan and root for the best. (Some of us fans still do that.)

You honestly believe Orton is in a 'great' situation? Really? A first year coach, a team in transition on both sides of the ball. A schedule from hell?

I would imagine you will say he has many more tools to work with on ofense, but I can't imagine a worse situation for guy just trying to make a living.

He comes in as a replacement for replace Jay Cutler. Like it or not, fair or not, comparisons between himself and what Cutler 'might have done' will be going on all season long, if not the entire time he is here in Denver.

There's absolutely no guarantee McDaniels 'system' will fit him or his abilities. Unlike your optimism, I get the sense players will have to fit McDaniels scheme, or else.

I know, I know, McDaniels has said he will work within the abilities of the players he has, but judging by the interviews I've read (primarily here, but on NFL.com and ESPN as well), both Orton and Simms have implied that McDaniels has a plan, and they either work within it, or, well, I don't don't what.

Honestly, how can the defense NOT improve given their nearly last place finish in '08 AND Mike Nolan replacing Bob Slowik?

We'll be a better team in a couple of years you say? So I guess 2009 is just a learning experience. You know, get those ol' feet firmly planted and take in the view? With the moves this man has made, he had better put up some pretty impressive W-L numbers or, well, I just don't know what, short of a very public fan mutiny.

I hope you're right, I do, but I don't think so.

TonyR
07-13-2009, 05:52 AM
...he had better put up some pretty impressive W-L numbers or, well, I just don't know what, short of a very public fan mutiny.

You mean like the Shanny and Jay show did over the last 3 years? And you were all ready to sign up for another? How do you think the fans would have responded to the 6-10 the Shanny and Jay show would have put up this coming season?

Atwater His Ass
07-13-2009, 05:55 AM
You mean like the Shanny and Jay show did over the last 3 years? And you were all ready to sign up for another? How do you think the fans would have responded to the 6-10 the Shanny and Jay show would have put up this coming season?

Yeah, because we're looking sooooooooo much better coming into this season. Hilarious!

TonyR
07-13-2009, 06:00 AM
Yeah, because we're looking sooooooooo much better coming into this season. Hilarious!

The defense will be marginally better.
The special teams will be better.
The offense will be similar (downgrade from Cutler to Orton but upgrades with Moreno and a better system).

You'd prefer Bob Slowik and more of the same to building something new and better? Or at least trying?

Cito Pelon
07-13-2009, 07:35 AM
own it...... very nice. I've been sayin the same thing for quite some time ... I think people tend to forget how a QB like cutler can change a game.

Orton won't carry this team ..... he wasn't brought here to do it...... he's a manager and if this "revamped" D wont hold, were f'd. He won't win games for us by himself and that's something cutler brought and you can't deny that.

No, Cutler really didn't bring that.

tsiguy96
07-13-2009, 08:21 AM
You honestly believe Orton is in a 'great' situation? Really? A first year coach, a team in transition on both sides of the ball. A schedule from hell?

I would imagine you will say he has many more tools to work with on ofense, but I can't imagine a worse situation for guy just trying to make a living.

He comes in as a replacement for replace Jay Cutler. Like it or not, fair or not, comparisons between himself and what Cutler 'might have done' will be going on all season long, if not the entire time he is here in Denver.

There's absolutely no guarantee McDaniels 'system' will fit him or his abilities. Unlike your optimism, I get the sense players will have to fit McDaniels scheme, or else.

I know, I know, McDaniels has said he will work within the abilities of the players he has, but judging by the interviews I've read (primarily here, but on NFL.com and ESPN as well), both Orton and Simms have implied that McDaniels has a plan, and they either work within it, or, well, I don't don't what.

Honestly, how can the defense NOT improve given their nearly last place finish in '08 AND Mike Nolan replacing Bob Slowik?

We'll be a better team in a couple of years you say? So I guess 2009 is just a learning experience. You know, get those ol' feet firmly planted and take in the view? With the moves this man has made, he had better put up some pretty impressive W-L numbers or, well, I just don't know what, short of a very public fan mutiny.

I hope you're right, I do, but I don't think so.

this is one of the worst, most inaccurate one sided views ive read all year.

Irish Stout
07-13-2009, 10:03 AM
this is one of the worst, most inaccurate one sided views ive read all year.

You obviously don't read your own posts.

I would like my medal for biggest idiot on the Omane for opening a tsiguy thread. Was it just morbid curiosity or am I really so stupid that I open this bs not knowing what to expect?

F'me in the goat arse.