PDA

View Full Version : Raider RB Darren McFadden to pay $8000 in child support ( a month )

Bronx33
07-11-2009, 02:11 PM
Let get back to makin fun of stuff we love to make fun of.

http://www.raidersgab.com/2009/07/11/rb-mcfadden-resolves-child-support-case/

The child’s mother, Kerri Lynette Williams, will also receive a $10,000 lump-sum payment as compensation for McFadden’s signing bonus he received from the Raiders last year.

On July 1, the parties reached an out-of-court agreement which also speculates that DMac will establish a $50,000 formal education fund for the child, whose name is Diesel Graylon McFadden.

DMac, who lives in Little Rock during the off-season will get standard visitation rights, and both parties agreed to allow more time for McFadden to spend with the child when he is not with the team, said McFadden’s attorney, Frank Shaw. William’s attorney, Kevin Hickey said that the deal is fair to both sides and is also good for the child.

DMac has never denied that the child was his, and has been voluntarily paying Williams support since the child’s birth. He has also supplied Williams with a vehicle and has been seeing the child regularly, said Shaw.

He went on to say that “This is a nice lady, and they have a beautiful child together that they both love and care for.” Out of respect for the mother, McFadden ignored legal advice and did not seek a paternity test because he knew that the child was his, Shaw went on to explain.

DMac did face another paternity suit last year, but two paternity test proved that he was not the father in that case. McFadden insisted on the tests because he knew that he was not the father of that child.

McFadden is coming off his rookie season with the Raiders in which he rushed for 499 yards on 113 attempts and scored 4 touchdowns. He also caught 29 passes for 285 yards.

During his time as a Razorback for Arkansas, McFadden rushed for 4,590 yards on 785 attempts and scored 44 touchdowns, and caught 46 passes for 365 yards and 2 touchdowns. He also threw for 7 touchdowns and returned a kick-off for a score during his career at Arkansas. He was also a two-time Heisman Trophy runner-up and two time winner of the Doak Walker Award, which recognizes the nations premier college running back.

Doggcow
07-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Thats nothing to him tho

Doggcow
07-11-2009, 02:18 PM
On another note, who the **** names their kid diesel?

Popps
07-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Good deal. 8K a month is a lot, but doesn't make up for not having a dad.

God forbid any of these animals would think before sticking it in anything that moves.

Hopefully the mom isn't equally as stupid, and she uses the $ to properly care for the child.

SoCalBronco
07-11-2009, 02:44 PM

God forbid any of these animals would think before sticking it in anything that moves.

Hopefully the mom isn't equally as stupid, and she uses the $ to properly care for the child.

:thumbsup:

atomicbloke
07-11-2009, 02:51 PM
He must have been hanging around with Travis Henry.

Atlas
07-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Wow, these girls that go andget pregnant by an athlete... hell, that's like winning the lottery.

azbroncfan
07-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Expensive baby's momma. I wonder how many babies momma's he can assemble before he learns spreading the seed is expensive when your a rich uneducated athlete.

DBroncos4life
07-11-2009, 03:29 PM
**** I wish I could get knocked up by a NFL player. 96,000 dollars a year to provide for a child huh? She better not piss it all away on making herself look better.

PRBronco
07-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Extra money as "compensation" for his signing bonus? Christ on a bicycle.

Hogan11
07-11-2009, 03:59 PM
Wow, these girls that go andget pregnant by an athlete... hell, that's like winning the lottery.

They know every court in the land will grant them the top dollar amount....to squeeze one out for 96 Grand a year? (for 18 to 21 years, depending upon the state) Not many of those vampires are gonna turn that ticket to easy street down.

BABronco
07-11-2009, 04:00 PM
DMac has never denied that the child was his, and has been voluntarily paying Williams support since the child’s birth. He has also supplied Williams with a vehicle and has been seeing the child regularly, said Shaw.

He went on to say that “This is a nice lady, and they have a beautiful child together that they both love and care for.” Out of respect for the mother, McFadden ignored legal advice and did not seek a paternity test because he knew that the child was his, Shaw went on to explain.

DMac did face another paternity suit last year, but two paternity test proved that he was not the father in that case. McFadden insisted on the tests because he knew that he was not the father of that child.

Honestly doesn't sound like that bad of a guy.

BABronco
07-11-2009, 04:04 PM

BS! Your making millions a year and your a freaking star. Vag is falling from the sky for these guys. And you know if you were in their situation you would be nailing it all if you weren't married.

DBroncos4life
07-11-2009, 04:16 PM
BS! Your making millions a year and your a freaking star. Vag is falling from the sky for these guys. And you know if you were in their situation you would be nailing it all if you weren't married.

If I knew it was going to cost me just under 2 million dollars over a 18 year span I might think about spending a couple bucks on a package of condoms.

DarkHorse30
07-11-2009, 05:09 PM
On another note, who the **** names their kid diesel?

Bingo....Propane or NOS would be the preferred gas/kid names

tsiguy96
07-11-2009, 05:14 PM
i agree mcfadden is stepping up and sounds like a good guy. he needs to get a paternity test though.

BABronco
07-11-2009, 05:20 PM
If I knew it was going to cost me just under 2 million dollars over a 18 year span I might think about spending a couple bucks on a package of condoms.

Agreed!

gunns
07-11-2009, 05:29 PM
**** I wish I could get knocked up by a NFL player. 96,000 dollars a year to provide for a child huh? She better not piss it all away on making herself look better.

She better stick some away each month because he isn't going to be a football player forever.

Bronx33
07-11-2009, 05:40 PM

Hell ya! butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt ttttttttttttttttttttttttt with protection. ( it's fairly simple) now it costs him 100k a year now you do the math.

Broncos dude
07-11-2009, 07:00 PM
D-mac is nothing , but a you not what. And Im from Arkansas and watched him play a lot. There is a bunch of white people in the same class. Trying to be nice here.

Dukes
07-11-2009, 07:12 PM
Sounds like he's doing the right thing and actually wants to be apart of the child's life. Props to him.

footstepsfrom#27
07-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Read much? Sounds like he DOES have a dad:
DMac, who lives in Little Rock during the off-season will get standard visitation rights, and both parties agreed to allow more time for McFadden to spend with the child when he is not with the team, said McFadden’s attorney, Frank Shaw. William’s attorney, Kevin Hickey said that the deal is fair to both sides and is also good for the child.

What makes him an "animal"...the fact that he had a child out of wedlock? The fack that he's an athlete? The fact that he's a black athlete?

Curious here Popps...here's a guy who is 1) voluntarily paying child support since his child's birth; 2) has been seeing his child reguarly; 3) is working in concert with the mother to make sure they do things in the best interest of the child.

So how exactly is he an animal again? It doesn't sound like the woman was "anything that moves" either. Sounds like they get along and respect each other.

You're an asswipe.

BABronco
07-12-2009, 01:28 AM
You're an asswipe.
^5

bronco_boi_5280
07-12-2009, 11:52 AM

What makes him an "animal"...the fact that he had a child out of wedlock? The fack that he's an athlete? The fact that he's a black athlete?

Curious here Popps...here's a guy who is 1) voluntarily paying child support since his child's birth; 2) has been seeing his child reguarly; 3) is working in concert with the mother to make sure they do things in the best interest of the child.

So how exactly is he an animal again? It doesn't sound like the woman was "anything that moves" either. Sounds like they get along and respect each other.

You're an asswipe.

It's just the typical "holier than thou" attitude that is always prevalent around here, and in this case is coupled with the subtle racism that also is pretty much par for the course around here.

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 12:04 PM
It's just the typical "holier than thou" attitude that is always prevalent around here, and in this case is coupled with the subtle racism that also is pretty much par for the course around here.
QFT

strafen
07-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Wow, these girls that go andget pregnant by an athlete... hell, that's like winning the lottery.Exactly. $8k a month is a lot of dough for anybody. The kid may at the most get 10% of that a month for himself and care. The rest is for momma to have a new lifestyle

Listen, I love kids, and I'm all for responsibility, and McFadden seems to be doing the right thing, but come on, $8k a month?

DBroncos4life
07-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Exactly. $8k a month is a lot of dough for anybody. The kid may at the most get 10% of that a month for himself and care. The rest is for momma to have a new lifestyle

Listen, I love kids, and I'm all for responsibility, and McFadden seems to be doing the right thing, but come on, $8k a month?

Yep kids right out of collage have a hard time finding jobs right now and if they do they aren't landing 90K plus a year jobs.

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Exactly. $8k a month is a lot of dough for anybody. The kid may at the most get 10% of that a month for himself and care. The rest is for momma to have a new lifestyle

8K a month is nothing for a guy making that money. It' FAR below the normal 20% expected for one child. Also...assume he plays ten years instead of the customary four. 8K a month is $96K a year x 10 years...round it off at $1 million. That's a pittance compared to what he'll make in the NFL. If he did nothing but draw interest on a moderate 5% return on the probably $100 million he'll pull in his career he'd exceed that by five times over.

And unless you know the mother personally...you have no idea what she'll spend on her child...nor does it matter. He's obligated like all other parents to provide for his kids...and it sounds like he's not only doing so but he's happy to do it. Good for him...but let's not make him either a hero or an "animal" for doing what he ought to do.

mizzoutigers
07-12-2009, 12:43 PM
i'm sure he'll do nothing but draw interest, sounds nice for people with half a brain like you and me, but he'll have all that money blown by the time retirement comes around.

mizzoutigers
07-12-2009, 12:43 PM
and i agree with your post

Atlas
07-12-2009, 12:46 PM
8K a month is nothing for a guy making that money. It' FAR below the normal 20% expected for one child. Also...assume he plays ten years instead of the customary four. 8K a month is $96K a year x 10 years...round it off at $1 million. That's a pittance compared to what he'll make in the NFL. If he did nothing but draw interest on a moderate 5% return on the probably $100 million he'll pull in his career he'd exceed that by five times over.

And unless you know the mother personally...you have no idea what she'll spend on her child...nor does it matter. He's obligated like all other parents to provide for his kids...and it sounds like he's not only doing so but he's happy to do it. Good for him...but let's not make him either a hero or an "animal" for doing what he ought to do.

I'm not saying McFadden shouldn't pay it all I'm saying is that Lady is getting $100,000 a year for getting knocked up. Not bad work if you can find it.

mr007
07-12-2009, 01:03 PM

Man, I wish I could triple rep between you and Footsteps.

mr007
07-12-2009, 01:05 PM

You're an asswipe.

Damn.:notworthy

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I'm not saying McFadden shouldn't pay it all I'm saying is that Lady is getting $100,000 a year for getting knocked up. Not bad work if you can find it.
Good for her. She can stay home and spend time being a good parent instead of having to work while her child goes to daycare. I can't think of any better use for his money than ensuring his kid is taken care of.

azbroncfan
07-12-2009, 02:20 PM

We will see since the odds are pretty good that he will be broke within a few years of being out of the league.

bronco_boi_5280
07-12-2009, 02:35 PM
We will see since the odds are pretty good that he will be broke within a few years of being out of the league.

Yep, you know those black athletes, spend all their money on rims and fried chicken!

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 03:04 PM
You base this on...what?

azbroncfan
07-12-2009, 05:00 PM
You base this on...what?

Google it. I don't remember the exact numbers but there was an outside the lines or some show like that. The stats show 60 percent of NBA players go broke within 5 years and NFL was closer to 80 percent.

worm
07-12-2009, 05:16 PM
Google it. I don't remember the exact numbers but there was an outside the lines or some show like that. The stats show 60 percent of NBA players go broke within 5 years and NFL was closer to 80 percent.

For rank and file NFL players I could see that. However, I would imagine the stats tell a different story for high #1 picks like McFadden.

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 05:55 PM
For rank and file NFL players I could see that. However, I would imagine the stats tell a different story for high #1 picks like McFadden.
Bingo. There's a huge disparity between guys signing multimillion dollar contracts and the overall group of NFL players where the average career is four years (brought down considerably by all the one year and out guys) and what your garden variety 6th round pick makes. In any case...the stats on how your average NFL player spends money have nothing to do with whether these guys should pay hefty child support or not. In this case...the guy's actually taking the initiative and doing the right thing.

azbroncfan
07-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Bingo. There's a huge disparity between guys signing multimillion dollar contracts and the overall group of NFL players where the average career is four years (brought down considerably by all the one year and out guys) and what your garden variety 6th round pick makes. In any case...the stats on how your average NFL player spends money have nothing to do with whether these guys should pay hefty child support or not. In this case...the guy's actually taking the initiative and doing the right thing.

You can deflect and say whatever you want but there are plenty of high picks that are broke when you take 80 percent. There are plenty of Leaf's, Phillips, Smith's etc. Bottomline when you give uneducated people a bunch of money and they hire a bunch of unnecessary advisors they will end up broke. Not to mention they live like they will make that amount of money for the rest of their life. Happens to a lot of people outside of football too but the non guaranteed contracts and short career lead to football having a high number of broke ass athletes with no education.

Hogan11
07-12-2009, 09:32 PM
He has to shell that out for 18 to 21 years, depending upon the state. So he better have a nice long , injury free career because courts rarely grant reductions if the guy gets into financial trouble. Or, to put it plainly, if that support amount doesn't break him now, it surely will later when he's out of football and trying to make it on a NFL pension.

Good luck Dad, you're gonna need it. Having a kid now in the situation you're in is the equivelent of fumbling on the goaline.

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 09:39 PM
You can deflect and say whatever you want but there are plenty of high picks that are broke when you take 80 percent. There are plenty of Leaf's, Phillips, Smith's etc. Bottomline when you give uneducated people a bunch of money and they hire a bunch of unnecessary advisors they will end up broke. Not to mention they live like they will make that amount of money for the rest of their life. Happens to a lot of people outside of football too but the non guaranteed contracts and short career lead to football having a high number of broke ass athletes with no education.
If by "deflect" you mean pointing out that it's tougher to go through $80 million than $500,000...fine I'm deflecting. At the end of the day...who cares? Joe the Plumber and Fred the insurance guy have to cough up their 20%...or whatever depending on the number of kids...what's your point again?

And why exactly...do you care?

footstepsfrom#27
07-12-2009, 09:43 PM
He has to shell that out for 18 to 21 years, depending upon the state. So he better have a nice long , injury free career because courts rarely grant reductions if the guy gets into financial trouble. Or, to put it plainly, if that support amount doesn't break him now, it surely will later when he's out of football and trying to make it on a NFL pension.

Good luck Dad, you're gonna need it. Having a kid now in the situation you're in is the equivelent of fumbling on the goaline.
Courts routinely grant reductions in child support based on what the payor is making...certainly it's unlikely a guy getting cut 5 years down the road and making $40K a year will have to pay $100 grand...come on now...seriously. In point of fact...he could take out an annuity and pay her out of that if he wanted to.

Hogan11
07-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Courts routinely grant reductions in child support based on what the payor is making...certainly it's unlikely a guy getting cut 5 years down the road and making $40K a year will have to pay $100 grand...come on now...seriously. In point of fact...he could take out an annuity and pay her out of that if he wanted to.

They do? Must be a state thing then because that's just not so in NY, where I know a couple of guys in serious trouble since being laid off...They looked for a reduction to a minimum due to being out of work and the courts were unsympathetic to say the least.

Atwater His Ass
07-13-2009, 06:50 AM

You're an asswipe.

This just needs to be quoted again for how 100% spot on it is and how little miss popps is just running away from it like a little bitch.