:bs:
1. Brett Freaking Favre

No Elway in the top ten gunslingers? Am i the only one who finds this odd? Not even in the honorable mention!

Popps
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Hilarious!

Punisher
07-10-2009, 06:05 PM
6. Jim Kelly

LOL and they don't have EL WAY

Los Broncos
07-10-2009, 06:09 PM
What? no Jay Cutler? I thought his arm was stronger than Elway?

And no Jeff George, man come on.

BABronco
07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
What? no Jay Cutler? I thought his arm was stronger than Elway?

Man hasn't even finished his career yet... give him a decade lol

eddie mac
07-10-2009, 06:12 PM
NFL Dickwork at it's best.

Los Broncos
07-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Man hasn't even finished his career yet... give him a decade lol

*Sarcasm*

Jesterhole
07-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Wow, leaving off Elway is just sad...

Jim Kelly?

Atlas
07-10-2009, 06:24 PM
I dropped the NFL package and the NFL network when Shanny was fired. I don't miss that bunch one bit.

BroncoDoug
07-10-2009, 06:34 PM
10. Joe Namath
9. Kurt Warner
8. Warren Moon
7. Daryle Lamonica
6. Jim Kelly
5. Sammy Baugh
4. Dan Fouts
3. Sonny Jergensen
2. Dan Marino
1. Brett Freaking Favre

No Elway in the top ten gunslingers? Am i the only one who finds this odd? Not even in the honorable mention!

Elway got an honorable mention. They said he was great, but not in the gunslinger category.

Atlas
07-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Farve better be thanking his lucky stars that Denver lost to Jacksonville in '96 because if they hadn't Farve would look like all those other aging washed up QBs clining on as long as they can trying to get that SB ring.

watermock
07-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Sonny Jergensen had a slightly better arm than Joe Kapp.

BABronco
07-10-2009, 06:58 PM
*Sarcasm*

trying to convey sarcasm over the internet is hard. I understood yours... you didnt understand mine it seems.

BABronco
07-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Elway got an honorable mention. They said he was great, but not in the gunslinger category.

Really? I noticed Young and a few others... but i dont recall elway.

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 07:05 PM

You're joking of course, but that twisted bastard had one astonishingly powerful gun hanging on that shoulder.

In my view, only Randall Cunningham (and maybe now Jamarcus Russell) have ever had such amazingly strong arms.

strafen
07-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Jeff George should've been there
As for Elway, naah, he's in a class of his own! 8')

BroncoDoug
07-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Really? I noticed Young and a few others... but i dont recall elway.

Yeah, it was right after the first commercial break...

maher_tyler
07-10-2009, 07:26 PM
Its one guys opinion...who gives a rats ass. We all know Elway is #1 and thats all that matters!!

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Guy must have some personal dislike for John ... after all, "gunslinger" might be the best single word to describe him.

Either "gunslinger" or "winner."

Atlas
07-10-2009, 07:41 PM
You're joking of course, but that twisted bastard had one astonishingly powerful gun hanging on that shoulder.

In my view, only Randall Cunningham (and maybe now Jamarcus Russell) have ever had such amazingly strong arms.

Jay Schraeder had a very strong arm, stronger than Elway.

Atlas
07-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Guy must have some personal dislike for John ... after all, "gunslinger" might be the best single word to describe him.

Either "gunslinger" or "winner."

Of course you are right. I mean they nicknamed him "The Duke" after John Wayne. Christ you don't get any more gunslinger than that.

Northman
07-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I can understand their reasoning. John was held back many a year under Reeves.

tsiguy96
07-10-2009, 08:13 PM
well, i dont think gunslinger is necessarily a good thing. john was more of a playmaker, he didnt always wildly throw into coverage like some of those guys...

Hogan11
07-10-2009, 08:14 PM
NFL Dickwork at it's best.

You know, sometimes I'm not sorry I don't get the channel through Time Warner...this is one of those times

Malcontent
07-10-2009, 08:46 PM
Gunslinger = Poor all around QB that can't carry a team on his shoulders. This is why John was left off the list I suppose.

Natedog24
07-10-2009, 08:51 PM
WTF?

I mean isn't Elway pretty much the prototypical gunslinger QB as defined by pretty much every football "expert" I have seen, except for this NFL network guy. I'm not even mad or anything, just confused...

Cmac821
07-10-2009, 08:55 PM
That is surprising

oubronco
07-10-2009, 09:28 PM
No Elway I say "fuuuuuck em"

DBroncos4life
07-10-2009, 10:44 PM
There isn't a QB in the NFL with the game on the line that would just throw up the ball into 4 defenders quite like Brett Frave. I'd rather punt the ball and take a chance the other teams QB fumbling a snap trying to kneel down to end the game then give Brett Frave the ball on the last drive of a must win game.

Los Broncos
07-11-2009, 12:22 AM
trying to convey sarcasm over the internet is hard. I understood yours... you didnt understand mine it seems.

I got yours, its all good.

Killericon
07-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Jesus.

JJJ
07-11-2009, 12:42 AM
10. Joe Namath
9. Kurt Warner
8. Warren Moon
7. Daryle Lamonica
6. Jim Kelly
5. Sammy Baugh
4. Dan Fouts
3. Sonny Jergensen
2. Dan Marino
1. Brett Freaking Favre

Love my old school Redskins up there on this list. Props to my man Sonny who didn't throw one spiral his entire career.

Lamonica on the list shows some respect also.

But slinging Sammy has to be number one. He invented the slinging concept and homage must be due.

Even though I am not a Bronco fan hard to see how Elway can left off the list.

TDmvp
07-11-2009, 02:46 AM
Gunslinger = code for Half ass Qb with a big arm ... Aka Jeff George and Brett Farve ... {waits for Popps to say Cutler}

And yea I miss spelled his Fing name . It's not my fault his family either don't know how to spell , or pronounce their own name.
So till his dumb ass either respells it , or pounces it right I'm spelling it how it sounds ... F him ...

But yea that list blew and I think they are defining gunslinger as risky qbs who threw alot of bad passes into triple coverage , some that happened to be caught ... Glad John wasn't on it ... I'll take first on the Goat List any day ...

And just to reiterate ... Brett Farve can suck a bag of D@cks ... :cuss: 4321~

Spider
07-11-2009, 07:28 AM
I am no fan of the NFL network , But some here are confusing what a gun slinger is ........ Kelly Had his moments

Spider
07-11-2009, 07:30 AM
Gunslinger = code for Half ass Qb with a big arm ... Aka Jeff George and Brett Farve ... {waits for Popps to say Cutler}

And yea I miss spelled his Fing name . It's not my fault his family either don't know how to spell , or pronounce their own name.
So till his dumb ass either respells it , or pounces it right I'm spelling it how it sounds ... F him ...

But yea that list blew and I think they are defining gunslinger as risky qbs who threw alot of bad passes into triple coverage , some that happened to be caught ... Glad John wasn't on it ... I'll take first on the Goat List any day ...

And just to reiterate ... Brett Farve can suck a bag of D@cks ... :cuss: 4321~

pretty much .........

Spider
07-11-2009, 07:33 AM
i think of someone came out with a 10 ten list of NFL QB's who jerked off before a game , people here would be pissed if Elway wasnt on that list or had Honorable mention .......

Miss I.
07-11-2009, 07:49 AM
I am no fan of the NFL network , But some here are confusing what a gun slinger is ........ Kelly Had his momentsn
What is a gunslinger? I mean Urban dictionary has some interesting ones, these two are my favorites:

1. http://gunslinger.urbanup.com/464570
2.http://gunslinger.urbanup.com/2671994

Looking at the Wikpedia write up, this strikes me as funny when corrected for football , "Most Quarterbacks who were labeled as being "gunslingers" did not win nearly as many games in a career as they were given credit for, if any at all. They were often labeled as such due to one particular instance, which developed from rumours into them having been involved in many more events than they actually were. Often their reputation was as much "self-promotion" as anything else, such was the case of Brett Favre."

At any rate, it doesn't matter, I just want a QB who can help win games and not behave like a total jackass on and off the field.

B-Love
07-11-2009, 07:50 AM
When I saw the title of the show, I figured Elway would be in the top 3 as a no brainer.

Stunned. I feel like firebombing NFL Films. OK, no I don't but that is just naive. Real football naive.

chadta
07-11-2009, 07:51 AM
There isn't a QB in the NFL with the game on the line that would just throw up the ball into 4 defenders quite like Brett Frave.

you havent watched much broncos football the last few years have ya, we had a quaterback that used to do that, and it drove me nuts, what was his name again.

B-Love
07-11-2009, 08:06 AM
http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1142833/3/index.htm

Read that headline from January 1999

gunns
07-11-2009, 08:22 AM
10. Joe Namath
9. Kurt Warner
8. Warren Moon
7. Daryle Lamonica
6. Jim Kelly
5. Sammy Baugh
4. Dan Fouts
3. Sonny Jergensen
2. Dan Marino
1. Brett Freaking Favre

Odd is not the word. I was watching it also last night and they gave him an honorable mention....along with Ben Rotheliesberger. Brett Favre??? Kurt Warner???

gunns
07-11-2009, 08:24 AM
i think of someone came out with a 10 ten list of NFL QB's who jerked off before a game , people here would be pissed if Elway wasnt on that list or had Honorable mention .......

I doubt it, but I bet Brett Favre would be at the top of that list.

Broncos4tw
07-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Elway wasn't a gunslinger really. Gunslinger imo, is a QB with some skills, but some deficiencies that they make some wild plays to make up for. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Elway was just great. Don't mistake comeback ability with gunslinger. Elway had amazing all-around skills, was cool and collected, but made amazing stuff happen with his abilities. Not flinging the ball sidearm between three defenders and hoping for the best. That's why Montana isn't on there either.

gunns
07-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Elway wasn't a gunslinger really. Gunslinger imo, is a QB with some skills, but some deficiencies that they make some wild plays to make up for. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Elway was just great. Don't mistake comeback ability with gunslinger. Elway had amazing all-around skills, was cool and collected, but made amazing stuff happen with his abilities. Not flinging the ball sidearm between three defenders and hoping for the best. That's why Montana isn't on there either.

Maybe I misinterpreted gunslinger. I thought it was someone who could sling the ball downfield. There's no debating Elway's arm strength. And per your definition why wouldn't Ben Rotheliesberger be on there and why is Marino on there?

Kaylore
07-11-2009, 09:10 AM
They probably have a Dolphins fan as one of their producers. Remember this is the group that put Dan Marino, the statue, as one of the top ten best scrambling QB's and left Elway off the list completely.

tsiguy96
07-11-2009, 09:21 AM

thats how i saw it too...but NFL network prolly just decided to leave elway of fthe list.

BABronco
07-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Love my old school Redskins up there on this list. Props to my man Sonny who didn't throw one spiral his entire career.

Lamonica on the list shows some respect also.

But slinging Sammy has to be number one. He invented the slinging concept and homage must be due.

Even though I am not a Bronco fan hard to see how Elway can left off the list.

They mentioned how he had the most passing yards, the most passing tds, the most punting yards and interceptions in the same year. I just find that hard to imagine.

JJJ
07-11-2009, 11:57 AM
They mentioned how he had the most passing yards, the most passing tds, the most punting yards and interceptions in the same year. I just find that hard to imagine.

Had a 51.4 yards per punt average one year. Still the record.

Second all time to Lechler in punting yard average.

Once threw 4 TDs and picked off 4 passes in the same game.

Sammy is a God.

DomCasual
07-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Montana isn't on the list, either. Neither is Manning. I kind of think gunslinger is another term for unnecessary-risk-taker.

And I'm guessing this isn't a scientific study. But I could be wrong there.

BABronco
07-11-2009, 02:48 PM
Had a 51.4 yards per punt average one year. Still the record.

Second all time to Lechler in punting yard average.

Once threw 4 TDs and picked off 4 passes in the same game.

Sammy is a God.

8')

Northman
07-11-2009, 03:01 PM
They probably have a Dolphins fan as one of their producers. Remember this is the group that put Dan Marino, the statue, as one of the top ten best scrambling QB's and left Elway off the list completely.

I still cannot believe that. :rofl:

BABronco
07-11-2009, 03:05 PM
I still cannot believe that. :rofl:

I think I must have missed that one. Talk about epic fail.

DBroncos4life
07-11-2009, 03:22 PM

How dare you dog a man with 301 rushing attempts and 87 yards rushing. The dude was very under-rated. ;D

TexanBob
07-11-2009, 07:09 PM
David Carr had one of the hardest fastballs in NFL history. The problem was he had exactly 1.7 seconds to get rid of the ball.

barryr
07-12-2009, 01:00 PM
I'm not surprised. I used to watch NFL Network, but anymore, they have so many boobs on there who think because they were a backup OL or backup safety or whatever, they know so much about the game, but only offer the obvious. There are many people around the OM who I think know more than they do.

24champ
07-12-2009, 01:06 PM
I dropped the NFL package and the NFL network when Shanny was fired. I don't miss that bunch one bit.

Not to mention Schefter is headed to ESPN.

So NFLN is worthless in that regard.

tsiguy96
07-12-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm not surprised. I used to watch NFL Network, but anymore, they have so many boobs on there who think because they were a backup OL or backup safety or whatever, they know so much about the game, but only offer the obvious. There are many people around the OM who I think know more than they do.

sadly i agree.