PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News Training Camp Countdown

OCBronco
07-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Hadn't seen this posted yet. If there's already a thread for it, feel free to delete. Anyway, yet another training camp preview, this time from TSN.

Not much new here, although they have a somewhat rosier outlook than others...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-07-06/broncos-camp-countdown-after-tumultuous-offseason-mcdaniels-will-be-scrutiniz

Vladimir
07-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Good read

gunns
07-10-2009, 06:57 AM
"Defensively, they still have issues. I'm underwhelmed by a lot of their personnel moves on defense. I don't think they did enough to address the problems. I wonder where the pass rush will come from.

"Two pickups will help. Brian Dawkins can still play. He'll be a good presence at the back of their defense. I also like their rookie cornerback, Alphonso Smith. He was the best cover corner in the draft."

These two paragraphs say everything to me about the success or failure of the team this year. To me the first paragraph will have more of an affect on the team than the QB position. The second paragraph makes me almost giddy, I hope it's true.

Broncoman13
07-10-2009, 07:09 AM
You know, I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people. They will play harder than they have in years past. That alone will please the fans. If it were not for a brutal schedule I would be a bit more optimistic. I still think that 8-8 wins the division again this year. Not sure we're ready yet, but I think by the end of the season we will have taken a huge step forward. This team is lacking a few pieces here and there, but we're further along than most give us credit for.

theAPAOps5
07-10-2009, 07:12 AM
These two paragraphs say everything to me about the success or failure of the team this year. To me the first paragraph will have more of an affect on the team than the QB position. The second paragraph makes me almost giddy, I hope it's true.

I think Robert Ayers will be another surprise just a feeling with no inside facts.

Broncoman13
07-10-2009, 07:41 AM
I think Robert Ayers will be another surprise just a feeling with no inside facts.

Nothing but good news coming about the kid... and he was by far my least favorite pick in this draft. I thought he was a product of the hype machine (Mayock's hype machine anyway) and was scared off by somebody that only played well when it was time to get noticed for the draft. But again, only good news coming out of Dove Valley regarding Robby "put your hands in the" Ayers.

Traveler
07-10-2009, 08:16 AM
But again, only good news coming out of Dove Valley regarding Robby "put your hands in the" Ayers.

LOL

Very bad Chris Berman impersonation.

Punisher
07-10-2009, 08:23 AM
Ooooooh Makes me Wonder♪♪♪♪

kmonty
07-10-2009, 12:05 PM
You know, I think this team is going to surprise a lot of people. They will play harder than they have in years past. That alone will please the fans.

I'm not convinced that's the case. I think the offense gave us their all last year, and the defense was very vanilla, modeled after Slowik.

I think this year could be the vice-versa - more aggressive defense under Nolan, more apathy on offense. We'll see.

Pseudofool
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
A careful, measured preview. Nice to see some actual analysis than just sensationalizing the Culter ordeal and how that spells D-O-O-M for the Broncos.

Tombstone RJ
07-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Hadn't seen this posted yet. If there's already a thread for it, feel free to delete. Anyway, yet another training camp preview, this time from TSN.

Not much new here, although they have a somewhat rosier outlook than others...

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2009-07-06/broncos-camp-countdown-after-tumultuous-offseason-mcdaniels-will-be-scrutiniz

Deceptively upbeat. This is TSN right?

NYBronco
07-10-2009, 02:37 PM
LOL

Very bad Chris Berman impersonation.

How about... "Robert Ayers Jordon"?

OCBronco
07-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Deceptively upbeat. This is TSN right?

I know, right? After the brutal beatdowns on Fox and NFLN, I figured that TSN would continue the trend.

I was just shocked to see them utter the word "playoffs" in the context of describing the team's chances this season.

Los Broncos
07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Good read, I'm looking for some real improvement on defense.