PDA

View Full Version : El Nino is back!

24champ
07-09-2009, 08:26 PM
:drown: :drown: :drown: :drown:

The Pacific had been in what is called a neutral state, but forecasters at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration say the sea surface temperature climbed to 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit above normal along a narrow band in the eastern equatorial Pacific in June.
In addition, NOAA's Climate Prediction Center said temperatures in other tropical regions are also above normal, with warmer than usual readings as much as 975 feet below the ocean surface.
In general, El Nino conditions are associated with increased rainfall across the east-central and eastern Pacific and with drier than normal conditions over northern Australia, Indonesia and the Philippines.
A summer El Nino can lead to wetter than normal conditions in the intermountain regions of the United States and over central Chile. In an El Nino year there tend to be more Eastern Pacific hurricanes and fewer Atlantic hurricanes.
The forecasters said they expect this El Nino to continue strengthening over the next few months and to last through the winter of 2009-2010.

http://green.yahoo.com/news/ap/20090709/ap_on_sc/us_sci_el_nino.html

But seriously, I hope it translates to a a few snow games at Mile High Stadium this season.

http://media.nflrush.com/bz/shovel.snow.jpg

Los Broncos
07-09-2009, 08:30 PM
The last real snow game didn't go to well for us.

cutthemdown
07-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Great for fishing here in So Calif. Last El Nino my boat was working and we caught tons of fish. Dorado, Tuna, Yellowtail, even some wahoo!!!!

Of course I don't want any bad storms to hit, but the fishing will be great.

I just gotta get my starboard engine replaced, get a new swim deck, get some new electronics and get out there.

Hey its only 300 bucks a day in gas, whose chippin in!!!!!!

cutthemdown
07-09-2009, 08:47 PM

yeah, but the team also wasn't built for bad weather. Really though it doesn't seem to snow that much on Broncos games. A couple here and there but not really.

It just seems the Broncos throwing so much didn't expose teams to the altitude as much as the old broncos did. When we ran 30 times a game it seemed we really got teams gassed by end of 3rd.

I like the idea of controlling the ball more, running more, being more physical on special teams, offense, and especially defense. Maybe we can start using the home field advantage again.

cutthemdown
07-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Iron Clady I get the boat going and you are for sure invited. We will cruise out to Catalina, anchor up and catch some fish whilst we drink beers. Then we will get over to the harbor before I'm drunk and moor up the boat, go on land and party, then crash, then fish all day the next day and head home.

If you haven't hung out at Catalina fishing you are missing out.

We should chart a six pack with some other guys and go out.

worm
07-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Iron Clady I get the boat going and you are for sure invited. We will cruise out to Catalina, anchor up and catch some fish whilst we drink beers. Then we will get over to the harbor before I'm drunk and moor up the boat, go on land and party, then crash, then fish all day the next day and head home.

Descanso Beach during the afternoon....El Galleon and Luau Larrys at night. Catalina rocks in an old skool kinda way.

24champ
07-09-2009, 09:02 PM

Never been to a snow game myself (there was a couple flakes at the Seattle game where Jay Cutler had his first start...so it doesn't count).

Keep hoping it will happen one season, instead I get 38 degrees and rainy weather(Ravens MNF game) or below zero weather (Buffalo game) etc.

Los Broncos
07-09-2009, 09:05 PM

I have been fishing all over since I was kid, I would love to go man.

Let me know ahead of time, I'm game.

Los Broncos
07-09-2009, 09:06 PM
yeah, but the team also wasn't built for bad weather. Really though it doesn't seem to snow that much on Broncos games. A couple here and there but not really.

It just seems the Broncos throwing so much didn't expose teams to the altitude as much as the old broncos did. When we ran 30 times a game it seemed we really got teams gassed by end of 3rd.

I like the idea of controlling the ball more, running more, being more physical on special teams, offense, and especially defense. Maybe we can start using the home field advantage again.

Neither was Oakland built to play in the snow, we had our asses handed to us.

Meck77
07-09-2009, 09:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing in regards to fishing. Cutt I'd glady sport for some gas/brew for some Cali fishing. Are Americans still allowed to fish out there?;)

Dudeskey
07-09-2009, 09:20 PM
****, I hate hostling in the snow...™

Seamus
07-09-2009, 09:55 PM
El Nino brings us some monsoons, more water vapor to be pulled in from the gulf of California.

Should be out your way next week cutthemdown, on the beach for a week in San Diego. Drive by and egg the charger stadium on the way thru.

BroncoDoug
07-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Never been to a snow game myself (there was a couple flakes at the Seattle game where Jay Cutler had his first start...so it doesn't count).

Keep hoping it will happen one season, instead I get 38 degrees and rainy weather(Ravens MNF game) or below zero weather (Buffalo game) etc.

Oh good god don't remind me, that was the coldest I've ever been.

24champ
07-09-2009, 10:21 PM
Oh good god don't remind me, that was the coldest I've ever been.

I've never seen Hot Chocolate sell so fast in my life that night.:rofl:

cutthemdown
07-09-2009, 11:20 PM
I was thinking the same thing in regards to fishing. Cutt I'd glady sport for some gas/brew for some Cali fishing. Are Americans still allowed to fish out there?;)

Yes but you have to say your sorry to the fish before you club them. The main thing is we have a few coves closed, limits on the fish, and don't mess with any of the mammals, IR elephant seals etc etc. We have some colonies that because of the marine mammal protection act have swelled from 300 to 10 thousand. The seals will steal the fish right off your hook. We used to throw m-80 at them but now thats a felony.

You can't pump your waste anymore etc, but i agree with most all those regulations. Seriously the ocean off southern Calif once you get to Catalina teaming with life.

Since the seal population has exploded people are seeing more and more white sharks and big makos.

The Blue whales are everywhere during the migration and the Calico and White Sea Bass populations doing well because of the regulations.

Now if they keep going it will ruin it but right now its still ok for the recreational fisherman.

cutthemdown
07-09-2009, 11:21 PM

LOL if I ever get the money pit back in the water I will let you all know.

cutthemdown
07-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Neither was Oakland built to play in the snow, we had our asses handed to us.

Yeah it was humiliating.

I guess all I can say is when 2 teams, neither built for snow, anything goes. I'd like to see Broncos try to get an edge by trying to control ball again.

Make those teams with big NT have to play him tons by running it a lot and controlling the clock.

The snow stuff I think just comes down to being tough. Broncos have been soft and probably couldn't wait to get a hooker, some McDonalds and a warm fire.

TDmvp
07-09-2009, 11:25 PM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/5/e/3/5e3cade50a9d7657597460453bee2b77.jpg

Atlas
07-10-2009, 12:24 AM
Think New Orleans is getting nervous?

Borks147
07-10-2009, 05:44 AM
Think New Orleans is getting nervous?

"In an El Nino year there tend to be more Eastern Pacific hurricanes and fewer Atlantic hurricanes."

no

dsmoot
07-10-2009, 05:52 AM

My last snow game was a Monday night game vs. Joe Montana/49ers when a SNOWBALL may have interfered with Ray Wershing kicking a last second field goal to either tie or win the game. The snowballs were flying all over the stadium that game. This is before the Bronco fans got too sophisticated and quiet.

Rohirrim
07-10-2009, 05:53 AM
Yes but you have to say your sorry to the fish before you club them. The main thing is we have a few coves closed, limits on the fish, and don't mess with any of the mammals, IR elephant seals etc etc. We have some colonies that because of the marine mammal protection act have swelled from 300 to 10 thousand. The seals will steal the fish right off your hook. We used to throw m-80 at them but now thats a felony.

You can't pump your waste anymore etc, but i agree with most all those regulations. Seriously the ocean off southern Calif once you get to Catalina teaming with life.

Since the seal population has exploded people are seeing more and more white sharks and big makos.

The Blue whales are everywhere during the migration and the Calico and White Sea Bass populations doing well because of the regulations.

Now if they keep going it will ruin it but right now its still ok for the recreational fisherman.

I used to dive off Catalina all the time. Wouldn't do it now.

HILife
07-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Great for fishing here in So Calif. Last El Nino my boat was working and we caught tons of fish. Dorado, Tuna, Yellowtail, even some wahoo!!!!

Of course I don't want any bad storms to hit, but the fishing will be great.

I just gotta get my starboard engine replaced, get a new swim deck, get some new electronics and get out there.

Hey its only 300 bucks a day in gas, whose chippin in!!!!!!

Might be time to get on that hybrid.

HILife
07-10-2009, 08:33 AM
"In an El Nino year there tend to be more Eastern Pacific hurricanes and fewer Atlantic hurricanes."

no

YEA, less hurricanes!

bronco militia
07-10-2009, 08:36 AM
http://nsaney.com/pics/al_gore_excelsior.jpg

Dudeskey
07-10-2009, 08:44 AM

Been out there once, when I used to dive. A lot of damn kelp out there...

SureShot
07-10-2009, 08:55 AM
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/5/e/3/5e3cade50a9d7657597460453bee2b77.jpg

"I am El Nino. All tropical storms must bow before El Nino! Yo soy El Nino. For those of you that dont hable Espanol, El Nino is Spanish for......The Nino!"

Hogan11
07-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Less hurricanes, mild northeast winter, what's not to love?

Borks147
07-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Less hurricanes, mild northeast winter, what's not to love?

flooding in the west.

Hogan11
07-10-2009, 09:27 AM
flooding in the west.

Look on the bright side, it'll help with the drought conditions

Borks147
07-10-2009, 10:13 AM

not really, it'll just erode the top soil and then grow up the vegetation/brush in the hills so there can be a nasty fire season next year.

SureShot
07-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Love me some El Nino.

http://www.realvail.com/images/guides/2008crested_butte.jpg

kamakazi_kal
07-10-2009, 10:43 AM
sweet .... that means the surf will be pumping ...... nice.

crowebomber
07-10-2009, 10:52 AM

Sounds like you two boys will have a great time!

cutthemdown
07-10-2009, 11:23 AM
Sounds like you two boys will have a great time!

Yeah beer and fishing sure is gay. By the way where are you from anyways? I would like to avoid a place where people associate drinking beer and fishing with gay cowboys.

cutthemdown
07-10-2009, 11:24 AM

Why not? I know some people who dive all the time out there and love it.

Bronx33
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
I will bet obama will try to find a way to tax us for it ROFL!

OBF1
07-10-2009, 05:47 PM
Another Sergio garcia thread ??? Damn it

Los Broncos
07-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Why not? I know some people who dive all the time out there and love it.

You can forget about diving on the back side of the island.

There is this huge black sea bass who cruises lovers cove.

Over 300 pounds for sure not that its a real threat, but the backside is shark infested.

Archer81
07-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Well...that explains why its rained here every afternoon for the last 2 weeks. Going to be a **** winter.

:Broncos:

Rock Chalk
07-10-2009, 06:18 PM
For all the fan-love for Snow games, we ****ing suck in the snow. HIstorically we are just not very good in snow games.

broncosteven
07-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Somewhere a tear dropped from Al Gore's eye.

broncosteven
07-10-2009, 06:53 PM
For all the fan-love for Snow games, we ****ing suck in the snow. HIstorically we are just not very good in snow games.

This is true, Elway sucked in the snow.

Someone here has an Avatar of Johns worst game as a Pro (outside of his rookie year), the 1995 KFC at Denver game in Shanny's 1st year.

broncocalijohn
07-10-2009, 07:14 PM

Clady is Gilligan so I will be Thurston Howell III. I will expect beer at my beck and call.

broncocalijohn
07-10-2009, 07:17 PM

it will give us Malibu going into the ocean and more stupid morons getting caught in the flood channels. Chargers game in October is looking like a better change because once the rain season starts, it will be massive flooding.

24champ
07-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Looks like El Nino showed up tonight in Denver. Swear it was like a goddamn hurricane blowing through. My patio is a mess...screen door was on the ground, but hey my grill is in one piece...and that's what matters most.:thumbs:

CoBear23
07-11-2009, 09:13 AM
All other tropical storms must bow before EL NINO!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEoHz56jWGY