PDA

View Full Version : David Bruton - long article

BroncoBuff
07-08-2009, 09:13 PM
From Broncos.com, so I'll post the whole thing:

Smooth landing

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- David Bruton had a feeling he was destined to be a Bronco.

"I had a hunch that I'd probably go to Denver after my trip out here and the difficulties we went through just to make sure I got here," he said.

On the day of his meet-and-greet with Broncos brass this spring, Bruton left his Miamisburg, Ohio home to make the 20-minute trip to Dayton International Airport. He had no idea he'd be reprising the role of Steve Martin in Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

The former Notre Dame product missed a 6:20 a.m. flight out of the airport because of unforeseen traffic just before the break of dawn.

"I have no idea why there was traffic," Bruton said. "Maybe construction? I have never seen traffic at five o'clock in the morning."

With few flights to Denver scheduled for the rest of the day, Bruton made the 78-mile trek to Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport for a soon after departing flight. But trouble struck again.

"I missed that one, too," Bruton said.

Eventually, the safety did arrive at Dove Valley and, despite the difficulties associated with his journey to team headquarters, he apparently made a strong impression on team management.

Earlier in the spring, Bruton could tell the club had interest in his skill set. During his senior campaign with the Irish, the 6-foot-2, 219-pounder posted a team-high four interceptions and, for his efforts, was named an honorable mention All-American by The NFL Draft Report. Soon after, defensive backs coach Ed Donatell flew to South Bend, Ind. to work him out in person at Notre Dame's training facility.

Still, Bruton, like his collegiate counterparts, waited to find out his professional fate at April's NFL Draft. Surrounded by family, friends and old high school coaches at a local restaurant in Miamisburg, Bruton watched as the Broncos nabbed him in the fourth round with the 114th overall pick.

"It was just a very emotional day and a very important day," he said. "I had a lot of smiles. I was very excited."

After sharing draft day with family and friends, Bruton quickly realized he'd be sharing the field with former collegiate comrades. David Grimes, who was a co-captain with Bruton for Notre Dame last season, joined the Broncos as a college free agent on Apr. 27. Third-year pros Darius Walker and Ryan Harris, who acted as big brothers for Bruton during his underclassman years in South Bend, are also on the club's roster, and have helped ease his transition to the NFL.

"My college family is here," Bruton said. "It definitely helps (the transition) because you have people you are comfortable with, people you knew for four years -- not just people you heard of on TV. You actually knew these people; you actually went through the ringer with them."

So far, Bruton is looking to repay the Broncos for their belief in his game.

He was a mainstay at Dove Valley during minicamps and passing camps and was a fixture during voluntary workout sessions this offseason.

Bruton's showing himself to be a student of the game, too. During secondary meetings, he has been sitting next to seven-time Pro Bowler Brian Dawkins, picking the veteran's brain on how to read an offense and how to attack the quarterback.

"Less than two percent get to make it to this level and everybody has their own special talents," Bruton said. "Like they've said, they can find a different guy like you, so you've got just to keep putting in work, day in and day out."

This season, Bruton hopes to set himself apart from the pack by establishing himself as a key cog on all of the club's special teams units. With the Fighting Irish, he quickly built a reputation as one of the top special-teams gunners in the country. In total, he was a part of 596 special-teams plays during his collegiate career.

"It's something I've always taken pride in, especially early in my college career," Bruton said. "I did it in high school and have always excelled at it."

Bruton said he is willing to do anything and everything special teams coordinator Mike Priefer asks of him this season. The same goes for all of his coaches. After all, he is still looking for ways to reimburse the team for the extra frequent flyer miles he racked up on that pre-draft visit.

"Before the draft, my dad always used to joke, 'They invested a lot of money in you just trying to get you there for that one (pre-draft) day," Bruton said. "You'll probably go there. You owe them."'

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9139

TheReverend
07-08-2009, 09:45 PM
I like McBath, but I HATE this kid...

BroncoMan4ever
07-08-2009, 09:52 PM
i like this pick. seems like he could be at worst a mainstay on ST for a few years, and if he is as dedicated as this article makes him seem, he may end up being valuable on defense as well.

Ironlung
07-08-2009, 10:14 PM
He HAS to be better than those turds we tossed onto the field last season.

Hulamau
07-08-2009, 10:42 PM
He's sitting next to the right guy in DB class. And Bruton has got the size and speed, here's hoping he can become another Atwater for us while tearing it up as a gunner in the meantime.

Kaylore
07-08-2009, 11:11 PM

I have similar misgivings but probably not to your extent. Don't "hate" him but If he is a decent special teams player I'll consider it a success for what I expected. I think I'm less excited about McBath than you, though - At least in the short term.

BroncoDoug
07-08-2009, 11:26 PM
We have Darius Walker?! When did that happen

ZONA
07-09-2009, 12:19 AM
We have Darius Walker?! When did that happen

Walker was signed by the Denver Broncos on May 7, 2009

Another RB who can catch passes. Think we will run any screens this year? lol

At Notre Dame, Walker owns the school record for most receptions in a season by a running back (56 in 2006) and most career receptions by a running back (109). He ranks fourth all-time at Notre Dame in rushing yards (3,249), third in all-time carries (693) and third in average yards per game over a career (90.3). He rushed for 100 yards in a game 15 times in his career and scored 26 touchdowns 23 rushing and three receiving.

meangene
07-09-2009, 03:24 AM
I don't know much about McBath but I have watched Bruton his entire collegiate career. He is a talented kid with great measurables who is really just putting it all together. He bumped around some with different coaches at ND but his best days are ahead of him IMO. I think he will end up as a starter for us in a couple years.

chrisp
07-09-2009, 05:02 AM

Considering that he's only a 4th round draft pick, and that we've been fielding the most unutterable garbage at the safety position for the last few years, that's a pretty strong statement!

Not questioning your judgement - I know nothing about the kid - but I am curious to know what it is exactly that provokes your wrath....is it him as a player or as a person? Did he cost you money in bet or something? Spill the beans, please.....

Florida_Bronco
07-09-2009, 05:20 AM
I have similar misgivings but probably not to your extent. Don't "hate" him but If he is a decent special teams player I'll consider it a success for what I expected. I think I'm less excited about McBath than you, though - At least in the short term.

I'm actually really happy with both of them. Between them and Josh Barrett, we got a good young crop of safeties.

BroncoBuff
07-09-2009, 06:36 AM
He HAS to be better than those turds we tossed onto the field last season.
You're not kidding. I started a poll a few weeks ago, "Which was our worst safety in 2008?" and listed the choices...

People could't vote fast enough ROFL!

I think Marquand Manuel and Calvin Lowry tied, but there were plenty of votes to go around ...

BroncoBuff
07-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Our secondary is crowded ... after the starters we have:

S: David Bruton, Darcel McBath, Vernon Fox, Josh Barrett
CB: Alphonso Smith, Josh Bell, JMFW

meangene
07-09-2009, 06:44 AM
Our secondary is crowded ... after the starters we have:

S: David Bruton, Darcel McBath, Vernon Fox, Josh Barrett
CB: Alphonso Smith, Josh Bell, JMFW

I really like our secondary. Good solid veteran starters and talented young depth. The free agent acquisitions will allow the young guys time to develop and gives us the nickel and dime depth we did not have last year.

cmhargrove
07-09-2009, 07:11 AM

I can't comment on him, because I didn't watch any Irish football last year.

However, if he can become a special teams stud, I will like him right off. Setting the tone by ripping people's heads off is a good way to make an impression as a safety.

We might look pretty decent on ST with guys like Woodyard, Larsen, Bruton and Smith out there. I have kind of felt like the problems on our ST lately have been about attitude and sacrifice, more than coaching. I think we have guys that will now play with discipline - and reckless abandon.

BroncoBuff
07-09-2009, 07:26 AM

Seriously? Well, Drek made Bruton his "adopt-a-rookie" this year, his avatar picture. That's good enough for me ;D

gyldenlove
07-09-2009, 07:38 AM
Bruton reminds me too much of Josh Barrett, amazing athlete, looks like superman, but just doesn't play naturally on the field.

Smiling Assassin27
07-09-2009, 07:43 AM
Bruton was a ball hawk at ND. He had some fine hits and caused some fumbles, but his coverage skills were inconsistent while there. Still, he seems to be a pretty sure tackler and a workout warrior who is coachable. He's got a chance.

meangene
07-09-2009, 07:48 AM
Bruton reminds me too much of Josh Barrett, amazing athlete, looks like superman, but just doesn't play naturally on the field.

Early in his career, he played a little tentatively in the secondary. Their front 7 was weak and he seemed like he was thinking too much and worried about getting beat deep. As his career progressed he simply reacted and was much more aggressive. He is a sure tackler who takes great angles. He also makes a lot of plays on the ball for a big guy. That's what I mean when I say he is just coming into his own.

Rabb
07-09-2009, 09:20 AM
You never know what will happen with guys like Dawkins showing these kids the ropes.

Drek
07-09-2009, 03:55 PM

Barrett was more productive than everyone's favorite young stud collegiate safety, Taylor Mays, up until his senior year in college. He's not a look like Tarzan, plays like Jane, he just missed out on a lot of fundamentals development because he's so athletically gifted he could always get by, and his senior year was basically a throw away (when he should've been taking the next step). Guy plays with heart, but he's got a lot of schooling to go before he should see regular time on the football field.

I like Bruton, as you can see from my avatar. I know Rev hates him and says he plays with no heart, but I don't see how one of college football's most standout special teams gunners can play with no heart. That job is the definition of heart. In the defensive secondary he can play like a chicken with his head cut off at times for sure, but he's shown a knack for hanging onto the ball when it comes to him (something we haven't seen in a while from Denver safeties) and more importantly, he knows how to hit and how to work on STs.

If he's ever a regular starter for us I'll be mildly surprised. I think Barrett has the leg up on him in that regard and I think McBath was hand picked to replace Renaldo Hill as a ball hawking FS who can move down and cover a 3rd WR or receiving TE as needed (both he and Hill share some CB pedigree and similar athletic skill sets). But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bruton at STs gunner is a huge step in the right direction to us finally covering punts and kickoffs with some consistent quality. He really knows what he's doing in that role and he embraces it.

tsiguy96
07-09-2009, 04:01 PM
love the entire draft, every one of these guys has extremely great attitude and character, and just love the game. they are true team football players.

BroncoBuff
07-09-2009, 04:04 PM

I like Popps, but I HATE this BearsMan18.

BroncoBuff
07-09-2009, 05:41 PM
David Grimes, who was a co-captain with Bruton for Notre Dame last season, joined the Broncos as a college free agent on Apr. 27. Third-year pros Darius Walker and Ryan Harris, who acted as big brothers for Bruton during his underclassman years in South Bend, are also on the club's roster, and have helped ease his transition to the NFL.

That's alotta Golden Domers at Dove Valley.

But here's an interesting fact: Bruton was the only Notre Dame guy drafted this year.

TheReverend
07-09-2009, 07:27 PM

Would've rather had Moore, but I can't knock the FO for taking McBath one bit.

In fact, I love the majority of the players they've picked. There were just three moves that I considered sheer mental retardation (Next year's 1st for Smith, trading for Quinn, and, worst of all, Bruton). The other guys were either great, in my opinion (Ayers--though I'm still shaky on him as a 3-4 player-- and McBath, for example) to "well it makes sense" (Knowshon, considering the viability of our passing game took a hit).

It really follows the off-season theme for me. Like to love the majority of things, but then several things happen that seem so ungodly stupid that I stare in awe.

TheReverend
07-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Barrett was more productive than everyone's favorite young stud collegiate safety, Taylor Mays, up until his senior year in college. He's not a look like Tarzan, plays like Jane, he just missed out on a lot of fundamentals development because he's so athletically gifted he could always get by, and his senior year was basically a throw away (when he should've been taking the next step). Guy plays with heart, but he's got a lot of schooling to go before he should see regular time on the football field.

I like Bruton, as you can see from my avatar. I know Rev hates him and says he plays with no heart, but I don't see how one of college football's most standout special teams gunners can play with no heart. That job is the definition of heart. In the defensive secondary he can play like a chicken with his head cut off at times for sure, but he's shown a knack for hanging onto the ball when it comes to him (something we haven't seen in a while from Denver safeties) and more importantly, he knows how to hit and how to work on STs.

If he's ever a regular starter for us I'll be mildly surprised. I think Barrett has the leg up on him in that regard and I think McBath was hand picked to replace Renaldo Hill as a ball hawking FS who can move down and cover a 3rd WR or receiving TE as needed (both he and Hill share some CB pedigree and similar athletic skill sets). But I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Bruton at STs gunner is a huge step in the right direction to us finally covering punts and kickoffs with some consistent quality. He really knows what he's doing in that role and he embraces it.

Did I say he plays with no heart? If so, that's a mistake on my part. I'm sure I meant to say he plays like a pussy even against ****ty competition.

meangene
07-10-2009, 06:22 AM
Would've rather had Moore, but I can't knock the FO for taking McBath one bit.

In fact, I love the majority of the players they've picked. There were just three moves that I considered sheer mental retardation (Next year's 1st for Smith, trading for Quinn, and, worst of all, Bruton). The other guys were either great, in my opinion (Ayers--though I'm still shaky on him as a 3-4 player-- and McBath, for example) to "well it makes sense" (Knowshon, considering the viability of our passing game took a hit).

It really follows the off-season theme for me. Like to love the majority of things, but then several things happen that seem so ungodly stupid that I stare in awe.

I am Catholic by birth which means I am almost automatically a Notre Dame fan. I have missed maybe two or three of Bruton's games. I also went to Wake Forest and live in ACC land so I have seen more than my share of both Smith and Quinn. All I can say is I hope you will at least be happy when all three prove you wrong! ;D

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 09:30 AM
I am Catholic by birth which means I am almost automatically a Notre Dame fan.
You might be too young to recall this, counsel, but I was a Catholic kid too, and every Sunday after serving as altar boy for the 8:30 service, I'd race home to watch Notre Dame Highlights with Lindsey Nelson! It was a 30-minute recap of the game the day before. Seems awfully quaint now, but remember in the early 70's there were maybe two college games on TV a week. Joe Theismann, Tom Clements, Joe Montana, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine.

"We move to action later in the second quarter..."

"After an exchange of punts, the Irish took over at their own 40 yard line..."

tsiguy96
07-10-2009, 09:35 AM
rev why are you still crying about the quinn pick? the BEST blocking TE in the draft that can make us a force at the goal line, and we got good compensation from it. we gave two thirds for a 2nd and 4th.

bruton is a great special teamer, how much more do you want out of a 4th round pick? he can possibly be a starter later on too, but i dont understand how you can get so pissed off about a 4th round pick that can contribute immediately.

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 09:43 AM
rev why are you still crying about the quinn pick? the BEST blocking TE in the draft that can make us a force at the goal line, and we got good compensation from it. we gave two thirds for a 2nd and 4th.

bruton is a great special teamer, how much more do you want out of a 4th round pick? he can possibly be a starter later on too, but i dont understand how you can get so pissed off about a 4th round pick that can contribute immediately.
Nobody's upset we drafted the guy, we're just upset with WHERE we drafted him and with what we GAVE UP to draft him. After all, exactly when did even "the best" blocking TE become so valuable as to be worthy of giving away a pick to move up?? In the SECOND ROUND?!

From all I've read, Quinn was the #6-#8 TE in the draft, and would've easily lasted into the second day. Quinn himself said he didn't know if he would get drafted at all.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Nobody's upset we drafted the guy, we're just upset with WHERE we drafted him and with what we GAVE UP to draft him. After all, exactly when did even "the best" blocking TE become so valuable as to be worthy of giving away a pick to move up?? In the SECOND ROUND?!

From all I've read, Quinn was the #6-#8 TE in the draft, and would've easily lasted into the second day. Quinn himself said he didn't know if he would get drafted at all.

Whether its true or not, you obviously didn't read the articles about Quinn supposudly going early in the 3rd to a couple of teams. We don't know that it's true, but if it was, Denver would not have been around to take him. And we didn't give up any picks for him. It was a 2 for 2.

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 09:49 AM
I hope these draftees turn out great, of course, but .... Josh seemed like that one guy on fantasy draft day, the guy who reaches wildly for guys much earlier than necessary. McD traded up, what? THREE TIMES?! And gave up a 1st rounder in the process.

First draft he was ever in charge of, and he acted like a little kid in a baseball card shop ???

tsiguy96
07-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I recall reading there was one other team interested, but they would've waited. And really, Quinn said himself he wasn't sure if he'd be drafted at all.

But that's fine ... they saw some pass receiving potential, great.

That doesn't make sense, a 2 for a 2? I thought we gave up two picks, a 3rd and another 2nd or 3rd next year?

I hope Josh is as good as Belichick at identifying solid guys ... but we offed alotta picks to get these guys.

no, we gave up both of our 3rds for the steelers second and fourth round pick. we didnt "give up" a pick, we changed them.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I recall reading there was one other team interested, but they would've waited. And really, Quinn said himself he wasn't sure if he'd be drafted at all.

But that's fine ... they saw some pass receiving potential, great.

That doesn't make sense, a 2 for a 2? I thought we gave up two picks, a 3rd and another 2nd or 3rd next year?

I hope Josh is as good as Belichick at identifying solid guys ... but we offed alotta picks to get these guys.

We gave up our two third rounders for a 2nd and a 4th (which was either bruton or olsen)

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 10:05 AM
We gave up our two third rounders for a 2nd and a 4th (which was either bruton or olsen)

I see ... two picks for two picks, that's what you meant. That doesn't sound quite so bad ...

I still think he would've lasted until 14 spots later though ???

alkemical
07-10-2009, 10:06 AM
maybe, maybe not - depends on the team, the role they have for the guy, etc.

tsiguy96
07-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I see ... two picks for two picks, that's what he meant. That doesn't sound too bad ...

But I still think he would've lasted until 12 spots later ???

who cares? all offseason weve heard hw different teams were interested, a report a few weeks back that the houston texans were gonna take him at their spot, why risk losing a guy they feel can contribute right away if tehy can get him and be done with it?

Beantown Bronco
07-10-2009, 10:07 AM
Whether its true or not, you obviously didn't read the articles about Quinn supposudly going early in the 3rd to a couple of teams.

I thought I slammed the door shut on this earlier in the week when I pulled all the supposed quotes (really only one) where his agent said that the Texans might have been interested in him. Grain of salt time. And no other team was ever mentioned. Not to mention the fact that the Texans were only a few picks ahead of the Broncos. There was no need for a drastic trade-up.

We don't know that it's true, but if it was, Denver would not have been around to take him. And we didn't give up any picks for him. It was a 2 for 2.

Interesting logic. So I suppose we didn't give up any picks for Smith either? After all, we gave up one and got one back.....let's just ignore the huge value differences.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-10-2009, 10:12 AM
I thought I slammed the door shut on this earlier in the week when I pulled all the supposed quotes (really only one) where his agent said that the Texans might have been interested in him. Grain of salt time. And no other team was ever mentioned. Not to mention the fact that the Texans were only a few picks ahead of the Broncos. There was no need for a drastic trade-up.

Interesting logic. So I suppose we didn't give up any picks for Smith either? After all, we gave up one and got one back.....let's just ignore the huge value differences.

I dont think the two are all that comparable. I think the value difference between a high first and a second could be huge. The difference between a mid third and early 4th is probably negligable.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-10-2009, 10:17 AM

And also, regarding where Quinn may or may not have been drafted, i implied it should be taken with a grain of salt. It might have been true, it might not have, but its not crazy to think that. Same for the safety the Raiders took in the 2nd. Everyone said it was crazy when they reached for him, until we found out some other teams were interested. The draft is a crapshoot sometimes...time will tell.

tsiguy96
07-10-2009, 10:20 AM
no one else was interested in the raiders safety anywhere near where he was taken. bears were rumored to like him as late round pick.

but quinn may or may not have been there when we drafted, why risk it when we keep very similar value in our picks but get the guy they really want?

same with smith, but the gamble is a bit higher. we gave up next years first yea, but its not the end of the world, especially since he was the broncos highest rated cover corner in the draft and they traded up to get him. we still have a full draft next year, rounds 1-7.

TheReverend
07-10-2009, 10:32 AM
I am Catholic by birth which means I am almost automatically a Notre Dame fan. I have missed maybe two or three of Bruton's games. I also went to Wake Forest and live in ACC land so I have seen more than my share of both Smith and Quinn. All I can say is I hope you will at least be happy when all three prove you wrong! ;D

That'd be great and I truly hope you're right.

TheReverend
07-10-2009, 10:34 AM

Actually, I think I'm upset that we drafted the guy.

For the price we paid to make the trade, we could've gone up a couple more spots to Tenn or leapfrog them and grab Marks, who Tenn took to replace Haynesworth, and who would've been a dominant 5 tech here, imo.

Starting DE > 3rd String TE

SonOfLe-loLang
07-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Actually, I think I'm upset that we drafted the guy.

For the price we paid to make the trade, we could've gone up a couple more spots to Tenn or leapfrog them and grab Marks, who Tenn took to replace Haynesworth, and who would've been a dominant 5 tech here, imo.

Starting DE > 3rd String TE

Vikings did a similar move like a gazillion years ago and drafted jim Kleinsasser who has been involved in that offense for like 14 years. If Quinn becomes that, can you really complain?

TheReverend
07-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Vikings did a similar move like a gazillion years ago and drafted jim Kleinsasser who has been involved in that offense for like 14 years. If Quinn becomes that, can you really complain?

If Marks becomes Haynesworth? Yes, I sure can complain. :)

Now, if he becomes Haynesworth or even an above average lineman while we get run over rough-shod again? Then I'll really throw a little girl hissy fit.

Once again, I don't like Quinn, but at least he's not Bruton! :rofl:

SonOfLe-loLang
07-10-2009, 10:58 AM

Now, if he becomes Haynesworth or even an above average lineman while we get run over rough-shod again? Then I'll really throw a little girl hissy fit.

Once again, I don't like Quinn, but at least he's not Bruton! :rofl:

haha well sure, but the chances of Marks becoming Haynesworth are slim. If there's one skill that translates well from college to the NFL, its blocking. Quinn, to me, seems like a surer thing for what he does. His ceiling is lower, but i'd be surprised if he wasnt solid. Now, do you want only solid out of your 2nd round pick? Maybe not, but if he's solid for 10 years, you really cant complain

Pat Bowlen
07-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Perhaps you should cry about it, Rev.

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 12:11 PM

You know who might be REALLY good, and was available where Quinn was taken? Terrence Knighton the NT. Went about 10 picks later. Maybe not Haynesworth good, but a damn good NFL 3-4 nosetackle.

Anybody hear anything about Chris Baker? Pedescleau? Rulon? We need one of those guy to do something.

DBroncos4life
07-10-2009, 12:25 PM
That's alotta Golden Domers at Dove Valley.

But here's an interesting fact: Bruton was the only Notre Dame guy drafted this year.

Cough Weis, cough, cough....

meangene
07-10-2009, 01:33 PM
You might be too young to recall this, counsel, but I was a Catholic kid too, and every Sunday after serving as altar boy for the 8:30 service, I'd race home to watch Notre Dame Highlights with Lindsey Nelson! It was a 30-minute recap of the game the day before. Seems awfully quaint now, but remember in the early 70's there were maybe two college games on TV a week. Joe Theismann, Tom Clements, Joe Montana, Ara Parseghian, Dan Devine.

"We move to action later in the second quarter..."

"After an exchange of punts, the Irish took over at their own 40 yard line..."

Sad to say but I am not too young to recall this. My folks made me be an altar boy too - and I hated it. So, one Sunday I got my revenge. On this particular Sunday it was my job to carry the large wooden pole with the crucifix on top to lead the procession at the beginning and end of mass. Well, at the end I am supposed to wait for the priest's signal to begin down the aisle. I figured mass had gone long enough so I began the procession during the final hymn - alone! After that, my folks gave up on the altar boy thing. :thumbs:

BabyTO
07-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Im excited, i think this kid soon will put up pro bowl type numbers once they put him at FS or SS.

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Im excited, i think this kid soon will put up pro bowl type numbers once they put him at FS or SS.

I dunno .... I'm thinking McBath and Barrett in the long run.

ward63
07-10-2009, 03:15 PM
We have three young safeties now and if one, at ONE can be a consistent for years to come, I'll be happy!

TheReverend
07-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Perhaps you should cry about it, Rev.

Maybe I have ;)