PDA

View Full Version : Champ on Cutler

mr007
07-07-2009, 05:59 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2009/07/denver-broncos-champ-bailey-offers-thoughts-on-jay-cutler.html

Marc Silverman and Jeff Dickerson from ESPN 1000 radio Chicago interviewed Denver Broncos defensive back Champ Bailey on the Waddle & Silvy show Monday. Bailey was asked where he thought new Bears quarterback Jay Cutler ranked among the top quarterbacks in the league.

``Well hes definitely in the top 10 as far as what hes done to this point,'' Bailey said. ``Now where he can be, he can be the best in the game, he has that ability. The guys very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff youd want. He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and hes going to be a great winner for them. Its unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but weve got to move on, weve got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so weve just got to go out and handle business as necessary.''

Bailey was asked if he ever questioned Cutler as a leader.

``No, not at all,'' he said. ``Thats one thing about him, hes not a shouter, but when he gets upset and he knows weve got to get going he opens his mouth. I appreciate that from him, Id rather have a guy that leads by example than a guy that talks all the time.''

And Bailey's thoughts on the trade?

``The possibility was a shock, but once in sunk in a little bit, thats just the nature of the NFL, you never know,'' he said. ``You see guys leaving here, look at Jason Taylor, he left, a number five all decade guy, you never thought hed leave Miami, but it just happens.''

footstepsfrom#27
07-07-2009, 06:02 PM
How would he know? ;D

elsid13
07-07-2009, 06:09 PM
But I thought Cutler wasn't a leader.

SouthStndJunkie
07-07-2009, 06:12 PM
Sounds like Champ thinks trading Cutler was as stupid of a move as I thought it was.

Archer81
07-07-2009, 06:12 PM
But I thought Cutler wasn't a leader.

You read an article where a leader was quoted.

:Broncos:

mr007
07-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Yeah, odd that our best player on the team doesn't call him a mopey drunk.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 06:18 PM
HEY POPPS! WE FOUND ONE GUY WHO WENT ON THE RECORD!

You owe Taco an apology.

DBroncos4life
07-07-2009, 06:20 PM

You owe Taco an apology.

Ever see a dude give birth to a cow? Better chance of that happening then popps ever admitting he lost a battle.

Hamrob
07-07-2009, 06:25 PM
One guy? If you ever watch the NFL Channel...I'd say it includes their entire cast. Then of course, don't forget the Duke, who said that he thought it was very disapointing that they let him go.

Let's face it...unless your Champ Bailey...you're not going to say anything to rock the boat...if you're a current player.

It's done...let's move on. But, let's at least be honest....it was a idiotic move to let a talent like that walk away!

SleepingTiger
shocking.... who would think Cutler is a great player and good leader. after reading the mane for the past several months, i thought he was a cancer.

~Crash~
In time the cutler trade will be named off as a all time blunder .

Popps
Ever see a dude give birth to a cow? Better chance of that happening then popps ever admitting he lost a battle.

Sorry, did Champ bash the organization or say the team was in shambles, or that we'd been "torn apart?"

Maybe I missed it.

Those are the claims being thrown around by the widows like yourself. Yet, we haven't heard it from any players.

Champ made some nice, safe, vanilla statements about Cutler... which is absolutely irrelevant to the claims that the team is in disarray and on the verge of mutiny, as you and your fellow clucking hens claim.

Good try, though.

Popps
07-07-2009, 06:26 PM
"It’s unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but we’ve got to move on, we’ve got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so we’ve just got to go out and handle business as necessary"

Wow, maybe that's code for "the team is being torn apart."

LOL

Keep crying over spilled milk, ya bunch of losers.

Drek
07-07-2009, 06:28 PM

You owe Taco an apology.

That or Champ has just moved on and he's not going to piss in another dude's cheerios just because they're now on different teams.

You know, something 95% of this board needs to learn to do. Jay Cutler doesn't play for the Broncos, so short of how much he can help the Bears lose next year, I don't give two ****s. Many people on this forum still haven't come to grips with that reality.

~Crash~
07-07-2009, 06:29 PM
"Its unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but weve got to move on, weve got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so weve just got to go out and handle business as necessary"

LOL

no calling people childish names kind makes you a loser ....:welcome:

mr007
07-07-2009, 06:30 PM
"Its unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but weve got to move on, weve got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so weve just got to go out and handle business as necessary"

LOL

You do know he said he could be the best in the game, right? His vanilla statement is all he could possibly say without causing publicity issues.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Champ made some nice, safe, vanilla statements about Cutler....
I don't know what kind of vanilla you get over there wherever you are, but those were pretty clearly statements of respect, admiration and regret:

"He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and hes
going to be a great winner for them. Its unfortunate for
us that we had to lose a guy like that."

Nothing vanilla about that ... that's a salute to a former teammate. I agree that he's not saying the current team is in disarray or anything like that, but he definitely admires the kid, and regrets losing him.

Popps
07-07-2009, 06:32 PM
You do know he said he could be the best in the game, right? His vanilla statement is all he could possibly say without causing publicity issues.

Or, maybe Champ has too much class to call him out.

Of course Quitler could be one of the best. He's got immense physical talent.

This is a news-flash to you?

Champ stated the obvious, played it safe and avoided controversy. Typical Champ. Classy, smart.

He also said the team would move on. He probably should have advised that some fans do the same.

SouthStndJunkie
07-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Just imagine if Champ would have called out Cutler and insinuated that it was a good move to trade him and stated he was a poor leader....the anti-Cutler camp would be throwing a party right now.

Champ could have very easily said nothing....looks to me like he wanted to make his opinion known.

Maybe he is the next Bronco looking for a ticket out of town....

Popps
07-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Just imagine if Champ would have called out Cutler and insinuated that it was a good move to trade him and that stated he was a poor leader....the anti-Cutler camp would be throwing a party right now.

Champ could have very easily said nothing....looks to me like he wanted to make his opinion known.

Bailey isn't likely to stir the pot. He's generally not that kind of a guy. When asked a question about Cutler, he just gave a string of very safe answers.

Of course, Cutler has immense talent. No news there. Of course, he's got a chance to be great. No news there.

Now, on the leadership issue... what would Bailey have to gain from taking a big, public swing at Cutler? I'm not even saying that Champ DOES think Quitler is a punk... but if he did, what's to gain for him by stirring **** up?

Champ is just a classy guy in that regard. He said nice, safe things and rightly so.

Conversely, he said nice, safe things about the organization. So, believe what you want to believe.

elsid13
07-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Bailey isn't likely to stir the pot. He's generally not that kind of a guy. When asked a question about Cutler, he just gave a string of very safe answers.

Of course, Cutler has immense talent. No news there. Of course, he's got a chance to be great. No news there.

Now, on the leadership issue... what would Bailey have to gain from taking a big, public swing at Cutler? I'm not even saying that Champ DOES think Quitler is a punk... but if he did, what's to gain for him by stirring **** up?

Champ is just a classy guy in that regard. He said nice, safe things and rightly so.

Conversely, he said nice, safe things about the organization. So, believe what you want to believe.

Actually when Bailey isn't happy he does stir the pot. He forced his way of Washington and had some choice statements on his way out.

Ray Finkle
07-07-2009, 06:52 PM
Funny....I know a Redskin that is close to Champ and over a beer, we talked about the Cutler issue......If what I heard was correct, Champ sang a different tune when Cutler was traded....

Ray Finkle
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Actually when Bailey isn't happy he does stir the pot. He forced his way of Washington and had some choice statements on his way out.

BS- He didn't like the way Synder ran the team. The gave him and Lavar similar contracts and told them to sign. Champ declined and was shipped out.

SonOfLe-loLang
07-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Funny....I know a Redskin that is close to Champ and over a beer, we talked about the Cutler issue......If what I heard was correct, Champ sang a different tune when Cutler was traded....

Care to elaborate?

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure I buy a veteran defensive players take on a QBs leadership skill.

Since Champ is a lead by example kind of guy, of course he prefers the same, that doesn't mean that's what the team needs.

Ray Finkle
07-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Care to elaborate?

not without giving out to much detail.....certain players on the defense where not always thrilled with Jay and didn't shed a tear when he left. He may be talented but his attitude turned a lot of people off. There was a feeling that Shanahan had such a mancrush over him, that he gave him too much freedom too soon. If Kubiak was still in Denver, I don't think this would have ever happened. He was the buffer/hard ass on the QB's.

elsid13
07-07-2009, 07:00 PM
BS- He didn't like the way Synder ran the team. The gave him and Lavar similar contracts and told them to sign. Champ declined and was shipped out.

Dude he made some statement about how he was unhappy on about the direction of the team on sport talk 980. Remember when he was saying stuff about instability in coaches and didn't understand were why the skins weren't keeping their players?

Ray Finkle
07-07-2009, 07:02 PM
Dude he made some statement about how he was unhappy on about the direction of the team on sport talk 980. Remember when he was saying stuff about instability in coaches and didn't understand were why the skins weren't keeping their players?

Yes, that was directed at Snyder when he A- signed a Head Coach that thought anyone that worked more than 8 hours a day was crazy. Remember the story of them kicking Hassleback out of the building so he could lock up and go golf? B- Snyder strong arming him and Lavar to remain loyal to the Skins...

Popps
07-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Ummm.. no. He didn't "force" his way out of Washington. They had a contract dispute and it wasn't going to be resolved....

The Redskins have protected Bailey by designating him their franchise player. They have made him a one-year, $6.8 million tender, the average of the top five players at his position, tying up valuable salary cap space.

Bailey was given permission to seek a trade after negotiations for a new contract with the Redskins stalled. Bailey turned down a nine-year, $55 million offer last fall because he disagreed with several clauses in the proposal as well as its overall structure.

That's normal NFL business. A bit different than refusing to talk to the coaches, owners and not honoring your contract, and then demanding a trade.

TDmvp
07-07-2009, 07:04 PM
In time the cutler trade will be named off as a all time blunder .

Yup ... We bished and moaned for 10 years after Elway all hoping for a gifted Qb not a stop gap and we get it and F it up .... I may not live long enough to see us get another guy that talented and be as set up as we was for the future as we was last year to be great for 10 years ...

Now I hope we just don't suck @$$ for a decade ...

elsid13
07-07-2009, 07:05 PM
Yes, that was directed at Snyder when he A- signed a Head Coach that thought anyone that worked more than 8 hours a day was crazy. Remember the story of them kicking Hassleback out of the building so he could lock up and go golf? B- Snyder strong arming him and Lavar to remain loyal to the Skins...

OK, airing actions of the owner isn't that stirring the pot?

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 07:14 PM
When asked a question about Cutler, he just gave a string of very safe answers.

He said nice, safe things and rightly so.

And DOWN the stretch they come ....

. . Denial's on the inside hugging the rail ...

. . . . Anger coming on strong one length back ...

. . . . . . It's Denial ...

. . . . . . . . It's Anger ...

. . . . . . . . . . It's Denial ...

. . . . . . . . . . . . It's Anger ...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . And DENIAL wins by a nose!

hambone13
07-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Sorry, did Champ bash the organization or say the team was in shambles, or that we'd been "torn apart?"

Maybe I missed it.

Those are the claims being thrown around by the widows like yourself. Yet, we haven't heard it from any players.

Champ made some nice, safe, vanilla statements about Cutler... which is absolutely irrelevant to the claims that the team is in disarray and on the verge of mutiny, as you and your fellow clucking hens claim.

Good try, though.

You're hilarious....there's nothing vanilla at all about saying he can be the best in the league and that he's a great leader and likes his approach to leadership....that's specific. Not to mention he went out of his way to address his smarts. If he was just talented and a "jeff george" type, he wouldn't have said that...the would have just said..."He has great talent, there is a lot of potential there..." that's vanilla..

Dr. Broncenstein
07-07-2009, 07:19 PM
http://www.hoseheadforums.com/images/uploadedimages/Forums/media/harriet_othelo/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

TDmvp
07-07-2009, 07:20 PM
http://www.hoseheadforums.com/images/uploadedimages/Forums/media/harriet_othelo/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/2489/beatingadeadhorsegq2.gif

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 07:21 PM
And DOWN the stretch they come ....

. . Denial's on the inside hugging the rail ...

. . . . Anger coming on strong one length back ...

. . . . . . It's Denial ...

. . . . . . . . It's Anger ...

. . . . . . . . . . It's Denial ...

. . . . . . . . . . . . It's Anger ...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . And DENIAL wins by a nose!
Aren't the anti McD crowd the ones that are angry?

watermock
07-07-2009, 07:21 PM
Jesus.

He said everything but McBeavis and Mr. Alzheimers.

If Champ doesn't come back healthy, he'll be gone by next year. Book it. Book it anyway, he's not going to be paid 15M.

Popps
07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
You're hilarious....there's nothing vanilla at all about saying he can be the best in the league

He's just stating the obvious. Reporting that Quitler COULD be a great player isn't really news. It's not anything that we all don't already know.

Hence, vanilla.

If he said Jay IS THE BEST QB in the league and he's better than P. Manning, that would be a story.

If he said he was a giant prick, that would be a story.

But, he said he has skills and could be one of the greats.

Vanilla, commonly-accepted information.

Popps
07-07-2009, 07:24 PM

Apparently.

They're bashing a great Bronco like Champ Bailey to defend their quarterback who quit on them for another team.

Mr Chatterboodamn
07-07-2009, 07:27 PM

wow.

BroncoBuff
Well, Popps is the exception ... he is definitely one angry Joe.

You gotta give him credit for tenacity though ... no matter how many people try to talk sense to him, he's just refuses to listen. He squeezes those eyes shut, smashes his palms against his ears and shakes his head violently.

Dr. Broncenstein
http://www.luminomagazine.com/2004.03/spotlight/officespace/images/samir/samir5.jpg

Backup in yo azz wit da resurrection...

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 07:28 PM
No matter how many people try to talk sense to him, he's just refuses to listen. He squeezes those eyes shut, smashes his palms against his ears and shakes his head violently.

http://www.citynews.ca/images/2008-02/feb1908-tantrum.jpg

Awwwww... :twokisses

I guess 40 is the new 5 :~ohyah!:

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 07:28 PM
not without giving out to much detail.....certain players on the defense where not always thrilled with Jay and didn't shed a tear when he left. He may be talented but his attitude turned a lot of people off. There was a feeling that Shanahan had such a mancrush over him, that he gave him too much freedom too soon. If Kubiak was still in Denver, I don't think this would have ever happened. He was the buffer/hard ass on the QB's.

cutler has been called out by players on different teams across the league, when he was our QB we thought it was ok and kinda cool, but now that hes not, we see the real type of player he was and how he treated other people. hes got every physical attribute that a QB can have, but his offsetting personality and inability to be mature with business matters is amazing.

DBroncos4life
07-07-2009, 07:31 PM
Apparently.

They're bashing a great Bronco like Champ Bailey to defend their quarterback who quit on them for another team.

Bashing him? I think one poster said Bailey forced his way out of being a Skin in a way that could be compared with Cutler's. I don't agree with it because unlike Jay's trade Bailey signed a new contract right away making him the highest paid DB in the NFL at the time. Plus its not like he anyone is comparing this to Kennison vs Shanny. I mean who would throw our former great coach under a bus to defend Quiterson.

hambone13
07-07-2009, 07:32 PM
He's just stating the obvious. Reporting that Quitler COULD be a great player isn't really news. It's not anything that we all don't already know.

Hence, vanilla.

If he said Jay IS THE BEST QB in the league and he's better than P. Manning, that would be a story.

If he said he was a giant prick, that would be a story.

But, he said he has skills and could be one of the greats.

Vanilla, commonly-accepted information.

You're a specialist at slicing and dicing already sliced and diced information down into whatever it is you can make a point over. You can make vanilla statements about sliced up information and it's suppose to be compelling and conclusive but if Champ makes statements that are actually fairly specific...he's vanilla. You might consider a career as a shock jock...

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Bashing Champ Bailey?!

Listen here: You can call me a ****ing ****er ....
You can question my sincerity as a fan ...
You can even call me "Gay for Jay" ....

But if you're gonna bash Champ Bailey, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to step outside!

Popps
07-07-2009, 07:36 PM
I mean who would throw our former great coach under a bus to defend Quiterson.

Agree. Quiterson was a jackoff. Shanahan was a great coach. I spent many posts around here defending him from people blaming him for everything from Brian Griese's failures to not using Ashley Lelie properly. (Honestly.)

Some players like Quiterson and Quitler just see themselves as more important than their coaches.

Takes all kinds, I guess.

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
You're a specialist at slicing and dicing already sliced and diced information down into whatever it is you can make a point over. You can make vanilla statements about sliced up information and it's suppose to be compelling but and conclusive but if Champ makes statements that are actually fairly specific...he's vanilla. You might consider a career as a shock jock...

no one is gonna say **** about cutler, classy players dont talk **** about other players. i.e cutler saying he doesnt like how rivers carries himself on national TV. is he supposed to say on national radio that the "superstar QB" needs to work on his leadership skills?

DBroncos4life
07-07-2009, 07:41 PM
no one is gonna say **** about cutler, classy players dont talk **** about other players. i.e cutler saying he doesnt like how rivers carries himself on national TV. is he supposed to say on national radio that the "superstar QB" needs to work on his leadership skills?

He could say nothing. He didn't need to get into well you know he has all the talent in the world.....I liked the way he lead the team....you know stuff like that. All he had to do is say Jay moved on and the Broncos are moving on. He gains nothing from bashing Cutler and he gains nothing from talking up Cutler so one would think that anything he would have to say would be near the truth because there is ZERO reason for him to discuss Cutler at all.

bpc
07-07-2009, 07:45 PM

REACH! ha ha.

Ray Finkle
07-07-2009, 07:47 PM
OK, airing actions of the owner isn't that stirring the pot?

when have any of Snyder's actions not been in the public?

BroncoBuff
He could say nothing. He didn't need to get into well you know he has all the talent in the world.....I liked the way he lead the team....you know stuff like that. All he had to do is say Jay moved on and the Broncos are moving on.

Yup, well said ... Champ COULD have said nothing, or he COULD have made a vanilla comment, "Jay is gone, we're moving on." But INSTEAD he made some very complimentary, respectful and even admiring comments about Jay and expressed regret that he's gone. And he kinda crawled out a bit on a limb to do so.

Archer81
Yup ... We bished and moaned for 10 years after Elway all hoping for a gifted Qb not a stop gap and we get it and F it up .... I may not live long enough to see us get another guy that talented and be as set up as we was for the future as we was last year to be great for 10 years ...

Now I hope we just don't suck @$$ for a decade ...

In hindsight the stopgap before Jay had a pretty decent record and got us to an AFCC game...just saying...

:Broncos:

Ray Finkle
07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
REACH! ha ha.

not by a long shot....I trust the people I have heard this from. They have been right every other time.

DBroncos4life
07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I agree with popps some here that it was pretty much standard stuff that a star would say about a former player, but at the sametime I think most of it came from the heart about how he felt about Jay.

bpc
07-07-2009, 07:49 PM
This thread is like preaching to the quire. Basically everybody is shaking their head over the stupidity of this offseason and we'll continue to do so long after McDaniels has been ran off.

Unfortunately nobody can run off Bowlen, who essentially is the real problem in all of this.

telluride
07-07-2009, 07:50 PM
This would be the same Champ who claimed that Simeon Rice was an outstanding signing, and personally vouched for him?

I love Champ, but his insights into other players is often pretty questionable.

Ray Finkle
07-07-2009, 07:51 PM
This thread is like preaching to the quire. Basically everybody is shaking their head over the stupidity of this offseason and we'll continue to do so long after McDaniels has been ran off.

Unfortunately nobody can run off Bowlen, who essentially is the real problem in all of this.

you are so anti-McDaniels, what would you do if by some chance he is right?

footstepsfrom#27
07-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Hmmm...Popps vs. Champ. I pick Champ.

elsid13
07-07-2009, 07:54 PM
when have any of Snyder's actions not been in the public?

Come on, we both know that Champ wasn't going back to the skins. He and his agent worked behind the scenes to move on. Things worked out and Denver got him, but it could have been any number of teams. Champ is great player but he is human like everyone else and sometime you feel you need to move on, and you will find a way to do that no matter what.

tsiguy96

then maybe jay cutler should have manned up, showed up and did his job instead of forcing his way out of denver and none of this would be an issue.

Dr. Broncenstein

Sing in a CHOIR...

hambone13
07-07-2009, 07:57 PM
then maybe jay cutler should have manned up, showed up and did his job instead of forcing his way out of denver and none of this would be an issue.

He didn't want to be here...because of the leadership....end.

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 07:59 PM
He didn't want to be here...because of the leadership....end.

funny how every other player is singing the praises of mcd, but cutler isnt. why is that? because cutler is not capable of harsh criticism, or cant hear that he isnt the greatest? there has been a lot of speculation that shanahan wacked off to cutler nightly and coddled him, cutler didnt have that security blanket here anymore with shanny gone.

and dont say they are singing his praises just because they want a job, most of these players can get a job anywhere in the NFL if they want, they are being honest about their position on the HC in that he is very intelligent, thorough and knows what he wants from teh team and its players.

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Well, Popps is the exception ... he is definitely one angry Joe.

You gotta give him credit for tenacity though ... no matter how many people try to talk sense to him, he's just refuses to listen. He squeezes those eyes shut, smashes his palms against his ears and shakes his head violently.Look, I think people with your POV are deluded and need to have sense talked to them. Please don't corral me into the whiny, vindictive club that's become camp Anti-McD.

Kaylore
07-07-2009, 08:08 PM
All this article proves is that Champ is all class and always has been. He wouldn't talk badly about Adolf Hitler if he was a former teammate. People that know Champ have heard something different.

hambone13
07-07-2009, 08:18 PM
All this article proves is that Champ is all class and always has been. He wouldn't talk badly about Adolf Hitler if he was a former teammate. People that know Champ have heard something different.

You always bring points like this up and I'm sure there's some validity to what you've heard but Champ didn't have to be "Classy" to be classy. He delved into the topic and expounded. There's always positives and negatives to anyone. You can be pissed at them one day and/or not like something about them, say some things that personally bothered you to people that are close to you but that doesn't change the fact that their good qualities are there too. Classy is recognizing that your opinion is exactly that.

Rabb
07-07-2009, 08:19 PM

Adolf coulda' gone for 2k in our system

just sayin'

Dr. Broncenstein
07-07-2009, 08:21 PM

just sayin'

Hitler was white. Obviously the next Eddie Mac.

And a high-five for the godwin, Khan!!! :thumbsup:

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Great job, Champ! F the FO. I always enjoy seeing this FO get put in an embarassing and/or awkward situation.

:thumbsup:

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 08:23 PM

just sayin'

Gaff....how did you take over this guy's account?

Rabb
07-07-2009, 08:23 PM
Hitler was white. Obviously the next Eddie Mac.

And a high-five for the godwin, Khan!!! :thumbsup:

Him and Romo woulda' been BFFs, just ask JJ Stokes :yayaya:

hambone13
07-07-2009, 08:25 PM
funny how every other player is singing the praises of mcd, but cutler isnt. why is that? because cutler is not capable of harsh criticism, or cant hear that he isnt the greatest? there has been a lot of speculation that shanahan wacked off to cutler nightly and coddled him, cutler didnt have that security blanket here anymore with shanny gone.

and dont say they are singing his praises just because they want a job, most of these players can get a job anywhere in the NFL if they want, they are being honest about their position on the HC in that he is very intelligent, thorough and knows what he wants from teh team and its players.

I've said it and it's been said multiple times....Cutler is not the perfect character or maturity but he's young. If a FO can't manage the situation to at least give yourself a shot to work through those immaturities, then you shouldn't be leading an NFL team, especially when it's a QB. It's simple really.

DBroncos4life
07-07-2009, 08:26 PM
I think Hitlers ego is huge and he is a flavor clown. He is cancer and I don't want him near any jewish team mates.

rastaman
07-07-2009, 08:32 PM
That or Champ has just moved on and he's not going to piss in another dude's cheerios just because they're now on different teams.

You know, something 95% of this board needs to learn to do. Jay Cutler doesn't play for the Broncos, so short of how much he can help the Bears lose next year, I don't give two ****s. Many people on this forum still haven't come to grips with that reality.

Who cares what you think DREK! Who died and made you Bronco Fan Dictator???? I don't give a Flying Crock what your opinons are when it comes to the Cuttler-Bowlen-McDaniels saga, especially when you view one sided! so you need to get a grip on reality. Understood!

You don't have the power nor the right to tell fans how to view Cutler or how we continue to give our views and opinions. Cutler was the best Bronco QB since Elway retired. You are talking and behaving like a High School or College Football fan, which by the way ooooze with blind loyalty and the old mantra my H.S. or College good or bad BS.

You're a professional football fan so why don't you act like one and grow up! Face it dude Cutler has too much talent not to be successful in the NFL, and you and your ilk are hoping he fails merely b/c he's no longer a Bronco and the nerve to want to be traded! Cutler has done absolutely nothing to you personnally nor physically....yet you wish him ill-will. Grow up dude and move on.

azbroncfan
cutler has been called out by players on different teams across the league, when he was our QB we thought it was ok and kinda cool, but now that hes not, we see the real type of player he was and how he treated other people. hes got every physical attribute that a QB can have, but his offsetting personality and inability to be mature with business matters is amazing.

Sounds like the guy he has resembled so much up to this point.......Jeff George

Rabb
Gaff....how did you take over this guy's account?

he told me that he was a Barrister and needed me to wire him 10 large to get my lottery winnings and also needed my OM login/pw

legit right?

right?

TheReverend
07-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Fight, fight, fight.

TheDave
07-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah that felt good...

DenverBrit
07-07-2009, 09:25 PM
I didn't think Cutler's QB skills were ever in question, so Champ isn't saying anything new.
As for leadership, Champ has something good to say about everyone.

I wish they'd ask Rod Smith. ;D

Ratboy
07-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Who were the posters that claimed Champ Bailey hated Jay Cutler? You guys need to come out and eat crow.

Champ, another leader, was shocked that the possibility of getting rid of Jay Cutler.

"weve got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so weve just got to go out and handle business as necessary.''

You like how he didn't even mention names? He probably doesnt even know who our Quarterbacks are.

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 09:28 PM
Who were the posters that claimed Champ Bailey hated Jay Cutler? You guys need to come out and eat crow.
Did you read the thread? At least two posters have said Champ speaks much differently about Cutler in private.

Rabb
07-07-2009, 09:29 PM
who ****ing cares who said what or who thinks what

Cutler is gone, champ is here...root for your team and STFU

montrose
07-07-2009, 09:36 PM
For god sake let the season begin...

watermock
07-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Well he’s definitely in the top 10 as far as what he’s done to this point,'' Bailey said. ``Now where he can be, he can be the best in the game, he has that ability. The guys very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff you’d want. He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and he’s going to be a great winner for them. It’s unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but we’ve got to move on, we’ve got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so we’ve just got to go out and handle business as necessary.''

``No, not at all,'' he said. ``That’s one thing about him, he’s not a shouter, but when he gets upset and he knows we’ve got to get going he opens his mouth. I appreciate that from him, I’d rather have a guy that leads by example than a guy that talks all the time.''

``[quote]The possibility (it) was a shock, but once in sunk in a little bit, that’s just the nature of the NFL, you never know,'' he said

Yep, totally vanilla!

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Yep, totally vanilla!

No kidding. Seriously, not to tweak anybody, but those were HUGE statements of respect and admiration by CHamp ... you just can see it any other way ... read C L O S E L Y :

And even more .....

"Hes not a shouter, but when he gets upset and he knows
weve got to get going he opens his mouth. I appreciate that
from him, Id rather have a guy that leads by example than a
guy that talks all the time.''

Those are HUGE statements of admiration ... rven reverence. "Reverence" is the word to describe the fact Champ just compared Jay Cutler to John Elway and Dan Marino.

If you really think these statements are vanilla, you're just wrong.

It's not even an opinion thing, you're just plain wrong.

TheReverend
07-07-2009, 10:16 PM
I definitely believe Ray Finkle. I've known him long enough to trust what he says.

I don't believe who told him the info, but I believe his part in it.

mr007
07-07-2009, 10:18 PM
but wait...... I know a guy, who knows a guy, who knows Champ and he said that Champ said something really much different in private.

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 10:18 PM
No kidding. Seriously, not to tweak anybody, but those were HUGE statements of respect and admiration by CHamp ... you just can see it any other way ... read C L O S E L Y :

And even more .....

"Hes not a shouter, but when he gets upset and he knows
weve got to get going he opens his mouth. I appreciate that
from him, Id rather have a guy that leads by example than a
guy that talks all the time.''

Those are HUGE statements of admiration ... rven reverence. "Reverence" is the word to describe the fact Champ just compared Jay Cutler to John Elway and Dan Marino.

If you really think these statements are vanilla, you're just wrong.

It's not even an opinion thing, you're just plain wrong.

I'm with Reverend. If Ray Finkle says someone told him that, then someone did tell him that. Ray Finkle is a very good guy despite being a Rags fan. However, I highly doubt that the person who told him that really heard that from Champ. There's like layers and layers of hearsay involved and I think Champ is an up front guy. He'll say what he thinks. I'm sure he appreciated what Jay did to rescue the D. He saw it first hand. I think his comments are spot-on.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 10:24 PM
Practically a freaking love letter it is.

Elway? Marino?!

Why don't you just marry the kid, Champ? :~ohyah!:

Br0nc0Buster
07-07-2009, 10:33 PM
I dont think this means anything one way or the other
Im sure Champ likes the kid, and appreciates what he did for us
And Jay is a good player, Champ is prolly dissapointed it ended this way

But Champ is a good guy, and we see players say the politically correct thing all the time.

I think anyone who gets too riled up over these comments one way or another is making a mountain out of a molehill

Northman
07-07-2009, 10:36 PM
Hmmm, ok. So Champ thinks Jay is a great Qb. Wonderful. Tell me something the world doesnt know. The only thing i care about in his quotes are that he believes in the guys here including Orton. Thats what should really matter. As long as he is behind the team all else is irrelevant. I didnt see Champ say he was going to hold out or whine his way out of town. Sheesh you guys. So much drama over nothing.

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 10:39 PM
I dont think this means anything one way or the other

Yeah....a unbroken string of totally admiring and positive statements clearly are neutral overall in the aggregate. Obviously, were we to conclude otherwise, Champ would not be a real fan. Maybe tsiguy is right...maybe Champ's not even a real Bronco???

Have you considered that?

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah....a unbroken string of totally admiring and positive statements clearly are neutral overall in the aggregate. Obviously, were we to conclude otherwise, Champ would not be a real fan. Maybe tsiguy is right...maybe Champ's not even a real Bronco???

Have you considered that?Given you're willing to concede the positive here, surely you can produce negative Champ statements that would legitimize the notion that there's an actual range of comments that Champ will give to the public.

(BTW: No one ever doubted Culter's skill set, so for Champ to compare Cutler to *potentially* Elway should be common ground. One wonders why Champ didn't include Cutler in the top 5 if he believes so highly in his talent.)

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Given you're willing to concede the positive here, surely you can produce negative Champ statements that would legitimize the notion that there's an actual range of comments that Champ will give to the public.

(BTW: No one ever doubted Culter's skill set, so for Champ to compare Cutler to *potentially* Elway should be common ground. One wonders why Champ didn't include Cutler in the top 5 if he believes so highly in his talent.)

"I think Bates was a good coach, but we didn't have the personnel for what he ran. It just didn't work. We were all over the place. He'd have starters get cut. It was no consistency there." -Champ Bailey

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8189969

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
07-07-2009, 11:01 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2009/07/denver-broncos-champ-bailey-offers-thoughts-on-jay-cutler.html

Marc Silverman and Jeff Dickerson from ESPN 1000 radio Chicago interviewed Denver Broncos defensive back Champ Bailey on the Waddle & Silvy show Monday. Bailey was asked where he thought new Bears quarterback Jay Cutler ranked among the top quarterbacks in the league.

``Well hes definitely in the top 10 as far as what hes done to this point,'' Bailey said. ``Now where he can be, he can be the best in the game, he has that ability. The guys very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff youd want. He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and hes going to be a great winner for them. Its unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that, but weve got to move on, weve got some quality guys back there that can definitely get the job done so weve just got to go out and handle business as necessary.''

``No, not at all,'' he said. ``Thats one thing about him, hes not a shouter, but when he gets upset and he knows weve got to get going he opens his mouth. I appreciate that from him, Id rather have a guy that leads by example than a guy that talks all the time.''

``The possibility was a shock, but once in sunk in a little bit, thats just the nature of the NFL, you never know,'' he said. ``You see guys leaving here, look at Jason Taylor, he left, a number five all decade guy, you never thought hed leave Miami, but it just happens.''

kool aid drinkers are about to air lock champ now. oh wait thats happened already.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 11:03 PM
He was talking about more than skillset, he was talking about leadership
He never said "potentially" YOU said potentially. Champ made a flat-out comparison: "He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy."
I don't recall Champ talking about a Top 5 as you did ... but he did compare Jay to two of the TOP FIVE quarterbacks EVER.

C'mon, at least quote Champ correctly. And after all, it's just his opinion ...

I'm Cutler-Widow #1 (sorry SoCal, I'm #2), and even I don't think an Elway/Marino comparison makes any sense right now, But obviously Champ does.

Like anybody, he has an opinion. Please don't twist what he says to make his opinion sound more like yours. ;D

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 11:05 PM
ONE) He was talking about more than skillset, he was talking about leadership
TWO) He never said "potentially" YOU said potentially. Champ made a flat-out comparison: "He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and hes
going to be a great winner for them."
THREE) I don't recall Champ talking about a Top 5 as you did ... but he did compare Jay to two of the TOP FIVE quarterbacks EVER.

C'mon, at least quote Champ correctly. And after all, it's just his opinion ...

I'm Cutler-Widow #1 (sorry SoCal, I'm #2), and even I don't think an Elway/Marino comparison makes any sense right now, But obviously Champ does.

Like anybody, he has an opinion. Please don't twist what he says to make his opinion sound more like yours. ;D

IMO, Taco needs to make us a vanilla ice cream smilie.

http://bp0.blogger.com/_5xbLgg72CBs/RukBq2iKCgI/AAAAAAAAAo4/9iyQyXAHZIU/s320/bowl+of+vanilla+ice+cream.jpg

Popps
07-07-2009, 11:12 PM

Bingo.

As usual, Kaylore calls it correctly.

bpc
07-07-2009, 11:12 PM

You think I want Denver to lose? Nobody is more bummed about this future vs. me. Hell, I feel dead inside right now. I want Denver to win. I hope McDaniels is the second coming of Shanahan. Unfortunately, the act isn't the same. Not even close. He's proven his monumental flaws over and over again this offseason. Imagine what will happen when the pressure is on. This guy is going to crack.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 11:13 PM
Sounds like the guy he has resembled so much up to this point.......Jeff George
I admire your courage ... to so strongly disagree with Champ ..

You say Jeff George ... Champ says John Elway ....

Champ says Dan Marino ... you say Jeff George

Way to blaze your own trail there, sir ;D

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 11:14 PM
You think I want Denver to lose? Nobody is more bummed about this future vs. me. Hell, I feel dead inside right now. I want Denver to win. I hope McDaniels is the second coming of Shanahan. Unfortunately, the act isn't the same. Not even close. He's proven his monumental flaws over and over again this offseason. Imagine what will happen when the pressure is on. This guy is going to crack.

are you kidding? over and over?

wow, do some people just have no idea whats going on?

the majority of the team is singing his praises, cutler gets his panties riled up and now mcd is the second coming of lucifer sent from bellicheck to destroy the team.

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 11:16 PM
are you kidding? over and over?

wow, do some people just have no idea whats going on?

the majority of the team is singing his praises, cutler gets his panties riled up and now mcd is the second coming of lucifer sent from bellicheck to destroy the team.

Is Champ a real Bronco?

Yes or No.

Pseudofool
"I think Bates was a good coach, but we didn't have the personnel for what he ran. It just didn't work. We were all over the place. He'd have starters get cut. It was no consistency there." -Champ Bailey

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8189969Touche' that is something. Though Bates isn't exactly an exteammate. Paint a tad less cynical, but still cynical.

BroncoBuff

I agree with this ... but remember, his "monumental flaws" have all been FRONT OFFICE flaws.

Now basically all the front office stuff is over, not much more to bungle there.

NOW it's all on the field .... NOW it's aaaall downhill.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Is Champ a real Bronco?

Yes or No.

Sounds like a relevant poll question for this evening Mr President.

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Is Champ a real Bronco?

Yes or No.

im curious what that has to do with anything, especially considering how he has been praising mcd all offseason. he knows the team isnt winning a sb this year and you can kind of tell hes mad hes not on a contender yet, but he knows the team is headed in the right direction.

bpc
07-07-2009, 11:21 PM

Cutler was never given the chance to show up for mandatory functions. McDaniels said he would wait for the mini-camps to meet with him, much like we've just said about Brandon Marshall, only to flip around and trade him a week later.

Cutler isn't the villain here, despite what the antagonists want everybody to believe.

The funniest part is that those against Jay won't stop this propaganda chase of trying to make him look bad despite what people with credibility have to say, like Champ.

azbroncfan
07-07-2009, 11:22 PM
I admire your courage ... to so strongly disagree with Champ ..

You say Jeff George ... Champ says John Elway ....

Champ says Dan Marino ... you say Jeff George

Way to blaze your own trail there, sir ;D

George had same type of ability but didn't have it upstairs or the ability to put it together and be a great QB. You can't dispute George's physical abilities and Cutler's mental approach and reading defenses is closer to George's than Elway's or Marinos let alone comparing winning percentages.

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 11:25 PM
im curious what that has to do with anything, .

I don't know....could it be relevant in showing that you are a hypocritical person? Certainly it would have much probative value in that regard. Praising McD on at least some issues is not enough for you. Speaking well of Cutler also draws your ire. Fans that are saying consistently positive things about Cutler are called douche-bags by you and you openly question their fanhood...telling them to go root for the Bears.

Champ has now made some TRULY glowing statements about Jay. It would necessarily follow that either you think Champ's not a real Bronco, or you are just a flat out hypocrite in the alternative.

I'm just interested in seeing which one.

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
I don't know....could it be relevant in showing that you are a hypocritical person? Certainly it would have much probative value in that regard. Praising McD on at least some issues is not enough for you. Speaking well of Cutler also draws your ire. Fans that are saying consistently positive things about Cutler are called douche-bags by you and you openly question their fanhood...telling them to go root for the Bears.

Champ has now made some TRULY glowing statements about Jay. It would necessarily follow that either you think Champ's not a real Bronco, or you are just a flat out hypocrite in the alternative.

I'm just interested in seeing which one.

tell me: waht else is champ supposed to say on a chicago media radio station? that jay is a pussy? that he abandoned his team?

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
He was talking about more than skillset, he was talking about leadership
He never said "potentially" YOU said potentially. Champ made a flat-out comparison: "He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy."Are you really trying to split hairs between the distinction of remind and potential? Again, one wonders why he's not in the Top 2 as Elway and Marino were. Just because we're reminded by a great doesn't mean that we're actually equalizing said person to the great
I don't recall Champ talking about a Top 5 as you did ... but he did compare Jay to two of the TOP FIVE quarterbacks EVER.Yet, he only said he's a top 10 QB currently. Maybe I'm using my in-between-the-lines reading skills but clearly he's talking about potential and skill set, not the whole pacakge.
But obviously Champ does.Again, if you can't legitimize the comparison to Marino and Elway, doesn't that make you question where Champ is coming from. Given Cutler's track record is mediocre, if you don't think Champ is comparing Cutler's potential to Elway as opposed to Cutler's current production, well, you're lacking some interpretative skills.

Like anybody, he has an opinion. Please don't twist what he says to make his opinion sound more like yours. ;DLikewise. :approve:

There's no such thing as face value. And I'm not just going to accuse other community memembers of making stuff up about Champ in private. Honestly, there's not much here but a lot of fluff and cliches from Champ. And if anything, I take it more as an inditement of Orton...

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 11:30 PM
tell me: waht else is champ supposed to say on a chicago media radio station? that jay is a p***Y? that he abandoned his team?

What he could have done is to say something that was REALLY vanilla or something balanced, or simply finding a way to use NFLspeak to dance around the issue.

Instead, he chose to speak is extremely positive terms not only about Jay's physical ability, but also things that go to Jay's oft-maligned character, such as leadership ability.

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 11:31 PM
chicago media radio station Quit it, context clearly can't matter when we speak of Cutler.

footstepsfrom#27
07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
George had same type of ability but didn't have it upstairs or the ability to put it together and be a great QB. You can't dispute George's physical abilities and Cutler's mental approach and reading defenses is closer to George's than Elway's or Marinos let alone comparing winning percentages.
"The guys very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff youd want." --Champ Bailey

azbroncfan vs. Champ Bailey...hmmm...I pick Champ.

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 11:34 PM
but also things that go to Jay's oft-maligned character, such as leadership ability.No it was exclusively leadership, nothing else about character there; and it was the mediocre endorsement that "he leads by example," which is what everyone says by those who aren't necessarily good leaders.

The whole notion of leading-by-example is not leadership. It's a good thing to work hard, but that's never leading. It's simply a sports cliche. Come on.

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 11:36 PM
"The guys very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff youd want." --Champ Bailey

azbroncfan vs. Champ Bailey...hmmm...I pick Champ.Footsteps, seriously? Who the heck knows what Champ means by "very smart, very sharp." Again, I think Champ is almost exclusively talking about skill set.

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 11:43 PM
No it was exclusively leadership, nothing else about character there; and it was the mediocre endorsement that "he leads by example," which is what everyone says by those who aren't necessarily good leaders.

The whole notion of leading-by-example is not leadership. It's a good thing to work hard, but that's never leading. It's simply a sports cliche. Come on.

Curiously, you are omitting several things he said. You have characterized his endorsement as merely mediocre and have suggested that all he really said was that Jay leads by example and thats simply a cliche, presumably without any specifics. But that's not all he said. He specifically said that Jay gets them going when they need to and that he appreciated how he lead in that respect. He also said he never questioned his leadership ability. This is not a mere cliche, nor a "mediocre endorsement". There are several statements he made. For you to pretend they all do not exist is homerific at best.

Broncos4tw
07-07-2009, 11:44 PM
This is as moot a subject as could be now, it's a done deal. Just live with it. Stupid decision imo, but can only go forward from here.

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 11:50 PM
Curiously, you are omitting several things he said. You have characterized his endorsement as merely mediocre and have suggested that all he really said was that Jay leads by example and thats simply a cliche, presumably without any specifics. But that's not all he said. He specifically said that Jay gets them going when they need to and that he appreciated how he lead in that respect. He also said he never questioned his leadership ability. This is not a mere cliche, nor a "mediocre endorsement". There are several statements he made. For you to pretend they all do not exist is homerific at best.There is more nuance there than I was giving credit, but it still seems clichish to me, whether or not Champ wants to be bossed around or not. "Mediocrity" really never entered my mind as it all just seems a facade. Nothing really seems specific, "getting them going when he needs to" sounds clichish and almost apologetic; and Champs particular taste in leadership, I think, leaves much to be desired. Again, the whole being impressed about leading by example thing sounds like an excuse for Champs own supposed quite leadership--I don't want to hate on Champ, but I think Dawkins was brought in for more than just his play.

My point isn't to misrepresent Champ, but it's important to take context into account (Chicago radio, an ex-teammate, lack of impressive replacement, his own leadership style (or lack of)) that lead Champ to say what he says.

footstepsfrom#27
07-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Footsteps, seriously? Who the heck knows what Champ means by "very smart, very sharp."
I'll go out on a limb and say he means something more than Jeff George had upstairs...and since also claims, "He can be the best in the game"...I'm pretty sure of it.

footstepsfrom#27
07-07-2009, 11:54 PM
There is more nuance there than I was giving credit, but it still seems clichish to me, whether or not Champ wants to be bossed around or not. "Mediocrity" really never entered my mind as it all just seems a facade. Nothing really seems specific, "getting them going when he needs to" sounds clichish and almost apologetic; and Champs particular taste in leadership, I think, leaves much to be desired. Again, the whole being impressed about leading by example thing sounds like an excuse for Champs own supposed quite leadership--I don't want to hate on Champ, but I think Dawkins was brought in for more than just his play.

My point isn't to misrepresent Champ, but it's important to take context into account (Chicago radio, an ex-teammate, lack of impressive replacement, his own leadership style (or lack of)) that lead Champ to say what he says.
That's an awful lot of redaction for a guy he compares to Elway and Marino.

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 11:56 PM
I'll go out on a limb and say he means something more than Jeff George had upstairs...and since he claims he can also, "He can be the best in the game"...I'm pretty sure of it.Sure, key word "can"; as I've been saying Champ has been talking about potential. One wonders how Champ would answer, "Why hasn't Culter yet reached his potential given all the offensive talent around him in Denver?"

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 11:57 PM
That's an awful lot of redaction for a guy he compares to Elway and Marino.It's this that I can't even take seriously. I mean it's like Champ is giving us clues he's talking out of his arse. "Jay Cutler is like Moses, every team could use a prophet."

footstepsfrom#27
07-08-2009, 12:01 AM
The cold facts are, the most respected guy on this team was highly complimentary of Cutler, both his physical and his mental grasp of the game, and expressed regret that he's gone.

Contrast that with the constant drumbeat in here.

It should be obvious who it makes more sense to believe.

SoCalBronco
07-08-2009, 12:02 AM
I'll go out on a limb and say he means something more than Jeff George had upstairs...and since also claims, "He can be the best in the game"...I'm pretty sure of it.

You're clearly reaching, footsteps. Obviously, "very sharp and very smart" are nothing more than run of the mill vanilla statements.

It's a cliche, almost. ROFL!

Pseudofool
07-08-2009, 12:03 AM
The cold facts are, the most respected guy on this team was highly complimentary of Cutler, both his physical and his mental grasp of the game, and expressed regret that he's gone.

Contrast that with the constant drumbeat in here.

It should be obvious who it makes more sense to believe.
When you put cold facts in a vacuum everything makes sense. Don't dismiss context surrounding Champ's interview: Chicago radio, an ex-teammate, lack of impressive replacement, his own leadership style (or lack of).

TheReverend
07-08-2009, 12:03 AM
One quick thing to note:

Champ isn't pedelling endorsements or needing to appeal to a Chicago fan base.

Him simply doing a Chicago radio show says something, so the "Chicago media" argument = invalid

Pseudofool
07-08-2009, 12:05 AM
You're clearly reaching, footsteps. Obviously, "very sharp and very smart" are nothing more than run of the mill vanilla statements.

It's a cliche, almost. ROFL!No, it's not that. It's the kind of abstract thing a smart, kind person says about a former colleague that no one can draw anything from. I'm sure Jay is very smart and sharp, but I'm not sure that will ever translate to winner given his character. To expect Champ to say as much is foolhardy.

Spider
07-08-2009, 12:06 AM
well if it helps I agree with Popps , if Champ says anything different then what he said , it ends up as bulletin board material ......... we got orton , i think he will be just fine ............

Pseudofool
07-08-2009, 12:08 AM
One quick thing to note:

Champ isn't pedelling endorsements or needing to appeal to a Chicago fan base.

Him simply doing a Chicago radio show says something, so the "Chicago media" argument = invalidIt doesn't mean it's invalid; Champ has his own image to promote. Give me a break.

Are you really suggesting that his talking to Chicago media is a hit on the Broncos. Talk about a misread. If not, what exactly does it say for Champ to do a Chicago radio interview. (Other than he gets his ego strokes, his image promoted, and it's the offseason so he fit in between soaking his feet in the pool and nap time).

SoCalBronco
07-08-2009, 12:09 AM
To expect Champ to say as much is foolhardy.

I agree.

But that general line of argument was already raised by tsiguy and rebutted. Champ could have reasonably said any number of things. It's not just black or white, all negative or all positive. He could have made a balanced statement about Jay, or said something that was truly vanilla, or used NFLspeak to dance around the issue. He chose to forego each of these three reasonable alternatives and instead gush over Jay.

TheReverend
07-08-2009, 12:10 AM
It doesn't mean it's invalid; Champ has his own image to promote. Give me a break.

Are you really suggesting that his talking to Chicago media is a hit on the Broncos. Talk about a misread. If not, what exactly does it say for Champ to do a Chicago radio interview. (Other than he gets his ego strokes, his image promoted, and it's the offseason so he fit in between soaking his feet in the pool and nap time).

No, you retard. It doesn't have anything to do with the Broncos. It does have to do with Cutler.

Champ didn't have to do that interview. In fact, he had NOTHING to gain. He did it anyways.

Spider
07-08-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey I just said I agree with Popps ........ why is this still being discussed?

Pseudofool
07-08-2009, 12:12 AM
No, you retard. It doesn't have anything to do with the Broncos. It does have to do with Cutler.

Champ didn't have to do that interview. In fact, he had NOTHING to gain. He did it anyways.Retard? Seriously? Are we chatting next to the slide? Again you said it meant something for him to talk to the Chicago Media, what does it mean, or "say" as you put it? I think it's the offseason and he happily hands his opinion out when it's solicited. And I think Champ is smart enough to play to his audience, like any savvy person.

Pseudofool
07-08-2009, 12:16 AM
I agree.

But that general line of argument was already raised by tsiguy and rebutted. Champ could have reasonably said any number of things. It's not just black or white, all negative or all positive. He could have made a balanced statement about Jay, or said something that was truly vanilla, or used NFLspeak to dance around the issue. He chose to forego each of these three reasonable alternatives and instead gush over Jay.Well, I guess I find it hard to reconcile with what some posters say about Champs private comments (which I'm unwilling to just dismiss). And I also think it says something about Champs notions of leadership, again, which I believe, leave much to be desired. Champ clearly isn't being vanilla here (I don't think I ever tried to construe Champs words to suggest mediocrity or vanillaness, rather I've been trying to read between the lines); but I'm not sure he's being straight or even if he's right in his analysis.

TheReverend
07-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Retard? Seriously? Are we chatting next to the slide? Again you said it meant something for him to talk to the Chicago Media, what does it mean, or "say" as you put it? I think it's the offseason and he happily hands his opinion out when it's solicited. And I think Champ is smart enough to play to his audience, like any savvy person.

Yes, "retard". When I say something that doesn't even mention the Broncos and you twist it into me claiming Champ is defaming them, that makes you sub-standard intelligence-wise.

How can you not understand Champ doesn't gain anything from that "audience"? In fact, he only loses valuable family time in a fleeting off-season. Why do it and especially "play to it"? Think Chicago is now rushing out to buy Champ Bailey jerseys?

footstepsfrom#27
07-08-2009, 12:17 AM
Champ didn't have to do that interview.
I think we've reached the point where no matter who says it, no matter how complimentary it is...NOTHING ever said about Jay Cutler in a positive light will be widely accepted in this forum. In fact, I think if Cutler won the Super Bowl this year and won league MVP...50% of this board would find a way to explain it away.

If the words of Champ Bailey don't suffice...nothing will.

Popps
07-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Hey I just said I agree with Popps ........ why is this still being discussed?

Yea, you bitches. Spider has spoken.

Pipe down or risk severe trachea damage.

TheReverend
07-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Yea, you b****es. Spider has spoken.

Pipe down or risk severe trachea damage.

Newer flak's come with throat protectors. Still have one. Still disagree.

Pseudofool
07-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Yes, "retard". When I say something that doesn't even mention the Broncos and you twist it into me claiming Champ is defaming them, that makes you sub-standard intelligence-wise.

How can you not understand Champ doesn't gain anything from that "audience"? In fact, he only loses valuable family time in a fleeting off-season. Why do it and especially "play to it"? Think Chicago is now rushing out to buy Champ Bailey jerseys?I was speculating, sue me. I thought you were overreaching and I jumped at it. I still think you are overarching as you haven't answered my question (I ask again below).

Now you're talking in negatives; of course Champ has nothing to gain (save a bit of general PR and good grace which I'll agree is pretty meaningless). I think all savvy people tend to play to their audience without anything in particular to gain, but that's beside the point. You said that fact that Champ gave the interview "says" something. What does it say, non-retard?

DBroncos4life
07-08-2009, 12:26 AM
I think we've reached the point where no matter who says it, no matter how complimentary it is...NOTHING ever said about Jay Cutler in a positive light will be widely accepted in this forum. In fact, I think if Cutler won the Super Bowl this year and won league MVP...50% of this board would find a way to explain it away.

If the words of Champ Bailey don't suffice...nothing will.

If he did they would say its because of Chitowns D being so good. Then the posters that still like Jay would comeback and well that's what we tried to say that if we had given Jay a D in Denver we would have won, but I'm sure they would comeback and say nope because Jay had a poor red zone % and isn't a leader.

TheReverend
07-08-2009, 12:27 AM
I was speculating, sue me. I thought you were overreaching and I jumped at it. I still think you are overarching as you haven't answered my question (I ask again below).

Now you're talking in negatives; of course Champ has nothing to gain (save a bit of general PR and good grace which I'll agree is pretty meaningless). I think all savvy people tend to play to their audience without anything in particular to gain, but that's beside the point. You said that fact that Champ gave the interview "says" something. What does it say, non-retard?

It says he's genuine about saying positive things toward Cutler. Period.

TheReverend
07-08-2009, 12:29 AM
If he did they would say its because of Chitowns D being so good. Then the posters that still like Jay would comeback and well that's what we tried to say that if we had given Jay a D in Denver we would have won, but I'm sure they would comeback and say nope because Jay had a poor red zone % and isn't a leader.

No, that part would be Shanahan revisionist history. They'd say "Shanahan can't build a D" despite a career record that says otherwise.

DBroncos4life
07-08-2009, 12:30 AM
No, that part would be Shanahan revisionist history. They'd say "Shanahan can't build a D" despite a career record that says otherwise.

Awe there is always that LOL

Pseudofool
07-08-2009, 12:33 AM
It says he's genuine about saying positive things toward Cutler. Period.What?? JFC. So because he talks to the Chicago Media it means that he must have genuinely positive things to say? What are we in a Pollyanna film? Dude, I tend to think that, yeah, Champ thinks Cutler's skills set is the tops; but I'm also savvy enough to realize that he's not about to throw his ex-teammate under the bus in the Chicago media, however much he might want to. Have you no nuance man?

TheReverend
07-08-2009, 12:36 AM
What?? JFC. So because he talks to the Chicago Media it means that he must have genuinely positive things to say? What are we in a Pollyanna film? Dude, I tend to think that, yeah, Champ thinks Cutler's skills set is the tops; but I'm also savvy enough to realize that he's not about to throw his ex-teammate under the bus in the Chicago media, however much he might want to. Have you no nuance man?

Do you think Champ is an idiot?

Chicago station... hmmmm, what would they ask a Bronco about??????

If he doesn't like Jay he says, "Sorry, I'm busy" and doesn't do an interview. He has no agenda. Nothing to promote. No energy drinks to peddle. No Chicago fans to win over.

How that's beyond you, is... well... beyond me.

FireFly
07-08-2009, 12:36 AM
Or, maybe Champ has too much class to call him out.

Of course Quitler could be one of the best. He's got immense physical talent.

This is a news-flash to you?

Champ stated the obvious, played it safe and avoided controversy. Typical Champ. Classy, smart.

He also said the team would move on. He probably should have advised that some fans do the same.

This is exactly what happened. Champ simply has too much class and smarts to be drawn into any battle of words. I mean why would he cause trouble for himself. Anything negative he said would be repeated to Cutler in his next interview, Cutler wouldn't let it lie of course, would respond and BAM media explosion! Champ doesn't want that, so he gave the company line.

Pseudofool
07-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Do you think Champ is an idiot?

Chicago station... hmmmm, what would they ask a Bronco about??????

If he doesn't like Jay he says, "Sorry, I'm busy" and doesn't do an interview. He has no agenda. Nothing to promote. No energy drinks to peddle. No Chicago fans to win over.

How that's beyond you, is... well... beyond me.There's any number of speculative unknown reasons why Champ takes the interview beyond liking Jay. Give me break. And have a nice sleep cuddling your Jay Culter teddy bear; I'm off to bed, though I think there's much to said and many to be slapped straight in this conversation. Best.

ZONA
07-08-2009, 01:06 AM
People here can be so funny. Read into this what you want. What else was Champ gonna say, "I think the dude is a real a$$ hat and a bum and I think he's going to fail big time in Chicago". Yeah, that's so him. lol.

And alot of players have said "like Marino or Elway" about other QB's when they were younger and they didn't turn out to be anything close.

Champs just staying positive and upbeat. I'm sure he thinks Cutler has alot of skills and hopes he does well but I wouldn't read much more into this then a good classy guy giving another guy some props. Happens all the time.

maher_tyler
07-08-2009, 01:21 AM
Just imagine if Champ would have called out Cutler and insinuated that it was a good move to trade him and stated he was a poor leader....the anti-Cutler camp would be throwing a party right now.

If we dont get it in gear QUICK...its not that far fetched and i wouldn't blame him in the least..he's to good of a player to sit around in re-build mode

FireFly
07-08-2009, 01:55 AM
If we dont get it in gear QUICK...its not that far fetched and i wouldn't blame him in the least..he's to good of a player to sit around in re-build mode

I agree, but he comes with a very high price tag and his production is going to be in decline. I'd be suprised if we were able to get what we considered a fair exchange given the intangables he brings to the table for us now or in the future.

McDaniels would recognise this, and Champ doesn't seem like the type to make a big fuss and force his way out of town.

chrisp
07-08-2009, 06:10 AM
People here can be so funny. Read into this what you want. What else was Champ gonna say, "I think the dude is a real a$$ hat and a bum and I think he's going to fail big time in Chicago". Yeah, that's so him. lol.

And alot of players have said "like Marino or Elway" about other QB's when they were younger and they didn't turn out to be anything close.

Champs just staying positive and upbeat. I'm sure he thinks Cutler has alot of skills and hopes he does well but I wouldn't read much more into this then a good classy guy giving another guy some props. Happens all the time.

Thanks for posting - saved me the trouble..

Really people...anyone who thinks that we can read anything into these comments has really been spending too much time on the mane this offseason. Seriously.

Switch off the computer and go for a walk. Clear your head. Maybe talk to your partner or family and see what they've been up to the past six months...

OK I'm kidding...but only slightly. We really won't know what's going on untill we've seen the team play a few real games. We may stink, we may go to the superbowl, we may be mediochre......anyone who thinks they KNOW what's going to happen one way or another is an idiot. Calm down and wait for the real football to start...

(and I don't mean the preseason in case you were wondering.... ;-) )

TonyR
07-08-2009, 08:14 AM
This would be the same Champ who claimed that Simeon Rice was an outstanding signing, and personally vouched for him?

Seriously, not to mention his brother Boss. Some of the dopes here are ready to put Champ in charge of talent evaluation. Ridiculous.

TonyR
07-08-2009, 08:18 AM
When you put cold facts in a vacuum everything makes sense. Don't dismiss context surrounding Champ's interview: Chicago radio, an ex-teammate, lack of impressive replacement, his own leadership style (or lack of).

Very good point. I don't think Champ would have said something negative in any market but most people are going to lean even more positive towards the market they're in. I listen to a lot of sports talk radio and hear it all the time. I think Champ would be a lot more neutral answering similar questions from the Denver media.

colonelbeef
07-08-2009, 08:25 AM
Sounds like Champ thinks trading Cutler was as stupid of a move as I thought it was.

qft.

It was the single dumbest thing the Broncos have ever done as an organization.

Popps, are you going to argue with Champ Bailey now?

Edit- Popps is trying to disavow Champs' statement- which clearly state how he felt Jay Cutler was a leader of the team and blossoming superstar QB with talents unmatched in the league- and make as though he was just being nice?

LOL ROFL! Hilarious!

footstepsfrom#27
07-08-2009, 08:34 AM

On a long list of stupid things you say...this moves to the top of the heap. Do you seriously think because Bailey didn't forsee what Rice had left in the tank...only 1 year after coming off a 14 sack performance but having missed half a season with injuries the next year...that he's somehow less informed that you are? LOL Yeah...you make sense...really you do. I mean all he did was face Cutler in practice every day, whereas you had the benefit of watching on TV.

Memo to Champ...Telluride on the Orange Mane says you can't tell whose good and whose not. Just thought you'd want to know.

Champ vs. Telluride. Hmmmm...I pick Champ.

TheReverend
07-08-2009, 09:04 AM
Very good point. I don't think Champ would have said something negative in any market but most people are going to lean even more positive towards the market they're in. I listen to a lot of sports talk radio and hear it all the time. I think Champ would be a lot more neutral answering similar questions from the Denver media.

Tell me one thing: Why do the interview?

Do you think he's dim enough to think that a Chicago station wanted to talk to him about his recovery from injury? Mike Nolan's D? The way he approaches film?

No... nothing about Champ seems stupid. He's not Ladanian Tomlinson in an interview babbling near incoherently, using big words from his word of the day calendar where they absolutely don't belong. He knows they're going to ask him about one thing that has nothing to do with him, without promoting anything, and still did the interview and was extremely complimentary.

rbackfactory80
07-08-2009, 09:10 AM
I was more interested in comments about his brother.

Beantown Bronco
07-08-2009, 09:10 AM

WRONG.

That was Lynch.

Pseudofool
07-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Because he totally wants to tell the world how much he admires and misses Cutler. I mean, clearly, as soon as a rep from a chicago radio station called for an interview, Champ thought, "Here's my chance to finally be honest! I can only hope Jay himself is listening!"

TonyR
07-08-2009, 09:29 AM

Why? I'd ask why not? Why does any player or coach do interviews? It's part of the job, almost everybody does it. But whenever you hear an opposing coach or player on Philly sports talk radio, for example, you're almost always going to get positive comments about the Philly players. These guys generally aren't looking to cause controversy in these fluff local market interviews.

Again, I don't think Champ was necessarily "lying" and I don't think he would have said anything overtly negative regardless of market. I just think some people are making way, way too much out of what he said. Champ's comments don't make the decision to trade Jay Cutler any worse or better, and they don't make him any better or worse of a QB.

footstepsfrom#27
07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
WRONG.

That was Lynch.
Wow...sucker punched then pinned to the mat. ;D

TonyR
07-08-2009, 10:39 AM
WRONG.

That was Lynch.

Which makes sense with them being teammates in TB.

Regardless, this doesn't change the fact that Champ's talent evaluation skills don't change anything. His comparison of Cutler to Elway and Marino doesn't make him any more or less so. Why does anyone care so much?

mr007
07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I think it's funny when someone as respected as Champ blatantly compliments and quite obviously regrets losing Cutler some people here spin it as if he wasn't being genuine.

When someone does an interview, if they aren't being genuine, they don't go and say the comments Champ said about them.

In fact, I would like to see ONE link where teammates have ever publicly questioned Cutler.

mr007
07-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Ohh and for the people who are like "OHHH WOW what else was Champ gonna say????"

Well, for starters, he did not have to go and say we lost someone who he thinks can be one of the best in the game or compare that person to Elway or Marino. He could have simply said, he was a good Quarterback and we're really gonna miss him. How freakin' blind do you have to be to see he's going above and beyond in his praise of Jay.

azbroncfan
07-08-2009, 11:10 AM

azbroncfan vs. Champ Bailey...hmmm...I pick Champ.

Again more talk of Cutler compared to Elway or Marino even though his on and off field play has resembled George. How do you not know that George was a smart guy too?

DBroncos4life
07-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Again more talk of Cutler compared to Elway or Marino even though his on and off field play has resembled George. How do you not know that George was a smart guy too?

Funny it took George five NFL seasons to pass for over 20 Tds, Jay did it in two. It took George five NFL seasons to pass for over 3000 yards, Jay did it in two. It took George five NFL seasons to have a comp % over 60, Jay did it in two.

Maybe you get the point.

watermock
07-08-2009, 11:26 AM
Which makes sense with them being teammates in TB.

Regardless, this doesn't change the fact that Champ's talent evaluation skills don't change anything. His comparison of Cutler to Elway and Marino doesn't make him any more or less so. Why does anyone care so much?

Several reasons.

First he's a HOF player that came to Denver to win a ring, like Lynch.

Second, Denver didn't STEAL him at all, he was franchised and we gave up Portis. He's got a monster contract BM could only dream of.

Third, he's injured, why make inflamitory statements? He still has to prove he's recovered from a SERIOUS injury.

And finally, what talent evaluation skills do you want? McBeavis'? with his 100 player card?

As much as this board sucks Champ's balls, yould think his word was gospel.

To me, I see disolusionment. He sees NO RING.

I seriusly doubt he's here next year, and his comment cement that opinion.

azbroncfan
07-08-2009, 11:43 AM
Funny it took George five NFL seasons to pass for over 20 Tds, Jay did it in two. It took George five NFL seasons to pass for over 3000 yards, Jay did it in two. It took George five NFL seasons to have a comp % over 60, Jay did it in two.

Maybe you get the point.

Jay played on a much better team. You show me a QB that was drafted #1 overall that played good right out of the gate? I can only think of one recently and that was last year. BTW George had 60 percent completion percentage his second year and was only 90 yds short of 3000. We will see how Jay does now playing in the cold winters of Chicago with no OL or WR's. I'll bet he is in the race for most fumbles.

watermock
07-08-2009, 11:55 AM
Cutler plays well in bad weather, optimum for Da Bears.

Fail.

BroncoBuff
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
People here can be so funny. Read into this what you want. What else was Champ gonna say, "I think the dude is a real a$$ hat and a bum and I think he's going to fail big time in Chicago"
What else is Champ gonna say? Well, he could have made some vanilla comment like, "I wish him well, but we have to concentrate on our own team now."

But he didn't do that.

Instead, he praised Cutler's leadership,

said he regretted losing him,

said he was "sure" Cutler will win alot of games,

and compared Jay to John Elway.

Only thing to read into that is massive praise and admiration. If you "read into that" anything else, you're either kidding yourself, or you don't care much for John Elway.

DBroncos4life
07-08-2009, 11:57 AM
Jay played on a much better team. You show me a QB that was drafted #1 overall that played good right out of the gate? I can only think of one recently and that was last year. BTW George had 60 percent completion percentage his second year and was only 90 yds short of 3000. We will see how Jay does now playing in the cold winters of Chicago with no OL or WR's. I'll bet he is in the race for most fumbles.

Most of them got better way before their 5th NFL season as did Jay Cutler. Guys like Carson Palmer, Drew Bledsoe, Peyton Manning and so on should much improvement during the second season as did Cutler. How about Jeff George?

BroncoBuff
07-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Jay played on a much better team.

Yeah, that's it. Remember, he really sucked when he played for Vander-freaking-bilt. :clown:

watermock
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Most of them got better way before their 5th NFL season as did Jay Cutler.

Huh? Cutler has 2.5 seasons under his belt.

Hell almost the entire offense was young.

BroncoBuff
07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Seriously, no to mention his brother Boss.

That would've been very interesting.

Maybe he's upset about Boss, and because his place here is so safe here, he
decided to gush about Jay - to tweak the new regime ???

Actually, that makes sense. Champ gushing over Jay seems odd ... even I
wouldn't compare him to John Elway.

DBroncos4life
07-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Huh? Cutler has 2.5 seasons under his belt.

Hell almost the entire offense was young.

sorry Cutler got better before his 5th NFL season unlike George.

azbroncfan
07-08-2009, 12:12 PM
sorry Cutler got better before his 5th NFL season unlike George.

Except he can't win and forced a trade like George.

azbroncfan
07-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Most of them got better way before their 5th NFL season as did Jay Cutler. Guys like Carson Palmer, Drew Bledsoe, Peyton Manning and so on should much improvement during the second season as did Cutler. How about Jeff George?

Yep by using you stat arguing logic they must all be better than Elway since they put up much better numbers.

tsiguy96
07-08-2009, 12:24 PM
That would've been very interesting.

Maybe he's upset about Boss, and because his place here is so safe here, he
decided to gush about Jay - to tweak the new regime ???

Actually, that makes sense. Champ gushing over Jay seems odd ... even I
wouldn't compare him to John Elway.

boss made almost 8 million dollars i his time here, he CERTAINLY was not mad about coming here.

Beantown Bronco
07-08-2009, 12:26 PM
boss made almost 8 million dollars i his time here, he CERTAINLY was not mad about coming here.

Look at the bright side: he only made about $200,000 per time that he was carried off the field.

footstepsfrom#27
07-08-2009, 12:46 PM
Jeff George notched a 10 on his Wonderlic...4 points higher than a tomato, which is about what it tood to produce this astute observation.

azbroncfan
07-08-2009, 12:51 PM
Jeff George notched a 10 on his Wonderlic...4 points higher than a tomato, which is about what it tood to produce this astute observation.

Wow he couldn't even put his name on the test.

BroncoBuff
07-08-2009, 12:54 PM

Not hating on Plummer here, I don't know what he scored,
but I do know the criteria to get into Arizona State: a
functional pulse, warm body, and a signature on the app.

DBroncos4life
07-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Yep by using you stat arguing logic they must all be better than Elway since they put up much better numbers.

Over there first three years in the NFL? If you don't think that Manning has made a case to be talked about as one the best QBs of all-time I don't know what to tell you. Bledsoe went on to have a pretty good NFL career. Over time age slowed him down even more and still his career was a million times better then Jeff Georges. Palmers career is far from a bust. If he can regain form then he will still be one of the top QB's in the game right now.

I think you fail to understand just how bad George was in the NFL. He would have a good year every now and again but that's it. Cutler is already way ahead of Georges career.

rastaman
07-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Except he can't win and forced a trade like George.

Cutler had a lousy defense and 7 RB's all suffering season ending injuries in 08 and in 07, he played behind an injury riddled young Offensive line and once again a lousy porous Defense! Neither, the Manning's, Rothlesberger, Warner, Bradey would have difficulty establishing winning records in 07 and 08 had they been in Culter's shoes.

There is nothing wrong with forcing a trade either, after all the NFL is a Business! Cutler was just using his business leverage.

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 08:41 PM
No, it's not that. It's the kind of abstract thing a smart, kind person says about a former colleague that no one can draw anything from. I'm sure Jay is very smart and sharp, but I'm not sure that will ever translate to winner given his character. To expect Champ to say as much is foolhardy.
"Abstract"?! I'm sorry dude, I like you, but all the "vanilla" types in here ... there's something missing between your ears. Champ practically proposed to the kid.

"Vanilla" or "abstract" are about the last word to describe Champ's quotes ... strange that people don't get that.

Like they say .... denial is not just a river in Egypt.

BroncoBuff
07-10-2009, 08:47 PM
"Hes definitely in the top 10 (quarterbacks) as far as what hes done to this point,'' Bailey said. "He can be the best in the game, he has that ability. The guys very smart, very sharp, a good arm; he has all the stuff youd want. He reminds me of a Marino, Elway type of guy, and hes going to be a great winner for them. Its unfortunate for us that we had to lose a guy like that.

Bailey was asked if he ever questioned Cutler as a leader. "No, not at all, thats one thing about him, hes not a shouter, but when he gets upset and he knows weve got to get going he opens his mouth. I appreciate that from him, Id rather have a guy that leads by example than a guy that talks all the time.''

Have you guys actually READ this stuff or what?

For heaven's sake, it's a love letter ... READ THAT QUOTE, and stop embarrasing yourselves with "vanilla" comparisons.

tsiguy96
07-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Cutler had a lousy defense and 7 RB's all suffering season ending injuries in 08 and in 07, he played behind an injury riddled young Offensive line and once again a lousy porous Defense! Neither, the Manning's, Rothlesberger, Warner, Bradey would have difficulty establishing winning records in 07 and 08 had they been in Culter's shoes.

There is nothing wrong with forcing a trade either, after all the NFL is a Business! Cutler was just using his business leverage.

theres something wrong if you force a trade off of the team taht i cheer for. suck it cutler :strong:
^5

Atlas
07-11-2009, 01:12 AM
How would he know? ;D

Exactly, what qualifies him to judge Cutler. Does he read the Mane?

rbackfactory80
07-11-2009, 08:19 AM
I thought the Jake Plummer thing would never end. This finally puts an end to it. As far as the new or should I say most recent saga, take your time guys this will be going on for years. No matter what your point of view he is gone and is not coming back.

broncocalijohn
07-11-2009, 10:56 AM
Calling Cutler a top 10 guy isnt news breaking. He does have the potential to be up there with Marino and Elway. I dont quite put him there but he is a talent. I just always thought he had issues and now everyone sees them since Cutler pissed them off. It happened and Ive moved on. I do enjoy a new drunk photo of Cutler now and then.