PDA

View Full Version : Entourage

supermanhr9
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Does anyone know anyone who is part of a real life entourage, like the show Entourage?

I love watching that show, but it makes me wanna be part of a real life entourage more than anything in the world.

Beantown Bronco
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I don't have an Entourage, but I do have a Wolf Pack.

Smiling Assassin27
07-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know anyone who is part of a real life entourage, like the show Entourage?

I love watching that show, but it makes me wanna be part of a real life entourage more than anything in the world.

My 9 year old daughter is the same with Hannah Montana.. :welcome:

Ratboy
07-07-2009, 02:27 PM

This this wolf pack start out as 1? Ha!

supermanhr9
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
can I join the Lone wolf pack, then there can be two, then maybe three or four?

Great movie, quite hilarious.

supermanhr9
07-07-2009, 02:29 PM
My 9 year old daughter is the same with Hannah Montana.. :welcome:

How weird, Peoples champ does the same thing! just kidding. I would want to be Turtle. He does absolutely nothing and still gets to party.

cmhargrove
07-07-2009, 02:35 PM
'Back in the day' when an entourage used to be a 'Posse'

"Me and Kid Sensation, at home away from home, in the black Benz limo with the cellular phone..."

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n13K5BWZBP4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n13K5BWZBP4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ghwk
07-07-2009, 02:37 PM

That's effing pathetic. Stand up and earn your own way through life.

Baba Booey
07-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Instead of being in an Entourage I'd rather be Ari Gold.

I guess an Entourage/Wolf Pack is just your close group of friends that you go out with or whatever.

For example: Jay Cutler and Greg Olsen = two-man Wolf Pack. Then maybe a little ways into the season, Brian Urlacher and Hunter Hillenmeyer can join their Wolf Pack. And then, what started off as a two-man Wolf Pack will become four. Four wolves, roaming the Chicago desert, looking for strippers and cocaine.

Los Broncos
07-07-2009, 02:40 PM
I don't but I did stay in a Holiday Express Inn last night.

supermanhr9
07-07-2009, 02:42 PM

whoa, settle down now, your making yourself look pathetic. you know you'd join one if your closest buddy was suddenly famous and rich.

PRBronco
07-07-2009, 02:48 PM
My buddy was an extra in Angels and Demons (he was a swiss guard with no lines!) and he paid for pizza last weekend, so I like to think I'm in his entourage.

ColoradoDarin
07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXkE1tML5W0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BXkE1tML5W0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Garcia Bronco
07-07-2009, 03:14 PM

The show is loosely based on the exploits of Mark Whalberg and his brother Donnie

Peoples Champ
07-07-2009, 03:45 PM

That is pathetic. If you were to poll the US, 99% of the people would vote to work and earn their living. You are part of the 1% that would rather get tonz of money and have to do nothing but have fun. What a shame superman.

Hogan11
07-07-2009, 03:52 PM

I don't have an Entourage...I'm part of a crew :thumbsup:

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 04:39 PM
The show is loosely based on the exploits of Mark Whalberg and his brother Donnie
Thar ya' go, cowboy :pimp:

And Ari Gold is based, quite literally, on Ari Emanuel, the CAA firebrand and brother of Obama Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 04:41 PM
The real Ari ...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/11/17/timestopics/ari_395.jpg

OABB
07-07-2009, 04:41 PM

If you want to be a hangers-on and feast of the talent of others why don't you just become an agent.

Archer81
07-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Show entourage bugs me. Not sure why.

:Broncos:

OABB
07-07-2009, 04:47 PM

also, if you really love that show, you might want to ingest an entire bottle of aspirin and wash it down with some hemlock tea.

OABB
07-07-2009, 04:47 PM

you have taste?

Archer81
07-07-2009, 04:48 PM
you have taste?

That may be it.

broncosteven
07-07-2009, 07:10 PM
My pretend Entourage is Me, Gene, Glen Lunney, Sy Liebergot, we make Guenter Wendt bring the beer. We drive over to Chris Crafts place in our maserati's (Guenter has to bum a ride because he doesn't have one) and kick his ass until he tells us how much we rock.

We spend a couple hours calling the Russians reminding them that we won the moon race.

Then we go drink Appletinies with Gene Cernan.

I real life I hang with the wife and kids, but when I close my eyes...

bronco_boi_5280
07-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Can't wait for Sunday.

Entourage is great. VINNIE CHASE!

broncosteven
07-07-2009, 07:23 PM
My pretend Entourage is Me, Gene, Glen Lunney, Sy Liebergot, we make Guenter Wendt bring the beer. We drive over to Chris Crafts place in our maserati's (Guenter has to bum a ride because he doesn't have one) and kick his ass until he tells us how much we rock.

We spend a couple hours calling the Russians reminding them that we won the moon race.

Then we go drink Appletinies with Gene Cernan.

I real life I hang with the wife and kids, but when I close my eyes...

Every now and then we have Jim Lovell call Sy and say "Houston weve had a problem, we are venting gas into space" at which point he farts into the phone and hangs up.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I usually have a surgery and/or family practice resident along with a medical student on my service. The hospital pharmacist usually comes along with us on rounds, as does the charge nurse. It looks like (and has been called) my entourage. That seems unprofessional to me, and I refuse to allow that term to be bandied about. "My Bitches" is the proper term.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Can't wait for Sunday.

Now wait .... they left off in the desert?

Or back in Queens?

broncosteven
07-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I usually have a surgery and/or family practice resident along with a medical student on my service. The hospital pharmacist usually comes along with us on rounds, as does the charge nurse. It looks like (and has been called) my entourage. That seems unprofessional to me, and I refuse to allow that term to be bandied about. "My b****es" is the proper term.

Technically at my last job there were 4 of us that went to lunch everyday. The fat guy ate off my plate and what ever I didn't finish. We had a 20something guy who we all wanted to live vicarously through but he never got laid.

We still meet for lunch when I am out that way.

bronco_boi_5280
07-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Now wait .... they left off in the desert?

Or back in Queens?

In Queens. Vince just got cast into that Scorcesi (sp?) picture. I think it's an adaptation of The Great Gadsby, set in Queens.

And Turtle is boning Meadow Soprano. Love me some Meadow.

broncosteven
07-07-2009, 07:45 PM
In Queens. Vince just got cast into that Scorcesi (sp?) picture. I think it's an adaptation of The Great Gadsby, set in Queens.

And Turtle is boning Meadow Soprano. Love me some Meadow.

It's "The Great GATSBY".

bronco_boi_5280
07-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Damnit! Thanks. I thought it might be a "T" but I wasn't sure and didn't feel like Googling.

broncosteven
07-07-2009, 08:05 PM
Damnit! Thanks. I thought it might be a "T" but I wasn't sure and didn't feel like Googling.

I reread it last winter, awesome book.

Redford played Jay in the 1974 movie. I thought it was very faithful to the book.

rugbythug
07-07-2009, 09:32 PM
My Entourage
Criss Angel
The Amazing Jonathan
Wayne Brady
Mickey Tutel

supermanhr9
07-08-2009, 06:08 AM
yeah This season will be cool. Thank god for TIVO

Peoples Champ
07-08-2009, 06:16 AM
Can't wait for Sunday.

Me either,

Its already on my DVR

TonyR
07-08-2009, 06:23 AM

The first two seasons were fantastic. Just great stuff. If you haven't seen them check them out and you may feel a little differently. It's started to go mostly downhill since then, but I loved the first two seasons so much I can't let go. I keep hoping they recapture some of the old magic but realize it's not going to happen.

One of the biggest problems I think a lot of people have with the show is that they miscast the main characters (I've heard that at the outset they didn't have very high hopes for the show so they didn't spend much $ on talent). Vincent and Eric in particular aren't really "cool" enough to pull off what they're supposed to be in the show.

supermanhr9
07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
i think they're pretty cool.

Peoples Champ
07-08-2009, 07:30 AM
i think they are cool to, i think the show is just right.

supermanhr9
07-08-2009, 09:07 AM
it makes it realistic they look like average guys to me

TonyR
07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
i think they are cool to, i think the show is just right.

Don't get me wrong, I like the show. Absolutely loved the first two seasons, so much that I bought both seasons on DVD. But to me it hasn't been nearly as good since.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
07-08-2009, 10:32 AM
The real Ari ...

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2008/11/17/timestopics/ari_395.jpg

He's just as sexy as Jeremy Piven.

BroncoBuff
07-08-2009, 10:37 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like the show. Absolutely loved the first two seasons, so much that I bought both seasons on DVD. But to me it hasn't been nearly as good since.

I agree. Their first two seasons were so successful, they got kinda "cute-sie" after that.

Peoples Champ
07-08-2009, 10:43 AM

I agree, the first two seasons are the best. But the show is still good, and every one ends with me cant waiting for the next episode. No other show I see on TV ends as good as Entourage.

broncosteven
07-08-2009, 11:01 AM
The first two seasons were fantastic. Just great stuff. If you haven't seen them check them out and you may feel a little differently. It's started to go mostly downhill since then, but I loved the first two seasons so much I can't let go. I keep hoping they recapture some of the old magic but realize it's not going to happen.

One of the biggest problems I think a lot of people have with the show is that they miscast the main characters (I've heard that at the outset they didn't have very high hopes for the show so they didn't spend much $ on talent). Vincent and Eric in particular aren't really "cool" enough to pull off what they're supposed to be in the show.

I have seen the show on DVD, I don't think "Eric" is even a decent actor but he is the part now.

I have seen him in some other movie and he really cannot act but give the guy rep for getting work and trying.

BroncoBuff
07-08-2009, 11:07 AM
I have seen the show on DVD, I don't think "Eric" is even a decent actor but he is the part now.

Don't care for him either. After the first season, he went bitch*** to some
reporter that the producers "lied to him," and that the show was supposed to
have centered around his character.

broncosteven
07-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Don't care for him either. After the first season, he went b******* to some

Maybe it works so well because it is his real life?

supermanhr9
07-08-2009, 11:11 AM
Don't care for him either. After the first season, he went b******* to some

no way, that would have made for bad TV there. PLus as I see it, each character gets his fair share in the spotlight,,, even Turtle.

I agree w/ Peoples Champ, no show ends as good as Entourage, except the Sopranos, however that show is DQ'd from the convo due to the series being over, 5th saddest day in my life.

supermanhr9
07-08-2009, 11:11 AM
What I'm hoping for is to see more of sloan next season!! haha

TonyR
07-08-2009, 11:21 AM
What I'm hoping for is to see more of sloan next season!!

I'm a fan of Emmanuelle Chriqui as well, but she creates one of the issues I mentioned: Eric wouldn't have any shot at her in the "real world". Not only is she hot but she has a rich daddy. Why would she even look at Eric? I suppose being attached to a movie star gives one some cred, but I don't think nearly enough to land the likes of her.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
07-08-2009, 01:28 PM
I'm a fan of Emmanuelle Chriqui as well, but she creates one of the issues I mentioned: Eric wouldn't have any shot at her in the "real world". Not only is she hot but she has a rich daddy. Why would she even look at Eric? I suppose being attached to a movie star gives one some cred, but I don't think nearly enough to land the likes of her.

You're right. Emmanuelle Chiqui is a Jewish princess. No way would her family support her boning some Irish stiff.

Emmanuelle needs a Hebrew daddy like me who has a big fat pot of gold.

DBroncos4life
07-08-2009, 01:33 PM
You're right. Emmanuelle Chiqui is a Jewish princess. No way would her family support her boning some Irish stiff.

Emmanuelle needs a Hebrew daddy like me who has a big fat pot of gold.

is it in a bag around your neck?

SportinOne
07-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Entourage...

The only good thing about entourage is that it's on a channel that I don't pay for.

SportinOne
07-08-2009, 01:35 PM
is it in a bag around your neck?

Hahahahahahaha.

YES

TDmvp
07-08-2009, 01:38 PM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9463/sksvj8.gif

And so does that show and the people in it ... In a just world Jeremy Piven would get raped by a 15in dick with aids ...

ghwk
07-08-2009, 02:22 PM
whoa, settle down now, your making yourself look pathetic. you know you'd join one if your closest buddy was suddenly famous and rich.

I might but i was reacting more to the "it's my goal in life" part of the post. It's not a goal of mine.

OABB
07-08-2009, 02:22 PM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9463/sksvj8.gif

And so does that show and the people in it ... In a just world Jeremy Piven would get raped by a 15in dick with aids ...

and with that, you are once again my favorite poster!

ghwk
07-08-2009, 02:24 PM
What I'm hoping for is to see more of sloan next season!! haha

Now that I will agree with you about.

supermanhr9
07-08-2009, 02:45 PM
Now that I will agree with you about.

I knew you couldn't hate on me for too long man? hahaha.

BroncoBuff
07-08-2009, 03:33 PM
In a just world Jeremy Piven would get raped by a 15in dick with aids ...

Wow ... I think Piven's 'Ari Gold' is maybe the best character I've ever seen in a TV show. Ever.

I guess great minds can differ in matters of tast ... ;D

TonyR
07-08-2009, 04:50 PM
Wow ... I think Piven's 'Ari Gold' is maybe the best character I've ever seen in a TV show. Ever.

Ari Gold is a great character and Piven is excellent in the role. If he's not the highest paid actor on that show than either he's underpaid or somebody else is over paid.

bronco_boi_5280
07-08-2009, 05:07 PM
LOL @ hating on Piven.

Piven > You fagbots.

And not just for Entourage. He's basically awesome in everything he's in.

Garcia Bronco
07-08-2009, 06:21 PM
LOL @ hating on Piven.

Piven > You fagbots.

And not just for Entourage. He's basically awesome in everything he's in.

A few bit parts aside, I agree. I love the scene in PCU when he's handing out the papers to the other students in his den.

TDmvp
07-08-2009, 06:31 PM
A few bit parts aside, I agree. I love the scene in PCU when he's handing out the papers to the other students in his den.

I think Pcu might be the only movie I like he's in ... And he is very good in it .
But to me he always just plays Jeremy Piven . Same guy every movie , Pcu to Entourage to Smoken Aces ...

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 08:51 AM

Gotta disagree. The show didn't really start to get rolling until season three, IMO.

Ari Gold is one of the strongest characters on the show, IMO, and Ari wasn't featured as prominently in the first season as he was in subsequent seasons.

Speaking of Ari Gold, Piven definitely deserves all of those awards he's received for that show - and then some.

Funniest sh*t I've seen in ages.

Can't wait for season 7! :~ohyah!:

L.A. BRONCOS FAN
05-25-2010, 08:54 AM
you have taste?

Or he's a provincial-minded yokel?

hookemhess
05-25-2010, 09:00 AM
That is pathetic. If you were to poll the US, 99% of the people would vote to work and earn their living. You are part of the 1% that would rather get tonz of money and have to do nothing but have fun. What a shame superman.

I take pride in my career and all....but "get tonz of money and have to do nothing but have fun." That sounds fantastic.

TonyR
05-25-2010, 09:45 AM
Gotta disagree. The show didn't really start to get rolling until season three, IMO.

Ari Gold is one of the strongest characters on the show, IMO, and Ari wasn't featured as prominently in the first season as he was in subsequent seasons.

Wow, I think a preponderance of both fans and critics would strongly disagree with you. First time I've ever heard someone suggest that any season after the first two are better than the first two. Ari has become more of a force because the show has gotten weaker and requires that the best talent carry it. I still enjoy the show but it's not nearly as good or fresh as the first two seasons. But each is entitled to his opinion, of course.

RhymesayersDU
05-25-2010, 11:18 AM
Something LABF and I agree on. I love me some Entourage.

Love Ari, love the guys, love all the good looking gals on there. Love the whole scene/show.

OABB
05-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Or he's a provincial-minded yokel?

No, he said he didn't like the show.

Baba Booey
05-25-2010, 12:14 PM
I love Entourage and watch it religiously every Sunday during the new season.

However, I'd have to say Ari and Drama save the show. Vince, E, and Turtle are so incredibly lame at some points it's almost unbearable.

toad
05-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Love some Entourage w/o a doubt....funny thing is I really disliked Jeremy Piven until I got into the show (I think Ari is a great character).

Piven had this special on, I believe, the Travel Channel a few years back where he was exploring eastern philosophy/religion and he just came across really bad in that special (self-absorbed, etc).

BroncoBuff
05-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Real life? The show is based on Mark Wahlberg's career and experiences ... many of the storylines and guest stars recount real events.

'Johnny Drama' is of course based on Markie's real life brother Donnie, who was in Hollywood first, but had his career eclipsed by Markie later.

So Entourage itself is based on real life.

BroncoBuff
05-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Speaking of Ari Gold, Piven definitely deserves all of those awards he's received for that show - and then some.

Funniest sh*t I've seen in ages.

Can't wait for season 7! :~ohyah!:

Ari might be my all-time favorite TV character .... Piven is WAY awesome.

BTW, Ari Gold's character is based almost entirely on Obama chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel's brother Ari Emanuel ... a real-life insane, cutthroat Hollywood agent.

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
05-25-2010, 02:48 PM
I personally like Californication more than Entourage. David Duchovny is not a butt pirate like Adrian Grenier.

broncosteven
05-25-2010, 03:07 PM
I love Entourage and watch it religiously every Sunday during the new season.

However, I'd have to say Ari and Drama save the show. Vince, E, and Turtle are so incredibly lame at some points it's almost unbearable.

I agree it is the guy who is really working who brings the most to the show. The others skate by on a few acting gigs trying to look like they are important.

I don't like Piven much but this part is perfect for him.

ShutDownPoster
05-25-2010, 06:03 PM
I know Ray Lewis' entourage murders people, and Big Ben's entourage rapes people.