PDA

View Full Version : Training Camp Schedule and info

BigPlayShay
07-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Interesting that they will be holding evening practices...

Daily Schedule: Days in which the Broncos will hold two practices begin with a morning practice scheduled from approximately 8:45-10:30 a.m. and an evening practice scheduled from approximately 5:30-7:30 p.m. On days featuring only one session, the club is set to practice from approximately 2:30-4:30 p.m. Gates for morning, afternoon and evening practices will be open starting one hour before the session begins.Practice times and dates are subject to change without notice.

Stadium Practice: The Broncos will hold one open practice for the public at INVESCO Field at Mile High on Thursday, Aug. 6, beginning at 6:30 p.m. The entire team will be available to sign autographs for fans after practice.

This is also an interesting note that affects the mane "reporters":

Cell Phone Activity: Cell phone activity of any kind by fans is prohibited inside ticketed areas during training camp practices. This includes calls, text messaging and live blogging as well as transmissions to social networking sites (Twitter, MySpace, Facebook). Cell phone activity is allowed outside the field areas.

More: http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9136

Kaylore
07-07-2009, 11:02 AM
The cell phone rule isn't a new one.

BigPlayShay
07-07-2009, 11:08 AM
The cell phone rule isn't a new one.

I know, but I think specifically calling out twitter is new. I figured this would be the best way to to report on practice.

montrose
07-07-2009, 11:11 AM
The evening practices the last few years has been around 2:30-3pm so they moved that a bit later, the Invesco practice is something that Pats do each year.

Meck77
07-07-2009, 11:12 AM
Back behind the line you children! Argghhhh!!!!!!!

http://i32.tinypic.com/2i0cd4l.jpg

TailgateNut
07-07-2009, 11:12 AM
I may have to attend the practice at mile high. Bring the RV and some cold beers!

montrose
07-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Per CBS4, practices that are open to the public begin on July 31 and run through August 20.

Slade
07-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Per CBS4, practices that are open to the public begin on July 31 and run through August 20.

I am surprised all the practices are open to the public. Is this something the Pats do?

Any clue what the practice at Invesco is like? I was thinking about bringing my little brother.

montrose
07-07-2009, 11:19 AM
I am surprised all the practices are open to the public. Is this something the Pats do?

Any clue what the practice at Invesco is like? I was thinking about bringing my little brother.

Every team's practices are open to the public. The Invesco practice is something new but my old boss who was a Pats fan said that at their stadium practice, it's more scrimmage-like than normal practices followed by the players signing autographs for a while.

TailgateNut
07-07-2009, 11:20 AM

It's like a pre-season game without an opponent, and much cheaper.:spit:

24champ
07-07-2009, 11:21 AM
I know, but I think specifically calling out twitter is new. I figured this would be the best way to to report on practice.

I've texted from training camp live before. I'll have to be extra careful this year... McStalin might torture me for using twitter this year.;D

SoDak Bronco
07-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Mile High scrimage sounds like a great way for the fans to come out and support the Broncos. Also gives the players a little extra juice and motivation to come show their stuff at their house... I like their new approach!!

BigPlayShay
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Mile High scrimage sounds like a great way for the fans to come out and support the Broncos. Also gives the players a little extra juice and motivation to come show their stuff at their house... I like their new approach!!

Shanny has had open practices at the stadium before. In fact I remember Tatum Bell's first practice after his mini holdout was one at the stadium. He proceeded to promptly break a finger.

24champ
07-07-2009, 11:26 AM
Why are most people calling it Invesco all of a sudden????

montrose
07-07-2009, 11:27 AM

Check GrayCaldwell, Patrick Smyth and Jim Saccamanno's pages (they're the Broncos PR Dept.) as they've done some updating from OTAs.

http://twitter.com/broncos_sacco
http://twitter.com/gray_dbdotcom
http://twitter.com/psmyth12

TailgateNut
07-07-2009, 11:30 AM

One word: "newbs".

montrose
07-07-2009, 11:32 AM

I suppose I typed it because it was quicker. When I'm talking, I usually just say "the stadium".

BigPlayShay
07-07-2009, 11:32 AM
Check GrayCaldwell, Patrick Smyth and Jim Saccamanno's pages (they're the Broncos PR Dept.) as they've done some updating from OTAs.

http://twitter.com/broncos_sacco
http://twitter.com/gray_dbdotcom
http://twitter.com/psmyth12

Nice, thanks. Following them now.

24champ
07-07-2009, 11:34 AM

I think the Mile High stadium practice is the best bet for young kids. Sounds like a short practice and then some autographs.

However, I advise against taking babies/kids to Dove Valley. Conditions can get real uncomfortable for the kid real quick, as well as the people around the kid. It will be hot, no seats, not a lot of room to move around.

IMO training camp is for people that want to watch broncos football, this isn't fan fair for kids.

Kaylore
07-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Because that's it's name. That stadium isn't Mile High and never will be. Invesco wishes it could hold Mile High's jock. It's also (ridiculously) called Invesco so that's what I will refer to it as until that changes. I won't demean the old Mile High Stadium by calling this less-loud version the old name. They need to give it a new name that doesn't have a defunct business over the top, but I don't think it should be called Mile High; There was and only ever will be one Mile High Stadium.

I am quite excited about the idea of scrimmages. We've had them before but making it an event to encourage attendance is smart. It's also very lower-income friendly. Smart for these tough times.:thumbsup:

Broncoman13
07-07-2009, 12:15 PM
I may have to attend the practice at mile high. Bring the RV and some cold beers!

I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

montrose
07-07-2009, 12:42 PM
They need to give it a new name that doesn't have a defunct business over the top, but I don't think it should be called Mile High; There was and only ever will be one Mile High Stadium.

Brian Xanders Field @ Josh McDaniels stadium!

TailgateNut
07-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Because that's it's name. That stadium isn't Mile High and never will be. Invesco wishes it could hold Mile High's jock. It's also (ridiculously) called Invesco so that's what I will refer to it as until that changes. I won't demean the old Mile High Stadium by calling this less-loud version the old name. They need to give it a new name that doesn't have a defunct business over the top, but I don't think it should be called Mile High; There was and only ever will be one Mile High Stadium.

I am quite excited about the idea of scrimmages. We've had them before but making it an event to encourage attendance is smart. It's also very lower-income friendly. Smart for these tough times.:thumbsup:

Well, I'll be damned if I call it Incestco. It's Mile High to me. (the route hasn't changed and the team hasn't moved.

"Broncos Field at Mile High".

TailgateNut
07-07-2009, 12:53 PM
I WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know how to find me.

PS: Some SOB (I'm assuming a disgruntled Faider Fan) egged my RV over the winter. I picked it up to get it ready for the season and notice two big areas which were egged. It ruined the ****ing paint job. Pisses me off to no end. The **** wont come off without the paint coming off also.

broncofan2438
07-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Im looking forward to the fabulous updates from our O'mane friends. I loved reading the camp details from the personal reports

BroncoMan4ever
07-07-2009, 01:01 PM

well our coach is from the NE cheating ring, so he probably figured some twittering asshole could be someone gathering info for another team

bowtown
07-07-2009, 02:08 PM

Kaylor = Newb

dbfan21
07-07-2009, 02:15 PM
3 more weeks!! I cannot wait. This offseason has been torture!!

SoDak Bronco
07-07-2009, 02:26 PM
It's always going to be called MileHigh to me...even if it is a 2nd rate MileHigh :)

TailgateNut
07-07-2009, 02:29 PM
It's always going to be called MileHigh to me...even if it is a 2nd rate MileHigh :)

No self respecting Bronco Fan would ever consider calling it Incestco Field. ;)

oubronco
07-07-2009, 02:32 PM
Woohoo Football

Broncoman13
07-07-2009, 02:59 PM

Thank goodness!!!

R8R H8R
07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Does anyone know if we practice with another team this year?

I'm sure we won't, but wouldn't it be interesting if the Bears and Broncos had joint practices this TC?

Popps
07-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Sweet!!

Can't wait. Who's reporting this year?

Kaylore
07-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Sweet!!

We're still sorting it out.

SoCalBronco
07-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Stadium Practice: The Broncos will hold one open practice for the public at INVESCO Field at Mile High on Thursday, Aug. 6, beginning at 6:30 p.m. The entire team will be available to sign autographs for fans after practice.

Dammit. I don't know how I'm going to get to that one on the 6th. I'd be willing to pay for someone to drive me to INVESCO for that practice and back to the hotel. I've never been to INVESCO before and would like to see it, if possible. Thankfully, all the others will be at Dove Valley which I can get to each day AM and PM without a problem between the 1st and the 8th (well not the 8th, I have to leave before the AM practice).

I don't mind the late evening practices instead of the traditional 3-5 pm's. Its actually better that way because it will be cooler.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Sweet!!

You're in luck ... looks like it's me, Skippy!

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 08:58 PM
You're in luck ... looks like it's me, Skippy!Shouldn't you be covering the Bears training camp? :clown:

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Hahahaha.... relax, I won't ask McD about Jay or anything else that might humiliate me (and I am DEFINITLEY leaving the Cutler Bears jersey at home)

I wanna see Ayers and Alphonso and especially Moreno .... that is one awesome threesome of rookies right there.

Bringing my camera, notebook and cord too, so plenty of pics as well :thumbs:

Pseudofool
07-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Bringing my camera, notebook and cord too, so plenty of pics as well :thumbs:Extra batteries and beefed memory?

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Extra batteries and beefed memory?

Two AAs, yeah. I guess I'll buy a backup pair of lithiums just in case.

My SD card is just 2 GB though ... I'll have to dump it twice a day.

Hey, should we do videos? I know we can't post them directly here, but maybe YouTube, Facebook? My camera does HD video (supposedly). But that would probably fill up a 2GB SD card pretty quick, right?

Rabb
07-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I am glad the afternoon sessions are a little later, those are really the only ones I can swing this year

montrose
07-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Dammit. I don't know how I'm going to get to that one on the 6th. I'd be willing to pay for someone to drive me to INVESCO for that practice and back to the hotel.

I'll drive you SoCal.

24champ
07-07-2009, 09:39 PM
Two AAs, yeah. I guess I'll buy a backup pair of lithiums just in case.

My SD card is just 2 GB though ... I'll have to dump it twice a day.

Hey, should we do videos? I know we can't post them directly here, but maybe YouTube, Facebook? My camera does HD video (supposedly). But that would probably fill up a 2GB SD card pretty quick, right?

I don't think your allowed to have video cameras.

Los Broncos
07-07-2009, 09:40 PM
I'll drive you SoCal.

I need a ride too from California :)

Punisher
07-07-2009, 09:41 PM
Traning Camp!?

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 09:41 PM
I don't think your allowed to have video cameras.
Rats. Well, it's my little Canon digital camera ... it takes HD (supposedly) video too ???

bronco_boi_5280
07-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Making the trip to Invesco would be sweet. Only attended a few TC's. They were alright I suppose. But going to Invesco would be pretty swank.

24champ
07-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Rats. Well, it's my little Canon digital camera ... it takes HD (supposedly) video too ???

I'd advise against video period. You could get busted tossed out of camp. They are very strict on video.

Meck77
07-07-2009, 10:18 PM
FYI

Frontier has one way tickets to Denver starting at $34 dang dollars. http://www.frontierairlines.com/frontier/specials/online-deals-details.do;jsessionid=BA07F22ED11A4B5158BF01C811DC B0EA?name=whalesale

Southwest is slashing prices also. They say it's only a 48hr sale. We'll see about that.

# From Denver back to top

* To Albany for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Albuquerque for as low as $30 one-way Book This
* To Amarillo for as low as $30 one-way Book This
* To Austin for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Baltimore for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Birmingham for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Boise for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Boston for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Buffalo for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Burbank for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Chicago for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Cleveland for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Columbus for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Corpus Christi for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Dallas for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Detroit for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To El Paso for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Ft. Lauderdale for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Ft. Myers for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Harlingen for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Hartford for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Houston for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Indianapolis for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Jackson for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Jacksonville for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Kansas City for as low as $30 one-way Book This
* To Las Vegas for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Little Rock for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Long Island for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Los Angeles for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Louisville for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Lubbock for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Manchester for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Midland/Odessa for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Minneapolis/St. Paul for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Nashville for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To New Orleans for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To New York for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Norfolk for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Oakland for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Oklahoma City for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Omaha for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Ontario for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Orange County for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Orlando for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Philadelphia for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Phoenix for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Pittsburgh for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Portland for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Providence for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Raleigh/Durham for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Reno/Tahoe for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Sacramento for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Salt Lake City for as low as $30 one-way Book This
* To San Antonio for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To San Diego for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To San Francisco for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To San Jose for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Seattle/Tacoma for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Spokane for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To St. Louis for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Tampa Bay for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To Tucson for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Tulsa for as low as $60 one-way Book This
* To Washington for as low as $90 one-way Book This
* To West Palm Beach for as low as $90 one-way

FireFly
07-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Football is finally on the horizon and I'm starting to get excited!

Popps
07-08-2009, 10:44 AM
We're still sorting it out.

By "sorting it out," you'd better mean that you'll be reporting.

smalltowngrll
07-08-2009, 09:53 PM
Looking forward to some training camp reports. I need a football fix! And, hoping for some reports for SoCal and Kaylore! :) Puleeez!

BroncoBuff
07-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, never fear ... I'll be there :thanku:

Kaylore
07-09-2009, 12:13 AM
By "sorting it out," you'd better mean that you'll be reporting.

I hope so, but we'll see if it will work. Money's tight right now. It's probably fifty-fifty at this point. SoCal will be there.

kmonty
07-13-2009, 10:54 PM
I'd advise against video period. You could get busted tossed out of camp. They are very strict on video.

Well video's allowed for those with the press passes, and I know the Mane's gotten those in years past. Not sure if Buff is going in that capacity though.

The NFL (not the Broncos) restricts online TC footage to 90 seconds per day. Czar Goodell.

I'll be posting live for BT, including video, very excited. Just gotta sneak those tweets... :pimp:

Los Broncos
07-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Just about one month till pre season game one.

Cant wait for the camp reports to start coming in!

SoCalBronco
07-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Just about one month till pre season game one.

Cant wait for the camp reports to start coming in!

Perhaps this will whet your appetite until camp really starts. A blast from the past:

8/3 AM Report: Bob re-connects with Snickers
By SoCalBronco

1. LITTLE DEBBIE GOLDEN CREMES- Bob actually kinda struggled with these today, which was surprising in light of the prior practices. From my vantage point, it seemed as if some of the creme got stuck in his throat or something, he did look irritated for sure. He also seemed slow to swallow and did not seem as pleased as he usually is upon digestion. I guess they'll take another look at it on film later on to see what was up. I'm not sure Khan saw what happened either, because he was observing Bob simultaneously participate in the jelly doughnut drills (don't ask me how this is possible, all I am permitted to say is that they have great technology here at Dove Valley), but he might have more on it in his report later.

2. SNICKERS- Bob really stood out in this drill. He seemed to be establishing very good chemistry with the caramel and peanuts today. I thought he was top notch in this area, althought it was rather disgusting to watch. Andrew Mason and Khan commented on this several times. I don't think Andrew Mason likes Bob very much from what I can tell I think Bob may have whined and b****ed about the heat a couple times and tried to steal Andrew's straw hat or something.

3. PIE EATING CONTEST- I don't think the coaches were too happy with Bob here. I think the problem was that he spent too much time trying to savor the chocolate (I spent only the first few minutes watching this drill, the initial portion featured a Marie Callender's chocolate silk pie) instead of just downing it as fast as he could. He got a tongue lashing from coach Jacob Burney for this. Bob also used poor leverage and technique in this drill. He needs to clean up that part of his game. The other competitor just dove into the thing, whereas Bob raised the pie over his face adn at times the chocolate just seeped out onto his face and shirt instead of his mouth. Someone from the crowd yelled out "dumbass". Heh.

4. SHANNY PRESS CONFERENCE-

(On whether Bob was operating at 100% out there, question was from Mike Klis) "I don't really know, he was fine last night before he went to the hotel and then he came back this morning from the hotel and complained about a severe groin pull. His right hand was also pretty swollen. Greek won't go near him, so I guess we can't really tell for sure. Fred seems to think he knows what happened from his own personal experience, but I can't repeat it here. Bob practiced though.

(What Bob brings to the team in general, question was from Khan) "Anytime you can get a guy that big, you are really helping your football team out. Now he has to work on some things, endurance for one, you can't just go two plays at a time before falling on the ground sucking for air, but we like his progress so far"

(Whether Bob's Mom would get a sideline pass this year, so as to make him more comfortable, this was my question) "No, he's a big boy...anytime you play in the National Football League, you gotta grow up. You can't have your mom t here at every turn. This is a professional deal, he's got to suck it up and go. What is he, 25..26 years old? Come on"

(What was Bob best at so far...this was from Jim Armstrong) "He does well on the frozen banana drill..the twix drill, I think its something about the shape of the item that is attractive to him and motivates him, I dunno, but he's doing well at those, especially for a rookie"

*Khan has a special treat for you guys tonight, he will be posting his exclusive interview with the President of Nestle Foods who was at practice today, he will talk to him about what it means to the Nestle operation here in Denver to have Bob around.

That's all for now, we'll be back in the afternoon, and Khan will have his report up shortly.

MY CONVERSATION WITH CARLOS REPRESAS: PRESIDENT OF NESTLE FOODS

KHAN: Thanks for taking time to talk to me Mr. Represas.

CR: Please, call me "Carl."

KHAN: Ok then. It looks like you guys had a good quarter. Are you where you want to be?

CR: You know really we are. This isn't really a time of year where you see a lot of sales in our confections, but we've been doing surprisingly well. It's giving us a good ground base for when we push into the real peak periods.

KHAN: Do you mean Halloween and the Holiday season?

CR: Yes. That fiscal period is where we really do well. Obviously candy is big part of everyone's celebrations so we always look forward to providing delicious products of a wide variety for all our customers.

KHAN: Speaking of customers, I noticed a pictures of Clayton Wendler framed behind you. Are you by chance related?

CR: No, I wish.

KHAN: Explain.

CR: Well he's pretty much a legend here in Vevey. The whole staff knows him.

KHAN: I see. Explain if you could what it is he's done for you guys to warrant such praise?

CR: He pulled us through our worst quarter a year ago. As you know, we've been boycotted by some people questioning our humanitarian efforts in Africa specific to our baby formula. Well during that time our sales took a steep dive. We offered "Bob" a discount if he wound agree to take the surplus off our hands. He was only too eager to oblige.

KHAN: So he took the US surplus for...

CR: World...

KHAN: ...a discounted rate - Oh, good grief!

CR: Yeah. It was impressive. For the better part of the next month our sales didn't dip once. It was extremely serendipitous.

KHAN: Where did he get the money to buy such bulk amounts of convections?

CR: I guess he has a pretty good job writing for that Warpaint thing. Supposedly he gets five figures a word. As you know, he doesn't have any living expenses so the money adds up.

KHAN: Interesting. Did he eat it all himself?

CR: Most of it, yes. He did have some conditions.

KHAN: What conditions?

CR: Well I don't want to get too specific, but let's just say he asked for an "anatomically correct" Carrie Underwood be made to scale out of chocolate.

KHAN: Did you actually do it?

CR: Good grief, no. We just made one of our giant rabbits and taped a cover from people magazine she was on to the face. He didn't seem to notice. His observations skills were never that great...

KHAN: You don't need to tell me. Final question. What are your plans going forward with "Bob".

CR: Let's just say it's nice to know that no matter how bad things will get, we'll always have our special someone in the US market that will keep us going like there was a famine in the land.

KHAN: Well thanks again for your time, Carl. We really appreciate it.

CR: My pleasure.

Los Broncos
07-13-2009, 11:09 PM
:giggle: the Bob smack will never end.