PDA

View Full Version : What do you think will happen (not what you want to happen) with Brandon Marshall?

montrose
07-07-2009, 04:44 AM
Interested to get the OM community's predictions.

The Joker
07-07-2009, 06:02 AM
He'll skip a few days of camp to save face, then report.

Once that happens, we'll trade him.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-07-2009, 06:22 AM

Explain how that happens. He's a restricted free agent next year, worth a first and thrid round pick at the highest tender. Who is going to trade a 1 and 3, plus some type of productive player for Marshall and his circus... and give him a fat new contract?

BMarsh615
07-07-2009, 06:43 AM
He can't afford to miss training camp, and it looks like Bowlen and McDaniels are not going to budge on this one like they did with Cutler. If Marshall misses too many days of camp he will lose a year towards him being able to be an unrestricted free agent.

I think he will be here day one of training camp.

BMarsh615
07-07-2009, 06:46 AM
Explain how that happens. He's a restricted free agent next year, worth a first and thrid round pick at the highest tender. Who is going to trade a 1 and 3, plus some type of productive player for Marshall and his circus... and give him a fat new contract?

He is only a restricted free agent next year if...

1. He skips the rest of training camp.

2. The owners and the players can't work out a new deal with the CBA.

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 07:23 AM

he has to report before aug 12th to not lose a year of service, and itll be surprising if they work out a new deal in the next year.....possible i guess but unlikely

Hogan11
07-07-2009, 07:26 AM
I just see Bobby Humphrey all over again

Rohirrim
07-07-2009, 07:31 AM
I just see Bobby Humphrey all over again

Bingo!

dbfan21
07-07-2009, 07:32 AM
The financial implications of him missing camp will force him to quit holding out. He'll show up to a media circus that will last 2-3 days. After that, he will get settled in and start focusing on the season ahead of him. Following his court case (provided it goes in BM's favor) he will get a nice extension from the Broncos and play at least 5 more years in Denver.

Traveler
07-07-2009, 07:57 AM
The financial implications of him missing camp will force him to quit holding out. He'll show up to a media circus that will last 2-3 days. After that, he will get settled in and start focusing on the season ahead of him. Following his court case (provided it goes in BM's favor) he will get a nice extension from the Broncos and play at least 5 more years in Denver.

Hope you are right. I just don't see this ending with Brandon still remaining a Bronco.

meangene
07-07-2009, 08:02 AM
He can't afford to miss training camp, and it looks like Bowlen and McDaniels are not going to budge on this one like they did with Cutler. If Marshall misses too many days of camp he will lose a year towards him being able to be an unrestricted free agent.

That would be the smart thing for him to do, but we all know he is not that smart. I think he will hold out until the financial cost gets too high and then report. He will be behind in his conditioning, knowing the offense and developing chemistry with the other players. He will play but not be nearly productive as he could be if he reported day one. That is, IF, he is not found guilty in late August in which case he will miss at least half the season. :loser:

SonOfLe-loLang
07-07-2009, 08:24 AM
If the rumors are true about him being broke (and he hasnt made a TON so its certainly possible), he wll show up. I still wish they'd sign him to a long term, incentive laden deal

Rabb
07-07-2009, 08:27 AM
I am sure Brandon is doing exactly what his agent is telling him to, he is not smart enough to figure it out solo

Dagmar
07-07-2009, 08:28 AM

Agree with the top part. Not the second part.

Gcver2ver3
07-07-2009, 08:30 AM
I am sure Brandon is doing exactly what his agent is telling him to, he is not smart enough to figure it out solo

well if thats the case, his agent ain't too bright either right now...

The Joker
07-07-2009, 08:32 AM

The second part was a joke, given how many bizarre things have happened this offseason.

DenverBrit
07-07-2009, 08:33 AM

Same agent as Javon Walker so this tactic is very familiar.......coming off an injury and holding out.

DenverBrit
07-07-2009, 08:37 AM
He has to show he's healthy to get a new deal from the Broncos or any other team....he must also get past his Aug court date without a suspension.

He and his agent are trying to force a new deal or trade in the wake of Cutler's departure and it's not working.

I think both the Broncos and BM will find a face saving way to get BM into camp.

Reality has to kick in eventually.

Gcver2ver3
07-07-2009, 08:38 AM

he won't get paid going down that route...

bottom line: nowadays, players have very little leverage in hold out situations...

thats why Peppers, Boldin, Suggs, Dockett, Shaun Rogers, Thomas Jones & Leon Washington, and other reportedly unhappy players just wind up reporting...

TonyR
07-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I still wish they'd sign him to a long term, incentive laden deal

He'd have to accept such a deal and there's no reason to believe that he would at this point.

azbroncfan
07-07-2009, 09:47 AM
I think Broncos will cave in and pay him and he will do something stupid and get suspended.

watermock
07-07-2009, 10:01 AM
I think it will ugly, acromonious and no side will be happy, particiarly the fans.

This is EXACTLY WHERE WE WERE 3 MONTHS AGO WITH CUTLER. EXACTLY.

montrose
07-07-2009, 10:09 AM
he has to report before aug 12th to not lose a year of service, and itll be surprising if they work out a new deal in the next year.....possible i guess but unlikely

I thought players had to report before the season's final six games to count as a year of service (which is why I made the question that way). Did this rule change recently?

Hotrod
07-07-2009, 10:10 AM
He will be in NY before the month is out. With a slight possiblity of Washington............let the bidding begin folks.

gyldenlove
07-07-2009, 10:21 AM
He will report, he is not going to fork over 17k per day as well as 25% of the signing bonus for this year. The only way he doesn't report is if he is excused for medical reasons or for legal reasons is prevented from travelling.

azbroncfan
07-07-2009, 10:23 AM
I think it will ugly, acromonious and no side will be happy, particiarly the fans.

This is EXACTLY WHERE WE WERE 3 MONTHS AGO WITH CUTLER. EXACTLY.

No Cutler had his feelings hurt and Marshall wants more money.

TailgateNut
07-07-2009, 10:27 AM
or for legal reasons is prevented from travelling.

quite a possibility. He still has a few weeks to "star in his next episode" of "Beat Da Ho".
:wiggle:

watermock
07-07-2009, 10:33 AM
No Cutler had his feelings hurt and Marshall wants more money.

I heard Cutler wanted a new contract. Huh?

BroncoMan4ever
07-07-2009, 12:05 PM
i say he shows up immediately. he realizes that if he wants his money he needs to kick ass this season and stay out of the news. and the best way to prove he is a team guy not going to stir **** up is by coming to work, doing his job and staying out of trouble.plus if the rumors of him being broke are true, he can't afford the daily fines for skipping camp.

and the only way he is going to get off to a good start to the season is if he is at camp and knows the system. if he doesn't he will start out the season sluggish, it will affect his end of the year numbers and with his numbers a little down he can't command as much on a new deal.

also, by midseason, i expect Bowlen to give him a new deal.

Peoples Champ
07-07-2009, 02:11 PM

Who is the girl in your avatar?