PDA

View Full Version : orangemane flag.....Help me decide which one (post45)

PaintballCLE
07-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Just got a portable 20 ft flagpole to take with me to all the games this year........just curious if anyone has an orangemane flag or knows where i could get one cheap.

I can get a plain orange one, 3x5, for like 5 bucks online...........maybe i can just make one...

broncosteven
07-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I could use one when I go to duh bears TC this summer.

I can't make it out to Denver and I have in-laws that live where their TC is so no Cutler-lover flaming please.

Anaximines
07-06-2009, 08:09 PM
awesome idea. Maybe here? http://www.united-states-flag.com/custom.html

or here? http://www.custommadeflags.com/

Get the vectorized logo from TJ or someone?

bronco_boi_5280
07-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Cutler Lover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

PaintballCLE
07-06-2009, 08:16 PM
ps here is the link to the flag pole

Comes with 20 ft, 17.5, or 14 ft pole and tire mount (just roll the tire of your car over it to hold it in place)

they range from $40-46 depending on the size.........not a bad deal

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=149599

cutthemdown
07-06-2009, 08:20 PM
The Orangemane flag is just a giant asshole encircled by some redness.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 08:25 PM
I could use one when I go to duh bears TC this summer.

I can't make it out to Denver and I have in-laws that live where their TC is so no Cutler-lover flaming please.

when/where is it? im in northern IL, i could possibly go too.

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 08:46 PM
The Orangemane flag is just a giant a-hole encircled by some redness.

That wasn't nice... :P

Los Broncos
07-06-2009, 08:52 PM
After checking that site out it looks a custom made flag isn't cheap.

Maybe we all chip in for you to get one, take some photos for us :)

PaintballCLE
07-06-2009, 08:53 PM
After checking that site out it looks a custom made flag isn't cheap.

Maybe we all chip in for you to get one, take some photos for us :)

LOL the next problem is trying to figure out how to get the flagpole on the plane.....

broncosteven
07-06-2009, 08:54 PM

Did you move there from Boston this offseason?

It starts 7/31, my wife printed off their schedule but I haven't looked at it. Not sure when we will go, depends on how much neck/back/shoulder pain I can tolerate.

broncosteven
07-06-2009, 08:54 PM
LOL the next problem is trying to figure out how to get the flagpole on the plane.....

Put it in your pants ala Spinal Tap, that is what I would do.

Los Broncos
07-06-2009, 08:55 PM

What about one of those fly fishing travel cases?

PaintballCLE
07-06-2009, 08:56 PM
What about one of those fly fishing travel cases?

maybe i can stick it in with my golf clubs and say its a really long ball retriever

PaintballCLE
07-06-2009, 08:57 PM
or even better yet, maybe i can jsut tell them i celebrate festivus....

Los Broncos
07-06-2009, 08:58 PM
or even better yet, maybe i can jsut tell them i celebrate festivus....

And if they give you any **** tell them to smoke your pole.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Did you move there from Boston this offseason?

It starts 7/31, my wife printed off their schedule but I haven't looked at it. Not sure when we will go, depends on how much neck/back/shoulder pain I can tolerate.

nope, lived in IL my whole life...which is why i hate bears and all bear related accessories.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 09:05 PM
That's a great idea.

I'll have to look into this.

PaintballCLE
07-06-2009, 09:11 PM
That's a great idea.

haha i was just in the middle of sending you a PM looking for permission. I will be driving to 8 of the games this year, so getting the pole there for those wont be a problem. The 8 I am flying to..........still working on that.

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 09:12 PM
I have friends who own a T-shirt shop... if you got the blank orange flag (and TJ's permission to use the logo), they'd probably give us a good deal...

broncosteven
07-06-2009, 09:15 PM
nope, lived in IL my whole life...which is why i hate bears and all bear related accessories.

I hate the bears also.

I have lived here since 1980, we also lived here from 1969-1972 but I don't remember much from then, my parents grew up in the suburbs.

I was luckly I got to live in Denver for a couple years when I was old enough to know what football was. I have been a Bronco fan since 1973, McStalin isn't going to scare me off. It will take a better/older man than him. We are due for a bad a run anyway, haven't had one since 1960-1974.

I just hope they are good when my son is old enough to pick a team. My dad was a Packer fan they sucked in 73 and I couldn't understand at the time why he liked a team that sucked, I didn't know who Lombardi was for another 5 years and we moved away from Denver.

broncosteven
07-06-2009, 09:19 PM
That's a great idea.

I want my Gene sig in the upper left corner on mine.

PaintballCLE
07-06-2009, 09:35 PM
I have friends who own a T-shirt shop... if you got the blank orange flag (and TJ's permission to use the logo), they'd probably give us a good deal...

I am thinking since the logo is half blue and orange, maybe a white flag would be better???

but honestly it doesnt even have to be the logo.......i woul dbe happy with an orange flad with blue letters or something like that. Just something to make the tailgate easier to find.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 09:38 PM
I hate the bears also.

I have lived here since 1980, we also lived here from 1969-1972 but I don't remember much from then, my parents grew up in the suburbs.

I was luckly I got to live in Denver for a couple years when I was old enough to know what football was. I have been a Bronco fan since 1973, McStalin isn't going to scare me off. It will take a better/older man than him. We are due for a bad a run anyway, haven't had one since 1960-1974.

I just hope they are good when my son is old enough to pick a team. My dad was a Packer fan they sucked in 73 and I couldn't understand at the time why he liked a team that sucked, I didn't know who Lombardi was for another 5 years and we moved away from Denver.

dont be so sure "mcstalin" will make this team suck, you could be in for a surprise this year :thumbs:

cutthemdown
07-06-2009, 09:54 PM

I guess that would be better then my sore ass flag!!!!!!

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 10:13 PM
I am thinking since the logo is half blue and orange, maybe a white flag would be better???

but honestly it doesnt even have to be the logo.......i woul dbe happy with an orange flad with blue letters or something like that. Just something to make the tailgate easier to find.

As an amateur seamstress, I believe I just might be capable of making one... I mean, it would be a piece of cake compared to a wedding gown... ;D

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I guess that would be better then my sore ass flag!!!!!!

Ha! LOL

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 01:10 AM
As an amateur seamstress, I believe I just might be capable of making one... I mean, it would be a piece of cake compared to a wedding gown... ;D

Perhaps we should start a fund-raiser to help with the costs.

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 01:15 AM

A couple yards of fabric and some thread really wouldn't cost much... :yayaya: (I'd donate the time and consider it well-spent ;))

cutthemdown
07-07-2009, 01:22 AM
I think it should be made of hemp!!

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 01:28 AM

Hemp is a nice durable fabric.

Anaximines
07-07-2009, 01:51 AM

:thumbsup: :thumbs:

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 02:11 AM
My vote would go for a lightweight washable silk blend...especially if the color consensus is "white" with orange and blue... washability would be a major concern with keeping it looking nice.

cutthemdown
07-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Yeah but will that hold up to 25 mph winds and snow?

TDmvp
07-07-2009, 02:17 AM

I'd end up wanting to smoke it if I ever made it out that way , so maybe Hemp isn't the best choice ...

:wiggle:

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 02:32 AM
Yeah but will that hold up to 25 mph winds and snow?

You're right... a durable nylon (parachute fabric?) might be a better choice.

hambone13
07-07-2009, 02:52 AM

Because everyone can't wait to meet you.....geez....

hambone13
07-07-2009, 02:53 AM

Explains a lot....I mean A LOT....

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 03:23 AM

Now, if I were to consider making a flag with the OM logo done in hotfix, rimset, genuine swarovski rhinestones... well then I might need a fundraiser.. LOL

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Because everyone can't wait to meet you.....geez....

wtf is your problem? i happen to live not far from soldier field, do you have a ****ing issue with that?

cutthemdown
07-07-2009, 01:08 PM
I'd end up wanting to smoke it if I ever made it out that way , so maybe Hemp isn't the best choice ...

:wiggle:

Shhhhhhh, Iron Clady and I will bring some Calif dank for you!!!!!

Hands off the flag stoner!!!!!!

broncosteven
07-07-2009, 01:10 PM
wtf is your problem? i happen to live not far from soldier field, do you have a ****ing issue with that?

For your sake I hope you do not live in North Lawndale.

Meck77
07-07-2009, 01:13 PM
This reminds me of the omane tshirt threads over the years...lol

broncosteven
07-07-2009, 01:49 PM
This reminds me of the omane tshirt threads over the years...lol

Tee shirts made of Hemp?

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 07:55 PM
I guess this question is for Blue....

If I get the blank flag and either try to do it myself, or have you do it, so you think all those sewen on letters would make the flag too heavy to wave properly?

Anyways All these base flags are less than $5 each. So let me know which one you think would be best........then ill jsut have to figure out where to get the letters and how to put them on there.

Option 1
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/orangeflag.jpg

Option 2
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/bluecheck.jpg

Option 3
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/blueflag.jpg

tsiguy96
07-08-2009, 07:58 PM
i think having one sewn with the big orangemane O (top left of this site) would be awesome. just the O with the horse in it, if blueflame could do it...

broncosteven
07-08-2009, 08:00 PM
I guess this question is for Blue....

If I get the blank flag and either try to do it myself, or have you do it, so you think all those sewen on letters would make the flag too heavy to wave properly?

Anyways All these base flags are less than $5 each. So let me know which one you think would be best........then ill jsut have to figure out where to get the letters and how to put them on there.

Option 1
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/orangeflag.jpg

OPTION 1 but without the word Party, that makes it sound kinda gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 08:00 PM
i think having one sewn with the big orangemane O (top left of this site) would be awesome. just the O with the horse in it, if blueflame could do it...

I have some of those old inkjet/iron on transfer papers.......... maybe i could just piece them together somehow.....

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 08:01 PM
OPTION 1 but without the word Party, that makes it sound kinda gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.

was just using that as a reference.........how about Gala? Extravaganza? Sloshfest?

LOL

Props on the seinfeld reference.....

Los Broncos
07-08-2009, 08:07 PM
I like the blue with the orange writing.

Taco John
07-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I'd rather see an orange flag with the O logo...

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 08:08 PM
I like the blue with the orange writing.

yeah.....the only reason i thought about the checked one is because it would stand out.........and be eaiser for people to find. But its kinda hard to read....

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I'd rather see an orange flag with the O logo...

Yeah me too..........although something liek that would cost about $185 to get it front and back.

you know the whole orangemane logo would look good on a white flag....

tsiguy96
07-08-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah me too..........although something liek that would cost about $185 to get it front and back.

you know the whole orangemane logo would look good on a white flag....

thats what a fundraiser is for.

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 08:19 PM
thats what a fundraiser is for.

something on the order of this would be cool.........i made it quick so i know it looks ****ty

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/omane.jpg

tsiguy96
07-08-2009, 08:22 PM
it will no longer be white after the first party...make it orange

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 08:30 PM
it will no longer be white after the first party...make it orange

if you make it orange, then the orange parts wont show

broncosteven
07-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Why bother with a flag, Just wear an Orange Snuggy and Dortoh will find you.

Blueflame
07-08-2009, 08:42 PM
I have some of those old inkjet/iron on transfer papers.......... maybe i could just piece them together somehow.....

I might be able to get the local T-shirt shop to make us a big OrangeMane logo transfer... we could possibly try to do the inkjet iron on transfers, but that probably wouldn't be as durable or look as nice.

I'd second the idea of the OM logo on an orange flag....

Los Broncos
07-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Any flag with the logo will look cool and like I said earlier in the thread, I'd be willing to throw in a couple of bucks.

Just fly it high and proud, or how about one side has the logo and the other with some kind of reference to Darrent Williams, maybe his number or something.

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 08:58 PM
I might be able to get the local T-shirt shop to make us a big OrangeMane logo transfer... we could possibly try to do the inkjet iron on transfers, but that probably wouldn't be as durable or look as nice.

I'd second the idea of the OM logo on an orange flag....

i guess it wouldn't look too bad as long as the orange is a different orange....
http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u144/pntballkrm/orangeflag-1.jpg

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 09:00 PM
Any flag with the logo will look cool and like I said earlier in the thread, I'd be willing to throw in a couple of bucks.

Just fly it high and proud, or how about one side has the logo and the other with some kind of reference to Darrent Williams, maybe his number or something.

where is broncobuff when you need him.....LOL

Meck77
07-08-2009, 09:19 PM
Remember....We tried this back in 2003 I believe it was. The Broncos told us that they owned the airspace and it wasn't allowed. All we had was a white board with the omane website name. I'd recommend keeping it somewhat abstract but recognizable to omaners.

broncosteven
07-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Remember....We tried this back in 2003 I believe it was. The Broncos told us that they owned the airspace and it wasn't allowed. All we had was a white board with the omane website name. I'd recommend keeping it somewhat abstract but recognizable to omaners.

We can use Gene Kranz's Picture!

That or Khan

I prefer Gene though

Blueflame
07-08-2009, 09:33 PM

Hmmmm....then maybe something like this?

Edit to add: this was just a quick illustration of the idea; we'd obviously be using a much higher-quality image with more precise lines.

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 09:34 PM

LOL no way!

Well they don't own the airspace in the other 31 cities....

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Hmmmm....then maybe something like this?

Edit to add: this was just a quick illustration of the idea; we'd obviously be using a much higher-quality image with more precise lines.

that would be cool......even better if it still said orangemane on the bottom or back.

Blueflame
07-08-2009, 09:42 PM
that would be cool......even better if it still said orangemane on the bottom or back.

It might not be as noticeable if "orangemane.com" was printed vertically along the white edge of the flag.... the thought was that the "O" logo would instantly be recognized by 'Maners, but might not get anyone in trouble with stadium security...

PaintballCLE
07-08-2009, 09:49 PM
It might not be as noticeable if "orangemane.com" was printed vertically along the white edge of the flag.... the thought was that the "O" logo would instantly be recognized by 'Maners, but might not get anyone in trouble with stadium security...

what if it just said orangemane insteand of orangemane.com

but last year people had flags all over the place, even companies and no one ever said anything

Blueflame
07-08-2009, 10:02 PM
what if it just said orangemane insteand of orangemane.com

but last year people had flags all over the place, even companies and no one ever said anything

It might make a difference which tailgate lot the flag was in... I think Meck was hassled in Lot C. Dunno if the rules are different for other lots... but maybe someone else does know.

Meck77
07-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Actually the first omane tailgates were held in Lot G although rules do seem to be enforced differently from lot to lot. Under the recent performance of the team and the uncertainly of the economy/off season you'd think the Broncos would welcome any Bronco fan willing to come to a game and tailgate hours before a game.

I think Taco is on the money with the O logo idea.

Rock Chalk
07-08-2009, 10:25 PM
Just got a portable 20 ft flagpole to take with me to all the games this year........just curious if anyone has an orangemane flag or knows where i could get one cheap.

I can get a plain orange one, 3x5, for like 5 bucks online...........maybe i can just make one...

No idea.

I do however have an idea of where you can put your 20 foot flagpole.

Rock Chalk
07-08-2009, 10:44 PM
I kid I bleed orange and blue or whatever.

Here, try this flag :)

Ramathorn
07-09-2009, 12:17 PM

we have a winner!!

gyldenlove
07-09-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.2atoms.com/images/game/magic/wallpaper/magic_wallpaper_black4.jpg

If you could get something like that, a horse on fire with Orange mane.

BABronco
07-09-2009, 12:49 PM

I really like this actually! Just make the horse white and it will be perfect.

Hotrod
07-09-2009, 01:58 PM

This..............this is the mother ****er of all mother ****ing OM flags

/thread

crawdad
07-09-2009, 02:16 PM
Hey Kevin, I have a lady who does all my tackle-twill lettering and she is damn good and cheap!

Hotrod
07-09-2009, 02:25 PM
Hey Kevin, I have a lady who does all my tackle-twill lettering and she is damn good and cheap!

Good and Cheap..............HMM can I get that number ;)

broncosteven
07-09-2009, 03:12 PM

****ing Gay

PaintballCLE
07-09-2009, 08:00 PM

that would be cool...........make one up and send it to me............thanks :rofl:

SportinOne
07-09-2009, 10:40 PM
do the writing/sewing yourself, it just looks tacky otherwise.

broncosteven
07-10-2009, 12:50 PM
We are missing the boat here IBOB,

You need a flag with the picture of Kuper with Kahn sitting on his lap!