PDA

View Full Version : cutler's babyish antics continue when relating to business matters

Pages : [1] 2

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 09:57 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/05/rest-of-the-story-on-cutlers-off-field-focus/

In response to an item posted earlier today by Aaron Wilson regarding the Bears' new starting quarterback, a league source has given us the rest of the story that resulted in Jay Cutler hiring entertainment lawyer Jeff Jacobs, apparently to eventually manage Cutler's off-field opportunities.

Per the source, Jacobs replaces Marty Garafalo, who previously served as Cutler's "business manager."

The source explains that Garafalo was heavily involved in Cutler's affairs, including the creation of his foundation -- and its transfer to Cutler's new home of Chicago.

In fact, we're told that Garafalo traveled to Chicago to help Cutler with various matters relating to the move from Denver. And then, once Garafalo returned to Denver, he was fired.

By text message.

(At least it proves that Cutler knows how to send text messages. When he wants to.)

And so the manner in which Cutler parted ways with Garafalo is prompting some league insiders to wonder whether Cutler truly has matured since being shipped to the Bears.

had his old business manager help him move from denver to chicago, then immediately fired him, via text. what a standup guy!

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Cutler Holding Off On Endorsements, For Now

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/05/cutler-holding-off-on-endorsements-for-now/

In what seems like a sign of growing maturity, newly-minted Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is resisting the urge to have his name plastered all over the Windy City.

Cutler's motivation to avoid becoming a one-man billboard?

He wants to win a few games, establish himself in the locker room, and then sift through some prospective business deals, according to Bob Legere of the Arlington Daily Herald.

"With all the excitement that's happened so far, there have been a lot of endorsement opportunities," Cutler said. "But I've kind of steered clear of those because I haven't even stepped on the field yet. I'm trying to take care of that before I step into that realm . . .

"I want to go out and play some games and prove myself first. I want to get rid of some of the skepticism surrounding me and just go out there and play."

That seem like a reasonable stance to take.

Especially since Cutler drew so much bad publicity following his messy divorce from the Denver Broncos, as he was labeled a brat and worse.

Not to mention his 17-20 record as a starter.

Chasing every dollar might not be Cutler's best move right now, so he's holding off on pursuing outside income at this point.

"Any NFL quarterback has a whole bunch of endorsement opportunities if he wants them," SportsBusiness Journal editor Terry Lefton said. "It all depends on the athlete's willingness to do them."

Per the report, Cutler is planning ahead for future off-field deals.

And he isn't holding back when it comes to representation, hiring entertainment lawyer Jeff Jacobs. Jacobs is an ex-president for Oprah Winfrey's entertainment company.

And virtually everything Oprah touches turns to gold.

montrose
07-05-2009, 10:04 AM
How ****ing dare you post anti-Cutler thread! It's McDaniels fault! It's all McDaniels fault!

TheDave
07-05-2009, 10:51 AM
How ****ing dare you post anti-Cutler thread! It's McDaniels fault! It's all McDaniels fault!

Yeah Cutler fired his Denver based business manager after he moved to Chicago... Obviously he's Satan.

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Yeah Cutler fired his Denver based business manager after he moved to Chicago... Obviously he's Satan.

spin spin spin! like bill oreilly

TheDave
07-05-2009, 10:55 AM

What's their to spin? He moved to a new city and fired his business manager that lived in Denver... So what?

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 10:56 AM
What's their to spin? He moved to a new city and fired his business manager that lived in Denver... So what?

did you not read the article?

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 10:56 AM
heres a highlight

In fact, we're told that Garafalo traveled to Chicago to help Cutler with various matters relating to the move from Denver. And then, once Garafalo returned to Denver, he was fired.

By text message.

(At least it proves that Cutler knows how to send text messages. When he wants to.)

TheDave
07-05-2009, 10:59 AM
did you not read the article?

Yes... why don't you tell me the part you found so disturbing.

Was it the text message part?

Was it that his business manager continued to earn his salary by helping his client move to another city?

What?

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:01 AM
heres a highlight

ahhhhh... Yes I agree, he is guilty of poor etiquette.

God help the Chicago Bears... their new QB has poor etiquette.

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 11:02 AM
Yes... why don't you tell me the part you found so disturbing.

Was it the text message part?

Was it that his business manager continued to earn his salary by helping his client move to another city?

What?

keep the spin going, i too like to make bears QBs look good. how about the fact taht he fired his manager after his manager helped him move, and didnt even have the balls to tell him to his face? do you not understand that?

how come people like you always have to try and spin **** so jay cutler, and subsequently you, look good, when all facts and reality points to the opposite? especially considering hes not even on the team because he chose not to be? doesnt make sense.

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:04 AM
Let me be honest... I'm a little bias here.

I fired my gardener last week... by email... 2 days after he mowed my lawn.

I guess I should feel ashamed...

Hopefully PFT doesn't write an article about my maturity level citing "neighborhood sources"

Spider
07-05-2009, 11:10 AM

Hopefully PFT doesn't write an article about my maturity level citing "neighborhood sources"

you rat bastard ....................I hope PFT contacts me , I got a **** load of made up stuff about you ;D

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:12 AM
you rat bastard ....................

I know... and to think i was just fine with my decision until tsiguy96 and the etiquete police showed me the error of my ways.

God have mercy on my soul... ;D

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 11:13 AM
I know... and to think i was just fine with my decision until tsiguy96 and the etiquete police showed me the error of my ways.

if he was your gardener from 10 years, you moved 1500 miles away, he flew out to cut your lawn, then you fired him after that, that as you said is poor etiquette. however, cutler has a very long history of similar actions, it doesnt seem to be changing anytime soon.

Spider
07-05-2009, 11:21 AM

dont know dude , that was pretty raw ...........Personally I think TJ should ban you to reading Bob only threads ;D

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:22 AM
if he was your gardener from 10 years, you moved 1500 miles away, he flew out to cut your lawn, then you fired him after that, that as you said is poor etiquette. however, cutler has a very long history of similar actions, it doesnt seem to be changing anytime soon.

So allowing your local business manager to do his job prior to finding a new local business manager is bad... OK

Your reaching boss... what you have here amounts to poor etiquette. Don't worry if Cutler is as evil as you think he is, there will be plenty of really bad stories in the future. Just be patient.

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:24 AM
dont know dude , that was pretty raw ...........Personally I think TJ should ban you to reading Bob only threads ;D

Dude... I thought we were friends? ;D

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 11:25 AM
So allowing your local business manager to do his job prior to finding a new local business manager is bad... OK

Your reaching boss... what you have here amounts to poor etiquette. Don't worry if Cutler is as evil as you think he is, there will be plenty of really bad stories in the future. Just be patient.

poor etiquette=unprofessional, which cutler has a very long track record of being. this is just more evidence of that.

Spider
07-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Dude... I thought we were friends? ;D

we are , thats why I am requesting such harsh punishment , I recommend this cause I care ;D

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:28 AM
poor etiquette=unprofessional, which cutler has a very long track record of being. this is just more evidence of that.

Yep, your right... the bears are doomed.

As soon as they stop doing backflips over this trade I'm sure they will see things for how they really are.

Spider
07-05-2009, 11:29 AM
After 4 years of Bob only threads , you will never ever fire anyone again , thus making you a better person ......... Some day you will thank me for this ;D

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Yep, your right... the bears are doomed.

As soon as they stop doing backflips over this trade I'm sure they will see things for how they really are.

never said they were doomed did i? just said you cant keep spinning articles to point away from the fact that jay cutler as a person is a dbag to the nth degree, and it will carry over on to the field as far as leadership and accountability is concerned.

Spider
07-05-2009, 11:35 AM
never said they were doomed did i? just said you cant keep spinning articles to point away from the fact that jay cutler as a person is a dbag to the nth degree, and it will carry over on to the field as far as leadership and accountability is concerned.
there is a reason this never happens to you
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_spBBsLZnXsE/Rnth9sL05aI/AAAAAAAAAFs/MeOBSMF6e-U/s400/Leaving%2520Las%2520Vegas-guinness.JPG

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:37 AM

Gotcha...

fire business associate via text = "Dbag to the nth degree". :thumbs:

...and I'm the one who is spinning.

elsid13
07-05-2009, 11:38 AM
Was that worse then what the Braves did to Galvin and John Smoltz. Leaving a message on their answering machine telling them they had been released.

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 11:39 AM
didnt the mets manager get fired at 3am via phone after a win on the road?

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Was that worse then what the Braves did to Galvin and John Smoltz. Leaving a message on their answering machine telling them they had been released.

according to what I've learned here... Braves management are Dbags to the nth degree and it will carry over to the field as far as leadership and accountabilty is concerned.

elsid13
07-05-2009, 11:44 AM
according to what I've learned here... Braves management are Dbags to the nth degree and it will over to the field as far as leadership and accountabilty is concerned.

Having fired people in the past, there is no easy of doing it. In today's communication age a text message is consider acceptable as email or phone call. At least he did it himself vs having the new manager do it.

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Having fired people in the past, there is no easy of doing it. In today's communication age a text message is consider acceptable as email or phone call. At least he did it himself vs having the new manager do it.

I know... I was hoping that my gardener story would have shed some light on on the subject. ;D

elsid13
07-05-2009, 11:48 AM
I know... I was hoping that my gardener story would have shed some light on on the subject. ;D

Well it would have, if you hadn't called INS on him after you fired his ass.

TheDave
07-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Well it would have, if you hadn't called INS on him after you fired his ass.

LOL

Jason in LA
07-05-2009, 11:53 AM
ahhhhh... Yes I agree, he is guilty of poor etiquette.

God help the Chicago Bears... their new QB has poor etiquette.

That pretty much sums it up. Is it poor etiquette? Yeah. Is it something to jump all over the guy for? Nope!

Jason in LA
07-05-2009, 11:54 AM

If my job was going to get rid of me I wouldn't mind a text message. Saves me the trip down there. ;D

Actually that would be better than a phone call. Because when ever they try to get me on the phone I don't pick up. I love caller ID.

broncofan7
07-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Cutler Holding Off On Endorsements, For Now

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/05/cutler-holding-off-on-endorsements-for-now/

In what seems like a sign of growing maturity, newly-minted Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler is resisting the urge to have his name plastered all over the Windy City.

Cutler's motivation to avoid becoming a one-man billboard?

He wants to win a few games, establish himself in the locker room, and then sift through some prospective business deals, according to Bob Legere of the Arlington Daily Herald.

"With all the excitement that's happened so far, there have been a lot of endorsement opportunities," Cutler said. "But I've kind of steered clear of those because I haven't even stepped on the field yet. I'm trying to take care of that before I step into that realm . . .

"I want to go out and play some games and prove myself first. I want to get rid of some of the skepticism surrounding me and just go out there and play."

That seem like a reasonable stance to take.

Especially since Cutler drew so much bad publicity following his messy divorce from the Denver Broncos, as he was labeled a brat and worse.

Not to mention his 17-20 record as a starter.

Chasing every dollar might not be Cutler's best move right now, so he's holding off on pursuing outside income at this point.

"Any NFL quarterback has a whole bunch of endorsement opportunities if he wants them," SportsBusiness Journal editor Terry Lefton said. "It all depends on the athlete's willingness to do them."

Per the report, Cutler is planning ahead for future off-field deals.

And he isn't holding back when it comes to representation, hiring entertainment lawyer Jeff Jacobs. Jacobs is an ex-president for Oprah Winfrey's entertainment company.

And virtually everything Oprah touches turns to gold.

Everyone can spin things as they see fit---for every negative article--a person can find a positive one--What WILL be written after this season is that the trading of a franchise QB who is entering his 3rd full season as a starter is NOT the way to build your franchise especially when Cutler has a winning record for the first time and we struggle to fight off Jokeland for last place.......

elsid13
07-05-2009, 11:56 AM
If my job was going to get rid of me I wouldn't mind a text message. Saves me the trip down there. ;D

It better then showing up to the office and finding you keys don't work and box of your stuff is with the security guard.

Spider
07-05-2009, 12:10 PM
I get fired the old fashion way , and it generally goes like this .......
Boss Hey Spider ,what happened to the spare tire you had ?
Spider : whats it to you you writing a book ? If you are kiss my ass and make it a romance novel ..
Boss : Spider I have just about had it with you .....
Spider : thats sexual harassment.....
Boss : Dammit spider just tell me what in the hell did you do with the spare tire ....
Spider :well since you put it that way I had to use it on ( whatever axle the blow out on )

DBroncos4life
07-05-2009, 12:10 PM
Do to the fact that Cutler didn't answer any of his text's from the team or phone calls from PB or McD I don't believe he even knows how to use a phone let alone text a guy and fire him that way so I have to believe this story is fake.

Spider
07-05-2009, 12:15 PM
;D here is another good one that got me fired from ACE trans .........
Jerry: hey Spider you are missing 4 chains .....
Spider : yeah so what do you want me to do about it ? ( I knew where the cains were , Chris borrowed them to chain down a Derrick )
Jerry : tell me what happened to them ?
Spider : Whats in it for me ?
Jerry : Just come down and clean out your truck ....
Spider : fine by me , by the way we need to have a face to face about you telling my wife off over picking up my paycheck last week .......
Spider shows up at the yard , Jerry is not there ........

TheDave
07-05-2009, 12:19 PM
I get fired the old fashion way , and it generally goes like this .......
Boss Hey Spider ,what happened to the spare tire you had ?
Spider : whats it to you you writing a book ? If you are kiss my ass and make it a romance novel ..
Boss : Spider I have just about had it with you .....
Spider : thats sexual harassment.....
Boss : Dammit spider just tell me what in the hell did you do with the spare tire ....
Spider :well since you put it that way I had to use it on ( whatever axle the blow out on )

Skills... Pure unadulterated people skills. :thumbs:

Atlas
07-05-2009, 12:24 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/05/rest-of-the-story-on-cutlers-off-field-focus/

had his old business manager help him move from denver to chicago, then immediately fired him, via text. what a standup guy!

His business manager didn't "help" him move. He got paid for it. I'm sure the guy didn't do it out of the kindness of his heart. He got paid for it then he was let go because he wants an manager that lives in the same city he does.

OBVIOUSLY!!!

Taco John
07-05-2009, 01:46 PM

You come across as psychotic.

SoCalBronco
07-05-2009, 01:48 PM
You come across as psychotic.

That's putting it mildly.

lostknight
07-05-2009, 01:49 PM
Seriously. Do you really have nothing better to do then come up with ways to bash Cutler now that he has left? Is your life really that meaningless and vapid?

DBroncos4life
07-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Is anyone else as shocked as I am to read that he is waiting to sign deals that could pay him large amounts of money? Yet more proof that Jay Cutler's motive to be traded wasn't money driven.

Taco John
07-05-2009, 02:50 PM
What's up with the word "antics?" I don't remember all this mayhem that Cutler caused when he was here. Seemed like the guy wasn't flipping off fans, wasn't hitting and running, wasn't getting into shouting matches with gossip columnists, and managed not to trip over his dog even once. I don't remember much by way of antics when it came to Cutler.

bronco_boi_5280
07-05-2009, 02:57 PM
What's up with the word "antics?" I don't remember all this mayhem that Cutler caused when he was here. Seemed like the guy wasn't flipping off fans, wasn't hitting and running, wasn't getting into shouting matches with gossip columnists, and managed not to trip over his dog even once. I don't remember much by way of antics when it came to Cutler.

Oh no. His antics were on the field. He "half assed it" and "totally looked like he wanted to get off the field as quick is possible" and other assorted made up drivel that has no basis in fact whatsoever.

The things these people come up with!

Cito Pelon
07-05-2009, 03:12 PM

No kidding, it's like euthanizing a pet.

Cito Pelon
07-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Oh no. His antics were on the field. He "half assed it" and "totally looked like he wanted to get off the field as quick is possible" and other assorted made up drivel that has no basis in fact whatsoever.

The things these people come up with!

Hey! Don't start your **** with me, I'll run you into the ground, boi.

Cito Pelon
07-05-2009, 03:23 PM

Actually that would be better than a phone call. Because when ever they try to get me on the phone I don't pick up. I love caller ID.

Slacker.

footstepsfrom#27
07-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Repeating this again...

The problem here...is that profootballtalk.com is not a reliable news source...nor do they really claim to be. They bill themselves as a "rumor mill"...and a few years ago they actually reported that Terry Bradshaw was killed in a car accident. The writer...Mike Florio...is a lawyer who does this more or less as a hobby and relies on "sources"...generally anonomous.

Beyond that...I'm not sure why anyone would reallly be interested in why or how Jay Cutler fired his business manager. I mean truly...is it really relevant to anything? People claim they're enthused and excited by the new regime and see this as the start of great things...if so then why even continue talking about Cutler? Or are we just doomed to hear this stuff for the rest of his career? Maybe another 12-13 years?

This stuff is just boring now.

Archer81
07-05-2009, 07:57 PM
Why fire someone through textmessage? Some things need to be said.

:Broncos:

Blueflame
07-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Why fire someone through textmessage? Some things need to be said.

Why does any Bronco fan care what means the Bears' QB used to inform his former business manager that he was fired? Hell, he could have used courier pigeon for all I care...

Archer81
07-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Why does any Bronco fan care what means the Bears' QB used to inform his former business manager that he was fired? Hell, he could have used courier pigeon for all I care...

Its a sign of a lack of maturity. He texted the Broncos front office, he texted his business manager. Does he break up with gf's through texts too? I really dont care about Cutler, hes not a Bronco anymore, but the dude needs to grow a sack.

SoCalBronco
07-05-2009, 08:05 PM
Its a sign of a lack of maturity. He texted the Broncos front office, he texted his business manager. Does he break up with gf's through texts too? I really dont care about Cutler, hes not a Bronco anymore, but the dude needs to grow a sack.

So the guy that repeatedly rescued our defense and gallantly played at a high level while losing 30 pounds to diabetes is the one who needs to grow a sack?

Blueflame
07-05-2009, 08:08 PM

There are a lot of young people in the world today whose primary means of communication is the text message. Guess all of 'em are immature and need to grow a sack...

Again, why does it matter? It shouldn't. Big deal...

Archer81
07-05-2009, 08:09 PM
So the guy that repeatedly rescued our defense and gallantly played at a high level while losing 30 pounds to diabetes is the one who needs to grow a sack?

So because he is too stupid to get a second opinion on 30 pounds of weight loss in a single season, and didnt win half the time he played makes him gallant?

Archer81
07-05-2009, 08:10 PM
There are a lot of young people in the world today whose primary means of communication is the text message. Guess all of 'em are immature and need to grow a sack...

Again, why does it matter? It shouldn't. Big deal...

Really that much harder to highlight a number and press send to make a call?

SoCalBronco
07-05-2009, 08:12 PM
So because he is too stupid to get a second opinion on 30 pounds of weight loss in a single season, and didnt win half the time he played makes him gallant?

The player relies on the word of the medical staff. It is assumed they are competent. In theory, they are in a better position to know. You raise a good point, though. Greek and the other clowns aren't competent. They ****ed Jay over and they ****ed Marshall over, too (as well Trevor). They should be canned.

24champ
07-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Tsiguy is a dbag to the Nth degree...

Archer81
07-05-2009, 08:17 PM
The player relies on the word of the medical staff. It is assumed they are competent. In theory, they are in a better position to know. You raise a good point, though. Greek and the other clowns aren't competent. They ****ed Jay over and they ****ed Marshall over, too (as well Trevor). They should be canned.

You would think one of the trainers would look at web MD with the symptoms frequent urination, weight loss, fatigue, increased sugar consumption and make the connection that hey, maybe Jay needs to go get checked for diabetes. It makes me wonder now about the career ending injuries to TD and Rod Smith or Ed McCaffrey, how much of that was aggravated because of incompetent medical staff?

Blueflame
07-05-2009, 08:19 PM
Really that much harder to highlight a number and press send to make a call?

It wouldn't matter. This is nothing more than a transparent excuse to bash him. If he'd phoned then some would say that was immature and unprofessional because an official termination letter was the only approved method...

Bash away; just admit that's all this thread is.... sour grapes.

SoCalBronco
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM

QFT

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 08:24 PM

go smoke a pole you hating piece of ****.

Archer81
07-05-2009, 08:25 PM
It wouldn't matter. This is nothing more than a transparent excuse to bash him. If he'd phoned then some would say that was immature and unprofessional because an official termination letter was the only approved method...

Bash away; just admit that's all this thread is.... sour grapes.

You dont think its indicitive of Cutler's attitude that he would prefer to text when its bad news rather than make a call? Hes avoiding conflict, and a sign that the guy is immature. Its not even a bad thing to fire an agent in Denver when you now live in Chicago, it makes sense. But if you work with someone for any length of time, why not call them? Is Jay so busy hanging out with Hester and Olsen that he cant make a 2 minute call?

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 08:25 PM
QFT

same with you, no wonder half this ****ing board hates you, amazing how thigns have changed in the 6 months since you were a respected poster.

DBroncos4life
07-05-2009, 08:28 PM
QFT

Somewhere there is a DBag pissed to high heaven because this guy got lumped in with him. ;D

Blueflame
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
You dont think its indicitive of Cutler's attitude that he would prefer to text when its bad news rather than make a call? Hes avoiding conflict, and a sign that the guy is immature. Its not even a bad thing to fire an agent in Denver when you now live in Chicago, it makes sense. But if you work with someone for any length of time, why not call them? Is Jay so busy hanging out with Hester and Olsen that he cant make a 2 minute call?

I don't care. I have nothing more invested in him because he plays for the Bears; not the Broncos. It matters nothing whatsoever to me if he's immature or not... or if his choice of txt message is an indication of immaturity or not. BFD.

SoCalBronco
07-05-2009, 08:29 PM
same with you, no wonder half this ****ing board hates you, amazing how thigns have changed in the 6 months since you were a respected poster.

I don't give a flying **** what you think of me, so I really couldn't care less.

I'd rather read Bob's Mom's takes than yours, anyway.

SoCalBronco
07-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Somewhere there is a DBag pissed to high heaven because this guy got lumped in with him. ;D

Haha....fair enough, DB. LOL

Archer81
I don't care. I have nothing more invested in him because he plays for the Bears; not the Broncos. It matters nothing whatsoever to me if he's immature or not... or if his choice of txt message is an indication of immaturity or not. BFD.

This we agree on.

Blueflame

SoCal is still among the most popular, respected, and valued posters on the Mane.

24champ
07-05-2009, 08:31 PM
go smoke a pole you hating piece of ****.

Are you mental? Get the net!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Jt-5rm0Nsao/SXUpoGrEM9I/AAAAAAAAARY/dAOBkJOKEJs/s200/wayne+campbell.jpeg

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 08:41 PM
SoCal is still among the most popular, respected, and valued posters on the Mane.

so waht has he contributed to this forum in 2009 besides whining pessimistic bull****?

Blueflame
07-05-2009, 08:47 PM
so waht has he contributed to this forum in 2009 besides whining pessimistic bull****?

Seriously, if someone (say... Dortoh) posted a poll asking whose posts people are most likely to read... and SoCal's name was included in the list... he would get a significant percentage of the votes.

So he doesn't like the changes that have happened this offseason? He has the right to think that way and to express that.

24champ
07-05-2009, 08:50 PM
so waht has he contributed to this forum in 2009

Hope you get assraped with a 15 inch dick dripping with aids.

SoCalBronco
07-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Hope you get assraped with a 15 inch dick dripping with aids.

I'll always be remembered for that. ROFL!

http://lp.imageg.net/prod?set=key[name],value[WITH+AIDS]&set=key[number],value[15]&set=key[displaysize],value[220]&load=url[http://chains.imageg.net/graphics/dynamic/chains/p2754894_customback.chain]

Cito Pelon
07-05-2009, 08:59 PM
I'll always be remembered for that. ROFL!

Yup. You're never gonna escape from the ass-raping by a 15-inch AIDS dick. In fact, the only reason I posted just now so it will be easy to search.

NFLBRONCO
07-05-2009, 09:10 PM

SoCal is one cool dude is all I have to say.

summerdenver
07-05-2009, 09:11 PM

+1.

Also Just want to add that Jay is not coming back so give it up.

Spider
07-05-2009, 09:13 PM
LOL and TSIguy thought I was a pain in the ass ...... he will learn I am pretty mellow compared to some of the ruthless posters here ..................

Blueflame
07-05-2009, 09:23 PM

Yes, he is.

Cito Pelon
07-05-2009, 09:23 PM
LOL and TSIguy thought I was a pain in the ass ...... he will learn I am pretty mellow compared to some of the ruthless posters here ..................

Sure, you're a cupcake.

Spider
07-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Sure, you're a cupcake.

I prefer the term mad people skills

Atlas
07-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Is anyone else as shocked as I am to read that he is waiting to sign deals that could pay him large amounts of money? Yet more proof that Jay Cutler's motive to be traded wasn't money driven.

BUT he isn't signing these deals until he shows it on the field. There is nothing wrong with that. He probably has a 1,000 deals he could sign on to right now, but yet he waits until he can back it up on the field.

AND he has not mentioned ONE WORD about not renegotiating his contract.

Let's face it, him wanting out of Denver has nothing to do with money and EVERYTHING to do with coaching.

DBroncos4life
07-05-2009, 09:59 PM
BUT he isn't signing these deals until he shows it on the field. There is nothing wrong with that. He probably has a 1,000 deals he could sign on to right now, but yet he waits until he can back it up on the field.

AND he has not mentioned ONE WORD about not renegotiating his contract.

Let's face it, him wanting out of Denver has nothing to do with money and EVERYTHING to do with coaching.

But....but... that poll popps made proved once and for all that he wanted a new contract.

Atlas
07-05-2009, 10:20 PM
But....but... that poll popps made proved once and for all that he wanted a new contract.

Cutler knows that if he goes out and plays the way he can his contract will get re-done next year. Chicago is going to have a pretty good team this year so it's probably a safe play by Jay.

footstepsfrom#27
07-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Repeating this again since it might be important...

The problem here...is that profootballtalk.com is not a reliable news source...nor do they really claim to be. They bill themselves as a "rumor mill"...and a few years ago they actually reported that Terry Bradshaw was killed in a car accident. The writer...Mike Florio...is a lawyer who does this more or less as a hobby and relies on "sources"...generally anonomous.

Beyond that...I'm not sure why anyone would reallly be interested in why or how Jay Cutler fired his business manager. I mean truly...is it really relevant to anything? People claim they're enthused and excited by the new regime and see this as the start of great things...if so then why even continue talking about Cutler? Or are we just doomed to hear this stuff for the rest of his career? Maybe another 12-13 years?

cutthemdown
07-05-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm over Cutler stuff. That is all I have to say. Enjoy yourselves.

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 12:01 AM
So he fired his old business manager, so what? Sheer specultaion to say doing so means prompting "some league insiders wonder whether Cutler truly has matured."

There's a million reasons why he might've been fired ... Cutler being immature seems low on the list of possibilities to me.

I agree Jay is basically a child, but this action - delaying endorsements for now - seems very reasonable given the circumstances ???

bpc
07-06-2009, 12:17 AM
It's not Cutler driving the Broncos into the ground... nobody needs to look any further than Pat Bowlen.

I love the Cutler hate brigade. Keep posting more! He's EVIL! Ha ha.

worm
07-06-2009, 01:34 AM

You realize that our coach was texting Cutler at various points during the whole debacle and considered that communication. Is he immature as well...or do your rules only apply to those you don't like?

Jason in LA
07-06-2009, 06:57 AM
Slacker.

Pretty much. I'm like Peter from Office Space. ;D

Jason in LA
07-06-2009, 07:27 AM
Repeating this again...

I've always said that PFT is nothing more than a tabloid. I don't see why anybody would take them serious. What's the point of reporting the manner in which Cutler fired his agent? Why is that news worthy?

Garcia Bronco
07-06-2009, 07:46 AM
What a completely classless move by Cutler. Anyone who argues otherwise has to be crazy. Let's see how you feel if you get ****-canned by text message. I can imagine more than a few jilted lover attitudes. I am so glad this talented QB bum is out of my town.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 08:16 AM

SoCal has way more respect around here than some two-bit homer with a Cutler obsession.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 08:27 AM
The Chiefs fired Guther Cunningham by email when he was their HC.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 08:32 AM
SoCal has way more respect around here than some two-bit homer with a Cutler obsession.

socal used to be a good poster here, until he flipped a ****ing lid over everything that has happened this offseason with no real evidence that the team is for the worse, considering no one has even seen training camp much less preseason.

you are in the identical boat as him, its pretty amazing.

me on the other hand, ive been asking all year whats wrong with being a homer? there is no real good answer you can give for that, even though im not one, just optimistic and dont just focus on the bad that happened this offseason, like you negative pricks. theres no reason to be so pissed off and only see doom and gloom because
a. you cant control it, no reason to get mad
b. the team is not as bad as you and socal think they are, just because cutler is gone you think its all over and we should relocate

but no, you dont see it that way, the season is over as far as you are concerned. its sad.

vancejohnson82
07-06-2009, 09:17 AM

My ex-girlfriend sent me a certified letter telling me I should get myself tested

gyldenlove
07-06-2009, 09:25 AM

Jon Gruden always cut players via text messages, emails or simply having their stuff fedexed to their house, he pretty much never called or talked to the players.

Irish Stout
07-06-2009, 09:31 AM
socal used to be a good poster here, until he flipped a ****ing lid over everything that has happened this offseason with no real evidence that the team is for the worse, considering no one has even seen training camp much less preseason.

me on the other hand, ive been asking all year whats wrong with being a homer? there is no real good answer you can give for that, even though im not one, just optimistic and dont just focus on the bad that happened this offseason, like you negative pricks. theres no reason to be so pissed off and only see doom and gloom because
b. the team is not as bad as you and socal think they are, just because cutler is gone you think its all over and we should relocate

but no, you dont see it that way, the season is over as far as you are concerned. its sad.

You've not been asking all year whats wrong with being a homer, you've spent all year bashing everyone else for not being as homerific as you. You may be optimistic about the team, but its hard to see through your multi-layered pessimism and negativity spewed at everyone else who has an opinion not similar to yours.

You are the biggest whiner on this board. Granted its not about the state of the team, but its friggin obnoxious man. Get a new shtick. Its fine if you want to cheer on the Broncos and point out how people who predict a tough year could be wrong... but can we move on from the "You think we'll struggle therefore you're a pussy who should become a chiefs fan" - bullsheet.

Some of my dearest friends are Broncos fans who've predicted doom and gloom since the 1970s, while watching every single game. Being pesimistic on the out-come of the season before it starts is a coping mechanism for these people - when the Broncos do poorly they can sigh and say it was expected. When the Broncos do well they can be elated and celebrate the season with a view that expectations were exceeded. Either way, its football and as important as it is to all of us its not that important. I don't hear you chewing out those who think the falling economy will continue for being doom and gloom nay-sayers who should move to Russia. Where's your equal support of the stimulus packages and how they'll be kicking in any minute? I mean you are an American right? Surely its un-American to go against what the President thinks as right.

I vote I am sick of the "I'm a better fan than you because I think we have a chance" attitudes. Now what does my vote get me? I will trade it and all my rep points in for a Cheeseburger!

vancejohnson82
07-06-2009, 09:35 AM
You've not been asking all year whats wrong with being a homer, you've spent all year bashing everyone else for not being as homerific as you. You may be optimistic about the team, but its hard to see through your multi-layered pessimism and negativity spewed at everyone else who has an opinion not similar to yours.

You are the biggest whiner on this board. Granted its not about the state of the team, but its friggin obnoxious man. Get a new shtick. Its fine if you want to cheer on the Broncos and point out how people who predict a tough year could be wrong... but can we move on from the "You think we'll struggle therefore you're a p***Y who should become a chiefs fan" - bullsheet.

Some of my dearest friends are Broncos fans who've predicted doom and gloom since the 1970s, while watching every single game. Being pesimistic on the out-come of the season before it starts is a coping mechanism for these people - when the Broncos do poorly they can sigh and say it was expected. When the Broncos do well they can be elated and celebrate the season with a view that expectations were exceeded. Either way, its football and as important as it is to all of us its not that important. I don't hear you chewing out those who think the falling economy will continue for being doom and gloom nay-sayers who should move to Russia. Where's your equal support of the stimulus packages and how they'll be kicking in any minute? I mean you are an American right? Surely its un-American to go against what the President thinks as right.
I vote I am sick of the "I'm a better fan than you because I think we have a chance" attitudes. Now what does my vote get me? I will trade it and all my rep points in for a Cheeseburger!

With that kind of attitude you should use that stimulus payment for a Bears uniform pussy.....:welcome:

Irish Stout
07-06-2009, 09:37 AM
With that kind of attitude you should use that stimulus payment for a Bears uniform p***Y.....:welcome:

Hell yeah! I'm done with this team! Lucky for me I bought an orange Cutler Jersey last year. I'm gonna draw a couple bears with my amazing art skills and tape em onto the jersey covering all the Broncos logos and such. That way I will be awesome!

I'm moving to Chicago too.... although Cutler might fire me as a fan before I get there.

Tombstone RJ
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
My ex-girlfriend sent me a certified letter telling me I should get myself tested

Oh wow, that does indeed suck.

boppool
07-06-2009, 09:40 AM
It's kinda sad that Shanny babied this kid that he let the success go to his head. I remember when he came out of Vanderbilt, he was a hard-nosed smart blue-collar kid from Santa Clause, Indiana where he helped his dad laying out driveways when he was home. I think we witnessed him slowly turning into this cocky bastard when he claimed to have better arm than Elway and blasting off at his teammates whenever they make a mistake during games... How sad indeed.. and what a waste of talent...

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Hell yeah! I'm done with this team! Lucky for me I bought an orange Cutler Jersey last year. I'm gonna draw a couple bears with my amazing art skills and tape em onto the jersey covering all the Broncos logos and such. That way I will be awesome!

I'm moving to Chicago too.... although Cutler might fire me as a fan before I get there.

But will he do it via txt? That would be immature and classless, y'know... :P

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 10:59 AM

So let's summarize.... "you" don't like SoCal's posts since McDaniels took over (because his perspective differs from your own) so that means SoCal suddenly became persona non grata around here? You'd have to have a severe case of tunnel vision to believe he's unpopular... and that's no joke.

broncofan2438
07-06-2009, 11:01 AM
screw Cutler

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 11:35 AM

Wow.

Game, set, match, haters :~ohyah!:

footstepsfrom#27
07-06-2009, 11:38 AM
So let's summarize.... "you" don't like SoCal's posts since McDaniels took over (because his perspective differs from your own) so that means SoCal suddenly became persona non grata around here? You'd have to have a severe case of tunnel vision to believe he's unpopular... and that's no joke.
SoCal's a top 5 poster on the OM.

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 11:42 AM

Yes, he is... and I daresay that if one or the other (SoCal or Tsiguy) was generally regarded as a "whiner" around the forum... well, it wouldn't be SoCal. Tsiguy is waging a battle he can't win here.... Ha!

vancejohnson82
07-06-2009, 11:51 AM

the rankings are racist

19Morton77
07-06-2009, 11:59 AM

yes, comparing your gardner to your business manager is a reach. I am sure you had dinner with the gardner, went on perks with him and so on. Compare apples with oranges. Plus, your story is bogus. When was the last time that a gardner for hire listed a web page or email?

TheDave
07-06-2009, 12:03 PM
yes, comparing your gardner to your business manager is a reach. I am sure you had dinner with the gardner, went on perks with him and so on. Compare apples with oranges. Plus, your story is bogus. When was the last time that a gardner for hire listed a web page or email?

Actually the story isn't bogus... yes even gardeners have knowledge of the "internets" :thumbs:

and thank you for reminding me of the golden rule... once you have dinner with someone or go on an "perk" electronic communication is no longer allowed.

NFLBRONCO
07-06-2009, 12:06 PM

Who are the top 4???

SureShot
07-06-2009, 12:14 PM

Second

Broncos4tw
07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Why are people still creating threads, trying to prove what a great idea it was to get rid of Cutler? It wasn't a great move, it was a stupid move. But it's done, he is gone, get over it for craps sake.

In neckbeard we trust!

Taco John
07-06-2009, 01:37 PM

You must be high or something. I don't think the season is over. I'm expecting the playoffs.

Are you?

elsid13
07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
Funny thing is, the text email could have been just confirming a conversion Cutler had with Denver based business manager when they were both in Chicago. But screw that, he's the leper king and gives everyone the HIV

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Yes, he is... and I daresay that if one or the other (SoCal or Tsiguy) was generally regarded as a "whiner" around the forum... well, it wouldn't be SoCal. Tsiguy is waging a battle he can't win here.... Ha!

so tell me, when was the last time i whined and cried about everything going on with this team? when was the last time i b****ed and moaned that everything is not going the way i think it should? i mean, because everyone here is so talented at GM skills and have flawless football ability, especially socal.

i think its funny taht since socal has been here so long and used to contribute meaningful information, now all his bitching and moaning with no real basis is being agreed upon by the rest of you "sheep" as the haters like to call people who like teh direction of the team. wait til we play a game, if they still suck, then you have all the reason in the world to bitch, right now, all you can really do is wait to see if the product on the field is any good.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Why are people still creating threads, trying to prove what a great idea it was to get rid of Cutler? It wasn't a great move, it was a stupid move. But it's done, he is gone, get over it for craps sake.

In neckbeard we trust!

i think most of us agree it was a stupid move, but the fact that all this information keeps coming out about his levels of maturity, how he called out denver fans and how he threw everyone under the bus because of his feelings, a lot of us understand why he is gone.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Second

**** you ******

Taco John
07-06-2009, 02:22 PM
so tell me, when was the last time i whined and cried about everything going on with this team? when was the last time i b****ed and moaned that everything is not going the way i think it should? i mean, because everyone here is so talented at GM skills and have flawless football ability, especially socal.

i think its funny taht since socal has been here so long and used to contribute meaningful information, now all his b****ing and moaning with no real basis is being agreed upon by the rest of you "sheep" as the haters like to call people who like teh direction of the team. wait til we play a game, if they still suck, then you have all the reason in the world to b****, right now, all you can really do is wait to see if the product on the field is any good.

You whine and cry on this forum every day. This thread is a great example. You cry that people don't agree with every move that Pat and Josh are making. You cry that people aren't waiting until they see what's on the field before they make any judgements. But the odd thing is, you don't personally think the team is going to be any good this year. So it makes no sense.

Are you expecting the playoffs this year?

footstepsfrom#27
07-06-2009, 02:25 PM
I guess 124 posts in it's to late to question the credibility of this sight eh? Just because they bill themselves as "the rumor mill" and once reported Terry Bradshaw died in a car accident shouldn't impact whether the story is even true or not.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 02:30 PM
You whine and cry on this forum every day. This thread is a great example. You cry that people don't agree with every move that Pat and Josh are making. You cry that people aren't waiting until they see what's on the field before they make any judgements. But the odd thing is, you don't personally think the team is going to be any good this year. So it makes no sense.

Are you expecting the playoffs this year?

im HOPING for the playoffs for sure, but given the SOS and question marks at so many positions, the biggest thing im looking for is game by game improvement instead of fading down the stretch, which seems to be a shanahan tradition. i dont care if you dont agree with the moves they are making, but dont call the moves they do make failures until you know if it actually is or not, and we dont.

same with all the draft picks, people calling so many picks wasted, yet by most accounts they all have the same traits: smart, football players, tough. but as per OM tradition, if they didnt pick the guys you like, its a wasted draft.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
im HOPING for the playoffs for sure, but given the SOS and question marks at so many positions, the biggest thing im looking for is game by game improvement instead of fading down the stretch, which seems to be a shanahan tradition. i dont care if you dont agree with the moves they are making, but dont call the moves they do make failures until you know if it actually is or not, and we dont.

same with all the draft picks, people calling so many picks wasted, yet by most accounts they all have the same traits: smart, football players, tough. but as per OM tradition, if they didnt pick the guys you like, its a wasted draft.

See. Your take makes absolutely no sense. You think that the team is worse, but you don't want anybody to complain about it.

You're a clown.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 02:41 PM
See. Your take makes absolutely no sense. You think that the team is worse, but you don't want anybody to complain about it.

You're a clown.

did i EVER say the team is worse, one time? read my post again and try to comprehend. there is too many unknowns on defense to be sure if its better or worse, look at how shanahan left it and mcdaniels cant fix everything in one offseason.

as a team, i think they are better because mcdaniels is actually trying to make teh defense and special teams better, the QB situation should be fine considering how good mcdaniels is at building QBs and offenses to fit their skill sets, running game is improved, WR depth is better. the forecast for this team is good, but i dont know if that will translate to wins given the SO, do you get it?

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 02:42 PM

i think its funny taht since socal has been here so long and used to contribute meaningful information, now all his b****ing and moaning with no real basis is being agreed upon by the rest of you "sheep" as the haters like to call people who like teh direction of the team. wait til we play a game, if they still suck, then you have all the reason in the world to b****, right now, all you can really do is wait to see if the product on the field is any good.

You're whining and crying about SoCal's posts right now... pretty much insisting that your own perspective on things is the only "correct" one and that expressing a differing viewpoint will make SoCal "unpopular"... and that simply... flat out...ain't gonna happen.

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 02:44 PM
I guess 124 posts in it's to late to question the credibility of this sight eh? Just because they bill themselves as "the rumor mill" and once reported Terry Bradshaw died in a car accident shouldn't impact whether the story is even true or not.

Facts don't get in the way of a good Cutler-bash these days... an unsubstantiated rumor is good enough to get the howls of outrage started.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 02:47 PM
You're whining and crying about SoCal's posts right now... pretty much insisting that your own perspective on things is the only "correct" one and that expressing a differing viewpoint will make SoCal "unpopular"... and that simply... flat out...ain't gonna happen.

youre right and socals right, this team is done for, everything that happened this offseason will kill teh team, they have no chance of winning more then 3 games this year, its all done for. who needs to see TC or any games to know that this seaso is a bust? cuz its over for, because socal said so.

Garcia Bronco
07-06-2009, 02:48 PM
SoCal can't possibly be a top 5 poster. He's a Hurricane. Good gawd get some perspective around here.

24champ
07-06-2009, 03:06 PM

You're a clown.

An entertaining clown.

Kind of like this guy...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cygIpR4WUOQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cygIpR4WUOQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

watermock
07-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Looks like McBeavis' brother.

Popps
07-06-2009, 03:29 PM

Hilarious!

Atlas
07-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Second

third

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Right now, on paper, objectively, this team is worse.

We've downgraded at WR, QB, OLB, DT and DE
We've upgraded at Safety, MLB, and probably RB.

Of course, after implementing these new systems, that could easily change. We all hope it does.

Paladin
07-06-2009, 06:28 PM
Right now, on paper, objectively, this team is worse.

We've downgraded at WR, QB, OLB, DT and DE
We've upgraded at Safety, MLB, and probably RB.

Of course, after implementing these new systems, that could easily change. We all hope it does.

WR? Who died? Same group as last year are still there so far as starters with some interesting pick ups added.

QB? Maybe the Broncos now have guys who can get scores in the Red Zone. Downgrade? Remains to be seen, eh? Maybe the addition of Moreno will make the QBs look better?

OLB? How so? I don't think so.

DT? Never had too many of them in the first place. So it may be more correct to say that it remains to be seen.

DE? Have the same ones they had before. Remains to be seen.

I think your "objective" paper views are slightly skewed.

bronco_boi_5280
07-06-2009, 06:31 PM
ROFL @ questioning the downgrade at QB.

We have certainly downgraded at QB until Orton proves otherwise.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 06:38 PM
ROFL @ questioning the downgrade at QB.

We have certainly downgraded at QB until Orton proves otherwise.

i agree but its hard to argue weve downgraded at ANY defensive positions, new players and coaching should help them.

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 07:05 PM
WR? Who died? Same group as last year are still there so far as starters with some interesting pick ups added..
Haven't you been paying attention? There's a half-dozen threads attesting to our downgrade at WR.

QB? Maybe the Broncos now have guys who can get scores in the Red Zone. Downgrade? Remains to be seen, eh? Maybe the addition of Moreno will make the QBs look better?.
Your post just jumped the shark.

OLB? How so? I don't think so..
None of our four OLBs have ever played a single down at OLB. 'Nuf said.

D.J. Williams and Wesley Woodyard were worlds better OLBs, although OLB is a good example of a position that, while clearly a downgrade on paper now, with time might become a better unit than last year.

DT? Never had too many of them in the first place. So it may be more correct to say that it remains to be seen..Our current DTs/NTs include a starter with 9 starts in 4 years, and those were all as an injury replacement three years ago. 1 career sack in 4 seasons. Carlton Powell has tons of potential, but has yet to play a down, even in preseason. Dewayne Robertson was a better playere than either, though his shelf life was raidly expiring. And I like Marcus Thomas. More than Nolan and Josh anyway ... hasn't been a peep outta Dove Valley on MT yet that I've heard.

DE? Have the same ones they had before. Remains to be seen..
Wow ... you're just not paying attention then. One of our current starters has played in just 1 game - ever - and was out of the league last year. And although I've probably been the #1 supporter of Kenny Peterson around here, he's a career backup with just one start in six years.

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 07:10 PM
SoCal .> . > . > ..> tsiguy

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 07:15 PM
i agree but its hard to argue weve downgraded at ANY defensive positions, new players and coaching should help them.

coaches coach talent plays.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 07:26 PM
coaches coach talent plays.

coaches are needed to put talent in the best possible position to win. if the players do not fit or do not understand their roles it will be impossible for them to succeed regardless of talent level.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 07:27 PM
SoCal .> . > . > ..> tsiguy

pretty much everybody > you

and to think i was beginning to think you werent such a flamer like some of the others.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 07:32 PM
I know its a different system but Orton while in the shotgun threw three TDs to six INTs. Comp % drops big time. While throwing in a two wide set his YPA is 7.41 while in the three to four wide sets it drops to 5.73. He tossed six TDs and five INTs in the two back set. He did throw ten TDs to seven INTs in the three to four wide sets, but his sacks went from five in the two wide to twenty one in the multiple sets.
Its a thing of concern when we are now going to throw from the shotgun and use three to four wide sets more then he is used to in the pros.

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 07:36 PM
pretty much everybody > you
As long as I stay ahead of you, I'm good.

and to think i was beginning to think you werent such a flamer like some of the others.
:devil:

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 07:36 PM
coaches are needed to put talent in the best possible position to win. if the players do not fit or do not understand their roles it will be impossible for them to succeed regardless of talent level.

REALLY? I was for sure just for us picking up Nolan to coach the D we would finish in the top 15 just like the Queefs did when Goonther cameback. There is ZERO reason to believe that our DLine is better then it was last year. If those front three players fail then we are in a huge amount of trouble regardless of more talent at the LB position.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 07:45 PM
REALLY? I was for sure just for us picking up Nolan to coach the D we would finish in the top 15 just like the Queefs did when Goonther cameback. There is ZERO reason to believe that our DLine is better then it was last year. If those front three players fail then we are in a huge amount of trouble regardless of more talent at the LB position.

i never said top 15, if we make between 18-23 thats a success. fields may be underrated (willis had a great year behind him) and the other guys have different roles being in a 3-4 then 4-3, they may thrive at the position which is designed to hold up blockers rather than penetrate, which is why we had no pressure last year, not even scheme pressure since slowick never blitzed.

we have better LBers than dline, which is why tehy are being counted on to make plays.

Popps
07-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Facts don't get in the way of a good Cutler-bash these days... an unsubstantiated rumor is good enough to get the howls of outrage started.

Ahhh... the guy quit the team. He plays for the Bears.

Why would you want to defend him? Fans want to rip some slob from another team, why would it bother you?

I think you were the one who said you refused to talk about Greise when he left the Broncos, no?

I mean, if fans want to rip a Chicago Bear... why would you bother to jump to the Chicago Bear's defense?

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 08:07 PM

Why would you want to defend him? Fans want to rip some slob from another team, why would it bother you?

I think you were the one who said you refused to talk about Greise when he left the Broncos, no?

I mean, if fans want to rip a Chicago Bear... why would you bother to jump to the Chicago Bear's defense?

I don't defend him. I don't care if he fired his former business manager via courier pigeon or even Pony Express... because he no longer matters. I don't care if he's the biggest immature a-hole in the league because he's another team's problem. Get it now? ;)

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 08:52 PM
I'll defend Jay ... I couldn't care less whether he fired his business manager, and I think it's (marginally) admirable that he doesn't want to hawk a bunch of crap until he establishes himself on the field.

I'm not ashamed to say I developed an attachment to the bastard, and I have no plans to abandon that attachment. Of course I gotta cheer for their opponents this year ... but after that, I'm a Jay fan again. Don't like it? Go screw yourself :thumbs:

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 08:56 PM
In fact, I think fans who can turn on a dime and start Jay-hating overnight are kinda strange ...

TheDave
07-06-2009, 08:58 PM

JMO... but any thread that tries to make any NFL player out to be a "Dbag to the Nth degree" because he fired his old business manager... well... deserves ridicule.

tsiguy96
07-06-2009, 09:07 PM
In fact, I think fans who can turn on a dime and start Jay-hating overnight are kinda strange ...

he abandonded the team, fans, everyone because his feelings were hurt. why shouldnt we?

TheReverend
07-06-2009, 09:07 PM
I'll defend Jay ... I couldn't care less whether he fired his business manager, and I think it's (marginally) admirable that he doesn't want to hawk a bunch of crap until he establishes himself on the field.

I'm not ashamed to say I developed an attachment to the bastard, and I have no plans to abandon that attachment. Of course I gotta cheer for their opponents this year ... but after that, I'm a Jay fan again. Don't like it? Go screw yourself :thumbs:

This.

But for me, I could care less if his success effects our first round draft pick. He's been exciting to watch and exciting to watch him grow as a player and will still be fun to watch play and progress even in a different uniform.

I'm excited Dan Connor is coming back from injury and can't wait to watch him. OMG, I must be a Panther's fan!

NFLBRONCO
07-06-2009, 09:24 PM

If he acted like a man instead of a baby all the venom could be placed on FO not an ounce on Jay. He isn't a Bronco anymore the questions I had about Jay I kept to myself at that point he got traded it no longer applies. The whole SD thing 2 yrs ago really made me mad at the time but, after all this saga it shows SD might be right about Jay afterall.

After this saga I truly question his leadership abilities more then I did before. He is a gifted player no question but, is suspect from neck up time will tell if he will ever get it or not we'll see. It just might be a quirk in his personality not only immaturity where his problems lie.

I did wonder the day McD was hired if Jay could handle a in your face HC that works with QB's so much after Jay was spoon fed by Shanny I thought it would last 1 yr boy my fears were answered just alot quicker.

Its over now

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 09:27 PM

Me, I don't hate Jay. But I don't love him anymore either because he's not a Bronco. So I'd fall into the category of "indifferent".... and could not possibly care less that he fired his former business manager or what means of communication he used to do so...

Taco John
07-06-2009, 09:51 PM
he abandonded the team, fans, everyone because his feelings were hurt. why shouldnt we?

I don't think he abandoned the team so much as he abandoned a coach who he didn't trust. Whatever you want to say about Jay, he was showing up on his own time to learn Josh's system. He was serious about getting better and learning what he needed to learn. And then when the news broke that Josh was trying to trade him, the Broncos cut off all communication with Jay and his agent.

I definitely don't think that Jay handled things great. I wish he would have taken Pat's call. I think that Pat could have smoothed it all out. But the bottom line was that Jay didn't feel like he could trust his career in the hands of a coach like Josh.

I'm with Buff. I like Jay. I don't mind defending him because I don't think he acted altogether irrationally. I wouldn't want to work for someone who I didn't trust - especially if millions of dollars were at stake.

At the end of the day, I think Jay handled things poorly, and I think Josh handled things poorly.

Oh well. I just wish that people like tsi would get over it so that we don't have "look, Jay crossed the street outside of a crosswalk, how immature" threads whining about the guy. Get over it already.

Popps
07-06-2009, 10:29 PM
JMO... but any thread that tries to make any NFL player out to be a "Dbag to the Nth degree" because he fired his old business manager... well... deserves ridicule.

Maybe, but if someone came up with another reason to bag on Eddie Kennison, I probably wouldn't put up too much fight about it.

Same goes for Quitler.

He walked out on his teammates and the fans without so much as a "text" to explain his actions, and was a complete coward throughout the process.

NO OTHER Broncos players had this problem. NO OTHER Broncos player has had a single issue with the new staff. Not one.

Quitler and his agent-daddy flipped the bird to the fans and the organization and forced their way out. So be it. It's a nasty business, at times. But, I don't blame any passionate Broncos fan for having a little venom for a schmuck like Kennison or Cutler who quit on the team.

You'll recall... Kennison had a litany of good reasons for quitting the team, as well. I believe many of them involved "trust issues" with the coaching staff.

Yet, I don't recall any Broncos fans chasing him down trying to swing off of his nuts when he wore a Chiefs uniform. Yet, we've got this mini-army of Quitler apologists that spring up around here any time someone throws out an unkind word about the guy.

If people were "indifferent," they wouldn't comment at all. Yet, the same little crew continues to do so.

Jay Cutler, Travis Henry, Dale Carter, Eddie Kennison... take your pick. When names like this come up, I don't blame any Broncos fan for cracking wise on them. **** 'em all.

SouthStndJunkie
07-06-2009, 10:30 PM
I don't think he abandoned the team so much as he abandoned a coach who he didn't trust. Whatever you want to say about Jay, he was showing up on his own time to learn Josh's system. He was serious about getting better and learning what he needed to learn. And then when the news broke that Josh was trying to trade him, the Broncos cut off all communication with Jay and his agent.

I definitely don't think that Jay handled things great. I wish he would have taken Pat's call. I think that Pat could have smoothed it all out. But the bottom line was that Jay didn't feel like he could trust his career in the hands of a coach like Josh.

I'm with Buff. I like Jay. I don't mind defending him because I don't think he acted altogether irrationally. I wouldn't want to work for someone who I didn't trust - especially if millions of dollars were at stake.

At the end of the day, I think Jay handled things poorly, and I think Josh handled things poorly.

Oh well. I just wish that people like tsi would get over it so that we don't have "look, Jay crossed the street outside of a crosswalk, how immature" threads whining about the guy. Get over it already.

Solid take.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 10:37 PM
Maybe, but if someone came up with another reason to bag on Eddie Kennison, I probably wouldn't put up too much fight about it.

Same goes for Quitler.

He walked out on his teammates and the fans without so much as a "text" to explain his actions, and was a complete coward throughout the process.

NO OTHER Broncos players had this problem. NO OTHER Broncos player has had a single issue with the new staff. Not one.

Quitler and his agent-daddy flipped the bird to the fans and the organization and forced their way out. So be it. It's a nasty business, at times. But, I don't blame any passionate Broncos fan for having a little venom for a schmuck like Kennison or Cutler who quit on the team.

You'll recall... Kennison had a litany of good reasons for quitting the team, as well. I believe many of them involved "trust issues" with the coaching staff.

Yet, I don't recall any Broncos fans chasing him down trying to swing off of his nuts when he wore a Chiefs uniform. Yet, we've got this mini-army of Quitler apologists that spring up around here any time someone throws out an unkind word about the guy.

If people were "indifferent," they wouldn't comment at all. Yet, the same little crew continues to do so.

Jay Cutler, Travis Henry, Dale Carter, Eddie Kennison... take your pick. When names like this come up, I don't blame any Broncos fan for cracking wise on them. **** 'em all.

yep can't agree more. I mean Kennison quit, then changed his mind. The team voted and didn't want him around because he quit mid week right before a game. Then after he was cut he went and signed with one of our hated rivals just like Jay Cutler did. How could we have been so blind to what really happened.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 10:38 PM

Uh... From your lips to God's ears.

Popps
07-06-2009, 10:39 PM
"They talk about our coach. Ask them about their coach," he said. "Ask them what kind of person he is."

Moving defensive back Deltha O'Neal to wide receiver, Kennison said, was just a way for Shanahan to "find a scapegoat."

"If you ask any of (the Denver players) -- they'll probably say the opposite -- but as long as I was there, he had his select few people he liked being around, he liked having," Kennison said. "Why do you think John Elway left? John Elway didn't like that guy. It was his way or no way. If it's not his way, it's the highway."

Sounds like the result of broken trust issues, to me.

Why didn't Eddie have a gaggle of well-wishers around here after that all went down?

He just had trust issues.

Popps
07-06-2009, 10:40 PM
Uh... From your lips to God's ears.

Still waiting for the quotes.

Find me the players bashing the staff, Taco. I know you want it to be true.

Show me the "torn apart" locker room. Post those quotes, Taco. Show us all of that dissension in the ranks.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 10:42 PM
"They talk about our coach. Ask them about their coach," he said. "Ask them what kind of person he is."

Moving defensive back Deltha O'Neal to wide receiver, Kennison said, was just a way for Shanahan to "find a scapegoat."

"If you ask any of (the Denver players) -- they'll probably say the opposite -- but as long as I was there, he had his select few people he liked being around, he liked having," Kennison said. "Why do you think John Elway left? John Elway didn't like that guy. It was his way or no way. If it's not his way, it's the highway."

Sounds like the result of broken trust issues, to me.

Why didn't Eddie have a gaggle of well-wishers around here after that all went down?

He just had trust issues.

quit mid week then resign with another team from the AFC West after cut VS traded by the FO? Last I checked players don't trade themselves.

Taco John
Don't mistake me for "indifferent." I definitely think Josh screwed the pooch on this one. I just wish that people would shut up about it already and stop starting threads on the topic. You're welcome to make up all the lies and fabrications on the situation that you want and make as many wack comparisons. I rooted for Elway after he pitched a bitch and pulled a "him or me" maneuver. That kind of stuff doesn't bother me, especially if you can bring it on Sunday.

DBroncos4life

Show me the "torn apart" locker room. Post those quotes, Taco. Show us all of that dissension in the ranks.

show us Jay Cutler saying he wants more money!!!!!

Popps
07-06-2009, 10:43 PM
yep can't agree more. I mean Kennison quit, then changed his mind. The team voted and didn't want him around because he quit mid week right before a game. Then after he was cut he went and signed with one of our hated rivals just like Jay Cutler did. How could we have been so blind to what really happened.

Kennison had major issues with Shanahan.

So, he quit.

He later explained those issues in full, calling out Shanahan as a guy most players weren't that fond of.

Trust issues.

I think we all owe Eddie an apology. I mean, I'm indifferent, of course. I really don't care, but I'm going to devote 2000 posts to defending him any time someone soils his name.

Did I mention he had trust issues with the staff?

Popps
07-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Don't mistake me for "indifferent." I definitely think Josh screwed the pooch on this one..

I know, just like Shanahan screwed up with Kennison.

Sometimes coaches just get it wrong, huh?

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Kennison had major issues with Shanahan.

So, he quit.

He later explained those issues in full, calling out Shanahan as a guy most players weren't that fond of.

Trust issues.

I think we all owe Eddie an apology. I mean, I'm indifferent, of course. I really don't care, but I'm going to devote 2000 posts to defending him any time someone soils his name.

Did I mention he had trust issues with the staff?

Can you name another player that has EVER quit mid season then signed with another team?

Popps
07-06-2009, 10:45 PM
show us Jay Cutler saying he wants more money!!!!!

He never said it, nor did I claim he said it.

That's an opinion based on him having his agent-daddy shadow him at what was supposed to be a player/coach meeting, and his subsequent splitting town after previous rumors that he wanted to split town.

Just opinion, and I've made that abundantly clear.

Popps
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Can you name another player that has EVER quit mid season then signed with another team?

He must have had serious trust issues.

Shanahan really screwed that one up.

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 10:46 PM

Same goes for Quitler.

There's a gigantic difference between requesting a trade during a tumultuous offseason..... and taking snaps with the first team all week long then leaving the team hotel on the eve of a football game (at a time when the Broncos were counting on him because Eddie Mac had gone out in Week One with his fractured leg and Rod was playing with double stress fractures). And then signing with a division rival. Also noteworthy... Quitterson's teammates had the final say regarding his future (after his agent informed him that he stood to lose a lot of money if he did quit...so he tried to come back to the Broncos like nothing had happened) and his own teammates voted him off the island. Jay... and Brandon (if he's traded; as he probably will be)... are not even remotely similar to Quitterson.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 10:48 PM
I think we can find lots of NFL players opinions about what Kennison did to the Broncos mid week and I'm pretty sure they all say its chicken ****. But for a player that so clearly think wanted more money to hold out and get traded is two different things all together. Players hold out for money all the time popps but they NEVER EVER EVER EVER quit on a team mid week during a NFL season.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 10:49 PM

Right. Quotes. Players are going to talk to the media about doubts that they might have at this point. They've got a lot to gain by airing their grievances in public.

Come on. You pretend to be smarter than that.

I don't know if the rumors I've heard of players whispering their doubts are true or not. I'm not hearing them from their mouths personally. But I've always been a "where there's smoke there is fire" kind of guy. I hope it's not true. I hope Josh McDaniels turns out to be a brilliant strategist with player management skills that can't be denied. But so far, indicators on that aren't strong. Let's see what he puts on the field.

See you all at the playoffs in January.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 10:51 PM
I know, just like Shanahan screwed up with Kennison.

Sometimes coaches just get it wrong, huh?

Sure.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 10:51 PM

If you think its even close to the samething start a ****ing poll about it. You will get laughed at.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 10:54 PM
For what it's worth, I could name about two dozen other mistakes that I think Shanahan made. How does that make Josh's handling of this situation any better?

Popps
07-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Right. Quotes. Players are going to talk to the media about doubts that they might have at this point. They've got a lot to gain by airing their grievances in public..

But, you've got zero evidence. You don't even have circumstantial evidence.

Nada.

It's not up to us to prove the earth is round, Taco. It's up to you to prove it's flat. If you want to make that claim, come with some evidence of any sort.

I don't know if the rumors I've heard of players whispering their doubts are true or not. .

In stark contrast to not only what players are saying publicly, but what I'm hearing in the form of rumors, as well. I don't claim to have many "sources," but a couple of folks who have given me good info in the past have stated that the mood is good around Dove Valley.

I wonder why a random reporter on NFL network today was reporting the same thing? Is he part of a conspiracy?

I hope it's not true. .

Uh huh.

See you all at the playoffs in January.

We aren't likely to end up in the playoffs. We certainly wouldn't have without these changes, but we're still unlikely to do anything of the sort with full system changes. While possible, even the most optimistic fans likely have more realistic expectations than that.

Odd, though... after years of mediocrity, you suddenly have high standards for the team. Weird time to suddenly decide playoffs matter, after a decade with only one win.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 10:57 PM
For what it's worth, I could name about two dozen other mistakes that I think Shanahan made. How does that make Josh's handling of this situation any better?

I think someone sent popps a old Kennison jersey when they jumped ship and he is looking for a reason to be able to wear it and not get killed. LOL

Taco John
07-06-2009, 10:59 PM
It's my sincere hope that this January, rather than reading about what a failure Josh is on these forums and having to endure another offseason reading about what could have been if only we'd have kept Shanahan or Jay or Bly or whoever that I'm sitting in the parking lot with a cold activated beverage in my hand getting laughed at for doubting our 32 year old boy wonder. I hope that I'm getting laughed at so hard that it's all I can do to drown it all in can after can until I'm ready to head into the stadium to watch more of my embarassment gloriously unfold before me.

It sure as hell would beat the monotonous empty rationalization between tsiguy and Popps on why missing the playoffs is actually a good thing, and empty posts about how we're fundamentally better even if we have a worse record.

Popps
07-06-2009, 11:00 PM
If you think its even close to the samething start a ****ing poll about it. You will get laughed at.

Well, it's different because Jay Cutler played better football than Kennison.

Let me ask you something... it Patrick Ramsey forced his way out of town, FOR THE EXACT SAME REASONS, do you think anyone would be chasing him around kissing his ass on this board?

Kennison struggled as a Bronco. So, people couldn't give a ****. When he quit the team, people said **** 'em.

If Cutler was playing sub-par football, and forced his way out under the same circumstances, people would be bashing him six ways to Sunday around here.

But, people get blinded by fantasy football yardage stats, and we turn his story into a compassionate "trust issue" story.

Well, Kenninson had trust issues. Plain and simple. Kenninson quit during the season... Cutler quit before the season. Cutler was supposed to be a team leader... a star. So, it's no less severe that he quit. In fact, it's much more severe.

So, two guys... two quitters... both state trust issues. One just happened to have better stats than the other. Otherwise, you'd be spinning these stories EXACTLY the same.

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 11:00 PM

You really are a simpleton, aren't you ...

Nobody's gonna go ON THE RECORD bashing their coach, knothead. Almost nobody in 15 years bashed Shanahan publicly (save IHOP), at least not while they were on the roster. Only later did we find out there were some issues.

I don't really think there's much discontentment now, he's young and energetic and likeable. But to think the absence of public dissent means everything's peachy is just moronic, as if they're gonna call a press conference to air their gripes ROFL!

And these dim are all the more silly with your nonsensical taunting, "show me the quotes, Taco, show me the quotes" ... "NO OTHER Bronco player has issues with the new staff." That's just sad.

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 11:02 PM
I think someone sent popps a old Kennison jersey when they jumped ship and he is looking for a reason to be able to wear it and not get killed. LOL

All I know is that Quitterson was booed louder than Barry Bonds was in Denver in September of 2005... I can personally attest to that.

Popps
07-06-2009, 11:03 PM
Popps on why missing the playoffs is actually a good thing, and empty posts about how we're fundamentally better even if we have a worse record.

Don't act stupid, because you're not. Dense, yes... stupid, no.

An 8-8 team can be better than a 9-7 team, Taco. You think record tells the whole story? Two words for you: Seattle Seahawks.

Missing the playoffs is indeed a bad thing. That's why we fired our old coach.

Improving as a franchise as we rebuild is paramount. But, it won't happen overnight, at least it usually doesn't. But, this staff appears to have a grip on what it means to build a foundation for success. Time will tell if that's the case.

Popps
07-06-2009, 11:03 PM
All I know is that Quitterson was booed louder than Barry Bonds was in Denver in September of 2005... I can personally attest to that.

As he should be, and should Quitler.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 11:05 PM
But, you've got zero evidence. You don't even have circumstantial evidence.

Nada.

It's not up to us to prove the earth is round, Taco. It's up to you to prove it's flat. If you want to make that claim, come with some evidence of any sort.

I don't have to prove anything to you. I don't have to say a damn word about it. Most of the time, I just sit on the information like this that I receive because I've seen how people receive this sort of information. People don't want to hear it. They want proof. As far as I'm concerned, the proof is in the pudding. We'll see how it unfolds this season.

I don't have proof. All I have is rumors and anecdotal evidence - such as Brandon Marshall holding out. You think the locker room is thrilled about seeing this unfolding? You don't think that they're whispering amongst themselves about this stuff? You don't think that they're not disagreeing with eachother on their takes? You don't think that they're reading what the fans on these forums are writing, and being disturbed by it? Fine by me. You don't have to think anything. I'm not here to tell anyone what to think. I'm here to tell people what I think, and let people decide for themselves. I'm here for the conversation.

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 11:05 PM

Let me ask you something... it Patrick Ramsey forced his way out of town, FOR THE EXACT SAME REASONS, do you think anyone would be chasing him around kissing his ass on this board?

Kennison struggled as a Bronco. So, people couldn't give a ****. When he quit the team, people said **** 'em.

If Cutler was playing sub-par football, and forced his way out under the same circumstances, people would be bashing him six ways to Sunday around here.

But, people get blinded by fantasy football yardage stats, and we turn his story into a compassionate "trust issue" story.

Well, Kenninson had trust issues. Plain and simple. Kenninson quit during the season... Cutler quit before the season. Cutler was supposed to be a team leader... a star. So, it's no less severe that he quit. In fact, it's much more severe.

So, two guys... two quitters... both state trust issues. One just happened to have better stats than the other. Otherwise, you'd be spinning these stories EXACTLY the same.

NO, it is not "exactly the same". One player followed established protocol (formal request for trade in the offseason); while the other let his teammates down by quitting mid-season on the eve of a game. His own teammates voted "do not let this loser ass back in our locker room".... and that's a huge difference.

Popps
07-06-2009, 11:06 PM

:spit:

Nah, I'd just recycle it.

What number did he wear with us, anyway? I can't even remember. That was like a bad dream.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 11:09 PM

You can spin this however you want too, but there isn't a former football player that would ever compare quit a team mid week and leaving your team hanging RIGHT BEFORE A GAME, (we are not talking offseason) as the same as demanding a trade in the offseason. For whatever reason holding out in the offseason is not the same as ****ing your team over on a game day I know its weird and complicated.

If Cutler walked out on a Thursday during a game week and said you know what I quit, then tried to comeback but the team didn't want him back then your god damn right I wouldn't like him, BUT thats not what happened and lets not try and pretend that it did.

Popps
07-06-2009, 11:09 PM
NO, it is not "exactly the same". One player followed established protocol (formal request for trade in the offseason); while the other let his teammates down by quitting mid-season on the eve of a game. His own teammates voted "do not let this loser ass back in our locker room".... and that's a huge difference.

Huge difference?

A team leader refuses to honor his contract? He refuses to speak to staff, meet with coaches, work out with teammates? Refuses to even text the front office back?

Seems to me that Quitler's position of importance with the team was much greater than a struggling Kennison. Yet, Quitler quit on his teammates and the fans. The "leader" of the offense quit with no explanation.

"Formally" requesting a trade while refusing to play is just refusing to play. The organization stated in no uncertain terms they wanted him to honor his contract. He forced his way out. The "leader" forced his way out.

So, you're trying to apply some sort of honor to that, while bashing Kennison for quitting for the exact same reasoning?

The team released Kennison. Quitler quit.

Popps
07-06-2009, 11:10 PM
Anyway, how could we expect Kennison to play when he had trust issues?

It was just a smart business decision on his part.

Right?

Taco John
07-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Don't act stupid, because you're not. Dense, yes... stupid, no.

An 8-8 team can be better than a 9-7 team, Taco. You think record tells the whole story? Two words for you: Seattle Seahawks.

Missing the playoffs is indeed a bad thing. That's why we fired our old coach.

Improving as a franchise as we rebuild is paramount. But, it won't happen overnight, at least it usually doesn't. But, this staff appears to have a grip on what it means to build a foundation for success. Time will tell if that's the case.

Haha...

Observe Popps. An internet phenomenon all to himself. Here is a guy who spent the last decade screaming and yelling on any forum who would have him about how the proper way to build a foundation is to start with the defensive line. He called it football 101. Anyone who would listen to him was told that the foundation to success was building a stout defensive line as your first priority, and then working outwards from there.

In one offseason, he's completely throttled himself and his position on this. He's watched, along with the rest of us, the current coach completely ignore the defensive line instead focusing our resources on defensive secondary, and scheme. The defensive line is not only an afterthought, but has been virtually ignored.

And now he's on this forum screaming loudly about how this staff has a grip on what it means to build a foundation for success, despite the fact that they've completely invalidated his entire philosophy.

My friends... Observe Popps.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Anyway, how could we expect Kennison to play when he had trust issues?

It was just a smart business decision on his part.

Right?

Sure.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 11:15 PM
So popps about the article in the thread. What are your opinions on Cutler not taking in ad deals and wanting to let his play on the field do the talking? Kind of odd for a guy that is looking for more money right?

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Huge difference?

A team leader refuses to honor his contract? He refuses to speak to staff, meet with coaches, work out with teammates? Refuses to even text the front office back?

Seems to me that Quitler's position of importance with the team was much greater than a struggling Kennison. Yet, Quitler quit on his teammates and the fans. The "leader" of the offense quit with no explanation.

"Formally" requesting a trade while refusing to play is just refusing to play. The organization stated in no uncertain terms they wanted him to honor his contract. He forced his way out. The "leader" forced his way out.

So, you're trying to apply some sort of honor to that, while bashing Kennison for quitting for the exact same reasoning?

The team released Kennison. Quitler quit.

Um. The team did not "release" Quitterson (although that could possibly be the media spin)... he retired, then tried to "unretire" after the game (after talking to his agent and being informed that he was going to lose $$)... then expected to be welcomed back with open arms and wasn't. Within two weeks he was playing for a division rival. There's no way to spin those facts.

TheDave
07-06-2009, 11:24 PM

Same goes for Quitler.

I don't see a similiarity between those players... Kennison quit on the team the night before a game (during a season that saw both Eddie Mac on IR and Rod smith injured)... hence the term quiterson. That nickname isn't going to change because he fires his business manager.

Both Dale Carter and Travis Henery are complete POS's and both belong in jail IMO. Once your in jail for drugs and have fathered more kids than the local sperm bank... what you do with your business manager doesn't make headlines.

Cutler is a different animal... he requested a trade after the team at the very least explored trading him. The stupid part was the FO doing it. Tell the kid I'm reall sorry your feelings were hurt, but too bad... See you at camp. The FO including Bowlen made this into the problem it is by trading the brat. I don't consider him a "Dbag to the Nth degree" because he asked the Broncos to complete what they already started... I don't like it, but I can't honestely say I wouldn't have done the same thing. On the other hand, I do consider the FO idiots for trading away talent like that for an average QB and a couple of lottery tickets...

This thread was a pathetic attempt by someone who overtly supports the new regime to say "I told you he was a bad guy... see, they did the right thing"

Unfortunately, it's going to take a little more than firing someone via text to make me think this trade was a good idea...

summerdenver
07-06-2009, 11:33 PM

Kudos Buff. I could not have said it any better than this.

Taco John
07-06-2009, 11:38 PM
We aren't likely to end up in the playoffs.

I wonder if not addressing the defensive line will be a reason for this...

What's your take Popps? Hahahaha! Just kidding. I couldn't care less what you think about that. You've pretty much run out of credibility on the subject.

Blueflame
07-06-2009, 11:40 PM
I don't see a similiarity between those players... Kennison quit on the team the night before a game (during a season that saw both Eddie Mac on IR and Rod smith injured)... hence the term quiterson. That nickname isn't going to change because he fires his business manager.

Both Dale Carter and Travis Henery are complete POS's and both belong in jail IMO. Once your in jail for drugs and have fathered more kids than the local sperm bank... what you do with your business manager doesn't make headlines.

Cutler is a different animal... he requested a trade after the team at the very least explored trading him. The stupid part was the FO doing it. Tell the kid I'm reall sorry your feelings were hurt, but too bad... See you at camp. The FO including Bowlen made this into the problem it is by trading the brat. I don't consider him a "Dbag to the Nth degree" because he asked the Broncos to complete what they already started... I don't like it, but I can't honestely say I wouldn't have done the same thing. On the other hand, I do consider the FO idiots for trading away talent like that for an average QB and a couple of lottery tickets...

This thread was a pathetic attempt by someone who overtly supports the new regime to say "I told you he was a bad guy... see, they did the right thing"

Unfortunately, it's going to take a little more than firing someone via text to make me think this trade was a good idea...

Pat was ultimately the man who "ended" the Jay Cutler saga in Denver... however.... the valid question still remains: where the f*** was Pat when the Boston media first broke the story that McDaniels was trying to trade Cutler away for Cassel? ??? And where the f*** was Pat for the next six weeks or so? ??? He could have put an end to all the controversy but was absent.

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 11:41 PM
A team leader refuses to honor his contract?
I guess you don't understand what it means to "honor a contract." You're blinded by your hatred of Jay, and that blindness provokes you to make silly accusations.

Fact is, Cutler did nothing to breach his contract. He attended all mandatory functions, and stated he would always do so.

summerdenver
07-06-2009, 11:41 PM

As far as I am concerned Jay did not force his way out of town, McD and Broncos did not give him a chance. Negotiation 101, you give the other guy a way out. If you insist on rubbing his nose in the dirt, most of the time people go all the way for pride.

To answer your question it depends on the players and I can't explain why for e.g. I always supported ex broncos like Trevor and Portis even though they did not leave on good terms (IIRC Trevor even took a shot at Broncos his first year with Bal). On the other hand I did not care much for Ashley or Javon. May be its the toughness Jay showed in showing up for KC game a week after getting seriously hurt in Detroit or in staying the whole game while getting his ass kicked in NE game - but i like the kid. I will always support him except when Bears play the Broncos.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 11:46 PM

So you are "defending" Kennison and claiming that Shanahan let him down and thats why he quit right? But at the sametime its not McD's fault that Cutler quit when he claims he doesn't feel trust? Its really hard to follow your point of view on this subject.

BroncoBuff
07-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Pat was ultimately the man who "ended" the Jay Cutler saga in Denver... however.... the valid question still remains: where the **** was Pat when the Boston media first broke the story that McDaniels was trying to trade Cutler away for Cassel? ??? And where the **** was Pat for the next six weeks or so? ??? He could have put an end to all the controversy but was absent.
That's a very good point. I hate to bring up the alcohol thing yet again, but this absence you bring up has the Zimmerman induction speech resurfacing in my mind. I get the feeling he and Joe Ellis brought in McD, which is fine I suppose. But then while Pat fiddled (drank?), the young turk pulled a palace coup, jettisoned Goodman and marginalized Xanders, and then started running amok upstairs in the front office.

Pat should have come into work and put the brakes on that runaway train.

All I can say is, Ayers and Alphonso better be good ....

Popps
07-06-2009, 11:49 PM
As far as I am concerned Jay did not force his way out of town, McD and Broncos did not give him a chance.

It would have been tough to give him a chance when he refused to call, text or show up at a player/coach meeting without his daddy-agent.

Besides that, great point.

Popps
07-06-2009, 11:50 PM
So you are "defending" Kennison and claiming that Shanahan let him down and thats why he quit right? But at the sametime its not McD's fault that Cutler quit when he claims he doesn't feel trust? Its really hard to follow your point of view on this subject.

You know I'm mostly ****ing around....

but not completely.

I'm well aware Quitterson and Quitler were different situations.

Just not nearly as different as some of the Quitler groupies around here make it out to be. Both quit, both claimed "trust issues."

Though, at least Kennison came out and said something. Cutler coudln't even do that.

Popps
07-06-2009, 11:52 PM

I wonder if not addressing the defensive line will be a reason for this...

Let's see, three new starters on the DL, including the best DE prospect in the entire draft?

Add to that a completely revamped front 7, and yep... we've got the makings of much needed change.

Finally.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 11:54 PM
You know I'm mostly ****ing around....

but not completely.

I'm well aware Quitterson and Quitler were different situations.

Just not nearly as different as some of the Quitler groupies around here make it out to be. Both quit, both claimed "trust issues."

Though, at least Kennison came out and said something. Cutler coudln't even do that.

No it makes perfect sense really Shanny is to blame for Kennison quiting on the team and walking out on them because Kennison felt he couldn't trust Shanny and at the sametime Cutler is to blame for him quiting on the team and walking out on them because he couldn't trust McD. The logic is flawless. Either way you are right on the situation and the rest of us are left wondering how we could be so blind to what really goes on here.

DBroncos4life
07-06-2009, 11:56 PM
Let's see, three new starters on the DL, including the best DE prospect in the entire draft?

Add to that a completely revamped front 7, and yep... we've got the makings of much needed change.

Finally.

How many of the revamped front seven would be considered cast offs from other teams second units?

24champ
07-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Let's see, three new starters on the DL

How many games did they start for their former teams? Combined?

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 12:00 AM

Other than Tyson Jackson.

Wrong again.

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 12:01 AM

Finally.

Please provide your (detailed) breakdown on exactly why those 3 new starters on the DL will be better than their predecessors... and ditto for the "best DE prospect in the entire draft"... I understand that may be looking at a move to (the unfamiliar position of) OLB.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 12:05 AM
Please provide your (detailed) breakdown on exactly why those 3 new starters on the DL will be better than their predecessors...
This oughtta be good ... :~ohyah!:

ditto for the "best DE prospect in the entire draft"... I understand that may be looking at a move to (the unfamiliar position of) OLB.
Well, Tyson Jackson was the best DE in the draft as I mentioned (I assume that's why you used quotes).

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 12:09 AM
This oughtta be good ... :~ohyah!:

Well, Tyson Jackson was the best DE in the draft as I mentioned (I assume that's why you used quotes).

Well... the term "best DE in the draft" (referring to Ayers) was in quotes because that was the stance Popps took in the post I quoted above... ;D Interesting is the rumor that they're not planning to use him at DE... (he is rather undersized).

24champ
07-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Please provide your (detailed) breakdown on exactly why those 3 new starters on the DL will be better than their predecessors... and ditto for the "best DE prospect in the entire draft"... I understand that may be looking at a move to (the unfamiliar position of) OLB.

To be fair, I wanted Burney and other coaches gone on the defensive side of the ball. Judging from my time at TC, and others that were there can attest to this...Burney never taught anything to the DL, never worked on making their techniques better.

The players might not be an improvement, but we do have better coaches...I hope. Find out in 3-4 weeks...

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 12:15 AM
How many games did they start for their former teams? Combined?

PETERSON: 1 start in 6 years, this past season for an injured Ekuban
FIELDS: 9 starts in 4 years ... all 9 as an injury fill-in in 2006
McBEAN: Has played in just 1 game ever, and was out of the league last year

So there you have it. I suppose when September comes, McBean will probably not be in the starting lineup (I hope MT plays 3-4 DE), but Ryan is running with the first team so far, so again, there you have it.

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 12:17 AM
OK... so we have 3 virtual rookies slated to be starters in a 3-4 lineup. And "coaching upgrade" is the reason we're supposed to be optimistic about this? ???

DBroncos4life
07-07-2009, 12:18 AM

So there you have it. I suppose when September comes, McBean will probably not be in the starting lineup (I hope MT plays 3-4 DE), but Ryan is running with the first team so far, so again, there you have it.

There would be some kind of sweet justice if 5 out of the 7 players in the new front 7 end up being hold overs from Shanny's ignored D.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Well... the term "best DE in the draft" (referring to Ayers) was in quotes because that was the stance Popps took in the post I quoted above... ;D Interesting is the rumor that they're not planning to use him at DE... (he is rather undersized).

I actually have faith in Nolan, I really do.

But doesn't it seem a bit strange that none of our 4 top OLBS has ever played a down at that position? Or that whatever pair of Reid, Elvis, Ayers or Crowder will become the largest pair of OLBs in NFL history (I'm pretty sure)?

Like I say, I trust Nolan ... but there's a few things that have me scratching my head hmmm...

summerdenver
07-07-2009, 12:20 AM
It would have been tough to give him a chance when he refused to call, text or show up at a player/coach meeting without his daddy-agent.

Besides that, great point.

Well Broncos said that its is a business and they will do what is in their best interest - translation as far as they are concerned there is no place for loyalties. After taking this position, why are they getting their panties in a bunch to include Jay's agent in discussions?

If you are in management role before you will realize that fundamental rule in conflict resolution is to give the other party a way to save their face. If you stick to your position and say the only option is I win and you loose, it rarely gets resolved. What option did Broncos give Jay? Why were they insisting on meeting a player without his business adviser when its a business?

From the beginning their postion is it is a business if you don't show up we will mange with someone else. Well he said ok manage with some one else ........

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Again, I'll ask... is the only reason for optimism that the "D" will be improved... "addition by subtraction" re: coaching? (anyone or their dog is an upgrade to Slowik, Burney, et al?) ???

Popps
07-07-2009, 12:24 AM
If you are in management role before you will realize that fundamental rule in conflict resolution is to give the other party a way to save their face.

The did.

It's called a "telephone."

Quitler apparently couldn't figure out how to dial or answer one.

He was watching cage-fighting and packing his things to leave town, instead.

Oh well. C'est la vie!

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 12:25 AM
I actually have faith in Nolan, I really do.

But doesn't it seem a bit strange that none of our 4 top OLBS has ever played a down at that position? Or that whatever pair of Reid, Elvis, Ayers or Crowder will become the largest pair of OLBs in NFL history (I'm pretty sure)?

Like I say, I trust Nolan ... but there's a few things that have me scratching my head hmmm...

Nolan has to earn my trust... :) The primary thing I remember about him is his failure as SF's HC.

Popps
07-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Again, I'll ask... is the only reason for optimism that the "D" will be improved... "addition by subtraction" re: coaching? (anyone or their dog is an upgrade to Slowik, Burney, et al?) ???

Of course not.

The secondary should be vastly improved with Dawkins, hopefully a healthy Champ, two highly ranked S prospects and a couple of veterans to fight for jobs.

We added a solid run defender and experienced 3-4 LB in Davis and will be able to move Dumervil (and potentially others) into a position that should suit him (them) better.

We added the top DE prospect in the draft.

We signed a number of experienced 3-4 players and added depth to the front seven via UDFA's.

And, yes... we did dump Slowick and his disaster of a scheme, as well as a number of absolutely useless players (starters!) like Engelberger, who I STILL don't believe has even found work as a back-up.

Add to all of that a DC that actually might know what the **** he's doing, and yes... you've got the basis for some legitimate optimism on the defensive side of the ball.

Beyond that, we're not done. Training camp hasn't even started. There may be more moves and surprises before opening day.

hambone13
07-07-2009, 12:35 AM
FEELS GOOD...

I love it when Popps only has 250/330,000 plus characters to quote against because he's being prison raped and pimp slapped by reality....I really justified the last 20 minutes of my life by not having to respond....

Thanks gents...you know who you are...you really are special to me...I mean it.

24champ
07-07-2009, 12:36 AM

Cool, finding garbage from other teams...something we have never done before.

Oh wait.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 12:36 AM
As far as I am concerned Jay did not force his way out of town, McD and Broncos did not give him a chance. Negotiation 101, you give the other guy a way out. If you insist on rubbing his nose in the dirt, most of the time people go all the way for pride.
Man, you said it right there, rep. And the exact same thing goes for Marshall right now. Like I said a dozen times in the weeks before they traded Jay, and a couple-three times just today about Brandon, you gotta give them a way to save face and come in.

These are just kids, 24-25 years old. They do crazy, prideful things, sometimes without thinking them through. When they get their pink little butts too far out on a limb, you gotta give them a path back in. But then again, that takes good people skills and some patient finesse in negotiating ... qualities Josh clearly lacks.

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Now you'd think that last post would be something Popps would want to respond to, wouldn't you?

Well, I'm informed the asterisk key on his keyboard is worn down to a nub ... which renders him practically mute in dealing with me :~ohyah!:

hambone13
07-07-2009, 12:40 AM
Man, you said it right there, rep. And the exact same thing goes for Marshall right now. Like I said a dozen times in the weeks before they traded Jay, and a couple-three times just today about Brandon, you gotta give them a way to save face and come in.

These are just kids, 24-25 years old. They do crazy, prideful things, sometimes without thinking them through. When they get their pink little butts too far out on a limb, you gotta give them a path back in. But then again, that takes good people skills and some patient finesse in negotiating ... qualities Josh clearly lacks.

I'm not a religious man Buff..but Amen brother, Amen. Who is the child and who is the parent....

24champ
07-07-2009, 12:43 AM

Also signed J'vonne Parker a 5th year vet. Should be an upgrade...

Parker has appeared in 11 career regular-season games (0 starts), totaling six tackles (4 solo) and one fumble recovery.

Dude averages 1 tackle a year! Hilarious!

BroncoBuff
07-07-2009, 12:48 AM
Also signed J'vonne Parker a 5th year vet. Should be an upgrade...

Parker has appeared in 11 career regular-season games (0 starts), totaling six tackles (4 solo) and one fumble recovery.

Dude averages 1 tackle a year! Hilarious!

One tackle a YEAR?! ... and appearances in just two games a year, too.

I guess those stats are better than McBean ... so we start Parker then, huh? :~ohyah!:

It's gotta be Marcus Thomas, I dunno why they're not talking about him ... somebody's gotta step up to move ahead of these clowns.

Blueflame
07-07-2009, 01:05 AM
Of course not.

The secondary should be vastly improved with Dawkins, hopefully a healthy Champ, two highly ranked S prospects and a couple of veterans to fight for jobs.

Ok... so maybe the secondary will be improved with a past-his-prime safety and a healthy Champ.

We added a solid run defender and experienced 3-4 LB in Davis and will be able to move Dumervil (and potentially others) into a position that should suit him (them) better.

Will Dumervil be effective at a new position? Moving players around to new positions is not universally successful...

We added the top DE prospect in the draft.

Debatable (as to whether or not he was the top DE prospect in the draft). But that point is moot if we won't be using him at DE because he's undersized, isn't it?

We signed a number of experienced 3-4 players and added depth to the front seven via UDFA's.

Yep... mostly scrubs.

And, yes... we did dump Slowick and his disaster of a scheme, as well as a number of absolutely useless players (starters!) like Engelberger, who I STILL don't believe has even found work as a back-up.

We also signed many absolutely useless players (Arrington? ??? Jordan? ???) who wouldn't have found work as backups anywhere else. 25 more will be cut before opening day.

Add to all of that a DC that actually might know what the **** he's doing, and yes... you've got the basis for some legitimate optimism on the defensive side of the ball.
I do believe Nolan has just been "damned with faint praise".... ("might" know wtf he's doing? ???)

Beyond that, we're not done. Training camp hasn't even started. There may be more moves and surprises before opening day.

Marshall will probably be traded... for a draft pick next year, depending on his '09 performance. Which means we'll have Royal and Gaffney (I'm totally underwhelmed by Gaffney) as starting #1 and #2... ie: downgrades from last year at QB and WR. Not all surprises are pleasant ones, Popps.

Taco John
07-07-2009, 01:28 AM

Kennison didn't claim trust issues. That's just your most recent lie in a long string of them.

He claimed family issues.

Taco John
07-07-2009, 01:31 AM

Finally.

Hahahaha! And there is why you've lost all credibility on the subject.

That's why I said not to bother to respond. I like it better around this place when people can take your posts half seriously.

Taco John
07-07-2009, 01:36 AM
I'm all for being optimistic about the Broncos. Myself, I'm still expecting playoffs, despite the fact that guys like Popps and tsiguy are backing away from them and telling us not to expect them.

I say BS. We have a coach who has put his stamp on this team, and was brought in to take us to the next level - not rebuild from scratch.

Optimism is the word of the day. Rejoice! The defensive line has been rebuilt, and we've finally got that Griese clone under quarterback that we've all been pining for. The days of fourth quarter comebacks are behind us, and the days of jumping out early and keeping pressure on the opponents are finally here.

What me worry?

hambone13
07-07-2009, 01:50 AM
I'm all for being optimistic about the Broncos. Myself, I'm still expecting playoffs, despite the fact that guys like Popps and tsiguy are backing away from them and telling us not to expect them.

I say BS. We have a coach who has put his stamp on this team, and was brought in to take us to the next level - not rebuild from scratch.

Optimism is the word of the day. Rejoice! The defensive line has been rebuilt, and we've finally got that Griese clone under quarterback that we've all been pining for. The days of fourth quarter comebacks are behind us, and the days of jumping out early and keeping pressure on the opponents are finally here.

What me worry?

If it's any consolation......Maybe Hillis and Dawkins can do it out of pure heart on both sides of the ball. These are two guys that can will victory Popps style through sheer will power. Let's all take a moment for prayer...

SureShot
07-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Haha...

Observe Popps. An internet phenomenon all to himself. Here is a guy who spent the last decade screaming and yelling on any forum who would have him about how the proper way to build a foundation is to start with the defensive line. He called it football 101. Anyone who would listen to him was told that the foundation to success was building a stout defensive line as your first priority, and then working outwards from there.

In one offseason, he's completely throttled himself and his position on this. He's watched, along with the rest of us, the current coach completely ignore the defensive line instead focusing our resources on defensive secondary, and scheme. The defensive line is not only an afterthought, but has been virtually ignored.

And now he's on this forum screaming loudly about how this staff has a grip on what it means to build a foundation for success, despite the fact that they've completely invalidated his entire philosophy.

My friends... Observe Popps.

Qft

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 07:43 AM
does anyoen realize you cant take a ****ty defense and make them great in one season. can only fix so much in one offseason.

taco is expecting playoffs so if we dont make them (and its a good possibility given the schedule) he can say mcdaniels has failed and should be fired, though when the last coach didnt make it for 3 years in a row he said nothing similar.

vancejohnson82
07-07-2009, 07:59 AM

Ummmmmm, he has a way back in...its called honoring the contract he signed and playing for another one....and "reportedly" he was offerred a new contract by Bowlen which he found to be too low...what other negotiation tactics would you suggest Buff? A nicer parking spot at Dove Valley? How about some dinner vouchers for Elway's Steakhouse? Or maybe we should just put his name up on the Ring of Fame to get him to show up....I'm not sure what more our HC is supposed to do in order to get this issue resolved....the team DOES NOT want to extend the guy right now because of his issues off the field and Marshall DOES NOT want to play under his current contract....so the side with leverage usually stands pat...hence the Broncos stance.....I really want to know what McD of all people is supposed to do or say..

vancejohnson82
07-07-2009, 08:04 AM

What me worry?

I have a feeling this post is completely tongue-in-cheek, but I'll agree with it anyway....

we downgraded at QB, true

we upgraded at Defensive Coordinator
we upgraded at Running Back (even "scrubs" like Lamont Jordan and Buckhalter are nice to have when other guys go down)
we upgraded in the secondary

I'm going to add two more that arent as concrete

we upgraded at defensive pressure because ANYTHING we do schematically will be better than last year
we upgraded in oru playcalling on offense...in my opinion, and I never wanted him gone, Shanahan did become predictable and would therefore try and outhink himself which led to a lot of our 3 and outs last year....we would be running the ball down teh oppositions throat and he would try and switch it up with 3 deep passes in order to show his genius and we'd punt...just an opinion

I dont know why the playoffs, or seeing this team improve this year is out of the questions....my biggest worry and its a HUGE one, is switching to the 3-4...it can be a painful process

Taco John
07-07-2009, 08:08 AM
taco is expecting playoffs so if we dont make them (and its a good possibility given the schedule) he can say mcdaniels has failed and should be fired, though when the last coach didnt make it for 3 years in a row he said nothing similar.

Yes. If we miss the playoffs, McDaniels has failed and should be fired. If we make them, he should be hailed.

Pretty simple.

Beantown Bronco
07-07-2009, 08:08 AM

If you had a "one-on-one" session with your boss (Bowlen) immediately after Shanny was fired, and then have to listen to him deny saying certain things to you in that meeting.....despite previously being quoted in a press conference as having said them....would you ever consider going into a meeting with him alone again? Wouldn't you want a witness at your side?

Taco John
07-07-2009, 08:09 AM
I have a feeling this post is completely tongue-in-cheek, but I'll agree with it anyway....

we downgraded at QB, true

we upgraded at Defensive Coordinator
we upgraded at Running Back (even "scrubs" like Lamont Jordan and Buckhalter are nice to have when other guys go down)
we upgraded in the secondary

I'm going to add two more that arent as concrete

we upgraded at defensive pressure because ANYTHING we do schematically will be better than last year
we upgraded in oru playcalling on offense...in my opinion, and I never wanted him gone, Shanahan did become predictable and would therefore try and outhink himself which led to a lot of our 3 and outs last year....we would be running the ball down teh oppositions throat and he would try and switch it up with 3 deep passes in order to show his genius and we'd punt...just an opinion

I dont know why the playoffs, or seeing this team improve this year is out of the questions....my biggest worry and its a HUGE one, is switching to the 3-4...it can be a painful process

It's only half tongue in cheek. Look at Miami and Atlanta last year. Why shouldn't we expect success too?

vancejohnson82
07-07-2009, 08:13 AM
It's only half tongue in cheek. Look at Miami and Atlanta last year. Why shouldn't we expect success too?

I've brought up Atlanta before and was laughed off the thread because apparently Matt Ryan is the next coming of Zombie Unitas and he was the only reason they took it to another level last year...it had nothing to do with bringing in a great RB (Turner) the emergence of a WR (White) and a new coach...so Denver, according to this board, will NEVER be what htey were last year

However, look at Miami...they brought in some great playcalling on offense....got a smart QB who cant throw the ball downfield but doesnt throw INTs...and their defense took it up a level

Now if that doesnt sound like a team I know....

The reason I think we are like Atlanta, BTW, is that Royal is going to be even better this year and Moreno is going to be a national story

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 09:21 AM
Yes. If we miss the playoffs, McDaniels has failed and should be fired. If we make them, he should be hailed.

Pretty simple.

speaking of realistic expectations, dont bother giving him a year to get his and nolans system in place...

TheDave
07-07-2009, 09:25 AM
speaking of realistic expectations, dont bother giving him a year to get his and nolans system in place...

Keep this in mind, by trading away our 1st this year... McDaniels thinks we are a playoff team now.

Popps
07-07-2009, 09:26 AM

Pretty simple.

Inherits the worst defense in the league and a middle of the pack scoring offense... why wouldn't we set the bar at the playoffs?

:rofl:

You really are precious sometimes, dude. It's almost child-like.

tsiguy96
07-07-2009, 09:30 AM
Keep this in mind, by trading away our 1st this year... McDaniels thinks we are a playoff team now.

i know he does, and i think there is a good chance we make the playoffs (8-8, 9-7 should win the division again), but a coaches first year is never playoff or bust, especially one who had so little defensive talent to start building the team with and is transitioning to a 3-4, i dont understand how people can expect a head coach to come out of teh gate killing it in the first year when everyone knows it takes some time for most, and as long as the team is showing improvement there is zero possible way this season is a bust if we miss the playoffs. it also works to our advantage that we got a great cover corner who can take over next year for champ or goodman (champ carries 15 mill salary next year) instead of relying on a rookie.

TheDave
07-07-2009, 09:46 AM
i know he does, and i think there is a good chance we make the playoffs (8-8, 9-7 should win the division again), but a coaches first year is never playoff or bust, especially one who had so little defensive talent to start building the team with and is transitioning to a 3-4, i dont understand how people can expect a head coach to come out of teh gate killing it in the first year when everyone knows it takes some time for most, and as long as the team is showing improvement there is zero possible way this season is a bust if we miss the playoffs. it also works to our advantage that we got a great cover corner who can take over next year for champ or goodman (champ carries 15 mill salary next year) instead of relying on a rookie.

My point is then it's fair for people to carry the same expectations as McDaniels himself... If we meet expectations he deserves all the praise in the world. If not, he deserves criticism for the moves he has made... i.e. trading away the QB, Draft pick, FA hits/misses, Branadon Marshall situation, etc. These are all things that any coach would get praised and/or criticised for and McDaniels should be no different.

I think some people here are upset that McDaniels didn't get much of a honeymoon... Well, that what happens when you make the high risk moves he has made.

19Morton77
07-07-2009, 10:23 AM

Pretty simple.

Why is this? Was Shanahan going to get us to the playoffs after missing the last 3? Was Slowick still going to be calling the defense and we watch us give up countless points and yards to the opposition? You cant have it both ways. It is one thing to want Shanahan to still be around but we werent improving enough and this year's schedule would have us stuck in a rut. Any improvement isnt based on what was already givin to us, but the scheme by our coach with the subtraction of bad players replaced with better players. While some of your post on others can be QFT, the above quote makes you sound like a cry baby on the whole fire shanahan saga. With your rantings of McDaniels, I would think you are going the way of Lex and rooting against our team.