PDA

View Full Version : Broncos rookie Ayers a quick study

Bronco Rob
07-05-2009, 07:50 AM
Sources in Denver say Broncos first-round pick Robert Ayersí transition to the NFL has been smooth. We hear Ayers, the 18th overall pick in the draft, picked things up quickly during offseason activities and received a good deal of reps with the first-team defense. Itís certain heíll start at one of the front-seven spots on defense from Day One, but exactly where is something the Broncos still have to figure out. He was mostly lining up at outside linebacker in the teamís 3-4 set, according to observers, but he could be moved to defensive end, and most likely will rush with his hand on the ground on passing downs. The Broncos could re-evaluate the best place to put Ayers depending on what they see from other front-seven players. The coaching staff has established a level of trust in Ayers, and it badly needs him to make an instant impact when the regular season starts

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/07/04/broncos-rookie-ayers-a-quick-study

:)

cousinal11
07-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Good to hear transition has been smooth, hopefully this guy will turn into a beast.

elsid13
07-05-2009, 08:09 AM
I would hold back praise until the pads go on and play is for real.

LonghornBronco
07-05-2009, 08:16 AM
encouraging...

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 08:19 AM

no one said hes all star this year, but the fact hes turning heads is good enough to take notice.

Popps
07-05-2009, 08:19 AM
Please let training camp start!!!

Cant wait to see this kid. So many great stories to keep track of this PS.

Dukes
07-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Can't wait to see what this kid can do.

listopencil
07-05-2009, 09:11 AM
no one said hes all star this year, but the fact hes turning heads is good enough to take notice.

No, it's not.

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 09:13 AM
No, it's not.

youre right, lets assume hes gonna bust until we know otherwise. good idea. ****ing hater.

Tombstone RJ
07-05-2009, 09:16 AM
Sources in Denver say Broncos first-round pick Robert Ayersí transition to the NFL has been smooth. We hear Ayers, the 18th overall pick in the draft, picked things up quickly during offseason activities and received a good deal of reps with the first-team defense. Itís certain heíll start at one of the front-seven spots on defense from Day One, but exactly where is something the Broncos still have to figure out. He was mostly lining up at outside linebacker in the teamís 3-4 set, according to observers, but he could be moved to defensive end, and most likely will rush with his hand on the ground on passing downs. The Broncos could re-evaluate the best place to put Ayers depending on what they see from other front-seven players. The coaching staff has established a level of trust in Ayers, and it badly needs him to make an instant impact when the regular season starts

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2009/07/04/broncos-rookie-ayers-a-quick-study
:)

Good news. Best case scenario for McX is if Moreno and Ayers make immediate impacts.

listopencil
07-05-2009, 09:16 AM
youre right, lets assume hes gonna bust until we know otherwise. good idea. ****ing hater.

Even better, let's get all excited about every fluff piece that rolls along.

****ing retard.

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 09:20 AM

****ing retard.

reports coming out that the first round pick is picking things up very well and expected to come in on most downs is a fluff piece huh...so why are you here then? thats all the reports we will see til the first game.

2KBack
07-05-2009, 09:32 AM

****ing retard.

I still think that's better than being a sourpuss at every opportunity

Cito Pelon
07-05-2009, 10:26 AM

True. We have to wait and see what this team does in PS. He seems like a solid rookie. It sure would be nice to see a passrush this year. Elvis is a dynamite passrusher no doubt about that, but we need a bookend and hopefully Ayers fits that. And hopefully there is some inside pressure from the new guys also.

Cito Pelon
07-05-2009, 10:33 AM

****ing retard.

Ah, the Mane. A place to vent. You go get 'em, girl.

elsid13
07-05-2009, 10:42 AM
True. We have to wait and see what this team does in PS. He seems like a solid rookie. It sure would be nice to see a passrush this year. Elvis is a dynamite passrusher no doubt about that, but we need a bookend and hopefully Ayers fits that. And hopefully there is some inside pressure from the new guys also.

I am not concern with either Ayers or Doom pass rushing. I am super concerned with their ability to play in space and the 3 down linemen ability to hold up against the run.

TheDave
07-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Encouraging... One of the only knocks on Ayers during the draft was that he was a 1 year wonder, and some thought he was just out for a payday. Staying after practice working on the jugs machine and studying the playbook like he has are VERY good signs.

Hopefully this work will show up on Sundays... :thumbs:

Cito Pelon
07-05-2009, 11:19 AM
I am not concern with either Ayers or Doom pass rushing. I am super concerned with their ability to play in space and the 3 down linemen ability to hold up against the run.

I think the the front 3-4 will do well holding their gaps. A big deal last year was the back 7 couldn't tackle and fill the lanes when the inevitable lack of gap control happened. Denver led the NFL in 20+ runs last year, that's back 7 problem. Denver addressed the back 7 problem very well in FA. Denver got gashed horribly on screens in 2008, that's back 7 problem. Again, the Broncs addressed that back 7 problem. This D on paper looks to be very much improved, we'll see.

Doggcow
07-05-2009, 11:26 AM

No, we only beat off to the players we didn't draft, because obviously all of our players are terrible and everyone knows every other player drafted not by us is going to be a superstar.

R8R H8R
07-05-2009, 11:31 AM
Good news. Best case scenario for McX is if Moreno and Ayers make immediate impacts.

And don't forget A. Smith. McD has a lot on the line with those three. If all three make a good impact in their rookie years, it will go a long way to restoring the FO credibility.

ZONA
07-05-2009, 11:34 AM
No, it's not.

YES, IT IS

barryr
07-05-2009, 11:45 AM
The Broncos desperately need someone in that front seven to be an impact player. It's been many years since they really had someone other teams really had to worry about.

Cito Pelon
07-05-2009, 12:24 PM
The Broncos desperately need someone in that front seven to be an impact player. It's been many years since they really had someone other teams really had to worry about.

Elvis was about the only one. Sure need a bookend to complement Elvis, or some interior pressure.

BroncoMan4ever
07-05-2009, 03:20 PM

i agree, especially since there are many players on the team who can't even get recognition without pads on. like Moss, he is finally playing the position most felt he was most suited for coming out of college and he still can't get any hype going, he is still behind practically everyone.

it doesn't mean as much considering pads aren't on yet, but it still goes to show that the guys with talent show up regardless of the situation.

Gcver2ver3
07-05-2009, 03:47 PM

well i'd rather hear he's off to a good start than a bad one...

i mean, hopefully you don't disagree with that at least...

Br0nc0Buster
07-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Its good to see him doing well already, if anything TC should help him since I suspect he is more physical than our other linebackers.

Hopefully Crowder can keep his spot, and as for Moss, well he just needs to start backing his bags

BroncoMan4ever
07-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Its good to see him doing well already, if anything TC should help him since I suspect he is more physical than our other linebackers.

Hopefully Crowder can keep his spot, and as for Moss, well he just needs to start backing his bags

i actually like the idea of Crowder starting on running downs and then bringing in Doom on passing situations to pair with Ayers, seems like it could create a lot of mismatches.

and i agree with Moss, we just need to cut out losses and see if we can pick up a conditional pick or anything for him.

listopencil
07-05-2009, 04:41 PM
YES, IT IS

NO IT'S NOT

:wiggle:

DBroncos4life
07-05-2009, 05:09 PM
3-4 LBs don't seem to have that hard of a time adjusting in the NFL so I hope for the best with him (compared to DE's). Ware had 58 tackles and 8 sacks his rookie year, Kamerion Wimbley had 62 tackles and 11 sacks, Manny Lawson had over 50 tackles but only had 2.5 sacks. Lets not forget while it was because of Roids Shawne Merriman had 57 tackles and 10 sacks. If we can get the 50 plus tackles out of him with at least 7 sacks we are in good shape.

BroncoBuff
07-05-2009, 07:02 PM
Itís certain heíll start at one of the front-seven spots on defense from Day One, but exactly where is something the Broncos still have to figure out.

Wow ... that would be awesome. Seems kinda soon to be so sure, but I'll take it. :thumbs:

SoCalBronco
07-05-2009, 07:11 PM
Very encouraging. :thumbsup:

montrose
07-05-2009, 08:34 PM
Very encouraging. :thumbsup:

A positive post from my main man SoCal, welcome back bro! :strong:

Bronco Rob
07-08-2009, 07:16 AM
:thumbsup: