PDA

View Full Version : I hung out with Stephen Alexander on the lake today

Dr. Broncenstein
07-04-2009, 10:32 PM
I was out at a certain cove on Lake Tenkiller today. My family and I tied our boat up to my parents' boat, which was tied to a row of 5-6 additional boats. My dad introduced me to a highschool friend of his, whom he re-connected with at his 40 year reuninon last year. As it turns out, Dad's friend is the father-in-law of Stephen Alexander.

We were floating in the lake, drinking beer... and I was trying to keep an eye on my kiddos when Dad goes: "Hey man... I've got something important to tell you." So I float over, beer in one hand, toddler in the other... and Dad introduces me to SA. How cool is that?

We talked for about an hour on all things Broncos. I told him that I was there when he caught Jay Cutler's first TD pass.... we got a laugh out of that. Apparently the organization made a huge deal of it... he's got the ball and several enlarged picutures of the event. Other topics included the under-appreciated importance of Jake Plummer, the unreported dramatics of Brandon Marshall, and the offseason moves of McDaniels.

I really got him laughing when I went off on a tangent about Daniel Graham and Travis Henry. I said something along the lines of "we could have dumped all of that money on Kerney and kept you... as a matter of fact, that move was the nail in the coffin for Shannahan."

Anyway... just thought I'd share. He is a cool guy...

BABronco
07-04-2009, 10:38 PM
I was out at a certain cove on Lake Tenkiller today. My family and I tied our boat up to my parents' boat, which was tied to a row of 5-6 additional boats. My dad introduced me to a highschool friend of his, whom he re-connected with at his 40 year reuninon last year. As it turns out, Dad's friend is the father-in-law of Stephen Alexander.

We were floating in the lake, drinking beer... and I was trying to keep an eye on my kiddos when Dad goes: "Hey man... I've got something important to tell you." So I float over, beer in one hand, toddler in the other... and Dad introduces me to SA. How cool is that?

We talked for about an hour on all things Broncos. I told him that I was there when he caught Jay Cutler's first TD pass.... we got a laugh out of that. Apparently the organization made a huge deal of it... he's got the ball and several enlarged picutures of the event. Other topics included the under-appreciated importance of Jake Plummer, the unreported dramatics of Brandon Marshall, and the offseason moves of McDaniels.

I really got him laughing when I went off on a tangent about Daniel Graham and Travis Henry. I said something along the lines of "we could have dumped all of that money on Kerney and kept you... as a matter of fact, that move was the nail in the coffin for Shannahan."

Anyway... just thought I'd share. He is a cool guy...

Nice lake to go to. Cool stories.

LonghornBronco
07-04-2009, 10:39 PM
cool man. What's he doing these days.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-04-2009, 10:39 PM
Nice lake to go to. Cool stories.

I grew up on that lake.... it's home. Thanks.

BABronco
07-04-2009, 10:41 PM
I grew up on that lake.... it's home. Thanks.

I'm going to college out there, so ive spent a fair amount of time out there partying. Also got a little kayak and hit it on the weekends to get a workout.

Dr. Broncenstein
07-04-2009, 10:43 PM
cool man. What's he doing these days.

Honestly I forgot to ask... I was too busy asking about his time with the team.. and talking about our mutual friend (his OU teammate, my highschool teammate). He's got a couple of kids the same age as mine... and seems to be pretty busy doing the family thing...

Dr. Broncenstein
07-04-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm going to college out there, so ive spent a fair amount of time out there partying. Also got a little kayak and hit it on the weekends to get a workout.

You go to NSU? I went to the U of A as an undergrad to get out of town after high school...

tsiguy96
07-04-2009, 11:09 PM
what does he think of marshall, and the team as it sits?

Dr. Broncenstein
07-04-2009, 11:24 PM
what does he think of marshall, and the team as it sits?

On Marshall: he is his own worst enemy. For every thing we hear about in the media... there are countless things kept in house. I was trying to get some specifics on the McDonald's wrapper paper cut... but SA was leaving right about the same time.

The team as it sits: Cutler move is going to cost us dearly. Bowlen folded even though he had all the leverage.

tsiguy96
07-04-2009, 11:42 PM
On Marshall: he is his own worst enemy. For every thing we hear about in the media... there are countless things kept in house. I was trying to get some specifics on the McDonald's wrapper paper cut... but SA was leaving right about the same time.

The team as it sits: Cutler move is going to cost us dearly. Bowlen folded even though he had all the leverage.

i agree here, but he pissed of bowlen soooo he had him shipped out. dont sit at home and cry and ignore your bosses when youre feelings get hurt i imagine.

its crazy, just think about everything thta happens that we dont know about. the real life of NFL players is prolly far more than we could ever imagine.

SouthStndJunkie
07-04-2009, 11:50 PM
I met SA's in-laws before the AFC Championship Game versus Pittsburgh.

They were flying in for the game and were very friendly.

Killericon
07-05-2009, 12:13 AM
Wow, that's really cool.

backup qb
07-05-2009, 08:08 AM
cool story. That sure as hell beats sittin in the rain here in central IL.

tsiguy96
07-05-2009, 08:10 AM
cool story. That sure as hell beats sittin in the rain here in central IL.

illinois sucks doesnt it? i cant wait to move the hell out of this state thats for sure

BABronco
07-05-2009, 10:08 AM
You go to NSU? I went to the U of A as an undergrad to get out of town after high school...

I went to NWOSU for a year but I'd always drive down to NSU and just party with my friends during the week and just chill down there. NWOSU was the worst mistake I ever made in my life (sure it will be topped eventually). I figured hell just transfer. Before I enrolled they told tll, I'm already down there alot anyways so I figured I might as wehey had a full nursing program... after it was like ermm well we only have nursing up to your junior year. So I think I'm just going to UCO after this year.