PDA

View Full Version : Gaffney could be a big time sleeper

Cecil Lammey
07-04-2009, 10:12 PM
Broncos | Team expects big things from Gaffney in 2009 Thu Jul 2, 04:08 PM

Cecil Lammey, NFL Insider from FM 104.3 The Fan, reports he's heard from sources close to the team that Jabar Gaffney is going to be a big part of the offense in 2009. At this time Gaffney is considered to be the frontrunner for the Broncos starting slot receiver over Brandon Stokley.

Our view: The Broncos may use 3 WR sets more than people are expecting, and while defenses are focused on Brandon Marshall and Eddie Royal the slot receiver should be open most of the time. Stokley has no ties to the old regime and has struggled with injuries that last couple of seasons. Gaffney played in New England with Josh McDaniels and knows this offense like the back of his hand. His value will skyrocket if Brandon Marshall is traded and he is moved up to the #2 wide receiver.

I just copied this from our news page (i broke the story on the air, and will be talking about it more this sunday on the fan!)

Doggcow
07-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Not worth it, maybe a 10th round+ pick. Eddie Royal will go pretty late I think, and he's a way better option imo.

Cecil Lammey
07-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Not worth it, maybe a 10th round+ pick. Eddie Royal will go pretty late I think, and he's a way better option imo.

Royal is a much better option, but he's not a sleeper.

Current ADP for Royal - 63rd overall, WR23

Current ADP for Gaffney - outside of the top 250 overall, out of the top 83 WR
that is a sleeper!

check out the latest Average Draft Positions
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/adp.php

sherry
07-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Royal is a much better option, but he's not a sleeper.

Current ADP for Royal - 63rd overall, WR23

Current ADP for Gaffney - outside of the top 250 overall, out of the top 83 WR
that is a sleeper!

check out the latest Average Draft Positions
http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/adp.php

yes you are right Royal is not a sleeper and whats that in the link that you provided....i didn't even understand:wiggle: