PDA

View Full Version : Negative Article "grading" This Off-Season

TheReverend
07-02-2009, 11:42 AM
DENVER BRONCOS

The Bad … The Jay Cutler(notes) situation was a debacle no matter what you say about how Cutler and his agent Bus Cook handled it. The Brandon Marshall(notes) saga hasn’t ended, but it’s been ugly so far. The No. 1 need for the Broncos was young talent in the front seven on defense, especially in light of the move to the 3-4, and they drafted only one player who will contribute (Robert Ayers(notes)).

But … Knowshon Moreno(notes) was the draft’s most sought-after running back and could thrive under new head coach Josh McDaniels. Kyle Orton(notes) is a cerebral quarterback who McDaniels hand-picked, largely because he led the Bears to two winning seasons in the years he was the primary starter. The Broncos signed a host of quality veterans from winning teams like Jabar Gaffney(notes) and Correll Buckhalter(notes) on offense to Andre Goodman and Brian Dawkins on defense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-2009_ross_tucker_07_01_offseason&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

-----------------------------------------

Fortunately Ross Tucker is an idiot. This is the first time I've ever agreed wtih him.

theAPAOps5
07-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Lame

broncosteven
07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I still have trouble with Ayers in the respect that I thought he was drafted to be a dominate DE for us. Something we have lacked since Traylor (i know he was a DT) left.

Now they are talking about Ayers playing more standing up.

In a 3-4 you need guys on the line low pushing the pocket and forcing pressure without the LB's coming in with a blitz.

If the Dline does not get low and get leverage the blitzers will be blocked and we will be screwed.

Once we face a roadgrader Oline that has one or 2 good backs we will be run on and demoralized.

TheReverend
07-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Lame

Yes, but he DOES have a whole "But" paragraph shining the same optimism on this board.

theAPAOps5
07-02-2009, 01:19 PM
Oh I am just conducting a social experiement. Pay no mind.

Tombstone RJ
07-02-2009, 01:22 PM
DENVER BRONCOS

The Bad Ö The Jay Cutler(notes) situation was a debacle no matter what you say about how Cutler and his agent Bus Cook handled it. The Brandon Marshall(notes) saga hasnít ended, but itís been ugly so far. The No. 1 need for the Broncos was young talent in the front seven on defense, especially in light of the move to the 3-4, and they drafted only one player who will contribute (Robert Ayers(notes)).

But Ö Knowshon Moreno(notes) was the draftís most sought-after running back and could thrive under new head coach Josh McDaniels. Kyle Orton(notes) is a cerebral quarterback who McDaniels hand-picked, largely because he led the Bears to two winning seasons in the years he was the primary starter. The Broncos signed a host of quality veterans from winning teams like Jabar Gaffney(notes) and Correll Buckhalter(notes) on offense to Andre Goodman and Brian Dawkins on defense.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-2009_ross_tucker_07_01_offseason&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

-----------------------------------------

Fortunately Ross Tucker is an idiot. This is the first time I've ever agreed wtih him.

It's really not all that bad of a write up. Yah, theres some serious questions about the off season moves, and rightly so, but this article seems to indicate that there is some hope. So, that's nice...