PDA

View Full Version : If Brandon Marshall is traded, how many wins will it cost the Broncos in 2009?

montrose
07-01-2009, 09:31 PM
Poll coming...

NFLBRONCO
07-01-2009, 09:37 PM
I said, 1 to 2 because I think we will pass the ball around and BM will not get the ball as much imo.

ZONA
07-01-2009, 09:39 PM
You can't say directly how many games it would cost. You don't know about the player who we would get in return. Sorry, but kinda of a dump post speculating about trading Marshall for ???. We'd have to know what we were getting in return to even guess, because the truth is, there's real no way to tell if it would matter or not, in terms of wins vs losses.

TheDave
07-01-2009, 09:46 PM
1-2 based on my belief that with him we are a 6-7 win team...

ZONA
07-01-2009, 09:49 PM

OUCH

6 wins?

OUCH OUCH

BMarsh615
07-01-2009, 09:53 PM
We won't win more than 6 games with him.

Maybe we can trade him to Seattle so we can get our top 5 pick back.

TheDave
07-01-2009, 09:53 PM
OUCH

6 wins?

OUCH OUCH

I will gladly eat heaping piles of crow if I'm wrong... Gladly

BroncsRule
07-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Yep. We are so bad in so many areas - BM wasn't gonna help us win any games anyway.

Perhaps we loose a game or two by 7 more points than we would have with him.

Punisher
07-01-2009, 10:25 PM
::) This is gonna be a Plam Face team for years to come but anyways GO BRONCOS 16-0

OrangeRising
07-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I feel like Dorothy in a scene from the Wizard of Oz; "We will not trade this man, we will not trade this man, we will not trade this man", click my heels and hope it comes true.

Even McDaniels couldn't be this shortsighted. He just couldn't be.

richpjr
07-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Depends on what they get for him. If it's one or more draft choices, the team takes a big hit this year. If it was for another player, it would depend on who and what position they got.

Sassy
07-01-2009, 11:15 PM
19-0 ;d

FireFly
07-01-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm pretty sure there was an identical thread, with an almost identical poll not very long ago?

Nevertheless, the result is obviouly dependant on the compensation. If we only get draft picks I imagine it would cost us 2 games.

I don't think McDaniels will trade him for draft picks. McDaniels rightfully feels that he needs to win now. He needs players to win. Therefore, if he trades Marshall, it will be for a player or players that he feels can make a difference this year. So with this logic, I don't think trading Marshall costs us any games. I expect us to win in the area of 6 anyhow.

UberBroncoMan
07-02-2009, 12:22 AM
1-2 because I don't see us winning many games to begin with lol... (look at who we're playing next year).

BroncoMan4ever
07-02-2009, 12:52 AM
i don't think we miss a step without him. Scheff, Hillis, Moreno, Quinn and Graham just get more opportunities without him.

Baba Booey
07-02-2009, 01:29 AM
I said 1-2

BroncoBuff
07-02-2009, 01:43 AM
1-2 because I don't see us winning many games to begin with lol... (look at who we're playing next year).

My thought exactly ... I said zero for the same reasons, and because we should basically be fine on offense, as always. Looks like the defense will win or lose us most games, as always.

Traveler
07-02-2009, 02:59 AM
He Marshall ever caught a game winning touchdown pass for us? Can't remember. As to the thread topic, my choice was zero.

BMarsh615
07-02-2009, 03:09 AM
He Marshall ever caught a game winning touchdown pass for us? Can't remember. As to the thread topic, my choice was zero.

Browns game last year.

Traveler
07-02-2009, 05:54 AM
Browns game last year.

Could barely read your response. Can't focus because your avatar pleasantly distracting.;)

Broncoman13
07-02-2009, 06:01 AM

Actually, with Marshall I think that McD would put us in a position to win as many as 8 games. His offensive system is super and the options he has with BMarsh are flat out nasty. Brandon is big enough that he could use him on his 3 TE package, as a TE. He also fits into this offense quite well b/c of his ability to take a short pass and gain yards after the catch. Finally, on the screens to the backs, TEs, and other receivers, he offers a great downfield blocker to help spring the long plays.

Without BMarsh, we'd put the ball into the hands of Graham, Gaffney, and probably Hillis more often. There is a definite talent void in comparison.

Without BMarsh we're likely a 5-11 team. But, he'll show up and he'll make plenty of plays for us.:thumbsup:

Broncoman13
07-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Too many people are looking at this from the standpoint of BMarsh's production. What about the openings he creates for his teammates.

With Brandon Marshall, the defense has a focal point that starts with, stop Knownshon Moreno from running the ball followed closely by, stop Brandon Marshall from catching the ball. If Brandon is out, that will turn into, stop Knowshon, and then stop Eddie Royal. I don't have as much faith in Gaffney to create separation. Same with everyone other than Scheff.

Then add into the mix what Brandon brings in terms of downfield blocking. Plainly put, he is much more than just 80 catches, 1000 yards, and a handful of touchdowns (conservatively), he is a game changer that can help in many different ways.

That said, this isn't a McD mess. This is a BMarsh mess. He is one of the more fun guys in the league to watch play. There isn't a guy in the draft next year that I would rather have, so I say sit him until he decides to show. He'll be on his best behavior this year b/c he sees how much it is costing him. Then Pat will likely give him a 3 or 4 year deal worth $30-40M and he'll forget about not liking Denver... in a hurry.

fdf
07-02-2009, 07:03 AM
Poll coming...

Too many ifs to even guess. (1) Will Marshall play at all even if he's not traded or will his hip sideline him? (2) If he's healthy, will he hold out (3) Will he slap someone around or go out drinking and get suspended (4) If he does play the whole season, will he do the sensible thing (play his heart out in a contract year) or will he get all pouty and not play hard?

TailgateNut
07-02-2009, 07:40 AM
Too many ifs to even guess. (1) Will Marshall play at all even if he's not traded or will his hip sideline him? (2) If he's healthy, will he hold out (3) Will he slap someone around or go out drinking and get suspended (4) If he does play the whole season, will he do the sensible thing (play his heart out in a contract year) or will he get all pouty and not play hard?

One thing isn't questionable, BM (bowel movement) is a douche.

Smiling Assassin27
07-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Depends on what they get for him. If it's one or more draft choices, the team takes a big hit this year. If it was for another player, it would depend on who and what position they got.

Bingo. If we fill the spot with, say, Boldin, it'd be zero. If we fill it with Darrell Jackson, it'll be 4.

TailgateNut
07-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Bingo. If we fill the spot with, say, Boldin, it'd be zero. If we fill it with Darrell Jackson, it'll be 4.

What about if we don't trade him and after his next inevitable **** up he gets suspended again?

rbackfactory80
07-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Sorry but as much as I hate Cutler, he still created Marshall. Ask this question after Marshall gets traded and disappears. Not to mention Cutler giving him 30 lock on attempts a game.