PDA

View Full Version : OT: What about Varajeo to the Nuggets

ChampBailey24
06-30-2009, 11:18 AM
I don't know how many of you are nuggets fans, or even basketball fans in general, but with the nuggets looking for another big man, what about Anderson Varejeo? He is a big that can play D and can score off of cuts. His jumper is very suspect, but I like his energy. He is like Chris Andersen 2.0. With that much energy coming off the bench, I think we could have a good Big Man rotation.

broncofan2438
06-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Be nice, but dont think we have the money for him

ChampBailey24
06-30-2009, 11:31 AM
if we are going to make a run at artest, hill, or finley. why not go for varajeo instead? i mean ive heard (from a thread here) that kroenke is willing to pay a little extra, plus we still have the 10 million tle

BroncoMan4ever
06-30-2009, 02:06 PM
it's an interesting thought, but Varajeo is very similar to the Birdman. we don't need another Birdman, we need someone like Artest.

NFLBRONCO
06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
Denver needs size in front court and a legit rebounder nothing else. Why do we need Grant Hill and Mike F. makes zero sense. Nuggets got killed inside.

montrose
06-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Intriguing...

bronco_boi_5280
06-30-2009, 05:58 PM
You know who they need but could never get is Odom. PF who can score. It would take an obscene amount of money to get him to leave LA though. Kroenke is willing to spend, but that would be a lot, most likely.

extralife
06-30-2009, 06:01 PM
If we're going to spend money (unlikely) I'd like to see if we could pry David Lee away from the Knicks.

DenverBrit
06-30-2009, 07:34 PM
How about......

Rasheed Wallace: Can shoot treys, post up some, and play long-armed defense. But his off-the-chart impetuosity has ultimately proved to be toxic wherever he's played, so he needs to join a team that either has a no-nonsense coach who has the credentials to demand discipline, or a ball club that features a forceful and inspirational player.

If Gregg Popovich could convince and/or cajole Rasheed into fitting the Spurs mold, then San Antonio would have the perfect complement to Tim Duncan.

Should Wallace decide to sign with Cleveland, bet that Shaq would quickly domesticate him and the Cavs would then become the team to beat in the East.

Perhaps a reunion with Chauncey Billups in Denver would instill the kind of all-out all-the-time hustle that Rasheed exhibited only in the tail end of Detroit's drive to the championship back in 2004. If this comes to pass, then the Nuggets would really make the Lakers sweat.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9710744

ohiobronco2
06-30-2009, 08:44 PM
If we're going to spend money (unlikely) I'd like to see if we could pry David Lee away from the Knicks.

David Lee is one helluva player. One of the most underrated in the NBA.

bombay
06-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I'd like to see them go after Orlando's backup center, Gortat.

That guy looked pretty good to me.

bronco_boi_5280
06-30-2009, 10:17 PM
I'd like to see them go after Orlando's backup center, Gortat.

That guy looked pretty good to me.

See I don't know about this. He kind of became this hyped player in the playoffs, and I fear he is going to get overpaid by somebody.

I don't know, I just think somebody is going to shell out big bucks for him, and even if he plays well, it'll still be too much. He kind of became a flavor of the month type deal I think.

Eli_Cash
07-01-2009, 03:07 AM
Gortat is gonna be a good piece for a contending team in the right situation.

The question is will some team overpay and set expectations too high for a player that hasn't really played alot of NBA minutes?

<TABLE class="sortable stats_table" id=totals><THEAD><TR class="" onmouseover=hl(this); style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffa" onmouseout=uhl(this);><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=left table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="0">Season</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="1">Age</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" onmouseover="Tip('Team')" align=left table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="2">Tm</TH><TH class="tooltip sort_default_asc" onmouseover="Tip('League')" align=left table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="3">Lg</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Games')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="4">G</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Games Started')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="5">GS</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Minutes Played')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="6">MP</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Field Goals')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="7">FG</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Field Goal Attempts')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="8">FGA</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Field Goal Percentage')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="9">FG%</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('3-Point Field Goals')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="10">3P</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('3-Point Field Goal Attempts')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="11">3PA</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('3-Point Field Goal Percentage')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="12">3P%</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Free Throws')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="13">FT</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Free Throw Attempts')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="14">FTA</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Free Throw Percentage')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="15">FT%</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Offensive Rebounds')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="16">ORB</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Defensive Rebounds')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="17">DRB</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Total Rebounds')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="18">TRB</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Assists')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="19">AST</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Steals')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="20">STL</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Blocks')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="21">BLK</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Turnovers')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="22">TOV</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Personal Fouls')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="23">PF</TH><TH class=tooltip onmouseover="Tip('Points')" align=right table_number="1" sorttable_columnindex="24">PTS</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=full_table onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left>2007-08</TD><TD align=right>23</TD><TD align=left>ORL (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2008.html)</TD><TD align=left>NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2008.html)</TD><TD align=right>6</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>41</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>17</TD><TD align=right>.471</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right>0</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>.667</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>8</TD><TD align=right>16</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>2</TD><TD align=right>4</TD><TD align=right>18</TD></TR><TR class=full_table onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left>2008-09</TD><TD align=right>24</TD><TD align=left>ORL (http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2009.html)</TD><TD align=left>NBA (http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2009.html)</TD><TD align=right>63</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>794</TD><TD align=right>107</TD><TD align=right>187</TD><TD align=right>.572</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1.000</TD><TD align=right>26</TD><TD align=right>45</TD><TD align=right>.578</TD><TD align=right>96</TD><TD align=right>190</TD><TD align=right>286</TD><TD align=right>14</TD><TD align=right>18</TD><TD align=right>53</TD><TD align=right>25</TD><TD align=right>111</TD><TD align=right>241</TD></TR></TBODY><TFOOT><TR class=" stat_total" onmouseover=hl(this); onmouseout=uhl(this);><TD align=left>Career</TD><TD align=right></TD><TD align=left></TD><TD align=left>NBA</TD><TD align=right>69</TD><TD align=right>3</TD><TD align=right>835</TD><TD align=right>115</TD><TD align=right>204</TD><TD align=right>.564</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1</TD><TD align=right>1.000</TD><TD align=right>28</TD><TD align=right>48</TD><TD align=right>.583</TD><TD align=right>104</TD><TD align=right>198</TD><TD align=right>302</TD><TD align=right>16</TD><TD align=right>19</TD><TD align=right>54</TD><TD align=right>27</TD><TD align=right>115</TD><TD align=right>259</TD></TR></TFOOT></TABLE>

bronco_boi_5280
07-01-2009, 05:29 PM
You know who I'd like? Drew Gooden. Solid numbers last year, would be a fantastic bench big man.

Edit: And I bet money-wise it would be cost effective.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/06/30/free.agents/index.html (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/steve_aschburner/06/30/free.agents/1.html)

Kaylore
07-01-2009, 05:34 PM
it's an interesting thought, but Varajeo is very similar to the Birdman. we don't need another Birdman, we need someone like Artest.

Have we re-signed Anderson yet?