PDA

View Full Version : Yoa Ming may done in Basketball

cutthemdown
06-29-2009, 11:41 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-yaorockets062909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

As the NBA draft approached, the grim truth about Yao Ming’s(notes) broken left foot hung like an anvil over the Houston Rockets. The fear isn’t that he’s just lost for next season, but longer.

The Rockets and Yao’s reps are frightened over his future, and the concern is the most base of all: Does Yao Ming ever play again?

Good for other teams in the West.....But wow what a blow for the Rockets.

summerdenver
06-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Thats sad. However, I thought I heard on nba network that Yao never had offseason where he rested his body. He was always playing in international competitions or something like that.

They thoguht that if he gets away from that and totally rests his body in offseason he could end beng productive. But i did not see this coming.

cutthemdown
06-29-2009, 11:47 AM
Yeah it really is a bummer for NBA as he was a huge draw for NBA in China.

cutthemdown
06-29-2009, 11:48 AM
And yes he did play a lot as I think he felt a lot of pressure to lead the Chinese national team and really had to do it.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-29-2009, 11:50 AM
Def. sad. But not surprising...these big guys are bound to have leg problems

watermock
06-29-2009, 11:53 AM
More $ for LeBraun. The cavs sold a chunk to china.

OBF1
06-29-2009, 12:02 PM
I do not think it is so bad for the teams in the West. The Lakers had a harder time when Yao was out than they did when he was playing.

Funniest part is when a poster is in such a hurry to start a post and get his "Name in the lights" that he butchers his spelling ")

Rock Chalk
06-29-2009, 12:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-yaorockets062909&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

As the NBA draft approached, the grim truth about Yao Ming’s(notes) broken left foot hung like an anvil over the Houston Rockets. The fear isn’t that he’s just lost for next season, but longer.

The Rockets and Yao’s reps are frightened over his future, and the concern is the most base of all: Does Yao Ming ever play again?

Good for other teams in the West.....But wow what a blow for the Rockets.

BroncoBuff
06-29-2009, 12:04 PM
Nahhh. It's so easy to overreact to injury news about a huge start.

He might miss 09-10, but he's young ... he'll play again.