PDA

View Full Version : Rick Upchurch - Top 10 Return Aces

B-Love
06-26-2009, 03:41 PM
In about 90 minutes NFL Netwrok will be showing the NFL's Top 10 Return Men and if my man Rick Upchurch doesn't make a top 5 showing on this list, I'll be disappointed. If he only makes honorable mention, I'll be really pissed.

Of course Deion and Gale Sayers will be way up there as will White Shoes Johnson. Darrien Gordon will probably get an honorable mention only.

But if they put stat accumulators like Brian Mitchell and Vai Sikahema ahead of Upchurch, it'll be a disgrace. Upchurch was the most feared return man in football for 5 straight years.

Should be a fun show.

Tombstone RJ
06-26-2009, 03:44 PM
We shall see if he's on the list, it'd be nice to see some recognition...

mr007
06-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Hmm, Dante Hall should be up there, at least honorable mention.... anyone remember that game where he juked about 37 of our guys at the 2 yard line and took it to the house? Man I was pissed!!

Glyn Milburn was fun to watch while he lasted as well.

Tombstone RJ
06-26-2009, 03:53 PM
Hmm, Dante Hall should be up there, at least honorable mention.... anyone remember that game where he juked about 37 of our guys at the 2 yard line and took it to the house? Man I was pissed!!

Yah, I remember that. I also remember at least two clips that weren't called and one of the clips was right in front of the back judge, I mean right freaking in front of him.

I can't stand that crap.

Yah, Hall was having a great year but missed calls like that are just frustrating as all get out.

If I remember correctly the Bronco would have won that game if the Hall TD never occured...

Dukes
06-26-2009, 03:53 PM
You guys are setting yourself up for disapointment. I'll be surprised if he's on the list.

Tombstone RJ
06-26-2009, 03:55 PM
You guys are setting yourself up for disapointment. I'll be surprised if he's on the list.

No doubt. But I bet Hester and Hall make the list...

Dukes
No doubt. But I bet Hester and Hall make the list...

I agree

Irish Stout
Yah, I remember that. I also remember at least two clips that weren't called and one of the clips was right in front of the back judge, I mean right freaking in front of him.

I can't stand that crap.

Yah, Hall was having a great year but missed calls like that are just frustrating as all get out.

If I remember correctly the Bronco would have won that game if the Hall TD never occured...

Two clips? You're being generous, my mind shows me there were no less than 5. Although, I have probably over-exagerated it over the years.

Tombstone RJ
06-26-2009, 03:58 PM
Two clips? You're being generous, my mind shows me there were no less than 5. Although, I have probably over-exagerated it over the years.

I think you may be right (also I said at LEAST two clips). I taped the game and watched that play like 10 times and I remember thinking, wow, what a bunch of crap...

mr007
06-26-2009, 04:00 PM

I can't stand that crap.

Yep, we would have won that one.

Borks147
06-26-2009, 04:00 PM

wait wait, I remember that the ref personally tackled Ian Gold just as he was about to get Hall.

Northman
06-26-2009, 04:24 PM
I know Dave Megget (sp?) will be on there.

DivineBronco
06-26-2009, 05:24 PM
wow I had no idea Gale Sayers was so bitter.....he needs a hug

B-Love
06-26-2009, 05:38 PM
Rick gets number 6 which I can deal with, and man it was great to see those highlights again!!

B-Love
06-26-2009, 05:53 PM
I take it back on Brian Mitchell as I forgot that he returned 13 TD's in his career. That combined with his longevity does earn him number 2 all time.

Los Broncos
06-26-2009, 05:55 PM
Is there any place to watch this online?

Killericon
06-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Did Jay's new BFF make it?

BroncoBuff
06-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Don't forget Deion Sanders ... he might even hit #1.

Upchurch will be close .... might not make it actually. He'll be one of the "just missed" guys like Gradishar was on the MLB list.

B-Love
06-26-2009, 06:32 PM
10. Dante Hall
9. Desmond Howard
8. Eric Metcalf
7. Gale Sayers
6. Rick Upchurch
5. Mel Gray
4. Deion Sanders
3. White Shoes Johnson
2. Brian Mitchell
1. Devin Hester

Northman
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
8. Eric Metcalf

Metcalf was the one i was actually thinking of.

BroncoBuff
06-26-2009, 06:50 PM
#6 ..... YESSSSS!

A much-needed shot of positivity!

SouthStndJunkie
06-26-2009, 07:22 PM
Rick Upchurch is the main reason I started liking the Broncos.

He grew up right outside of Toledo, Ohio just a few miles from where I grew up. He played for Springfield High School and the local news always covered his highlights. I remember watching the Broncos in their old orange uniforms playing in the snow and that did it for me. I met Upchurch when he was back in town when I was probably 7 or 8 and he signed all my cards and gave me some 8x10 autographed photos.

Good to see him getting some respect.

Dukes
06-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Glad I was wrong.

Dudeskey
06-26-2009, 10:35 PM

Thanks to a few blocks in the back- **** him...

mr007
06-26-2009, 11:05 PM
hahahaha they showed the highlight.... man.

BabyTO
06-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Hester looks like **** returning punts and kicks. Especially kicks. And don't give me this "they're kicking away from him" bull****, nobody is kicking away from him. They've done that in 2007 and he still produced so even if they did it's not even an argument. Add the fact that he fumbles the ball like every damn time. Such a joke.

Cito Pelon
06-27-2009, 08:46 AM
10. Dante Hall
9. Desmond Howard
8. Eric Metcalf
7. Gale Sayers
6. Rick Upchurch
5. Mel Gray
4. Deion Sanders
3. White Shoes Johnson
2. Brian Mitchell
1. Devin Hester

That's actually a decent list and rankings.

Bob's your Information Minister
06-27-2009, 09:15 AM

What I remember is the Broncos having nine minutes to win the game AFTER that touchdown and failing....miserably...getting owned...

Choking.

Tombstone RJ
06-27-2009, 02:58 PM
How can the NFLN not have The Orange Crush as one of the top 10 all time team nicknames?

B_Coole
06-29-2009, 08:48 AM
I think the original list is ok! I'm excited to see Sayers on there. That man is overlooked so much its crazy! He has some phenomenal career stats especially since his career was not as long as the average! He definitely deserves to be on this list. He wasnt asked to be represent the top 25 players in sports for nothing. Lucky son-of-a-gun will be in the Bahamas this fall. I heard about the event on some forum but dont really know anything about it. Has anyone heard about this?

Pony Boy
06-29-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm old and have seen most of them and it would be hard to not pick Eric Metcalf and Billy "white shoes "Johnson. I do love Upchurch but I have to be realistic he may not be a top 5.

LittleFloyd
06-29-2009, 12:13 PM
Hey Bowlen, why can't he even make the Ring of Fame?