montrose
06-24-2009, 10:41 PM
For Ben Wallace and Sasha Pavlovic.

DBroncos4life
06-24-2009, 10:48 PM
yes!!!

tsiguy96
06-24-2009, 10:50 PM
just read about this, wonder if it will work for them.

24champ
06-24-2009, 10:50 PM
Still not enough to stop the Lake Show.

TDmvp
06-24-2009, 11:15 PM

None of this matters when The Big Ticket comes back ...
Like anyone would have beat the Celtics if K.G. didn't go down ...
The team that came out of the East had to take a Garnettless Celts to 7 games. I doubt the Lakers or Cavs would have beat them either ... and figure they will be faved to win it all next year ...

TheManeMan
06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
Steve Kerr is the worst GM in the league.

UberBroncoMan
06-24-2009, 11:18 PM
The team that came out of the East had to take a Garnettless Celts to 7 games. I doubt the Lakers or Cavs would have beat them either ... and figure they will be faved to win it all next year ...

I'd hope not... I can't stand Boston or their bandwagon fans. The only team they've always stayed behind has been the Red Sox... the rest is just when they're good.

The only time I ever would have contemplated rooting for that city is if Ray Bourque still needed a Cup... luckily he made the right decision and came to us :)!

Dudeskey
06-24-2009, 11:46 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3131/3215947630_8c69dd3dd6.jpg
Methinks 'Bron won't be a Cav after next year...™

Popps
06-25-2009, 12:15 AM
Interesting move. Seems like this was inevitable.

Doesn't seem like he's got much left, but if he could stay healthy come playoff time, it'll at least be fun to watch.

watermock
06-25-2009, 12:22 AM
It's going to be fun watching Shaq beating down Kobe into the cameraman.

Los Broncos
06-25-2009, 12:34 AM

Or Orlando at this point.

24champ
06-25-2009, 01:04 AM

I hoped we played you guys this year in the finals...I really wanted some payback for last year. Maybe next year...assuming Rondo and Allen don't go anywhere. :wave:

ZONA
06-25-2009, 02:37 AM
Steve Kerr is the worst GM in the league.

I wouldn't go that far, he's only been doing it for a few years. The Suns had alot of problems and injuries that were not his fault. Yeah, I'll be the first in line to bag on him for the Porter hire but Shaq played well, you can't bag on him for that. I liked his trade where he dumped Bell and Diaw to pick up Richardson. Most NBA people agreed the Suns got the best deal there. And Amare missed the entire last part of the season. I'd like to see what the Lakers would have done without Kobe........lol. It's hard to overcome an injury to your key player. They need to quit trying to find that right piece to get them over the top and just rebuild it from the ground up. They missed their window. Get rid of Nash, Shaq (done) and dump all that salary in just 2 players.

Drek
06-25-2009, 03:13 AM
I'd hope not... I can't stand Boston or their bandwagon fans. The only team they've always stayed behind has been the Red Sox... the rest is just when they're good.

The only time I ever would have contemplated rooting for that city is if Ray Bourque still needed a Cup... luckily he made the right decision and came to us :)!

So Boston sports fans are bandwagoners?

You know, the same people who sold out the Fleet Center for nearly two decades of **** basketball through the post-Bird/McHale era where the best talent ever assembled was Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker, Vin Baker, and Kenny Anderson?

The Celtics are so far and away the #2 sports team in all of New England (behind the Red Sox) that it isn't even a contest. The only very popular team in the northeast that has a typical bandwagon following would be the Patriots, and that was largely because they never did **** of note. When you baseball team is one of the most storied historic franchises in the sport, your basketball team has more titles than any other team, and your hockey team had some pretty awesome glory days its hard for a done nothing football team to rank. Now they do (after talk of them moving to Hartford several a little over a decade ago) and so now they have a following, but the Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins have as big if not bigger a core fan base who follows every move than any other team in their respective leagues. Not those people's fault that people from around the country like to pile on a winner.

Killericon
06-25-2009, 03:25 AM
So Boston sports fans are bandwagoners?

You know, the same people who sold out the Fleet Center for nearly two decades of **** basketball through the post-Bird/McHale era where the best talent ever assembled was Paul Pierce, Antoine Walker, Vin Baker, and Kenny Anderson?

The Celtics are so far and away the #2 sports team in all of New England (behind the Red Sox) that it isn't even a contest. The only very popular team in the northeast that has a typical bandwagon following would be the Patriots, and that was largely because they never did **** of note. When you baseball team is one of the most storied historic franchises in the sport, your basketball team has more titles than any other team, and your hockey team had some pretty awesome glory days its hard for a done nothing football team to rank. Now they do (after talk of them moving to Hartford several a little over a decade ago) and so now they have a following, but the Red Sox, Celtics, and Bruins have as big if not bigger a core fan base who follows every move than any other team in their respective leagues. Not those people's fault that people from around the country like to pile on a winner.

The Bruins? Really? Huh.

bronco_boi_5280
06-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Shaq can help them, assuming he's in shape and motivated. He's on in years, so he's not going to carry them, but with LeBron he certainly doesn't have to.

For what they gave up, it was a good move. They need somebody down low.

And now the Suns move quietly into obscurity.

Rabb
06-25-2009, 06:42 AM
one year rental that will result in losing Shaq and Bron Bron after, nice work Cleveland...you actually got worse, Wallace is more complete at this point

Captain 'Dre
06-25-2009, 06:48 AM
Looks like Shaq and Favre are doing the 'ol "end-of-career-team-shuffle" thing, like Jerry Rice did.

I'm starting to think that Brett wants to play for every team in the NFC North before he hangs 'em up for good.... in 2063! ugh!~

Garcia Bronco
06-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Shaq...the one trick pony can't even do his one trick anymore.

ohiobronco2
06-25-2009, 07:27 AM
It's amazing that some people feel this is a bad move. I could understand if people questioned it from a chemistry standpoint, we all know about Shaq's baggage. He was healthy all season last year, avg 17 points in an offense that wasn't suited for him. The Cavs gave up 2 bench players, one who is likely to retire. ONeal will not shut down Howard, but atleast he is a big body who will make life move difficult for him on both ends. Most likely a one year rental depending on how successful this year is, a good deal for Cleveland.

Dukes
06-25-2009, 07:33 AM
The best thing Shaq has going for him are his Comcast commercials

Man-Goblin
06-25-2009, 07:34 AM
Good move.

SoDak Bronco
06-25-2009, 07:39 AM
Magic should still be able to get them unless the cav's can get some guys to guard Rashard and Hedo

Jason in LA
06-25-2009, 07:53 AM
I don't think this really improves the Cavs that much. Shaq is done. Even if he gets motivated again, like he did in his first year with the Heat, and gets in shape, he's still old and a shell of himself. Shaq isn't going to put the Cavs over the hump.

If KG didn't go down they would have come out of the East, but I think the Lakers would have gotten them this year. And I really don't see the Celtics being the favorite next year. Their window is damn near shut. That's why they were looking to make a big trade. They are trying to extend the chance at winning it all.

BMarsh615
06-25-2009, 08:29 AM
one year rental that will result in losing Shaq and Bron Bron after, nice work Cleveland...you actually got worse, Wallace is more complete at this point

No way. Ben Wallace has ALWAYS been a 1 dimensional player. All he is good for is his defense. He is a liability on offense. He is not nearly as athletic as he was when he was in Detroit, and he is just worthless on offense.

The Cavs need a big guy who can finish consistently around the basket. Shaq brings that to Cleveland.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-25-2009, 08:39 AM
This is gonna be a VERY motivated Shaq. I'm sure he'd love nothing more than to win a title for Lebron to prove to the world that all these guys need his help.

Dagmar
06-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Shaq and Kobe puppets anyone?

SonOfLe-loLang
06-25-2009, 08:45 AM

Shaq averaged 18 pts and 9 boards a game last year. Have you watched Ben Wallace play? He's an old 6'7 power forward that can't rebound like he once could and is completely useless on offense. I'd take the diesel ANY day of the week.

ohiobronco2
06-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Shaq averaged 18 pts and 9 boards a game last year. Have you watched Ben Wallace play? He's an old 6'7 power forward that can't rebound like he once could and is completely useless on offense. I'd take the diesel ANY day of the week.

Exactly, how people don't see this is beyond me. His TV must be set to 2003. 8')