PDA

View Full Version : OT-Don't read if you have kids...Serious topic.

Malcontent
06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Worst thing I have ever seen happened last evening on the way to dinner with wife and my Mum. This is hard... Plulled up to a busy corner just yards away from my house. Saw chaos, people running around with cell phones, crying, screaming. After asking wife wtf?? She says Oh My God! I was looking left at traffic, and absolutely did NOT want to look at what was to be what I saw to my right.....uggh..Let me just say...Hug your children tonight! If you think you don't connect with them? Please try again. If they seem distant?? make them closer...You do not want to see what I saw..Poor 13 year old precious girl on her bike..life ended by a red light runner.. thats all.

Spider
06-24-2009, 09:11 PM
I have this fear ,everytime my kids go out .....Every parents nightmare ....

Spider
06-24-2009, 09:36 PM
I saw something like this back in 89 , Ft Dodge Iowa .........16 year old girl just got her license , head on collision with a drunk driver , I was the 4 th truck on the scene , it was gut wrenching seeing her parents show up at the scene .....then in PA , dense fog , car ran over by Basin Robbins truck 2 kids in the back seat , DOA ....... Just like yesterday , I am grossing 96 K going down loveland pass ,in 3 rd gear jakes on doing about 7 mph . this punk in another truck pulls up besides me , keys up his radio and asked are you ok ?
i said yeah why ? He answered I was wondering why you was going so slow ? 96 K and he wonders why ? if there is a car stalled or fender bender or someone not pulled off on to the shoulder far enough , anything over 10 MPH I cant stop ...... Guess what ? thats right people will die ..... So i told that him leave the real trucking to us that know how to truck

Malcontent
06-24-2009, 09:41 PM
Ugly scene Spider.. poor child.

Dagmar
06-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about Ghostbusters.

Spider
06-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Ugly scene Spider.. poor child.

This is why I harp on people about their driving ........ so many people are careless....just like today On I 15 in vegas , a guy almost missed his turn , instead of going to the next exit and coming back , this Bastard cuts off 3 lanes of traffic ... pure ****ing stupid ....... I laid on that air horn and when he looked in the mirror all he was was peterbilt :D

Los Broncos
06-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Dam it just goes to show anything can happen, keep your loved ones close.

GreatBronco16
06-25-2009, 12:57 AM
This is why I harp on people about their driving ........ so many people are careless....just like today On I 15 in vegas , a guy almost missed his turn , instead of going to the next exit and coming back , this Bastard cuts off 3 lanes of traffic ... pure ****ing stupid ....... I laid on that air horn and when he looked in the mirror all he was was peterbilt :D

No **** man. The ones I hate, are the people who are behind you for a few minutes, then decide they want to pass you, just to jump in front of you, slam on their brakes and turn. Pisses me off. Happend today to me going up the mountain on the way to work.

slyinky
06-25-2009, 03:13 AM
I saw something like this back in 89 , Ft Dodge Iowa .........16 year old girl just got her license , head on collision with a drunk driver , I was the 4 th truck on the scene , it was gut wrenching seeing her parents show up at the scene .....then in PA , dense fog , car ran over by Basin Robbins truck 2 kids in the back seat , DOA ....... Just like yesterday , I am grossing 96 K going down loveland pass ,in 3 rd gear jakes on doing about 7 mph . this punk in another truck pulls up besides me , keys up his radio and asked are you ok ?
i said yeah why ? He answered I was wondering why you was going so slow ? 96 K and he wonders why ? if there is a car stalled or fender bender or someone not pulled off on to the shoulder far enough , anything over 10 MPH I cant stop ...... Guess what ? thats right people will die ..... So i told that him leave the real trucking to us that know how to truck
My uncle was a trucker for 30 some odd years and one time he was carrying a load down a hill around a corner in Arizona when he came upon someone lying in the road. No way to avoid running him over. Killed him, of course. Turned out to be a drunk Indian off of one of the reservations.

bronco_boi_5280
06-25-2009, 06:18 AM
I thought this thread was going to be about Ghostbusters.

/thread

bpc
06-25-2009, 06:31 AM
This kind of stuff scares the **** out of me as a young father. Freaks me out any time I turn on the 10 o'clock news or A&E.

RIP little girl.

Captain 'Dre
06-25-2009, 06:39 AM
This puts the Jay Cutler hysteria in perspective.

Nothing's more important to me than my kid, and life without her is unthinkable.

Reminds me to count my blessings for what I have, vs. complaining about what I DON'T have.

spdirty
06-25-2009, 06:47 AM
Man if my kids dont outlive me Ill probably be suicidal. Have a great aunt that lost all 3 of her kids, all at different times and for different reasons. I didnt know her kids that well so it didnt hit me that hard but what did hit me hard cuz I am close to her is seeing the pain she goes through every day, just wish there were something I could do to help ease that pain.

My condolences go out to her family.

bronclvr
06-25-2009, 06:47 AM
Back when I was 16 or so, the City of Denver had Tow Truck Operators sit in strategic places and listen to the Police Scanners and then race to the Accident and try and get the Tow-sad to say, looking back, that I was one of them-I saw a lot of Death (and have a lot of stories), but witnessed senseless acts by ignorant people (not that racing all over Denver in a 1 Ton Dually was smart)-glad to say Denver stopped this practice.

I grew to have a tremendous amount of respect for the EMT's and Firemen-they had to cut so many people out of Cars, deal with dead Babies, etc.-just a lot of unmentionable, preventable stuff. It changed the way I saw things-

vancejohnson82
06-25-2009, 06:57 AM
a woman I worked with had her 13 year old daughter killed walking home from school by an illegal immigrant....she lost tons of weight, quit her job, ended up in the hospital....she never really recovered

Dukes
06-25-2009, 07:20 AM

That kind of crap pisses me off to no end. Seriously, how hard is it to go to the next exit?

Dukes
06-25-2009, 07:30 AM
a woman I worked with had her 13 year old daughter killed walking home from school by an illegal immigrant....she lost tons of weight, quit her job, ended up in the hospital....she never really recovered

How do you recover from something like that? I don't think you ever really can.

Hotrod
06-25-2009, 07:32 AM
I dont think I would survive if something like this happened to my son. I cant even wrap my head around it.

vancejohnson82
06-25-2009, 07:39 AM
How do you recover from something like that? I don't think you ever really can.

I know...I really cant blame her...its easy for people to say, "LIfe goes on" but does it really?

Sassy
06-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Worst thing I have ever seen happened last evening on the way to dinner with wife and my Mum. This is hard... Plulled up to a busy corner just yards away from my house. Saw chaos, people running around with cell phones, crying, screaming. After asking wife wtf?? She says Oh My God! I was looking left at traffic, and absolutely did NOT want to look at what was to be what I saw to my right.....uggh..Let me just say...Hug your children tonight! If you think you don't connect with them? Please try again. If they seem distant?? make them closer...You do not want to see what I saw..Poor 13 year old precious girl on her bike..life ended by a red light runner.. thats all.
Woah...me too!

I was out on my bike last night...and also saw a major acccident...kid on a bike hit by a car...this child was 3 and the driver was a teenageer...but last I heard the news reported that the child didn't seem to have life threatening injuries. They were doing an MRI and catscan to be sure though. Scarey stuff!

Garcia Bronco
06-25-2009, 08:03 AM
Woah...me too!

I was out on my bike last night...and also saw a major acccident...kid on a bike hit by a car...this child was 3 and the driver was a teenageer...but last I heard the news reported that the child didn't seem to have life threatening injuries. They were doing an MRI and catscan to be sure though. Scarey stuff!

Why was a 3 year-old out on his bike at night? The reason I ask is two nights ago I was out at 10:30 walkiung my dog and these 10 year-old kids were out in the street playing. Don't parents have curfews anymore?

tsiguy96
06-25-2009, 08:04 AM
youre not supposed to read if you have kids, some of you are cheaters.

vancejohnson82
06-25-2009, 08:17 AM
Why was a 3 year-old out on his bike at night? The reason I ask is two nights ago I was out at 10:30 walkiung my dog and these 10 year-old kids were out in the street playing. Don't parents have curfews anymore?

Its amazing now....I had to be home by dark....and that was that....anything else led to a beating

the problem is that now since the kids have cell phones the parents think that their worries are settled because the kid can just dial up the house line and check in...but a cell phone doesnt do you any good after something bad has happened...

Spider
06-25-2009, 09:46 AM
That kind of crap pisses me off to no end. Seriously, how hard is it to go to the next exit?

you and me both ,people dont take driving serious any more ........Just like in Denver when I was leaving out , some Idiot came to a complete stop on the interstate ............I couldnt get over ... I managed to get stopped , He was on the cell phone ,Once I got stopped then he took the exit ......... Iam sitting at March air force base right now in Riverside , I have never been here before , thats why I get directions , write them down get exit #'s or street names then repeat them back to the person that gave them to me , then I proceed to where i got to go ......it is not a game out here

Spider
06-25-2009, 09:48 AM
I do , my 3 year olds are in by 5:00 pm ( not that they are allowed outside by themselfs ) my 7 year old in by 8, my 14 year old by 10 and the 17 year old really doesnt go anywhere , but she has to be home @ midnight

outdoor_miner
06-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Awful awful awful. It is so sad to think that people experience these types of tragedies every single day. I can not fathom the pain and desperation that people who lose a kid must go through... This world is a hard place for so many.

broncofan2438
06-25-2009, 10:07 AM

No **** man....scary world out there. Just gotta always be heads up and focused

TailgateNut
06-25-2009, 10:15 AM

No doubt. My 15Yo daughter is going to a funeral tomorrow. A friend of hers (14YO girl) died several days ago of a brain tumor. No warning, no signs until the last few days of her life. Sad.