PDA

View Full Version : OT: NHL Entry Draft

PRBronco
06-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Who's excited for this unparalleled entry draft extravaganza? Prepare for a sensory overload.

No seriously, anyone following it? (starts on Friday) I know there's lots of Avs fans here, you guys are in position to get a wicked prospect!

Baba Booey
06-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm a Devils fan. We have the 23rd pick and are probably going to be targeting a center or a puck-moving defenseman. Holland and Rundblad are two players I'm pretty high on, no homo.

No matter what smoke they're blowing, the Islanders are going to take Tavares. I'm assuming the Lightning are going to take Hedman, and that leaves you guys with Duchene. Great player that could definitely be the franchise center heir to Sakic.

Note: I am still sore about the 2001 finals between us.

PRBronco
06-22-2009, 04:27 PM
I'm a Devils fan. We have the 23rd pick and are probably going to be targeting a center or a puck-moving defenseman. Holland and Rundblad are two players I'm pretty high on, no homo.

No matter what smoke they're blowing, the Islanders are going to take Tavares. I'm assuming the Lightning are going to take Hedman, and that leaves you guys with Duchene. Great player that could definitely be the franchise center heir to Sakic.

Note: I am still sore about the 2001 finals between us.

Yeah Duchene will be money. I really like Brayden Schenn too, he'll be a solid player for a long time, who can play in any situation.

For the Canucks I'm hoping for a puck moving Dman too, I like Elliot or de Haan. Rundblad looks awesome but the Canucks have been a bit too Swedish the last few years, and it's not working. If none of those guys are around I like Landon Ferraro as a sniper too.

Baba Booey
06-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Yeah Duchene will be money. I really like Brayden Schenn too, he'll be a solid player for a long time, who can play in any situation.

For the Canucks I'm hoping for a puck moving Dman too, I like Elliot or de Haan. Rundblad looks awesome but the Canucks have been a bit too Swedish the last few years, and it's not working. If none of those guys are around I like Landon Ferraro as a sniper too.

I really liked Rundblad at the WJC, but I've heard good things about de Haan as well.

A guy I really like is Jordan Caron. He's a winger and we're pretty much set there with guys like Tedenby, Bergfors, and Halischuk coming up, but I was really impressed with him in the Memorial Cup.