PDA

View Full Version : Champ makes ESPN's All Decade Team

SoDak Bronco
06-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Champ Bailey was a consensus pick for ESPN's all defensive Decade team. probably the only Bronco that will be on either offense or defense. He is a special player!

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nfcwest/0-9-293/Strahan--Taylor-lead-dominant-defense.html

UberBroncoMan
06-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Kind of shocked Dawkins didn't make it over Troy... after all... Troy hasn't been playing 10 years... not even close. Hell even Lynch was a better choice imo for an ALL-DECADE team.

Now I'd give Troy the nod without a single doubt if he keeps this up for the next 5 years.

BroncoMan4ever
06-22-2009, 01:37 PM
i know i may come off sounding like a homer, but Al Wilson was one of the best LBs of the past decade, and was better than the overrated Urlacher.

UberBroncoMan
06-22-2009, 01:39 PM
i know i may come off sounding like a homer, but Al Wilson was one of the best LBs of the past decade, and was better than the overrated Urlacher.

He showed a lot of that by getting the Pro-Bowl 5 times in 8 played season without always having insane stats.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-22-2009, 01:42 PM

A bit of a homer

gyldenlove
06-22-2009, 02:24 PM
I would definitely take Dawkins over Troy for the last 10 years. Dawkins in his prime did everything. Lynch would be a solid choice too, he was a player on the field, a lockerroom presence and one of the top players off the field.

gyldenlove
06-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I would have Ty Law over Troy Vincent at CB and I wouldn't have Jenkins at DT. I would have Rod Coleman over Jenkins at DT. Jenkins is solid, but Coleman was dominant for several years like no other DT not named Sapp was.

BearMan18
06-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Urlacher placed at sam... hmmmmm...

BearMan18
06-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I would have Ty Law over Troy Vincent at CB and I wouldn't have Jenkins at DT. I would have Rod Coleman over Jenkins at DT. Jenkins is solid, but Coleman was dominant for several years like no other DT not named Sapp was.

Jenkins is a NT. Needed to allow Sapp excel in his UT spot. Rod Coleman is also an UT.

BroncoMan4ever
06-22-2009, 02:40 PM
He showed a lot of that by getting the Pro-Bowl 5 times in 8 played season without always having insane stats.

factor in basically a swinging door for a DL and what he was for this team is even more amazing. also i find it interesting that basically once he was gone this defense went straight to hell.

montrose
06-22-2009, 03:59 PM
My team off the top of my head.

Coach: Bill Belichick

QB: Tom Brady
RB: LaDanian Tomlinson
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Marvin Harrison
TE: Tony Gonzalez
OT: Walter Jones
OT: Jonathan Ogden
OG: Steve Hutchinson
OG: Alan Faneca
C: Jeff Saturday

DE: Michael Strahan
DE: Jason Taylor
DT: Warren Sapp
DT: Jamal Williams
OLB: Derrick Brooks
OLB: Joey Porter
ILB: Ray Lewis
CB: Champ Bailey
CB: Ty Law
S: Brian Dawkins
S: John Lynch

K: Adam Vinateri
P: Shane Lechler
KR: Devin Hester
PR: Dante Hall

yerner
06-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Brian Urlacher?

colonelbeef
06-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Either Richard Seymour or Mike Vrabel should have been on this list imo. Neither had huge stats but both were anchors on opportunistic, timely, championship defenses