PDA

View Full Version : Broncos ranked on NFL Network

UberBroncoMan
06-21-2009, 08:50 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d810e8dde/32-in-32-Denver-Broncos

tsiguy96
06-21-2009, 08:53 AM
not gonna bother watching it, these shows piss me off so much when they do anything other than news. they have absolutely zero idea of how the season wll turn out, they routinely picked the falcons to be awful last year and look how that turned out. this ranking stuff is so redundant and stupid.

bronco_boi_5280
06-21-2009, 09:01 AM
not gonna bother watching it, these shows piss me off so much when they do anything other than news. they have absolutely zero idea of how the season wll turn out, they routinely picked the falcons to be awful last year and look how that turned out. this ranking stuff is so redundant and stupid.

Then why even bother posting here at all?

Discussing, projecting, etc, is fun.

And BTW, nobody gets it right 100% of the time.

tsiguy96
06-21-2009, 09:06 AM

i post here mainly for news, so i know whats going on, and because i dont have **** else to do this summer. and to call out haters.

UberBroncoMan
06-21-2009, 09:07 AM
The vid is more about how they think the Broncos will do than the rank.

Spider
06-21-2009, 09:19 AM

wow we completely agree ........ ;D I knew it would happen .......
but yeah , specially after I saw that piece about Orton and Cutler .. I mean bat spit , AChe-man , Dan NoRingo , wasnt good Roll out QB's either ....... but the roll out has more to do with the run game then passing game ........

Spider
06-21-2009, 09:20 AM

why ? Because he is right about this ( damn that sucked to say ) .........

Tombstone RJ
06-21-2009, 09:26 AM
It's a 9 minute vid and I'm impressed with Solomon Wilcox. He really does break down the team and this is perhaps the most indepth team analysis I've seen so far for this 32 team segment

Wilcox was one of the few analysts that was complimentary of the Broncos training camp last year. Why others basically igored or overlooked the Broncos, Wilcox saw a lot of good things on that team.

I respect his analysis. For all the bashing he does about the Broncos losing Cutler he respects the fact that Nolan is in house and that McDaniels has a plan for the defense.

In the end Wilcox says he'd be suprised if the Broncos win 8 games, but still, that's just about as good as many were picking the Broncos this time last year.

BroncoBuff
06-21-2009, 10:19 AM
It's a 9 minute vid and I'm impressed with Solomon Wilcox.

All Colorado Buffaloes are impressive ... :thumbs:

Anaximines
06-21-2009, 10:21 AM
he respects the fact that Nolan is in house

Nolan in da house!

Thanks for the good review.

BroncoLifer
06-21-2009, 10:38 AM
It's a 9 minute vid and I'm impressed with Solomon Wilcox.

Just FYI, it's Wilcots.

He was one of my neighbors in Brackett Hall (dorm) at CU back in the day. A good guy.

Tombstone RJ
06-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Just FYI, it's Wilcots.

He was one of my neighbors in Brackett Hall (dorm) at CU back in the day. A good guy.

Yah, it's a little funky in spelling, thanks for the heads-up. I think he's NFLNs best analyst. He's certainly consistent in his opinions, he stands by his opinions and has solid reasoning behind them.

Punisher
06-21-2009, 11:21 AM
It's a 9 minute vid and I'm impressed with Solomon Wilcox. He really does break down the team and this is perhaps the most indepth team analysis I've seen so far for this 32 team segment

Wilcox was one of the few analysts that was complimentary of the Broncos training camp last year. Why others basically igored or overlooked the Broncos, Wilcox saw a lot of good things on that team.

I respect his analysis. For all the bashing he does about the Broncos losing Cutler he respects the fact that Nolan is in house and that McDaniels has a plan for the defense.

In the end Wilcox says he'd be suprised if the Broncos win 8 games, but still, that's just about as good as many were picking the Broncos this time last year.

We can go 3-0 in the 1st Three games after that we have to pull a rabbit out our ass.

Los Broncos
06-21-2009, 11:25 AM
We can go 3-0 in the 1st Three games after that we have to pull a rabbit out our ass.

I see us losing the first game, the next two are winnable.

If anything, I just hope we beat Oakland.

Punisher
06-21-2009, 11:40 AM
I see us losing the first game, the next two are winnable.

If anything, I just hope we beat Oakland.

Yea i have that same feeling...That game could come down to the wire,I see us winning or losing by a FG.Put it like this if we go 2-2 in the first 4 weeks will end up 7-9 if we go 4-0 will end up 9-7 or 10-6.

Man i hope the Defense has top 10 potential...

DarkHorse
06-21-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm convinced that many people in the Broncos organization has slept with, and left messy, with Sodomize Wilcott's wife.

That scab hates us for some reason.

Popps
06-21-2009, 12:14 PM
"Kyle Orton... he's a shorter guy..."

Kyle Orton | #8 | QB. Denver Broncos | Official Team Site. Height: 6-4

Yea, good analysis.

"Don't pay attention to wins."

More good analysis. ::)

"Teams win games."

Really? So, any chance that the guy who engineered the best offense in the NFL might be able to use one of the best lines in football to create a "team" for Orton to be successful?

Seamus
06-21-2009, 12:15 PM
So the comments say Bronco's have change, just going in the wrong direction with personnel. Yea who would have thought that Orton wasn't a direct replacement for Cutler?

Back to not having a franchise QB, again. Will the running game work? Will the defense work?

As a Denver fan from the early 80's, this is typical of the last several mediocre years.

KipCorrington25
06-21-2009, 01:20 PM

So he was wrong then last year because they sucked.

NYBronco
06-21-2009, 01:27 PM
So he was wrong then last year because they sucked.

I guess he couldn't forsee all the injuries.

eddie mac
06-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Total conjecture as the Broncos are probably the team most in transition this season with a new HC, new assistants, new QB, RB, new Defense and most likely different starters across the whole front 7.

No-one has seen our guys play together yet in a game so it's all mute IMO. You can analyse talent to the hilt but how a team plays as a unit is far more important IMO, that's how we'll win or lose games.

Kaylore
06-21-2009, 01:33 PM

Wilcox is terrible! He's a big Shanahan guy and like some of the people on this board, haven't gotten over him yet. There were huge holes in his <s>hating</s> "analysis"

Team morale has taken a huge hit. This is a straight lie. I do know some people through a variety of connections and the team is less upset about this than you think. Some have publicly acknowledged this is small stuff compared to places they came from. His comment that the team is missing Shanahan is off too. More than half the team wasn't even here last season and was brought in by McDaniels so they know who signed off on their paycheck and the entire defense likes things the way they are now. Basically this morale taking a huge hit is a bunch of crap.
Kyle Orton doesn't fit the system because he's not big enough. Orton fits he profile of this offense fine. He's a pocket passer that has the ability to slide around against pressure and steps into the rush to deliver his throw. He also makes calls at the line. And at 6'4" 217, This idea that he's "too small" is pathetic. It's like Wilcox didn't even bother looking Orton up and just assumed he's Drew Brees because they both played at Purdue.
They are the only team that hasn't improved. He actually said that of all the teams in the NFL, we're the only one that is not any better. This is just pure hating. Firing Slowik made the team instantly better and any free agent on safety other than who we had made the team instantly better.

Wilcox was a big Shanahan/Cutler guy and now all he does when the Broncos come up in discussions is rant about how horrible we are. These analysts are giving themselves a lot of rope to hang themselves with. I'm going to start saving all the comments people say about how horrible we are going to be in a word file and then repost them in this forum at the end of the year so we see how many geniuses are out there and how many were really just morons succumbing to Groupthink.

Raidersbane
06-21-2009, 02:01 PM
Wilcox was a big Shanahan/Cutler guy and now all he does when the Broncos come up in discussions is rant about how horrible we are. These analysts are giving themselves a lot of rope to hang themselves with. I'm going to start saving all the comments people say about how horrible we are going to be in a word file and then repost them in this forum at the end of the year so we see how many geniuses are out there and how many were really just morons succumbing to Groupthink

Well personally I have to admit I have no idea how we are going to do. We have been so blessed over the many years to have such competative teams season after season. I have to go back to the early 70's for a time when I felt so unsure of how this club is going to perform. The one thing I can say I'm certain of is it's going to be interesting and perhaps a tad painful. I'm going to withhold my judgement of the people in charge until I see what sort of product they put on the field this year and next. Go Broncos!

BroncoBuff
06-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Wilcox is terrible! He's a big Shanahan guy and like some of the people on this board, haven't gotten over him yet. There were huge holes in his <s>hating</s> "analysis"

Team morale has taken a huge hit. This is a straight lie. I do know some people through a variety of connections and the team is less upset about this than you think. Some have publicly acknowledged this is small stuff compared to places they came from. His comment that the team is missing Shanahan is off too. More than half the team wasn't even here last season and was brought in by McDaniels so they know who signed off on their paycheck and the entire defense likes things the way they are now. Basically this morale taking a huge hit is a bunch of crap.
Kyle Orton doesn't fit the system because he's not big enough. Orton fits he profile of this offense fine. He's a pocket passer that has the ability to slide around against pressure and steps into the rush to deliver his throw. He also makes calls at the line. And at 6'4" 217, This idea that he's "too small" is pathetic. It's like Wilcox didn't even bother looking Orton up and just assumed he's Drew Brees because they both played at Purdue.
They are the only team that hasn't improved. He actually said that of all the teams in the NFL, we're the only one that is not any better. This is just pure hating. Firing Slowik made the team instantly better and any free agent on safety other than who we had made the team instantly better.

Wilcox was a big Shanahan/Cutler guy and now all he does when the Broncos come up in discussions is rant about how horrible we are. These analysts are giving themselves a lot of rope to hang themselves with. I'm going to start saving all the comments people say about how horrible we are going to be in a word file and then repost them in this forum at the end of the year so we see how many geniuses are out there and how many were really just morons succumbing to Groupthink.

I agree with most of this, except one part... Khan, we haven't improved, not a bit. Not on paper anyway.

We're definitely not "the only team" that hasn't improved, but he must have been talking about our division, not the whole league. That would be silly.

I suppose Knowshon is a big plus, but Ayers is a pretty questionable one-year wonder, we can't really rely on him for all that much yet. Besides, every team has a first round draft pick, so you really can't point to that guy to say we've "improved."

And the fact is, whether you wanna believe it or not, losing a Pro Bowl QB is a huge blow, a major step backward for any team. Saying otherwise is a tad delusional. Actually, the biggest improvement anywhere in the organization is Nolan for Slowick. We agree there .... but that's the only real demonstrable improvement in my opinion.

Now, I'm perfectly willing to say we're laying some serious groundwork for a solid team in the future, but we're not "improved" yet.

Kaylore
06-21-2009, 03:23 PM
I agree with most of this, except one part... Khan, we haven't improved, not a bit. Not on paper anyway.

Actually, the biggest improvement anywhere in the organization is Nolan for Slowick. We agree there .... but that's the only real demonstrable improvement in my opinion.

Aside from the fact that you just contradicted yourself, our safeties are better, our linebackers are (marginally) better, our corners are better, our running backs are better, and our coaches are better. This is a fact. And this is without factoring the rookies, which are wild cards right now. So saying that we aren't better in any way is a complete and total bunch of crap for a sports take. Period. Yes, we're worse at QB, but people around here seem to believe that Cutler blocked for himself and also threw passes to clones of himself. The offense might take a step back in yardage, but I definitely think we'll improve from below average in scoring which is what we were last year. And the defense will be better too. Special teams...well it can't get worse. So no, you're wrong and so is Wilcox.

Archer81
06-21-2009, 03:26 PM
Actually what pissed me off about the NFL network was the top 10 defenses of all time. They had a falcons defense on there...but the Broncos werent numbered, they were one of the best of the rest...

:Broncos:

BroncoBuff
06-21-2009, 03:30 PM
Actually what pissed me off about the NFL network was the top 10 defenses of all time. Broncos were one of the best of the rest...

77, 81, 97 or 98?

Archer81
06-21-2009, 03:33 PM
77, 81, 97 or 98?

Orange Crush defense. Struck me as ridiculous because the Broncos did not win a SB with that defense...but the Falcons were on the list and never actually got to a SB. ****ing ridiculous.

BroncoBuff
06-21-2009, 03:49 PM
Dude I love that avatar ... looks like Popps after he and I have an argument ;D

Archer81
06-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Dude I love that avatar ... looks like Popps after he and I have an argument ;D

Before I got laid off we had alot of downtime when we were taking down our office, so I browsed around and found a whole bunch of these. This one is my favorite.

extralife
06-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Why do people get mad at these thing? Imagine it is your job to pay attention to every team in the NFL and try to figure out who you think will be good and who will suck. What is your basis for saying the Broncos will be good? What are the chances of that? Anyone saying we will probably suck is just doing their job. We have massive personnel turnover, new systems on both sides of the ball, we traded our blue chipper at QB, our top offensive weapon is threatening a hold out, and we have absolutely no idea what we have with our front seven.

BroncoBuff
06-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Aside from the fact that you just contradicted yourself, our safeties are better, our linebackers are (marginally) better, our corners are better, our running backs are better, and our coaches are better. This is a fact. And this is without factoring the rookies, which are wild cards right now. So saying that we aren't better in any way is a complete and total bunch of crap for a sports take. Period. Yes, we're worse at QB, but people around here seem to believe that Cutler blocked for himself and also threw passes to clones of himself. The offense might take a step back in yardage, but I definitely think we'll improve from below average in scoring which is what we were last year. And the defense will be better too. Special teams...well it can't get worse. So no, you're wrong and so is Wilcox.

I suppose that's a mild contradiction ... and yes, we'll have much better safeties. But our D-line is a mess - it has regressed considerably. One of our projected starters has played in just one game - ever - and that was in 2007. I don't agree our linebackers are better ... and I don't think Andre Goodman is very good, his record is not so good, and the Rams didn't try to re-sign him. I think Alphonso will be starting by Week 8 or sooner.

Our coaches are not better, save Nolan whom we've already covered.

And whadd'ya mean Wilcots and I are "wrong." It's all opinion .... you seem to gloss over that we lost a Pro Bowl quarterback, not to mention we have a ridiculously inexperienced D-line and several newly out-of-position linebackers. From an objective point of view, it's pretty clear we've regressed. On paper, anyway.

watermock
06-21-2009, 06:02 PM
Regadless, we had 4 of 5 key pieces intact on O, likely we lose 2. We spend a 12 on RB, but we don't know if holes will last long enough for Moreno.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-broncos/09000d5d810dc33c/Denver-in-disarray

BroncsRule
06-21-2009, 06:38 PM
Why do people get mad at these thing? Imagine it is your job to pay attention to every team in the NFL and try to figure out who you think will be good and who will suck. What is your basis for saying the Broncos will be good? What are the chances of that? Anyone saying we will probably suck is just doing their job. We have massive personnel turnover, new systems on both sides of the ball, we traded our blue chipper at QB, our top offensive weapon is threatening a hold out, and we have absolutely no idea what we have with our front seven.

Not to mention, the Most. Brutal. Schedule.

Evaaar!!

UberBroncoMan
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Not to mention, the Most. Brutal. Schedule.

Evaaar!!

That's the one thing that sucks about this upcoming season... man is our schedule insane -_-

Atlas
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
What really pisses me off about Shanny's firing is that Denver was looking to have the grestest offensive production in their history maybe in the history of the NFL. This coming year, all the young players would have gotten seasoned and were starting the primes of their career. So what if the defense sucked. The offense was going to be poetry in motion. Shanny was owed one more year. As it is now Denver's offense will be about 10 and their defense will be mid 20's. So why was it so important to fire Shanahan last year? Why fire the best coach in your history on a team that extremely young and talented team was becoming the best offense in football?

If Shanny was still here Right now we would be talking about all the great defensive players we drafted and how we were going to overtake the Chargers.

No Shanny,No Cutler, Marshal on the block and Denver has ZERO chance of winning the division and they have about a 50% chance to finish dead last behind an imporoving Oakland team.

Punisher
06-21-2009, 08:49 PM
What really pisses me off about Shanny's firing is that Denver was looking to have the grestest offensive production in their history maybe in the history of the NFL. This coming year, all the young players would have gotten seasoned and were starting the primes of their career. So what if the defense sucked. The offense was going to be poetry in motion. Shanny was owed one more year. As it is now Denver's offense will be about 10 and their defense will be mid 20's. So why was it so important to fire Shanahan last year? Why fire the best coach in your history on a team that extremely young and talented team was becoming the best offense in football?

If Shanny was still here Right now we would be talking about all the great defensive players we drafted and how we were going to overtake the Chargers.

No Shanny,No Cutler, Marshal on the block and Denver has ZERO chance of winning the division and they have about a 50% chance to finish dead last behind an imporoving Oakland team.

It seem Atlas is Touching reality here.......

Atlas
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
It seem Atlas is Touching reality here.......

I find that more often than not.... reality suck!

fdf
06-21-2009, 08:56 PM
. . . Wilcox was one of the few analysts that was complimentary of the Broncos training camp last year. Why others basically igored or overlooked the Broncos, Wilcox saw a lot of good things on that team.

I respect his analysis.

Seems like the two paragraphs are mutually contradictory. The Broncos were not a good team last year. Maybe his analysis sounded good. But he was wrong.

Kaylore
06-21-2009, 09:10 PM
I suppose that's a mild contradiction ... and yes, we'll have much better safeties. But our D-line is a mess - it has regressed considerably. One of our projected starters has played in just one game - ever - and that was in 2007. I don't agree our linebackers are better ... and I don't think Andre Goodman is very good, his record is not so good, and the Rams didn't try to re-sign him. I think Alphonso will be starting by Week 8 or sooner.

Our coaches are not better, save Nolan whom we've already covered.

And whadd'ya mean Wilcots and I are "wrong." It's all opinion .... you seem to gloss over that we lost a Pro Bowl quarterback, not to mention we have a ridiculously inexperienced D-line and several newly out-of-position linebackers. From an objective point of view, it's pretty clear we've regressed. On paper, anyway.
He said we didn't get better in any way. I suppose that Brian Dawkins could suddenly be worse than Marquand Manuel and Mike Nolan will be worse than Bob...ok I can't even finish that sentence. You are right in that it's all speculation but to say on paper we aren't better is crazy. Our position coaches across the board are much better. We don't have Slowik's son coaching the DB's because "my Dad's the coordinator."

Even on offense you could make the case that McDaniels has done more recently than Shanahan has. Shanahan's offenses have looked watered down since Kubiak left. In fact the Texans look more like Broncos since Kubiak got there than we have. I don't even know what our offensive identity has been the last three years. McDaniels recent production as game-caller and coordinator will be at least as good as it's been the last three years.

Special teams, well they have sucked so at worst it's a wash and at best it improves markedly.

Without our offense last year (again most of which is intact including the offensive line which is the most important part) our defense would have been one of the worst in the history of the NFL. Better coaches and improvements to a variety of positions will improve that. It will take time, and we probably won't be good, but I promise it will not be the disaster we all witnessed last year.

tsiguy96
06-21-2009, 10:03 PM
That's the one thing that sucks about this upcoming season... man is our schedule insane -_-

i would much, much rather watch the broncos play good teams thanbad teams. its more fun to watch and it will make the team better.

BroncoBuff
06-21-2009, 10:05 PM
He said we didn't get better in any way.
Oh, well that's dumb. Safeties and D-coordinator are lights out upgrades.

Anaximines
06-21-2009, 11:19 PM
He said we didn't get better in any way. I suppose that Brian Dawkins could suddenly be worse than Marquand Manuel and Mike Nolan will be worse than Bob...ok I can't even finish that sentence. You are right in that it's all speculation but to say on paper we aren't better is crazy. Our position coaches across the board are much better. We don't have Slowik's son coaching the DB's because "my Dad's the coordinator."

Even on offense you could make the case that McDaniels has done more recently than Shanahan has. Shanahan's offenses have looked watered down since Kubiak left. In fact the Texans look more like Broncos since Kubiak got there than we have. I don't even know what our offensive identity has been the last three years. McDaniels recent production as game-caller and coordinator will be at least as good as it's been the last three years.

Special teams, well they have sucked so at worst it's a wash and at best it improves markedly.

Without our offense last year (again most of which is intact including the offensive line which is the most important part) our defense would have been one of the worst in the history of the NFL. Better coaches and improvements to a variety of positions will improve that. It will take time, and we probably won't be good, but I promise it will not be the disaster we all witnessed last year.

This is all just so much conjecture, trying to predict what someone's going to do in Denver because of what they did somewhere else. Why didn't Charlie Weiss, the OC of 3 super bowl winning teams in 4 years, succeed when he left New England? Or the other Patriot assistants for that matter? How do we know Dawkins won't get hurt or fall off? How did Hixon go from not being able to stick in Denver to being looked as a worthy stand-in when Plaxico started having problems... all in the same season no less! There were people who were excited about bringing in Manuel and McCree (let alone Simeon Rice, lest we forget). It's hard to figure things out just looking at them on paper.

Call me crazy but I believe this logic extends even to people like Slowik. Maybe that's taking it too far because of his pretty impressive history of mediocrity across organizations, but I will at least say that I don't think it's exactly a slam dunk that just having Nolan instead of B.S. will improve our D that much. I'm still at least a little sympathetic to Shanahan's sentiment that keeping Slowik on just for the sake of having some consistency at DC would have been helpful.

And I don't know how much our offense helped our D out last year, I feel like last year's O has really been mythologized. It probably would have helped a lot more if we would have had at least the threat of being able to run the ball in half of our games.

Popps
06-21-2009, 11:45 PM
[LIST=1]
[B].

Yea, I don't claim to know a lot of "insiders," but the few people I know that have had their ear to the ground in the past with some success have told me that there's no lack of focus and enthusiasm around Broncos camp, and I've heard speculation that the team doesn't miss Culter, or at least his personality. Pure speculation, so do with that what you want.

But, I'll throw this out there...

Find me ONE single player who's spoken out against the organization?

Find me one.

Find me a single quote of a player who says the team is in turmoil, or that morale has taken a hit.

Find me a single quote from a single Bronco that says there are problems in the locker room, because when there ARE problems, there are never a lack of guys to talk about them.

If these imaginary problems exist, why can't we find a single person to talk about them? Brandon Marshall has said nothing but great things about the new staff and the team.

All I hear is a bunch of guys that sound very focused and like they may just have a bit of a chip on their shoulder from being told that their team is a wreck.

There's not a single shred of proof that there's any sort of locker room problem whatsoever.

-Cutler was a bitch.

-Marshall wants a paycheck. (Standard NFL 101 nonsense.)

BearMan18
06-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Yea, I don't claim to know a lot of "insiders," but the few people I know that have had their ear to the ground in the past with some success have told me that there's no lack of focus and enthusiasm around Broncos camp, and I've heard speculation that the team doesn't miss Culter, or at least his personality. Pure speculation, so do with that what you want.

Find me one.

Find me a single quote of a player who says the team is in turmoil, or that morale has taken a hit.

Find me a single quote from a single Bronco that says there are problems in the locker room, because when there ARE problems, there are never a lack of guys to talk about them.

If these imaginary problems exist, why can't we find a single person to talk about them? Brandon Marshall has said nothing but great things about the new staff and the team.

All I hear is a bunch of guys that sound very focused and like they may just have a bit of a chip on their shoulder from being told that their team is a wreck.

There's not a single shred of proof that there's any sort of locker room problem whatsoever.

-Cutler was a b****.

FYI,

Only 2 people to speak out Oakland while under contract:

Warren Sapp and Randy Moss. Two HOFers in their own right and in the middle of a decade of turmoil.

kamakazi_kal
06-22-2009, 10:16 AM

Find me one.

-Cutler was a b****.

Speaking out publicly would be the fastest way to get cut ...... It would get you nowhere. So why would anyone do it?

ZachKC
06-22-2009, 05:20 PM

Dude, shut the **** up.

BroncoMan4ever
06-22-2009, 06:03 PM

if Mike were still here our defense would look terrible on historic standards, we would still have rejects running the ball because his ego prevented him from drafting talented runners, so we'd all be hoping Young and Torain could become something good, scrubs like Engleberger and Nate jackson would again make the final roster for some unknown reason.

and sorry to burst your bubble, but without a good RB which Mike would not have brought in because he had it carved in his brain that anyone could succeed running in Denver and with Bates calling ****ing bubble screen passes 15 times a game, this offense was never going to reach the potential it had in terms of scoring.

GreatBronco16
06-22-2009, 07:03 PM
if Mike were still here our defense would look terrible on historic standards, we would still have rejects running the ball because his ego prevented him from drafting talented runners, so we'd all be hoping Young and Torain could become something good, scrubs like Engleberger and Nate jackson would again make the final roster for some unknown reason.

and sorry to burst your bubble, but without a good RB which Mike would not have brought in because he had it carved in his brain that anyone could succeed running in Denver and with Bates calling ****ing bubble screen passes 15 times a game, this offense was never going to reach the potential it had in terms of scoring.

This must have been that reality that Atlas was upset about. :giggle:

DarkHorse30
06-22-2009, 09:29 PM
What really pisses me off about Shanny's firing is that Denver was looking to have the grestest offensive production in their history maybe in the history of the NFL. This coming year, all the young players would have gotten seasoned and were starting the primes of their career. So what if the defense sucked. The offense was going to be poetry in motion. Shanny was owed one more year.

Remember getting smoked by the Colts '03 and '04 in the playoffs? Then drafting Cutler was supposed to solve that problem.....until we STARTED getting smoked by the Chargers every time we played them.

So why was it so important to fire Shanahan last year? Why fire the best coach in your history on a team that extremely young and talented team was becoming the best offense in football?

He was so worried about defense, he forgot his offense and gave it over to some rook (Bates) who is so good, he's at USC calling plays for their OC (instead of changing Jay's diaper and burping him). Remember the way Denver's offense didn't have anything in the second half for any opponent in December? I do. The playcalling was predictable and bad.

Did you even watch any games last year? Shanahan's "juggernaut" offense often struggled out of the gate (against good teams) and we lucked into 2 of our first 3 wins. Couple that with a MONSTROUS CHOKE JOB IN DECEMBER, and I see no reason that Shanahan could have been expected to get Denver into the playoffs this year.