PDA

View Full Version : Today is a down day

Spider
06-20-2009, 01:08 PM
I got a call from Billy , wanting me to pick up the 1966 chevelle Malibu ..
Problem is I got a pearl green 1978 firebird in my garage right now .........
So I have to sell the firebird ........that 66 was me and my Dads project , I have been putting off going and getting it , cause it is still too soon .......

BearMan18
06-20-2009, 01:10 PM
$20 for the Firebird.

Popps
06-20-2009, 01:11 PM
Sorry dude.

You should pimp out the Malibu. I'll bet he would have wanted you to finish it.

Spider
06-20-2009, 01:12 PM
$20 for the Firebird.

funny ........20 wouldnt even buy the lug nuts on it

Spider
06-20-2009, 01:14 PM
Sorry dude.

You should pimp out the Malibu. I'll bet he would have wanted you to finish it.

;D we had a plan ........ lots of Chrome , Pearl black , send it to my cousin in Thorton , to do the work ...........

DarkHorse
06-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Pics or ban bich

Not interested in the 2nd gen F-body but post some pics of the killer 66 Malibu - my favorite year.

Spider
06-20-2009, 01:18 PM
Pics or ban bich

Not interested in the 2nd gen F-body but post some pics of the killer 66 Malibu - my favorite year.

i will when it is done .........

BearMan18
06-20-2009, 01:21 PM
funny ........20 wouldnt even buy the lug nuts on it

In this economy you should be thanking me and delivering it for that kind of money.

Spider
06-20-2009, 01:23 PM
In this economy you should be thanking me and delivering it for that kind of money.

LOL well I have a buyer now , He wants to turn it into a pro stock or something

Orange_Beard
06-20-2009, 01:30 PM
Yeah, it is way to soon.

BearMan18
06-20-2009, 01:32 PM
LOL well I have a buyer now , He wants to turn it into a pro stock or something

Ask your buyer if he loves Kyle Orton. If not, you can't trust him.

My $20 will only be on the table for another 4 hours.

Spider
06-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah, it is way to soon.

Yeah .......I gave one of my Brothers the Ford Elite , the other got the Lincoln mark 4 i forget the year ,But it is a nice car , My sister and her dingbat husband get the 49 ford ........actually all I want is one of my Dads guitars , and some of his personal items

Spider
06-20-2009, 01:52 PM
LOL as odd as this sounds , my Dad hated being barefooted , so we made sure he was buried in his favorite boots , I was doing ok the other night , then my triplets saw the Military plaque my brother had made up of my Dad and started talking to grandpa ......... My oldest child folded up her American flag and placed it in the China hutch next to the Plaque .......

cutthemdown
06-20-2009, 02:07 PM
Ask your buyer if he loves Kyle Orton. If not, you can't trust him.

My $20 will only be on the table for another 4 hours.

so while the dude is talking about being sad about his dad, stuff his dad owned, etc etc, the best you can come up with is some lame **** about giving him 20 bucks for a car?

Talk about a way to get off to a good start. I'm not sure who you are but I already don't like you.

Broncojef
06-20-2009, 02:08 PM
LOL as odd as this sounds , my Dad hated being barefooted , so we made sure he was buried in his favorite boots , I was doing ok the other night , then my triplets saw the Military plaque my brother had made up of my Dad and started talking to grandpa ......... My oldest child folded up her American flag and placed it in the China hutch next to the Plaque .......

Sometimes kids are just way smarter than all the people with letters behind their name.

Spider
06-20-2009, 02:11 PM
so while the dude is talking about being sad about his dad, stuff his dad owned, etc etc, the best you can come up with is some lame **** about giving him 20 bucks for a car?

Talk about a way to get off to a good start. I'm not sure who you are but I already don't like you.

I guess he doesnt ike 1978 firebirds hey :D

Spider
06-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Sometimes kids are just way smarter than all the people with letters behind their name.

man you nailed it , I thought they was to young to understand ......they understand

broncswin
06-20-2009, 02:13 PM

Rep...was thinking the same thing, what the hell is this poster thinking. Spider, I think you need to tell him about the throat...oh I won't spoil it for him.

Would love to see the pics of the malibu when done, what's going under the hood?

cutthemdown
06-20-2009, 02:14 PM
I guess he doesnt ike 1978 firebirds hey :D

I liked them a lot when I was 8-10 yrs old. The Trans-Am I think I liked more though because of Smokey and the Bandit. I mean who didn't want one of those in black with the t-tops and cute brunette in the passenger seat?

Not to mention just how cool it is to a wear a cowboy hat while driving fast.

ORTONRULES
06-20-2009, 02:16 PM

I dont see anything wrong with bringing a little levity to a downer thread. If it makes you feel better I will give Optimus Prime 100 bucks for the Firebird.

Spider
06-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Rep...was thinking the same thing, what the hell is this poster thinking. Spider, I think you need to tell him about the throat...oh I won't spoil it for him.

Would love to see the pics of the malibu when done, what's going under the hood?

Small block 265 ....... ;D we kept it original

broncswin
06-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Small block 265 ....... ;D we kept it original

No other way to go...gets some picks when it's done:approve:

Broncojef
06-20-2009, 02:24 PM
man you nailed it , I thought they was to young to understand ......they understand

They'll see him again and you will too, keep the faith. Sounds like they have a special place in their heart for grandpa and the nation he served for, these days thats one awesome lesson and something you should be proud of.

Spider
06-20-2009, 02:25 PM
I liked them a lot when I was 8-10 yrs old. The Trans-Am I think I liked more though because of Smokey and the Bandit. I mean who didn't want one of those in black with the t-tops and cute brunette in the passenger seat?

Not to mention just how cool it is to a wear a cowboy hat while driving fast.

LOL same here .........

Spider
06-20-2009, 02:34 PM
No other way to go...gets some picks when it's done:approve:

;D my cousin is doing all of the body work , @ cost .........1 condition , when we are done , we cruise it around ;D

Spider
06-20-2009, 02:37 PM
They'll see him again and you will too, keep the faith. Sounds like they have a special place in their heart for grandpa and the nation he served for, these days thats one awesome lesson and something you should be proud of.

;D I hope so yeah My kids loved Grandpa , And the older ones understand he faught for this country

cutthemdown
06-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Cool when your mom or dad passes away come on by.

Popps
06-21-2009, 12:38 AM

Again, it's a regular here. Alter-ego. Funny for the first several minutes, and now painfully dull.

cutthemdown
06-21-2009, 10:57 AM
Again, it's a regular here. Alter-ego. Funny for the first several minutes, and now painfully dull.

I guess since my dad has also passed away I am a little touchy on the subject.

Spider
06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
I guess since my dad has also passed away I am a little touchy on the subject.

yeah I am missing my dad today.....

cutthemdown
06-21-2009, 11:12 AM
yeah I am missing my dad today.....

I've noticed I still miss my dad as much as ever, I still get almost as sad as I did 4 yrs ago, but more often then not I find myself laughing about how funny he was, or being amazed at how smart he was.

Everytime I look at my broken down sportfisher I say to myself my dad would so have that thing in the water right now.

A good thing to do when your missing dad is to go out and do something you know he would like to do. My dad loved to fix things so I will just walk around house, find a project, grab a beer or cup of coffee depending and get to work.

It's even a bigger bonus if I have to go to home depot. I will wear my little tape measure like my dad did and head out.

Spider
06-21-2009, 11:33 AM
I've noticed I still miss my dad as much as ever, I still get almost as sad as I did 4 yrs ago, but more often then not I find myself laughing about how funny he was, or being amazed at how smart he was.

Everytime I look at my broken down sportfisher I say to myself my dad would so have that thing in the water right now.

A good thing to do when your missing dad is to go out and do something you know he would like to do. My dad loved to fix things so I will just walk around house, find a project, grab a beer or cup of coffee depending and get to work.

It's even a bigger bonus if I have to go to home depot. I will wear my little tape measure like my dad did and head out.

;D yeah , I got to head out in 1 hour to go to Denver , get a load and go to Cali .......The local gig I had fell through ,on Friday they wanted me to go OTR also ,Cause the local driver came back , but they wanted me to drive a piece of crap truck and lower pay , so I am back with my old company ;D

gunns
06-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Hang in there guys, Dad is with you today.

"It doesn't matter who my father was;
it matters who I remember he was."
~~By Anne Sexton (1928-1974) U.S. poet.~~

Seamus
06-21-2009, 01:38 PM
Spider, I would try to keep the car and finish it, however I know that there is a bit of reality that gets in the way (bills and means to do it). I was the only one in the family who wrenched on and showed any interest in older cars, yet my aunt kept my grandfathers 68 Camero from me, a whole 32K he drove on it.
Then I have a friend who built up his dad's truck in Denver for him. Got to drive it about a year before he passed. Now it has just sat for eight years, I got to get him interested in it again, needs some TLC to get it back in shape.

I am away from my kids for another week, wish I was with them today. (with Eddie Rabbit in the background singing drivin my life away)

I am still fortunate to have my dad around, haven't heard from him in months. Kind of sad when part of the year he only lives a mile away.

Spider
06-22-2009, 01:30 AM
Spider, I would try to keep the car and finish it, however I know that there is a bit of reality that gets in the way (bills and means to do it). I was the only one in the family who wrenched on and showed any interest in older cars, yet my aunt kept my grandfathers 68 Camero from me, a whole 32K he drove on it.
Then I have a friend who built up his dad's truck in Denver for him. Got to drive it about a year before he passed. Now it has just sat for eight years, I got to get him interested in it again, needs some TLC to get it back in shape.

I am away from my kids for another week, wish I was with them today. (with Eddie Rabbit in the background singing drivin my life away)

I am still fortunate to have my dad around, haven't heard from him in months. Kind of sad when part of the year he only lives a mile away.
I can relate being on the road is rough , but we do what we got to do to support our loved ones ...... Happy Fathers day , I hope things work out between you and your Dad .......

Blueflame
06-22-2009, 03:00 AM
Dad's been gone 3 years now... but Father's Day still brings on the blues And I still miss him. Chet Atkins was his favorite guitarist, so this is an appropriate Father's Day tribute....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/og3O_Th-JAo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/og3O_Th-JAo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BroncoInSkinland
06-22-2009, 07:56 AM
Fathers day is the day the most collect calls are made in America. Dad's don't care what they get, or what they do on Fathers day, they just want thier kids to be thinking of them. Looks like most of the people here are already doing that, so I am sure wherever your Fathers are, they are Happy. I would tell you to remember the good times Spider, and know he is proud of you, but it looks like you are way ahead of me.