PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Orton : Iíve had a strong enough arm my entire career. I donít listen to critics

Bronco Rob
06-19-2009, 09:45 AM
We’re getting ever closer - training camps in the National Football League are just about a month away. As we’ve said here on Sports Radio Interviews all offseason, the play of the quarterbacks in Chicago and in Denver are going to dominate the headlines - and deservedly so - for much of 2009 and even beyond. All eyes will be on young quarterback Kyle Orton to make the Broncos look either really smart or really, really stupid for dealing Jay Cutler to the Chicago Bears this offseason. With training camp approaching, let’s take a listen to Orton to see how things are progressing in new coach Josh McDaniels’s explosive system. He joined 104.3 The Fan in Denver on Wednesday to talk about being named the starter by his head coach (’for now’) before the start of training camp and other similar topics.

On if he was surprised that Coach McDaniels named him the starter over Chris Simms despite training camp being more than a month away:

“I didn’t put too much thought in to it - I just try to go out every day and improve and get this offense under my belt and play as good as I can.”

On how he’s gone about exuding leadership qualities in the few short months he’s been in Denver, particularly since his coach has shown so much confidence in him:

“Yeah I think it’s an important thing to have a quarterback that carries the leadership role. I think it’s been tough early on, splitting reps, and having one guy in the huddle and then another guy in the huddle. It’s a tough thing to develop leadership from the position when it’s like that. So that’s really what I look forward to at training camp - being in there with one guy and really trying to lead this football team and lead this offense to be as good as we can be and see if we can win a lot of football games this year.”

On what fans and the media can expect from Josh McDaniels’s offense when it’s clicking:

“You’re not going to see one thing from week to week. I think we try to exploit the team’s weaknesses that we’re going to play and hopefully just find the best way to beat that football team and as long as the players execute the system we should win a lot of games.”

On what he says to those who think he doesn’t have NFL-caliber arm strength:

“I’ve had a strong enough arm my entire career. I don’t listen to critics. I feel like I’ve had a nice start to my career and being with these coaches and these players, I’m just getting better and better and I just think this trade is the jump start to the second part of my career.”

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2009/06/18/kyle-orton-talks-new-beginnings-in-denver/

:thumbsup:

UberBroncoMan
06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
In other news Kyle Orton says he has a stronger beard than Jake Plummer.

TheReverend
06-19-2009, 09:54 AM
I wonder if "critics" includes former coaches, in his opinion?

Meck77
06-19-2009, 09:58 AM
I could care less about any individuals on the Broncos roster. What I would like to see is the team improve throughout the season instead of getting their asses handed to them and embarrassed down the stretch.

Bring back the era of "ugly wins" and playoff births. At least back then we had a chance and made the playoffs even though we were severely outplayed but that is what happens whey you play superbowl contenders.

Tombstone RJ
06-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Thanks Bronco Rob!

Dudeskey
06-19-2009, 10:17 AM
In other news Kyle Orton says he has a stronger neckbeard than Jake Plummer.

Fixed...ô

cutthemdown
06-19-2009, 10:37 AM
sometimes medium strength arms do better. The QB realizes some throws he just can't make, while the Cutler type will try any throw. Many times the one who makes decisions based on what he knows he can't do makes far fewer mistakes.

Smiling Assassin27
06-19-2009, 10:54 AM
In other news Kyle Orton says he has a stronger beard than Jake Plummer.

i think he used the phrase 'hands down'...

Popps
06-19-2009, 10:55 AM
I could care less about any individuals on the Broncos roster. What I would like to see is the team improve throughout the season instead of getting their asses handed to them and embarrassed down the stretch.

Bring back the era of "ugly wins" and playoff births. At least back then we had a chance and made the playoffs even though we were severely outplayed but that is what happens whey you play superbowl contenders.

That's been my complaint for years, now.

I think we can all agree that this season is going to be tough. Even with no changes, this schedule would have been pretty brutal. But, installing a new offense/defense... it's going to be a rebuilding year.

But, I still think this team will be an improved team by season's end.

People around this message board will remain fixed on the QB, just like they did with Cutler and Plummer. But, Orton won't be the story. He'll just be part of it. McDaniels is installing a completely new philosophy for this franchise. If guys buy in, and I believe they are... you're going to see a much different Broncos team.

To me, the kind of philosophy McDaniels is installing is not only much more effective over time... it's just more fun to watch and root for.

BroncoMan4ever
06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
he doesn't have a Cutler type of arm, but he is far from being a Chad pennington type. look at his college highlights, he has a decent arm. just in Chicago he was never given an opportunity to showcase the arm, due to lack of weapons, and the conservative style of offense the Bears always run.

supermanhr9
06-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Neck beard will be fine. We all will have to remember mistakes happen, especially at the QB position, so I am more concerned on how he will take the immense pressure from the OMANERS and the rest of the city when he has a bad game, or makes a dumb decision. He's solid, let's see if he's solid upstairs.

barryr
06-19-2009, 11:58 AM
I've seen Orton enough to conclude his arm strength is fine for the NFL. He doesn't have a rocket, but he gets the throws there where he needs to. His lack of mobility is what concerns me the most. I should say his quickness or lack of bothers me. It seems to take him awhile to build up any kind of speed while escaping the rush or simply getting out of the pocket and quicker DL tend to get him before he can escape. Once he gets going and building up speed, he can get down the field. It's just the short area quickness where he seems to be lacking. But with this OL the Broncos, that shouldn't be as big a deal as it was with the Bears.

Rabb
06-19-2009, 12:01 PM
accurate, smart throws will do it for me versus a bullet that could have been picked off in a tight spot

he will be fine, I bet he makes fewer mistakes than Jay did

Mr Chatterboodamn
06-19-2009, 12:15 PM
wow, the things people will say

RaiderH8r
06-19-2009, 12:57 PM
accurate, smart throws will do it for me versus a bullet that could have been picked off in a tight spot

he will be fine, I bet he makes fewer mistakes than Jay did

Yeah, Denver's success with weak/moderate armed precision passers by far blows away Denver's success with big armed gunslingers. :thumbs:

oubronco
06-19-2009, 01:07 PM
he doesn't have a Cutler type of arm, but he is far from being a Chad pennington type. look at his college highlights, he has a decent arm. just in Chicago he was never given an opportunity to showcase the arm, due to lack of weapons, and the conservative style of offense the Bears always run.

more like he couldn't beat out Grossman or Griese for the starting job

SonOfLe-loLang
06-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Yeah, Denver's success with weak/moderate armed precision passers by far blows away Denver's success with big armed gunslingers. :thumbs:

So John Elway was just a guy with a strong arm?

rastaman
06-19-2009, 01:22 PM
I've seen Orton enough to conclude his arm strength is fine for the NFL. He doesn't have a rocket, but he gets the throws there where he needs to. His lack of mobility is what concerns me the most. I should say his quickness or lack of bothers me. It seems to take him awhile to build up any kind of speed while escaping the rush or simply getting out of the pocket and quicker DL tend to get him before he can escape. Once he gets going and building up speed, he can get down the field. It's just the short area quickness where he seems to be lacking. But with this OL the Broncos, that shouldn't be as big a deal as it was with the Bears.

Ummmmmm.....seems as if Ole' Orton maybe a prime candidate for "Taser or Cattle Prod" therapy to help build incentive for more quickness!!! ;)

orinjkrush
06-19-2009, 01:24 PM
Craig Morton and Haven Moses got us to the Super Bowl.

Oh yeah, and the Orange Crush.

rastaman
06-19-2009, 01:25 PM

I think we can all agree that this season is going to be tough. Even with no changes, this schedule would have been pretty brutal. But, installing a new offense/defense... it's going to be a rebuilding year.

People around this message board will remain fixed on the QB, just like they did with Cutler and Plummer. But, Orton won't be the story. He'll just be part of it. McDaniels is installing a completely new philosophy for this franchise. If guys buy in, and I believe they are... you're going to see a much different Broncos team.

To me, the kind of philosophy McDaniels is installing is not only much more effective over time... it's just more fun to watch and root for.

So if you belive Denver is in for a tough year! How many wins are you predicting?

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 03:33 PM

Good post, but you're underestimating Orton. The guy does way more than his numbers reflect!

I'm new here but I've already read a ton of posts of yours that I like! Looking forward to getting to know you better!

ORTONRULES
06-19-2009, 03:42 PM
So if you belive Denver is in for a tough year! How many wins are you predicting?

predicting wins before training camp is for the birds.

Yet you all do get to play the chargers, chiefs and raiders twice each that should be 6 wins right there.

Who is the biggest rival anyway the chargers?

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 03:46 PM
predicting wins before training camp is for the birds.

Yet you all do get to play the chargers, chiefs and raiders twice each that should be 6 wins right there.

Who is the biggest rival anyway the chargers?

I think so.

I don't think they have any storied rivalries like we used to with the Packers.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
I think so.

I don't think they have any storied rivalries like we used to with the Packers.

Itsn ot the Bears/Pack...but Broncos/Raiders is a great rivalry...well, when the raiders are good.

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Itsn ot the Bears/Pack...but Broncos/Raiders is a great rivalry...well, when the raiders are good.

Who?

Are the Raiders still even in the NFL?

ORTONRULES
06-19-2009, 03:51 PM

So that is the rivalry that gets the fans going.

Do you have posters here from the other teams?

ScottXray
06-19-2009, 04:06 PM
Right Now the Chargers are the competition for the division. they have been kicking our ass for 3 years and its getting Old.

But Raiders - Broncos is the true rivalry for most Denver fans, and Denver -KC is not far behind.

Over the decades, SD has pretty much been a non factor until the last 5 years.. Eventually we know they'll return to middle of the pack.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-19-2009, 04:42 PM
So that is the rivalry that gets the fans going.

Do you have posters here from the other teams?

yes

Popps
06-19-2009, 04:47 PM

I could see it as bad as 4-5 wins, and as good as 8-9. But, I would have probably thought about the same if we made NO changes. We barely won 7 games last year, not including the freebie our buddy Ed gave us.

So, barely 7 wins last year... so add or subtract a couple.

It really doesn't matter. We're not going to win the Superbowl this year, or probably even make the playoffs. But, I do expect to see a foundation for success forming for this team.

If by the end of the season, we're not making any progress... I'll be as critical as anyone. But, I'm going to give this franchise a chance to put what I believe to be the proper philosophy in place before I start making rash judgments.

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 04:50 PM
I could see it as bad as 4-5 wins, and as good as 8-9. But, I would have probably thought about the same if we made NO changes. We barely won 7 games last year, not including the freebie our buddy Ed gave us.

It really doesn't matter. We're not going to win the Superbowl this year, or probably even make the playoffs. But, I do expect to see a foundation for success forming for this team.

If by the end of the season, we're not making any progress... I'll be as critical as anyone. But, I'm going to give this franchise a chance to put what I believe to be the proper philosophy in place before I start making rash judgments.

I can see where you're coming from in this post, but it's flagrantly pessimistic.

In one off-season the Broncos upgraded their QB position and managed to also get 2 firsts and a third in the process!

If the picks pan out as well as Orton will, it's a deep playoff team.

oubronco
06-19-2009, 05:08 PM
If Orton is so great then why couldn't he beat Grossman or Griese for the starting job?

BearMan18
06-19-2009, 05:12 PM
If Orton is so great then why couldn't he beat Grossman or Griese for the starting job?

That's what bothers me. I think the front office was so hung up on measurables. The success of the TEAM under Orton is undeniable.

It's like, why couldn't Brady beat out Bledsoe? Fortunately, New England had a coach that could recognize greatness when it got it's opportunity. It seems that trend followed to Denver with Josh!

elsid13
06-19-2009, 05:12 PM

Or have other team GMs attempting to trade for him?

BroncoBuff
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
I am more concerned on how he will take the immense pressure from the OMANERS.

Yeah, we can be hell on quarterbacks .....

DarkHorse30
06-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Right Now the Chargers are the competition for the division. they have been kicking our ass for 3 years and its getting Old.

I wonder how well Cutler will handle going against Favre if he ends up with the Vikings. So far my main complaint with Cutler is his disappearing act in big games and against big rivals.

montrose
06-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Are the Raiders still even in the NFL?

Yes, they beat the **** out of us in our own house with nothing to play for.

BroncoMan4ever
06-19-2009, 09:43 PM

that is what i want. i can live with seeing this team go 4-12 if i am seeing a strong core of the team forming, that is showing signs of a team that has the potential to become a force in the next couple years.

Orange_Beard
06-19-2009, 09:46 PM
On what he says to those who think he doesnít have NFL-caliber arm strength:

ďIíve had a strong enough arm my entire career. I donít listen to critics. I feel like Iíve had a nice start to my career and being with these coaches and these players, Iím just getting better and better and I just think this trade is the jump start to the second part of my career.Ē

and Brian Greise sent him to the bench.

KipCorrington25
06-19-2009, 10:38 PM
We need the guy to come back on here who ranked the arm strength of every QB on an NFL roster a few years ago that douche bag.

Br0nc0Buster
06-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Orton's arm is fine
he has above average arm strength, was flinging it all over the place at Purdue

Sure he may not hit Royal 65 yards downfield on a rope, but Cutler had a poor deep ball as well despite his god like armstrength

Armstrength can come in handy, but look at Jemarcus Russell, dude sucks and has like the strongest arm in the league

SouthStndJunkie
06-19-2009, 11:05 PM
That's what bothers me. I think the front office was so hung up on measurables. The success of the TEAM under Orton is undeniable.

Success?

Maybe in the regular season.

Seems to me that Rexasaurus has led you to more playoff wins than Orton has (none).

Hulamau
06-20-2009, 12:04 AM
I can see where you're coming from in this post, but it's flagrantly pessimistic.

In one off-season the Broncos upgraded their QB position and managed to also get 2 firsts and a third in the process!

If the picks pan out as well as Orton will, it's a deep playoff team.

Welcome to the Mane BearMan18, seems like you'll fit in fine here. Popps isn't pessimistic, just being cautiously realistic simply from the volume of changes here this year.

He has a solid take on football and what it takes to build a winning team, and isn't shy about voicing his opinion or giving a Chill Pill to some of the Nervous Nellies around here who seem perpetually convinced the sky is falling.

There are a lot of solid and hopeful signs that McD has this train heading on the right track, and no doubt there will be plenty bumps in the road, but if even half of these new draft picks, UDFAs and FA pan out ... and we can grab a dash of injury luck, which we haven't had much of the past couple years, we could very well surprise a lot of people by years end.

I've followed Orton some since Purdue and always liked the guy, and felt he was shackled some in the Bears offense. But in the games I've watched I never saw him really flame out or blow his cool, even on a bad hair day for him and the whole team. And the one thing you consistently hear is how much his teammates in the trenches with him like and respect him. That to me says alot.

If he was a **** up who couldn't command the huddle when the chips were down, there simply wouldn't be that much fondness for the guy among his peers, no matter how good a drinkin buddy he was with the guys.

I suspect too that this move for him will let him .. and the rest of us ... really find out how good he can be. Hopefully to everyone's satisfaction outside of Chokeland, KC and SD.

Popps
06-20-2009, 12:27 AM
Hulamau,

Agree with your entire post, but keep in mind... BearMan18 is a shill poster. (Alter ego.) Pretty funny bit a few posters are running that will probably grow painfully tiresome very rapidly. But, it's the off-season. What are we going to talk about, sinus irrigation?

Popps
06-20-2009, 12:30 AM
Since this seems to be the Kyle Orton thread...

Did you know...

Huge Beatles fan, Prius driver, green-conscious dude...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXTNeqVvFKw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UXTNeqVvFKw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Thank god he lost the Ringo mop, though.

Popps
06-20-2009, 12:32 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hneJjTNkh1o&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hneJjTNkh1o&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

System "kind of takes me back to my college days...."

BroncoMan4ever
06-20-2009, 12:35 AM
and Brian Greise sent him to the bench.

you are talking about the Bears organization. they are a team that for years thought Grossman was a starting QB. their opinion on what QB is best for their team isn't that great, considering the average football fan could have told them, Grossman isn't going to be a good pro QB

Popps
06-20-2009, 12:47 AM
Quite a number of Orton well-wishers out there in Bears land, for what it's worth. I've always felt you can get a fairly good tell on a player from his former team's fans. (i.e. We hated to see Sharpe go, but weren't so broken up about Griese leaving, etc.)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BroncoMan4ever
06-20-2009, 02:20 AM
Quite a number of Orton well-wishers out there in Bears land, for what it's worth. I've always felt you can get a fairly good tell on a player from his former team's fans. (i.e. We hated to see Sharpe go, but weren't so broken up about Griese leaving, etc.)

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EE2CxDWm1sc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

idk

his arm seems decent to me, always has. it is stronger than Plummer's was, he can put some nice touch on longer and intermediate throws, and looks like when you give him a couple seconds to plant his feet and throw, he will make good things happen.

i for one am not too broken up over Jay no longer being here, because i think Orton can kick ass with our line protecting him and our weapons helping him out.

rastaman
06-20-2009, 05:58 AM
that is what i want. i can live with seeing this team go 4-12 if i am seeing a strong core of the team forming, that is showing signs of a team that has the potential to become a force in the next couple years.

Question I have, would a Shanahan coached team with Cutler at Qb and a heathy stable of RB's only win 4 games in 2009! Its highly unlikely.

Lets keep in mind, BMarsh had over 100 receptions two consecutive years b/c Denver never had a RB who gained 1500-1700 yards! That's way Cutler had the huge passing stats.

Think about it for moment how impactful a consistent zone blocking running attack would have been last season. Teams could not have cheated and zoned in on our pass attack, the running game could have protected leads, and or ran the clock out. More importantly, had Denver not endured 7 RB's suffering season ending injuries, the Broncos running attack would have kept opposing teams offenses on the sidelines and kept Denver's porous defense on the sidelines as much as possible as well.

The lack of a consistent running attack due to season ending injuries to 7 RB's was key as to why Denver's season ended the way it did and not so much the Defense...although the D was horrific. Let's be honest, Shanny and Cutler had to end the season down the stretch with cast-off RB's of the caliber of Tatum Bell and Selvin Young......hell I wouldn't even want McDaneil's to endure a season with playoff hopes and a divisional title on the line with those two scrubs!!!!

Simply put......Bowlen pulled the trigger prematurely by firing Shanhan plain and simple. So while I'm enduring a possible 4 win season as a fan this year, I'll be thinking about what this team could have accomplished in 2009 had Shanny not be fired, Cutler traded, and a healthy stable of RB's.

Hamrob
06-20-2009, 07:10 AM

Bring back the era of "ugly wins" and playoff births. At least back then we had a chance and made the playoffs even though we were severely outplayed but that is what happens whey you play superbowl contenders.You're funny. Go take a look at our schedule...about the only thing ungly we're going to see are the losses!

Paladin
06-20-2009, 07:21 AM
you are talking about the Bears organization. they are a team that for years thought Grossman was a starting QB. their opinion on what QB is best for their team isn't that great, considering the average football fan could have told them, Grossman isn't going to be a good pro QB

Right. And given that history and their current coaching staff, what makes anyone think the Bears will be any different with Quitler?

Popps
06-20-2009, 11:12 AM
his arm seems decent to me, always has. it is stronger than Plummer's was, he can put some nice touch on longer and intermediate throws, and looks like when you give him a couple seconds to plant his feet and throw, he will make good things happen.on can kick ass with our line protecting him and our weapons helping him out.

Yea, I just honestly haven't had that many opportunities to see him play. I've probably seen Grossman play more, and he was so up and down, it's hard to know how good he really was.

I think it's also tough to judge anything using the Bears offense. Though, if you listen to the interview, he talks about the bears being a power team and this new offense being more likened to what he had success running in school.

His arm is stronger than Jake's, though he's not as mobile. He runs a few bootlegs fairly well in that tribute video, though. I don't get the idea that he's a statute or anything.

As we saw with Shanahan/Plummer, some coaches can work magic with certain QBs. Not sure why, but I just have a feeling McDaniels' attention to detail and work regimen might turn Orton into a viable QB.

Popps
06-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Look, Orton to Eddie Royal! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T03mVFIKF38&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T03mVFIKF38&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Baba Booey
06-20-2009, 11:14 AM
"When life gives you lemons, just say '**** the lemons' and bail."

-Kyle Orton

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_X2TlLBsNG08/STM03UQuRgI/AAAAAAAAB4U/Gvyhzjo_yDc/s400/drunkkylewithladies.jpg

BearMan18
06-20-2009, 11:17 AM
"When life gives you lemons, just say '**** the lemons' and bail."

-Kyle Orton

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_X2TlLBsNG08/STM03UQuRgI/AAAAAAAAB4U/Gvyhzjo_yDc/s400/drunkkylewithladies.jpg

Hmmm... that's inaccurate.

I was at a bar with him. He really said, "When life gives you lemons, comb the seeds out of your neckbeard when you're done."

ORTONRULES
06-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Look, Orton to Eddie Royal! :)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T03mVFIKF38&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T03mVFIKF38&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I was lucky enough to be at that game what an ass kicking! I think KO threw 4 or 5 TDs IIRC.

BearMan18
06-20-2009, 11:23 AM
I was lucky enough to be at that game what an ass kicking! I think KO threw 4 or 5 TDs IIRC.

Ugh, I'm so jealous. I only make the trip out there once a year.

Baba Booey
06-20-2009, 11:26 AM
Hmmm... that's inaccurate.

I was at a bar with him. He really said, "When life gives you lemons, comb the seeds out of your neckbeard when you're done."

Ah. Thank you for correcting meROFL! .

broncswin
06-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Success?

Maybe in the regular season.

Seems to me that Rexasaurus has led you to more playoff wins than Orton has (none).

what's funny is now the bears have a QB who can't even win the games to get in the playoffs, let alone a playoff gameLOL

broncswin
06-20-2009, 12:00 PM

Look at how many TD passes he threw from the 30 yard line in(with zip), the guy gets very accurate close to the promise land. I can not say that about cutler, he seemed to freeze up a lot when the field got tight. I just hope that Orton keeps that accuracy and "ice in the vains" mentality around the zone, because we haven't seen that in a while.:thumbsup:

SouthStndJunkie
06-20-2009, 08:03 PM
I think it is amusing that everyone says....Kyle Orton just won games for the Bears, he just found ways to win.

Orton's career record is 21-12....nice indeed, but that made me curious as to Rex Grossman's career record with the Bears?

A very similar 19-12....and Grossman took them to a Super Bowl.

rastaman
06-20-2009, 09:16 PM
what's funny is now the bears have a QB who can't even win the games to get in the playoffs, let alone a playoff gameLOL

You are missing the point. Can't win games and make the playoffs when your RB's all suffered season ending injuries. Tatum Bell and Selvin Young don't scare any defenses into playing cheating the pass. No QB in the league can lead their team to the playoffs w/o a decent defense and running attack.

BroncoMan4ever
06-20-2009, 09:25 PM
I think it is amusing that everyone says....Kyle Orton just won games for the Bears, he just found ways to win.

Orton's career record is 21-12....nice indeed, but that made me curious as to Rex Grossman's career record with the Bears?

A very similar 19-12....and Grossman took them to a Super Bowl.

wasn't that the season where Orton led them most of the regular season and clinched them a playoff spot only for the team to **** him over, because Grossman was healed from injury.

Hulamau
06-20-2009, 09:45 PM
Yep. Orton got screwed

SouthStndJunkie
06-20-2009, 09:49 PM
wasn't that the season where Orton led them most of the regular season and clinched them a playoff spot only for the team to **** him over, because Grossman was healed from injury.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2006.htm

Orton did not start a game their Super Bowl year.

Hulamau
06-20-2009, 10:06 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/chi/2006.htm

Orton did not start a game their Super Bowl year.

He got screwed begin yanked from the playoffs after leading them to a 10-5 record the year before the SB

NYBronc
06-25-2009, 10:01 AM
KingNeckbeard's latest tweet:

Sure Sandy Clough, I was avoiding questions in our interview... Let's see how you sound after downing a bottle of Cuervo you f***stick!